Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs
Reload this Page ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old June 12th, 2008 (09:41 AM).
GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DDD'SSCEPTILE
Quote originally posted by VenomX:
You forgot my misdreavus request >_>

And no, tangela isn't a swarm pokemon, i think it was established a while ago that it wasm't a swarm pokemon.

It's on my Pearl, which is why I forgot about it. Sorry. :P I'm gonna get more pics soon.

Darn..... That's very disheartening. I wish it was... I've been waiting for a long time.
I'll probably train one of the Bunearies next... but first I gotta get Explosion.

I wanted to record a battle I had with a friend today to upload but I'm not going to be able to because my Dad likes to come home 5 hours early from his job... :(
Old June 12th, 2008 (10:06 AM).
A figment of your imgination

Awwww DDD those pictures are all soooooo cute!

I was chaining a mareep yesterday and the chain broke at 35 QQ then I had to go to work and didn`t get home till late sooooo no shiny mareep for me yet. Today my swarm is krabby... I found an okay patch of grass to chain but it`s really not the best...... i`m going to try to get a shiny before I go to work today though!

Old June 12th, 2008 (10:49 AM). Edited June 12th, 2008 by super onii chan.
I think I'm here to stay

Nature: Adamant
Quote originally posted by Tabatha:
Awwww DDD those pictures are all soooooo cute!

I was chaining a mareep yesterday and the chain broke at 35 QQ then I had to go to work and didn`t get home till late sooooo no shiny mareep for me yet. Today my swarm is krabby... I found an okay patch of grass to chain but it`s really not the best...... i`m going to try to get a shiny before I go to work today though!
got luck! mines spoinks i see most people have a shiny one so ill attempt to get it also just be "normal" the shinies aren't that special to me though.

edit: woot im chaing houndoom! it just happen to be there

edit2: OMG IT KNOWS ROAR! crap now im scared =[ if i get a shiny should i use my only masterball?
Old June 12th, 2008 (10:50 AM). Edited June 12th, 2008 by It's Just Fufu.
Nostalgia is powerful.

Nature: Hasty
There's a great place to chain for Krabby right under Route 227, I think...or rather, go to the Resort Area, north through the sandstorm area (Route 226, I believe), then go west. It's a very large patch, and it's where I got my shiny Krabby.

Good luck, everyone, and nice pictures, DDD! I love shiny Totodile. I'm actually breeding for one on my Diamond version.

Edit: Here are my new targets.

FireRed :: Zapdos
LeafGreen :: Moltres
Ruby :: Beldum
Sapphire :: Jirachi
Diamond :: Totodile/Darkrai
Pearl :: Turtwig

Credit goes to ShinysHunters Forum for the image.

Old June 12th, 2008 (01:00 PM).

Quote originally posted by shinyhunter011:
edit2: OMG IT KNOWS ROAR! crap now im scared =[ if i get a shiny should i use my only masterball?
I know just about everything around every situation like this, so here's my advice:

For chaining this one, obviously have a Pokemon that's high-level and can kill them in one hit. Roar makes it go last, so Speed shouldn't be a matter but you should be faster than it anyway.

If you get to 30, 40, whatever and shiny grass comes up.... What to do, what to do. It'll just Roar you away if you try to weaken it, so the best bet is the best Pokemon for catching Pokemon: Breloom with Spore + False Swipe.
It's still very risky.
Why? Spore, Swipe, HOUNDOOM woke up! HOUNDOOM used ROAR!

So what's the best thing we can do?
Counter Roar with a Pokemon Ability.

It's called Suction Cups, and it makes it to where the Pokemon can't be Roar-ed away.
3 Pokemon have this ability.
Lileep
Cradily
and.... Octillery.

Octillery is slow but powerful, and it type-trumps, so you could use it as your chainer for Houndoom and other Pokemon that know Roar or Whirlwind.

Let's see, what can Octillery do to help you?
Surf and other high PP attacks will help if you decide to also use it as a chainer.

Shiny Houndoom appeared!

