Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs
Reload this Page ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old February 1st, 2009 (02:23 PM).

Nature: Timid
Still haven't gotten any new shinies and my interest in hunting them hasn't increased all that much. I get bored with shiny hunting too easily nowadays, but I hope a new shiny will get me back into the groove of things.

Right now I'm SRing for shiny Regigigas in Platinum, it hasn't appeared yet. I have about 1200 SR's in for it and I've been hunting it for over a week now. I am also resetting for shiny Eevee in FireRed, as well as hunting for shiny Paras in LeafGreen. Congrats to new shinies everyone, I wish I was lucky enough to get one .
Old February 1st, 2009 (02:46 PM).
:^)

Nature: Lonely
Yeah, but nowadays, the randoms are coming a lot slower, too.
Dang.
xD
Hunting shiny...
Well, I'm a mes now.
I'm trying to train my Blastoise up for the Kanto E4, and I'm going to hunt the shiny birds, but I'd love for Mewtwo or a dog to sparkle as well. Just started a new game in Diamond 3, gonna go after a shiny Turtwig.
Anything.
Anything.
Anything.
Any random shiny at this point would please me. I'd love it to no end.
Good luck, everybody.
We need to find some elite people and invite them in.
Old February 1st, 2009 (03:00 PM).
Dragon Power

Nature: Jolly
Hi people, it has been a month since I last posted, I was busy studying.

First; Congratulations for everyone with new shinies.
Second; I'm getting interested in this breeding thing. Is it true?
Third: Is the Giratina race still going?
Fourth: Well, I have no news for now, but still hunting.

See you around and good luck everyone.

Egg Swap has returned for GT12! Join us now and get swapping!
Extreme Speed Swaps
Old February 1st, 2009 (03:03 PM).

Nature: Quiet
OMG OMG OMG I DID IT!!!!

my first ever shiny hunt (Lucario was random) and after 400 (ish, wasnt counting) soft resets

MALE, NAUGHTY NATURED (tbh, it doesnt matter!) SHINY DRIFLOON

im shaking and my hearts just stopped trying to break through my chest
i collect Drifloons, hes a great addition XD

Old February 1st, 2009 (03:22 PM).

Well, I just got the ID 35175 or something along those lines (I know it's a scrambled variant of my address, which is quite odd) in Emerald.
I am also going back to Moltres in FireRed.
Congratulations on that Drifloon!
And no, I quit hunting that Tina.
XD
Good luck all.
Old February 1st, 2009 (08:27 PM).
Gold Tier

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MetalMario
Good job, Peeplup, on the shiny Floon. He is one of the best!

Two interesting things have happened lately: First off, I ran into a random shiny Graveler in Iron Island while training my team. This is totally awesome, seeing as my first shiny on my departed Diamond game was a shiny Geodude I ran into while training!

"They were terrible times, wrought with hardship and suffering, but after a long and perilous journey, fleeing from my ruthless oppressor, I was finally reunited with the Trainer."

Secondly, I've reached Dialga in this Diamond game, and have just begun the process of SRing him. (SR count is still in the double digits) I've done the basic calculations for my hunter Breloom, borrowed from Pearl, so I know Dialga can take one regular Headbutt and one CH Headbutt from him, meaning I must stop using Headbutt after either I've used it twice, or if it CHes. Also, a CH Rock Smash has the possibility of KOing Dialga in one shot, so that's off the list.

I've done some trial runs. Breloom can easily stay alive to False Swipe Dialga to 1HP using the aforementioned method, and the Repeat Ball usually works. (Even if the Premier Ball effects are a bit cooler, the Repeat Ball is nostalgic for my previous shiny Dialga. I've traded a GTS Dialga to this game so the Ball is powered up.)

I'll be multihunting Dialga and Chiko while at home (using the Rubber Band Method), and just Dialga when out. Happy hunting!

