The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 3rd, 2005, 04:14 PM
PazzKat
Back and looking 4 smiles!

Send a message via AIM to PazzKat Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to PazzKat Send a message via Yahoo to PazzKat
Shinies appear randomly, the "odds" of it, are rare, numbers do not matter because it is all a matter of luck and chance. The numbers "1/8612" or w/e really say that for every 8612 pokemon, you will find one shiny. Just keep attentive to details. At the beginning of every shiny pokemon battle, including ones against other trainers, a line of stars will appear, do loop a on the pokemon, and fly off the screen in a line. The pokemon will also be slightly discolored, seperating them against other pokemon ,which is the only difference. I will edit my post with pictures of examples for differences in colors between pokemon norms and pokemon shinies. Shinies may appear anywhere that pokemon do. Including legendaries.

Obvious differences:
(Normal)(Shiny)
(Normal)(Shiny)
(Normal)(Shiny)

Not so obvious differences:
(Normal)(Shiny)
(Normal)(Shiny)
(Normal)(Shiny)

Those are practically the differences of shinies though. You get a different colored pokemon and 'bragging' rights, if you have friends that like pokemon. Welcome to the Shiny Hunters Club. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Remember, there aren't stupid questions, just other people who think they are.

You may see all shiny sprites from http://upc.pkmn.co.uk/pictures/sapphire/sapphire.html . All of my pictures are from there.
Attached Files
File Type: wav Ff8_aste.wav‎ (169.2 KB, 3 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: mp3 mp2_ing_hive_theme.mp3‎ (1.45 MB, 6 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Last edited by PazzKat; January 3rd, 2005 at 04:46 PM.
Old January 3rd, 2005, 10:18 PM
ryan
Elite Four

Send a message via AIM to ryan Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ryan Send a message via Yahoo to ryan
no, i didn't go to the rose parade... *grrrrrr* cal got ripped off and didn't go... so i went to the stupid holiday bowl... (addition to pazzkat's description of shinies... they also make a noise when they appear a bling noise)
Old January 4th, 2005, 11:02 AM
Tentachu
Movie Making Expert

Well, I wanna join the Shiny Hunters Club, but I haven't caught any shinies!
I am constantly looking and looking and no dice

Can I still join, though? Or do you have to catch a shiny to join?

That cave above Blackthorn City sure has changed...

SIGN THE G/S REMAKE PETITION HERE!

Watch my ROM Hack videos http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=WeirdEars

In case you didn't realize, I support ShinyGold!
Old January 4th, 2005, 12:19 PM
HereticSteel
Ain't got nothin on my Kirlia

Nature: Bashful
I hadnt caught one when i joined so i dont think you have to catch 0ne to join, but I cant approve your joinings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PazzKat
Shinies appear randomly, the "odds" of it, are rare, numbers do not matter because it is all a matter of luck and chance. The numbers "1/8612" or w/e really say that for every 8612 pokemon, you will find one shiny. Just keep attentive to details. At the beginning of every shiny pokemon battle, including ones against other trainers, a line of stars will appear, do loop a on the pokemon, and fly off the screen in a line. The pokemon will also be slightly discolored, seperating them against other pokemon ,which is the only difference. I will edit my post with pictures of examples for differences in colors between pokemon norms and pokemon shinies. Shinies may appear anywhere that pokemon do. Including legendaries.

Obvious differences:
(Normal)(Shiny)
(Normal)(Shiny)
(Normal)(Shiny)

Not so obvious differences:
(Normal)(Shiny)
(Normal)(Shiny)
(Normal)(Shiny)

Those are practically the differences of shinies though. You get a different colored pokemon and 'bragging' rights, if you have friends that like pokemon. Welcome to the Shiny Hunters Club. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Remember, there aren't stupid questions, just other people who think they are.
PazzKat are you sure you havent got the two paras's mixed up, im being serious!

; still no luck with charmander but i got zelda the minish cap for xmas so ive benn playing on that lately!

Ill get to making some evolving avatars soon - just like the good old days =]

75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature.

Old January 4th, 2005, 02:57 PM
ryan
Elite Four

Send a message via AIM to ryan Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ryan Send a message via Yahoo to ryan
tentachu, you can certainly join, so long as you're gonna try to find shinies. *gives new member rep*
and, danzo, pazzkat is correct with her paras'. how can you question somebody as awesome as her? *shakes head*
Old January 5th, 2005, 12:41 AM
PazzKat

Send a message via AIM to PazzKat Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to PazzKat Send a message via Yahoo to PazzKat
Ryan, I'm questioning them myself, as I did when I posted them. The evolved Parasect for the normal has a darker shell tone while the shiny has a lighter shell tone. I also remember Paras having a darker shell tone, I'll check into it.

Beat Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, 21 hours, 85% items 91% scans, replaying on hard mode, goal: 100% scans, 100% items, under 7 hours of play time.

Edit!:
Source from a different site, here's what a paras looks like, on the site.

Edit!:
I'll post the differences of the Paras and Parasect now, according to the two sites.

Taken from http://upc.pkmn.co.uk/pictures/sapphire/sapphire.html

Normal Paras and Parasect

Shiny Paras and Parasect

Taken from http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/frlg...picsshiny.html

Shiny Paras and Parasect (No comparison with normal Paras and Parasect)

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
There's the pictures, if you need any help on how to post the pictures, feel free to PM me. I've also included some little pictures, be sure to click on Kiro (I'm pretty sure that's his name) as you will get to see a little loop of him munchin out.
`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Edit!:
I just felt like I should inform you guys, that I now have over 5 hours of Metroid music. From Metroid to Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, I have most of the songs from the game, I can't think of any I do not have. It seems like no many people post here anymore, besides Ryan, SGM, the occasional new recruits and myself. Can anyone confirm if this is true? Going to bed now, chao.

