The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 22nd, 2008, 08:47 PM
The Graceful Assassin
Dispose Of The Betrayer....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDD'SSCEPTILE View Post
Haven't you heard of dinner? Squadelah, we're off!

I've been trying to battle this guy who uses stuff he got off of the GTS, all legends, mostly all shiny, probably mostly all hacked.

It suspiciously disconnects when I'm winning or on the verge. My Pokemon pwn his, even if they're actually uber (Staraptor's Return took off like 2 thirds of his shiny Ho-oh's health..).

I give up on that. He can play someone else.
DDD i love your links they are so random, my favorite is Obamasnow so far lol.

But anyway just started levelling up some of my shinys and my shiny turtwig i got back in march hit lv 100 today. A major accomplishment for me anyway. my resets for mudkip have been slowing down because the DS i reset on ( my sis' DS) the hinge broke detaching one side of the topscreen and the topscreen no longer displays color. just a blank white screen that can give you a headache. ill probably start resetting on my DS now GL all.

" As The Lightless Oblivion Devours You, Drown In The Ever-Blooming Darkness.."
Credit Goes To Aurafire For The Banner

Old July 23rd, 2008, 09:41 AM
DDD'SSCEPTILE
GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DDD'SSCEPTILE
I'm going to attempt something today.

It's not Gligar, and I doubt I'll be able to really do it, but if I pull it off, it'll still be an awesome 30th specie. It doesn't really matter.

Today, the Mansion Pokemon just happened to be Porygon. Those things are downright awesome shiny. (If they're virtual, can't we just make out own skins for it? lol)

But at a 5% encounter rate, it's gonna be just like Eevee, and worse than Gligar. it may take me like 17 minutes just to encounter the first one to start the chain.
I'm gonna give it a shot though. It'd be pretty epic if I could pull it off, I've been wanting a new special sweeper Pokemon.

I was gonna go for Timid nature, with all that Sp. Attack it would seem like overkill to go with Modest since speed is 80% everything in this game.

Good luck everyone, I hope my hiatus hasn't watered down my experience.
Old July 23rd, 2008, 09:51 AM
Matty101
Trainer

Good luck DDD! I love shiny Porygon too :D

Nothing special to update. Haven't played pkmn recently.

Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!
Old July 23rd, 2008, 10:32 AM
pokebryce
devoted shiny hunter

Hi, my name is bryce and i was a member about a year or two ago
I was wondering if i could join back up, i have a shiny sceptile and i am currently SRing for a shiny Rayquaza.

Member of shiny hunters club

Currently Hunting

Last edited by pokebryce; July 23rd, 2008 at 10:38 AM.
Old July 23rd, 2008, 10:50 AM
DDD'SSCEPTILE

Thanks Matty101, I'll need all of it I can get.
It took me 20+ minutes just to find one Porygon to start the chain. I never encountered yesterday's Daily Pokemon either.

I got 4 after a while and went to a patch I thought might've been safe, but I wasn't sure, so it capitalized on that and the chain broke so now I'm back to sifting through the Staravias.

pokebryce, I don't see why you couldn't rejoin, unless you were kicked out but I don't think that would've happened. But then again I can't remember.
Good luck on your Rayquaza, my friends have easily found their shiny versions early on.

edit:
This is frustrating, to say the least. At least when I was attempting to chain Gligars, I'd occasionally find a Gligar to start the chain.
It's been like 15 minutes again and still no Porygon....

edit: I found out the other Pokemon. It's Castform. I think I'll pass and wait another HOUR until I run into it or Porygon again. :(

edit:
K what about reverse psych I just found a Castform in common grass, which reminds me of my revelation of how I was finding Eevees in common grass too.
Either way I'm taking a break from this, this is nuts.

edit: Ok... here's how things stack up. I was able to find Porygon in the common grass at exactly an hour I found the first one the first time, lol.
I've eased it to about 6 or 7 in the chain and I have 10,000 steps. At first I wasn't serious about this, but I think I'm actually going to try pretty hard to get it. What's funny is I was just talking about Porygon last night with my friend anthony, showing him the shiny sprites. He seemingly has helped me with luck before, so maybe it'll work again this time.

I need to take another break though, got a headache, but things are looking optimistic if I just keep to those "flawless" grass patches.

