The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 16th, 2009, 08:13 AM
templekeeper
Remember: you're a member!

Quote:
Originally Posted by super onii chan View Post
I was thinking the same thing. So you got 12 RANDOM shinies in LG. I can see that, but the fact that they are all the same pokemon @_@.
That's not any different than the dude in the Trade forum who, today, made a Jirachi with Fly.

The Masuda method is painful and a ridiculous waste of time. I'm at 500, and my sister hit 1400, no shiny for either of us (I know what the odds are, but still). Most reports find 'em in the first 200.

I'm quickly playing through FR to start a Tangela hunt while I'm on vacation. It's not as mindless as SRing and a litte more fun.
Old June 16th, 2009, 01:38 PM
Evil Sonic
Fufufu, All according to plan.

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by templekeeper View Post
That's not any different than the dude in the Trade forum who, today, made a Jirachi with Fly.

The Masuda method is painful and a ridiculous waste of time. I'm at 500, and my sister hit 1400, no shiny for either of us (I know what the odds are, but still). Most reports find 'em in the first 200.

I'm quickly playing through FR to start a Tangela hunt while I'm on vacation. It's not as mindless as SRing and a litte more fun.

It's not a waste of time because it actually works, are you two sure you are using Pokemon foreign to each other?

I am a member of the Shiny Hunters Club!
::My GPXPlus account::
Diamond FC: 1763 1441 8561 (Name: Evey)
Black FC: 4212 3408 4293 (Name: Evey)
Old June 17th, 2009, 06:01 AM
templekeeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Sonic View Post
It's not a waste of time because it actually works, are you two sure you are using Pokemon foreign to each other?
Of course it works. However, the luck of it is a bell curve. Most of the people should probably be around the 400 range (very rough estimate based on reports), but that doesn't mean there won't be people in the high end where it takes more than the odds-worth of eggs. Considering what you get out of a single shiny, the costs greatly outweigh the benefits in this case. The only use this method really has to begin with is Sweet Honey Tree pokemon (to a lesser extent), Safari Zone dwellers, and fish. Egg moves just aren't worth the hassle.
Old June 17th, 2009, 08:30 PM
MetalMario
Donator Tier 4

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MetalMario
KissTheSkull656: You may join.

ashua: You are withheld membership from the club until you explain the 12 Nidorinas. It's preferred if you can meet me on wi-fi, but an IV listing + Nature will do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathioks View Post
but i say MM say something about +1s
The Free+1 pattern. When you use the Pokéradar and the first three patches (1, 2, and 3-zones) have the wrong kind of shake, but the 4-zone patch has the correct kind of shake, the odds of the 4-zone patch continuing your chain are quite high. This is thanks to Bayes' Theorem. (It's even better still if

Quote:
However, the luck of it is a bell curve.
It's actually a Poisson distribution. (Well, slightly approximate.) The right tail is much fatter than the left.

Quote:
Most of the people should probably be around the 400 range (very rough estimate based on reports)
The median's actually 1,420 eggs. (Half take less, half take more.) Those who've gotten them in less than this were quite lucky.

I will chain Trapinch for the weather phase of the Circuit. I just want to move on to the next phase, so I'm passing on the Hoenn Desert possibility.

I've already brought my Jolly synch to Level 55 for this purpose.

I'd rather be a comma than a full stop

osu!
stream
github
latest shiny: Boldore (Oct.30/11)

Last edited by Midori Chi; June 18th, 2009 at 08:33 AM. Reason: flaming
Old June 18th, 2009, 03:37 AM
Alinthea
James Sunderland
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMario View Post
If I were you, I'd keep quiet. Especially considering what he claims is more likely than what you claim. =/
REALLY?
I will work that out.

