The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 27th, 2009, 09:56 AM
DDD'SSCEPTILE
GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DDD'SSCEPTILE
Smooth, congrats on that Shinx.

I could be chaining right now, but no. I keep getting set up by that **** who said "can you please hold my Pokemon for me?"

He said he would be there yesterday. I even received his message the same time we were on. I waited all evening. Nothing. No response, no nothing.

I'm never, I repeat, I am NEVER doing something like this ever again. And to beat it all, like all but 3 of the Pokemon I'm holding for him are hacked BS. I should just release them all and say my usual "Cheaters never prosper" and the fact that I am very disappointed in him as I thought he had potential.

While I wait, I'm powering up my Return Pokemon. 1 down, 3 - 4 to go. Doesn't take long. I'm also gonna try and beat Palmer in the Battle Tower once, at least, then try out Battle Factory, and then head for the hills and get to chaining.

I'll resume hatching for Magikarp soon. I hatch here and there but it's only like 2 - 3 eggs.

Good luck everyone!

Remember to never get "chained" down by someone!!! >=(
Old March 27th, 2009, 12:26 PM
Razer302
Three Days Grace - Break

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Chaos View Post
Good luck on Spiritomb, and One Piece sig for the win. =D
You should check out my video in my profile, have a few other great one piece ones from the Enies Lobby Arc, with some great music. One is Bullet For My valentine other is Three Days Grace.

On another note, I have done around 1000 SRs today for Spiritomb with no luck. I do it while playing Call Of Duty on my PS3, every time I die I do one Sr before I respawn, works great.
Old March 27th, 2009, 02:17 PM
MetalMario
Donator Tier 4

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MetalMario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite Heartless Core View Post
But man, it's so cool that you finally avenged Dialga! Now to re-conquer Kyogre!
I never had a shiny Kyogre. .__. Rotom's the only non-Radar shiny I'm still missing. (Including a random encounter Geodude! :D Oh, and a dupe Fearow, who's not particularly missed.)

Quote:
Out of the blue bad luck, I guess: What are the chances of your game randomly freezing for no reason, having to restart from the last save, and losing 6 Eggs that might have held a Shiny... ; I'm hoping that this isn't the case here, but knowing me...
Don't stress over unhatched eggs. You're best off not thinking about it and considering them undecided. Kinda like quantum theory, I guess. If an event's decided but its outcome hasn't been determined, don't bother thinking of it as even being determined.

Since those 6 eggs still have the regular odds, you probably aren't missing anything.

My main current target at present is Rotom, though I could be mixing up any of my other targets as well, including Chikorita, Kyogre, and Turtwig. Also the Pokéradar if I get bored.

I have so many shinies to EV, I'll be headed for another training session soon.

I'd rather be a comma than a full stop

osu!
stream
github
latest shiny: Boldore (Oct.30/11)
Old March 28th, 2009, 02:09 PM
Le Krome
Hi iM sPeNcEr

Nature: Lonely
Looks like someone's back into chaining. *points to self*
Congrats on all recent shinies.
And, I'm not sure why I thought you did, MM. I'm confuzzled.

Anyways, I was chaining Voltorb this morning. There was a shiny patch, on the border, and where I couldn't see. It just had that same laggy thing that makes you know it's a shining Pokémon's patch. So I passed on that. I reset the Radar for about 10 more minutes, and a beautiful Blue Voltorb jumped on out. About 5 minutes after that, I used a Repel, but the game glitched and sent me into a wild Battle. So I only got one. But it has 22 for Attack, 25 for Special Attack, and 31 for Speed. I have been getting some good shiny IVs lately :O
I'm getting all of my FireRed Pokémon over to LeafGreen, to get through the E4 faster, and to transfer some Repeat Balls. This may also get me the National Dex, so I can just buy some Timer and Repeat Balls myself. But I kinda have an urge to hunt the shiny dogs. And again, on the other hand, there is too much time required to do that. My new "Secret" hunt on Ruby (coughlatioscough) took about 15 minutes to appear. Much too long.
So that's it for now, and good luck to all.
Old March 28th, 2009, 09:20 PM
MetalMario
Donator Tier 4

I was hunting for shiny Kyogre last summer, which is probably where you're getting it from. Kyogre's somewhere down my priority list, behind Rotom and Turtwig. Completing Sapphire will grant me access to Beldum and Rayquaza, and I'm not completing it without pulling out a shiny Kyogre, so it'll eventually happen.

