Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs
Reload this Page ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old July 23rd, 2009 (07:45 AM).
Razer302
Three Days Grace - Break

Nature: Quiet
After another week of inactivity due to my net just not wanting to work for me. I am back and hoping it will work again.

Nothing new from me. Have been busy with a few things recently.

I swear the Matsuda Method doesn't work. Tried it once with no results in 500 eggs so I dropped it and just stick with normal hatching.
Old July 23rd, 2009 (11:55 AM).
It's Just Fufu
Nostalgia is powerful.

Nature: Hasty
Razer, 500 eggs isn't even 1/4th of the average amount of eggs one would expect to hatch using the Masuda Method...I think you gave up too easily. Besides, Junichi Masuda (is that his name?) himself confirmed that it was in the game.

Credit goes to ShinysHunters Forum for the image.

Old July 23rd, 2009 (12:04 PM).
Razer302
Three Days Grace - Break

I might carry on with it. I just find hatching boring. I prefer looking for the random shinys, can get experience and Evs from them. Still I would like to finish off the method attempts.
Old July 24th, 2009 (03:13 AM).
Hikari Ven
Trainer

Nature: Timid
Hi everyone, congrats to all the new shinies you have gotten while I was away.

I managed to get a few shinies myself. I hatched a shiny Totodile, got a shiny Porygon from SRing when I wasn't even hunting for a shiny, shiny Wailmer by fishing and I also managed to get myself a shiny Palkia in my "lucky" Platinum. Palkia took me a little over 5 weeks to appear, so I was really pleased that my synchronizer worked and it ended up Timid. I will post pictures of all of these shinies later when I get home to proper Internet(using a hotspot at the airport currently :p).

Since those shinies, I have been hunting for a shiny Heracross in LeafGreen. I am up to 6000 encounters so far, maybe more, but I haven't kept track :p. I hope to get a Heracross to appear before the end of the month, and hopefully beat my record for the most shinies this month.
Old July 24th, 2009 (04:06 AM).
Fantomix
^^^^^^^^^

Hey, yo.
What're your opinions on RNG abuse? *Prepares for lulz and ridicule*
Old July 24th, 2009 (10:59 PM).
It's Just Fufu
Nostalgia is powerful.

We've had this discussion over at Serebii quite often as well. I made a post that sums up my views on RNG abuse as a shiny hunter, but it was deleted. Fortunately, I saved a copy of it on a word file. I saved it because it was so "long" that I feared that my computer would time-out if I tred to post it (or perhaps I'm just bombastic). Anyways, here it is.

Quote originally posted by Me:
I don't think that people are "jealous" that they can't RNG abuse. I'm sure that kirk has the intelligence to look at the thread in Smogon about RNG abuse and learn how to do it to get all the shinies he wants. From my knowledge, those that are against RNG abuse are shiny hunters who value shinies for the dedication it takes to get them.

Aside from learning how to RNG abuse, (I cannot say I know how hard/easy it is to learn, I've never attempted to figure it out) I don't think it takes as much dedication to get a shiny through RNG abuse as it does to, say, soft reset, breed, or chain for a shiny. RNG abuse eliminates the effort (and, admittedly, the luck part as well, because you can get lucky with shinies) component of obtaining shinies.

What seems to be the issue is that the two opposing parties are trying to draw parallels between the two shinies. Other than the shinyness of RNG abused shinies and regular shinies, we are trying to assess and compare the values of each, which, in my opinion, really shouldn't be done at all. Views concerning RNG abuse differ from person to person.

What I'm trying to say is that the regular shiny hunters normally get shinies with poor natures and crappy IVs. On the other hand, RNG abused shinies can have awesome IVs, egg moves...anything and everything, really. But once you think about it, yes, they're Pokemon, but from an effort vs. reward (I really don't know how else to describe it) perspective, they're not the same. The shiny hunters hunt for shinies for the sake of having them, NOT for their competitive prowess. Those who RNG abuse probably want Pokemon to be as competitively viable as possible; thus, the shinyness of a Pokemon to them is nothing more than an extra option to make their pokemon "cooler" (after all, most people would rather look at a shiny than a normal Pokemon, aside from crap like Garchomp )

As an aside, I really wish there was another name for the exploit besides "RNG Abuse". The name alone already carries a negative connotation with it, and I believe that this contributes to its stimga among people who hate or disapprove of RNG abuse.