Maybe, just maybe, during all of this, I'll get lucky AGAIN and see the shiny grass before 40. That would rock and I would be fine with that since this is such a hard Pokemon to take down.
I just hope I don't get a SEIZEDUR

edit 1 AM:

K.... well, I felt a little rushed. I wasn't going at my own pace because this guy wanted to battle me, and I wanted to battle him too. So while I waited for him and my friend to battle ( they still haven't, at this rate they will at approximately the end of time), I got to 14 and was going to the 15th but a Kricketune broke it. Bittersweet. Now I'm ready to kick some grass, and go for Gligar soon.

edit: 7-24-08, 8:46 PM:
In fact we never did, my "friend" never battled the guy who was wanting a challenge. I got pissed and left for bed.

I'm thinking about resetting for Dratini though, it's kinda like Magikarp/Gyarados in the way it gets Dragon Dance, plus I'll be able to have Punches and stuff.
It should go by faster than expected since I can get like 3 in about 10 seconds, check'm, reset, get 3 more, check, reset, etc.
And since it does get Dragon Dance, nature won't matter as much as my others.

Last edited by DDD'SSCEPTILE; July 24th, 2008 at 04:50 PM.
Old July 24th, 2008, 06:35 PM
Triple-H
WrestleMania 25 4/5/09

hey a shiny hunters club!!!! can i join?

i already have a shiny Altaria, Flygon, and Milotic.

and im trying to get a shiny metagross next.
Old July 24th, 2008, 07:21 PM
41victory
>.> Nobody saw anything <.<

Hey Guys still no new shinys, mainly cuz I have to read a summer book Due The 1st.... sigh
Im gonna start chaining shuckle 2morrow cuz it rocks
Yeah thats it.
Old July 24th, 2008, 08:41 PM
Tabatha
A figment of your imgination

Hey everyone!
Nothing to update on since I've been sooooo busy working it's crazy some girl went on a vacation this week and I got stuck with ALL her shifts! but hopefully I'll have some time to get some chaining done this weekend!!!
anyways gratz to anyone who got new shinies and welcome to all the new (and returning) members

Old July 25th, 2008, 04:27 AM
Le Krome
Hi iM sPeNcEr

Nature: Lonely
GL with that chaining. Man someone needs to get a shiny around here, but I'd rather breed for an awesome team than SR. Kinda ironic considering meh "name"... I'll try and do some Uxie resets today, but I will most likely do some the day we have a few storms. GL to all. I don't know why I didn't put anything exciting in this post. I am pathetic.
Old July 25th, 2008, 07:50 AM
The Graceful Assassin
Dispose Of The Betrayer....

i have been quite busy lately so shiny hunting has not been my main priority, but im starting to pick up on it. hopefully mudkip will come sometime this year. GL all

" As The Lightless Oblivion Devours You, Drown In The Ever-Blooming Darkness.."
Credit Goes To Aurafire For The Banner

Old July 25th, 2008, 09:20 AM
Tabatha
A figment of your imgination

Seems like everyone is busy ><
but anyways I just had to come tell you guys about my dream......
I was living in the pokemon world but I seemed to be an eevee breeder so I was hatching all these eevee eggs....like a box full. So about the first half of the eevee's were normal and they just ran around while I hatched more looking cute. But then suddenly 2 eggs hatched at once and when I watched the little eevee's crawl out they were both shiny! So I get super excited but I still have eggs that need to hatch so I continue on working hatch a normal eevee then 5 eggs hatch at once and 2 of those eggs have shiny ones in them.... anyways all I remember is getting excited about hatching having 4 shiny eevee's then my dog comes into my room and wakes me up when he jumps on my bed to cuddle with me =(

SO anyways I think if I get a chance like during my break I'm going to try to hatch some of the eevee eggs I have in my diamond game because wow am I ever feeling lucky! I'll let you guys know if I get any shiny ones

Old July 25th, 2008, 10:05 AM
Dragonking_ShinyElite
Trainer

Just an update here in shiny news. I found a shiny Mudkip yesterday which means one 3rd gen starter left. Good luck on your hunts.
and since: Camerupt, Luxray, Torkoal, Noctowl, Shuckle, Metagross, Palkia, Torterra, Stantler, Mismagius, Honchkrow, Latios, Arcanine, Groudon, Altaria, Nidoking, Flareon, Umbreon, Espeon, Victreebel, Sceptile, Swampert, Floatzel, Tyranitar, Regigigas, Rhyperior, Blaziken, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Feraligatr, Armaldo, Cradily, Rotom, Dialga, Swablu, and Dusknoir
Credit to MetalMario and Yami for the SHC card
click to help them grow
Old July 25th, 2008, 10:41 AM
Le Krome
Hi iM sPeNcEr

