Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs
Reload this Page ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old June 7th, 2009 (02:33 PM). Edited June 7th, 2009 by MetalMario.
Gold Tier

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MetalMario
templekeeper: Welcome to the club!

Alinthea: You're trying to tell us that you've captured FIVE of the hardest shiny Pokémon to capture of all within a period of ONE WEEK? You've got some serious explaining to do. You have four options:
  1. Fess up.
  2. Offer a convincing explanation of what's going on. A full description of your SR method would help.
  3. Meet me on wi-fi. Friend code 2965 5138 8408. VM me to negotiate a date/time. I'll ask you to trade me one of these suspect shinies in exchange for one of mine. (I'll tell you which one at the time. Cloning is fine.) I'll verify its legitimacy at that time, then trade back. I expect that the Pokémon I receive will match what's shown in the pictures you provided. I'm saving these pictures to my hard disk so you don't change them after the fact, in case you wanted to further hack them to make them appear "more legitimate."
  4. Leave the club.

Honestly, it takes in the range of half an hour per SR for each of these. That's an expected duration of 171 DAYS straight (no food, no sleep) PER SHINY. Capturing one of these is the stuff of legend.

The odds of ALL THREE birds being shiny is a whopping ONE in 549,755,813,888 -- FIVE HUNDRED BILLION. (And that's if the RNG even allows for three consecutive shiny values under these circumstances.) You'd have also seen and SRed over somewhere in the range of 46,516,320 occurrences where only two or one of the birds were shiny.

Seriously now, if you're going to lie, at least do it right.

If through some statistical miracle, what you're saying is true, then you should be expecting our skepticism (you should also be in disbelief, yourself), so it should cause you no offense.

---

Sorry for my inactivity. My new job's been eating most of my time. No new shinies. Still chewing at Chikorita and Kyogre.

Edit: Almost forgot! My new job involves ASP.NET, and I'm taking a liking to it, so I might put together a script to auto-generate SHC cards. I could update them instantaneously! The shop would be back in business! I don't know when I'll get this done, but look forward to it.

I'd rather be a comma than a full stop

osu!
stream
github
latest shiny: Boldore (Oct.30/11)
Old June 7th, 2009 (02:57 PM).
~Chloe~

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bewbs Send a message via Skype™ to bewbs
No luck on shinies as of now. I think I used it all up on the Musada's method, when I got 6 shiny oddishes.

Old June 7th, 2009 (02:59 PM).
James Sunderland
Crystal Tier

Nature: Lax
Quote originally posted by MetalMario:
templekeeper: Welcome to the club!

Alinthea: You're trying to tell us that you've captured FIVE of the hardest shiny Pokémon to capture of all within a period of ONE WEEK? You've got some serious explaining to do. You have four options:
  1. Fess up.
  2. Offer a convincing explanation of what's going on. A full description of your SR method would help.
  3. Meet me on wi-fi. Friend code 2965 5138 8408. VM me to negotiate a date/time. I'll ask you to trade me one of these suspect shinies in exchange for one of mine. (I'll tell you which one at the time. Cloning is fine.) I'll verify its legitimacy at that time, then trade back. I expect that the Pokémon I receive will match what's shown in the pictures you provided. I'm saving these pictures to my hard disk so you don't change them after the fact, in case you wanted to further hack them to make them appear "more legitimate."
  4. Leave the club.

Honestly, it takes in the range of half an hour per SR for each of these. That's an expected duration of 171 DAYS straight (no food, no sleep) PER SHINY. Capturing one of these is the stuff of legend.

The odds of ALL THREE birds being shiny is a whopping ONE in 549,755,813,888 -- FIVE HUNDRED BILLION. (And that's if the RNG even allows for three consecutive shiny values under these circumstances.) You'd have also seen and SRed over somewhere in the range of 46,516,320 occurrences where only two or one of the birds were shiny.

Seriously now, if you're going to lie, at least do it right.

If through some statistical miracle, what you're saying is true, then you should be expecting our skepticism (you should also be in disbelief, yourself), so it should cause you no offense.
It is a statistical miracle and I haven't taken any offense from anyone who has questioned me, because I would do EXACTLY the same thing.

