The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 7th, 2008, 08:38 AM
Le Krome
Hi iM sPeNcEr

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDD'SSCEPTILE View Post
It is now time.

Everything that I know of is done and complete.

Now is the time.

To walk down that road that leads me to Gligar.

It is officially 8-7-08 that I start this hunt. Nothing will stop me, no matter how many times I will fail.
I will have my Synchro, Lucario, Lemonlime and Oz with me. And HomeBreloom too.

For although I'll almost have a packed party, if I do get to 40, I will not stop. How many I will get, I do not know. But this is one of the Pokemon I have wanted for a long, long time. (It also tires me that people offer me the shinies I want. I want to get them myself. That way I know they're legit, and I just don't like using other people's Pokemon, period.)

I came back to chronicle my journey to Gligar. And now it begins.

When I finish this one, I will be over the hill. I will embark on the last half of my Pokemon journey, to collect up 30 more different species of shiny. Of those, I will make sure Charmander is one of them since I've worked so hard for it in the past. I want to try fishing for a Magikarp, and try hatching Shroomish. I'm eventually going to get that Dratini too, so it's not going to be all chaining.

But when it is, I'm going to make the most out of it. I have 3 Pokemon already on the list when I finish Gligar. Since it will be a whole new box of Pokemon, I want the first one to be a good one. And it will be. It just happens to be a sentimental favorite too.
But I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

So, once more, good luck everyone. Continue to reach for the stars.
Nice Essay. Also nice YouTube Poop Video of Yoshi and Mario. No new shinies here but hopefully I will get one by the end of next week... GL all!
Old August 7th, 2008, 10:16 AM
DDD'SSCEPTILE
GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DDD'SSCEPTILE
Yeah... and so it begins. I had the chain from last night at 14 and 11,000 steps and was going for the 15th when it broke. It was a Machop. >.>

I'm doing this above Oreburgh although I haven't had much success finding them here....

*sigh*
I better get used to this.....

edit:

wtf? I killed the machop and the radar started again afterwards
I apparently lost the chain beforehand.... like with Krabby....

And that's NO GOOD..

edit:

Ok so i finally found another and was just walking around, like just 5 Repels into it, and all of a sudden the music fades and the chain breaks.
I didn't go out of radar range.... I was just walking back and forth like normal.
What the heck is going on here?!?!

Last edited by DDD'SSCEPTILE; August 7th, 2008 at 11:29 AM.
Old August 7th, 2008, 10:43 AM
41victory
>.> Nobody saw anything <.<

Hey People nothing new, chain is still at 1 lol, so no shiny bronzor yet.
I am aslo sidetracked by making a UU team.
Soo... thats it.
Gl on gligar there. *Swiftly runs off to create his UU team*
Old August 7th, 2008, 12:25 PM
Lady Demoonica Darkmoon
Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner

Nature: Adamant
The site ate my last full post, augh. Well to make a long post short I caught a new SHINY! A female Swellow on emerald.

Demoonica's Fan Fiction
Co-Owner of the Shiny Hunters Club
Old August 7th, 2008, 02:37 PM
Le Krome
Hi iM sPeNcEr

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDD'SSCEPTILE View Post
Yeah... and so it begins. I had the chain from last night at 14 and 11,000 steps and was going for the 15th when it broke. It was a Machop. >.>

I'm doing this above Oreburgh although I haven't had much success finding them here....

*sigh*
I better get used to this.....

edit:

wtf? I killed the machop and the radar started again afterwards
I apparently lost the chain beforehand.... like with Krabby....

And that's NO GOOD..

edit:

Ok so i finally found another and was just walking around, like just 5 Repels into it, and all of a sudden the music fades and the chain breaks.
I didn't go out of radar range.... I was just walking back and forth like normal.
What the heck is going on here?!?!
Dude that happened to me above Oreburgh with Geodude. I luckily got a shiny one beforehand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Demoonica Darkmoon View Post
The site ate my last full post, augh. Well to make a long post short I caught a new SHINY! A female Swellow on emerald.
Congratz! I can only get traded/hacked/pokeradar shinies, and I've only got the first and last, and hate the 2nd. GL all! Specially with that dang gligar thing!
Old August 7th, 2008, 02:54 PM
Lady Demoonica Darkmoon
Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRkid View Post
Congratz! I can only get traded/hacked/pokeradar shinies, and I've only got the first and last, and hate the 2nd. GL all! Specially with that dang gligar thing!
Well, I wasn't trying for it, it was just random, like a lot of the shines I find. Right now I'm trying to get a shiny Bronzor in Diamond, and Absol are swarming for the first time in ages on my Pearl.

