Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 5th, 2009 (12:50 PM).
LordxDanswich
Lord of the Sammich!

Nature: Docile
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LordxDanswich
Copy paste from serebiiforums

I love the matsuda method..

I started hatching chimchar eggs yesterday (i wanted to get another starter set) my plan was to hatch 60 eggs a day.

On the 39th egg...... A shiny :D

Here are the pics of my chimchar, sorry about the quality.

Turtwig is next, just have to trade the other pokemon i need to platinum.

Kindle Road
Current Location/Target
Credit to Pokesho for the Ponyta image
Old July 6th, 2009 (03:00 AM).
kill and run
SHINY HUNTER ALL DAY ERRDAY

Nature: Modest
Major congrats on the shiny chimchar.

I just bought another used Diamond and another Platinum just for shiny hunting :D

so here are all my targets

Platinum1: chainable pokes
Pearl1: Drifloon
Pearl2: maybe turtwig
Diamond1: nothing
Diamond2: dialga when i get there
Platinum2: giratina

good luck all and wish me luck

Hunts: Darkrai, Minum, Mr. Mime

Newest shinys:
FCS(Just incase i decide to trade/battle)
Platinum: 1118 6111 7333
Diamond: 1548 1773 5855
Old July 6th, 2009 (08:16 AM).
Setting_Sun
The cake is NOT a lie.

I recently bred a shiny pichu after some patience and finding two proper parents, IV wise and Egg Move Wise. I wanted Volt Tackle for little battles and good IV's for when I made it a light ball Pikachu, which I love to do. My current Light Ball Pikachu has perfect speed and has a special attack raising nature, but that's not very good for an OU environment. So I bred and hoped for the best. After hatching eggs, I went to PBR and did a Fortune battle to check lv. 100 stats and IV's.

I have a Timid Pikachu with 31 special attack. That one isn't shiny, but it's got a better nature. It's IV's are 23/0/20/31/25/14. It evolved after its first level up because of running around with it so much. It has alright defense and HP, Perfect Sp. Attack, and good Sp. Defense. Lackluster speed though, but it has a good nature.

The Shiny Pichu is Calm, which opponents won't expect (although I really wish it was Timid instead of the non-shiny one) but has Iv's of 22/0/10/31/25/31. Perfect Special Attack and Speed, with good Sp.Defense and okay HP. The IV's are very similar to the Timid one, but better.
Old July 6th, 2009 (08:24 AM).
mathioks
owner of the lonestar's gym

Nature: Relaxed
congratz to all new shinies, i'm sring for giratina and breeding for torchic right now, taking a break from drifloon, but will start again if giratina and torchic and my next breeding target treecko are done, but i wanted to ask something, what is fastest, first breeding a whole party of egg's ( 5 ) or after each bred egg going to the box to send it in and taking a new egg from the day care man?

good luck to everyone!
Old July 6th, 2009 (05:07 PM).
It's Just Fufu
Nostalgia is powerful.

Nature: Hasty
You already know what it is. Copy + Paste

It. Has. Arrived.

And it...has been captured! Here is the quote from a different forum that I recently joined:

Quote originally posted by Me:
The luck of the SHTC strikes once more!

This time...SHINY GIRATINA-O on an English Platinum! After 15495 soft resets, it has appeared! I was reading the posts of all the new shiny captures, and when I looked down, the Giratina was blue and yellow And then, the noise that brings tears of joy to us all...the shiny noise!!! :D :D :D

I shall proceed to type out my post to explain how I catch it. I will only keep track of times when Giratina attacks, so I know how much PP is left.

Turn 1: I use Foresight with Noctowl. Giratina uses Dragon Claw.

Turn 2: I switch to Bibarel. Giratina uses Shadow Force.

Turn 3: I use X Defend. Giratina's move does not affect Bibarel.

Turn 4: I use Rock Smash. Giratina's uses Dragon Claw

Turn 5: I use Super Fang. Giratina uses Ominous Wind, but it does not affect Bibarel.

Turn 6: I use Super Fang once again. Giratina uses Shadow Force.

Turn 7: I switch to Noctowl. Shadow Force does not affect Noctowl.

Turn 8: I use Hypnosis. It misses, and Giratina uses Ominous Wind

Turn 9: I use Hypnosis. Giratina is asleep.

Turn 10: I switch to Gallade. Giratina is still asleep.

