The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 23rd, 2010, 11:42 AM
Akidatheart
Pokémom
Community Supporter Tier 2

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via ICQ to Akidatheart Send a message via AIM to Akidatheart Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Akidatheart Send a message via Yahoo to Akidatheart
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMario View Post
YEEEEAAAAHHHHHH!!

After 3,108 soft resets, or 9,324 Pokémon seen:

Given | Field | Screen 1 | Screen 2

Met on Easter, Irwin is the first shiny I've caught without Greg as the OT. (The other is Camerupt.)

Next in line is going to be Ho-oh.

WHYYY?!! ಠ﹏ಠ I've been after shiny Chiko for so long

Craaap, I missed PC's April Fools! Well at least I had fun with Touhousu!
Shiny Totodile is such a pretty color. Congratulations MM! I haven't been shiny hunting at all lately, I just haven't been in the mood for Pokemon.. but my daughter is graduating from college in a few weeks, then she's coming home for a while. I imagine we will be some pokemon playing fools while she's here. (in between WoW raids anyway)

I'm a member of the Shiny Hunters Club

Do the Shiny Dance!
Old April 26th, 2010, 11:49 AM
Pokemon1222
Grabbin some pillz!

Join? Heck yeah! I'm always searching for shinys!
Old April 29th, 2010, 05:29 PM
jscalalamoboy
Beginning Trainer

Guys, you're letting it die!

:'(

I lost my DSi so I can't hunt right now ):
(Awesome picture made by Froggy_00. You should visit his amazingly detailed Pokeradar Chaining website.)
Target:
Old May 1st, 2010, 07:35 PM
It's Just Fufu
Nostalgia is powerful.

Nature: Hasty
Well, I guess no one's getting shinies right now. That's probably why people aren't posting. I know I'm not getting any shinies because I'm currently at 32,240 encounters for a shiny Numel on Route 112, and I haven't seen one shiny yet! I've also been hunting on my other games, too, bring my total for Ho-oh up to 3001 SRs. I don't know how many encounters for Wooper I have, but I've gotten up to 17 days worth of hunting on it.

So what I'm basically trying to say is: will something please shine? ;

Credit goes to ShinysHunters Forum for the image.

Old May 3rd, 2010, 02:36 PM
The Red Chain

Dead club is dead. D:
Well since that's the case I guess I'll show you guys what I chained and obtained yesterday. x3;

Got it after resetting precisely 13 times after hitting 40 in the chain. 8D
Not a bad nature either so I'm pretty happy~
Old May 3rd, 2010, 07:23 PM
Shadow Chaos
Has gone...

Yo. It's been a while.

To the new members, welcome. Have a blast here.
And to the returning ones, welcome back. ^^

Haven't gotten anything new; haven't tried either (SoulSilver, guys. It's addicting). D:
To those that have gotten new Shinies, congratulations. They look awesome. 8D
And to those trying to get one, don't stop, keep going and you'll get it. =D
Anyways, I'm here because I am withdrawing from the Club. I'm leaving PokeCommunity, and am here to bid farewell (funny, just when people began to return and the place had just began to pick too...).
Keep this place alive, everyone. It's one of the longest lasting Clubs, and hopefully it'll continue to be for Generations (game-wise, of course) to come. ^_^
So till we meet again one day...
Later.

10/12
Old May 3rd, 2010, 09:28 PM
MetalMario
Donator Tier 4

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MetalMario
Welcome, Metagold, and anyone else who may have joined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Just Fufu View Post
Well, I guess no one's getting shinies right now. That's probably why people aren't posting. I know I'm not getting any shinies because I'm currently at 32,240 encounters for a shiny Numel on Route 112, and I haven't seen one shiny yet! I've also been hunting on my other games, too, bring my total for Ho-oh up to 3001 SRs. I don't know how many encounters for Wooper I have, but I've gotten up to 17 days worth of hunting on it.

So what I'm basically trying to say is: will something please shine? ;
AHAAHAHA!, I remember when I blew so much time on Route 114 looking for that shiny Seviper :D THOSE were the good times!