I will have to go with option 2. I can't send them to you because I don't have any wireless. I do have a WIFI USB, however, because I am at University and I am on a network called ResNet, I can not use it.
Too access the Internet, I have to log on with my username and password from the University. Because the USB doesn't have the software to allow me to sign on using the USB, it won't let me connect. I spoke to the tech support and they told me the same thing :/
Here is my service provider so you know I ain't making it up!
University Of The West Of England Website - Resnet Information Page
Here shows that I have to log on to access the Internet:
Log on page screen shot from ResNet

Ok.
I know I said they were all on 1HP and asleep and then said I used Wabby to get them down. Both of these are correct.
At the start, I whittled them down after SR'ing for them. Once shiny, they stay shiny, yep? So, I started to false swipe once I got them. They ran and it took a while, but running back and forth on Route 202, changing in the town then back out constantly, and looking at the Poketec app thing, where it tracks all running Pokemon, I saw when a Pokemon was there.
So I repeated this, until they were on 1HP and asleep.
Then, I had Wabby first in my party, so they couldn't run from then on. But, sleep doesn't last :/. So when they did wake up, they attacked and Wabby took it, but they used Roost to go back up to half, then full. So THEN, I had to use Wabbys Mirror Coat and Counter.

I am not sure what else to include...
Any more questions?
I am happy to show any stats to show they are legit. Uhh, moves, so on so on.

I completely understand you guys don't believe me, and I DO NOT take offense. I haven't been blessed with wireless, since I am a student, to show you. I can't afford a Wireless router to get wireless and show you.
I only have an old Webcam, so I don't have any software to make a video and show you. Also, hence the poor quality of the pictures :/
Old June 7th, 2009 (03:04 PM).
I think I'm here to stay

Nature: Adamant
Dude.. just give up I don't think you are going win this one.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways, I just got national dex in platinum hurray I beat my lazyness. Now to chain like crazy
Old June 7th, 2009 (03:09 PM).
~Chloe~

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bewbs Send a message via Skype™ to bewbs
I'm thinking of trying to SR for a shiny dratini in Leaf Green. I never obtained a shiny in the 3rd gen.

Old June 7th, 2009 (03:13 PM).
James Sunderland
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by super onii chan:
Dude.. just give up >_> I don't think you are going win this one.
I am not going to "Give up" because, even thought it is hard to believe, I am telling the truth. I have been a member of the SH's for a long, long time. No reason for me to lie now.

Quote originally posted by bewbs:
I'm thinking of trying to SR for a shiny dratini in Leaf Green. I never obtained a shiny in the 3rd gen.
Good luck :D
Dratini is a cool shiny Pokemon.
I love Dragonair. I always thought it looked cool, shiny or not!
Old June 7th, 2009 (03:16 PM).
Time cannot e r a s e

Can i please join? Ive been hunting for a while, with worthwhile results. My most recent scalp was a Bellsprout. :3. Ill try to get a camera to get pics up. /poor/

VII. The Luna Diviner ohay there wiiassul p gu rfiller
Theme by// Lightning ♥ away filler you mean little girl plyschool :C
Paired to//Amachi
go filler you ♥mean little girl loves little x3:C
Pimps with//SilverSmeargleSplatter ♥ away fller you meafailo3on

Old June 7th, 2009 (03:18 PM).
Three Days Grace - Break

Nature: Quiet
I remember my first shiny in 3rd gen... I got so excited I ran from it by mistake... Oh those were the days. xD

But!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I finally caught an SR shiny. (my first) I got Palkia last night, took me a fair amount of time and I didn't even notice straight away it was shiny, was watching bleach while SRing and when I looked down I had the lovely shinyness staring back at me. I will get some pictures when I get my new camera battery. The old one stopped working due to me not using it or something. So I am waiting for it to arrive.
Old June 7th, 2009 (04:21 PM). Edited June 7th, 2009 by Hikari Ven.

I'm in a pretty good mood tonight, I snagged a random encounter shiny Snover :D. I was chaining for a Snover(to complete a lag in the shiny circuit on serebii) and I ran into a normal patch. When the Snover was on the screen, there were sparkles . I caught him in a Luxury Ball after missing with a Dusk Ball.(the first Luxury Ball I threw was so I could get the sparkles)

ZOMG, Shiny Snover
Sparkle, Sparkle
Nickname Screen(no shinydex)

Shiny Snover
Careful nature
Stats

My main target to get now is shiny Heatran in my English copy of Platinum. I'm on Day 2 of SRing for the shiny beast, hopefully it will pop up before I go on vacation at the end of the month . Congrats to you guys on your new shinies.
Old June 7th, 2009 (07:36 PM).
Nostalgia is powerful.

Nature: Hasty
This.
That's barely a probability. It's almost a certainty that this will NEVER happen to ANYBODY.

Edit: Almost forgot! My new job involves ASP.NET, and I'm taking a liking to it, so I might put together a script to auto-generate SHC cards. I could update them instantaneously! The shop would be back in business! I don't know when I'll get this done, but look forward to it.
:D :D :D
Needless to say, that is some EXCELLENT news.

Congratulations, Razer, on the shiny Palkia! *jealous*

Good luck, everyone.

Credit goes to ShinysHunters Forum for the image.