Hey congratz on mudkip and OMG on the two eevee's! i'm currently postponing uxie hunt to train an ice punch sneasel. the very first egg i hatched was MODEST. well whatever. good luck all.
Old July 25th, 2008, 01:38 PM
DDD'SSCEPTILE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple-H View Post

I've got to.... can't resist....

ARE YOU READY TO PLAY TEH GAME!?!?!?

*ahem*

I'm getting pretty serious about SRing Dratini now. It'd be such a great addition and I don't like Garchomp or Salamence so I'll play 3rd fiddle.

It also gives me something to do when I can't chain, like right now.

I have an epic battle with someone last night, it was pretty rough. Battle Tower hax much?

Part 1
Part 2

I made some lame moves, I'm not good at doubles and my strategies failed.
Old July 25th, 2008, 01:54 PM
Le Krome
Hi iM sPeNcEr

that guy was pretty good unless he DID hack. otherwise HACKING SUCKS. I hope I can get a shiny sneasel from an egg soon, although i'm not trying. that would probably mess up my uxie hunt since i'm using my pearl for this...
Old July 25th, 2008, 05:09 PM
DDD'SSCEPTILE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRkid View Post
that guy was pretty good unless he DID hack. otherwise HACKING SUCKS. I hope I can get a shiny sneasel from an egg soon, although i'm not trying. that would probably mess up my uxie hunt since i'm using my pearl for this...
Actually it's a she.
(Not to mention there is a fatal flaw in the team. Earthquake is super effective against everything but Latias, so Garchomp or anything with Earthquake and something that type trumps dragon or Psychic could end up making a clean sweep)

I doubt they hacked (I've been conversing with them for a little while now) but they probably got some of that off of the GTS.

I hate the GTS. That's all the people I fight have is stuff from the GTS. Raise some of your own Pokemon, yo. (Which means I'm actually doing pretty good seeing as 75% of the GTS Pokemon are probably hacked lol)

If I saw correctly, Latias came out of a pink ball. The only pink ball is a Heal Ball, which can only be found in Diamond/Pearl, in which Latias cannot be caught....

ERROR!

I'll have to review my tapes and get back with y'all. lol

No luck on Dratini yet but I think I can do this. I may switch to FR2 though since I haven't gotten a shiny on there yet (FR1 has yielded Machop and Scyther).

Good luck everyone
Old July 25th, 2008, 06:30 PM
Le Krome
Hi iM sPeNcEr

Oh well I forgot it said Jesse. My bad. Wellll, that latias MUST be hacked. Whatever. on dratini!
Old July 25th, 2008, 11:20 PM
MetalMario
Donator Tier 4

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MetalMario
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman6 View Post
Can I join.I've been wanting to hunt shiny ever since i got my shiny raticate(my first shiny pokemon.)and as soon as i heard theres a club for people who hunt shiny pokemon i've wanted to join.Is there any way i could join this club?Please tell me if it's possible.
Why certainly! Welcome to t3h SHC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokebryce View Post
Hi, my name is bryce and i was a member about a year or two ago
I was wondering if i could join back up, i have a shiny sceptile and i am currently SRing for a shiny Rayquaza.
Wow, it's nice to see another old timer make a return. And of course, memberships are for life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple-H View Post

Welcome to the club.

I have been playing through Sapphire bigtime, and have just landed in Sootopolis and am proceeding to explore and clean out the Great Hoenn Sea. (Uggh, Land of a Million Tentacools, they should call it. Random encounters are making exploring the place such a pain. But alas, where there are a million Tentacool, statistically, there are around 122 shinies, so it's not all bad, is it?

Anyway, I'm going to be coming up on Kyogre very shortly, just as soon as I've cleared out the Seafloor Cavern. I'm thinking of going for a shiny one simply because I'll probably not get another chance. This seems to be a "lucky" save file, since it gave me shiny Treecko (Dominic, my trusted Sceptile now) very quickly, shortly following the appearance of two shiny Pooches, so who knows what awaits? Now then, shiny Kyogre doesn't really interest me, being a DPWS and having that boring purple all over. Still, being my only chance and seeing how I already have a very good competitive Kyogre, I'll give it a go at least for a little bit.