I guess as far as activity goes, you have to pick your poison. Sereibii has loads of activity but most of them are n00bs and disgruntled mods attacking the n00bs, and heaven help you if you get caught in the crossfire.

So I've reached Ho-oh in Heart Gold, but I'm a bit unsure how to go about weakening it to capture without a Master Ball. My usual Breloom gets offed like nothing after one of any of Ho-oh's attacks, since they are all super-effective!

I'd rather be a comma than a full stop

osu!
stream
github
latest shiny: Boldore (Oct.30/11)
Old May 6th, 2010, 08:07 PM
It's Just Fufu
Nostalgia is powerful.

How long did it take you to get that shiny Seviper anyway, MetalMario?

Edit: Wait, never mind. I remember you claimed it through PokeRadaring...so I suppose what I should ask his how long did you spend hunting for it, and did you ever count the encounters?

Old May 8th, 2010, 01:40 AM
Runasutaru
Guardian Spectre

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Runasutaru
UPDATE: Yay, I resetted until I got a good IV'd Modest Darkrai. Time to go for Shaymin and SR for a Shiny! :D

SUPER UPDATE: Finally got to Shaymin after an arduous time of my pencil sharpener holding the Up button for at least a hour! Time to SR!

--------------------------

*Puts on a pirate hat*
Yarr, me hearties! How be ye in these days that pass? I see 'dis ol' ship 'ere still be goin'! *Throws a coin into the sea* Ahem. Silly RP aside, HEYA! Long time no speak and stuff!
See, I got myself a USB Adapter, so I can *finally* use WiFi! With the assistance of a friend (that didn't mind keeping my brother's Pokémon in storage), I have successfully used the tweaking glitch to get to Darkrai! I'm resetting for a good IV/Natured one, but who knows if a shiny won't appear in the meantime?
After I get either kind of Darkrai, I'm definitely SRing for a Shiny Shaymin. That's going to be fun!

So, to all of you who've been with us for long and for short, have a nice day! I'll be lurking. *Grins*

P.S: The Disco Snake is a lie! *Steals MM's game*

~*Guardian Spectre of the Shiny Hunters' Club*~

Friend Safari: Shuppet, Phantump, Spiritomb
3DS FC: 1736 1330 4876
Pearl FC: 0560 9747 0686
Soul Silver FC: 4770 1082 0019
Black FC: 2236 6346 1481

Last edited by Runasutaru; May 8th, 2010 at 12:02 PM.
Old May 8th, 2010, 05:42 PM
Le Krome
Hi iM sPeNcEr

Nature: Lonely
Wats up n00bs.

I guess I should probably start posting here a bit more... hehe...

Since I've been long-gone, I've only gotten a single shiny - Chikorita. It is now a Bayleef on my HeartGold, and I am saved in front of the Dogs - going for a shiny Entei or Raikou right now. Well, actually, that's on hold. I'm only going to be hunting Giratina until it finally shines. And Fufu and I have something in common - 30,000. That's right. We're in the 30,000 club. I'd feel honored if I wasn't so depressed over not having my sparkly Death Dragon thingy by now. Anyways...

So yeah. Just Chikorita. But it's a start. If one of my brothers lets me, I will restart their copy of Heartgold/Soulsilver to SR another shiny starter. Hopefully it appears as fast as Chikorita did (only 300 SRs), but beggars can't be choosers... sad, I know. But hey, if we could chose, Fufu and I would have had our targets long ago. ;D

So that's it for now, good luck/congrats to all, and pea soup.
Old May 8th, 2010, 06:33 PM
HaloSonic
NOM NOM NOM

Nature: Relaxed
hmm, I wouldnt mind joining. as for promising to hnt for shinies, ive been doing that since i knew what shinies were. lets see what i remember catching..

2nd Gen

Gyarados (obviously)
Cleffa
Igglybuff
Ledyba
Goldeen (2010/06/16)
Elekid

3rd Gen

Mahuitika
Haryama
Machop X 2
Machoke
Machamp
Torkoal
Golbat
Crobat
Geodude
Zigzagoon/Bidoof (via romhack)

4th Gen

Ponyta
Nosepass

Ill update as i catch. i do it the old fashoined way, and pokeradar, with the masuda method in 4th as well.

