The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 4th, 2008, 01:41 PM
DDD'SSCEPTILE
GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DDD'SSCEPTILE
You are welcome Tabatha. :3

Well, I got 6 shiny Snubbull in all, but..........

I'm amazed.

I saw the double shiny patch.

TWO SHINY PATCHES AT ONCE.

I wish I could've recorded it, but I wasn't expecting it.

It was just.... wow.
Old June 4th, 2008, 02:37 PM
Thebiggamer
Trainer

Originally Posted by DDD'SSCEPTILE View Post

I'm amazed.

It was just.... wow.

That is awesome dude, gratz on the 6 shinies as well as the double shiny patch, just today I was wondering to myself if it was realt

Guys

NEWS FLASH

just now as I was trying to get a claydol on a chain, what do you know that pops up but a shiny Ponyta! Although it was from the radar there was not a shiny patch it was just a normal one and the chain was 0, so would this be considered a radar or random encounter? If it's the latter it was my first one since staraptor way back in december

Guys

NEWS FLASH

just now as I was trying to get a claydol on a chain, what do you know that pops up but a shiny Ponyta! Although it was from the radar there was not a shiny patch it was just a normal one and the chain was 0, so would this be considered a radar or random encounter? If it's the latter it was my first one since staraptor way back in december

It even has an ok nature(hasty) so I could use it for wifi

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.

Last edited by Thebiggamer; June 4th, 2008 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old June 4th, 2008, 05:23 PM
DDD'SSCEPTILE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebiggamer View Post
That is awesome dude, gratz on the 6 shinies as well as the double shiny patch, just today I was wondering to myself if it was realt

Guys

NEWS FLASH

Guys

NEWS FLASH

It even has an ok nature(hasty) so I could use it for wifi
Guys

NEWS FLASH

lol, awesome! Wow, I can't decide on whether to call it random encounter or radar... There really was no chain yet.... but the grass still moved BUT there was no shiny grass.

These kinds of things make me wonder how many shinies I've lost so far while chaining. :(

Anyway, congratulations and good luck on your ... yeah. Lower evolution of Claydol chain. I forgot what they were called.
I've encountered a few of them but decided on Bronzong instead. I'm not concerned about a Rapid Spinner yet (although it could use stuff like Earth Power and Ice Beam).

edit:

Oh yeah they're called Baltoy.

Also.... didn't you used to have a shiny Buizel too?
Old June 4th, 2008, 05:26 PM
Thebiggamer
Trainer

Well ironicly this was the one time I wasn't after a shiny. which just goes to show. I was gonna catch one Baltoy then breed it with a ditto I had just caught(I looked at it's characteristic then checked IVS and 30 attack) then once I get a relaxed one breed w/ everstone til I got a shiny baltoy. Its for a gimmick battle I'm gonna do with a guy in my clan, we use pokemon from every tier, including ubers

well even though I can make shiny ponyta apear I can't do the same with baltoy so I just checked my pokedex and I've seen claydol so I'll go GTS one then breed it for shiny, later and good night

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.

Last edited by Thebiggamer; June 4th, 2008 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old June 4th, 2008, 08:34 PM
MetalMario
Donator Tier 4

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MetalMario
Quote:

I'm amazed.

It was just.... wow.
Wow, that must feel kind of awkward/bad. In one way, you have a shiny that you're about to get, but in another, there's that other shiny that you have to let go. Door number one, or door number two? xP Actually, I think the specific Pokémon you see is generated just as you walk into the patch, itself, so there isn't any difference. (I still have to test this theory. Save states don't work for DS in No$GBA, and I haven't even played that far on my M3 save.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebiggamer View Post
Guys

NEWS FLASH

I'd call that a random encounter. It didn't have the shiny patch "working its magic" on its stats, so it had to have been the plain ol' Random Pokémon Generator that made it shiny.

Onto personal progress, I've finished EVing and have evolved my shiny Drifloon. I don't like that huge dark patch on Drifblim's back sprite. They should have made an "in between shade" for the shadowy parts there. I'm going for a kind of Calm Mind tank set for my Blim. His IVs are too atrocious for use in serious battles anyway!

Next up on the hit list--Seviper!