(I could always chain Beldum now that there's a Thunderpunch tutor, but the sandstorm creeps me out, along with their catch rate. .__.)

I've also had it in my mind to hunt for a shiny Suicune, but that'd only be after at least three plays through Leaf Green, which has kind of hit the backburner as well.

1992 Rotoms.

osu!
stream
github
Old March 29th, 2009, 12:31 AM
Feline
Totodile Lover

hi guyz can i join i got a shiny starter for the first time my fav shiny pokemon is shiny totodile

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old March 29th, 2009, 10:11 AM
MetalMario
Donator Tier 4

*feels awkward making every other post*

Welcome to the club, Feline!

Sadly, we don't count shinies from G/S/C, nor do we count shinies from emulators. You're still quite welcome to hunt for them on the newer games. I have a shiny Meganium on my Crystal. (1/64 breeding trick)

osu!
stream
github
Old March 29th, 2009, 10:32 AM
Deidara
"Art Is A Bang"

hello, i was wondering if i could join this shiny hunter club.

im pretty new to Platinum but currently im hatching eggs for a shiny beldum, other than that i dont have too many shinies.

so am i in?
Old March 29th, 2009, 11:58 AM
Le Krome
Hi iM sPeNcEr

Eh, I've done that before, MM. =P
I guess I'll be the first to welcome you, Deidara. What are the current shinies you have?

My brother found a shiny Poochyena while I was handing him the game last night... I encountered it, and handed it to him, and we was like, WOW, LOOK! And I look over and the damn dog was sitting there, all golden. So he did about 400 more Soft Resets without a shiny, so I told him to just save. Later, we just made a new profile with a cooler ID No.

I haven't done much other hunting than for Rare Candies with my Meowth in Diglett's Cave. I accidentally let one of them Evolve, so I gotta go get another Lv. 31 Meowth for some PIckup/Pay Day action. I got a ton of money with it, too. xD
Old March 29th, 2009, 12:03 PM
Deidara
"Art Is A Bang"

well so far in Platinum i haven't found any yet, but in DP i ran into a shiny ponyta.

thats pretty much all the luck i have had, but im looking into hunting more shinies.
Old March 29th, 2009, 12:45 PM
Feline
Totodile Lover

ok if your not counting G/S/C im back to 0 but hunting for shinys is fun

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old March 30th, 2009, 08:25 AM
Shadow Chaos
Has gone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer302 View Post
You should check out my video in my profile, have a few other great one piece ones from the Enies Lobby Arc, with some great music. One is Bullet For My valentine other is Three Days Grace. [...]
Alright, I'll check it out later.

EDIT: Awesome video. I loved Enies Lobby Arc, especially that battle battle between Gear 2 Luffy and Lucci. D: Jet Gatling for the win. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMario View Post
[...]Don't stress over unhatched eggs. You're best off not thinking about it and considering them undecided. Kinda like quantum theory, I guess. If an event's decided but its outcome hasn't been determined, don't bother thinking of it as even being determined.

Since those 6 eggs still have the regular odds, you probably aren't missing anything.

[...]
Very well then. Quantum Theory. XD Good luck on Rotom. =D

Quote:
Spoiler:
Looks like someone's back into chaining. *points to self*
Congrats on all recent shinies.
And, I'm not sure why I thought you did, MM. I'm confuzzled.

