Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs
Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 21st, 2009, 09:45 AM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm_Dragoon View Post
Spoiler:

Here is my secret shiny target =3. It took several months of resetting on and off before it appeared tonight around 7 p.m. I was confused at first, I was like, why is it blue. Then I was like OMG, SHINY XD.

The battle took a while, as it wouldn't stay in the Luxury Balls I was throwing at it(yet when catching normal Spiritomb, it would get in the first ball I threw). My synchronize worked, and it has a Modest nature.

Nickname screen
Shiny Spiritomb
Modest nature
Stats

Video:
Shiny video

My next target to get to shine will be the random One Island shiny I am hunting for. Congrats to new shinies everyone.
Congrats on the beautiful shiny Spiritomb! Nice nature, too. ^__^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite Heartless Core View Post
I have some very depressing news that I just discovered...
Platinum's RNG is broken. So that means that Storm just got EXTREMELY lucky. This is just great. Now how the hell am I going to get a shiny Arceus?

And still, nothing new. Isn't this just great? Loads of surprises! I'm getting closer to being able to Surf in LeafGreen, so I can dual hunt Tangela. That little bush isn't gonna hide from me for much longer...
Good luck to all.
I believe I read a Japanese article about this earlier and the RNG is based on the DS clock (unless my memory is awful :x), but hopefully, it can work to our advantage..

Good luck on the Tangela hunt, and good luck to everyone else on there hunts. I've shifted from Emerald hunting to simply breeding in Diamond, in preparation for my Platinum team.

Also, about the discussion of shiny patches breaking chains: That happened to me too. My chain broke immediately after I caught my first shiny Shinx. I was kinda ticked, but I was under the... Thingy you can jump over. A brown cliff? I'll look up the route later, as my laptop is slow. <<
Even if it's a short life, burn hot and bright and overtake the moment. That's my way of life.
Old March 21st, 2009, 09:50 AM
Le Krome
Hi iM sPeNcEr

Nature: Lonely
It is on Smogon.
And as soon as a new day starts at 12 A.M., the RNG resets. So that means you only have 1,640*>1,000 numbers to have either a shiny number or a number with good values. Otherwise, you'll have to make a new profile. I have also heard that it is only possible to get a shiny starter, although Storm, oddsok (From SPPf), and halcyon (YouTube) have all gotten Platinum shinies...
i am a god
Old March 21st, 2009, 01:22 PM
Shadow Chaos
Has gone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDD'SSCEPTILE View Post
Good luck bro. We gotta keep going.... even my friend told me
"you dont need to give up quite yet"
exact quote. And when he says stuff like that, he means it and it's awesome.

2,430 hatched. I wonder if I could break 2,600 tomorrow....
Yeah!! Hatching for the win, and I ain't giving up anytime soon. Good luck as well.

Quote:
Platinum's RNG is broken.
So that means that Storm just got EXTREMELY lucky. This is just great. Now how the hell am I going to get a shiny Arceus?

And still, nothing new. Isn't this just great? Loads of surprises! I'm getting closer to being able to Surf in LeafGreen, so I can dual hunt Tangela. That little bush isn't gonna hide from me for much longer...
Good luck to all.
Heh, lucky for me, I have no idea what the Random Number Generator is or how it works (I'm not that good with deep in-game mechanics). ^^;

Good luck to all.
Later...
Old March 21st, 2009, 03:08 PM
Hikari Ven
Trainer

Nature: Timid
My luck is back :D:

I decided a few minutes ago to SR for Mudkip in Ruby. When I sent out the 8th Mudkip, it was purple :D. Shiny Mudkip appeared in Ruby and I wasn't really trying. I didn't think I would get it, not when I got shiny Spiritomb yesterday.

This is my first shiny in this game, so I'm pretty pumped right now. Mudkip has a Timid nature, and is male(I was hoping for a female, but a shiny is better than no shiny).

More pictures:

No devices
Shiny Mudkip, Timid nature

I'll be adding the video's pretty soon, after I upload them. Congrats to new shinies guys, can't wait for Platinum.
Old March 21st, 2009, 03:55 PM
Shadow Chaos
Has gone...

Quote:
My luck is back :D:

I decided a few minutes ago to SR for Mudkip in Ruby. When I sent out the 8th Mudkip, it was purple :D. Shiny Mudkip appeared in Ruby and I wasn't really trying. I didn't think I would get it, not when I got shiny Spiritomb yesterday.