Last edited by PazzKat; January 5th, 2005 at 12:58 AM.
Old January 5th, 2005, 10:37 AM
.//Fractal_Fairy.dll
The Soul Eternal

yo i am hoping to be a member

i can collect shinies and have seen a shiny groudon

can i join?

want a trainer card like the ones above? click here!

Thanks to Kenji / FLUFFY KITTEN HUGS for the trainer card.

[URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=82080"]
Old January 5th, 2005, 11:47 AM
SkinnyGreenMan
█▓▒═─┤SkinnyG reen├─═ ▒▓█

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsgh5
no, i didn't go to the rose parade... *grrrrrr* cal got ripped off and didn't go... so i went to the stupid holiday bowl...
Rose parade, holiday bowl, same dif.

Quote:
yo i am hoping to be a member

i can collect shinies and have seen a shiny groudon

can i join?
Yeah, we except anyone as a member. rsgh5 is usualy the one to let you in, so he probably will next time he is on. In the meantime, have you caught any shinies yet?

Member of the:
Old January 5th, 2005, 02:48 PM
ryan
Elite Four

you mock my pain, sgm... you are therefore kicked out of the club and replaced by omega boost. so long as omega boost can answer this question that is...
what do you as a non-american presume are common characteristics for americans? i need to know for a project i'm doing for my english class...
if anybody else has any input (even americans from other parts of the country) i need it
Old January 5th, 2005, 03:58 PM
PazzKat

I, as a higher posistion of Ryan, overrides his sentence on the bases if, and only if SGM continues his speldid work on the shiny dexes. Americans? I cannot tell you what I think of Americans, as it would force me to swear on P.C.
Old January 5th, 2005, 04:09 PM
ryan
Elite Four

good thing i don't want your opinion SO CAL... and i'm more powerful than you anwyway *flexes* i was just kidding about sgm. but i would appreciate input.
Old January 5th, 2005, 06:12 PM
supersceptile
Woot

I live in the USA, but just pretend I live in .... Russia or somewhere.
Americans have a lot of stuff right at their fingertips. Walmart, for example.
We also have freedom of speech, religion, and what we can do around our nation.
We are also the "Melting Pot"... lots of all sorts of people from all over the world.
America is almost like a hybrid of the rest of the world... we have a lot of different characteristics. And most of us talk in English.
Old January 5th, 2005, 07:14 PM
ryan
Elite Four

awesome, that makes me sound like i've got hella connections now. (i'll change your we's to they's"
Old January 6th, 2005, 02:16 AM
THIRTY-SIX
Booted out - don't be like me!

heyyy i post alot here ahh but not lately since i came back from pakistan yesterday and i would also agree with pazz bout swearing wen talkin bout american they suck (most of em ) anywho im back and it took 25 mins catching up
Old January 6th, 2005, 07:28 AM
IceKitten
Sneasel! Ice Beam!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to IceKitten
Is it me or are shinies hard to find? XD

-=You won't see me much here, now @ Gaia=-
Old January 6th, 2005, 01:30 PM
dj_jammer506
ULTIMATE NINJA MASTA

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to dj_jammer506 Send a message via Yahoo to dj_jammer506
I would Really like to join. I have been concidering joining for awhile but never have. Now that I have some shinys and am back in school I would REALLY like to join.

The Master Chocolateer
Candy Is Dandy, But Liquor Is Quicker
Old January 6th, 2005, 03:20 PM
PazzKat

dj_jammer506, surely you can join, Ryan, I'm thinking of taking a few members and making them 'my recruits'. Have an army following behind me, mwaha. Americans are:
Lazy, fat, greedy, selfish, ignorant, controversial, rogue, and vile. Americans must have everything "their way", I forget what fast food restaraunt it is, but it's slogan now is "have it your way". Anyways, this is what I think of Americans.

Edit: Welcome back Pokemunna, yes Tig, they are rather hard to catch, find actually.
Old January 6th, 2005, 04:25 PM
ryan
Elite Four

that's burger king, and what the crap do you need "recruits" for? i don't have an army or anything... your battle is with me. not with me and my people (cuz i don't even have people)
Old January 6th, 2005, 04:29 PM
PazzKat

I, PazzKat,hereby give up all of my duties and responsibilities as a founder, and reduce myself to just a normal member, Ryan is now the sole co-founder, and Aaryn, although non existant is now the sole Founder
Old January 7th, 2005, 05:23 PM
ryan
Elite Four

who, that's pretty cool. i'm in charge of the sweetest club around. we need people to keep coming to this site, i haven't seen some of the older members here in a while...
Old January 8th, 2005, 09:50 AM
PazzKat

Meh.... so slow in here... so quiet....such a lifeless feeling...not much happening..
Old January 8th, 2005, 09:54 AM
THIRTY-SIX
Booted out - don't be like me!

i dont no maybe people have stopped hunting i no i have so maybe ill get kicked out, but once i get bored of mario ds ill probably go back to hunting like in a few years or maybe when emerald comes out
Old January 8th, 2005, 03:10 PM
marillmonster2000
PC's True Blue Marill

YAY!! I GOT A NEW SHINEY!!*gets up and does the shiny dance*!!!!!!!!
It's SOOO BEATIFUL!! It's A Shroomish!! And It's Red!!! YAY!!!
I'm So Happy!!
Old January 8th, 2005, 06:17 PM
SkinnyGreenMan
█▓▒═─┤SkinnyG reen├─═ ▒▓█

Alright, were getting closer and closer to finishing the dex!

*goes to update for Shroomish and Brellom*

Member of the:
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links