Good Bye Nintendo WiFi, you were fun. (my codes won't work anymore, so.... ya, hit me up on 3DS if you want dem trades.)

Last edited by HaloSonic; September 5th, 2010 at 02:54 PM.
Old May 9th, 2010, 09:23 AM
It's Just Fufu
Nostalgia is powerful.

A few months ago, I was looking at shiny sprites of various Pokemon using the SerebiiDex as a resource. Lots of Pokemon caught my eye, and I made some mental notes about which shinies would be some future targets of mine. They were shinies that I thought were nice, but I simply didn't like them enough to hunt for them right away.

Then I got to see Numel's shiny sprite. The stark contrast of light brown body and its vivid blue hump just grabbed my attention in a way that I can't fully express...and it was at this moment that I decided to begin to hunt for a shiny Numel. It appealed to me so much more than the other shinies, and I just had to have one of my own. Something impelled me to hunt for it immediately.

And so I did. I began by random encountering for it on my Sapphire version, killing every Numel I saw in order to level up my Pokemon. After a few weeks of Numel poaching, I had gone through 8200 Numel without seeing a shiny. For some reason I can't seem to remember at the moment, I decided to take a break from Numel at this point.

The break, however, did not last too long. Soon afterward, I was back at hunting Numel. This time I had a new strategy; instead of wasting time dwindling the Numel population and driving them to extinction, I would simply run away from any non-shiny Pokemon. I also decided to double encounter for Numel on both my Ruby and Sapphire to make the hunt go by faster.

This went on for a period of few weeks. The number just kept climbing and climbing, and it made me angry. I felt that it was ironic how I could easily get shinies that I didn't even particularly like, but when I really wanted a shiny, I always had to work my ass off for it. Thoughts of giving up began to creep into my mind. Paranoia of finding a shiny Machop instead of a shiny Numel began to discourage me from hunting as well.

However, I persevered.

Spoiler:

Not shiny...

Spoiler:

Again not shiny...

Spoiler:

The search continued...could it possibly last forever?

Spoiler:

Yes, it can last forever...

Spoiler:

Or perhaps it will not.

I assure, you my fellow shiny hunters, you're not hallucinating! I thought I was hallucinating as well, but no, the stars confirmed it all!!!

After 36,280 encounters, I am the owner of a shiny Numel!!!

And with that...my longest recorded hunt ever is finally complete. I am content, and I have nothing more to say.

Spoiler:

Oh, yeah, I made a video, but I accidentally deleted. It wasn't that great of a video anyway because it's not a live encounter or anything, and the image quality sucked of course, so I'm not really too upset about that.

Old May 9th, 2010, 09:28 AM
HaloSonic
NOM NOM NOM

cool... just realized it was a female numel for May and a male one from Brendan. I once tried to get a numel by at method, and i found a shiny machop instead..

Good Bye Nintendo WiFi, you were fun. (my codes won't work anymore, so.... ya, hit me up on 3DS if you want dem trades.)

Last edited by HaloSonic; May 9th, 2010 at 09:33 AM.
Old May 9th, 2010, 03:23 PM
NintendoDSi54
Beginning Trainer

can i join because im on hg searching for shiny jhoto starter
Old May 10th, 2010, 09:33 AM
Runasutaru
Guardian Spectre

I iz SRing mah Shiny Shaymin, real hardkor! /ghetto
Around 660 resets so far and still going, even as I type!

Congratulations on the elusive Numel, Fufu! *Gives you cookie* And nice Shiny collection there, Halo! Hope you can join us. :D

Random question, if MM passes by... I'm SRing for a Shaymin that I got to thanks to the tweaking glitch - it's a legit Shaymin, but I got to it without an event nor any actual cheats - would it still count for the ShinyDex?

---

BONUS CONTENT!
After a bit of randomly messing with the previews of the new starters, coupled with Skype madness, here's my prediction...

BEHOLD! Fire duckling, lightbulb beaver and manrabbitpig samurai!
Oh boy.

