Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs
Reload this Page ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old May 24th, 2008 (03:00 PM).
A figment of your imgination

3 NEW SHINIES!!!! okay so I didn't really catch them myself I got them from someone doing spring cleaning but they are all legit so thats good, I got an eevee, glaceon, and arcanine =) and now i'm heading back up to SR for dialga...I had to let it kill me so i could blackout but of well totally worth it!!! (she also helped me evolve my kadabra so yay!!!)

Old May 24th, 2008 (04:40 PM).

I managed to chain a shiny zigzagoon at 28 and chain is still going at 38 so I'm close to resetting radar a bunch

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old May 24th, 2008 (04:58 PM).
GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DDD'SSCEPTILE
Quote originally posted by Thebiggamer:
I managed to chain a shiny zigzagoon at 28 and chain is still going at 38 so I'm close to resetting radar a bunch
Awesome! Good luck dude!

Still be cautious. I once lost a chain of Smeargle at 39. I was crushed.

I made it to 40 Zigzagoon, caught two, and then made a miss-step because my hands were sweaty.. o.o'

Just wish they could get Extremespeed.
Old May 24th, 2008 (06:29 PM).
Lord of the Sammich!

Nature: Docile
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LordxDanswich
Quote originally posted by DDD'SSCEPTILE:
Awesome! Good luck dude!

Still be cautious. I once lost a chain of Smeargle at 39. I was crushed.

I made it to 40 Zigzagoon, caught two, and then made a miss-step because my hands were sweaty.. o.o'

Just wish they could get Extremespeed.

I have a shiny zigzagoon with extremespeed :D shocked the hell out of me when it hatched i can tell ya.

Kindle Road
Current Location/Target
Credit to Pokesho for the Ponyta image
Old May 24th, 2008 (07:26 PM).

Quote originally posted by VenomX:
I have a shiny zigzagoon with extremespeed :D shocked the hell out of me when it hatched i can tell ya.
I wish I could hatch a shiny. Just once. Just to see what happens.

Cuz it didn't earlier with Treecko (I worked harder than I thought on and should have. = / ). I now have a Lv. 31 Grovyle but I switched back to Pearl to try and chain Misdreavus.
But... I dunno if it's just because I'm restless or just can't focus, I kept breaking the chain after just 2 Pokemon.

I think it's bad grass selection. It, 80% of the time, shows 3 patches, 1 uncommon/rare, and 2 common....

And then it's all over the walls.

Eterna's my favorite place to chain but this is ridiculous.

Anyway, back to the hatching, I don't know what I'd hatch. Shroomish? Sneasel? Those two were always on my list.

But in a way, I'd like for it to just be random.... although, however, I would like to at least set the nature and the rest of those breeding tricks.

I think too much about this stuff. :P
I hope I get to 40 Misdreavus soon. :(
Old May 25th, 2008 (07:33 AM).
Three Days Grace - Break

Nature: Quiet
Been doing some Sring for a shiny Drifloon. I an also thinking about SRing for Regigigas but not sure if I will stick to it. I don't really like SRing that much. I would much rather chain or find them in the wild but Regigigas would be good and so would Drifloon. My least favourite way is hatching so I thin I will SR for them. Also Shiny Torchic still hasn't appeared so I am still hope full I will get that to.
Old May 25th, 2008 (08:38 AM).

My chain ended up ending at 41, the shiny had gluttony so I was a little dissapointed at that I was hoping for pickup so I could lvl it to 100 and have an item fetcher

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old May 25th, 2008 (09:18 AM).
Nostalgia is powerful.

Nature: Hasty
I'm currently chaining for a shiny Gloom. I know I said I would be chaining for a shiny Weepinbell, but a Gloom appeared first, and I want shiny Victreebell and shiny Vileplume equally so...yeah!

Still hoping for a Drowzee swarm...I might just change my swarm, I really would like to get one before the Darkrai event!

Good luck, everyone.

Credit goes to ShinysHunters Forum for the image.

