Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs
Reload this Page ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old April 10th, 2009 (05:53 PM). Edited April 10th, 2009 by DDD'SSCEPTILE.
GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DDD'SSCEPTILE
Err, wow, what a way to hijack the thread o_o

First of all, based upon recent discoveries and/or rule changes, planned Emerald and Platinum PRNG shinies do NOT count here. MetalMario said this himself.

Second of all,

Quote:
Method Two~
Tested and works! Platinum Only!

Breed two different country Pokemon. One has to be from your game.

Example: Breed a JPN Ditto with your (english/dutch/french...) Torchic.

Chance: 1/2048

"Platinum Only" is BS.

Junichi Masuda posted this on his blog in 2007, before there was even mention of Platinum.

It works on Diamond & Pearl too. Myself and Storm_Dragoon just proved this I believe...

While I do believe you'll be admitted, Rey, I have to agree with IHC, that was sort of uncool. =\
It's not about talking shinies, it's about being a member.

Nevertheless...

I'm working on my next hot egg target. Contrary to what I just said, I myself am still not fully convinced of Junichi Masuda's method. After the egg chain fiasco, I feel like I need a lot of proof.

A lot. =/

So I'm putting my other targets on hold til I hatch another shiny. I've hatched all day again today but it just hasn't felt right since it's been raining.
I think I'll have to go a lot farther than before in order to snatch this one away.

I'm getting used to this.

Good luck everyone
Old April 10th, 2009 (06:04 PM).
:^)

Nature: Lonely
Have fun, DDD. I wish I had foreigners to be my breeding slaves.
For now, I'm using the Run-Away Zapdos Method... Where you encounter, run away, run out and in of the Power Plant on the Left, and Zapdos LIVES ON! xD
It gets you an extra encounter/reset per 2 minutes, so that can add up after long lengths of time.

Good luck, to all.
Old April 10th, 2009 (06:11 PM). Edited April 10th, 2009 by Working Class Hero.
Crystal Tier

Send a message via AIM to Working Class Hero
Quote originally posted by DDD'SSCEPTILE:
Err, wow, what a way to hijack the thread o_o

First of all, based upon recent discoveries and/or rule changes, planned Emerald and Platinum PRNG shinies do NOT count here. MetalMario said this himself.

Second of all,

"Platinum Only" is BS.

Junichi Masuda posted this on his blog in 2007, before there was even mention of Platinum.

It works on Diamond & Pearl too. Myself and Storm_Dragoon just proved this I believe...
No need to be rude. I was only repeating what the only sources I could find said. So, we cant talk about shiny hunting methods here? And how was I supposed to know RNG shinnies don't count? I am not going to read the entire thread to make sure. I am going to read the first post only. Also, wouldn't chained shinnies be planned? I want some one to explain the differences between planning a shiny through RNG and through chaining. But okay, I wont talk about RNG shinnies anymore.

Sorry, I don't think you meant to come off as rude. I just take things that way sometimes. I don't mean those questions rudely either, I just want some clarification as you have been here awile, which I assume. Thanks for telling me.

lolmence
Old April 10th, 2009 (06:38 PM).

PokéRadar doesn't spit out shinies at specific intervals, but randomly. It isn't 100% set in stone. You can get a shiny patch at a chain of 1, or get it after a whole day of radar resetting at 40.

Anyways, I uploaded the video on how to use the runaway glitch for Zapdos. Thanks to TwilightBlade for telling me about it. :P

It can fit in an extra 0.5 Resets/Encounters per minute, and that can lead up to a lot over a long-term hunt.

I'll edit with the video link in about 20 minutes, for whoever is interested in the slightest.
Old April 10th, 2009 (06:45 PM).
Crystal Tier

Okay, you don't control when it comes up unless you reach 40+ and want a shiny. Or if you're lucky you get it early. It's s...

Anyways, I have been SRing for a shiny Rayquaza in Emerald for 4 months. :/

I'd watch it IHC.

lolmence
Old April 10th, 2009 (06:49 PM).

Stop hunting on Emerald, you already know about the RNG. D:<

Oh, and Clicky

I'm not sure what else it works for. Ask Lady Twilight.
Old April 10th, 2009 (07:21 PM).
Gold Tier

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MetalMario
Welcome to the club, Rey. Please be aware that only one of your RNG-exploit shinies may be counted for credit here, under the cert shinies rule. (Not that it matters... It's been so long since either the ShinyDex or SHC cards have been updated. =P) Still, exploiting a loophole to make something easy to get whose whole point is being stupidly rare is frowned upon. I hacked a shiny Sableye (for the lulz) and a shiny Manaphy (to prove the method to SR one), but I don't consider either of them real.