What to do:

Well, don't hit it..... CONSTRICT it. You could try that move out on a previous nonshiny Houndoom to see how much damage it'll do. You can use it to chisel away at Houndoom's health.
Octillery doesn't learn a sleep move but it does learn Thunder Wave so if you want to use that you can.

Suction Cups are Roar B Gon.

You can also use a similar strategy with Cradily if you'd prefer to use that one. :)

Good luck!

As for me, I'm trying to get RID of those Giveaway shinies I got a while back. The Mew is so hacked, I can't even trade it on GTS and on PBR it shows up as a bad egg -- we will NOT have this on my game!
I'll probably end up releasing it. As for the others, Chimchar's been GTS'd, but it's the only one so far. I'm going to see if my friend Anthony wants Turtwig but it's the same thing as Chimchar.

I'm wanting to keep Squirtle, Cyndaquil and Steelix but I'm gonna send them down the road too.

I got Explosion which is how I found out about the bad egg Mew, I was uploading my Pokemon to PBR and it said I had a Pokemon switched to Bad Egg which made me go "WTF!?" and then I checked and sure enough it was the Mew, I didn't save PBR, I just turned it off.

I don't think I'll be going to any more Giveaways.

Even if the person was sincere and was only collecting them to begin with.
Old June 12th, 2008 (01:25 PM).
Yeah-Hah!

I own shinies- charizard manectric(traded from ruby) squirtle FIRE RED
SAlemnce drapion charmander dialga!! piplup torretra zapdos DIAMOND
Old June 12th, 2008 (03:26 PM).
I think I'm here to stay

well im not so sure i should chain pokemon yet i dont have a shiny hunting "team". i might get a paris because it can know false swipe and spore, or is Breloom better? and thx for the advice DDD
to bad the chain ended at 32 going try again. i got roared away because latios atk missed =/
Old June 12th, 2008 (03:50 PM).

well im not so sure i should chain pokemon yet i dont have a shiny hunting "team". i might get a paris because it can know false swipe and spore, or is Breloom better? and thx for the advice DDD ^^
to bad the chain ended at 32 going try again. i got roared away because latios atk missed =/
"Team", huh.... Never thought about it that way...

Well, anyway, Paras/Parasect or Shroomish/Breloom are about the same. You have to breed False Swipe onto Shroomish though (or get Hayley's one from Ranch.. lol!).

I like both, I love mushrooms. I think I prefer Breloom though, it just looks more mobile. (And I'm still thinking about breeding me a shiny Shroomish! Not ready yet though, have a few things to do)

As for "team"... well....
That's really interesting, I gotta say.

On Diamond, my shiny hunting team would probably be...

1. My Lucario. I've mentioned it before: All attacks hit hard and all have high PP. And it's Lv. 96 now. It'll be cool when it gets to Lv. 100, it'll make stuff go by even faster without the "gained ### exp. points!"
I also do the attacks in a certain way (Aura Sphere, Dark Pulse, Dragon Pulse), it's brought me a lot of luck, if I do it any other way I tend to screw up.

2. Synchronizer(s). Abras. Lots of them. Obtained in FireRed's Game Corner. I'll have at least one with me.

3. Sleeper. Sometimes I bring a special Pokemon with me, like Bronzong, Venomoth, or that Grovyle I raised for catching Buneary. I used to use a Butterfree, but someone gladly just gave me a Breloom with False Swipe and Spore. O.o

So that leaves me with 3 open spots for viewing the shinies I catch during chaining to get a taste of what I have.
I used to bring a FLYer with me but I box it for the sake of having more party space.

As for Pearl, same strategy, different Pokemon, 90% lack of resources....

Chainer is Ninetails, Sleeper is Ninetails, Synchros are whatever Abras I've traded over, and I also have a Lv. 25 Haunter for Night Shade when I go back to get more Misdreavus since I still only have one.

Good luck
Old June 12th, 2008 (03:58 PM).
I think I'm here to stay

Quote originally posted by DDD'SSCEPTILE:
"Team", huh.... Never thought about it that way...