---

Update: At about 940 resets, now.

Last edited by Runasutaru; May 11th, 2010 at 07:51 AM.
Old May 12th, 2010, 02:54 AM
이큐리
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
What if I breed shinies? Would that qualify me to join or probably not? o.o
Old May 12th, 2010, 04:50 AM
Runasutaru
Guardian Spectre

Aye, it sure would. Shiny hunting is any activity that messes with a CHANCE to get a Shiny (breeding, Radar, normal wild encounters, resetting) and the like. In fact, I've tried doing that in the past, opened over 5000 Torchic eggs - no luck.

------

Around 1180 resets so far for Shaymin.

Last edited by Runasutaru; May 12th, 2010 at 12:51 PM.
Old May 21st, 2010, 09:51 AM
NER:D
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Quiet
I'm currently SRing for a shiny Mudkip in Soul Silver. Luckily I don't need him/her urgently, so I SR for a while each day and then do something else in the game, cause I don't have the patience to just sit for hours trying to get it.

signature by adorkable
Old May 22nd, 2010, 09:46 PM
MetalMario
Donator Tier 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaloSonic View Post
hmm, I wouldnt mind joining. as for promising to hnt for shinies, ive been doing that since i knew what shinies were. lets see what i remember catching
Welcome to the club.

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Just Fufu View Post
A few months ago,
I was so waiting for the last one to be a shiny Machop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runasutaru View Post
Random question, if MM passes by... I'm SRing for a Shaymin that I got to thanks to the tweaking glitch - it's a legit Shaymin, but I got to it without an event nor any actual cheats - would it still count for the ShinyDex?
No unsupported hardware is required for tweaking, and the chances are worse than 1/1000, so yes, it will count.

*yawn* I need to track down a Sunkern to use with the FEAR set against Ho-oh. I've been spending the time breeding Riolus and progressing on Soul Silver instead.

osu!
stream
github
Old May 23rd, 2010, 03:36 AM
Runasutaru
Guardian Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMario View Post
No unsupported hardware is required for tweaking, and the chances are worse than 1/1000, so yes, it will count.
w00t! :D
Small update: Around 1340 resets for Shaymin - I've been going slow because of school work (and shaking my bro's PokéWalker like a maraca with my left hand all day).

Old May 23rd, 2010, 07:29 PM
It's Just Fufu
Nostalgia is powerful.

These pictures are hugeeeeeee

Spoiler:

That's right people, after only a mere 2,354 encounters, shiny Tangela graced my screen on FireRed. Technically, it only took 1177 encounters on FireRed because I was double encountering for it on FireRed and LeafGreen.

I was watching some random videon on YouTube while triple hunting for Tangela on my two games and Ho-oh on HG. Then I glanced down at my screen, like I always do; the Tangela was about halfway finished scrolling across the grass when I recognized that it was shiny. I had planned on putting up the Help Menu so that I could catch the initial shine, but I froze as soon as I was able to tell that it was shiny.

The capture was relatively easy, too; I caught in a Nest Ball. I plan on EVing it and evolving it into a Tangrowth.

Here are some more pictures; they're in spoilers because they're frickin' huge.

Spoiler:

And here is the crappy-quality video for your viewing pleasure. And yes, I am sick, but I hope you will enjoy it.

My next target will be Rayquaza on R/S. I want to see how fast I can get the black dragon...however, I won't stay at it forever. If it doesn't shine by 10,000 soft resets, I'll just move on to random encountering for Spheal.

Good luck, everyone!

Edit2:

Ehh...copy+paste from Serebii? Yesh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Well, folks, my wishes have been answered! After 7,635 soft resets...

Spoiler:

Shiny Ho-oh appeared on my HeartGold!

I had just finished up an episode of Case Closed when it appeared. I was able to tell that it was shiny as it was scrolling across the screen, so I shut the DS as quickly as I could. Because it was so late, I did not have immediate access to my family's camera, so I eventually opened the D_S just to see the initial stars myself. I ended up getting the camera and making a video (I even stopped it midway through to take a picture of the ShinyDex and then I continued the video from there. Unfortunately, I messed up somewhere while I was trying to use Windows MovieMaker, and I ended up deleting the video somehow.

