Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs
Reload this Page ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old February 20th, 2009 (12:57 PM).
Razer302
Three Days Grace - Break

Nature: Quiet
Would love a race. Will keep going after I lapse in motivation which I always do.
Old February 20th, 2009 (02:16 PM).
Stronkadonk
:^)

Nature: Lonely
May I join the Torchic Hunt, only if I'm going for another starter? (Treecko)

Finally decided to practice chaining, and at a Chain of 3, a Shiny Lickitung popped out.
For some reason, it's unbelievably hard to catch.
I'll check back later, and good luck to all for now.
Old February 20th, 2009 (02:39 PM).
Chr. Draco
Dragon Power

Nature: Jolly
Quote originally posted by Infinite Heartless Core:
May I join the Torchic Hunt, only if I'm going for another starter? (Treecko)

Finally decided to practice chaining, and at a Chain of 3, a Shiny Lickitung popped out.
For some reason, it's unbelievably hard to catch.
I'll check back later, and good luck to all for now.
I guess there's no problem, more people more fun. congratulations on lickitung, maybe it's hard to catch because of the personality.

Quote originally posted by Razer302:
Would love a race. Will keep going after I lapse in motivation which I always do.
Then it's a race, Good luck to both of you. see you.
Old February 20th, 2009 (03:13 PM).
Stronkadonk

Oh, and just as an added bit of info from a reliable friend, I have been told that if you see a shiny Poochyena, you have immense chances at finding a shiny within the next few SRs or Minutes, not sure which, because the shiny value may stick around. Such as the masses who get their starters soon after Treecko, or the one person who SRed over a shiny Torchic, and got it back 8 SRs later.

Anyways thanks, and hopefully I can get some powerful Lickitung out of this chain.
Good luck to us all!
Old February 20th, 2009 (07:39 PM).
super onii chan
I think I'm here to stay

Nature: Adamant
well hello to all the newish-old members :D

i was a member and left pokemon for about 4 months but now I'm back ;3. If you just want to chat or race just let me know.

well im an idiot and i restarted my game and lost all my shinies >>. Except 3 that my friend was holding for me Dx. So i got to beat the game before i can chain, which sucks :/. Atm I'm fishing on LG for a shiny magicarp. Ive had this game for 3 years and havent got pass the 4 gym leader... I soo own right XD. God I'm lazy, oh well.

good luck, I most likely will end up chaning my name because "shinyhunter011" sound really stupid DX.
Old February 20th, 2009 (07:44 PM).
Stronkadonk

Well, my chain is over with 4 shinies out of it. That's just as many as I wanted. Hopefully one has good stats :3
I'm gonna EV Train myself up a team, then chain Bagon, soft reset for my secret target, random encounter in Ruby and FireRed, then SR in Sapphire. Fun, fun I tell you, fun for this weekend!
x_x
Good luck all, I'll check back in tomorrow.
Old February 20th, 2009 (09:04 PM).
Shadow Chaos
Has gone...

Quote originally posted by Chr. Draco:
[...]
Wow, you're determined in getting charmander, good luck.

See you and good luck everyone.
Mwahaha!! Without determination, us Shiny Hunters would have nothing!! X3 And thanks!! ;D

Quote originally posted by shinyhunter011:
well hello to all the newish-old members :D

i was a member and left pokemon for about 4 months but now I'm back ;3. If you just want to chat or race just let me know.

well im an idiot and i restarted my game and lost all my shinies >>. Except 3 that my friend was holding for me Dx. So i got to beat the game before i can chain, which sucks :/. Atm I'm fishing on LG for a shiny magicarp. Ive had this game for 3 years and havent got pass the 4 gym leader... I soo own right XD. God I'm lazy, oh well.

good luck, I most likely will end up chaning my name because "shinyhunter011" sound really stupid DX.
Well that sucks, at least you have three left, and good luck on the Magikarp!!

Well, my chain is over with 4 shinies out of it. That's just as many as I wanted. Hopefully one has good stats :3
I'm gonna EV Train myself up a team, then chain Bagon, soft reset for my secret target, random encounter in Ruby and FireRed, then SR in Sapphire. Fun, fun I tell you, fun for this weekend!
x_x
Good luck all, I'll check back in tomorrow.
Congratulations on the Lickitung!! And good luck on those too!! I may chain something just to have something (haven't chained a thing since Chansey back in Aug/Sept 08...)
Old February 20th, 2009 (09:57 PM).
Evil Sonic
Fufufu, All according to plan.