Well, anyway, Paras/Parasect or Shroomish/Breloom are about the same. You have to breed False Swipe onto Shroomish though (or get Hayley's one from Ranch.. lol!).

I like both, I love mushrooms. I think I prefer Breloom though, it just looks more mobile. (And I'm still thinking about breeding me a shiny Shroomish! Not ready yet though, have a few things to do)

As for "team"... well....
That's really interesting, I gotta say.

On Diamond, my shiny hunting team would probably be...

1. My Lucario. I've mentioned it before: All attacks hit hard and all have high PP. And it's Lv. 96 now. It'll be cool when it gets to Lv. 100, it'll make stuff go by even faster without the "gained ### exp. points!"
I also do the attacks in a certain way (Aura Sphere, Dark Pulse, Dragon Pulse), it's brought me a lot of luck, if I do it any other way I tend to screw up.

2. Synchronizer(s). Abras. Lots of them. Obtained in FireRed's Game Corner. I'll have at least one with me.

3. Sleeper. Sometimes I bring a special Pokemon with me, like Bronzong, Venomoth, or that Grovyle I raised for catching Buneary. I used to use a Butterfree, but someone gladly just gave me a Breloom with False Swipe and Spore. O.o

So that leaves me with 3 open spots for viewing the shinies I catch during chaining to get a taste of what I have.
I used to bring a FLYer with me but I box it for the sake of having more party space.

As for Pearl, same strategy, different Pokemon, 90% lack of resources....

Chainer is Ninetails, Sleeper is Ninetails, Synchros are whatever Abras I've traded over, and I also have a Lv. 25 Haunter for Night Shade when I go back to get more Misdreavus since I still only have one.

Good luck
i dont have alot of synchros pokemon, i was thinking about chaining ralts and just cating every pokemon that comes in my way and relese the once with "Trace" or soemthing like that

can you breed me a Shroomish because i need a spore/FS pokemon and i have no way of obtaining either pokes
Old June 12th, 2008 (04:03 PM).

i dont have alot of synchros pokemon, i was thinking about chaining ralts and just cating every pokemon that comes in my way and relese the once with "Trace" or soemthing like that

can you breed me a Shroomish because i need a spore/FS pokemon ^^ and i have no way of obtaining either pokes
It might be easier to chain Abra in the long haul because Ralts are pretty rare but either will do. XD

Sure, I'll conjur up you one in minutes.
Old June 12th, 2008 (04:04 PM).
I think I'm here to stay

Quote originally posted by DDD'SSCEPTILE:
It might be easier to chain Abra in the long haul because Ralts are pretty rare but either will do. XD

Sure, I'll conjur up you one in minutes.
abras never appear in my game for some odd reasond and thx alot let me know when your on wifi i still have your fc from before . well i just found a ralts might catch like 25 of them
Old June 12th, 2008 (04:09 PM). Edited June 12th, 2008 by It's Just Fufu.
Nostalgia is powerful.

Gosh, DDD, describing that shiny Houndoom encounter really makes me want to chain on Pearl...but I'll have to get a shiny Turtwig, first!

But I can't find my Pearl version...

I'm almost at Moltres on LeafGreen. Once I get to it, I try my hardest not to miss a day of soft resetting. The more and more I think about having a shiny Moltres, the more I want it!

Old June 12th, 2008 (04:12 PM).
I think I'm here to stay

Quote originally posted by $ChuteOut$:
Gosh, DDD, describing that shiny Houndoom encounter really makes me want to chain on Pearl...but I'll have to get a shiny Turtwig, first!

But I can't find my Pearl version...

I'm almost at Moltres on Pearl. Once I get to it, I try my hardest not to miss a day of soft resetting. The more and more I think about having a shiny Moltres, the more I want it!
on pearl? i thought you can only get it for LG and FR unless you said pearl to many times it put it there also
Old June 12th, 2008 (04:18 PM).
Nostalgia is powerful.

Yes, I meant LeafGreen! I guess I just want a shiny Turtwig so badly, I have been SRing for a while now...