I'd rather be a comma than a full stop

osu!
stream
github
latest shiny: Boldore (Oct.30/11)
Old June 5th, 2008, 04:15 AM
Thebiggamer
Trainer

Originally Posted by MetalMario View Post
Wow, that must feel kind of awkward/bad. In one way, you have a shiny that you're about to get, but in another, there's that other shiny that you have to let go. Door number one, or door number two? xP Actually, I think the specific Pokémon you see is generated just as you walk into the patch, itself, so there isn't any difference. (I still have to test this theory. Save states don't work for DS in No$GBA, and I haven't even played that far on my M3 save.)

I'd call that a random encounter. It didn't have the shiny patch "working its magic" on its stats, so it had to have been the plain ol' Random Pokémon Generator that made it shiny.

Onto personal progress, I've finished EVing and have evolved my shiny Drifloon. I don't like that huge dark patch on Drifblim's back sprite. They should have made an "in between shade" for the shadowy parts there. I'm going for a kind of Calm Mind tank set for my Blim. His IVs are too atrocious for use in serious battles anyway!

Next up on the hit list--Seviper!

I was gonna go for seviper after I try for baltoy as well

Old June 5th, 2008, 04:27 AM
Dark Steelix Lv X
Final Atomic Buster

Hey all. Still sring for combee from yesterday's tree. Sr for 6 hours for it. Hoping one of my other slathered trees produces combee so I can keep it going after today :p Congrats to all new shinies! Heh I haven't chained a shiny since last US thanksgiving, when I got Skarmory. Not really a big chainer. Prefer to try and get them through SR or wild encounters if possible. There's things I am going to chain, but haven't gotten around to it. Main chaining targets are going to be Misdreavus once I beat pearl, and Metapod to avenge my lost one from Gold.

Heh 5 shinies I had in 2nd gen were metapod, krabby, spearow, unown (V) and magikarp. Only need to get metapod and magikarp to completely avenge my lost shinies (stupid battery drying up). I'll also try and chain cacnea. Have one that I found on the used 2nd pearl I bought, but can't count it since no way to verify it wasn't hacked/cloned. Anyways congrats to new shinies and good luck MM on getting your shinies back!

+ Unown !, Skarmory, Uxie, Treecko, Torchic, Palkia, Metapod, Rotom, Voltorb, Mudkip, Darkrai, Shaymin, Azelf, Mewtwo, Electrode, Machop, Trapinch, Grimer
Credit to Yami Zidane

TARGETS:
Old June 5th, 2008, 06:42 AM
Thebiggamer
Trainer

I had 3 buizel but I traded 1 to my friend and another to some dude for a shiny latias(not sure on the authenticity which is why its not listed) and I have no idea where the 3rd went I just know its not in my boxes

Old June 6th, 2008, 02:50 PM
Tabatha
A figment of your imgination

Hey everyone!

Congratz about the new shinies!!!! I love the shiny ponyta I think the blue flames are super awsome.

I made the final Decision and evolved my shiny eevee into a flareon....flareon is my favorite pokemon and oh well so what it it's shiny isn't as cool looking as the other eeveelution shinies

Old June 6th, 2008, 03:19 PM
super onii chan
I think I'm here to stay

Nature: Adamant
well i started Sring for palkia today wish me luck not keeping track of the number of sr. It gives me huge headache
Old June 6th, 2008, 10:00 PM
DDD'SSCEPTILE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabatha View Post

I made the final Decision and evolved my shiny eevee into a flareon....flareon is my favorite pokemon and oh well so what it it's shiny isn't as cool looking as the other eeveelution shinies
I think they all look cool, especially Flareon. Sometimes it only needs a subtle change to look awesome, and it reminds me of a bronze statue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyhunter011 View Post
well i started Sring for palkia today wish me luck ^^ not keeping track of the number of sr. It gives me huge headache
Good luck dude. =)

So....

I been doing some other things atm. Smogon's back so I'm hoping to send those last few Pokemon back to their rightful owner, and I also kinda hope that girl is satisfied with the trading as of now.

Today's Swarm Pokemon were Krabby (D) and Makuhita (P).

1st, although I want Krabby/Kingler, I just don't really want to do it right now.

2nd, I've been waiting on Makuhita as well (for reasons to actually counter one of my own strategies lol).
The problem?
I need an Impish Synch and I only have one and I need it on Diamond to chain those Gligar when I finally get the chance. I could look on FR for more of them, but you see, that's just the first of a few other problems..