I'd rather be a comma than a full stop

osu!
stream
github
latest shiny: Boldore (Oct.30/11)
Old February 1st, 2009 (08:48 PM).
GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DDD'SSCEPTILE
Quote originally posted by Chr. Draco:
Second; I'm getting interested in this breeding thing. Is it true?
No, it's not. Or at least Egg Chaining isn't. You can check it out, but be forewarned to look at all those comments (and commitments) as well. It sent shockwaves out, and a lot of people were involved.
The only soul that we know of that benefited since I posted that video was Mateus. So that's one out of... easily 50. At first I thought it was lower but did not realize the sheer amount of dust it stirred up. I wouldn't be surprised if even more people were involved...

The verdict is FAIL.

But the verdict is still unknown on something else: Do traded Pokemon parents have a slightly higher chance of producing shinies? That was the only thing that was minorly consistent through all of this, but I've brushed that aside as well. But see below on what I'm trying now.

Quote originally posted by Peeplup:
OMG OMG OMG I DID IT!!!!

my first ever shiny hunt (Lucario was random) and after 400 (ish, wasnt counting) soft resets

Congratulations. I contemplated SRing for my own on Friday, but I didn't have the right Synchroers on that game.

Quote originally posted by MetalMario:
I'll be multihunting Dialga and Chiko while at home (using the Rubber Band Method), and just Dialga when out. Happy hunting!
And I'll be testing my final breeding project: Using two parents specifically from the GTS. I traded a Munchlax for a Male Finneon, and then later I traded a Remoraid for a female Finneon. I've hatched about 15 eggs so far. *so boring*

I plan to go to at least 200+, if I make it there. No Egg Chaining crap was involved in the making of this test.

Oh, yeah. Congrats on 'reuniting' with your Geodude/Graveler MM.

Good luck everyone
Old February 1st, 2009 (09:07 PM). Edited February 2nd, 2009 by MetalMario.
Gold Tier

I'm pretty sure Masuda was particular about them being from other countries, ie. of different languages.

I'm going to attempt my own test at some time or another by prehatching a Jolly Female Skorupi with good IVs, then trading the egg to my brother's Japanese Platinum to be hatched. I'll then breed with one of my regular males from the same savefile.

The best case for this theory would be two parents of the same species, but of different languages both from each other and also from the game being hatched on. Parts of this "best case" might be unnecessary and of no advantage, but many trials would be needed to be done to find out.

Does anyone out there have a French/German/Spanish D/P game they'd be willing to hatch an egg for me on?

Dialga count at 66. And you'll all hate me. I updated my own SHC card. ^,^;

osu!
stream
github
Old February 1st, 2009 (10:40 PM).

Interesting.

Not to worry, the Finneon are both Japanese. Different Trainer IDs of course, it would've been crazy to get them both from the same person off the GTS.

And since I'm not doing the whole egg chain thing, I can actually save and quit and stop when I want to and resume later.

Too bad I couldn't have got lucky and got a french Finneon or whatever.
Old February 2nd, 2009 (12:05 AM).
Gold Tier

I worry that two Japanese Finneon would be seen by the game as coming from the same country and disable the enhancements. Who knows how it works? That's why we're doing this. I guess we could see who has the more success between us.

I'm absorbed hunting Dialga and playing osu! right now anyway, so I probably wouldn't make good competition for this egg research anyway.

osu!
stream
github
Old February 2nd, 2009 (12:29 PM).

The only thing we'll find out is that we probably just wasted our time again.

I've hatched nearly 30 Finneon... so little but hatching can take some time.

Depending on the results I'll try to find 2 Pokemon of different languages next time.

I wish we could just ask him what he meant. Along with every other single Pokemon mystery to date lol.
Old February 2nd, 2009 (04:45 PM).

