The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 7th, 2011, 11:21 AM
vagrantwanderer
Saturated Sarcasm

Advertise here
Well, might as well introduce myself since I'm taking a break and eating a tuna sandwich :D
I can't officially join the club quite yet- I lost my only shiny when my save file was corrupted on Platinum (my poor poor Noctowl :'( ). The Pokemon on my Most Wanted List are currently as follows: Evee/Umbreon, Oshawott, Axew, Sewaddle, Trapinch, Charmander, Sandslash, Treecko, and Beldum. Though I am focusing on SRing for an Oshawott right now. Good Luck to everyone!

Last edited by vagrantwanderer; May 7th, 2011 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old May 7th, 2011, 11:54 AM
G.U.Y.
Bubblegum Betch
Community Supporter

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by vagrantwanderer View Post
Well, might as well introduce myself since I'm taking a break and eating a tuna sandwich :D
I can't officially join the club quite yet- I lost my only shiny when my save file was corrupted on Platinum (my poor poor Noctowl :'( ). The Pokemon on my Most Wanted List are currently as follows: Evee/Umbreon, Oshawott, Axew, Sewaddle, Trapinch, Charmander, Sandslash, Treecko, and Beldum. Though I am focusing on SRing for an Oshawott right now. Good Luck to everyone!
You don't need shinies to join.

Welcome~

♫ Sold my soul and yes the truth hurt ♪
Old May 8th, 2011, 01:15 AM
Evil Sonic
Fufufu, All according to plan.

Nature: Naive
I started this hunt almost right after I got my shiny Seviper and after 1,160 eggs it shone!

Spoiler:

A shiny Mienfoo! One of my favorite Unova Pokemon and shinies!
I named her after one of my OCs.

Video here!

I am a member of the Shiny Hunters Club!
::My GPXPlus account::
Diamond FC: 1763 1441 8561 (Name: Evey)
Black FC: 4212 3408 4293 (Name: Evey)
Old May 8th, 2011, 08:38 AM
Hooh54
Perhaps it is over.

Nature: Sassy
Wow! Mienfoo and Mienshao are great shinies! Good job!

For all you soft reseters out there, here a trick to make your life easier

1. Get a long rubber band.
2. Put it down the top of the DS so it press the L and R buttons and rests where the mic is
3. Now you only have to press start and select.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old May 8th, 2011, 10:23 AM
Latios Master
11 Year PC Member

Nature: Adamant
I'd like to rejoin the Shiny Hunter's Club. I've caught the following shinies from random encounters: Pidgey, Golbat (not Zubat), Oddish, Silcoon, and Skitty. I got Golbat, Oddish, and Skitty in gen 3, Silcoon in Diamond, and Pidgey in SoulSilver. I'm currently using the Masuda method in White.
Old May 8th, 2011, 01:18 PM
G-Money
Polychromatic Iridescence

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latios Master View Post
I'd like to rejoin the Shiny Hunter's Club. I've caught the following shinies from random encounters: Pidgey, Golbat (not Zubat), Oddish, Silcoon, and Skitty. I got Golbat, Oddish, and Skitty in gen 3, Silcoon in Diamond, and Pidgey in SoulSilver. I'm currently using the Masuda method in White.
Welcome back!!! We're so glad to have you rejoin!! What are you trying to hatch on White right now?

Guys, Latios Master is an SHC legend - out of all non-owners/co-owners, in terms of seniority, he's the #2 shiny hunter of all time!!! He joined on the very first day that the SHC ever existed, and, overall, he's the #6 shiny hunter EVER. Let's give Latios Master a huge round of applause as we welcome back an ancient legend!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Sonic View Post
A shiny Mienfoo!
Congratulations!! That's awesome! :cer_boogie:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagrantwanderer View Post
Welcome to the Shiny Hunter's Club! I'm really sorry to hear about your Noctowl. Hopefully you'll be able to recapture him at some point in the near future.

I like all of your targets! You have very good taste in hunting, as several of those are on my list too.

Landorus already addressed this, but I'm going to expand upon his ruling:

A shiny hunter is one who hunts shinies. Shiny hunters shiny hunt, and shinies get hunted by shiny hunters. The shiny huntees are hunted by the shiny hunters, who hunt shiny shinies. A Shiny Hunter's Club is a club owned by a shiny hunter, who happens to be Landorus.

You don't need any shinies to join! Every shiny hunter is welcome here, regardless of success. If you hunt shinies, you're a shiny hunter. Don't worry about not having any right now! We're not the Shiny Collectors Club, or the Shiny Predators Club, or the Shiny Hoarders Club, or the Club of People With Very Good Luck. (If this were the last one, I would've been banned long ago, "lol.") We're the Shiny Hunter's Club!