Demoonica's Fan Fiction
Co-Owner of the Shiny Hunters Club
Old August 7th, 2008, 04:46 PM
rapid whalelord
<--She's a ribbon queen...38!

Send a message via AIM to rapid whalelord Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to rapid whalelord
i'm gonna rest for combee 4 now but i'll still be active though.dunno what the reset is but ithink it's around 250. yeah good news for people in england darkrai is coming so it seems i'll be getting one but any ideas if i can SR if possible??thanks and gd luk to all.

Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!
Get your own at Pokeplushies!

Click here to feed me a Digicandy!
Old August 7th, 2008, 09:05 PM
Le Krome
Hi iM sPeNcEr

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapid whalelord View Post
i'm gonna rest for combee 4 now but i'll still be active though.dunno what the reset is but ithink it's around 250. yeah good news for people in england darkrai is coming so it seems i'll be getting one but any ideas if i can SR if possible??thanks and gd luk to all.
No, sorry, you can only change the nature and IV's, but it has a lock to prevent shinyness. GL all!
Old August 7th, 2008, 10:23 PM
MetalMario
Donator Tier 4

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MetalMario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Demoonica Darkmoon View Post
Wow, that's the first new 3rd-gen random encounter shiny in how long?

I'm playing through Sapphire and Leaf Green, so I just might be next! :O

I caught just one shiny Nosepass. Wrong nature and ability. I got fed up with all my chains breaking, and bored with chaining the Yukon Gold Potato Easter Island Statues, so I let the swarm end.

Almost ready to start SRing Kyogre. I caught a good Lapras, but I still need to trade it. Now where's that other GBA?

I am also, for real, going to train some of those shinies I caught and said I'd train but never did. First in line is Mareep, followed by a nonshiny Elekid.

I'd rather be a comma than a full stop

osu!
stream
github
latest shiny: Boldore (Oct.30/11)
Old August 8th, 2008, 06:59 AM
rapid whalelord
<--She's a ribbon queen...38!

Send a message via AIM to rapid whalelord Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to rapid whalelord
thx SRkid but does it affect the chance of shinyness if i Receive event rather than just a being given one. cause i don't it will.

Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!

Click here to feed me a Digicandy!
Old August 8th, 2008, 09:03 AM
Le Krome
Hi iM sPeNcEr

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapid whalelord View Post
thx SRkid but does it affect the chance of shinyness if i Receive event rather than just a being given one. cause i don't it will.
No, sorry. The only time you can get any event shiny is if you get really lucky, such as Ranger Manaphy (which is a different story) or if you go out to the place and catch it, such as Newmoon Island for Darkrai. The Event is rumored to happen over Wi-Fi some time after we get Platinum.
Old August 8th, 2008, 11:03 AM
DDD'SSCEPTILE

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMario View Post
Wow, that's the first new 3rd-gen random encounter shiny in how long?

I'm playing through Sapphire and Leaf Green, so I just might be next! :O

I caught just one shiny Nosepass. Wrong nature and ability. I got fed up with all my chains breaking, and bored with chaining the Yukon Gold Potato Easter Island Statues, so I let the swarm end.

Almost ready to start SRing Kyogre. I caught a good Lapras, but I still need to trade it. Now where's that other GBA?

I am also, for real, going to train some of those shinies I caught and said I'd train but never did. First in line is Mareep, followed by a nonshiny Elekid.
Why so serious?

I have a Gligar chain at 11. I think I do better if I just go at it normally. If it breaks it breaks. If it does this time and it's because of an armpit-farting Machop, I'm leaving for the route south of Veilstone....

I haven't been able to play much, been busy. I ordered one of these for my birthday. I'll have it at the beginning of next week. It's really early but I figured that if it was 1 day shipping they'd take better care of it..... and I hope UPS brings it. >_>
It left a freaking huge hole in my wallet but when I get birthday money it'll compensate. (It's on the 26th btw if you were wondering).
I love the colors. Never really tried Halo 3 though or any of the games. I'm looking forward more to Street Fighter 4 and NASCAR '09, among whatever Sonic games I can get my hands on. I plan to get Sonic 360 although people claim it's horrible. I love a lot of the Sonic games people hate, so... whatever.