My main target following completion of Sapphire will be Beldum. There are so many other SR targets on this game, it's crazy! I can already reset on Anorith (will do eventually), Castform (bleh), or Kecleon (even more bleh).

I've saved on an infinite swarm of Absol on Pearl, but my chains keep breaking on 100% perfect patches, "unpatterned grass," so I don't know what's up. In around 6 or so chains, the furthest I've made is 35 or thereabouts.

GL to everyone for stuff, and that's some crazy battle, DDD! I have to get on wi-fi with a full shiny team, but I have to train them first! (You'll hate me. My shiny team would include a Mild shiny Sceptile! xP)

I'd rather be a comma than a full stop

osu!
stream
github
latest shiny: Boldore (Oct.30/11)
Old July 26th, 2008, 12:49 AM
pokebryce
devoted shiny hunter

no luck on rayquaza, i have been doing non stop SRing for the last few days
Hopefully sometime soon.

Member of shiny hunters club

Currently Hunting

Old July 26th, 2008, 08:07 AM
Razer302
Three Days Grace - Break

Nature: Quiet
I just got back from my holiday. I didn't do any hunting I was always to busy. Will get some done before I get my PS this week. After that I won't be around much.
Old July 26th, 2008, 08:12 AM
Le Krome
Hi iM sPeNcEr

dang, how many shiny treecko-grovyle-sceptile do you have MM? nothing here...
Old July 26th, 2008, 09:17 AM
It's Just Fufu
Nostalgia is powerful.

Nature: Hasty
SHINY MOLTRESSSSSSS

OH MY GOD

EDIT: Guys.

Zabi was right.

I was next.

I JUST CAUGHT SHINY MOLTRES

Ok, so I was in the chat at AllisBrawl (a competitive Super Smash Bros. Brawl website), soft resetting for a shiny Moltres. A few minutes earlier, I had just watched a video of a hacked shiny Moltres scrolling across the screen, so that I could familiarize myself with how it looks while it's scrolling across the screen. So after I watched the vid, I close the tab, and go back to the AllisBrawl chat. Soon after afterwards, I change tabs to the Shiny Hunters Club down at PokeCommunity, and while I'm changing tabs, I look down at my black DS Lite.

And a shiny Moltres was scrolling across the screen.

I was completely dazed for a moment. I COULD NOT BELIEVE IT AT ALL. I honestly believed that I wasn't going to get another SR'd shiny ever.

I tried to catch it in a Great Ball...I got it down to pretty low red health, AND I got it asleep, and I still couldn't catch it in a Great or Timer Ball. So I just resorted to a Master Ball (thanks to the advice of my cousin).

It has a Lax nature. Here are its stats

HP: 158
Attack: 120
Defense: 110
SAtk: 145
SDef: 86
Speed: 110

And the possible IVs, according to Metalkid's Calculator

Moltres - #146 (Lax)
HP: 16 - 17
Att: 30 - 31
Def: 10 - 11
SpA: 30 - 31
SpD: 12 - 13
Speed: 30 - 31

*_*

I love my shiny Moltres.

Now on to shiny Zapdos on FR.

I don't know who I should hunt for on LG, now...it's a toss up between Kabuto or Aerodactyl...or maybe I will double hunt for Zapdos!

This is a great feeling.

Credit goes to ShinysHunters Forum for the image.

Last edited by It's Just Fufu; July 26th, 2008 at 09:51 AM. Reason: The backstory
Old July 26th, 2008, 10:54 AM
41victory

Hey guys!
No luck on shuckle... still trying.
Congrats on the Moltres there.
Gah.. I really dont have any time to chain/SR this week cuz of a book report I should be doing...
Darn you Gulliver's Travels!
Old July 26th, 2008, 12:45 PM
Le Krome
Hi iM sPeNcEr

Congratz 41V! OMG that's and awesome shiny! Nothing as to shinies for me... GL all!
Old July 26th, 2008, 12:57 PM
41victory

No I didnt get the moltres. I congraduated him for getting it.
My cousin found a shiny moltres on my game and he turned it off. that ******** Didnt want me to get it.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links