Going back to the effort vs. reward argument, it seems to me like shiny hunters in general are indeed a bit angry...I mean, they normally put in high effort to get shinies that end up being relative crap. But then, RNG abuse comes along, and anybody who knows how to do it is rewardly heartily with perfect nature/IV'd shinies, despite the fact that the effort put into RNG abusing for one shiny is probably less than that put into obtaining a normal shiny. It's almost like the psychological maxim of the "Just World Fallacy"; we believe that good things happen to good people, and bad things happen to bad people. Similarly, shiny hunters think that their countless hours of searching should be rewarded with at least partially decent shinies, yet RNG abusers (who are "the bad" in their eyes, I would assume) get the best of the best. In their opinion, "the good" are stuck with...well, crap, for the most part.

However, that's where the problem lies; the world doesn't work like that. In the end, shiny hunters have to realize that they're playing with astronomical chances; like people say, if there are 8192 balls in a box and only ONE of those balls contains a shiny pokemon, the odds of getting the shiny are incredibly low (and to be even more realistic, there's no guarantee that ANY of those pokemon are shiny, this is probability after all). It's somewhat foolish for the shiny hunters to be mad that their shinies have bad natures/IVs because that's not what they're aiming for in the slightest sense; in my opinion, they should just be happy with their shinies.

Those that want Pokemon that are both shiny and competitively viable should just stick to a method that requires much less frustration, a method that consistently produces desirable results. Regular shiny hunting is not that method. RNG Abuse is.

Damn, this is a long-*** post, I didn't even mean for it to be like this. Anyways, I guess for those that are thinking tl;dr and just scrolled to the bottom of my post, at least read this:

RNG Abused shinies and regular shinies are fundamentally different. RNG Abused shinies are desired for the fact that they can manipulated into nearly anything the player wants, which allows for an unparalleled amount of customization. On the other hand, the value of non-abused shinies stems from the blood, sweat, and tears that one often goes through to obtain his or her most sought-after prize. Their worth is directly equated to effort.

As such, the roles of RNG abused shinies and regular shinies are different and separate. Yes, technically, they're both shinies -- but their unique qualities, specific to both abused and non-abused shinies, are what make them coveted throughout the Pokemon community.

And for the record, I used to be against RNG abuse for shinies. Now, however, I do consider them to be legitimate shinies. They just don't have the same value to me as regularly obtained shinies. I am not against RNG Abuse anymore, either, but I doubt I'll ever have the patience or desire to learn how to do it, either.

Anyways, Fantomix, I feel compelled to ask you the same question. What are your views on RNG'd shinies, and furthermore, why did you bother to ask such a question if you were under the supposition that you would just be ridiculed if you posed said question towards us?

Old July 25th, 2009 (04:51 PM).
Evil Sonic
Fufufu, All according to plan.

Nature: Naive
I dislike RNGing it's so cheap.
--

Anyways I'm going to try for a shiny Abra on Leaf Green once I get enough coins

I am a member of the Shiny Hunters Club!
::My GPXPlus account::
Diamond FC: 1763 1441 8561 (Name: Evey)
Black FC: 4212 3408 4293 (Name: Evey)
Old July 25th, 2009 (05:14 PM).
oske
>:D

Nature: Hardy
Can I join?

I've gotten into chaining Shiny Pokemon recently, I caught a Shiny Smeargle a few days ago and a Bidoof yesterday. Smeargle was at a chain of 6, Bidoof was at 40. I also have a random encounter Shiny from FR.