Turn 11: Gallade uses False Swipe. Giratina is at 1 HP. Giratina wakes up and uses Shadow Force.

Turn 12: I switch to Noctowl. Shadow Force does not affect Noctowl.

Turn 13: I use Hypnosis. Giratina is asleep.

Turn 14: I use X-Accuracy. Giratina is asleep.

Turn 15: I use X-Accuracy. Giratina is asleep.

Turn 16: Giratina wakes up. It uses Shadow Force.

Turn 17: I use X-Accuracy. Shadow Force does not affect Noctowl.

Turn 18: I use Hypnosis. Giratina is asleep.

I throw more Ultra and Great Balls...

I CAUGHT IT IN AN ULTRA BALL!!!!!!!!!!! YESSSSS!!!! SHINY GIRATINA IS MINE!!!! The shiny dex entry is beautiful *tear drop*

I nicknamed my shiny Giratina "Kid Cudi" because he is the artist that made the song "Day N Nite"...which perfectly describes how frequently I soft reset for Giratina these past 14 days. I am so glad that it is finally mine! I will sleep peacefully tonight!

Edit: Unfortunately, I have no video camera, so that play-by-play of my actions will have to do, I am sorry. When the shiny Giratina appeared, I was not calm in ANY sense. First, when it slid down, I had the crazy expression on my face. You know when one of your friends tells you something ridiculous, and you give them a look of suspicion? That is the look I had on my face because I saw that the Giratina had an odd color, and I could not believe me eyes! Then, I saw and heard the sparkles! Afterwards, I ran into my younger brother's room and did a fist pump, and I jumped up and down with wild abandon. He claimed to have heard the shiny noise from the other room, so he knew why I was so happy. I hugged him, then I came to this thread to post my play-by-play. I have taken pictures with my camera phone, but they are of HORRENDOUS quality. I will post them later.

I am so giddy. It is in my box, so I must go check its stats and such now.

Good luck, everyone!
Once again, I must say: shiny Giratina is like candy for my eyes. *__* Definitely a shiny that I deserve!

Here are is the info in Altered Form:

HP - 201
Attack - 107
Defense - 128
SAtk - 109
SDef - 130
Speed - 93

Possible IVs: Bashful #487 Giratina: 7 - 8 / 18 - 19 / 22 - 23 / 23 / 26, 28 / 8 - 9

My Synchronizer did not work, but I do not care. A shiny is a shiny!

Credit goes to ShinysHunters Forum for the image.

Old July 6th, 2009 (07:37 PM).
MetalMario
Donator Tier 4

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MetalMario
Quote originally posted by It's Just Fufu:
So then what's the mean amount of SRs that one goes through to find a shiny?
Mean (ideal average of the SR counts of all successful hunts): 8192
Median (half take less, half take more): 5678 (Seriously. I didn't just type 4 consecutive digits to try and look smart.)

I'd have to dig out my stats textbook to get you the standard deviation for a long string of Bernoulli trials, but it's going to be somewhere in the thousands.

Gratz on the Chimchar and Giratina. Busy with class and work so I haven't posted much anywhere. I've done 2253 Kyogre SRs now, so that's certainly still going. Here's to hoping I don't hit 5678. ^o^

I'd rather be a comma than a full stop

osu!
stream
github
latest shiny: Boldore (Oct.30/11)
Old July 7th, 2009 (03:52 AM).
mathioks

hi everyone, gratz on the giratina,my best friend is sring one too, he said he was around 2000 srings by now, as for me, i am at 3 boxes and 7 hatched torchics ( i just woke up cause the night before i just HAD to get to 3 hatched boxes XD ) i am using the masuda method and hope it'll shine fast, come to think about it, 97 hatched egg's is like 388 srings for a torchic, ... damn this is going slow XD well yeah hoping to be able to put whole day in breeding today cause from tomorrow till saturday i won't be able to play my games anymore, good luck to everyone on there hunts!!
Old July 7th, 2009 (10:22 AM).
Shadow Chaos
Has gone...

First of all, congratulations on the epicly hatched/soft-resetted/chained new Shinies!! THey look great. 8D

As for me, I've updated my signature to my current stats, I've gotten some new foreign Pokemon for my collection, and am going to restart hatching Charmander using the Masuda Method on my Diamond 1 game with the Japanese Charmander I got last night, so I can keep track of how many it will take. Later everybody.
Old July 7th, 2009 (06:23 PM).
Evil Sonic
Fufufu, All according to plan.