Pokemon will still be one of my top priorities.

Congratulations MM and Ms. Demoonica. It's nice to see you again. I've had many long posts get screwed over. I try to remember to copy everything before I hit that submit button, but of course it strikes when I forget to copy.

edit:
(Mario Party reference, preferably MP2, since one time I got 3 hidden blocks in one game)

You found a Hidden Block!

The Hidden Block contained a Shiny Gligar at a chain of 19!

I'm... ecstatic. I haven't walked into it yet.

Whether or not I'm able to ever get to 40.. When I started this particular chain I felt I could do it. Something felt like it made it easier. I just did what I done in the past.
And then the shiny grass has appeared, and now I'm going to catch my first Shiny Gligar.

edit:
And thus the Shiny Gligar was caught. It's a girl, but I dont care. It has a Jolly nature/likes to run, but I don't care.
Saved, chain continues at 20.
I needed a break anyway lol.

YES!!!!!! =D

Last edited by DDD'SSCEPTILE; August 8th, 2008 at 12:26 PM.
Old August 8th, 2008, 02:10 PM
TheShinySeeker
Beginning Trainer

Gratz on the Gligar DDD! I have been gone camping for the past week, but still played a bit of Pokemon. Got me 6 shiny Voltorbs, 1 shiny Flaffy (on chain 20 without a shiny patch...), 1 shiny Skarmory and 2 shiny Shinx. So I am quite happy.

I am planning on going for a shiny sunkern. Yes, sunkern with that patch of grass barely 3x3. I am going to a sunkern chain to 1 and just reset the Pokeradar until I get one. I think it will take less long then soft reseting. I am currently at 1300 radar resets. The good thing about this is, I can stop my chain, get more repels and then come back to get a 1 sunkern chain. No big deal, then I continue reseting.

Good luck on the shinies everyone!

Click to join the new Shiny Pokemon forums!
FC: 4081 2708 7420
Old August 8th, 2008, 08:54 PM
MetalMario
Donator Tier 4

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MetalMario
Good job, DDD, on capturing the Dark Knight shiny Gligar!

I am proceeding to EV G. Handel, my shiny Mareep. (Like the Baroque music composer. I find the name really cute on it for some reason. "All we, like, sheep, have go-o-o-o-one a-stray!")

I've also set up to start SRing on Kyogre. The weak link is probably Sceptile. It usually takes around six turns to get Kyogre to 1HP, and in that time, I'm prone to taking multiple Ice Beams. I can usually do it if I sacrifice my Camerupt to use a Max Revive. Lapras, on the other hand, is unstoppable. No later than I remembered Body Slam's parahax, did I notice that my Lapras knows Safeguard! It also seems that two X Accuracies are required to guarantee a hit from Sing.

I'd rather be a comma than a full stop

osu!
stream
github
latest shiny: Boldore (Oct.30/11)
Old August 8th, 2008, 09:22 PM
DDD'SSCEPTILE

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMario View Post
Good job, DDD, on capturing the Dark Knight shiny Gligar!

I am proceeding to EV G. Handel, my shiny Mareep. (Like the Baroque music composer. I find the name really cute on it for some reason. :) "All we, like, sheep, have go-o-o-o-one a-stray!")

I've also set up to start SRing on Kyogre. The weak link is probably Sceptile. It usually takes around six turns to get Kyogre to 1HP, and in that time, I'm prone to taking multiple Ice Beams. I can usually do it if I sacrifice my Camerupt to use a Max Revive. Lapras, on the other hand, is unstoppable. No later than I remembered Body Slam's parahax, did I notice that my Lapras knows Safeguard! :) It also seems that two X Accuracies are required to guarantee a hit from Sing.
Ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight? (The original from the '90s is still one of my favorite movies)

One thing I've noticed is how we plan these things out. O.o'

The chain continues.. I think I'm up to 26 - 28, can't remember. I'm keeping a check on it though to make sure I don't mysteriously lose it.
The Gligar I have is an interesting one. Jolly. Likes to run. Female. If it's the only one I get I'm naming it Rayne, as opposed to my male name I was going to give one. My preferred nature is Impish however.

But this will work.

It even has Sand Veil. =)

Good luck everyone.... Just a little more....
Old August 9th, 2008, 11:25 AM
It's Just Fufu
Nostalgia is powerful.

Nature: Hasty
'Gratz on the shiny Gligar, DDD.