Oh, and Rotom pics: Wild Rotom Appeared! | Shiny Dex | Nickname screen | Page 1 | Page 2 | Page 3

Spent my free time today hatching Skorupi, but nothing yet. I dunno why everyone's getting theirs in ~50 tries when the odds are still 1/2048. =/

I'd rather be a comma than a full stop

osu!
stream
github
latest shiny: Boldore (Oct.30/11)
Old April 10th, 2009 (07:21 PM). Edited April 10th, 2009 by Working Class Hero.
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Infinite Heartless Core:
Stop hunting on Emerald, you already know about the RNG. D:<

Oh, and Clicky

I'm not sure what else it works for. Ask Lady Twilight.
The RNG trick only works if you have found a shiny before on that file. I haven't. And if I was doing the RNG trick I would have already gotten it. I wouldn't waste 4 months SRing. Psh, I wish I could do the RNG way. Nice video by the way.

I think I might hunt for a Shiny Palkia. Not sure.

Edit:

Just noticed you posted MM. Thanks for the welcome. I have a question though. The breeding of two different country parents, does that count as legit shinnies? Or no?

Edit:

Nevermind, didn't read your entire post. Congrats and good luck!

lolmence
Old April 10th, 2009 (08:11 PM).
Dragon Power

Nature: Jolly
hi guys.

Rotom looks great MM, Congrats.

I'm still a little confused about the RNG, I think there's a probability that in diamond and pearl some games may have the RNG broken, can someone verify this?
By the way, has someone caught a shiny mesprit before?

Well, I'm SRing between two of my targets and going strong.

In other news, have you noticed about the key that lets you go to the room where you can change rotom forms in platinum? Sounds cool that the event can be downloaded with wi-fi, but, Is it only for the USA?

Congratulations to any new shinies.
See you later guys and good look everyone hunting.
Old April 10th, 2009 (09:02 PM).
Gold Tier

Rey: Yes, the foreign parent breeding method ("Masuda Breeding") is legitimate, since it was put there by the developers on purpose, and provides only a reasonable boost to the odds.

Chr.Draco: The RNG is only "broken" in Emerald, per se. That is, Emerald's the only game where you can get 100% screwed out of SR shinies by the RNG, and, by the same token, have easy access to SR shinies if your save file is lucky.

On Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, the RNG isn't broken, but it can be predicted and manipulated, which is what's leading to these exploitative shinies.

osu!
stream
github
Old April 10th, 2009 (09:16 PM).

Quote originally posted by Rey:
No need to be rude. I was only repeating what the only sources I could find said. So, we cant talk about shiny hunting methods here? And how was I supposed to know RNG shinnies don't count? I am not going to read the entire thread to make sure. I am going to read the first post only. Also, wouldn't chained shinnies be planned? I want some one to explain the differences between planning a shiny through RNG and through chaining. But okay, I wont talk about RNG shinnies anymore.

Sorry, I don't think you meant to come off as rude. I just take things that way sometimes. I don't mean those questions rudely either, I just want some clarification as you have been here awile, which I assume. Thanks for telling me.
Well, I was just stating the facts. Sorry if it seemed like I snubbed you, it's just that I've been working on the Masuda method ever since MM brought it back up, and ever since then people have been confused about it so I try to iron out what's wrong.

You could have at least read the last couple of pages to catch up on things momentarily..

Quote originally posted by MetalMario:
Welcome to the club, Rey. Please be aware that only one of your RNG-exploit shinies may be counted for credit here, under the cert shinies rule. (Not that it matters... It's been so long since either the ShinyDex or SHC cards have been updated. =P) Still, exploiting a loophole to make something easy to get whose whole point is being stupidly rare is frowned upon. I hacked a shiny Sableye (for the lulz) and a shiny Manaphy (to prove the method to SR one), but I don't consider either of them real.