This is my first shiny in this game, so I'm pretty pumped right now. Mudkip has a Timid nature, and is male(I was hoping for a female, but a shiny is better than no shiny).

More pictures:

No devices
Shiny Mudkip, Timid nature

I'll be adding the video's pretty soon, after I upload them. Congrats to new shinies guys, can't wait for Platinum.
Congratulations on the back-to-back Shiny Mudkip. =D

Seems that you are in the lead for March Madness. ^_^

EDIT: Just hit 1022 hatched, wrapping up my second set of 511 bred Eggs. Releasing all the hatched ones right now to begin R3, later.
Later...

Last edited by Shadow Chaos; March 21st, 2009 at 05:47 PM.
Old March 21st, 2009, 04:44 PM
super onii chan
I think I'm here to stay

Nature: Adamant
lead.. i think we should just give up XD. NA I'm playing.. but that is hard to beat @.@ spritomb and mudkip.. got to give you props. xP. congrats!
Soul Silver FC- One sec...
Old March 22nd, 2009, 03:13 AM
Razer302
Three Days Grace - Break

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Steelix Lv X View Post
Russian wrestling is always number 1!
Ultimate Atomic Busterrrr!! yeah I really need to renew my Xbox Live, then I can take on all comers with the Red Cyclone...just not Ken, that cheap Fierce Shoyruken spammer.
Though its really fun defeating Kens with the taunt master Dan :P...Saikyo!
Haha I main as Ken. If you had a ps3 I would play you. I am not as poor as most people with him that spam shoryuken.

Anyway. I have been way to busy with school work recently to do any hunting. I get assignments every Monday all due in the following Monday so I never have time to hunt but with the release of Platinum today. I will pick up hunting again in 2 weeks when I am on holiday.
Shiny Value 275 if anyone needs it pm me
Old March 22nd, 2009, 05:22 AM
Hikari Ven
Trainer

Thanks for the congrats guys .

Well I'm eagerly awaiting the release of Platinum. I couldn't go get it this morning, but when we drop mom off to work I'm picking up my 2 copies. I'll be playing through one copy, and I will be SRing for shiny Chimchar on the second copy.

I'm also going to do a test and see if I can transfer the Darkrai wondercard from my Japanese Platinum to my English Platinum. If it is possible, I will possibly SR for another shiny Darkrai. I doubt it will work, but I'll cross my fingers that it does.

Congrats to new shinies everyone.

EDIT: Got my Platinum, currently playing through the game. I wonder if I'll get a random shiny while playing through the game .

Last edited by Hikari Ven; March 22nd, 2009 at 07:13 AM.
Old March 22nd, 2009, 02:01 PM
MetalMario
Donator Tier 4

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MetalMario
Quote:
Platinum's RNG is broken. So that means that Storm just got EXTREMELY lucky. This is just great. Now how the hell am I going to get a shiny Arceus?
Be more specific. If it's *just* that the clock seeding restarts everyday then we have nothing to worry about. There are 86400 seconds in a day, and a set of about 4000 possible random values you can get for each of them. (We know from the Emerald fiasco that going through the menus to get a Pokémon gives a distribution about 200 samples wide, and Platinum (should) seed(s) from the time spent on the title screen as well, so there's another factor of 200.)

So even if this is true, we're still looking at a distribution about 345600000 samples wide--waay more than you need to get that perfect shiny.

Now then, March has just gotten a little bit more mad. Saw this guy on my DS while watching Mythbusters:

page 1 page 2 page 3 osu!

Ironically enough, I found shiny Palkia while watching Mythbusters. And I don't watch the show *that* much! D=

But alas, there's no rest for the wicked. I'm moving straight on to hunting Rotom (Pearl) and Turtwig (Platinum). I'll be sure to sit down with this guy and EV him soon enough. (I was so relieved to find my Modest synch worked! It would be so sad if it didn't, seeing how my old one was Modest.)
Don't want to see another generation drop

I'd rather be a comma than a full stop

osu!
stream
github
latest shiny: Boldore (Oct.30/11)
Old March 22nd, 2009, 02:05 PM
Le Krome
Hi iM sPeNcEr

:O
Congrats, you finally did it!
EDIT: By that, I mean got your revenge :P
And yeah, I've heard that Platinum's not going to even be terrible. Yay!
So still nothing new for me... This is retarded. I deserve a new shiny D:<
I'm going to raise up a Wigglytuff or Parasect on LeafGreen, along with a Cubone so I can hunt the birds. My first one will be Articuno, since I have already obtained a normal one on FireRed. Hopefully the final 3 days of March, which I have off (Weekend + 1 Week Day) will give me some fun.
Good luck to all.
i am a god
Old March 22nd, 2009, 02:40 PM
super onii chan
I think I'm here to stay