Old July 25th, 2009 (05:32 PM).
Hikari Ven
Trainer

Shiny Heracross appeared in LeafGreen :D, I am totally amazed that it appeared today. After literally spazzing out(because it was a male shiny Heracross and didn't take too long to appear) I took a video of me capturing it. I started chucking Ultra Balls at it, and managed to snag it in the 3rd one I threw.

It has a Modest nature, and I used only 290 regular repels out of the 2997 I had(this doesn't include the ones I used before I started counting the repels). I had only just started up my hunt again for Heracross about 30 minutes before this shiny appeared, pretty cool that it appeared shortly after I started.

More pictures:

Shiny Heracross, no cheat devices
Shiny Heracross, Modest nature
Stats
Shiny Heracross video

Congrats to new shinies guys :D.
Old July 28th, 2009 (05:59 AM).
Fantomix
^^^^^^^^^

Quote originally posted by It's Just Fufu:

*snip*

Anyways, Fantomix, I feel compelled to ask you the same question. What are your views on RNG'd shinies, and furthermore, why did you bother to ask such a question if you were under the supposition that you would just be ridiculed if you posed said question towards us?
[/FONT]
Sorry for the late response, I'm at fault there (although this club does seem to be experiencing a slump in activity of late). My thoughts on RNG'd shinies? Well at first, I saw them as completely legitimate shinies - the amount of research and testing that went into 'perfecting' the technique certainly seemed to make up for the "cheapness" of the whole thing. Plus it offered a solution that seemed just as easy as chaining to capture shiny Pokemon that weren't available with the PokeRadar. But then I learnt that so many people were still soft resetting and hunting and whatnot for shinies, and I figured that evidently the best of the best at shiny hunting evidently viewed it as some form of cheating.

That's why I decided to soft reset for a shiny Giratina, but after what I recall was about 1000 resets, I honestly couldn't stand it anymore and thought I might turn to RNG abuse to finally get it. But, you know, there was still that niggling feeling that it might be the wrong thing to do. So I asked around my Pokefan friends, some said just to hack it and cut out the middle man, others said that RNG abuse was cheating. I figured I'd come here and check out your opinions.

I suppose I consider RNG shinies as cheating, but then again, it's more of an exploit really. So I'm torn - RNG abuse, save time and get an essentially legitimate shiny Giratina, or spend up to months pressing the same few buttons and earn it. I'm a bit confused on what to do, but your post sort of straightened it out a bit more. It's just, I think that in the future I might wish to join a club such as this, and then I might feel as though I didn't really put in the effort I should have to get Giratina, so it's difficult to say.

As for why I posted here with the possibility of ridicule and whatnot; well, if I got a "No you noob, RNG abuse is cheating and we don't do it and it's evil and hax blahblahblah" then I'd at least have known the general stance of dedicated shiny hunters on the subject, kindly delivered or otherwise.

Would you look at that, a wall of text! Heh.
Old July 28th, 2009 (06:07 AM). Edited July 28th, 2009 by templekeeper.
templekeeper
Remember: you're a member!

RNG abuse is no more cheating, rather, gamebreaking, than using an IV calculator or using the damage formula in your head. I'm not going to write several paragraphs (maybe three) on this inane discussion because that sentence sums it up, but anyone who argues against it is playing the wrong game. They should go back to GSC before Emerald's "random" numbers. I have many young cousins and neighbors who all come to me with pokemon help, and they all struggle with battling because they don't have a type chart sitting in their head. I land supper-effectives whenever possible, and they all wonder how I do it. I know how to calculate damage. That is no different than if you have insight as to when a shiny will appear. It's an edge.

In all honesty, if someone is against RNG abuse, then they can not abuse it. It's not anyone'e sright to judge another's use of the game. The point of a game is to have fun. If one person has fun by pokesavijng everything while another doesn't even bother to learn how EVs work, then let them. They're both enjoying their game.

I was against RNG abuse a few months ago because the trading community was hit hard with IV-bred, nonchainable shinies, but it's inevitable. We've moved on into a new time in pokemon from where shinies were "rare and valuable". Now they're...I don't have a good word right now. "Luxurious"?