Anyways, I was chaining Voltorb this morning. There was a shiny patch, on the border, and where I couldn't see. It just had that same laggy thing that makes you know it's a shining Pokémon's patch. So I passed on that. I reset the Radar for about 10 more minutes, and a beautiful Blue Voltorb jumped on out. About 5 minutes after that, I used a Repel, but the game glitched and sent me into a wild Battle. So I only got one. But it has 22 for Attack, 25 for Special Attack, and 31 for Speed. I have been getting some good shiny IVs lately :O
I'm getting all of my FireRed Pokémon over to LeafGreen, to get through the E4 faster, and to transfer some Repeat Balls. This may also get me the National Dex, so I can just buy some Timer and Repeat Balls myself. But I kinda have an urge to hunt the shiny dogs. And again, on the other hand, there is too much time required to do that. My new "Secret" hunt on Ruby (coughlatioscough) took about 15 minutes to appear. Much too long.
Congratulations on Voltorb.

And welcome, Feline & Deidara, have a good time here. =D

I'm currently at 1356, was busy during the weekend, so I didn't do much hatching, and since March Madness ends tomorrow night at 00:00, I plan to give it the most I got in hatching Eggs. Good luck to all.

Last edited by Shadow Chaos; March 30th, 2009 at 09:30 AM.
Old March 30th, 2009, 11:25 AM
Razer302
Three Days Grace - Break

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Alright, I'll check it out later.

EDIT: Awesome video. I loved Enies Lobby Arc, especially that battle battle between Gear 2 Luffy and Lucci. D: Jet Gatling for the win.
Enies Lobby is my favourite arc, has the best story. Look for a video called One Piece Never To Late. Another great video about the story of Robin.

Nothing new from me, been trying to get at least 1 shiny in March but haven't had any luck. Work has been really busy for me so I have lost a lot of time due to it. I will pick up after June once my exams finish.
Old March 30th, 2009, 08:56 PM
Lady Demoonica Darkmoon
Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner

Nature: Adamant
Hi. Congratulations to everyone for all their catches, welcome to all the new members, and sadly I have nothing to update about.

Demoonica's Fan Fiction
Co-Owner of the Shiny Hunters Club
Old March 30th, 2009, 10:35 PM
DDD'SSCEPTILE
GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DDD'SSCEPTILE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Demoonica Darkmoon View Post
Hi. Congratulations to everyone for all their catches, welcome to all the new members, and sadly I have nothing to update about.
We still love you though.

After much long wait (too long), I finally have my first Platinum shiny:

VIDEO

It's Swablu!!

And it was also a pain in the *** to chain!!

Why, I don't know. In Platinum it supposedly has a 30% encounter rate... I finally met my first chain attempt (37) and made it to 40 on about the 8th try. I had to REALLY take it slow and do a wonderful job about what grasses I entered. I assume I was just too experimental during those other times....

However...

There is something I'm beginning to really wonder about, and that is your Trainer ID Score. Someone told me that it affects whether your chain will advance or not, the probability of it when you enter grass...

And, of course, I just got Platinum. My score is/was like 3,800 if that. Very little.

On Pearl it was higher. I did have some trouble there IIRC (Misdreavus, anyone?) at first, but remember, my latter efforts went untested in the forms of Slowpoke, flawless Caterpie, and Grimer (except it broke on the first shiny) and I had fits with the rain thereafter).

So could there be something to this?

I'm itching to try it on Diamond where I should be nearly invincible since I have over a whopping 50,000 Trainer ID Score points, but I don't want to screw over my Magikarp chances, which I'll get back to shortly.

I checked on Pearl and I have double my Platinum score.

But it's probably all just hogwash and bad luck on my part.

But I finally have my shiny Swablu and thankfully the chain did not break so I am going to try and catch many more.

Unfortunately I do not have a participant for March Madness however I doubt any of us would be able to catch Storm Dragoon.

Good luck everyone
Old March 30th, 2009, 11:24 PM
MetalMario
Donator Tier 4

Zomg, Demoonica! *glomps*

I have outages like that, too. I was gone for most of the month of Feburary.

You could always go chaining if you need something to talk about.

osu!
stream
github
Old March 31st, 2009, 02:50 AM
Le Krome
Hi iM sPeNcEr

:O
Welcome back, M'Lady. :P

Dang, grats on that Swablu, DDD. The shiny patch got screwed up in Platinum :3

Hahaha, but not anymore, MM!

