Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs
Reload this Page ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old April 14th, 2009 (03:33 AM).
:^)

Nature: Lonely
Nothing new here, really.
Yesterday I got to Giratina in Platinum, and did around 350 or so SRs.
I also chained for a shiny Mareep for a friend, and it was hell because it was in my shiny Diamond.
The shiny patch appeared at 18, and then the chain broke right after that. I entered a safe patch, dammit!

So that's it for this time, and hopefully Giratina shines sooner than later. Good luck to all.
Old April 14th, 2009 (02:14 PM).
Pokémom
Silver Tier

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via ICQ to Akidatheart Send a message via AIM to Akidatheart Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Akidatheart Send a message via Yahoo to Akidatheart
Thanks DDD for that clear and concise explanation. Congrats MM, on your "Easter Bunny" I'm going to try to do the foreign Pokemon breeding thing just to see if I get lucky. Even if it doesn't count for SHC it will be neat to see if it seems to help.

I'm a member of the Shiny Hunters Club

Do the Shiny Dance!
Old April 14th, 2009 (02:39 PM).

No, I think we're counting the Masuda shinies as truly "random". MetalMario said something about odds over 1,000 can be treated as Random here. None of this 1/1 Egg or 1/1 Emerald RNG, nor PokéRadar (Unless it is a number lower than 21). So ya... I really wanna try it too, but not until I get my Giratina to shine. I just passed 500 SRs for it. I plan on getting to somewhere around 1,200 tomorrow.

Good luck to all.
Old April 14th, 2009 (02:42 PM).
Crystal Tier

Send a message via AIM to Working Class Hero
Good luck to all!

I am working on getting all my Diamond shinies back. Machop, Togepi, Eevee, etc.

lolmence
Old April 15th, 2009 (03:26 PM).
Has gone...

Welcome to the club, Rey and FinalPaladin. Have a good time here. ^^

Quote originally posted by DDD'SSCEPTILE:
Easter Peeps

Spoiler:

Haha! Yes! Only THIS one isn't headed to the microwave!

174th egg was shiny. =)

It has a Serious nature - not bad but not exactly good. Nevertheless it could've been a lot worse, I was worried it would be Relaxed..

Last night when I finally quit about 3 AM I had about 120 eggs. Same as before, I started hatching when I got up this morning. I was shooting for tomorrow, but it just had to hatch early. =P

Hee hee hee! Yes! YESH!!!

Good luck everyone =D

*dances*
Congratulations on the Torchic. :D

Quote originally posted by MetalMario:
Spoiler:
I closed my DS while standing in front of a shiny patch, found early at only a 5-chain. I will only open it and catch the shiny in another 12 minutes for a reason which should become clear.

Edit: Easter Bunny GET!

Stat screen pics coming maybe.
Congratulations on the Buneary. :D

Quote originally posted by TwilightBlade:
Spoiler:
Aw, lovely shiny, especially for Easter. I tried the Masuda Method but I didn't have any success... Besides, I'd like a beneficial nature.

Woah, nice Easter shiny. ^_^ I caught my shiny Buneary last April Fools, since I thought it would be more appropriate, for whatever reason.. XD

Congrats on the rest of the amazing captures. ^o^

Hmm, a big chain in general? Probably anything over 70+, but something amazing is 120+. I believe that the highest I've seen is about 250+.

Still, you should only aim to hit 40 when looking for shinies, unless you're trying to simply get a high chain. Good luck.

Anyways, my Easter shiny: It sure looks yummy
Congratulations on the Beldum.

Well, I'm currently at 2050 Eggs so far in my search (I started using the "Junichi Masuda" way at around about the 1540th Egg, so that's been about 510 Eggs using the "Foreign Method"), but nothing so far. Well, I'm hoping for something maybe in the next batch, but we'll see. Later. ^^
Old April 15th, 2009 (09:45 PM).
Gold Tier

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MetalMario
Quote originally posted by Infinite Heartless Core:
No, I think we're counting the Masuda shinies as truly "random". MetalMario said something about odds over 1,000 can be treated as Random here. None of this 1/1 Egg or 1/1 Emerald RNG, nor PokéRadar (Unless it is a number lower than 21). So ya... I really wanna try it too, but not until I get my Giratina to shine. I just passed 500 SRs for it. I plan on getting to somewhere around 1,200 tomorrow.

Good luck to all.
Well that 1/1000 is actually the criteria for uniqueness. So any shiny found by odds lower than 1/1000 counts as being unique. Since you kind of "make your own odds" by chaining up in the radar, I consider each chain unique. Thus, only one shiny found on a long chain may count, and only if it's the first shiny found on this chain. (So you have to find TWO early shiny patches on the same chain to count more than one of that species.)

Nothing new. Chaining Ralts for now. This Masuda breeding isn't nearly as easy as everyone makes it look.

I'd rather be a comma than a full stop

osu!
stream
github
latest shiny: Boldore (Oct.30/11)
Old April 17th, 2009 (10:23 AM).
Lord of the Sammich!