They're on route 225. If this was Diamond, it'd be no sweat.

This is Pearl. I haven't even been to Route 225 yet. There's still trainers left to be fought and I don't feel like fighting, especially when you only have 3 high level Pokemon consisting of Infernape, Ninetails and Palkia. Sounds 'strong' I guess but it lacks one thing and that's confidence.

3rd, it has to do with the above as well. These things are at Lv. 50, 51 apiece. They might not die in one hit, not to mention all the other tougher Pokemon around.

So looks like I'll just save Makuhita for another day, and see what tomorrow brings.

SPeaking of Smogon I'm trying to get a good Ditto so I can start breeding/hatching Shroomish for a shiny one. I don't know why, but I really, really want one. I can't stop thinking about it at times.

So I'm hoping that guy will lend me a hand... I've never really bred a Pokemon for good IVs and nature before. (Although I'm just going for shininess)

IF I get it, I'll probably do it on one of the Pearls, since pretty much all the boxes are clear.

And with that many eggs, I'll more than likely get actual GOOD Pokemon to start real trading.

But what I really want is that shiny.

I was going to test something, to see if I could re-learn False Swipe using a Heart scale. If so, I could use the Breloom as a fighter AND a sleeper. =)

Well, it'd still be a sleeper anyway.

/post.
Old June 7th, 2008, 04:28 AM
Razer302
Three Days Grace - Break

Nature: Quiet
I have been SRing for Regigigas the past couple of days. I haven't done that many but I am doing it right now while posting this. It takes ages to SR for it. I might do SRing for Regigigas and Torchic at same time tonight. I haven't fully decided. I am als going to start Pearl on my R4 as I have no idea where my actual copy of Pearl is. I lost it at my nan's house when I stayed there a while ago and haven't been able to find it. Hopefully will get a shiny on my playthrough and might SR for Palkia.
Old June 7th, 2008, 06:35 AM
Shadow236
Razor Shell!!

Nature: Hardy
Aren't shinys like close to impossible to find? Do you have any techniques that we can
use or are we on our own? And do u supply the signature pics because I don't know
how to make them.
Old June 7th, 2008, 07:39 AM
super onii chan
I think I'm here to stay

Quote:
gs.

SPeaking of Smogon I'm trying to get a good Ditto so I can start breeding/hatching Shroomish for a shiny one. I don't know why, but I really, really want one. I can't stop thinking about it at times.

So I'm hoping that guy will lend me a hand... I've never really bred a Pokemon for good IVs and nature before. (Although I'm just going for shininess)

/post.
i have a adament ditto with 31ivs in spd and atk it will help you alot plus it holds everstone
Old June 7th, 2008, 09:41 AM
Tabatha

So I get home last night right around 1:30 in the morning and I decide to check what's swarming today and it's a voltorb.....cool I guess....so I begin to chain and get to 20 and then I figure it's like 2:15 my eyes are hurting I should go to bed before I screw up my chain.....I wake up and continue to chain and make it to 31 yay then I go into what I think is definatly a voltorb patch of grass and BAM wingull I nearly cried because I was soooooo close QQ......Well I'm taking my alakazam to the poke-center so I can get his pp back and I'll start again I guess ><
Sigh a blue voltorb would be sooo neat

EDIT: YAY made it to a 40 chain on voltorb!!! It's my first 40 woot!!! so now i'm just resetting the radar a bunch of times hoping to get a shiny patch!

EDIT: There it is!!! the shiny patch!!! the first ever shiny patch I've ever seen.....and YAY I catch my first shiny (my other 3 shinies I got in trades) while I have my chain still going I'm gonna see if I can get a few more just so I have some nature options and also a few to trade without having to bother cloning but anyways yeah yay i'm super happy today is by far the awsomest!

Last edited by Tabatha; June 7th, 2008 at 01:01 PM.
Old June 7th, 2008, 02:07 PM
DDD'SSCEPTILE

Quote:
i have a adament ditto with 31ivs in spd and atk it will help you alot plus it holds everstone
cool. If I can't get one from that one guy.... I'll probably try to swindle that one off of you. =P

Quote:
So I get home last night right around 1:30 in the morning and I decide to check what's swarming today and it's a voltorb.....cool I guess....so I begin to chain and get to 20 and then I figure it's like 2:15 my eyes are hurting I should go to bed before I screw up my chain.....I wake up and continue to chain and make it to 31 yay then I go into what I think is definatly a voltorb patch of grass and BAM wingull I nearly cried because I was soooooo close QQ......Well I'm taking my alakazam to the poke-center so I can get his pp back and I'll start again I guess ><

EDIT: YAY made it to a 40 chain on voltorb!!! It's my first 40 woot!!! so now i'm just resetting the radar a bunch of times hoping to get a shiny patch!