Any who, did you read my explanation on the previous page? :/
Old June 18th, 2009, 04:16 AM
mathioks
owner of the lonestar's gym

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:

The Free+1 pattern. When you use the Pokéradar and the first three patches (1, 2, and 3-zones) have the wrong kind of shake, but the 4-zone patch has the correct kind of shake, the odds of the 4-zone patch continuing your chain are quite high. This is thanks to Bayes' Theorem. (It's even better still if
thanks a lot :D that'll definitely help me when i'm back to chaining again, right now i'm training my team since i have a shiny gym in the ELGL

well good luck to everyone, and thanks again :D !!
Old June 18th, 2009, 05:09 AM
templekeeper

Quote:
The median's actually 1,420 eggs. (Half take less, half take more.) Those who've gotten them in less than this were quite lucky.
That's obvious, but how many people have reported going beyond that far (then again, several people give up)? Is it possible that some of the reports simply RNG abused their eggs (say, some of the YT videos or SPPf hatchers) 'cause there seems to be an absurd number of people finding them in <200 eggs with "luck".
Old June 18th, 2009, 03:28 PM
Dark Steelix Lv X
Final Atomic Buster

Wow I haven't been here in a pretty long while. Mostly because I've had garbage shiny luck last 2 months... But this month has seen a big turn :D

On June 9 I was hunting in the Desert in my Ruby for the Circuit and I saw this:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...4/DVC00473.jpg

Lol yeah really nice looking Shiny too :) Here's some more Pics:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...4/DVC00474.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...4/DVC00476.jpg

Then after the Tour was announced at SPPf I was doing some random running around on my Sapphire and decided to go into Fiery Path and saw this ultimate:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...4/DVC00479.jpg

I actually took a vid of it, but my camera is circa 2002 and the quality is garbage (the actual mode to record that is called 'Email-Clip' yeah clip not video :p wayy pre-youtube)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3jH3yLhM94

Lol I was playing on my Gameboy Player with the travel screen on the Gamecube. Sring on the cube on the couch while still watching TV ftw?
More pics:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...4/DVC00480.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...4/DVC00481.jpg

Anyways I'll try to keep up more at this club too. Good luck everyone on their hunts!

+ Unown !, Skarmory, Uxie, Treecko, Torchic, Palkia, Metapod, Rotom, Voltorb, Mudkip, Darkrai, Shaymin, Azelf, Mewtwo, Electrode, Machop, Trapinch, Grimer
Credit to Yami Zidane

TARGETS:
Old June 19th, 2009, 09:33 AM
It's Just Fufu
Nostalgia is powerful.

Nature: Hasty
So while I was reviewing some posts at SPPf today, guess what decided to show its mug?

I know the quality is crappy, but it's a shiny Baltoy! I was able to snag it in a Timer Ball. The luckiest part about this capture is the fact that it has Selfdestruct, and it didn't even use it in battle. *_* Needless to say, I'll definitely be more prepared for next time.

More pics:

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._4208243_n.jpg

I'm training it right now so that it may evolve. I'm so happy I got a shiny Baltoy, even though I wanted Cacnea most; this is my first "random" shiny that I purposefully hunted for, so that's okay with me! I will random encounter for Jigglypuff and Tailow/Swellow on Route 115 next. On Diamond, I will hatch for a shiny Riolu using the Masuda Method.

Good luck, everyone!

Credit goes to ShinysHunters Forum for the image.

Old June 19th, 2009, 08:29 PM
kill and run
SHINY HUNTER ALL DAY ERRDAY

Nature: Modest
hello all old members :D, remember me? give you a hint.....shiny hunter, shinylegendarys, shiny mr.mime?l... ring any bells? lol well the only shiny that ive gotten since my absence is a shiny houndoom in pearl, but over all no new shinys.

right now i am hunting for chainable shinys and sring for shiny drifloon:D wish me luck :D
Old June 20th, 2009, 01:47 AM
Razer302
Three Days Grace - Break

Nature: Quiet
^not really an absence as you got banned as far as I remember. lol. But yeah I remember you from about 2 years ago.

Nothing new from me. Still in the hunt for that shiny Giratina. But watch transformers last night and I am watching it again today so I am pretty busy, also back at school now, also driving test coming up. I am stressed out beyond belief, will get back to it more over the summer.
Old June 20th, 2009, 01:00 PM
Hikari Ven
Trainer

Due to the closure of the shiny club on serebii, I may be more active in this one .

I haven't gotten any new shinies since my last post. I am hatching for shiny Skorupi still, as well as SRing for shiny Palkia in Platinum. I am on my 20th box of Skorupi eggs, I hope it doesn't take as long as Onix did(1503 eggs ). Congrats to new shinies everyone.
Old June 20th, 2009, 09:20 PM
MetalMario
Donator Tier 4

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MetalMario
Welcome (back?) to the club, KAR. While there isn't any silly grammar rule at this club, using bad grammar/punctuation doesn't leave any good impressions. Please get to know your shift key.