EDIT: oh yeah, I'll be chaining several different targets today...Magmar amongst them-
Old July 28th, 2009 (11:08 AM).
Dragonking_ShinyElite
Trainer

Well I've been Sring for Darkrai and hunting in Ruby as much as I did when I was on a shiny streak. No luck yet but hopefully soon.
and since: Camerupt, Luxray, Torkoal, Noctowl, Shuckle, Metagross, Palkia, Torterra, Stantler, Mismagius, Honchkrow, Latios, Arcanine, Groudon, Altaria, Nidoking, Flareon, Umbreon, Espeon, Victreebel, Sceptile, Swampert, Floatzel, Tyranitar, Regigigas, Rhyperior, Blaziken, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Feraligatr, Armaldo, Cradily, Rotom, Dialga, Swablu, and Dusknoir
Credit to MetalMario and Yami for the SHC card
click to help them grow
Old July 29th, 2009 (05:52 AM). Edited July 29th, 2009 by Stellar.
Stellar
Tiro Finale!
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Stellar
Hey, just wanted to stick my head in since I haven't been very active lately, having only posted once or twice here. I recently misplaced Diamond for quite a while and didn't have the heart to think about anything Pokemon. But it's back, and I'm hatching Eevees at full speed again. I lost count, but I think I'm nearing the 1000 mark. Besides that, however...

My first shiny. (: I was inspired to try chaining again last night since I can't seem to break the 35 mark. I only set off the radar once and walked into a perfectly normal patch. I was feeling so tired at the time that all I could think was, "Haha, that's wierd, this Electrike is blue when it's supposed to be green... oh, it sparkled. WAIT, IT SPARKLED."

Just to clarify, shinies can appear in a non-shiny patch, right? It's just the usual odds. Because even though I was pretty out of it, that patch definitely did not shine; most videos make it seem pretty noticable.

And on the topic of RNG abuse...

@It's Just Fufu: I couldn't have put it better myself. I'm not sure if I deserve the right to agree or not, however, seeing as how I'm an incredibly new (though equally dedicated, IMO) shiny hunter. Now, I just posted because I caught my very first shiny. The moment I realized what I was facing, I just went still and stared at the screen like someone was holding a gun to my head (so I'm a hopeless dork, shut up). I'm almost positive I couldn't get the same thrill out of RNG abuse. It just depends on what you're after, I suppose.

Although I have to admit, it is funny. I run into one single Electrike in my entire game, 1 out of 8,192, and it's shiny. I hatch ~1000 Eevee eggs via the Masuda method, each of them with the odds 1 out of 2,048, and not one of them is shiny. But that's what you get when you deal with chance. xD
→ paired with le sauce.
→ enjoys drawing, animé,
games, & music.
→ hates confrontation,
cold weather, & boredom.
→ always the hopeless optimist.

credit: image | theme

Old July 29th, 2009 (10:49 AM).
Dragonking_ShinyElite
Trainer

Congrats on the Electrike, nice shiny.
and since: Camerupt, Luxray, Torkoal, Noctowl, Shuckle, Metagross, Palkia, Torterra, Stantler, Mismagius, Honchkrow, Latios, Arcanine, Groudon, Altaria, Nidoking, Flareon, Umbreon, Espeon, Victreebel, Sceptile, Swampert, Floatzel, Tyranitar, Regigigas, Rhyperior, Blaziken, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Feraligatr, Armaldo, Cradily, Rotom, Dialga, Swablu, and Dusknoir
Credit to MetalMario and Yami for the SHC card
click to help them grow
Old July 29th, 2009 (02:26 PM).
Stronkadonk
:^)

Nature: Lonely
I laugh at the people who are dimwitted enough to think highly of themselves or consider themselves a shiny hunter just because they can exploit a game and get a definite shiny. Now, if you are an RNG abuser AND you get shinies without screwing around with the RNG, then I can respect you. If you get your shinies through RNGing ONLY, then I don't respect you in the slightest. I'd advise everyone not to do it, because it ruins the value of your shiny. I don't care what anyone else says, but you're not a shiny hunter because you can force the game to give you sparkles.