EDIT: There it is!!! the shiny patch!!! the first ever shiny patch I've ever seen.....and YAY I catch my first shiny (my other 3 shinies I got in trades) while I have my chain still going I'm gonna see if I can get a few more just so I have some nature options and also a few to trade without having to bother cloning but anyways yeah yay i'm super happy today is by far the awsomest!

Congratulations!! I bet that was one thrilling experience, huh? (it's funny there's a thunderstorm just over the hill and Voltorb is electric)

My shiny Electrode I got on Sapphire while looking for a shiny Magnemite served me well. It was hilarious using it on CPU Rock and Ground trainers....... I'd outrun them, use Magnet Rise, and coincidentally my Electrode had HP (Hidden Power) Water 55. It wasn't that strong but it got the job done back then. Oh, and Thunderbolt. :P

I named mine Sonic, because it's fast and blue. I may use it again for nostalgic's sake. :)

As far as news with me goes, there's this guy that saw my videos and wants a shiny Lickitung. It states on my profile page that my shinies aren't for sale, but I went ahead and asked what he had. Anymore, I can't stand using traded Pokemon that wasn't caught by me. He has a naughty Dugtrio though, and also a Lucario, but I also told him that we could battle for it, because he seems to be a budding competitive battler and could use the experience. If he chooses to go down that path, it won't matter if I win or not. I'll be looking for his experience and if he's worthy.

I worked hard for my Pokemon, so they aren't going to be let go of easily.

oh yeah also, I'm itching to start trying to get a shiny Gligar..... so I hope I get this trade crap done soon.. =| I don't want to be disturbed and have to quit chaining, and I also don't want to leave anyone waiting.

Last edited by DDD'SSCEPTILE; June 7th, 2008 at 02:14 PM.
Old June 7th, 2008, 02:09 PM
super onii chan
I think I'm here to stay

Quote:

WOOOT congrats lets have a party gosh shiny voltorb looks awsome. it dosent look like a pokeball anymore =O

and about the ditto you can clone ditto for yourself right? if you can ill be glad to give it to you
Old June 7th, 2008, 02:19 PM
DDD'SSCEPTILE

Quote:
and about the ditto you can clone ditto for yourself right? if you can ill be glad to give it to you
Actually, I've never tried to clone in D/P.

I haven't responded to that guy yet but he said he could give it to me and I could give him a credit (free Pokemon) for once I get started. Hmm, you know, that's not a bad idea. I could give him the best Shroom I can breed, and he could sell it as "ShinyElite's Breloom", lol!
Old June 7th, 2008, 02:44 PM
Tabatha

So I ended up with only 2 shiny Voltorb.....I got 2 right away then spent and hour and nothing so I just gave up 2 is good enough for me, one is calm with the ability soundproof and the other is quiet with the ability static....I'm not entirely sure which is a better nature for a voltorb I was thinking the quiet one but meh maybe you guys could let me know....as well I think I'll ev train this one but i dunno what to train it in really so I could use some help there too aswell =)
thanks <3

I'm really quite happy with the blue it's way better than the pokeball red look =)

Old June 7th, 2008, 04:08 PM
super onii chan
I think I'm here to stay

Quote:
So I ended up with only 2 shiny Voltorb.....I got 2 right away then spent and hour and nothing so I just gave up 2 is good enough for me, one is calm with the ability soundproof and the other is quiet with the ability static....I'm not entirely sure which is a better nature for a voltorb I was thinking the quiet one but meh maybe you guys could let me know....as well I think I'll ev train this one but i dunno what to train it in really so I could use some help there too aswell =)
thanks <3

I'm really quite happy with the blue it's way better than the pokeball red look =)
well i stop sring palkia because i was jealous of your blue pokeball lol (hate to admit it). so it made me pumped up about catching my own pokeradar shiny so im going hurry and try to get it . well my first poke was going be voltorb because it has a 40% rate of showing +30% for using static so thats a 70% chance it will pop up. i like those odds =D
Old June 7th, 2008, 04:27 PM
DDD'SSCEPTILE

Quote:
thanks <3

I'll gladly let you know.