Oh, and Rotom pics: Wild Rotom Appeared! | Shiny Dex | Nickname screen | Page 1 | Page 2 | Page 3

Spent my free time today hatching Skorupi, but nothing yet. I dunno why everyone's getting theirs in ~50 tries when the odds are still 1/2048. =/
Really? Who are they (besides S_D) since I got my Eevee on the 171st egg and my current target is around 90 hatched so my personal record isn't as stellar. (At least not while using this Masuda method... Maybe I have better luck with the original odds? I kid, I kid)

Oh, yeah, I want to make sure, you're using one foreign and one English, right? I can't remember if I asked this or not... I've had like 600+ messages in one week... so things sometimes slip my mind.

Quote originally posted by Chr. Draco:
[...]

In other news, have you noticed about the key that lets you go to the room where you can change rotom forms in platinum? Sounds cool that the event can be downloaded with wi-fi, but, Is it only for the USA?

Congratulations to any new shinies.
See you later guys and good look everyone hunting.
I think it may be only for English Platinums. It's also supposed to be going on in Canada.

So if you have an English Platinum you might be able to snag one off the Wifi line.

The one drawback to breeding with foreign Pokemon is that you can't transfer natures.
Doesn't matter which is foreign - I put a certain Japanese Pokemon in with an English Ditto with Everstone and after about 20 eggs I only had 1 that was the right nature.

So I just scrapped both parents, swapped my Smeargle in and a female version of that Japanese Pokemon.

Good luck everyone, I have a busy weekend ahead of me.
Old April 11th, 2009 (03:38 AM).

Ugh...
I'm not sure on whether to keep on Run-Away Hunting Zapdos. Even though it gets in 0.5 Extra Encounters per minute, which is good in the long run, I am suspicious that the game doesn't spit out different Zapdos, therefore causing identical ones to appear. Why? Because people love to exploit RNGs, and it's making me paranoid. It's also the fact that 90% of my tests were proven correct. I would attack it, look at where it's health was, run away, and run back in. I would use the same attack. 90% of the time, it went to the same health. It DIDN'T go to the same health when Hypno and Articuno were paralyzed and were attacking it.

So I'll stick with Soft Resetting, for now.
I also NEED to get a new chain shiny. Stupid Diamond screwed me over WAY too many times yesterday.
Good luck, all.
Old April 11th, 2009 (03:03 PM).

Easter Peeps

Spoiler:

Haha! Yes! Only THIS one isn't headed to the microwave!

174th egg was shiny. =)

It has a Serious nature - not bad but not exactly good. Nevertheless it could've been a lot worse, I was worried it would be Relaxed..

Last night when I finally quit about 3 AM I had about 120 eggs. Same as before, I started hatching when I got up this morning. I was shooting for tomorrow, but it just had to hatch early. =P

Hee hee hee! Yes! YESH!!!

Good luck everyone =D

*dances*
Old April 11th, 2009 (07:48 PM). Edited April 11th, 2009 by MetalMario.
Gold Tier

I closed my DS while standing in front of a shiny patch, found early at only a 5-chain. I will only open it and catch the shiny in another 12 minutes for a reason which should become clear.

Edit: Easter Bunny GET!

Stat screen pics coming maybe.

osu!
stream
github
Old April 11th, 2009 (08:19 PM).
Pokémom
Silver Tier

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via ICQ to Akidatheart Send a message via AIM to Akidatheart Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Akidatheart Send a message via Yahoo to Akidatheart
Hi everybody.. Long time no see! I'm just taking a break from Platinum and thought I would say Hi. I haven't found any new shinies lately, but I haven't been playing much until Platinum came out. I do have a question.. could someone point me in the direction of the post that would explain the whole controversy about shiny pokes (planned etc?) I read above but that didn't seem to be the whole story.. or maybe I'm a bit slow?

I am sure this question has already been asked but I will ask again just for the sake of conversation.. how many are going to enter the Pokemon Tournament this year? That level 50 Shiny Milotic is sounding pretty good! But the closest one to me is in Nashville TN. (several hours away) At least I don't live in FL, imagine if you lived in Key West and had to drive all the way up to Nashville TN just to be in the tournament and get the shiny Milotic. Whew, that's a long drive!

Congrats on all those shinies you all have found! I can't imagine having dozens of shiny Pokemon. It almost makes them seem common.. almost but not quite.
Kim

I'm a member of the Shiny Hunters Club

Do the Shiny Dance!
Old April 11th, 2009 (08:56 PM).
Gold Tier

OMG, hey Kim! ^o^ Haven't seen you around in a while.