But to be honest, I don't care too much. The important thing is that it's shiny and that it's finally mine! I'm so grateful that I got it, too, because now I can finally FINISH playing HeartGold! I can get things like the GB Player; I can explore the newly updated lands of Kanto; heck, I can fight Red once again! After I EV-train my new shiny Ho-oh, I'm going to focus on completing the main storyline in HG before June 1st; that way I can really focus on getting Wooper for the Johto Tour.

Here are some more pictures for your viewing pleasure:

Spoiler:

IVs according to Metalkid-- Ho-oh - #250 (Adamant): 13 - 14 / 25 - 26 / 18 - 19 / 29 / 17 - 18 / 12 - 13

Ho-oh departing its old home -- it's definitely my favorite picture of the bunch.

Sparkles!

Boy am I satisfied with this shiny. :D Good luck to everyone else, and I am now looking forward to the Johto Tour more than ever!

/needstosleep
Lol spoiler abuse. I only use them because my pictures are so large...

Last edited by It's Just Fufu; May 27th, 2010 at 10:30 PM.
Old June 2nd, 2010, 05:32 PM
MetalMario
Donator Tier 4

Dayum, Fufu

I got a shiny Ho-oh on the 27th--a day before--while en route to Toronto for Anime North.

It only took me 101 soft resets. Sadly, I was forced to throw the Master Ball since it broke out of all 15 of my Fast Balls and all 10 of my Heavy Balls.

My battle strategy was fine. I had a fainted Adamant sync in the lead slot, and a Sunkern @ Focus Sash knowing Endeavour right after. My poisoned Breloom @ Occa Berry was on hand to keep it asleep. It worked like a charm, but the 1HP sleeping Ho-oh would not stay inside any balls.

Pictures will be coming tomorrow once my DS is at home.

osu!
stream
github
Old June 3rd, 2010, 05:48 AM
It's Just Fufu
Nostalgia is powerful.

Congratulations on that shiny Ho-oh capture, MM. It's a splendid shiny, ain't it? Can't wait to see the pictures.

Well as for me, I've been doing quite a bit of Riolu hatching. I'm now at about 1770 eggs, which is a decent amount. Still not 2048, but meh...I got up to 4000 encounters for Spheal and 5000 encounters for Trapinch, but I'm taking a break from Spheal and will hunt for Torkoal instead. I want to try and get at all the Fire and Dragon type shinies, so getting a shiny Spheal is not really a top priority at the moment.

Getting a shiny Wooper, on the other hand, is a top priority, because I want to soft reset for shiny Entei and Raikou! I'm on Day 27 of encountering for it. I've also started counting my SRs for Piplup again; even though the count will be completely inaccurate because I've done a few months worth of soft resetting without counting, but for some reason, I just can't seem to find the motivation for it unless I have some sort of count going on. Oh well.

Good luck everyone, and happy shiny hunting.

Edit: I'm going to begin SRing for a shiny Heatran soon as well. I did a few SRs for it in the past, but I never counted them. The more I look at its shiny sprite, the more I want it, haha.

Last edited by It's Just Fufu; June 4th, 2010 at 12:27 PM.
Old June 6th, 2010, 11:55 AM
Ivix_Kuroshu
Beginning Trainer

Hey there Shiny Hunters! If I could, I'd like to join this amazing club.

To be honest, I only just started Shiny Hunting, and I've never been lucky enough to encounter a random Shiny, so all I've got for now is my Shiny Scizor that I got using the Masuda Method after only 138 hatches. Right now I'm EV training my team with help from the Poke Radar, so maybe I'll encounter a Shiny or two if I'm lucky.
Old June 6th, 2010, 01:55 PM
It's Just Fufu
Nostalgia is powerful.

Well, everyone, another new shiny from yours truly. I love being able to hunt for like 14 hours a day, lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZN1lTQPsq-E

Click the link to find out what it is! :p I got it after 2,087 or 2,088 encounters, technically.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links