Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs
Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 10th, 2009, 02:24 PM
MetalMario
Donator Tier 4

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MetalMario

Advertise here
I'm sorry to hear about your Nan, SD. Good job on the find, though.

To the best of my memory, here are my chain breaks for my current target:

All but (29) were broken on "ideal" arrangements. I've used that info to construct some new chaining rules which seem to be working brilliantly thus far. (29) broke by entering a nearby patch which I swore was somewhere else. My game hates me.

My other hunts are temporarily on hold until I've harvest shinies from this chain.

Mateus, Chr Draco: Emerald is a BAD game to SR shinies on! I can't state this enough. The odds of your game carrying a lucky ID are about 1%. This is based on the approximation that there will be around 100 unique Pokémon you'll be seeing over and over again when you SR. The odds that a shiny lies within this small a sample are about 1%.

Edit: To that list, add (12). Broken on the "Free +1" arrangement.
Don't want to see another generation drop

I'd rather be a comma than a full stop

osu!
stream
github
latest shiny: Boldore (Oct.30/11)

Last edited by MetalMario; January 10th, 2009 at 02:38 PM.
Old January 10th, 2009, 04:07 PM
Chr. Draco
Dragon Power

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMario
Mateus, Chr Draco: Emerald is a BAD game to SR shinies on! I can't state this enough. The odds of your game carrying a lucky ID are about 1%. This is based on the approximation that there will be around 100 unique Pokémon you'll be seeing over and over again when you SR. The odds that a shiny lies within this small a sample are about 1%.

Edit: To that list, add (12). Broken on the "Free +1" arrangement.
ok, I get it now, so it all depends on how lucky the person is, right?
Old January 10th, 2009, 07:49 PM
It's Just Fufu
Nostalgia is powerful.

Nature: Hasty
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMario View Post
Today is the first day of class at Uni. :) It's going to be a long trip, since the transit strike is still in effect, but I might find some time for hunting. I'll be changing pace and going after a totally different secret Pokéradar shiny. It's a badass one I've been somewhat interested in since Gen3, but it was much too hard to hunt on R/S/E.
I say you're chaining for Trapinch.

Quote:
ok, I get it now, so it all depends on how lucky the person is, right?
Everything that isn't a certainty (i.e. shiny hunting as a WHOLE) depends on how lucky the person is. This is no different.

Congrats on the new shinies.

IMPORTANT EDIT: I just wanted to let you guys that I just now obtained perhaps the one shiny that might actually make my collection unique.

That shiny is Lileep! After reading about CA getting a shiny Anorith, I said to myself "Regirock hasn't been working out for me lately. I might as well see what I can get from Rustboro." I went to the scientist guy, thinking I had a Claw Fossil waiting for me, but it turns out I gave him a Root Fossil. After doing about 20 soft resets, I began to get discouraged. On one soft reset, I stopped right as I opened the summary for my first Pokemon to watch some more of the TV show I was watching. When I looked back at my screen, I scrolled the summaries of all my Pokemon: first my shiny Scizor, then shiny Lapras, shiny Latias, shiny Venusar, then my normal Relicanth. When I scrolled down to Lileep, it was green, and it had a golden PokeDex number. You better believe that I was shocked!

I don't know what its IVs are exactly, but it does have a Gentle nature, and they're probably the same as my Groudon's IVs. I'm going to go look up some movesets for Lileep/Cradily and see what I can do with it. I still don't know if I can get a Claw Fossil, but if I can, Anorith will be my next target on Emerald. If I can't, I guess I'll just go back to soft resetting for Regirock.

I'm really quite happy with this new shiny. I haven't gotten an SR shiny since Moltres back in August or July of 2008, and Lileep is a shiny that not many others have. I remember how hard G_L hunted for hers, lol. Lileep is really a pretty shiny, too! :D :D :D I'll take a picture now with my camera phone and post it tomorrow.

Good luck, everyone.

Edit2: Since I can't provide a picture, I'll just give stats.

HP: 60
Attack: 26
Defense: 35
SAtk: 31
SDef: 44
Speed: 19
I LOVE SHINY POKEMON!

Credit goes to ShinysHunters Forum for the image.

Last edited by It's Just Fufu; January 10th, 2009 at 09:02 PM.
Old January 10th, 2009, 09:50 PM
Chr. Draco
Dragon Power

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Just Fufu View Post

Everything that isn't a certainty (i.e. shiny hunting as a WHOLE) depends on how lucky the person is. This is no different.

Congrats on the new shinies.

IMPORTANT EDIT: I just wanted to let you guys that I just now obtained perhaps the one shiny that might actually make my collection unique.