Old June 12th, 2008 (04:38 PM).
I think I'm here to stay

well it seems people get sr pokemon pretty quickly maybe i might get lucky, i might sr rotom or heatran(if im not lazy to go to that that mountain ~.~)
Old June 13th, 2008 (01:28 AM).
Three Days Grace - Break

Nature: Quiet
I don't have a shiny team really. I need to start getting syncro abra's. I don't have any at the minute. I have nearly got the full set of ditto natures. I only have a few left to get. After I get them all I will breed every nature of syncro. I use Syther as my False swiper. It isn't the best but it gets the job done. I might train up a Lucario. I have a Palcity Lucario but don't want to waste that one.

I might breed a shroomish with false swipe sometime but for now I am going to carry on with me Regigigas and Torchic SRing.
Old June 13th, 2008 (04:32 AM). Edited June 13th, 2008 by LordxDanswich.
Lord of the Sammich!

Nature: Docile
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LordxDanswich
OMG SHINY REGISTEEL!!!

I'll update with picture when i've caught it.

EDIT: I managed to catch it in a timer ball after it breaking out of about 7 ultraballs and 3 timerballs.

So i started the battle with registeel by sending out gardevoir and using hypnosis, then switching to gyarados and using dragon rage twice to get it's health into the yellow, after the second dragon rage it woke up and used metal claw so i switched back to garde and attempted to use hypnosis again which missed of course, i tried hynonsis again and it hit this time, so i started alternating between hitting it with hypnosis and throwing ultraballs, after 7 ultraballs i started alternating between ultraballs and timer balls, and the third timer ball caught it.

It has a hardy nature, which is neutral my shinies always seem to have neutral or crappy natures, not that i'm overly bothered because it's a shiny at the end of the day :D

Major apologies about the size of the pics

Kindle Road
Current Location/Target
Credit to Pokesho for the Ponyta image
Old June 13th, 2008 (05:20 AM).
I think I'm here to stay

congrats dude

im guessing next target is regice? *read on serebii* good luck with that to
Old June 13th, 2008 (05:24 AM).
Lord of the Sammich!

Nature: Docile
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LordxDanswich
congrats dude

im guessing next target is regice? *read on serebii* good luck with that to
Most likely yes but not immediately, i always take a small break between soft reset targets, i'd go mad otherwise

Kindle Road
Current Location/Target
Credit to Pokesho for the Ponyta image
Old June 13th, 2008 (07:44 AM).
Dispose Of The Betrayer....

Quote originally posted by VenomX:
Most likely yes but not immediately, i always take a small break between soft reset targets, i'd go mad otherwise
im inspired now im currently at 5 resets for giratina congrats Venom! then my next target will be regigigas good luck and congrats to everyone elses shinies

" As The Lightless Oblivion Devours You, Drown In The Ever-Blooming Darkness.."
Credit Goes To Aurafire For The Banner

Old June 13th, 2008 (12:31 PM).
Pokémom
Silver Tier

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via ICQ to Akidatheart Send a message via AIM to Akidatheart Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Akidatheart Send a message via Yahoo to Akidatheart
Congrats VenomX, very nice! DDD, I got Pokemon Ranch too, but have yet to really do anything with it, I think it's so cool that you are putting your shinies in it! They look so cute. I wonder if there is any chance of the Pokes you get from Ranch being shiny? And if so, would adding shinies to the Ranch increase your chances in some way? It would be nice, but probably not.. It's sort of neat that your mew was shown as a bad egg, that kind of gives me a way to check my traded shinies in D&P to see if any are legit. (doubtful) I haven't even moved any of my caught shinies to D&P yet, they are all still in R/S/Em games.
Kim :D

Congrats to everyone who has gotten new shinies, I'm jealous of all you guys with your chains, I must admit to being chain impaired.. My longest chain is like 14.

I'm a member of the Shiny Hunters Club

Do the Shiny Dance!
Old June 13th, 2008 (01:57 PM). Edited June 13th, 2008 by DDD'SSCEPTILE.