Nature: Naive
I hate you Lord Danswich. (j/k)

You got your sttupid Chimchar on the 39th egg while I passed 1000.. ;^;

I have a feeling that those eggs that I never got to hatch (DS crashed) one of them was a shiny.... ;<

I am having no luck and I feel like quitting and just starting on hatching (shiny) Aipom for my team. (And the other shiny Pokemon team members, Chimchar isn't on the team)

<:(

I am a member of the Shiny Hunters Club!
::My GPXPlus account::
Diamond FC: 1763 1441 8561 (Name: Evey)
Black FC: 4212 3408 4293 (Name: Evey)
Old July 8th, 2009 (10:03 PM).
Dragonking_ShinyElite
Trainer

Hey guys still trying to find a shiny in Ruby. Really hoping for a shiny Koffing, or Slugma, or Grimer (rare). Using Illuminate so I'll encounter more.
and since: Camerupt, Luxray, Torkoal, Noctowl, Shuckle, Metagross, Palkia, Torterra, Stantler, Mismagius, Honchkrow, Latios, Arcanine, Groudon, Altaria, Nidoking, Flareon, Umbreon, Espeon, Victreebel, Sceptile, Swampert, Floatzel, Tyranitar, Regigigas, Rhyperior, Blaziken, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Feraligatr, Armaldo, Cradily, Rotom, Dialga, Swablu, and Dusknoir
Credit to MetalMario and Yami for the SHC card
click to help them grow
Old July 9th, 2009 (08:25 AM). Edited July 9th, 2009 by It's Just Fufu.
It's Just Fufu
Nostalgia is powerful.

Good luck with your random encountering, DK, and good luck to everyone else as well.

But other than that, I'm at a loss for words. After less than 150 soft resets on this particular ID (I got it yesterday, and I've been SRing casually), I obtained a second shiny Treecko from my Sapphire version! It is female, has a Calm nature, and according to the Pokemon Breeder in Emerald, has flawless HP. w00t? Yes, w00t indeed!

My next target in Sapphire will be Kyogre (since the one I have is an RNG clone and all), then I will soft reset for another shiny Latios. Or perhaps I will go for a Regi...

Here are some pictures of my latest shinies. The quality is pretty bad, so if you have sensitive eyes, I'm sorry.

Shiny Treecko summary at level 6
http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/zz85/ShinyFufu/ShinyTreeckoSummary.jpg

Shiny Treecko vs. Wild Zigzagoon
http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/zz85/ShinyFufu/ShinyTreecko.jpg

The reason why I was not able to take a picture of it against the initial Poochyena is because my camera phone (which is what I used to take the pictures) was dead, and I could not find my charger right away. I figured that beating the Poochyena and saving my game was more important.

Shiny Giratina encounter
http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/zz85/ShinyFufu/ShinyGiratinaEncounter.jpg
It doesn't even look shiny.

Shiny Giratina in the PokeDex
http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/zz85/ShinyFufu/ShinyGiratinaDex.jpg
Now it does!

Alrighty. Now I SERIOUSLY need to get shiny Shroomish. Lol.

Edit: Wow, I didn't realize how small the pictures were...dammit. Sorry you guys.

Major Edit:

Okay, well, you know how I said I was at a loss for words earlier? Yeah, I still am.

Quote originally posted by Me at a different forum:
After only 432 encounters on my LG on Route 5...

I'm in a battle with a shiny Meowth...I'm literally shaking at the moment. I was reading some posts in the HG/SS Forum about speculation of Kanto's role in HG/SS. While I was doing that, I was hatching for Shroomish, and random encountering for a shiny Meowth. I wasn't even EXPECTING to find a Meowth, and my whole mindset was "okay, as soon as Blastoise runs out of PP, I'm going to save my game"...and then, on the 432nd encounter, I hear Meowth's cry...then the sound of the shiny noise. I didn't get to see the sparkles, but when I looked down, the Meowth had the purple tail!

I will proceed to battle it right now. I took pictures with my camera phone, but the grass under Meowth looks yellow, so it doesn't look right. I will use my brother's camera phone, then...it's still hard to tell, though.

Alright, I switched out to my level 10 Meowth (it was in my party for Pick Up). I use Scratch. It uses Growl.