Old May 25th, 2008 (09:25 AM).
I think I'm here to stay

Nature: Adamant
MM is it posible you can teach me how to make the SHC banners. I would be glad to make them if i only knew how. Im currently learning how to make regular banners =D. I will love to learn how to make the SHC and again i would be glad make it for people who need to be updated.
Old May 25th, 2008 (10:16 AM).
Dispose Of The Betrayer....

im playing through my pearl version again in hopes of doing more resets for legends. i think i might go for palkia

" As The Lightless Oblivion Devours You, Drown In The Ever-Blooming Darkness.."
Credit Goes To Aurafire For The Banner

Old May 25th, 2008 (02:32 PM).

Someone tell me what the heck is going on.

I keep losing chains. But I keep finding shiny Pokemon at low chain numbers.

After again many failed attempts with Buneary, I finally make it to 20, and whoops there it is, shiny grass.

So, hmmmmmmmmmmm.......

Of course, I have to enter it. It's not the farthest grass away, which concerns me a little. The grass selection was bad anyway, but...

However, this enlightens me just the same, so therefore, I must make an announcement to every member in the Shiny Hunter Hunters Club:

Keep trying. Never, ever, ever give up. Whatever you're doing, whether it be soft-resetting, chaining, hatching, or just going old-skool in the old games by just walking around...

Never give up.

You will eventually get it.

Now, I may or may not continue onward to make it to 40. But after many failed attempts, I will be able to say I have at least 1 shiny Buneary.

That is, if I'm able to catch it, but I have a False-Swiper with me which practically guarantees capture.

Good luck everyone with all your own attempts, and never give up.

This gives me the will to try to get Gligar later. This is what I needed. I may be failing hard at some times but it's given me willpower.

I realized what was wrong. I wasn't being safe enough. I had like 5 Buneary or Misdreavus at just 2000 steps. Is that good, or just foolhardy? It took me 40,000 steps to get 1 Venomoth because I was being extra careful (then I forgot to switch out my Butterfree or something, and lost the chain).

That's the way I'm gonna play it tonight. I'm going to play it like it's already 30, 35 Pokemon. Because with these two that I'm trying to get (and get more of), they're very tricky. It may be 20% encounter rate but it reminds me of Gligar. Seriously.

So, I'll catch my first shiny Buneary here in a minute. Since I record my captures (at least the first one anyway), I'm waiting for the right time for less interruptions and sounds. I'm in no hurry, I needed a break anyway, and I did the same with Corsola.

Good luck yawl!! (I need something better to say than that! GREAT luck!)
Old May 25th, 2008 (06:06 PM).

I've been getting low chain shinies too, my manectric was at 20, so was one of the buizel, and ziggy was 28

Old May 25th, 2008 (08:51 PM).

ok, I caught the Buneary. It's got an Impish nature, which is actually ok lol. I'm just going to be careful now and try to ease my way to 40 because I'd prefer some Jolly ones.

It's funny, if I told this to the me about 2 years ago.... I'd be happy and not frustrated one bit. :P

Gotta focus. I may not do too much more tonight, cuz I have a bad headache. My Mom said I looked worn out. :P

I was just wondering, did anyone notice how on the Chain PokeTech App page, if you're in a chain, and enter a patch of grass, how it'll either fade out with the chain intact (meaning you've found your Pokemon again), or disappear real fast if the chain's broken?

I have a tip for those chainers who haven't witnessed the shiny grass all that much. I do recall someone somewhere else saying they mistook a shaking grass for a shiny patch.
Well, here's the thing:
Shiny patches do NOT shake at all!

They just sparkle, like so:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqxvWhbwQqw

lol I'm so glad I was lucky enough to get that video of it. Blink blink, blink blink. Flicker, flicker. WHichever you choose to call it, the grass doesn't really move at all. If you look hard enough you'll also notice some Rare/Uncommon grass and the common grass, to compare them. =)

Good luck everyone
Old May 26th, 2008 (05:12 AM).
I think I'm here to stay

Nature: Adamant
Quote originally posted by DDD'SSCEPTILE:
ok, I caught the Buneary. It's got an Impish nature, which is actually ok lol. I'm just going to be careful now and try to ease my way to 40 because I'd prefer some Jolly ones.

