Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 8th, 2008 (08:48 PM).
DDD'SSCEPTILE
GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DDD'SSCEPTILE
Quote originally posted by $ChuteOut$:
What does getting "Rick Roll'd" mean, and why is it bad? And yeah, I did get tricked, but now that I look back on it, DDD has never posted like that when he got a new shiny, so I don't know why I was so easily fooled...

Haven't been shiny hunting at all lately. Super Smash Bros. Brawl has taken over my life.
Exactly. :D
I think I've fooled everyone I've tried that on so far.
There's nothing really bad about it, except the humiliation that you just got tricked by what is becoming one of the oldest (and by golly most effective) tricks in the book. Some people absolutely hate that song cuz it's cheesy as all getout.

As for Brawl, I feel your "pain". =) Been there, but since my internetz can't handle it, it's sorta lost it's purpose.

As for me, I have 11 shiny Sneasel now. Lemme try and get all this in a row:
2 in the box that were previously caught
2 with me, that were on 37th and 39th-40th.
And then 7 more that I've caught so far, some very risky places to say the least (edges).

Only 13 more to go lol.

They're tearing my Breloom apart. I False Swipe first now to save Spore PP (I'm going to eventually run out of course), and they attack back. After so many, it gets rough. I've had to use about 3 Super Repels. I guess that's what I get for using the Gyarados to train it with. =P
Man I hope one of them is Jolly/31, and if not, one of the upcoming ones has it. I have a lot of luck with Speed 31 IVs... So maybe I'll be able to pull it off.
Old July 9th, 2008 (12:20 AM).
.Vaporeon
eshkient

Nature: Relaxed
Wow..
You have a nice ammount there man.
Old July 9th, 2008 (04:14 AM).
Kishu Inu
Pokemon Breeder

Quote originally posted by DDD'SSCEPTILE:

As for me, I have 11 shiny Sneasel now. Lemme try and get all this in a row:
2 in the box that were previously caught
2 with me, that were on 37th and 39th-40th.
And then 7 more that I've caught so far, some very risky places to say the least (edges).

Only 13 more to go lol.

They're tearing my Breloom apart. I False Swipe first now to save Spore PP (I'm going to eventually run out of course), and they attack back. After so many, it gets rough. I've had to use about 3 Super Repels. I guess that's what I get for using the Gyarados to train it with. =P
Man I hope one of them is Jolly/31, and if not, one of the upcoming ones has it. I have a lot of luck with Speed 31 IVs... So maybe I'll be able to pull it off.
11 shiny Sneasel? Wow. I'm horrible at chaining, so I don't have one chained shiny. Though I'm working on Shinx, I need to get enough money for a bunch of Max Repels.

Bleh. So fighting those old people near... I think Veilstone? Gets me 7k each time I beat their chatot and something else. I have 50k so far, I want at least 600 Super Repels, just in case.
And a lot of ultra balls, so this could take awhile. I think it might be a better idea to get a sleeping/false swiping Pokemon trained first. I'll look into that. |D

~Shinies~

PC Family:
None. 3:
Old July 9th, 2008 (05:11 AM).
Matty101
Trainer

DDD, great job on getting 13 S. Sneasel! I'd laugh pretty hard if more than one of the Sneasel you caught have Jolly/31 :D

As for me, haven't had much time lately for SRing and it's getting quite repetitive. For some reason, I'm craving a Shiny Ponyta/Rapidash and Sandslash. I'll probably go do some ol' fashioned hunting on Fire Red.

Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!
Old July 9th, 2008 (12:48 PM).
TheShinySeeker
Beginning Trainer

Holy cow... I went chaining for Abras so i can get a Kadabra to put in my Ranch. So at chain 9, I see a shiny patch. Great! Lucky me! An early shiny. At chain 11, another shiny patch. Now i'm really excited. Then at chain 14 another one! I couldn't beleive it. 3 shiny's under 15 in about 5-8 minutes.

I think Lady Luck has a crush on me... lol

Click to join the new Shiny Pokemon forums!
FC: 4081 2708 7420
Old July 9th, 2008 (01:28 PM).
The Graceful Assassin
Dispose Of The Betrayer....

ok i recently found my sapphire so i can begin SR on that one. my ID numbers are 17683 they look pretty lucky i guess, hopefully ill have better luck on this version. As of right now im going to focus on mudkip i have always wanted it shiny.