Yeah, the shinies just don't feel as special as they used to. Of course, finally facing that Soft Reset target or running into something at random is still a rush.

...and I somehow don't think I'll be able to make it to the tournament:
Quote originally posted by Google Maps:
Driving directions to The Valley Forge Convention Ce
(610) 337-4000
720 km – about 7 hours 16 mins
I did notice something extremely interesting on the site: They called the Milotic SHINY. This is probably the first time the term, "shiny," has been used to refer to rare-coloured Pokémon in official publications! Maybe we'll see the word pop up in future games, themselves!

osu!
stream
github
Old April 12th, 2009 (02:30 AM).

If you don't count Sugimori's "Encounter with Shiny Pokémon", or the Pokemon.com Mailbag "Shiny" Reference as that, then yes, it is. ;P

I chained my bunnies like... 2 weeks ago. I accidentally K.O.'d one, when I wasn't paying attention.

My chains keep breaking on Diamond, my Original One. I don't even follow the rules on that one. xD

Good luck to all, and happy Easter!
Old April 12th, 2009 (03:52 AM).
役 フロンティア

Nature: Hasty
Hi may i ask you guys.what do you all consider a big chain? (when using the pokeradar)
EV'd Togekiss-EV'd Gyarados
EV'd Drapion-EV'd Cohagrigus-
EV'd Rotom-EV'd Typhlosion
Shiny Blitzle-Shiny Rhyperior
Shiny Raichu-Shiny Suicune (Event)
----------------------------------
|Looking For: EV trained Conkeldurr|
-------------------------------------------
Platinum Friend Code: 4470 0607 2775
Pearl Friend Code: 5027 7191 7724
Black Friend Code: 2107 7863 1668
Old April 12th, 2009 (01:40 PM).
Protect his very soul.
ModeratorCS

Quote originally posted by DDD'SSCEPTILE:
Easter Peeps

Spoiler:

Haha! Yes! Only THIS one isn't headed to the microwave!

174th egg was shiny. =)

It has a Serious nature - not bad but not exactly good. Nevertheless it could've been a lot worse, I was worried it would be Relaxed..

Last night when I finally quit about 3 AM I had about 120 eggs. Same as before, I started hatching when I got up this morning. I was shooting for tomorrow, but it just had to hatch early. =P

Hee hee hee! Yes! YESH!!!

Good luck everyone =D

*dances*
Aw, lovely shiny, especially for Easter. I tried the Masuda Method but I didn't have any success... Besides, I'd like a beneficial nature.

I closed my DS while standing in front of a shiny patch, found early at only a 5-chain. I will only open it and catch the shiny in another 12 minutes for a reason which should become clear.

Edit: Easter Bunny GET!

Stat screen pics coming maybe.
Woah, nice Easter shiny. ^_^ I caught my shiny Buneary last April Fools, since I thought it would be more appropriate, for whatever reason.. XD

Congrats on the rest of the amazing captures. ^o^

Quote originally posted by FinalPaladin:
Hi may i ask you guys.what do you all consider a big chain? (when using the pokeradar)
Hmm, a big chain in general? Probably anything over 70+, but something amazing is 120+. I believe that the highest I've seen is about 250+.

Still, you should only aim to hit 40 when looking for shinies, unless you're trying to simply get a high chain. Good luck.

Anyways, my Easter shiny: It sure looks yummy
Old April 12th, 2009 (02:51 PM).
I think I'm here to stay

Nature: Adamant
OMG, hey Kim! ^o^ Haven't seen you around in a while.

Yeah, the shinies just don't feel as special as they used to. Of course, finally facing that Soft Reset target or running into something at random is still a rush.

...and I somehow don't think I'll be able to make it to the tournament:

I did notice something extremely interesting on the site: They called the Milotic SHINY. This is probably the first time the term, "shiny," has been used to refer to rare-coloured Pokémon in official publications! Maybe we'll see the word pop up in future games, themselves!

actually DDD told me that in the platinum guide book they use the word "shiny" so I guess its offically known as "shiny" :D
Old April 12th, 2009 (06:10 PM).
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by super onii chan:
actually DDD told me that in the platinum guide book they use the word "shiny" so I guess its offically known as "shiny" :D
Aren't those made by Prima?

No more Bunearies. I guess there really is only one Easter Bunny.