That shiny is Lileep! After reading about CA getting a shiny Anorith, I said to myself "Regirock hasn't been working out for me lately. I might as well see what I can get from Rustboro." I went to the scientist guy, thinking I had a Claw Fossil waiting for me, but it turns out I gave him a Root Fossil. After doing about 20 soft resets, I began to get discouraged. On one soft reset, I stopped right as I opened the summary for my first Pokemon to watch some more of the TV show I was watching. When I looked back at my screen, I scrolled the summaries of all my Pokemon: first my shiny Scizor, then shiny Lapras, shiny Latias, shiny Venusar, then my normal Relicanth. When I scrolled down to Lileep, it was green, and it had a golden PokeDex number. You better believe that I was shocked!

I don't know what its IVs are exactly, but it does have a Gentle nature, and they're probably the same as my Groudon's IVs. I'm going to go look up some movesets for Lileep/Cradily and see what I can do with it. I still don't know if I can get a Claw Fossil, but if I can, Anorith will be my next target on Emerald. If I can't, I guess I'll just go back to soft resetting for Regirock.

I'm really quite happy with this new shiny. I haven't gotten an SR shiny since Moltres back in August or July of 2008, and Lileep is a shiny that not many others have. I remember how hard G_L hunted for hers, lol. Lileep is really a pretty shiny, too! :D :D :D I'll take a picture now with my camera phone and post it tomorrow.

Good luck, everyone.

Edit2: Since I can't provide a picture, I'll just give stats.

HP: 60
Attack: 26
Defense: 35
SAtk: 31
SDef: 44
Speed: 19
I know that finding a shiny is based on luck, but also people say that shinies appearance depends on specific numbers and that the probabilities of finding one is less than 1%. Well, I can only guess that both factors work together. I only wanted to know how the numbers work in emerald.

Congratulations; that was interesting how you got lileep, maybe regirock is close to appear for you.

GL everyone
Old January 10th, 2009, 11:18 PM
MetalMario
Donator Tier 4

Quote:
Wot? Trapinch was an easy hunt on R/S/E. Well, in comparison to most others. I'm the guy who spent hundreds of hours, trained a Jolteon to L100, caught Pokérus and two other shinies by running around in grass looking for a shiny Seviper, remember?

Quote:
Well, the risk/reward aspect is much greater. Getting a lucky ID is super-difficult, but the reward is a lifetime of easy SRs. And good job with Lileep. Even if it's an Emerald shiny. .__. YTMND spoiled Lileep for me. Its appearance is just too suggestive of something.

Two more chains gone, at 17 and 24. I remember the most recent chain break, because it was a very unique arrangement:

Code:
#########
#########
######x##
#########
*###P####
###*#####
#*#######
#########
#########
*: Flashing grass
x: Normal grass
P: Player

Unpatterned grass. Under 13mjvr's guide, that regular grass should, if anything, enhance the odds of the others.

I should bug LoadingNOW/tsanth to look at the Pokéradar patch generation assembly. It can't be far off from the shiny patch code.

osu!
stream
github
Old January 11th, 2009, 06:07 AM
It's Just Fufu
Nostalgia is powerful.

Thank you two for the congrats!

What is a YTMND? I don't believe I remember reading about that...

And if you did all that, MM, I have NO idea what you're chaining for. Maybe it's a R/S/E Safari Zone shiny? Lol.
I LOVE SHINY POKEMON!

Old January 11th, 2009, 06:24 AM
Hikari Ven
Trainer

Congrats on the Lileep Fufu.

Well I got shiny Giratina to Lvl 100 late last night, and I am now working on Darkrai. Darkrai is at Lvl 68. When it gets to 98, I will Rare Candy it to Lvl 100(as I only have 2 xD)

I am doing a few resets for shiny Latios in Emerald. I got bored with Regirock a while back, so I'm trying my luck with Latios(I already have a shiny Torchic, 2 Electrode and Registeel), so I'd like for Latios to be my 5th Emerald shiny. SHINE for me Latios!!
Old January 11th, 2009, 06:33 AM
Mateus_
Retired Hunter.