Calm raises Special Defense, while lowering Attack.

Quiet raises Special Attack, while lowering Speed.

(yeah I wanted to be all fancy about it)

So, for the Calm one, you could use it, but the one with the Quiet nature gets a Sp. Attack boost, and it's already like 3rd fastest ever so I don't think a drop would hurt it that much.

Cool, my Electrode has a Calm nature too. =) It's also Soundproof!

My Electrode, as is all my other battlers, are Lv. 60

In comparison, mine's Sp. Attack (with 252 Sp. Atk EVs) is... 152. It's speed is 215. Not bad, not bad....
In comparison with my Roserade and Magnezone though... lol. Magnezone has 215 Sp. Attack, while Roserade has 223....... o_o'

She's also very fast, maybe an underrated team member. The only thing that undermines her is that she doesn't have a load of type coverage, and she's kinda frail.... Kinda. Her Sp. Defense is pretty high on it's own. I love it. =) It's my only one, too.

ANyway, for an EV spread...

Since Calm (like mine) lowers Attack, you may want to avoid going Boom with Explosion. Even though it may still do a lot of damage, it'll probably come up short many times that you'll need it, which is why my moveset is this:

Thunderbolt
Magnet Rise
Hidden Power (which is Water, thankfully, like I mentioned earlier)
Thunder Wave

I think I just maxed Sp. Attack and Speed. Or did I max Sp. Attack and then half it into the defenses.... I can't remember.

Should you use the Quiet one though...

I'd max Speed and put most in Sp. Attack and then some into Attack to boost Explosion's power (replace one of the above moves with explosion, you may want to replace Hidden Power with Explosion if the Hidden Power is bad).

Some might say that you should max attack and then put the rest in Speed and some into Special Attack, but my Electrode's purpose at the time was to be my ELectric force, so I didn't want it to go "boom". It has average Sp. Attack so it's not useless.

... Yep, there's a lot to think about. Might want to check your two Voltorbs IVs before doing anything with them though, that way you can get an even better idea which one would be best for battling with.

I gotta raise some of my other Pogeymanz, like my Lickitung, Buneary, 2nd Bronzor that has Heatproof but superior stats to the one I use; And a bunch others.

Looking for more shinies is a habit hard to break, especially when it's one that you really want. Gligar, you're next.

BTW.... I wonder where that one guy was when I was here last year? I forgot what his name was, but we sorta "raced" to get shiny Gligar, but I never tried because I lacked experience. He actually got some though, so I'd like to talk to him and see if I could garner some tips.
But going through what I did with Buneary, I could take any of them on.
Seriously.

Good luck everyone!

Last edited by DDD'SSCEPTILE; June 7th, 2008 at 04:42 PM.
Old June 7th, 2008, 06:27 PM
Tabatha

Thanks for the information DDD'SSCEPTILE, it's really helpful.....although I don't actually know how to check IV's ><

Old June 7th, 2008, 06:36 PM
super onii chan
I think I'm here to stay

Quote:
Thanks for the information DDD'SSCEPTILE, it's really helpful.....although I don't actually know how to check IV's ><
i do just tell me the nature,stats, and characteristics
Old June 7th, 2008, 06:38 PM
fearow23
You know, that guy on T.V.

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to fearow23
After a long absence from this forum, I am proud to announce two new shinies I caught!

My old ones by soft-reset are Regigigas and Rotom.

In my Firered, I finally captured Electrode by Soft-reset (in the Powerplant. MODEST NAUTRE!) and after over a year, Snorlax (Lax nature)

Not much to brag about but still, it's pretty awesome.

92% of teens have moved on to rap.
8% apparently still rock out

I guess I'm part of the 0% who can stop being such a dumb piece of crap and accept both genres of music (Credit to my good man Replay Man)

If you see any Krusty OT pokemon around, say "hello" for me will ya.

My trade thread:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=109463
Old June 7th, 2008, 06:39 PM
Tabatha

okay!

Quiet nature, Strongly defiant Likes dry food, 25/36/39/43/54
Calm nature, Often dozes off, Likes bitter food, 20/36/38/40/63

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links