I use Scratch again...it uses Scratch against me.

I throw a Luxury Ball...

SHINY MEOWTH WAS CAPTURED!!!

Saved my game, and now I'm off to the Pokemon Center to check its stats and such.

Alrighty here's the info:

Male, Relaxed nature, Met in Route 5 at Lv. 12
HP: 34
Attack: 17
Defense: 16
Special Attack: 15
Special Defense: 17
Speed: 24

Caught in a Luxury Ball!

Goodness what amazing luck...less than 24 hours after my shiny Treecko, I get this beauty. :D This is going to stay as a shiny Meowth for tons of reasons, the biggest being that I was originally inspired to go for a shiny Meowth after seeing an episode of Pokemon. And Persian doesn't have Pick Up. I am very happy that I caught it as a Meowth because it goes very nicely with a Luxury Ball.

I am not used to being this lucky...in all my years of shiny hunting, I've never gotten THREE shinies in less than a week. This is truly amazing. In fact, I've gotten NINE separate 1/8192 chance shinies in the last two months.

Good luck to EVERYONE that is hunting! Believe me, I've had more than my fair share (that doesn't mean I don't want anymore, though! :p)

I can't post the pictures right now because my brother is using his cell phone to talk with his friends while he plays MapleStory. I will post them tomorrow morning, however.

Once again, good luck to all!
You read that correctly folks; I've managed to snag myself a shiny Meowth! A nice shiny, if I do say so myself, but this luck is really killing me! I'm never this lucky, this is usually Storm_Dragoon or Dark_Steelix's job!

Now I KNOW my luck is gone for the month. 3 traditional shinies in 10 days? I probably won't get another one for the rest of the year. Lol.

Old July 10th, 2009 (06:43 AM).
Setting_Sun
The cake is NOT a lie.

No new Shiny news. Trying to find one in my old Gold version. I was just introduced to the RNG method, but those prolly don't count here, so I won't try posting them.
Old July 10th, 2009 (08:01 PM). Edited July 10th, 2009 by encas.
encas
Don't tread on me.

Nature: Quirky
Okay guys, I'm back, and slightly dissapointed. I was in the Safari Zone in my LeafGreen, and I saw, and caught, a shiny with one ball. But it wasn't a Tauros or Kangaskhan as I had been hoping and praying. It. Was. A. God-darned. Nidoran. Female.

(Yes I know the picture sucks, but it was the best I could do).

She's Hasty, and her IVs are the following:

1/22/21/27/22/11

Not half bad, but could I at least get an Exeggcute or something non-Pokeradarable? Sorry to sound bitter, but that's not what I wanted in my lengthy search for an Adamant or Jolly Tauros or Kangaskhan. -__-;
Old July 11th, 2009 (08:05 AM).
It's Just Fufu
Nostalgia is powerful.

Well, at least you caught the shiny, so you should be happy about the most! Most SZ shiny stories end up with the shiny running away. I can understand your annoyance, though, but congrats on the shiny regardless.

Old July 11th, 2009 (02:06 PM). Edited July 11th, 2009 by encas.
encas
Don't tread on me.

Nature: Quirky
Well, at least you caught the shiny, so you should be happy about the most! Most SZ shiny stories end up with the shiny running away. I can understand your annoyance, though, but congrats on the shiny regardless.
Thank you! I feel better now, mostly because it's a neat and rare random encounter shiny, and partially because my only other LeafGreen shiny was another Safari Zone Nidoran female, but that one fled from me. >.> That brings my odds of catching an SF shiny in the 3rd Gen to about two-thirds, as I also caught a a shiny Pikachu in my Emerald while looking for a Light Ball Pikachu.

I suppose that aside from catching her, it's also pretty good that she wasn't a Tauros or Kangaskhan as I hoped as chances were that it would have run away! I can barely catch one with a good nature, let a lone a shiny! ;

In other news, I taught the Nidoran Counter in LeafGreen before Pal Parking her to my Diamond, where I'm training her to be a Counter Nidoqueen. I'm continuing my two-month old Calm shiny Chinchou/Lanturn hunt whilst training her. I won't evolve her until she learns Crunch at Level 35 or so (I'm too lazy to look up the exact level, but no corrections please!), and she's roughly Level 25 now. Wish me luck!
Old July 12th, 2009 (12:15 AM).
It's Just Fufu
Nostalgia is powerful.