Good luck with that DDD, I will go for it if something goes wrong or you succeed.
Still nothing new.
Still hunting.
Blah.
I hope my newest Emerald ID is the best, but if it's not, I better get a good one soon, because I've gone through over 20 profiles (12 are 3s, the rest are random)
Good luck, everybody.
Old February 3rd, 2009 (10:04 AM).
Dispose Of The Betrayer....

havent posted here in awhile...

last time i posted i said was going for giratina, which i still havent found yet...

congrats to everyone's new shinies and Good luck

" As The Lightless Oblivion Devours You, Drown In The Ever-Blooming Darkness.."
Credit Goes To Aurafire For The Banner

Old February 3rd, 2009 (04:05 PM).
Has gone...

OMG OMG OMG I DID IT!!!!

im shaking and my hearts just stopped trying to break through my chest :P

Congratulations on the Drifloon!! =D

Quote originally posted by Mence Master:
Well, I just got the ID 35175 or something along those lines (I know it's a scrambled variant of my address, which is quite odd) in Emerald.
I am also going back to Moltres in FireRed.
Congratulations on that Drifloon!
And no, I quit hunting that Tina.
XD
Good luck all.
How does the ID thing actually work, and what game(s) does it affect?

Two interesting things have happened lately: First off, I ran into a random shiny Graveler in Iron Island while training my team. This is totally awesome, seeing as my first shiny on my departed Diamond game was a shiny Geodude I ran into while training!

"They were terrible times, wrought with hardship and suffering, but after a long and perilous journey, fleeing from my ruthless oppressor, I was finally reunited with the Trainer."

Secondly, I've reached Dialga in this Diamond game, and have just begun the process of SRing him. (SR count is still in the double digits) I've done the basic calculations for my hunter Breloom, borrowed from Pearl, so I know Dialga can take one regular Headbutt and one CH Headbutt from him, meaning I must stop using Headbutt after either I've used it twice, or if it CHes. Also, a CH Rock Smash has the possibility of KOing Dialga in one shot, so that's off the list.

I've done some trial runs. Breloom can easily stay alive to False Swipe Dialga to 1HP using the aforementioned method, and the Repeat Ball usually works. (Even if the Premier Ball effects are a bit cooler, the Repeat Ball is nostalgic for my previous shiny Dialga. I've traded a GTS Dialga to this game so the Ball is powered up.)

Congrats on the Graveler and good luck on Dialga!! =D

[...] And you'll all hate me. I updated my own SHC card. ^,^;
LOL!!
Old February 3rd, 2009 (05:55 PM).
Dragon Power

Nature: Jolly
OMG OMG OMG I DID IT!!!!

Congratulations.

Good luck with Dialga, hope you get it soon. And congratulations on the shiny graveler.

The only news that I have for now is my new shiny Uxie, it took me like a month.
I'll put the pic later. I haven't had the time to load it to my computer from my cell phone.

What's happening to the club? it's just me or everything is going a little slower?

See ya; Good luck everyone.

Egg Swap has returned for GT12! Join us now and get swapping!
Extreme Speed Swaps
Old February 4th, 2009 (11:20 AM).

I haven't been posting here all that much, as I don't really have any new shinies to report, as they are all being stubborn .

I'm SRing for shiny Regigigas in Platinum at the moment, I'm a bit past 1800 SR's for the shiny Regi King. I really want it to appear before the end of the month, so I can hunt my other Platinum targets.

I've also left Eevee temporarily, and I'm now back to SRing for shiny Dratini once again from the Game Corner. I am at 520 SR's, 1560 non-shiny Dratini, and I really wish it would appear before 1000 SR's, so I can get back to my Tangela hunt(that I abandoned months ago).
Old February 4th, 2009 (12:22 PM).
Three Days Grace - Break

Nothing new to report from me. I have fully EV trained my Shiny Starly now they. Can't wait to try it out in a match when I get its moves sorted.