Nothing new here, but I'm gonna go chain and Meowth Pickup Train on One Island.
Good luck, all.

EDIT: And my Trainer Score is only 3,200 DDD. But it takes forever to get to 40, let alone the shiny patch. But in my original Diamond, I have... Probably a score of 5-6 Thousand, and that file is much better. But yeah...

I chained some Bidoof today.
I'll put in a link with my next edit.

EDIT #2: Click here to watch the Shiny Bidoof w/Shiny Patch video. I'm content with my newly recovered chaining abilities.

Last edited by Le Krome; March 31st, 2009 at 07:48 AM.
Old March 31st, 2009, 01:27 PM
Lady Demoonica Darkmoon
Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner

Nature: Adamant
*laughs* I'll try guys. No promises though.

Demoonica's Fan Fiction
Co-Owner of the Shiny Hunters Club
Old March 31st, 2009, 02:23 PM
LordxDanswich
Lord of the Sammich!

Nature: Docile
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LordxDanswich
It's been a long time since i posted here, and even longer since i had a shiny.
The main reason is that i'd been burned out on shiny hunting lately, i just couldn't find any motivation to do so.

Anyway, today i was chaining pokemon to ev train my shiny magnezone, and the chain ended up breaking, to a shiny bidoof

By far not the best shiny in the world, but it's been absolutely ages since i had a random encounter shiny, and i do mean ages.

I'll get pictures up later

I think it's safe to say i'm back, back to shiny hunting :D

Kindle Road
Current Location/Target
Credit to Pokesho for the Ponyta image

Last edited by LordxDanswich; March 31st, 2009 at 02:36 PM.
Old March 31st, 2009, 05:34 PM
Hikari Ven
Trainer

Shiny Ponyta finally appeared to me in LeafGreen after several thousand encounters :D. I turned away from my DS just as I got into the battle. I was busy with something when I heard Ponyta's cry, followed by the shiny sound. I was in total shock, I figured that I'd get either shiny Geodude/Machop(two of the Pokemon I didn't want). I'm very excited that shiny Ponyta appeared instead.

After a fairly short battle, I caught it in my third Ultra Ball(I didn't want to use False Swipe because I didn't know if Ponyta had Take Down, luckily it didn't)

More pictures:

DS shot
Shiny Ponyta, Impish nature
Flash Fire ability and stats

Now I'll be continuing to hunt for my secret shiny in FireRed. I'm hoping it doesn't take nearly as many encounters as shiny Ponyta did. Congrats to new shinies everyone .
Old March 31st, 2009, 05:48 PM
Le Krome
Hi iM sPeNcEr

Congrats, to the both of you!
I've re-started Articuno SRing; I'm around 2,450 now.
It'll shine sometime during my Spring Break in 2 weeks. I just know it.
And what high-quality cameras do you all use?! They seem to be fantastic, and I really wanna get one sometime.
Old March 31st, 2009, 06:25 PM
Shadow Chaos
Has gone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer302 View Post
Enies Lobby is my favourite arc, has the best story. Look for a video called One Piece Never To Late. Another great video about the story of Robin.

Spoiler:
Nothing new from me, been trying to get at least 1 shiny in March but haven't had any luck. Work has been really busy for me so I have lost a lot of time due to it. I will pick up after June once my exams finish.
Will do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Demoonica Darkmoon View Post
Yo! It's been a while, welcome back. :D

Now all we need is Yami to return and the Big Three shall be reunited again. >D

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDD'SSCEPTILE View Post
Spoiler:
We still love you though. :)

After much long wait (too long), I finally have my first Platinum shiny:

VIDEO

It's Swablu!!

And it was also a pain in the *** to chain!!

Why, I don't know. In Platinum it supposedly has a 30% encounter rate... I finally met my first chain attempt (37) and made it to 40 on about the 8th try. I had to REALLY take it slow and do a wonderful job about what grasses I entered. I assume I was just too experimental during those other times....

However...