Wow, I almost forgot to post here. Sorry about that. ' To make a short story even shorter, I hatched a shiny Shroomish today. It arrived on the 1353rd egg while I was watching my brother and cousin play Super Smash Bros. 64.

It is Female, it has a Docile nature, and it has some okay IVs. Flawless in HP and SDef (not like that matters), but 0 in Attack, lol, so I got a bit shafted in that sense. 'Sokay, though, I don't really mind.

I got finished EVing it a while ago, now I'm just levelling it up so that it can learn Spore. Then I shall evolve it. Afterwards, I'll probably just Rare Candy it up some more levels.

Once I do that, I will begin hunting for a shiny in the Old Chateau and fishing for a shiny Shellder on FR.

Good luck, everyone!

Old July 12th, 2009 (01:54 PM).
mathioks

first of all congratz on all new shinies!

my diamond must be the worst chaining game ever! my best chains from now on, 29,32,34,35,39 :o i am really getting frustrated, trying to chain a pikachu but can't pull it off ...

good luck to all of you !
Old July 14th, 2009 (09:59 AM).
Shadow Chaos
Has gone...

Quote originally posted by Evil Sonic:
I hate you Lord Danswich. (j/k)

You got your sttupid Chimchar on the 39th egg while I passed 1000.. ;^;

I have a feeling that those eggs that I never got to hatch (DS crashed) one of them was a shiny.... ;<

I am having no luck and I feel like quitting and just starting on hatching (shiny) Aipom for my team. (And the other shiny Pokemon team members, Chimchar isn't on the team)

<:(
There were 6 Eggs that I could'nt hatch cause of the same reason, and I fear the same...

Spoiler:
Good luck with your random encountering, DK, and good luck to everyone else as well.

But other than that, I'm at a loss for words. After less than 150 soft resets on this particular ID (I got it yesterday, and I've been SRing casually), I obtained a second shiny Treecko from my Sapphire version! It is female, has a Calm nature, and according to the Pokemon Breeder in Emerald, has flawless HP. w00t? Yes, w00t indeed!

My next target in Sapphire will be Kyogre (since the one I have is an RNG clone and all), then I will soft reset for another shiny Latios. Or perhaps I will go for a Regi...

Here are some pictures of my latest shinies. The quality is pretty bad, so if you have sensitive eyes, I'm sorry. :(

Shiny Treecko summary at level 6
http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/zz85/ShinyFufu/ShinyTreeckoSummary.jpg

Shiny Treecko vs. Wild Zigzagoon
http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/zz85/ShinyFufu/ShinyTreecko.jpg

The reason why I was not able to take a picture of it against the initial Poochyena is because my camera phone (which is what I used to take the pictures) was dead, and I could not find my charger right away. I figured that beating the Poochyena and saving my game was more important. :)

Shiny Giratina encounter
http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/zz85/ShinyFufu/ShinyGiratinaEncounter.jpg
It doesn't even look shiny. :(

Shiny Giratina in the PokeDex
http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/zz85/ShinyFufu/ShinyGiratinaDex.jpg
Now it does!

Alrighty. Now I SERIOUSLY need to get shiny Shroomish. Lol.

Edit: Wow, I didn't realize how small the pictures were...dammit. Sorry you guys. :(

Major Edit:

Okay, well, you know how I said I was at a loss for words earlier? Yeah, I still am.

You read that correctly folks; I've managed to snag myself a shiny Meowth! A nice shiny, if I do say so myself, but this luck is really killing me! -_- I'm never this lucky, this is usually Storm_Dragoon or Dark_Steelix's job!

Now I KNOW my luck is gone for the month. 3 traditional shinies in 10 days? I probably won't get another one for the rest of the year. Lol.
I wish I had that luck. Congratulations. :D

Quote originally posted by encas:
Okay guys, I'm back, and slightly dissapointed. I was in the Safari Zone in my LeafGreen, and I saw, and caught, a shiny with one ball. But it wasn't a Tauros or Kangaskhan as I had been hoping and praying. It. Was. A. God-darned. Nidoran. Female.

(Yes I know the picture sucks, but it was the best I could do).

She's Hasty, and her IVs are the following:

1/22/21/27/22/11

Not half bad, but could I at least get an Exeggcute or something non-Pokeradarable? Sorry to sound bitter, but that's not what I wanted in my lengthy search for an Adamant or Jolly Tauros or Kangaskhan. -__-;
I caught my Nidoran (M) in the Safari Zone. Actually managing to capture one there is a privilege few have.