" As The Lightless Oblivion Devours You, Drown In The Ever-Blooming Darkness.."
Credit Goes To Aurafire For The Banner

Old July 9th, 2008 (02:13 PM).
super onii chan
I think I'm here to stay

Nature: Adamant
im hatching like 100 eggs from iv breeding again. i really want a shiny egg, and if i do it most likely will have great ivs =D
Old July 9th, 2008 (02:48 PM). Edited July 9th, 2008 by DDD'SSCEPTILE.
DDD'SSCEPTILE

Quote originally posted by TheShinySeeker:
Holy cow... I went chaining for Abras so i can get a Kadabra to put in my Ranch. So at chain 9, I see a shiny patch. Great! Lucky me! An early shiny. At chain 11, another shiny patch. Now i'm really excited. Then at chain 14 another one! I couldn't beleive it. 3 shiny's under 15 in about 5-8 minutes.

I think Lady Luck has a crush on me... lol
One right after another, huh? That's the way I like'm!

It just happened to me. I got the 18th/19th shiny Sneasel (I lost count. >_>' ), and then right after the battle there was another shiny patch, so I got 19th/20th.
It hasn't happened since Bronzor did it way back when.

Regardless I have it calculated that once my chain is at 60 I'll have 24....

.... but who says I have to stop? I may just go. Go, go, go.

The chain bumped out Buneary on the Radar App and has taken over Bronzor in the 2nd spot. But... I doubt it'll take over Nincada's 82 chain reign.

Lol, good luck everyone!! Woo hoo!

P.S. the old couple is south of Hearthome City. I get them confused too. The guy has a Chatot, the woman has a Roselia. I know because I have to do it a a lot because like right now I've used almost 400 Max Repels again. No problem though!!

edit:
Chain ends prematurely at 21. Why? My eyes fooled me. Not because of a shiny patch. It was because I thought I saw 4 patches moving, then made the noob mistake of moving up.

Then I thought I had a Jolly/31 Sneasel, but I do not.

I may still have one, I haven't taken them online, but things are looking like the impossible.

Why the freak are all of them "Capable of taking hits" anyway??! It's always got "great HP" things.

Oh well................................

At least I have 21 anyway. Good selection.

Just wish one was "Alert to sounds" though............

edit:
I'm pretty sure my best one.... is a girl... Jolly.... with this IV spread:

22/24/30/20/21/27
Speed last.

I don't have any 31s in Speed, and she's not the one with the strongest attack (one beats her I think), but that's ok.
Old July 9th, 2008 (07:12 PM).
The Graceful Assassin

well 27 is pretty close better than an IV of 10 like my shiny staraptor. Nothing new for me on my shiny hunts...

Old July 9th, 2008 (08:07 PM).
MetalMario
Donator Tier 4

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MetalMario
Quote originally posted by DDD'SSCEPTILE:
Yeah... get a friend online and do a Lv. 100 All battle with them with your Weedle. Write it's stats down... then enter them into this calculator...

I do it by myself because I have two DSes and both Diamond and Pearl.

Congrats, btw..
So do I, but I do IV battles with others anyway just to show off my shinies! :D

Quote originally posted by $ChuteOut$:
Simple: they were hacked.

And what would make you think shininess is indepent of natures but not IVs? The PV determines shininess, as well as everything else about a Pokemon.
It's an honest and easy mistake. Shininess was taken from the IVs in the 2nd-gen. (and IVs are separate from the PV, BTW)

Quote originally posted by TheShinySeeker:
May I join the Shiny Hunters club? Looks fun! I <33333 Chaining for Shinies. I am actually quite addicted to it...=P Caught me 4 Shiny Nosepasses yesterday night before bed. My next swarm is Doduo but it's hard to get it to 40 since Route 201's patch of grass is soooo small...-.-
Yes, of course! Lovin' the avatar! Yeah, they're not the actual textures, but it's still pretty neat. Maybe some time or another, I'll see if I can extract the actual textures and animation for you. Just remember to keep some variety in your collection and get the occasional soft reset shiny.