There is something I'm beginning to really wonder about, and that is your Trainer ID Score. Someone told me that it affects whether your chain will advance or not, the probability of it when you enter grass...

And, of course, I just got Platinum. My score is/was like 3,800 if that. Very little.

On Pearl it was higher. I did have some trouble there IIRC (Misdreavus, anyone?) at first, but remember, my latter efforts went untested in the forms of Slowpoke, flawless Caterpie, and Grimer (except it broke on the first shiny) and I had fits with the rain thereafter).

So could there be something to this?

I'm itching to try it on Diamond where I should be nearly invincible since I have over a whopping 50,000 Trainer ID Score points, but I don't want to screw over my Magikarp chances, which I'll get back to shortly.

I checked on Pearl and I have double my Platinum score.

But it's probably all just hogwash and bad luck on my part.

But I finally have my shiny Swablu and thankfully the chain did not break so I am going to try and catch many more.

Unfortunately I do not have a participant for March Madness however I doubt any of us would be able to catch Storm Dragoon.

Good luck everyone
Congratulations on the Swablu. :D

Quote:
Spoiler:
Welcome back, M'Lady. :P

Dang, grats on that Swablu, DDD. The shiny patch got screwed up in Platinum :3

Hahaha, but not anymore, MM!

Nothing new here, but I'm gonna go chain and Meowth Pickup Train on One Island.
Good luck, all.

EDIT: And my Trainer Score is only 3,200 DDD. But it takes forever to get to 40, let alone the shiny patch. But in my original Diamond, I have... Probably a score of 5-6 Thousand, and that file is much better. But yeah...

I chained some Bidoof today.
I'll put in a link with my next edit.

EDIT #2: Click here to watch the Shiny Bidoof w/Shiny Patch video. I'm content with my newly recovered chaining abilities.
Congraulations on the Bidoof. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Danswich View Post
It's been a long time since i posted here, and even longer since i had a shiny.
Spoiler:
The main reason is that i'd been burned out on shiny hunting lately, i just couldn't find any motivation to do so.

Anyway, today i was chaining pokemon to ev train my shiny magnezone, and the chain ended up breaking, to a shiny bidoof :)

By far not the best shiny in the world, but it's been absolutely ages since i had a random encounter shiny, and i do mean ages.

I'll get pictures up later

I think it's safe to say i'm back, back to shiny hunting :D

Welcome back, good to see you around, and congratulations on the Bidoof as well. :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm_Dragoon View Post
Spoiler:

Shiny Ponyta finally appeared to me in LeafGreen after several thousand encounters :D. I turned away from my DS just as I got into the battle. I was busy with something when I heard Ponyta's cry, followed by the shiny sound. I was in total shock, I figured that I'd get either shiny Geodude/Machop(two of the Pokemon I didn't want). I'm very excited that shiny Ponyta appeared instead.

After a fairly short battle, I caught it in my third Ultra Ball(I didn't want to use False Swipe because I didn't know if Ponyta had Take Down, luckily it didn't)

More pictures:

DS shot
Shiny Ponyta, Impish nature
Flash Fire ability and stats

Now I'll be continuing to hunt for my secret shiny in FireRed. I'm hoping it doesn't take nearly as many encounters as shiny Ponyta did. Congrats to new shinies everyone ^_^.
Congratulations on the Ponyta. :D Winner for the most "Non-Chained" Shiny Pokemon caught. XD

Only an hour and a few minutes left for March Madness to be over (for me at least), then I'll begin a Chain hunt at midnight to take a break from hatching so many Eggs. Later.
Old March 31st, 2009, 06:31 PM
Feline
Totodile Lover

i can never find shinys it annoying

Old March 31st, 2009, 07:12 PM
Deidara
"Art Is A Bang"

wow alot of new shinies you guys, congrats to all of you :D

as for me nothing yet, though i dont think anyone has admitted me into the club either.

just do it whenever you get the chance.

Good luck everyone
Old March 31st, 2009, 07:27 PM
Feline
Totodile Lover

im gonna give up on catching shinys im still gonna stay a member in this cclub but im gonna just give up for now

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links