Spoiler:
Wow, I almost forgot to post here. Sorry about that. ^_^' To make a short story even shorter, I hatched a shiny Shroomish today. It arrived on the 1353rd egg while I was watching my brother and cousin play Super Smash Bros. 64.

It is Female, it has a Docile nature, and it has some okay IVs. Flawless in HP and SDef (not like that matters), but 0 in Attack, lol, so I got a bit shafted in that sense. 'Sokay, though, I don't really mind. :)

I got finished EVing it a while ago, now I'm just levelling it up so that it can learn Spore. Then I shall evolve it. Afterwards, I'll probably just Rare Candy it up some more levels.

Once I do that, I will begin hunting for a shiny in the Old Chateau and fishing for a shiny Shellder on FR.

Good luck, everyone!
Have I mentioned how much I wish I had your luck? XD

Slowly, but surely, I'm continuing with my hatching. Updates are gonna be in my signature, and I'm gonna keep track of how many Eggs via the Masuda Method it will take to get Charmander in my signature. Good luck everyone.
Old July 14th, 2009 (11:02 AM). Edited July 15th, 2009 by It's Just Fufu.
It's Just Fufu
Nostalgia is powerful.

Good luck with your shiny Charmander, Shadow Chaos! You've been at it so long!

And if you wanted my luck then, you're going to want it even more now...because I got ANOTHER new shiny today!

To keep a long story short, I fished up a male shiny Horsea in Vermilion City. It was the 1201st Pokemon I fished, and it has a Hardy nature. I caught it in a Dive Ball. It's IVs are

HP: 18
Att: 29
Def: 26
SAtk: 26
SDef: 23
Speed: 3

Which are stellar to say the least. Definitely one of my most prized shinies now! I'll EV train it later, after I get shiny Rotom.

I'm going to focus on getting a shiny Rotom on Diamond or Platinum now. I've changed the clocks around, so I will be able to get in many more SRs. Good luck everyone (exlucding me)!

Oh yeah, I'll also sneak in a few SRs for Regirock here and there. Nothing too serious, though.

Edit: Yeah, SRing for Regirock is not happening. Double SRing for Rotom is too fun. I also decided to do some faux EVing for Kingdra on FR, so that I don't feel bad for "neglecting" it or anything.

Edit2: Well, I'm shocked.

Literally.

Quote originally posted by me on a different forum:
Oh my god....

I had just woken up not quite an hour ago, and I was reading the posts that I missed...and I read Rednight17's post. While I doing that, I was SRing for Rotom on my Platinum version and Diamond version. I had had done 58 resets between them (29 each) and on the 30th SR...the Rotom on my Platinum was SHINY!! I am in a battle with it right now, and I shall talk you through what I do. It appeared at 10:09 AM; the reason I am just now posting is because about thirty seconds after the shiny Rotom appeared, my dad walked in and showed me how to use my new cell phone.

Anyways, I send out my shiny Giratina, for it is the first Pokemon in my party.

I switch to my Bibarel. Rotom uses Uproar. I switch to Noctowl, so that I may use Foresight because it can't fall asleep while using Uproar. It uses Uproar once more. Noctowl uses Foresight. Rotom uses Uproar again. I switch to Bibarel, and Rotom uses Uproar again. I use Super Fang. I switch to Bidoof, and Rotom calms down. Rotom uses Confuse Ray on my Bidoof; I use Cut with Bidoof. Rotom is now in the low yellow health.

I switch to Noctowl. Rotom uses Uproar again! I use X-Accuracy, and Rotom continues its Uproar. I apply another X-Accuracy on my Noctowl, and Rotom uses Uproar once more, and it calms down. I throw a Luxury Ball at the shiny Rotom. It breaks out after two shakes! It uses Uproar again....next turn, I throw another Luxury Ball, and it breaks out! Its Uproar drones on...I throw a third Luxury Ball...ack! It breaks out and Uproar continues! I throw a fourth Luxury Ball, and it breaks out almost instantaneously. And Uproar once again...I wish it would calm down already!