We were originally the Shiny Hunters Club, a club composed of shiny hunters, but then Landorus usurped power and made it the Shiny Hunter's Club, which is a club owned by a specific shiny hunter. Perhaps a better alternative would have been the oligarchical Shiny Hunters's Club: a club owned by a group of shiny hunters. :D

The thrill is in the hunt! If you love hunting shinies, that's all you need! Because you're hunting a shiny, you can officially join the club, and we're more than happy to have you here.

G-Money's [Lack of] Progress:

I hunted for about 10 hours yesterday, SRing for the Johto starters. Today, I SRed for Mudkip for 3-4 hours and about 1 hour for the Johto starters. I might start the Litwick hunt up again, since it would be interesting to see how many encounters I have. I'm sure that I have well over 8,000 for Mudkip, and probably around the same for Drifloon. Hitmonlee, the Sinnoh starters, the LG Game Corner, the snow routes in Pearl, and Emerald's Desert Underpass probably have 8,000 encounters between them, too.

I was reading about competitive Pokemon battles earlier today, and that sounds fun too, "lol." I already have way too many targets as it is, but I would like to be able to have some strong Pokemon in the far future. I've never actually EV trained a Pokemon, but I'm sure it'll be a good way to shiny hunt. Also, it would be be really cool to have an entire team of 6 level 100 shinies!

Current goals:

All shiny Hoenn SRables
All shiny starters
All shiny ghosts
Complete Pokedex
A shiny team?

Yup, I don't expect to come anywhere close to finishing any of them for a long, long, time, "lol."

Path of the Dragon: 2/7
Path of the Ghost: 7/18
Path of the Starter: 6/18

Last edited by G-Money; May 8th, 2011 at 01:33 PM.
Old May 8th, 2011, 03:17 PM
Hooh54
Perhaps it is over.

Quote:
A shiny hunter is one who hunts shinies. Shiny hunters shiny hunt, and shinies get hunted by shiny hunters. The shiny huntees are hunted by the shiny hunters, who hunt shiny shinies. A Shiny Hunter's Club is a club owned by a shiny hunter, who happens to be Landorus
lol tongue twister

SAY IT FAST. REALLY FAST.

No luck with Cobalion. Shiny Meganium is really growing on me, as well as Meganium itself. Is there any other places you can get Chicarita in HG/SS? I'm not looking forward to hatching 1201983479238468612 eggs to get it, though.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old May 8th, 2011, 03:29 PM
Latios Master
11 Year PC Member

Thanks, G-Money, that's very kind of you. I don't consider myself a legend, lol.

Right now I'm trying to hatch a shiny Staryu. I've also been hatching Snivy and Litwick.
Old May 8th, 2011, 06:33 PM
TheGr8
lovely pair<3
Community Supporter Tier 5

I would like to be a part of this club. Although until my platinum has full Sinnoh dex, I use my friends Diamond to chain pokemon. Also for the next month I have a competitive tournament coming up, so I am working on my gen V team.

The only shinies I have right now are:
Ditto
Stunky

I would love to be a part of this, because I just got into to chaining. Almost had a Ponyta earlier, but the chain broke at 36 :/

I want to try other methods of obtaining Shinies. Such as Masuda.

and reading a few posts above motivated me to unwrap my white version and SR for Shiny Snivy. So off to the hunt I go

Youtube | Twitter | VGC| Pair

Signature by Khalei

Last edited by TheGr8; May 8th, 2011 at 06:59 PM.
Old May 8th, 2011, 07:24 PM
MetalMario
Donator Tier 4

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MetalMario
Congratulations to Fufu for the Tepig! And I was sure you'd beat me to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Money View Post
Shiny Hoarders Club
*hides*

I can produce somewhat balanced shiny teams, although there's usually one or two non-shiny members I'll want to use.

I am now playing through Black hoping for random shinies. I'd especially like a shiny Roggenrola for my team. I also have Turtwig breeding set up on my Pearl game. I'd like to set up Chikorita breeding on HG, but it's a bit involved if I want to make everything legit and still have access to those awesome IVs I got on Emerald.

I also found something verry odd when SRing for good IVs on the Red Gyarados: Whenever I trick a Focus Sash onto it and it activates, it disappears forever! Is this a known bug? Tricksashing is the method I have planned for shiny Giratina whenever I get around to that.