Nature: Adamant
man my bro is taking to long to get my platinum from gamestop D<. In the mean while, in LG I'm just running around the cave hoping for a shiny.
Soul Silver FC- One sec...
Old March 22nd, 2009, 04:26 PM
Le Krome
Hi iM sPeNcEr

Yes, I love you too March Madness. Thanks!
I'll update this post with a video link in a bit.
Yay, Shiny Drought Over!

EDIT: Click here, but it's not amazing
Not the best, but I tried. Jumpy and all :P
i am a god

Last edited by Le Krome; March 22nd, 2009 at 04:42 PM.
Old March 23rd, 2009, 08:25 AM
Shadow Chaos
Has gone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer302 View Post
Haha I main as Ken. If you had a ps3 I would play you. I am not as poor as most people with him that spam shoryuken.

Anyway. I have been way to busy with school work recently to do any hunting. I get assignments every Monday all due in the following Monday so I never have time to hunt but with the release of Platinum today. I will pick up hunting again in 2 weeks when I am on holiday.
Yo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMario View Post
Be more specific. If it's *just* that the clock seeding restarts everyday then we have nothing to worry about. There are 86400 seconds in a day, and a set of about 4000 possible random values you can get for each of them. (We know from the Emerald fiasco that going through the menus to get a Pokémon gives a distribution about 200 samples wide, and Platinum (should) seed(s) from the time spent on the title screen as well, so there's another factor of 200.)

So even if this is true, we're still looking at a distribution about 345600000 samples wide--waay more than you need to get that perfect shiny.

Now then, March has just gotten a little bit more mad. Saw this guy on my DS while watching Mythbusters:

page 1 page 2 page 3 osu!

Ironically enough, I found shiny Palkia while watching Mythbusters. And I don't watch the show *that* much! D=

But alas, there's no rest for the wicked. I'm moving straight on to hunting Rotom (Pearl) and Turtwig (Platinum). I'll be sure to sit down with this guy and EV him soon enough. (I was so relieved to find my Modest synch worked! It would be so sad if it didn't, seeing how my old one was Modest.)
Mega-congratulations on the restored Dialga. \o/

Quote:

Yes, I love you too March Madness. Thanks!
I'll update this post with a video link in a bit.
Yay, Shiny Drought Over!

EDIT: Click here, but it's not amazing
Not the best, but I tried. Jumpy and all :P
Congratulations on the Tangela. =D
Later...
Old March 23rd, 2009, 09:27 AM
Dark Steelix Lv X
Final Atomic Buster

Wow lol congrats S_D on mudkip!

Lol myth that you can't get back a lost shiny, BUSTED!
Congrats on the new dialga MM!!

And awesome Tangela too IHC, lol long hunt over.

I picked up platinum yesterday but was pretty mad that I didn't get the pre-order bonus Giratina figure since the guy told me I was supposed to get it when I made the reservation. Bull simply bull. Every other time I've reserved something it's always been get the Bonus thing when you pick up the game. There was no mention on the wall poster that said pick up with pre-order or anything like that. So yeah I'm pretty mad as I really wanted that figure :/ Least I managed to pick up a used GBA SP classic edition for $15 cdn at a fleamarket (EB games/Gamestop have them at $40), yay more platforms to SR on, and I don't have to worry about damaging it like my Pikachu edition one.
Anyways going to resume my Turwig hunt for Jpn platinum. I really hope march madness hits me next :P.
~Total: 64 Latest: ~GRIMER~

+ Unown !, Skarmory, Uxie, Treecko, Torchic, Palkia, Metapod, Rotom, Voltorb, Mudkip, Darkrai, Shaymin, Azelf, Mewtwo, Electrode, Machop, Trapinch, Grimer
Credit to Yami Zidane

TARGETS:
Old March 23rd, 2009, 09:54 AM
Birdy
Metagross Breeder

hello i like shiny pokemon but i have neva caught one b4 only red gyrados if its counted my fav shiny pokemon is shiny Metagross his silver body looks awesome look it up and youll agree its looks awesome also can i join le club
This signature has been disabled.
Too tall. Please amend to fit our standards. Thank you.
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old March 24th, 2009, 05:03 AM
Dark Steelix Lv X
Final Atomic Buster