Another Luxury Ball is hurled at the shiny Rotom, and it breaks out after only one shake. Of course, Rotom uses Uproar...and it calms down! Finally! This time, I use Hypnosis with Noctowl, and Rotom falls asleep. I throw a Timer Ball this time because I think it would go well with Rotom's electrical appliance theme. Rotom breaks out, and wakes up! Only two turns of sleep. It uses Confuse Ray on my Noctowl. Afraid of it uses Uproar again, I risk using Hypnosis while it is confused (after all, the only other possible thing that will happen will be a little HP taken away from my Noctowl). Yes! My Noctowl prevails and fires off another Hypnosis. I throw another Timer Ball and cross my fingers....

YESSS!!!! SHINY ROTOM WAS CAPTURED!!!! In a Timer Ball, no less. I bestow him with the nickname "Galvanimp" a portmanteau of the words "Galvanic" and "Imp".

The shiny Rotom appeared on the 1140th or 1139th soft reset. I say that because I don't the shiny Rotom on my Platinum appeared at about the same time the normal Rotom appeared on my Diamond version because I was soft resetting simultaneously on both. Separately, however, I did much less SRs on my Platinum because originally, I was SRing for Rotom on just my Diamond version.

Now to check its stats! I wonder if my Synchronizer worked...

It did work! Here's the info:

Timid nature - caught in a Timer Ball
July 15, 2009
Old Chateau
Met at Lv. 20
Often lost in thought
Likes sweet Food

Stats
HP - 52
Attack: 23
Defense: 39
SAtk: 47
SDef: 40
Speed: 49
Ability: Levitate

Moves: Thundershock, Confuse Ray, Uproar, and Double Team

Wow...I will post pictures of it shortly!

Edit: Here are the IVs

Timid #479 Rotom: 14 / 7 / 20 / 23 / 23 / 21 Hidden Power Ice 62

:o
I've never been so lucky in my life. 11 shinies in three months, sheesh!

Next up on my games...I'll be SRing for Mesprit or Cresselia on Diamond, playing through Platinum (then Radaring for shiny Slowpoke, Bagon, Gligar, Houndour, and some other stuff), SRing for Regirock on Ruby, and SRing for Palkia on Pearl. Someone else please get a shiny!

*throws luck at random people*

Old July 15th, 2009 (11:25 PM).
Dragonking_ShinyElite
Trainer

Well congrats on getting your lucky streak Fufu. Mine consisted of 13 shinies back in '06 and took 6 months. I didn't notice that you got a shiny Horsea until I got here. I'm kinda low on free time but I'll try to continue hatching Charmanders.
and since: Camerupt, Luxray, Torkoal, Noctowl, Shuckle, Metagross, Palkia, Torterra, Stantler, Mismagius, Honchkrow, Latios, Arcanine, Groudon, Altaria, Nidoking, Flareon, Umbreon, Espeon, Victreebel, Sceptile, Swampert, Floatzel, Tyranitar, Regigigas, Rhyperior, Blaziken, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Feraligatr, Armaldo, Cradily, Rotom, Dialga, Swablu, and Dusknoir
Credit to MetalMario and Yami for the SHC card
click to help them grow
Old July 16th, 2009 (03:23 AM).
Razer302
Three Days Grace - Break

Nature: Quiet
Wow I have been gone for nearly 10 days and we only had 4 posts...

Anyway. I finally grabbed myself a shiny Giratina. I took my DS into school last week as we aren't doing work anymore and thought I would make the most of my time and ended up grabbing shiny Giratina during it.
Old July 19th, 2009 (09:22 AM).
Shadow Chaos
Has gone...

Good luck with your shiny Charmander, Shadow Chaos! You've been at it so long!

Spoiler:
And if you wanted my luck then, you're going to want it even more now...because I got ANOTHER new shiny today!

To keep a long story short, I fished up a male shiny Horsea in Vermilion City. It was the 1201st Pokemon I fished, and it has a Hardy nature. I caught it in a Dive Ball. :) It's IVs are

HP: 18
Att: 29
Def: 26
SAtk: 26
SDef: 23
Speed: 3

Which are stellar to say the least. Definitely one of my most prized shinies now! I'll EV train it later, after I get shiny Rotom.

I'm going to focus on getting a shiny Rotom on Diamond or Platinum now. I've changed the clocks around, so I will be able to get in many more SRs. Good luck everyone (exlucding me)!

Oh yeah, I'll also sneak in a few SRs for Regirock here and there. Nothing too serious, though.