Nature: Docile
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LordxDanswich
Well thanks to the shiny culb on SPPf i found out that the shaymin event is on wifi now for japanese platinum owners, so i've downloaded oaks letter and i'm going to start resetting for shaymin right after i stock up on pokeballs.

Kindle Road
Current Location/Target
Credit to Pokesho for the Ponyta image
Old April 17th, 2009 (11:15 AM).
役 フロンティア

Nature: Hasty
No shinies from me. i find just running around in the grass more fun than using the radar.i have fished for almost a day and i found no red gyarados
EV'd Togekiss-EV'd Gyarados
EV'd Drapion-EV'd Cohagrigus-
EV'd Rotom-EV'd Typhlosion
Shiny Blitzle-Shiny Rhyperior
Shiny Raichu-Shiny Suicune (Event)
----------------------------------
|Looking For: EV trained Conkeldurr|
-------------------------------------------
Platinum Friend Code: 4470 0607 2775
Pearl Friend Code: 5027 7191 7724
Black Friend Code: 2107 7863 1668
Old April 17th, 2009 (05:57 PM).
I think I'm here to stay

Nature: Adamant
Quote originally posted by Lord Danswich:
Well thanks to the shiny culb on SPPf i found out that the shaymin event is on wifi now for japanese platinum owners, so i've downloaded oaks letter and i'm going to start resetting for shaymin right after i stock up on pokeballs.
good luck dude, i would love to see a picture of this if you get it :3.
Old April 18th, 2009 (08:42 AM).
Crystal Tier

Send a message via AIM to Working Class Hero
Quote originally posted by Lord Danswich:
Haha, good luck on Shaymin!

I haven't been able to post recently I have been too busy to hunt and post. I am at my dads house now though. I am playing through my Jpn Pearl to get a ditto and trade it to Platinum. I want to hatch a shiny Rotom. Good luck to everyone else!

lolmence
Old April 18th, 2009 (07:55 PM).
Gold Tier

So I was just going over the stats in my head that I had only hatched 325 eggs, and even with the Masuda method, it still usually goes past 1000 eggs, meaning I still probably had a lot of time to go. Right then, this thing pops up and stares me in the face:

page 1 | page 2 | page 3 | page 4

Good luck with Giratina, Charmander and Shaymin. I'm going to go after an Origin Giratina once I've made it that far in Platinum. (Still saved in front of my starter, but I might switch to breeding Turtwig, since you can't control the nature of an SR anyway, and I could get some Egg Moves and maybe good IVs.)

osu!
stream
github
Old April 18th, 2009 (09:38 PM).
GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DDD'SSCEPTILE
So I was just going over the stats in my head that I had only hatched 325 eggs, and even with the Masuda method, it still usually goes past 1000 eggs, meaning I still probably had a lot of time to go. Right then, this thing pops up and stares me in the face:
Spoiler:

Good luck with Giratina, Charmander and Shaymin. I'm going to go after an Origin Giratina once I've made it that far in Platinum. (Still saved in front of my starter, but I might switch to breeding Turtwig, since you can't control the nature of an SR anyway, and I could get some Egg Moves and maybe good IVs.)
Hahhaha! Yes! YES! YESS!!!!!
Congratulations! lol!
They ALWAYS strike when you least expect it.

That red is quite tantalizing, I must say!

I'm currently hatching Mudkipz. I'll make it no mystery that I'd like to have a full set of shiny Hoenn starters, but yeesh, it's not as easy as it looks. I could have hatched a lot more than I currently have (MAYBE 180, I think?), but sickness has really hit me hard. I only started feeling better yesterday.
So tomorrow I plan to hatch more Mudkipz. I'm not really trying too hard, nor trying to get a great one either, unlike my Eevee and Torchic. So once I get it, who knows when, I'll move on to Treecko.

I was actually getting under some pressure of this, since a lot of people I know seem to be having bad luck with it and are passing it off as fake, but I very well know I or anyone else may have to hatch many eggs still in order to hatch a shiny through this method.

Some are having an average time hatching, ranging from around 100 eggs hatched to around 700 which is reasonable. One dude I've talked to had to hatch over 3,000 eggs.. ouch.
What disappoints me is that people hatch like 100 (or even less) and lose interest. If you really want something, you'll keep at it and not quit. And the quitters are who are starting rumors that it doesn't work.

So I'm glad to see more results, and I'm looking forward to hatching my Mudkip, whenever it comes.

But for now I must go to bed and rest, and try to get back on a NORMAL sleeping schedule... Being sick has really thrown me for a loop.

I'd like to get started back on an old SR target and my two chain targets as well.

Good luck everyone!
Old April 19th, 2009 (09:03 AM).
役 フロンティア

hi, may i ask, what is the masuda method. im now destined to get a shiny gyarados or seaking, ive been searchin for an age. but i know one will pop up some day
Old April 19th, 2009 (09:08 AM).
Protect his very soul.
Moderator, CS

Quote originally posted by FinalPaladin:
hi, may i ask, what is the masuda method. im now destined to get a shiny gyarados or seaking, ive been searchin for an age. but i know one will pop up some day
Breed a foreign pokemon with a native pokemon and the chance of hatching a shiny is reduced to about 1/2000. For example, breed a Japanese Ditto with a Gyarados/Seaking caught in your game. Conversely, breed a Ditto caught in your game with a Japanese Gyarados/Seaking.