So yeah, it seems like we might be getting a boost in activity with the Serebii club closed. That's the thing that really bites about Serebii--the mods are unreasonable tyrants.

I haven't had much time to chain for the circuit, especially since most of my free time occurs while in moving vehicles, which doesn't help while chaining in the sandstorm. =/ Trapinch chains also break pointlessly.

I'd rather be a comma than a full stop

osu!
stream
github
latest shiny: Boldore (Oct.30/11)
Old June 20th, 2009, 10:16 PM
Akidatheart
Pokémom
Community Supporter Tier 2

Send a message via ICQ to Akidatheart Send a message via AIM to Akidatheart Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Akidatheart Send a message via Yahoo to Akidatheart
Quote:
So yeah, it seems like we might be getting a boost in activity with the Serebii club closed. That's the thing that really bites about Serebii--the mods are unreasonable tyrants.
They closed it? Wow, what for? I can only imagine. *drama* Btw, I haven't really shiny hunted much but I have been hatching for shiny spiritomb. (no luck yet) I do have a Japanese ditto and a "home grown" spiritomb in the daycare so maybe I will get lucky. Congrats to all the new shinies, and good luck to those still hunting.
Kim

*edited because I think shinies looks better than shinys, even though technically both are wrong.

I'm a member of the Shiny Hunters Club

Do the Shiny Dance!
Old June 21st, 2009, 03:45 AM
Le Krome
die

Nature: Lonely
We must KILL SWEET MAY AND RUN.

No new shinies from my end. I've gotten many more Giratina and Zapdos SRs in lately, but my games are taking a break from being kind to me.

I'm also going to take a break from hunting, and gaming in general. Mainly because I should start focusing on my health. And the fact that I should give a damn about my education. But most of it comes from my idiotic dad, who complains about me playing even two hours a day. But I'm not gonna bring that trouble here. SO.

Good luck on all shiny hunts, and I'm probably gonna pick up on activity as well due to the SPPf Closure.
Old June 21st, 2009, 05:38 AM
It's Just Fufu
Nostalgia is powerful.

As a result of Serebii's club being closed, I, too, will be visiting here more often.

My main target right now is Riolu for the Shiny Circuit. My total is now 253 eggs. I hatched about 206 Riolu eggs yesterday in what literally took me all day and night. Seriously, I had been hatching eggs from about 10 AM in the morning to 2 AM the next day, lol. I was also alternating between soft resetting for Mewtwo and wild hunting in Ruby.

My reason for hunting Riolu so heavily now is that I'd like to get to the fifth leg and actually attempt to fish for a shiny on FR. Winning the circuit isn't a priority for me; if I could, I would fish now and hatch for Riolu at a later date. But I figured that since I was already on the fourth leg, and since I wasn't really hunting for anything important in Diamond, why not get the fourth leg over with?

I believe I am getting MPR today. If not, I will probably get it sometime during the week. I will be transferring over the hundreds of clones of shinies I have on my Diamond version and storing them there for future use. With the free box space, I can keep track of how many eggs I hatch more easily than abitrarily visiting the Jubilife TV Station.

My hunts on Pearl, Platinum, and LeafGreen remain the same. I haven't touched Palkia and Raikou in a minute, but I've been doing about ten soft resets for Giratina every other day now.

I probably won't be able to hunt a lot today, seeing as how it's Father's Day, but something in my gut tells me that I'm getting a shiny soon. I am feeling lucky! *crosses fingers*

Good luck, everyone.

Last edited by It's Just Fufu; June 21st, 2009 at 05:52 AM.
Old June 21st, 2009, 05:52 AM
super onii chan
I think I'm here to stay

Nature: Adamant
GRRR. My shiny I'm trying to hatch takes around 6,500 steps to hatch, WITH flamebody .
Old June 21st, 2009, 09:17 AM
It's Just Fufu
Nostalgia is powerful.

^ I hope you're hatching for a shiny Snorlax or something! It sounds to me like the pokemon you're hatching for are the ones whose eggs take normally 10240 steps to hatch, which is stuff like Bagon and Gible. Gible isn't worth it, and Bagon is chainable...

*goes to Serebii Dex*

Here's in interesting video that I thought you guys might enjoy. Lol.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSnv3kZ9T50

Old June 21st, 2009, 01:56 PM
Le Krome
die

Nature: Lonely
And you're bragging? gtfo, please.