Nature: Naive
I'm trying that Egg hatching rumor/trick with my Lucario, I'm looking for another Ditto so it can be more easier to get eggs since the other Dittos I have don't have a "connection" (lol) with Spike.

But right now I am bored of playing Pokemon or just Pokemon Diamond so I am not doing it currently really.

I'm gonna play Sonic Unleashed since I got it (and a new XBOX 360) today. =D

I am a member of the Shiny Hunters Club!
::My GPXPlus account::
Diamond FC: 1763 1441 8561 (Name: Evey)
Black FC: 4212 3408 4293 (Name: Evey)
Old February 20th, 2009 (10:11 PM).
DDD'SSCEPTILE
GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DDD'SSCEPTILE
I almost lost in a battle earlier that I should've won VERY easily but Platinum tutor moves got in the way.

Which means I need my own shiny Magikarp.

RIGHT NOW.

Looks like my inspiration's back.
Old February 21st, 2009 (07:05 AM).
It's Just Fufu
Nostalgia is powerful.

Nature: Hasty
Quote originally posted by Evil Sonic:
I'm trying that Egg hatching rumor/trick with my Lucario, I'm looking for another Ditto so it can be more easier to get eggs since the other Dittos I have don't have a "connection" (lol) with Spike.

But right now I am bored of playing Pokemon or just Pokemon Diamond so I am not doing it currently really.

I'm gonna play Sonic Unleashed since I got it (and a new XBOX 360) today. =D
What egg hatching trick are you talking about?

Credit goes to ShinysHunters Forum for the image.

Old February 21st, 2009 (12:48 PM).
Evil Sonic

Quote originally posted by It's Just Fufu:
What egg hatching trick are you talking about?
The one to get a shiny "easy".

Old February 21st, 2009 (01:52 PM).
Stronkadonk

That doesn't work.
I'm now going after a shiny Mewtwo on FireRed.
I'd love any shiny on that game at this point.
I'll check back in later tonight.
Good luck all.
Old February 21st, 2009 (02:14 PM).
Evil Sonic

That doesn't work.
I'm now going after a shiny Mewtwo on FireRed.
I'd love any shiny on that game at this point.
I'll check back in later tonight.
Good luck all.
It's like you people like crushing my dreams.. j/k

I know it doesn't work I just want to see if I can be lucky when I feel like playing Diamond.

Old February 21st, 2009 (03:55 PM).
Hikari Ven
Trainer

Nature: Timid
Well I got bored with Regirock not shining in Emerald, so I've decided to go back to the game I originally started hunting it in, Ruby. I went back through my posts on another forum and I've actually been hunting for the Regi's on and off since January 2007(maybe late December 2006), and Regirock is the last I need to complete the trio, as I have a shiny Regice from Ruby and 2 shiny Registeel(one in Sapphire/other in Emerald)

I also started from scratch on my shiny Tangela hunt, as I have no idea what number I left off on, let alone how many days I've been hunting for it XD. I have 500 encounters in so far, nothing shiny yet of course(I'd have to get really lucky for that to happen, something I'm not at the moment).

I don't think I'll be getting any new shinies this month, so I suppose Latios will be the only shiny I get in February, like shiny Infernape was last year(I got him on the 24th of this month).

Congrats to any new shinies guys, I really need some luck .
Old February 23rd, 2009 (11:38 PM).
MetalMario
Donator Tier 4

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MetalMario
Spoiler:

XD
100 Resets into Treecko SRing in Sapphire, and that thing pops out.
So I'm telling Pokerealm/shinyhunter about it on MSN, while uploading the video ten minutes later with it still on the screen, on my Ruby file, this thingy appeared.

6,000 Resets, Brave Nature, Perfect Speed and Good SP Atk is total win.
I am crazy happy about this.
Good luck to all, and hopefully this place starts getting some more activity.
Good Job with the Advance shinies! Rayquaza is on my hit list for Sapphire. (still saved in front of Kyogre.. -.-) Don't re-save your game! It seems R/S's RNG seeds in part from values taken from the save file. (also in part from the clock) Your odds of seeing a shiny there again should be greatly enhanced as long as you don't re-save your game.