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mateus_
I see that shing in emerald isn't easier but verry dificult =\
but now I awready have the game I'll have to try it out :\
btw got a shiny ralts today... but it was a female >.>
so I'll catch a male one (the chain didn't broke :D) and evolve it to gallade and the female one will be a glavevoir
contratz to everyone on new shinies
~Retired~

I am a member of the Shiny Hunters Club.
Old January 12th, 2009, 09:37 AM
BG pokemon freak
Has 6 Shiny pokemon ... YAY

Hello everyone ...
I officially give up on my secret hunt - Corphish on Saphire.
It has been exactly 6 months, 120 days of those months, 50 Corphishes per day ... 10 when I wake up, 20 sometime around lunch and 20 before bed ... 6000, and I am taking a break. I know this is a very low number for you guys :) You do like 12000 per month :D And I am leaving this quest for now, cuz I got bored.
+ I want to buy a new game ... DS + diamond, but I will need to save some money.
GL to all ;)
Member of the Shiny Hunters Club- The best club !!!
and
Metal Mario thanks!!! It's great
Old January 12th, 2009, 06:58 PM
Dark Steelix Lv X
Final Atomic Buster

Oh wow lol haven't been here in a while, haven't been hunting all that much due to playing games I got for christmas, especially Tatsunoko Vs Capcom. Did help that thye moved this club lol. No new shinies to report. A bunch of people over at Sppf have been getting crazy lucky with their Emerald RNGs and getting multiple shinies over the weekend. Really making me hulk out with green envy since my emerald that got me mudkip hasn't spit out another shiny, so I guess my RNG must be weaaaaak ARGH. Currently trying to SR an Electrode on it, but I have no confidence :(
~Total: 64 Latest: ~GRIMER~

+ Unown !, Skarmory, Uxie, Treecko, Torchic, Palkia, Metapod, Rotom, Voltorb, Mudkip, Darkrai, Shaymin, Azelf, Mewtwo, Electrode, Machop, Trapinch, Grimer
Credit to Yami Zidane

TARGETS:
Old January 13th, 2009, 08:58 AM
Razer302
Three Days Grace - Break

Nature: Quiet
Haven't been here in nearly a week. Been busy reading Love Hina which took me 3 days to read and I also completed The World Ends With You which was worth missing out on shiny hunting. Have a few other things to play before I get back to fully shiny hunting. I need to get my WiFi team read for the tournament I am in and I am hoping to make an all shiny one. So I am trying to breed a shiny Slowpoke with curse but if I can't I will do some normal hunting for a shiny one.

Edit: Sorry to hear about your nan. Gratz on the shiny though.
Shiny Value 275 if anyone needs it pm me
Old January 13th, 2009, 04:50 PM
Dragonking_ShinyElite
Trainer

Still SRing for Lugia hopefully it shines soon. Seeing a lot of hunting going on good luck guys.
and since: Camerupt, Luxray, Torkoal, Noctowl, Shuckle, Metagross, Palkia, Torterra, Stantler, Mismagius, Honchkrow, Latios, Arcanine, Groudon, Altaria, Nidoking, Flareon, Umbreon, Espeon, Victreebel, Sceptile, Swampert, Floatzel, Tyranitar, Regigigas, Rhyperior, Blaziken, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Feraligatr, Armaldo, Cradily, Rotom, Dialga, Swablu, and Dusknoir
Credit to MetalMario and Yami for the SHC card
click to help them grow
Old January 13th, 2009, 06:31 PM
Dark Steelix Lv X
Final Atomic Buster

Yay Finally. This morning I was continuing my efforts at getting my Emerald to spit up an RNG shiny and finally at 8:48AM I looked down and Electrode was blue!! Heh in my haste though I failed to prepare any sort of strategy to catch it, so to prevent it from explodin' I chucked the very Master Ball that was right beside it before lol. I nicknamed it 'BlueBomber' :D
Spoiler:

Weird angled No cheat device pic since it was Dark in my Room
Brave nature, RNG clone of my Mudkip :p Static though woo
Stats, IVs got to be same as mudkip, can't remember how good they were lol

Yay now I proclaim this, the Month of Emerald RNG! Heh I'm gonna try SRing for Kecleon for a while, though I won't forget my other target SNORLAX. That rotund bulk wont shine for me yet either :( good luck everyone on their hunts

+ Unown !, Skarmory, Uxie, Treecko, Torchic, Palkia, Metapod, Rotom, Voltorb, Mudkip, Darkrai, Shaymin, Azelf, Mewtwo, Electrode, Machop, Trapinch, Grimer
Credit to Yami Zidane

TARGETS:
Old January 13th, 2009, 07:04 PM
It's Just Fufu
Nostalgia is powerful.

Hey, D_S, would you like to race for Snorlax? I won't be able to hunt it yet because I'm really busy with school and basketball, but I just want to see if you're interested.
I LOVE SHINY POKEMON!