Old June 7th, 2009 (09:34 PM).
Time cannot e r a s e

Congrats, Razer. :D. Also, Alinthea might have caught them on FR/LG? And transferred?

VII. The Luna Diviner ohay there wiiassul p gu rfiller
Theme by// Lightning ♥ away filler you mean little girl plyschool :C
Paired to//Amachi
go filler you ♥mean little girl loves little x3:C
Pimps with//SilverSmeargleSplatter ♥ away fller you meafailo3on

Old June 8th, 2009 (06:44 AM). Edited June 8th, 2009 by Artonkn.
Sup.
Silver Tier

Nature: Jolly
May i join?
Call me Artonkn :D

And I got a quite a few shinys.
PIKACHU
DIALGA
LUXRAY
LUCARIO
SKUNTANK
RATATA x2
BIDOOF
RELICANTH
GOLEM
PIKACHU
DIALGA

And I do hunt for shinys :D
Old June 8th, 2009 (07:17 AM).
Don't tread on me.

May I please join? Oftentimes I don't even hunt for shinies, but sometimes I do. I'm of the school that believes shinies come to you on their own tim (yes, LOL). But at the moment I'm hunting for a shiny Chinchou/Lanturn on Route 220, which has a 35% appearance rate total.

But anyways, here's my (mostly surprise) random shiny list!

3rd Gen:

Raichu: Caught as a Pikachu in my Emerald while in the Safari Zone hunting for Light Balls. And my 3rd Gen Safari Zone luck isn't that godly; I saw a shiny Nidoran female in my LeafGreen that decided to run from me. XD

4th Gen:

Floatzel: Caught as a Buizel just outside of Pastoria in my Diamond. I hadn't even beaten the Elite 4 when I saw her!

Pelipper: Caught on the water route between the Sunyshore and Victory Road in my Diamond. I got him just before the Elite 4, but I ended up trading him.

Machop: Caught in my Diamond post-Elite 4 when EV-training a random normal Sunflora. The curious thing about this one is that afterwards, I didn't see a single shiny from July 2007 until October 2008, in which I saw and caught three.

Bidoof: Caught in my Diamond post-Elite 4 when trying to Pokeradar a Hoothoot. My drought-ending random shiny!

Dewgong: Caught in my Diamond post-Elite 4 (obviously) when hunting for a good, competitively useful Calm Seel/Dewgong. My party was headed with a Calm Syncher, and it was taking me a long while. I actually predicted finding her to an extent; the predicament reminded me of my long summer day trying to find a Light Ball Pikachu in my Emerald (which got me a shiny). And the funny thing is that they're both Calm-natured!

Delcatty: My most recent Diamond shiny. I hatched her post-Elite 4 when trying to get a suitable female Jolly Skitty for breeding purposes. She's Calm-natured, but the best thing about her is that she knows Baton Pass! :D (And no, neither of her parents were foreign; one was a Lopunny I bred and the other was a shiny Skitty I Pokeradared. GSC shinies anyone?)

And I'm currently hunting for Chinchou/Lanturn for two main reasons. One is that Lanturn's a cool-looking, seldom-seen shiny, and the other is that I've seen shinies in every thinkable method in my Diamond aside from fishing. I've ran in grass, ran in caves, Pokeradared, and even hatched them, but I've never fished one up in my Pokemon career. Wish me luck guys! :D
Old June 8th, 2009 (08:39 AM).
:^)

Nature: Lonely
Lots of new people joining nowadays. Y'all can hang out here until MetalMario inducts y'all.

So, I'm around 7,750 SRs for Platinum Dialga. Once I get around 8,200, I'm going to restart. I haven't found anything thus far, and that's over 12,000 total Pokémon, including SRs.

I'm also sad to see that people have started abusing the Platinum RNG for shinies.

And finally, I have heard that the three birds cannot all be shiny. Only one of them.

So good luck to all, and congrats on all recent shinies.
Old June 8th, 2009 (09:17 AM).
Nostalgia is powerful.

Quote originally posted by Infinite Heartless Core:

I'm also sad to see that people have started abusing the Platinum RNG for shinies.
You're a bit late on this discovery...people at Smogon have been doing this for the past month or so.

Old June 8th, 2009 (10:32 AM).
:^)

Nature: Lonely
I mean for Pokémon like Palkia, and such, plus, I've been grounded. So I wouldn't have had the chance to discover that. I'm still sad to see it, nevertheless.

I'm going to be restarting Platinum tonight, after I've traded everything over.
Old June 8th, 2009 (11:52 AM).