Quote originally posted by Evil Sonic:
I have a question: If you guessed your time on that time counter thing and actually got a shiny and you never got your SID will that shiny count in this club?
Tentatively yes. It's still technically an unknown, random variable whether the Pokémon is shiny or not.

Quote originally posted by Espeon~:
May I join this epic club? :3
I have a Shiny Steelix, caught in victory Road (Pokemon Diamond)
Why soytenly. Welcome!

More on the matter of this stupid Emerald stopwatch business: It should not be usable for breeding, since the egg's PV isn't determined at an easy time to predict. (It's calculated in advance of receiving the egg.) Also, wild encounters are difficult as well, since you don't know the species you're encountering or which grassy patch will trigger the encounter. For any of these scenarios, if you get them to work, they'll be counted as Cert Shinies anyway.

It seems my post was deleted in the forum rollback, so I'll re-explain March Madness: We all race to catch as many shinies as possible in one month using only "traditional" means. Random soft-resets, random encounters, and breeding are all acceptable, but the Pokéradar and Emerald RNG abuse are not.

3010 Dialgas.

I'd rather be a comma than a full stop

osu!
stream
github
latest shiny: Boldore (Oct.30/11)
Old February 24th, 2009 (12:11 PM).
Stronkadonk

Well, nothing new for me.
I won't be able to hunt again until Thursday. My two primary targets are Registeel and Tangela. With a side of Secret Hunt in Pearl and Treecko in Sapphire. And I already saved again, due to the fact that nothing else shined after around three or four-hundred resets. Oh well, hopefully all these noobs shine something shines before the beginning of next week, but it's already more than likely 8D

So good luck to all, hopefully we can get some new shinies here.
Old February 24th, 2009 (01:40 PM).
Chr. Draco
Dragon Power

Hi guys, I have good news, I recently got my second shiny drifloon, here the pic:

shiny drifloom 2.jpg

Quote originally posted by MetalMario:
It seems my post was deleted in the forum rollback, so I'll re-explain March Madness: We all race to catch as many shinies as possible in one month using only "traditional" means. Random soft-resets, random encounters, and breeding are all acceptable, but the Pokéradar and Emerald RNG abuse are not.

3010 Dialgas.
I see, Now that March madness is close, which are your targets?
Good luck with Dialga, hope it appears soon.

Well, nothing new for me.
I won't be able to hunt again until Thursday. My two primary targets are Registeel and Tangela. With a side of Secret Hunt in Pearl and Treecko in Sapphire. And I already saved again, due to the fact that nothing else shined after around three or four-hundred resets. Oh well, hopefully all these noobs shine something shines before the beginning of next week, but it's already more than likely 8D
Good luck with your targets, are you going to be busy until Thursday?; hope you get your shinies soon.

Well I'm also SRing for torchic

Good luck everyone.
Old February 24th, 2009 (04:40 PM).
Stronkadonk

Well, I'm not really allowed to play during the week. But I AM quite busy this week, due to being sick last week.
Anyways, I'm gonna hunt Tangela in a bit, then go to bed. Good luck all, and hopefully we have some more new shinies soon. Congratulations to Draco on that nice new Drifloon. Nature/IVs?
Old February 24th, 2009 (05:21 PM).
Chr. Draco
Dragon Power

bashful nature, I haven't checked it's IVs yet.

I'm going to hunt a secret target in diamond.

See you and Good luck everyone
Old February 24th, 2009 (06:51 PM).
Hikari Ven
Trainer

^___________________^:

SHINY REGIROCK!!(Sorry for the blurriness, my camera doesn't like my GBASP too well)

Finally after several months of on/off hunting(since Dec 06/Jan 07), I finally complete the shiny Regi Trio :D. Not more than 10 minutes after I saved(to mess up the RNG), I was busy reading through the posts here, when I heard Regirock's cry, followed by the shiny sound I was desperately waiting to hear for months .