Gone chaining some Drowzees until the day rolls over. It should prepare me for Beldum.

osu!
stream
github
Old April 12th, 2009 (06:40 PM).

Ugh... Platinum is making me old.

It's so hard to get through it.
Instead of getting Kadabra for Maylene, I brought in Dialga and Shiny Uxie.
Kerchow!
I'm now off to Pastoria, where I shall own all!
xP

Congrats on all shinies, and good luck.
Old April 12th, 2009 (10:04 PM). Edited April 12th, 2009 by DDD'SSCEPTILE.

Aren't those made by Prima?

No more Bunearies. I guess there really is only one Easter Bunny.

Gone chaining some Drowzees until the day rolls over. It should prepare me for Beldum.
The latest one for Platinum is by "Pokemon USA, Inc." which is an official Nintendo company I think.

Unfortunately, they don't show shiny grass. They do talk about chaining higher to get shinies, and the Pokemon they use as shiny reference is a shiny Pichu...

Hmm...

Congrats on your Buneary. I had to go through total heck to get mine.

As far as a "big chain" goes, my highest is Nincada at 82, simply because it refused to break after I got all the shinies I wanted. I'd rather stay at 40 and wait until shiny grass comes up. I don't see any point in trying to advance the chain to large amounts, like 100. Complete waste of time for me....

I'm sick again.
Good luck everyone

edit:
Hmmm.

Quote originally posted by Akidatheart:
Hi everybody.. Long time no see! I'm just taking a break from Platinum and thought I would say Hi. I haven't found any new shinies lately, but I haven't been playing much until Platinum came out. I do have a question.. could someone point me in the direction of the post that would explain the whole controversy about shiny pokes (planned etc?) I read above but that didn't seem to be the whole story.. or maybe I'm a bit slow?
Well, it all started when Mario, the Princess and I came to Dinosaur World for a vacation...

In a nutshell,
Platinum has a "broken" RNG similar to Emeralds. People can enter information from their game onto a computer website calculator, and use it like a stopwatch to know exactly when to encounter a Pokemon to get it shiny, or whatever.
For Platinum there's a bit more involved than that, but that's the gist of it without the bulk of the details. People can use it to "plan" their shinies and get what they want.
I don't exactly approve of this, either. It just doesn't seem right.

There's another method though, that's called "Junichi Masuda's Method". You can take a foreign Pokemon, such as a Japanese Eevee or Torchic, and breed it with an English Pokemon, and the hatchlings will have an increased chance of being shiny. It can be with any international pairing as long as they're foreign from one another, I.E. English + German, Japanese + French, so on and so forth..

So the easiest way would just to get a Japanese Ditto from the GTS and breed it with one of your own Pokemon, assuming your own Pokemon aren't Japanese.

If you're wondering who Junichi Masuda is, he's been working on the Pokemon games since the very beginning I think, and was the Director of Diamond, Pearl and Platinum.
He posted this information, although very vaguely, on his blog, simply stating the benefits of using the GTS in Jubilife City.
"Find rare colored Pokemon's egg a little easier"

And so far I have hatched a shiny Eevee and Torchic from doing this, as well as Storm Dragoon has hatched a Tangela, and a friend of mine hatched a shiny Horsea.

The only drawback from this is that you cannot transfer natures.

Essay over.... lol

Oh yeah, one last thing. I would enter the tournament but I cannot go to Tennessee. I also suck badly at Doubles.
Old April 13th, 2009 (02:58 AM).

Uh...
Platinum has the same RNG as Diamond and Pearl.

Yes, it upset me too. I hate this easy RNG crap.
1/8,192, 1/2,040, & 1/201 Methods Forever
Screw 1/1. I roll 'legit'.

I'm nearing Giratina in Platinum.
It WILL shine.
Not a threat; A promise
Also, I am owning everyone with Dialga. It actually listens to me half the time!
Old April 13th, 2009 (08:54 AM).
役 フロンティア

Nature: Hasty
woohoo i got a chain of 8.but guess what none of them were shiny boo hoo
EV'd Togekiss-EV'd Gyarados
EV'd Drapion-EV'd Cohagrigus-
EV'd Rotom-EV'd Typhlosion
Shiny Blitzle-Shiny Rhyperior
Shiny Raichu-Shiny Suicune (Event)
----------------------------------
|Looking For: EV trained Conkeldurr|
-------------------------------------------