I've been resetting Rotom a bit more lately. I'm still only at a pathetic 53 SRs. Maybe I'll go train some of my new shinies. I've got like a whole box of radar shinies I haven't even looked at yet! :O

I'd rather be a comma than a full stop

osu!
stream
github
latest shiny: Boldore (Oct.30/11)
Old July 10th, 2008 (09:05 AM). Edited July 10th, 2008 by Groudon95.
Groudon95
Beginning Trainer

are you still looking for members? I have quite a few shinies =D Iunno if ya wanna know them but here: shiny ho-oh and lugia, sharpedo evolved from shiny carvanher, zubat and gyrados.

Groudon the level 82 Groudon!

[br]Click here to feed me a Rare Candy![br]Get your own at Pokeplushies!

Completed the pokedex on pokemon ruby and fire red O:
Old July 10th, 2008 (11:29 AM).
TheShinySeeker
Beginning Trainer

Thanks MetalMario! I couldn't find the actual animation anywhere so I decided to make it myself. I think it looks better then the original...lol

I am planning on soft reseting for a shiny Drifloon or a cool Pokemon I get in my Honey Trees. I am going camping this weekend so during the car ride and before bed and in the morning i'll just SR. I hope I get one <33

Click to join the new Shiny Pokemon forums!
FC: 4081 2708 7420
Old July 10th, 2008 (11:53 AM).
super onii chan
I think I'm here to stay

Quote originally posted by Groudon95:
are you still looking for members? I have quite a few shinies =D Iunno if ya wanna know them but here: shiny ho-oh and lugia, sharpedo evolved from shiny carvanher, zubat and gyrados.
sorry for asking but...did you catch all of them?
Old July 10th, 2008 (11:57 AM).
MetalMario
Donator Tier 4

Quote originally posted by Groudon95:
Shiny Ho-oh and Lugia are among the most difficult shinies to capture legitimately, right in the same league with the runners. (For Lugia, you must save before facing Lugia, capture, then purify it, then SR if not shiny. For Ho-oh, you must play through the ENTIRE Colosseum and Mt. Battle to conduct one 'soft reset'. Definitely the hardest.) Therefore, I would like an explanation for these two and preferably pictures.

I'm trying to sort through my box of radar shinies and pick the best ones. I've narrowed my Mareep choices down to these three, all Quiet:

10/28/ 8/13/23/ 9, Base 50 HP:Ice
21/17/28/12/ 0/14, Base 35 HP:Fight
10/25/25/ 5/ 9/17, Base 30 HP:Dragon

I'm thinking the second one. Base-50 HP:Ice isn't much to be desired anyway, and I want to carry Power Gem besides.

I haven't even IV battled with my Sneasels or Delibirds yet. I've got such a backlog of untrained shinies. And I discovered that I botched the EVs on my Seviper. I should just take a break from hunting and train all the guys I've got.

I also now have more than a box worth of radar extras. Time to hit Wi-fi and pawn some of them off, I guess.

osu!
stream
github
Old July 10th, 2008 (12:32 PM).
Matty101
Trainer

MM, I'd say to go with the first Mareep. Whether or not it has a 50HP:Ice or not, it still has generally better stats than the second one. Also, that 0 in special defense isn't going to help Ampharos (should you choose to evolve it). Just my thoughts and 2 cents :D

I've come to a decision...a decision that will make or break me. I am...SRing...for....

PORYGON!

I'm hoping for a nice IV spread with maxed out Ivs in Special Attack and Attack but I'd be hoping too hard

Old July 10th, 2008 (12:41 PM).
super onii chan
I think I'm here to stay

i say the 2nd. it has good hp and sp.atk, but horrible sp.def. next number 3
Old July 10th, 2008 (04:21 PM). Edited July 10th, 2008 by 41victory.
41victory
>.> Nobody saw anything <.<

Hey guys! Today my swarm was Pidgey so I decided to go and chain em and after a few hours and getting the chain to 40...

WHOO!!!

My chain is still going so yeah I'm hoping I'll get more, I post IV's later

Edit: at 41 I got me another one! lol! The patches were bad so I reset and wham... I feel lucky.
Old July 10th, 2008 (04:40 PM).
Matty101
Trainer

Well I just got my hands on Pearl and even though I have to share my DS with my younger brother, I'll still put lotsa time into it :D

SOO EXCITED! Can't wait to start using the PokeRadar!