Congratulations on all the Drifloon and good luck on all your hunts.
Old February 5th, 2009 (07:30 AM).
owner of the lonestar's gym

Nature: Relaxed
hi people long time no see :D well im kinda back, im not gonna be full time back ( i never was :p) but i was reading back a lot and i also tried the egg chaining thing with no luck for me too, well since last time i now have a shiny bannete, caterpie, 7 absol, 1 tyranitar with 0 ivs for attack and hp :/ and a shiny ralts so not so much for that much time since i was here last, i think most people would'nt even recognize me :p but however seeing that shiny drifloon really caught my attention and letted me consider of starting sring for it too and go back to that extremely annoiing rayquaza who just does'nt want to shiny since 2007 september ( see around 300-400 pages back when i first came here )
well anyway good luck everyone ! :d
Old February 5th, 2009 (03:01 PM).

I haven't been here much lately, planning on trying a chain for a shiny Mareep, also trying to do SR for Cressalia in Pearl.
and since: Camerupt, Luxray, Torkoal, Noctowl, Shuckle, Metagross, Palkia, Torterra, Stantler, Mismagius, Honchkrow, Latios, Arcanine, Groudon, Altaria, Nidoking, Flareon, Umbreon, Espeon, Victreebel, Sceptile, Swampert, Floatzel, Tyranitar, Regigigas, Rhyperior, Blaziken, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Feraligatr, Armaldo, Cradily, Rotom, Dialga, Swablu, and Dusknoir
Credit to MetalMario and Yami for the SHC card
click to help them grow
Old February 5th, 2009 (03:29 PM).

Don't ask me how, but the Japanese seem to have cracked the Emerald RNG Code.

http://pokem.client.jp/emloop.htm

Not sure how it works, or what it says, but it's a section of the site that I believe can help to determine the Emerald RNG's shiny number of your current profile.
I'm trying to find someone to translate the box, since Google Translate doesn't work for that.

Anyways, I plan on SRing for Drifloon this weekend, taking a break from my "secret" Target.
I also hope that Rayquaza or Moltres will shine this weekend.
Good luck on all of your hunts, everybody.
I really want more people to join for some more activity D<
Old February 6th, 2009 (04:09 AM).
Three Days Grace - Break

I will get that translated and post it once I am done if it is about the Emerald RNG stuff.

Still no new shinies I am trying to get Regigigas, I have worked out exactly how many hits it can take before I false swipe and paralyse it, so I shouldn't kill it when it is shiny.
Old February 6th, 2009 (07:40 AM).
Retired Hunter.

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mateus_
finaly... shiny giratina came!!!
one more shiny legend for me
I got it yesterday... it was 1 month of hunting...
here the picture :D
Spoiler:

gratz to the new shinys everyone

I am a member of the Shiny Hunters Club.
Old February 6th, 2009 (11:03 AM).

Quote originally posted by Mence Master:
Don't ask me how, but the Japanese seem to have cracked the Emerald RNG Code.

Not sure how it works, or what it says, but it's a section of the site that I believe can help to determine the Emerald RNG's shiny number of your current profile.
I'm trying to find someone to translate the box, since Google Translate doesn't work for that.

Anyways, I plan on SRing for Drifloon this weekend, taking a break from my "secret" Target.
I also hope that Rayquaza or Moltres will shine this weekend.
Good luck on all of your hunts, everybody.
I really want more people to join for some more activity D<
Its been translated and solved over at smogon, and it can lead to easy shinies, but only if you own certain devices for GBA games, or you can use pokesav to find your secret Id, otherwise its useless to get shinies.
Old February 7th, 2009 (08:13 AM).
Retired Hunter.

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mateus_
so ppl... I'm now starting to hunt for heatran... hope to complete my legends this month before may...
heatran will be the frist and then regigiggas... if I can do the surf glitch I'll try darkrai too...
gl for u all

I am a member of the Shiny Hunters Club.
Old February 7th, 2009 (08:46 AM).

So...
Can we have ANOTHER review of March Madness, please?
I'm hoping that Madness occurs with me sooner though, I REALLY want Rayquaza to shine, and I'm just randomly encountering Pokémon on 1 Island, because Chiakiro has been really lucky there lately, and I wanna burn away at the RNG.
xD
I am also Soft Resetting a bit for Treecko on Sapphire.
Good luck everybody, and congratulations on all new shinies.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)