Hunting Numel and mad Irony happened:
[/SPOILER]

WAD!! 6:20PM ish I was watching Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares and I went to get a glass of juice right as I was encountering something on my game. I sit back down and look at the screen, and go "Wait? what?! is that Machop brown?! Oh !%@$ Shiny!!!" I paralyzed it, then weakened it slowly with magikarp tackles, then I threw a Premier Ball and it broke out. A 2nd one did the trick and was caught. I nicknamed him Hulk since its evolved forms are green meh.
Behold my "new" GBA SP retro, Ruby in the slot!
It's Quiet...too Quiet *shifty eyes*
Weaksauce stats

The meh thing about it is I already have a shiny Machop that I caught on my FR back in '07. Though it is a female one (with better nature and stats :p), so now I've got a male companion for it. Lol least its a new shiny and for march madness too yay! my drought since January is over. I'm hoping Numel will follow soon. Or maybe even Turtwig in Platinum...
~Total: 64 Latest: ~GRIMER~

+ Unown !, Skarmory, Uxie, Treecko, Torchic, Palkia, Metapod, Rotom, Voltorb, Mudkip, Darkrai, Shaymin, Azelf, Mewtwo, Electrode, Machop, Trapinch, Grimer
Credit to Yami Zidane

TARGETS:
Old March 24th, 2009, 09:11 AM
Shadow Chaos
Has gone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdy View Post
hello i like shiny pokemon but i have neva caught one b4 only red gyrados if its counted my fav shiny pokemon is shiny Metagross his silver body looks awesome look it up and youll agree its looks awesome also can i join le club
Welcome, Birdy!! Wait till MetalMario gives you a proper invite, but you can hang out and post and Shiny Hunt with us. 8D

Quote:
Spoiler:

WAD!! 6:20PM ish I was watching Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares and I went to get a glass of juice right as I was encountering something on my game. I sit back down and look at the screen, and go "Wait? what?! is that Machop brown?! Oh !%@$ Shiny!!!" I paralyzed it, then weakened it slowly with magikarp tackles, then I threw a Premier Ball and it broke out. A 2nd one did the trick and was caught. I nicknamed him Hulk since its evolved forms are green meh.
Weaksauce stats

The meh thing about it is I already have a shiny Machop that I caught on my FR back in '07. Though it is a female one (with better nature and stats :p), so now I've got a male companion for it. Lol least its a new shiny and for march madness too yay! my drought since January is over. I'm hoping Numel will follow soon. Or maybe even Turtwig in Platinum...
Congratulations on the Machop. =D

;__; Everyone is getting something for March but not me... Yet!! *goes of to hatch some more*
Later...
Old March 24th, 2009, 01:55 PM
MetalMario
Donator Tier 4

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MetalMario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdy View Post
Welcome to the club, Birdy!

Quote:
Spoiler:

Weaksauce stats

Be careful that it doesn't steal your bike, or you might have to run after it in a pink jumpsuit.

Quote:
shiny Arceus
Nickname: "GoldenCalf" :D And nice one with the Tangela!

So, Dialga took 5393 resets total--less than half as many as the first time, but still not spectacularly lucky. Turtwig on Platinum is my current priority, with a bit of Rotom at night. I'd do more Rotom, but it's annoying taking Pearl with me, since I can't SR on it throughout most of the day.

(I love you, Firefox! I closed the tab with this post by mistake, but Undo Close Tab brought back the form text! )

And GJ with the Tangela, IHC, just in case I didn't mention.
Don't want to see another generation drop

I'd rather be a comma than a full stop

osu!
stream
github
latest shiny: Boldore (Oct.30/11)
Old March 24th, 2009, 02:44 PM
Le Krome
Hi iM sPeNcEr

Wow, congrats on the Machop D_S! I've kinda been itching to get one in FR/LG, but I'm not to optimistic with the shiny Geodude popping out and exploding probability... xP
And yeah, you said it 2 or 3 times, xD
But man, it's so cool that you finally avenged Dialga! Now to re-conquer Kyogre!
Thanks for all the congrats as well, everyone!