Quote originally posted by Akidatheart:
It's sort of neat that your mew was shown as a bad egg, that kind of gives me a way to check my traded shinies in D&P to see if any are legit. (doubtful) I haven't even moved any of my caught shinies to D&P yet, they are all still in R/S/Em games.
Kim :D
Indeed, but it's not foolproof. I'm 99% sure that the Chimchar and Turtwig are cheated, because they're both Adamant nature, both from the same person, and both were hatched in the same day. :P They showed up normally on PBR, although I didn't try to do anything else with them.

But at least you can check with PBR sometimes and see if it finds anything.
(Thanks for the congrats btw)
Don't worry, I was quite "chain impaired" when I started too. Just keep trying and you'll get better at it. It still requires a lot of luck too.

As for me, I just kinda... piddled today. I traded a lot last night helping my friend finish her PokeDex and I also got Pokemon Ranch for her.
I'm still kinda bummed that Tangela isn't a Swarmer.... Now I dunno if I want to check the Swarms each and every day, I have just about all of them that I want...
So that means the fat has been cut and it's back to Misdreavus and Gligar.

But first.... I'd like to train my Buneary. I'm trying to come up with a good name for it.. Something sweet, something after a name of a food, because the colors remind me of a candy I saw when I was a little kid. I kinda forgot the name of it, I never got to try it. I'll look around on Wikipedia to see if I can find it. It was like some sort of cookie... yet I don't think it was a cookie at all.

I decided upon naming the Lickilicky "Slim", it's fitting because it's funny and it looks ridiculous enough as it is.

edit:

Oh my god.

@_@;

I just learned that Switcheroo is a freaking EGG MOVE. That means my Buneary won't be able to learn it.

Which means the whole strategy, purpose, everything, is out the window and down the well and out towards China somewhere then space.....

Thankfully I still have Healing Wish and I see that it learns Baton Pass and Agility, so that's not that bad.....

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww..........
:disappoin
Old June 14th, 2008 (10:43 AM).
Pokemon Breeder

Hiya. I just happened to come across this Shiny Hunters club. I own Pokemon Fire Red, Pokemon Diamond, and Pokemon Pearl, even though I'm not using it. I love searching for shinies, though I've never found anything, yet. I'd love to join. ^3^

Anyways, I have a shiny Nidoran male who my boyfriend named Kagayaku. I'm looking for a shiny female now.
But it was completely accidental. I was looking for one for my ingame team on Fire Red (I'm right before Mt. Coronet) and saw a female Nidoran. I was going to kill it, until I saw the shiny stars appear. I fell out of my chair almost. XD I panicked and just threw a Pokeball at it with full HP and caught it. ._. My boyfriend was all: "ZOMG SHINY NIDORAN" so he named it Kagayaku.

As soon as I get the National Dex completed on Diamond, I'll transfer Kagayaku to their and EV train him. He's got awesome IV's, and he has an adamant nature, I think.

~Shinies~

PC Family:
None. 3:
Old June 14th, 2008 (11:26 AM). Edited June 14th, 2008 by DDD'SSCEPTILE.

Awesome, welcome. I think you have to get approved first but I'll welcome you anyway, new members are great.

I found a place that gives me all the percentages of all the Pokemon on a route.....

I'm sorta chaining Cacturne right now, but....

I can't see a darn thing. I'm doing my best by manipulating things from the outside world: Tilting the screen and trying to make the grass more visible.

I wish I could just use Defog.... I didn't realize I wouldn't be able to see this much...

edit: Broke at 11 because I ran into a patch that I didn't see.
Ironically, it was Canea.
I'm not gonna try again until tonight, where they're out in force again, and then I'm just gonna try and wing it..
Old June 14th, 2008 (12:40 PM).
Dispose Of The Betrayer....

sandstorms are nearly impossible to chain in same with the blizzard. curse you giratina turn silver already!! im over 100 resets already, so its a good start

" As The Lightless Oblivion Devours You, Drown In The Ever-Blooming Darkness.."
Credit Goes To Aurafire For The Banner

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links