Old January 14th, 2009, 11:50 AM
DDD'SSCEPTILE
GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DDD'SSCEPTILE
Congratulations to everyone who has gotten shinies.

I need to ask a question.

I've been wanting to see if I can stir up another shiny on my first Emerald game. This is the same one that game me my shiny Metagross and Totodile (with same nature IVs etc.).

I found out that I still have an SR target on there: Lileep. And that Pokemon wouldn't mind a Quiet nature like Anorith would.

So I SR'd about 50 times last night and noticed the natures. There was like a pattern or something; I never saw any Quiet natured Lileep, which means no shiny. (Right?) [My Metagross and Totodile share Quiet nature btw]

Out of curiosity I walked around, then came back, saved, and tried somemore. Some of the natures were different but it was like I was stuck with the same natures again. It traded Adamant for Timid, and etc., but still not a single Quiet, which I consider my sweet spot for obvious reasons.

So after about 50 more SRs I decide to kill off a bit more time and go and check out all of the Pokemon I had caught with my Emerald's OT. Out of about... 120 or so Pokemon, only like 5 of them were Quiet natured. (They weren't shiny otherwise I'd be jumping for joy but that's not the point)

So I went back, saved, and started SRing again but got more of the same natures even after the time had elapsed while I was looking through the box.

How much time do I have to wait to get a new batch of numbers/Pokemon? Is this Real Time or Game Time (I.E. 188:59 hours played)

I would love to have a green Lileep and I know my Emerald can give it to me. I just don't know when.

Haven't SRed much for Latias or played much of any Pokemon for that matter, I'm taking a small break and playing my other games for a change, but I'm interested in my productive Emerald so I'd like more details on how this stuff works.
Does Emerald have like a set number of numbers it generates or something? I'm confused...
Old January 14th, 2009, 01:15 PM
Mateus_
Retired Hunter.

lol... I got the male shiny ralts... but forgot to save ¬¬
now chaining again to see if I can be more atentious >.<
~Retired~

Old January 14th, 2009, 04:30 PM
It's Just Fufu
Nostalgia is powerful.

DDD - Saving over and over again does nothing for Emerald. In order to get a shiny Lileep, you'll have to basically recreate the amount of time it took for you to soft reset for your shiny Beldum and Totodile. If you can do that, then you will get your shiny Lileep.

And we are in somewhat similar situations. I'm SRing (when I can) for a shiny Beldum on my Emerald, but you already have a shiny Metagross. You are SRing for a shiny Lileep on your Emerald while I already have one. It's odd, isn't it? :D

Good luck, everyone.
I LOVE SHINY POKEMON!

Old January 14th, 2009, 04:50 PM
DDD'SSCEPTILE
GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DDD'SSCEPTILE
Quote:
DDD - Saving over and over again does nothing for Emerald. In order to get a shiny Lileep, you'll have to basically recreate the amount of time it took for you to soft reset for your shiny Beldum and Totodile. If you can do that, then you will get your shiny Lileep.

And we are in somewhat similar situations. I'm SRing (when I can) for a shiny Beldum on my Emerald, but you already have a shiny Metagross. You are SRing for a shiny Lileep on your Emerald while I already have one. It's odd, isn't it? :D

Good luck, everyone.
Hrmm, sounds tough since I wish I could remember the time lapse between getting the Beldum and Totodile. All I really know to do I guess is just SR a lot when I can find the time and see what happens. I don't think I'm anywhere near it though...

Indeed, funny coincidence. If I do get it (which is inevitable; I will eventually if I keep at it) I think I might keep it as a Lileep, I like that green coloring.

I wish there was a place where you could SR for Pokemon in RSE like the Game Corner in FR/LG, because once I'm done with Lileep, the last SR target in my game (to my knowledge) is Sudowoodo. Woo hoo..

Kinda wish now I didn't catch all the Regis for my friend..

edit:

Oh yeah MenchMaster is still gone.. I wonder what happened, really..??

Last edited by DDD'SSCEPTILE; January 14th, 2009 at 05:25 PM.
Old January 14th, 2009, 07:18 PM
Dark Steelix Lv X
Final Atomic Buster

Quote:
Hey, D_S, would you like to race for Snorlax? I won't be able to hunt it yet because I'm really busy with school and basketball, but I just want to see if you're interested.
Sure I'd love to race! More motivation to go for snorlax and I haven't had a race in long while. Good luck on beldum too!