I decided straight away that I was going to use a Masterball, as my SP was known to restart if I tapped the Power button. So after taking a couple pictures, as well as a short video, I threw the Masterball and caught it. I saved as quickly as I could, took Ruby out of my SP and put it in my DS.

I flew back to Lavaridge to go check out my new shiny Regirock. When I looked at it, shiny Regirock had a Careful nature(unsure if that is good but at this point I don't care). I only started SRing for it again three days ago so I wasn't expecting it to shine that fast.

More pictures:
No cheating devices(once again, a bit blurry)
Shiny Regirock, Careful nature
Stats

So happy right now, finally done with the 3rd gen Regi's :D. Now I need the Regi king, and I'll have the whole set.
Old February 24th, 2009 (08:10 PM).
Chr. Draco
Dragon Power

Congratulations!!!, you got a nice one there.
We are in the same situation, but I still haven't got the national pokedex yet so I'm not able to pass my shiny regi trio to diamond and start to SR for regigigas, and I'm anxious to get shiny Giratina too, but I guess I'll have to wait a little more until I get the nat dex.
And again congratulations, you finally caught it.
Old February 25th, 2009 (09:15 AM).
Shadow Chaos
Has gone...

Quote originally posted by DDD'SSCEPTILE:
[...] Which means I need my own shiny Magikarp. [...] Looks like my inspiration's back.
Good luck on that Magikarp!! =D

[...] I'm now going after a shiny Mewtwo on FireRed. [...]
[...] My two primary targets are Registeel and Tangela. With a side of Secret Hunt in Pearl and Treecko in Sapphire. [...]
Good luck on Mewtwo, Registeel, and Tangela!! ^_^

Quote originally posted by MetalMario:
Good Job with the Advance shinies! Rayquaza is on my hit list for Sapphire. (still saved in front of Kyogre.. -.-) [...] the Pokéradar and Emerald RNG abuse are not.

3010 Dialgas.
Godd luck on Rayquaza and Dialga!! Double Dragons!! XD LOL at "Emerald RNG abuse"!! =P

Quote originally posted by Chr. Draco:
Hi guys, I have good news, I recently got my second shiny drifloon [...] Well I'm also SRing for torchic [...]
Congratulations on Drifloon, and good luck on Torchic!! =D

Quote originally posted by Storm_Dragoon:
^___________________^:

SHINY REGIROCK!!(Sorry for the blurriness, my camera doesn't like my GBASP too well)

Finally after several months of on/off hunting(since Dec 06/Jan 07), I finally complete the shiny Regi Trio :D. Not more than 10 minutes after I saved(to mess up the RNG), I was busy reading through the posts here, when I heard Regirock's cry, followed by the shiny sound I was desperately waiting to hear for months ^_^.

I decided straight away that I was going to use a Masterball, as my SP was known to restart if I tapped the Power button. So after taking a couple pictures, as well as a short video, I threw the Masterball and caught it. I saved as quickly as I could, took Ruby out of my SP and put it in my DS.

[...] So happy right now, finally done with the 3rd gen Regi's :D. Now I need the Regi king, and I'll have the whole set.
Mega-congratulations on getting Regirock and completing the Regi Trio set!! \o/ And good luck on Regigigas!! ^_^ LOL, my GBASP is like that, though it turns of whenever it wants, even while its recharging!! XD

Well, as my updated signature says, I'm by 408 hatched Charmanders in Diamond (2) so far!! I have a couple left in this box (Box 14), and then three more boxes (Boxes 15-17) of Eggs to hatch!! If nothing is produced, I'll have to release all of those Charmander and refill the boxes again!! So till then, good luck to everybody!! =D
Old February 25th, 2009 (02:51 PM).
DDD'SSCEPTILE
GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DDD'SSCEPTILE
Well, I'm not really allowed to play during the week. But I AM quite busy this week, due to being sick last week.
I've been down that road all too often lately... it sucks being sick. In fact I felt like I was getting another earache/infection but today I feel better.

Congratulations on that shiny Rayquaza and shiny Regirock peeplz and anything else if I missed it.

Right now I'm chaining....