I was sitting down in front of my laptop, watching a video on youtube, while I was buying Abra(I was alternating between Abra and Clefairy). After spending all of my money buying Abra I checked them in the pc. The first box had nothing, so I went to the second, but they didn't have anything either. I was skimming through the third box when I saw the blue border and star. My jaw literally dropped, it was only the second time buying Abra, for a total of 2 SR's.

Shiny Abra is my 8th shiny in LeafGreen, the 7th SR'd shiny overall. I am very happy about this Soft Reset shiny.

Shiny Abra, Synchronize ability, Stats page

I am working on my second box of Skorupi. I have a feeling that this will take me a while to get. Congrats to new shinies everyone and good luck .
Old June 8th, 2009 (01:25 PM).
owner of the lonestar's gym

Nature: Relaxed
hi, i know i'm not the kind of guy you guys should believe things from, and i am not someone much of you would rememeber, because i am hardly saying things here, but i do often check here, and well for some reason i do kinda remember alinthea being an active user in the shc, but for it's 3 shiny birds in one week, well that's not really the thing i'm gonna believe without have seen it, but oh well, i just wanted to say, if you check back you a lot of pages you would see him ( i already look here fo 2 years now :p i just love hearing people's shiny story's :p )

well for the rest, good luck everyone :D
Old June 8th, 2009 (03:18 PM).
Adorable! ^_^

Hello, may I join? I adore shiny Pokemon, even ones that are very ugly when shiny *coughzubatandevo'scough*! I finally found my first shiny last Monday, a Pinsir. Then I got a Ledian, three Kirlia, three Ponyta and a Zigzagoon since I have a lot of time on my hands. I've never had any luck with SRing for shinies, or breeding. Mostly because I have the patience of a five year old. :p Anyways, my best shiny find would be a Zigzagoon at 37 on my chain then one of my Ponyta's on a chain of 38. Congrats on all the shinies everyone!
Old June 8th, 2009 (03:18 PM). Edited June 8th, 2009 by Hikari Ven.

Um, wow.....

This is the luckiest day ever. This thing appeared tonight while I was browsing through some posts on another forum. I looked down at my DS to see this beast slide on the screen and sparkle. After a long battle, with Heatran fainting all but one of my team(shiny Porygon-Z), I chucked the Masterball.

Sparkly
Shinydex

More pictures soon, I'm currently uploading a couple videos(my SD card will be held hostage until it uploads). Shiny Heatran has a Lonely nature, so my Modest synchronizer failed. I was totally not expecting shiny Heatran to shine, not with me getting shiny Abra today.

EDIT: A few more pictures, as well as a couple videos:

Shiny Heatran
Lonely, Modest synch failed
Stats

Video 1
Video 2
Old June 8th, 2009 (03:37 PM).
I think I'm here to stay

Nature: Adamant
Anyone have a spear japanese Ditto?
Old June 8th, 2009 (04:02 PM).
James Sunderland
Crystal Tier

Wow!
Congratulations Storm!
That is amazing luck ^.^!

It is a good feeling when you have a day like that! ^.^

Old June 9th, 2009 (09:20 AM).
Nostalgia is powerful.

SHINY TURTWIG ON MY GAME.

Okay, so I'm reading through the all the posts of the new shinies. I had been chaining for Mime Jr. after my dentist appointmment, and we went to my cousin's house, just sitting around and watching moveis. But once it was 11 AM, I figured that morning was over. I wasn't sure, so I just decided to soft reset for Turtwig. After I edited my post to congratulate D_S, I continue soft resetting like normal. Then about 12:10, we begin watching Balto...and I glance at my game.

The Turtwig was teal. I gasp.

I could NOT believe it! After months of SRing for it on Pearl, giving up, then two weeks and a few days of soft resetting on Platinum, it is finally mine!

My cousin was actually able to make a short video on his cellphone. We're uploading it to YouTube soon. You get to hear my voice, as well my cousins and my brother (mine is the really deep one...please excuse the music in the background).

Giddy? You bet I am.

Good luck, everyone!

Edit: Here's the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEz5jh_rWi0

The shiny Turtwig has a Quiet nature, Often Lost In Thought, and stats at lv. 6:

HP - 23
Attack - 13
Defense - 13
Satk - 13
Sdef - 12
Speed - 8

Old June 9th, 2009 (09:45 AM).
James Sunderland
Crystal Tier

Congrats Fufu!
Shame the quality is a bit poor :/

But you can see the greeeeeeeen shininess XD#

Seems like everyone is getting what they want ^.^
Old June 9th, 2009 (10:25 AM).
Three Days Grace - Break

Nature: Quiet
So many shinies recently. Maybe I can pick up Giratina before I go back to school, doubt it though. xD.

Gratz on Turtwig, Still have to get my shiny chimchar, but I think I will breed it as i want good stats and nature on it. Hoping for a 29-31 IV in speed.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links