Yeah the emerald RNG thing I guess is about timing if I recall. I think MetalMario said you should sometimes wait 1-2 seconds after start up before getting the pokemon so that it 'reshuffles' the deck. I did that sometimes while going for electrode, but on the morning I actually got electrode I was just mashing A pretty fast :p
Well good luck on Lileep DDD! I'd be also Sring for it or Anorith but I don't want to destroy the mirage tower yet. It's literally the best place to hunt for Trapinch or Sandshrew, both pretty nice shinies, since only those 2 appear there.

I've had no luck with Kecleon on emerald, guess it could be since it takes a bit to engage it in battle because of the text, and I haven't been doing the wait 1-2 seconds thing either (lazy :p) Ugh I gotta remember to check everyday on my R/S/E for Mirage Island too, I wanna see if I can get a shiny wynaut if I ever find it xD Heh what are the chances of getting to mirage island anyways? MM should know ;)

Credit to Yami Zidane

TARGETS:
Old January 15th, 2009, 08:46 AM
Hikari Ven
Trainer

Congrats on all the new shinies guys.

Well I've decided to get back to my Lileep hunt in Emerald. I put it on the backburner a few months ago(continued on with the game) so its about time I get back into it. It also gives me a break from Latios and Regirock, who really don't want to appear for me. I've gotten a lot of RNG clones while SRing but no Careful shiny Lileep has appeared(a lot of non-shiny ones have appeared though )

I'm also going to start over Emerald 1, and I'll be SRing for another shiny Treecko. As I've gotten all available SR Pokemon in this Emerald, I really want to see if I can get a luckier file than the last one. I just need to trade over several Lvl 100 Pokemon and all shinies I've gotten to another game, then I'll be ready.

EDIT: I just finished trading 59 Pokemon from Emerald to LeafGreen and I'm on my way towards a shiny file. I hope that I get a file soon.

Last edited by Hikari Ven; January 15th, 2009 at 04:07 PM.
Old January 15th, 2009, 02:50 PM
Mateus_
Retired Hunter.

finaly got both ralts
male and female, one will be a gladevoir and the other will be a gallade...
now back to giratina and here's the picture
Spoiler:
Female:

Male:

congratz to everyone on new shinies and good luck for the ones hunting :D
~Retired~

Old January 15th, 2009, 03:54 PM
PokemonMichael

Nature: Bashful
i would be very interested in joining up to this club.
i am always looking for shinies and recently caught a ditto which was blue :D
Old January 15th, 2009, 06:38 PM
It's Just Fufu
Nostalgia is powerful.

DDD - Just try SRing as fast as you can and see if it works. That's what I did with Lileep, and it got me a shiny one.
I LOVE SHINY POKEMON!

Old January 15th, 2009, 11:55 PM
MetalMario
Donator Tier 4

Quote:
What is a YTMND? I don't believe I remember reading about that...
http://ytmnd.com/

Basically a hive of web memes and assorted stuff. Some of it is NSFW so be careful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Steelix Lv X View Post
I think MetalMario said you should sometimes wait 1-2 seconds after start up before getting the pokemon so that it 'reshuffles' the deck.
Nope. More in the neighbourhood of 2-3 minutes, and a random duration each time, if you're looking for fair random numbers. As Fufu said, just do the same thing you did for Electrode. Electrode's a super-fast encounter, if I remember right, so it's probably impossible to SR certain stuff, like the Hoenn ubers and Regis, period.

Now, onto my latest copypasta:

I've also recorded a video which might make it to Youtube notwithstanding my own laziness.

I caught the first at a chain of 37, and two more at 40 and 41. Random breaks are random, and they seem to be more common with certain targets, such as radar exclusives. To combat this, I loosened up my chaining rule following early on, to reduce the time spent at the low numbers, and got extremely picky with the patches I'd enter later on, entering only a few arrangements I've had the most success with after 30, and only the free +1 patterns after 35.

I plan to capture four of them with Ice Body with my Jolly syncher out, to hopefully get a good Glalie. I'm also going to capture four females with my Timid syncher out to try for a good Froslass. I'm switching back and forth so that if, by some cataclysm, my chain breaks, I've got the best chances of getting candidates for both of them.

I'm practically chained out, so I'll be going back to playing Diamond after this. Dialga awaits. Gugyugubaah!!

osu!
stream
github
Old January 16th, 2009, 02:28 PM
rapid whalelord
<--She's a ribbon queen...38!

Send a message via AIM to rapid whalelord Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to rapid whalelord
hey guys been a long time. i got exams so i stopped playing pokemon so much and i'm addicted to guitar hero too, i really want to shiny hunt but have no inspiration for it. gd luck people.

Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!
Get your own at Pokeplushies!

Click here to feed me a Digicandy!
Get your own at Pokeplushies!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here