So now I'm gonna divert from one of the Birds on LeafGreen for the time being, and now I gotta focus on training up a Parasect/Wigglytuff and Marowak/Scyther for Sing/False Swipe. Or, I could pray and hope for the best with my GBA Link. I kinda lost my urge to hunt on FireRed, due to going 180 Hours of Gameplay (About 20-40 hours are wasted/storyline play)... But that's still a lot. LeafGreen, with 20 hours is so kind as to spit out a fast shiny... I'll get its exact IVs sometime this weekend, but I know that it has a better attack than special attack... Ah, well. Still, I was EXTREMELY close to making that my longest hunt ever. Thank goodness it shone before that! :P
So yeah, I'm gonna LeafGreen Hunt only now, after I trade over some Legends, Timer Balls, and Repeat Balls. For the Elite Four and so I don't have to do the stupid One Island Mission. Reason being; I don't want to release the dog yet. I have plans on Soft Resetting for a shiny one. But the problem is, it's gonna take a while. Oh, well.
Thanks again, everyone, and good luck to all!
i am a god
Old March 25th, 2009, 03:08 PM
It's Just Fufu
Nostalgia is powerful.

Nature: Hasty
Congrats to everyone on their new shinies. Especially you, MM, you really deserve your Dialga after losing it! ^_^

I don't have Platinum yet, but I look forward to soft resetting for Piplup when I get mine. Good luck to everyone else soft resetting!
I LOVE SHINY POKEMON!

Credit goes to ShinysHunters Forum for the image.

Old March 25th, 2009, 08:48 PM
DDD'SSCEPTILE
GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DDD'SSCEPTILE
Jeez louise.....

Did things catch on fire or what....?

Congratulations everyone.. '

I wish I had good news to speak of for myself, but I don't... except I do have Platinum, and I'm standing right in the middle of the Battle Frontier.

My next objective is to trade over the rest of my shiny fighters, so I have to catch about 34 junk Pokemon... that's a lot of catching.

Another thing that sucks is that my Staraptor, Snorlax, and others that use Return will have to become loyal all over again. That's fine; I plan to use them in the Frontier facilities.

But first....

I want to be one of the first to get a US Platinum shiny!! I already have one in mind. It'll be tough though, for 2 reasons:

1. It's a hard Pokemon to chain.

2. The grass looks different.

Yeah, it looks different. They redid the sprites. I'm not sure if it's easier to tell them apart or not...

I guess I'll find out soon enough!

As far as Magikarp goes.... I'll resume hatching on Diamond soon.
I hatched 2,600 before I stopped on Platinum Day.

Last edited by DDD'SSCEPTILE; March 25th, 2009 at 10:08 PM. Reason: catching, not training, idjit..
Old March 26th, 2009, 08:54 AM
Shadow Chaos
Has gone...

Out of the blue bad luck, I guess: What are the chances of your game randomly freezing for no reason, having to restart from the last save, and losing 6 Eggs that might have held a Shiny... ^^; I'm hoping that this isn't the case here, but knowing me...
Later...
Old March 26th, 2009, 09:48 AM
Razer302
Three Days Grace - Break

Nature: Quiet
I am SRing for a Spiritomb right now at any chance I get. Won't be able to after tomorrow and me also starting to make sigs again has stopped me.

Side note: What you think to my work in progress sig?
Shiny Value 275 if anyone needs it pm me
Old March 27th, 2009, 03:54 AM
Hikari Ven
Trainer

I finished Platinum yesterday and I got my first Pokeradar shiny:

I didn't have much trouble getting to 40, I was used to chaining in Platinum, as I have the Japanese Version. I did get a chain to 30 yesterday evening, but a Bidoof broke it.

Other than that, no new shinies from me. Still hunting on One Island, with no shiny in sight. I'm hoping that something appears before the end of this month, or at least the end of April.
Old March 27th, 2009, 08:45 AM
Shadow Chaos
Has gone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer302 View Post
I am SRing for a Spiritomb right now at any chance I get. Won't be able to after tomorrow and me also starting to make sigs again has stopped me.

Side note: What you think to my work in progress sig?
Good luck on Spiritomb, and One Piece sig for the win. =D

Quote:

I finished Platinum yesterday and I got my first Pokeradar shiny:

I didn't have much trouble getting to 40, I was used to chaining in Platinum, as I have the Japanese Version. I did get a chain to 30 yesterday evening, but a Bidoof broke it.

Other than that, no new shinies from me. Still hunting on One Island, with no shiny in sight. I'm hoping that something appears before the end of this month, or at least the end of April.
Congrats on the Platinum Radar Shiny. =D

>>To DDD: I am half way to the amount of Magikarp Eggs that you've hatched: 1,300.
Later...
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here