It's funny, if I told this to the me about 2 years ago.... I'd be happy and not frustrated one bit.

Gotta focus. I may not do too much more tonight, cuz I have a bad headache. My Mom said I looked worn out.

I was just wondering, did anyone notice how on the Chain PokeTech App page, if you're in a chain, and enter a patch of grass, how it'll either fade out with the chain intact (meaning you've found your Pokemon again), or disappear real fast if the chain's broken?

I have a tip for those chainers who haven't witnessed the shiny grass all that much. I do recall someone somewhere else saying they mistook a shaking grass for a shiny patch.
Well, here's the thing:
Shiny patches do NOT shake at all!

They just sparkle, like so:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqxvWhbwQqw

lol I'm so glad I was lucky enough to get that video of it. Blink blink, blink blink. Flicker, flicker. WHichever you choose to call it, the grass doesn't really move at all. If you look hard enough you'll also notice some Rare/Uncommon grass and the common grass, to compare them. =)

Good luck everyone

Gosh thats I have 2 problems with chaining. If its the chain break i give up and tomorrow go to some other random pokemon. And when i get to high chainies my eyes hurt, my fingers are kinda sweaty(sry if its to much info),and i get nervous. Yea people tell me dont get nervouse but that dosent help just saying dont be nervous. I cant control that, some others might but i cant.
Old May 26th, 2008 (05:37 AM). Edited May 26th, 2008 by Thebiggamer.

So far today I got 1 shiny porygon, no idea on nature, and I'm still going for more

chain ended at 57, 1 shiny

it's hasty natured so I can work with it for wifi battles

Old May 26th, 2008 (06:04 AM).
Three Days Grace - Break

Congrats on the shiny. I haven't looked for one today. I will start looking later. For now though I am aiming to complete Phoenix Wright 1 as I forgot about it and only just remembered I am on the last mission. Once I have done that it is back to my chaining. So right now it is SRing for Torchic that I will do.
Old May 26th, 2008 (06:15 AM).

thanks, my other thing at the mansion is castform I may try to chain him or I'll check my swarm. I gotta do that later though cause I sorta got a 7 page essay due tommorow that determines if I graduate

Old May 26th, 2008 (06:31 AM).
Three Days Grace - Break

I have to revise for some test I have to so I know what its like. I have spent all morning revising which leave me with no time to shiny hunt. It is hard to fit everything so shiny hunting is last thing on my mind at the minute. Once my tests are out of the way they will move higher in my list of things to do.
Old May 26th, 2008 (01:25 PM). Edited May 26th, 2008 by DDD'SSCEPTILE.

The chain broke. Again. At 28. I thought it would be safe but the only way it's going to be remotely safe is that if all the grasses are common grasses. otherwise I'm taking a huge risk, and it feels like I'm gonna have to pull a rabbit out of a hat if I want to get more shiny Buneary.

But I'm already back up to 10. I boxed the bunny, switched Grovyle out for my "Serious Business" Breloom, and got right back at it. Even if I fail and it's 8 PM, I'm not switching back to Pearl until I get more shiny Buneary, even if it's just one. I must give that girl one of them, but I hate giving away my ONLY one (that's not very selfish is it?), not to mention my first. I always keep the first one no matter how crappy it is.

Good luck on y'alls tests, I finished grade school about a month ago. I need to keep in school though that way I'm covered by my Mom's insurance, so we're trying to figure out what I can go to.

I want a job in meteorology..... but I don't know if I'll ever get there or not......

edit:
Chain broke when I was going for 15. So this cements the fact that there must not be any other kinds of patches besides commons (and shiny of course).

I'm just getting really frustrated..... I'd like to take a break.... I've already done this over so many times..... I just want to make it to the end already, and this one is really crucial too...