I'm above 13k for Giratina, at 1,100+ for Registeel, and 8,600 SRs for Zapdos. I'm really pissed off that nothing is sparkling for me.

Good luck, everyone.
Old July 29th, 2009 (02:51 PM).
templekeeper
Remember: you're a member!

I don't like being evil, but let's play devil's advocate here...
Quote originally posted by Illuminati:
I laugh at the people who are dimwitted enough to think highly of themselves or consider themselves a shiny hunter just because they can exploit a game and get a definite shiny. Now, if you are an RNG abuser AND you get shinies without screwing around with the RNG, then I can respect you In all honesty, that's a good chunk of RNG abusers. As much as, for us, it may seem to the contrary, most people aren't aware of this method yet. Of those who know about it, many don't have the patience or brainpower to pull it off.. If you get your shinies through RNGing ONLY, then I don't respect you in the slightest In order to have their SID in the first place, they'd have to have a legit, random shiny to calculate their SID with. I know a kid like this, actually--he found a few random shinies and now RNG hatches like crazy. Is he a shiny hunter?
That or, obviously, AR or pokesav...pokesav users should already have a good amount of guilt (and hardware), and AR users aren't worth our time.. I'd advise everyone not to do it, because it ruins the value of your shiny Something's only worth what you're willing to pay for it. Three Swablus--a randomly found one from Hoenn, one chained on 211 (?), and one hatched in Solaceon with RNG Reporter's help--are all up for trade. You wouldn't trade the same pokemon for each? Value really only exists if you're planning on 'selling' it off to someone else (or are just looking for satisfaction in yourself...which I cannot argue against). Shinies were broken on the dawn of DP (haha...not really), and there's no use denying that. If there was no pokeradar, I'd probably be on theother side of the camp, but, with that gadget around, shinies are close to 'worthless'. The pokeradar, like RNG abuse, requires a little bit of skill. However, if that skill does exist (and no human errors are made when resetting), any shiny but Cacnea, Diglett, Numel, and possibly Snover or Tauros/Miltank can be caught in bulk in a good hour. If it's something fairly common like Bidoof or Murkrow, I'd give you twenty minutes. RNG abuse takes the same amount of time and skill. What if the taps are off? What if the kid is technologically-illiterate and can't run the program? Both methods are very similar.
The location where the pokemon was caught speaks loudly. If it says it was hatched at level 1 on route 209, then any idiot knows how it was caught. If a Zigzagoon is caught on 202, then it was probably chained as a 40% swarmer. Cool. If a Porygon was downed at the Game Corner in FR, then that makes a louder noise than the other two. The merits of traditional shiny hunting still exist, but for traditional shiny hunters to ignore the other methods is frustration with where we've come, essentially. And who wouldn't? I remember being infuriated with the implications of the pkradar because it threw all of my third gen hunting in the wastebasket. Why use my poor-natured shiny Altaria when I can get a fresh one with a neutral or good nature?

What about those who get shiny legends with the RNG method? Let 'em! If they keep 'em for themself, then it's not our business. If they put them up for trade, we'll never know the difference because there is none.. I don't care what anyone else says, but you're not a shiny hunter because you can force Force? Force implies an external device edits the save file...you're not doing anything of the like. the game to give you sparkles.
...that was more than I planned on writing. Oh well, nobody has to read it or anything.
Old July 29th, 2009 (09:04 PM).
It's Just Fufu
Nostalgia is powerful.

Dunno if you guys have read about it yet, but information about the Darkrai WiFi event for US (and I guess Canada) has been posted on pokemon.com; apparently, it's only available for Platinum. I'll definitely be SRing for it in the near future, but I'd like to get a shiny from Ruby or FR first.

Check it out if you get a minute.

Old July 30th, 2009 (03:21 PM).
encas
Don't tread on me.