That's all I have to say.

Credit goes to ShinysHunters Forum for the image.

Old August 9th, 2008, 12:20 PM
Le Krome
Hi iM sPeNcEr

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Just Fufu View Post
'Gratz on the shiny Gligar, DDD.

That's all I have to say.
Lol me to. Good luck with more gligar and the kyogre!
Old August 9th, 2008, 01:20 PM
41victory

Nothing new here.
grats on that gligar there.
... yeah...
Old August 9th, 2008, 02:18 PM
DDD'SSCEPTILE

Thanks everyone....

If I go for Gligar again, it'll be later. I want to get some new ones on my list first.

The Gligar I got has amazing IVs though.... At least for a shiny

2/26/22/30/22/30

And yet it still gets scoffed at by those elitist snobs. Oh well. I'll make great use of it.

All I ever play is noobs anyway. =/ Another one went down earlier. He claimed to beat my friend dialga2008 4 times and such.

d'08 said that the guy told him that some of his Pokemon were hacked or something.

Either way I cleaned his clock in orderly fashion. I didn't use my Bronzong right away. I should have. So now I know not to stray away from my strategy. The pointed stones are too important.

I took video and pictures of my turtle today. I plan to release it tomorrow... I can't take care of him properly during the winter. It'll be heartbreaking; I've enjoyed feeding him/her and letting it watch me.... and feeding it. I hand-fed it earlier and took video. I'm going to throw that together later when I'm uploading the battle I just mentioned. The guy's name on YouTube is TristanVassallo. He seems to be not a bad person, and I only know that he has hacked before through dialga2008, so I'm not holding anything against him. My EV trained Pokemon made short work of him.

I'll probably "make short work" of a bunch more people, and then get started on my 31st shiny with perfect timing: It only comes out at night.
Old August 9th, 2008, 04:25 PM
The Graceful Assassin
Dispose Of The Betrayer....

well once again i have nothing new, im still on my quest for a PC HO-OH. And im half way there, but have not attained any new shinies. Congrats to everybody elses new shinies, i have been thinking what to hunt once i get my HO-OH if i can SR for a shiny one i might just do that. Happy hunting to all!

EDIT: i have now officially returned to shiny hunting after finally achieving my HO-OH. i figure i am going to start things off again by chaining something simple, perhaps glameow.

" As The Lightless Oblivion Devours You, Drown In The Ever-Blooming Darkness.."
Credit Goes To Aurafire For The Banner

Last edited by The Graceful Assassin; August 10th, 2008 at 06:33 PM.
Old August 11th, 2008, 07:59 AM
Le Krome
Hi iM sPeNcEr

NOthing new here, but I'm going back to uxie, done about 200 more resets. GL all.
Old August 11th, 2008, 12:55 PM
TheShinySeeker
Beginning Trainer

Hey guys. I hav been hunting Snorunts lately. Got my cahin to 38 yesterday to have it break at 39 -.- I was so mad, I could of ripped my DS apart. But anyways, I got it back to 40 after that and i'm at 10 shinies so far. I have a timid sychronizer, so i'm hopping to have a great female one for a good Frosslass. Good luck everyone!

Click to join the new Shiny Pokemon forums!
FC: 4081 2708 7420
Old August 12th, 2008, 09:37 AM
Tabatha
A figment of your imgination

Hey guys!! I'm still alive
haven't really had anything to post because I haven't played pokemon in forever...no time really... although the other day I did chain some dunsparce....thought I'd get lucky since I was watching a dunsparce pokemon episode but naw no luck. anyways I have the afternoon off today and then a nice drive out to ikea to buy stuff for my new apartment (yay moving out of my parents!! well I did move out last year too but I lived in res...this year I finally have my own place) anyways so I should have a chance to chain then. Hopefully I'll have something exciting to tell you

Old August 13th, 2008, 01:54 AM
41victory

Hey peoples! Today I Just woke up and I couldnt get back to sleep so I started chaining Cubone cuz it was the swarm pokemon, and I <3 em! lol
I have the chain up to fourty and I got me a Adamant synch, im prepared. Im hoping to get more than 1 shiny outta this chain. Ill post results later.
Old August 13th, 2008, 10:38 AM
Le Krome
Hi iM sPeNcEr

Good luck with cubone! I've been hammering down on Uxie and now I'm at about 12,000 resets. The damn thing just won't show up. Good luck all!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links