Yeah, I know, I said my DS's sleep mode was practically broken and unsafe, but I'm leaving it open and charging it that way. So I'm going to finish killing it off. XD
I just hope I can finish this chain. I haven't had much time to do it so I have been like... advancing only 5 - 10 Pokemon per night/sitting, so it'll suck if I lose it.
But I remind myself I wouldn't have made my chaining guide if I wasn't confident enough in my ability, so this should be a piece of cake to complete, the only thing that'll hurt me is the fact I haven't done this in a while..

I need a new toy to play around with. The only shiny I've gotten since Christmas was my hatched Munch/Snorlax.

I've started SRing for Charmander again, I need to SR for Latias (even though it won't help my situation at all), and I need to hatch Magikarps but I haven't been able to lately since I've had a few battles so that means I have to stop, deposit Magcargo, what Magikarp I had with me in there, then round up my team, battle, etc....

It's a lot of hassle.

So um yeah, good luck everyone and congrats. That's my update.
Old February 25th, 2009 (04:17 PM).
Stronkadonk

Quote originally posted by Storm_Dragoon:
Spoiler:
^___________________^:

Finally after several months of on/off hunting(since Dec 06/Jan 07), I finally complete the shiny Regi Trio :D. Not more than 10 minutes after I saved(to mess up the RNG), I was busy reading through the posts here, when I heard Regirock's cry, followed by the shiny sound I was desperately waiting to hear for months ^_^.

I flew back to Lavaridge to go check out my new shiny Regirock. When I looked at it, shiny Regirock had a Careful nature(unsure if that is good but at this point I don't care). I only started SRing for it again three days ago so I wasn't expecting it to shine that fast.

More pictures:
No cheating devices(once again, a bit blurry)
Shiny Regirock, Careful nature
Stats

So happy right now, finally done with the 3rd gen Regi's :D. Now I need the Regi king, and I'll have the whole set.
Spoiler:
I've been down that road all too often lately... it sucks being sick. In fact I felt like I was getting another earache/infection but today I feel better.

Congratulations on that shiny Rayquaza and shiny Regirock peeplz and anything else if I missed it.

Yeah, I know, I said my DS's sleep mode was practically broken and unsafe, but I'm leaving it open and charging it that way. So I'm going to finish killing it off. XD
I just hope I can finish this chain. I haven't had much time to do it so I have been like... advancing only 5 - 10 Pokemon per night/sitting, so it'll suck if I lose it.
But I remind myself I wouldn't have made my chaining guide if I wasn't confident enough in my ability, so this should be a piece of cake to complete, the only thing that'll hurt me is the fact I haven't done this in a while..

I need a new toy to play around with. The only shiny I've gotten since Christmas was my hatched Munch/Snorlax.

I've started SRing for Charmander again, I need to SR for Latias (even though it won't help my situation at all), and I need to hatch Magikarps but I haven't been able to lately since I've had a few battles so that means I have to stop, deposit Magcargo, what Magikarp I had with me in there, then round up my team, battle, etc....

It's a lot of hassle.

Yeah, I read that somewhere, and I'm pretty sure it was on your YouTube Channel. Hopefully the madness of it all stops V__V.

And get this. My idiotic father said, "Let's make March No-Gaming Month!" I told him to shut up. Indirectly of course, but I think saying that we could also disallow him from access to the TV and Computer is close enough. He gets on my nerves.

I did 200 more Tangela Encounters last night, and I plan on doing about 100 more tonight. I have half a day at school tomorrow, so I can get in about 3+ Hours of Registeel SRing and around 500 Tangela encounters. So that's it for now, and good luck to all.
Old February 25th, 2009 (05:36 PM).
Chr. Draco
Dragon Power

It's a lot of hassle.

hope you get your shinies soon and hope you get well soon

And get this. My idiotic father said, "Let's make March No-Gaming Month!" I told him to shut up. Indirectly of course, but I think saying that we could also disallow him from access to the TV and Computer is close enough. He gets on my nerves.

I did 200 more Tangela Encounters last night, and I plan on doing about 100 more tonight. I have half a day at school tomorrow, so I can get in about 3+ Hours of Registeel SRing and around 500 Tangela encounters. So that's it for now, and good luck to all.
that sounds horrible, why your father said that? did you do something bad?
hope you get your shinies soon.

Going strong with torchic and also with my secret target. see you soon.
Good luck everyone

Sponsored Links