Nature: Quirky
Ever since obtaining that Safari Zone Nidoran Female, I haven't seen a single shiny. I got Platinum around a week or two ago, and despite beating the game, I haven't found a single one. At this point in my Diamond, I had captured both a shiny Buizel and Pelipper. But I guess that's a good thing, so now I can concentrate on egg-hatched shinies with egg moves.

Anyways, I'm hatching Relicanth at the moment, and I suppose I'll go for a (completely random) shiny. I know the eggs take a long time to hatch, but after you get several and run up and down the routes near Solaceon, it's not that bad. Here's hoping it'll come out blue (and preferably Jolly like the female holding the Everstone) soon!

Oh, and good luck everybody!
Old July 30th, 2009 (04:14 PM).
Stellar
Tiro Finale!
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Stellar
I've got a question. After the surprise Electrike, I was re-inspired to start chaining again, and I swore to myself I'd have a shiny Absol by today. It seems I can't break 35 no matter how careful I am, so has anyone here tried resetting before 40 (in the 20-30s range), and if so, how long can I expect to be resetting?
→ paired with le sauce.
→ enjoys drawing, animé,
games, & music.
→ hates confrontation,
cold weather, & boredom.
→ always the hopeless optimist.

credit: image | theme

Old August 1st, 2009 (10:56 PM).
It's Just Fufu
Nostalgia is powerful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oO0ITaDam0w

Video description says it all. I'm EV training it right now.

What a load off my shoulders! Lol.

Good luck, everyone!

Old August 2nd, 2009 (01:02 PM). Edited August 2nd, 2009 by encas.
encas
Don't tread on me.

Quote originally posted by It's Just Fufu:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oO0ITaDam0w

Video description says it all. I'm EV training it right now.

What a load off my shoulders! Lol.

Good luck, everyone!

Nice; congrats! ^__^ You're right, that is a rareish random encounter shiny.

Anyways, I have grown tired of hatching for Relicanth, so I have moved on to breeding a female English Delibird with a Japanese Smeargle with Rapid Spin. I'll eventually teach it Ice Shard too. Here's hoping for my first ever Masuda Method shiny.

EDIT: Nevermind.

Quote originally posted by encas:
WOAHMIGOD.

Shortly after exiting this thread, I just hatched a shiny Delibird via the Masuda Method in my Platinum! I didn't expect her so quickly! I recall hatching oodles (over 1000) Spinarak eggs in my Diamond and not getting a single shiny. Granted, I haven't gotten a single shiny in Platinum prior to this, so I'm pleasantly surprised. ^__^

Luckily enough, she popped out with a Modest nature, and has Hustle unfortunately, but the great nature and promisingly high-IV characteristic in the right place (mischevious) is good enough.

Pictures coming soon guys.

EDIT: Okay, scratch the picture part; mine came out horribly blurry. But anyways, here are her IVs:

22/23/5/31/22/12 (Speed last)

Not half bad. Not half bad at all. Especially considering she knows Ice Shard and Rapid Spin!
Old August 3rd, 2009 (03:06 AM). Edited August 4th, 2009 by Hikari Ven.
Hikari Ven
Trainer

Downloaded the Member Card in both copies of my Platinum. I am SRing for a shiny one, and hopefully will get it before the end of the month. I have a Timid synch in one copy, and will be using a Modest one in my other copy.

Congrats to new shinies everyone :D.

EDIT: Today, on my 1873rd SR, shiny Darkrai appeared in Platinum. I ended up having to throw the Master Ball, as it was using Struggle and I didn't want it to faint.

Shiny Darkrai pics:

Shiny Darkrai appears, featuring my Japanese shiny Darkrai
Shiny Darkrai
Timid nature

And shortly after supper, I decided to fish for a shiny in FireRed. I was hoping for either a shiny Horsea or a shiny Krabby, and after 7 encounters, a shiny Horsea appeared!! The battle was easy, just put it to Sleep with my Poliwrath's Hypnosis and one Ultra Ball did the trick.