If I don't restart immediately I won't have headway on it later.
Old May 26th, 2008 (02:16 PM).
A figment of your imgination

So i've been soft reseting for like 5 days now for this stupid shiny dialga...and still nothing It's really quite discouraging and I wanna get on with my game but I dunno I don't really want to give up either ><

Old May 26th, 2008 (02:59 PM).

I've never sucessfully sr'd a shiny so keep up and good luck

Old May 26th, 2008 (04:48 PM).
Dispose Of The Betrayer....

Quote originally posted by Tabatha:
So i've been soft reseting for like 5 days now for this stupid shiny dialga...and still nothing It's really quite discouraging and I wanna get on with my game but I dunno I don't really want to give up either ><
it will come eventually when you least expect it trust me, nothing new on my hunts still going for mudkip and palkia at the moment.

" As The Lightless Oblivion Devours You, Drown In The Ever-Blooming Darkness.."
Credit Goes To Aurafire For The Banner

Old May 26th, 2008 (07:08 PM).

I had a chain of nosepass going but it broke, I don't really like nosepass much so i'm ok with no shiny there, now that I added my new shinies to sig I noticed I'm very close to getting a complete 6 poke team of shinies so I probably want to try for a mixxed wall shiny next to make up for the fact that 3 of them turn into physical sweepers and the other 2 are special sweepers

Old May 26th, 2008 (09:10 PM).

Quote originally posted by Thebiggamer:
I had a chain of nosepass going but it broke, I don't really like nosepass much so i'm ok with no shiny there, now that I added my new shinies to sig I noticed I'm very close to getting a complete 6 poke team of shinies so I probably want to try for a mixxed wall shiny next to make up for the fact that 3 of them turn into physical sweepers and the other 2 are special sweepers
I have some shiny Nosepass. And I ponder why I wanted them in the first place.

Anyway, you remind me of me. =) So I'm gonna help you out here.

I has some shiny Bronzor and my wall is Bronzong. I actually have two really good ones but I never raised the 2nd one because even though the 2nd one is better, it has Heatproof, and I haven't found much use for that except when my friend burns it with his Infernape's Flamethrower. >_>
That's the problem with Bronzong. It doesn't have a good recovery move but man it's pretty good at .. what it does. Looks pretty cool too, I LOVE the green.

If you decide to go after one, be sure to take a Magnet Pull lead Pokemon with you (I.E. dead Lv. 1 Magnemite) to make them appear more, otherwise you'll throw fits like I did for 2 days before it came to my attention I could do that.....
.. and once it did I made it to 40 in one swoop and got 12 Shiny Bronzors, the most I've gotten out of a chain.

My longest chain though is Nincada at 82.

So anyway, there we were, about to become pipesqueek food.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4nNlKECBeF8

^Epic video of the Buneary. I could've done a little bit more audio editing on it, but I like that. A lot.

Now I wish I could change my opinion on Buneary to reflect that. I have been crushed, stomped, and tossed aside, but I'm hoping that night time is the right time, because Murkrow comes out. That could be a bad thing.... or a good thing.

It tweaks the encounter rates. Adds another Pokemon...

Buneary is just a tick off of Misdreavus, at 19%. Add another Pokemon to the mix.... I'm hoping that the 19% stays 19%, which actually makes my chances go higher.

I still miss you baby and I don't want to miss a thing
Old May 26th, 2008 (09:36 PM).
Nostalgia is powerful.

Nature: Hasty
After at least three hours of resetting the Radar, my game ended up freezing. -_- At first, I was rather disappointed.

Then I saw the IVs of the lone Jolly shiny Krabby that I captured.

Krabby - #98 (Jolly)
HP: 3
Att: 29
Def: 28
SpA: 13
SpD: 27
Speed: 27

YES, I'm quite happy with what I got. I will now proceed to putting it in the Day Care, and reset my swarm so that I may go chain a shiny Drowzee.

Never mind, I just remembered that I still have some Feraligatr at the Day Care...guess I'll just keep it deposited. My new shiny Krabby will have to wait to be chained.

Oh yeah, it's female, too.

Credit goes to ShinysHunters Forum for the image.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links