Nothing new for me. Also, that was a neat vid, Fufu. I've only seen the Groudon hack.

Good luck, all.
Old June 21st, 2009, 02:46 PM
It's Just Fufu
Nostalgia is powerful.

I doubt he's bragging, Mence. No need to jump to conclusions.

Well, my breeding was sidetracked by some EV training I had to do...but now I'm back on track. I've hatched somewhere around 320 eggs total...I wonder if I can get it under 500 eggs? I doubt it, but hey, a shiny hunter can dream...

Old June 21st, 2009, 02:56 PM
Akidatheart
Pokémom
Community Supporter Tier 2

Send a message via ICQ to Akidatheart Send a message via AIM to Akidatheart Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Akidatheart Send a message via Yahoo to Akidatheart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuminati View Post
And you're bragging? gtfo, please.

Nothing new for me. Also, that was a neat vid, Fufu. I've only seen the Groudon hack.

Good luck, all.
LOL, I bet he was joking because MM chastised him for his bad grammar/punctuation. If that indeed was the reason for the closure, then that club was way too uptight.

*edit* I meant to say Hi Fufu! Long time no see. MM, you too! and everyone else actually, from "the old days".

I'm a member of the Shiny Hunters Club

Do the Shiny Dance!
Old June 21st, 2009, 03:00 PM
The Graceful Assassin
Dispose Of The Betrayer....

Wow i haven't posted here in a long time and since then I've only gotten 1 shiny, a duskull, that i randomly hatched, but thats been it.

Good to see some old faces around here as I to will start shiny hunting again, and my first target will be munchlax.

Good luck to everyone on there hunts.

" As The Lightless Oblivion Devours You, Drown In The Ever-Blooming Darkness.."
Credit Goes To Aurafire For The Banner

Old June 21st, 2009, 03:39 PM
super onii chan
I think I'm here to stay

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Just Fufu View Post
^ I hope you're hatching for a shiny Snorlax or something! It sounds to me like the pokemon you're hatching for are the ones whose eggs take normally 10240 steps to hatch, which is stuff like Bagon and Gible. Gible isn't worth it, and Bagon is chainable...

*goes to Serebii Dex*

Here's in interesting video that I thought you guys might enjoy. Lol.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSnv3kZ9T50
Actually, it is a Pokemon from R/S/E. I've only seen ONE person with it, so I thought I'd go for it. And yes Serebii said it was 10240 steps but all of them takes around 6k-6.8k to hatch. @_@ I just hatched 90 of them, hopefully it comes before 400

OMG ITS GRACEFULLLLLLLLLLL =DDD!
Old June 22nd, 2009, 04:54 AM
super onii chan
I think I'm here to stay

Quote:
Originally Posted by kill and run View Post
Hey kim :D

and i wasnt bragggin and who do you think you are to tell me to get the F out? ive been on this club prlly way b4 you even knew wat shiny hunting was, so watch wat you say.

Anyways, no new shinys, havent rlly been hunting today, going to do some more softe resets in a little bit for shiny Drifloon. well good luck everyone.
I can tell that grammar is your friend.
Old June 22nd, 2009, 05:12 AM
It's Just Fufu
Nostalgia is powerful.

Do we really need to bring the grammar issue over here? Honestly. ;

I ended up hatching bring my total for Riolu eggs up to 365. I didn't hatch as much as I wanted to yesterday, as I predicted. It was Father's Day, AND I had to do some EV-training.

I'll be hatching until I get to 500 eggs today. Then I will switch to SRing for a shiny Giratina. There are many chaining targets that I want from Platinum after all (Gligar, Houndour, Slowpoke??? Yes please!).

Additionally, I will be alternating between random encountering on Route 115 and SRing for another shiny Mewtwo on FR while I hunt on the 4th Gen. *prays for a shiny Jigglypuff*

Good luck, everyone.

Edit: Oh, wow, Akidatheart, I hadn't even noticed that you posted! Sorry for not responding sooner! How have you been? It's good to see you're still shiny hunting.

I'm currently going through my old posts so that I can determine the exact dates of when I encountered all (except for Wingull and Abra) of my 1/8192 shinies.

Last edited by It's Just Fufu; June 22nd, 2009 at 08:24 AM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links