Old July 10th, 2008 (04:58 PM).
The Graceful Assassin

Quote originally posted by Matty101:
Well I just got my hands on Pearl and even though I have to share my DS with my younger brother, I'll still put lotsa time into it :D

SOO EXCITED! Can't wait to start using the PokeRadar!
trust me not as easy as it looks ( for me anyway), my swarm today was doduo im not to interested in its shiny form though a long time ago i found a shiny doduo in leafgreen. so still resetting for mudkip.

Old July 10th, 2008 (06:05 PM).
DDD'SSCEPTILE

Congratulations everyone!

I'm gonna kinda do what MM is gonna do. Take a break and train my shinies. First, I do believe I'm going to train the Sneasel because I can use it before the other two Ice shinies. It can also be a stand-in for my Tyranitar.

As for EVs, I've decided to go 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed. Why? 3 reasons: Sceptile, Alakazam, and Dugtrio. I will be exactly one point ahead of them. Wahaha! That's enough for me. I love competitive, but I hardly participate in heavy battling so it doesn't really matter, except for thrashing my friends. I won't tie other Weavile if they're 31/Jolly/Max, but the above three are good enough for me.

Next I'll probably train either of the other ice shinies, but I, too, am quite backordered on stock. The first one to come to mind is Shinx. I dunno how I'm gonna get that to work. It's so limited. I guess Spark, Crunch, Thunder Wave, and something else.
Then there's my Gluttony Zigzagoon, that Buneary, and then there's the "can't do crap" ones of Corsola, Dunsparce, Snubbull, and to a lesser extent, Nosepass.

Meanwhile during all of this I'll be waiting for Makuhita to Swarm. If it doesn't, then so be it. Elekid will be 29th.

Quote originally posted by The Graceful Assassin:
trust me not as easy as it looks ( for me anyway), my swarm today was doduo im not to interested in its shiny form though a long time ago i found a shiny doduo in leafgreen. so still resetting for mudkip.
Exactly. Just the other day someone commented on my Buneary video that they didn't have any problems chaining unil they met Buneary, where they felt it was almost impossible.
The Swarms may be easier, but you still have to be lucky and have a lot of personal experience in order to work it, and even so, you will still screw up on occasion. But don't let this dishearten you.

Good luck everyone!
Old July 11th, 2008 (08:05 AM).
super onii chan
I think I'm here to stay

Well my breaks down. Todays going be the first time i chain in like a month. The swarm today is phanpy
Old July 11th, 2008 (08:35 AM).
Razer302
Three Days Grace - Break

Nature: Quiet
Congratz on shiny Pidgy.

I just caught a shiny Buizel. On a chain of 40. Still in the chain now so hoping to catch more. Was lucky to keep the chain because the shiny patch was right in the corner of where I was chaining.

Took this on my phone.

Will carry on with the chain till it breaks then go for a geodude.
Old July 11th, 2008 (09:13 AM).
Matty101
Trainer

Grats on the Shiny Buizel Razer! And good luck shiny hunter with Phanpy if that's who you're pursuing.

Update: Still have no badges on Pearl but a strong Prinplup by my side :D

Old July 11th, 2008 (12:41 PM).
MetalMario
Donator Tier 4

I totally don't believe it's possible to lose a chain in a shiny patch. I've entered so many shiny patches on edges and whatnot and always kept my chains.

I'm EVing shiny Sneasel to max Speed and Attack. The one I'm training only has a 21-IV in Speed, so I can't hit that magic 373 Speed.

I have another Sneasel with a higher Speed IV of 28, but it's a female. I MUST use a male in order to recreate my former shiny team (yes, I'm picky like that), so I can't use this one. DDD, if a 28 Speed IV's good enough, you can have this one. I'll even nickname her for you! Her other IVs are also like 20s where it counts.

osu!
stream
github
Old July 11th, 2008 (06:33 PM).
Stronkadonk
:^)

Nature: Lonely
Well, I've been doing some resets for Uxie, I'm over 8,500, so does anyone know what the next "percentile" is? I remember MM saying somethin' bout it... I'm also doin some Registeel resets because I forgot Pearl in the car. And I remember something about preset values... What do these values apply to?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links