Masuda merely promoted the use the GTS by adding in the shiny quirk of breeding pokemon obtained from the GTS.

Congrats on the sexy shiny Skorupi, MM. :3
Old April 19th, 2009 (09:43 AM).

Nature: Quirky
i'm chaining im my game.. its so freakin boring xD. i only found a shiny abra.
here it is....

sorry for crappy quality the little red thing is the star... i'll take another picture later.

Old April 19th, 2009 (10:23 AM).
役 フロンティア

congrats on the abra. that isn't an only abra, its a super mega rare abra
Old April 19th, 2009 (10:59 PM).

my team to beat thr elte four is.
Lvl 70 Staraptor (shiny).
Lvl 58 Bronzong (shiny).
Lvl 69 Abomasnow (shiny).
Lvl 78 Toxicroak (shiny).
Lvl 98 Empoleon not shiny.
my empoleon took forever to lvl up but the i decided to search for shinies, lucky i have great patience.
i looked forever to find a croagunk and then took a long time to get it to toxicroak.
i almost gave up on the snover until it learnt wood hammer at lvl 36 it killed me.
the bronzong was easy didnt take long i thought.
one time when i first played daimond i think i found a starly and it sparkled, didnt know what this was so i asked my friend, said it was shiny and rare, so went back and caught it with an ultra ball.
this hole process took a veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy looooooooooooooooooong time.
Old April 20th, 2009 (05:41 AM).
Nostalgia is powerful.

Ah forget it. I can't wait for Platinum to do the Masuda Method. I want to try it at least once on my Diamond...

*goes to search for a Japanese Croagunk*

Credit goes to ShinysHunters Forum for the image.

Old April 21st, 2009 (09:58 PM).
Has gone...

Spoiler:

Congratulations on the Skorupi. And thanks. :D

Quote originally posted by *shineMurkrow*:
i'm chaining im my game.. its so freakin boring xD. i only found a shiny abra.
here it is....

sorry for crappy quality the little red thing is the star... i'll take another picture later.
Nice, I used to have a Shiny Abra, but traded it away. I'll try to get another one as soon as I hatch my prize.

Quote originally posted by It's Just Fufu:
Ah forget it. I can't wait for Platinum to do the Masuda Method. I want to try it at least once on my Diamond...

*goes to search for a Japanese Croagunk*
Good luck on that Croagunk.

As for me, the amounts of Eggs I've hatched has gone up, but I forgot by how much. I'm currently taking a break from Diamond (2) as I'm playing through Platinum at the moment. As soon as I beat the Elite Four (I'm going for the Canalave Gym right now), I'm continuing my hunt. ^_^ Oh, and remember the Secret Key is available right now. :D
Old April 22nd, 2009 (02:40 AM).
役 フロンティア

im now chaining for bibarel, good luck on croagunk
Old April 22nd, 2009 (08:53 PM).

I want to join! I have a couple of shinies:
my origin giratina (12 days of sring),
my starter( i wasnt expecting it, it just popped out at me),
my natu,
and my togepi (which i got from cynthia in platinum and i'm going to evolve to a shiny togetic soon).
Old April 22nd, 2009 (09:26 PM).
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by lalaland:
I want to join! I have a couple of shinies:
my origin giratina (12 days of sring),
my starter( i wasnt expecting it, it just popped out at me),
my natu,
and my togepi (which i got from cynthia in platinum and i'm going to evolve to a shiny togetic soon).
Awfully lucky with those SRs. .__. Which starter is it you speak of?

I've quit my Turtwig SRing to move along so I can pick up a Rotom Key tomorrow. Turtwig will be my next Masuda Breed.

osu!
stream
github
Old April 23rd, 2009 (06:55 AM).
役 フロンティア

good luck on breeding for turtwig
Old April 23rd, 2009 (07:19 PM). Edited April 23rd, 2009 by lalaland.

My starter was a piplup, because i chose chimchar in diamond, and turtwig in pearl.

Ill upload pictures of my shiny pokemon tomorrow, right now i just downloaded oak's letter on my imported platinum, and are going for a shiny shaymin just like Lord Danswich
Old April 25th, 2009 (06:06 AM).

Not only is my computer 100% down the t00bs, but I'm grounded.

Whoo!

This sucks. No hunting for Mencey for two weeks or more.
But I've moved on from Tina for the Turnback Cave variant in Platinum, and I'm now in front of Dialga. I have around 6,300+ resets, but I don't really remember my count.
I'm also back to hunting the Zap-Bird in LeafGreen, which I have hidden to assure my shiny Tangela and Articuno are safe from my mentally unstable brother. He annoys me, I tell him to shut up, and he steals LeafGreen and tries to delete my file. I ripped the game out, beat him up, and now it's stashed away where nobody will ever find it.

Damn, life's been kicking me in the face lately.

Good luck, all.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)