Edit: Yeah, SRing for Regirock is not happening. Double SRing for Rotom is too fun. :) I also decided to do some faux EVing for Kingdra on FR, so that I don't feel bad for "neglecting" it or anything.

Edit2: Well, I'm shocked.

Literally.

I've never been so lucky in my life. 11 shinies in three months, sheesh! o_O

Next up on my games...I'll be SRing for Mesprit or Cresselia on Diamond, playing through Platinum (then Radaring for shiny Slowpoke, Bagon, Gligar, Houndour, and some other stuff), SRing for Regirock on Ruby, and SRing for Palkia on Pearl. Someone else please get a shiny!

*throws luck at random people*
Thanks, and congrats yet again. :3 *tries catching most of that luck*

Quote originally posted by Razer302:
Wow I have been gone for nearly 10 days and we only had 4 posts...

Anyway. I finally grabbed myself a shiny Giratina. I took my DS into school last week as we aren't doing work anymore and thought I would make the most of my time and ended up grabbing shiny Giratina during it.
Awesome, congrats on the 'Tina!! And awesome Ace set. :D

Masuda Eggs Hatched so far: 180. Should have some more by the end of the day, about 200+. But maybe it'll hatch before then.
Old July 21st, 2009 (08:37 PM).
It's Just Fufu
Nostalgia is powerful.

Damn. It seems like this club is going through an activity slump.

Anyways, I think my shiny streak is drawing to a close. I'm okay with that, though, because I got lots of great shinies from it, and I couldn't be happier! I still have been hunting regularly, though, and I've started a couple of new hunts as well.

Ruby: Almost at 7750 encounters on Route 115.
FireRed2: SRing for another golden lizard. Shiny Charmander, you shall be mine! 872 SRs so far.
Palkia: Only 351 SRs for Palkia. Sad, I know, but I want the other two shinies more.

Also, on Diamond, I'm no longer SRing for Cresselia. Instead, I've prepped myself to begin breeding for a shiny Cyndaquil. Both of my parents have flawless Satk, SDef, and Speed, so there's a good chance that my hatched shiny Cyndaquil (if I ever get it) will have a decent Hidden Power. Furthermore, I'm not using the Masuda Method, so I'm gonna need heaps of luck to get this, lol. Oh well. That's how badly I want it!

Good luck, everyone!

Old July 21st, 2009 (08:50 PM).
mew²
Helix 4 President!

Nature: Quiet
May I join?
I have

Mantine, Gyrados, Starly, Starvia, Staraptor (forgot Starvia's evo), and Charizard.

I am currently working to Giratina to SR it til shiny. Along with Azlef and Uxie.

Pokemon X - Ricky `~`
FC: 4871 4170 6707
Old July 22nd, 2009 (10:03 AM).
Shadow Chaos
Has gone...

Damn. It seems like this club is going through an activity slump. :(

Anyways, I think my shiny streak is drawing to a close. I'm okay with that, though, because I got lots of great shinies from it, and I couldn't be happier! I still have been hunting regularly, though, and I've started a couple of new hunts as well.

Ruby: Almost at 7750 encounters on Route 115.
FireRed2: SRing for another golden lizard. Shiny Charmander, you shall be mine! 872 SRs so far.
Palkia: Only 351 SRs for Palkia. Sad, I know, but I want the other two shinies more.

Also, on Diamond, I'm no longer SRing for Cresselia. Instead, I've prepped myself to begin breeding for a shiny Cyndaquil. Both of my parents have flawless Satk, SDef, and Speed, so there's a good chance that my hatched shiny Cyndaquil (if I ever get it) will have a decent Hidden Power. Furthermore, I'm not using the Masuda Method, so I'm gonna need heaps of luck to get this, lol. Oh well. That's how badly I want it!

Good luck, everyone!
That it is. :( I bet Serebii's is a lot more active, no?
And you'll probably get it first than me. |D
Cool, good luck with that Cyndaquil as well (and all those other targets too). =D

Quote originally posted by RickySlaughter:
May I join?
I have

Mantine, Gyrados, Starly, Starvia, Staraptor (forgot Starvia's evo), and Charizard.

I am currently working to Giratina to SR it til shiny. Along with Azlef and Uxie.
Till a co-owner comes by to welcome you officially, welcome, and have a good time here. ^_^

270 Eggs so far...
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links