Shiny Horsea pics:

Shiny Horsea appears
Shiny Horsea, shot of my DS
Shiny Horsea, Quirky nature
Stats

Now my next targets are shiny Bulbasaur and shiny Shaymin. I hope that these guys don't take me months to shine. Congrats on all the wonderful new shinies everyone .
Old August 4th, 2009 (07:49 PM).
kill and run
SHINY HUNTER ALL DAY ERRDAY

Nature: Modest
hello im bsack again and i am hunting for shiny darkrai in my platinum that i got the member card or what ever in.....no new shinys wish me luck and good luck and congrats to everyone else :D

Hunts: Darkrai, Minum, Mr. Mime

Newest shinys:
FCS(Just incase i decide to trade/battle)
Platinum: 1118 6111 7333
Diamond: 1548 1773 5855
Old August 5th, 2009 (03:42 PM).
encas
Don't tread on me.

So I was *just* chaining Grimer when I went into a normal sparkly patch on a chain of eight (not a shiny one) when I found a shiny female one! I'm kinda disappointed (I could've bred a random one or something with a cool egg move), but at least it's not something like a Bidoof. This marks the capture of my first fully random Platinum shiny, with my first, Delibird, being a Masuda Method one.

And I check her stats, only to notice that she's Bold (Careful synch failed) with the ability Stench (NOT STICKY HOLD!?!?). Oh well, here's hoping that her ability changes via evolution.
Old August 5th, 2009 (07:27 PM). Edited August 6th, 2009 by It's Just Fufu.
It's Just Fufu
Nostalgia is powerful.

I think a Pokemon's ability changes after evolution only if it is Pal Parked, encas...

Anyhoo...copy and paste from Serebii:

Quote originally posted by me:
OISDHGOIHDGSHLSDOKHSDHGKISDGLK:HGS:LKHGSD:LKHSLD:K HG

CONGRATS ON YOUR SHINY SPHEAL, CA, BUT I'M BACK WITH A NEW SHINY, TOO!!!

And that shiny...is Charmander!!! 16 days of fervent soft resetting...12,027 soft resets total...and shiny Charmander is rightfully mine once again! I had just recently watched CA's video about his shiny Spheal, so I decided to do some SRs while I watched The Real World. I did one SR; of course, the Charmander wasn't shiny. One SR later...

A golden Charmander was smiling back at me, starred and teal-bordered. I don't even know a word to describe how happy I am with this capture! Perhaps electrified? Honestly, I was SRing so lethargically these past few days, but this Charmander is proving to have a galvanic effect on me!

It's around 11 PM here, meaning that I don't have access to the family camera, and I can't make a video just yet. However, tomorrow afte rmy parents leave, I'll take the camera, and make a video. Unfortunately for me, that means I won't be able to play through FR just yet; I'd like to leave my game as "untouched" as possible so that nothing looks fishy to you all.

^____^

Oh, yeah, before I forget, info and stuff.

Male Charmander, BOLD nature. Met in PALLET TOWN at Lv. 5.
HP - 19
Attack: 11
Defense: 11
SAtk: 11
SDef: 10
Speed: 12

I already know the IVs aren't that great...but honestly, that is not important to me at all! My first shiny Charmander, the shiny that I sparked my love for shinies in my first place, now has a companion.

Things don't get much better than this.

Good luck, everyone!

Edit: Oh yeah, for those of you who are part of the whole "lucky ID" school of thought, my ID on FR is 44857...I reset for a new ID every 200 resets once I passed the 11,600. I didn't discriminate at all; simply worked with whatever ID my game gave me. Seeing as how this arrived in only 27 resets on this particular ID...well, I'll let you guys form your own opinions with that information.
Edit: I haven't made the video yet, but I did take some pictures of my new shiny.

Spoiler:

Even though my dad is still here, I'll try to make the video now...simply because I want to start playing through FR, and I can't until I make the vid, lol.

Edit: Here's the link to the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXFj2ny5Uz8

I'm playing through FR while I SR for Kyogre now.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links