So, I guess to recap my "current" hunts (where "current" means set up on some game and I at least do some hunting occasionally), I'm working on:

Kyogre on Sapphire
Turtwig on Pearl
Druddigon on White

I'd rather be a comma than a full stop

osu!
stream
github
latest shiny: Boldore (Oct.30/11)
Old May 9th, 2011, 05:05 PM
G-Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooh54 View Post
lol tongue twister

SAY IT FAST. REALLY FAST.

No luck with Cobalion. Shiny Meganium is really growing on me, as well as Meganium itself. Is there any other places you can get Chicarita in HG/SS? I'm not looking forward to hatching 1201983479238468612 eggs to get it, though.
"lol" I tried reading it aloud and I couldn't do it!

The only way to get Chikorita is by either SRing at Birch's lab or by breeding, sorry. You can also get one in Emerald, but you need to complete the entire Hoenn Pokedex, and Emerald is a disaster on which to SR. Some people have done 20,000+ SRs for Chikorita in Emerald with no luck *coughMetalMariocoughcough,* so I don't think that would be a very good idea. If you can, definitely SR for it at the beginning of the game, unless you want egg moves or a certain nature.

Quote:
Right now I'm trying to hatch a shiny Staryu. I've also been hatching Snivy and Litwick.
Good luck! Maybe we could have a race for Litwick? Even though it's my #3 hunt, it could give you a free win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGr8 View Post
I would like to be a part of this club. Although until my platinum has full Sinnoh dex, I use my friends Diamond to chain pokemon. Also for the next month I have a competitive tournament coming up, so I am working on my gen V team.

The only shinies I have right now are:
Ditto
Stunky

I would love to be a part of this, because I just got into to chaining. Almost had a Ponyta earlier, but the chain broke at 36 :/

I want to try other methods of obtaining Shinies. Such as Masuda.

and reading a few posts above motivated me to unwrap my white version and SR for Shiny Snivy. So off to the hunt I go
Welcome to the club! Congrats on shiny Ditto - I love it! What's better than a blue glob of goo?

Good luck on your Snivy quest! And it would be pretty cool if you EVed Stunky and brought it to level 100 for the tournament; imagine the look on the faces of your opponents when they see a shiny Skuntank bring them down! :cer_laugh:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMario View Post
I can produce somewhat balanced shiny teams, although there's usually one or two non-shiny members I'll want to use.
With, what, 54 shinies, I'm sure you have at least some useable OUs. :D You could probably make several awesome shiny teams, "lol."

Quote:
I also found something verry odd when SRing for good IVs on the Red Gyarados: Whenever I trick a Focus Sash onto it and it activates, it disappears forever! Is this a known bug? Tricksashing is the method I have planned for shiny Giratina whenever I get around to that.
It disappears? :O Does it disappear in the middle of battle, or does its overworld sprite leave? That's strange!

EDIT: Wait, were you talking about the Focus Sash or the Gyarados? When you use Trick, you lose your item permanently, unless it's a Wifi battle, a wireless battle, or the Battle Frontier. That's what makes it a sacrifice, but it's worth it for shinies. If your False Swiper is strong enough, though, I'd go with that instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Steelix Lv X, October 16, 2007
WOOOT LOL Finally!! HEATRAN IS MINE!!!! lol here's what happened.
I was just posting a new message on the boards here and I looked at the coming Heatran...Red My eyes widened and then I saw the stars circle it, "SHINY!!!" and as promised I jumped around crazily in joy I went on to catch it. Hard battle, But my ultimate strategy worked in the end hehehe.
Most essential Move

That's right TRICK!!!
What item was my Alakazam holding? why none other than the magnificent FOCUS SASH

Hehehe that's right, An item that you must sacrifice but you can potential get it every 3 days anyways. I call this strategy "TrickSashing" So I tricked Heatran into holding Focus Sash, then switched in my lv73 Empoleon holding choice specs. I then Attacked with Surf...oh noes, its gonna be knockedz out!! oh oh oh wait Heatran held on using its Focus Sash!! And that's how you bring something down to exactly one HP in 2-3 turns :p The battle from there was all unlucky for me, it knocked out my first sleeper Gengar with one Lava Plume, then I sent in Bibarel and yawned it. Started chucking Dusk Balls.
EDIT II: Going by this same logic, shouldn't FEAR Rattata also work against all non-Ghost types? That way, you don't have to lose a valuable item and you don't have to worry about False Swipe not being powerful enough. As long as there aren't any weather conditions or recoiling moves, that sounds like the perfect shiny hunting Pokemon. Even if the shiny doesn't attack, it'll still be brought down to the HP of a level 1 Rattata, which is pretty low. Switch in Spore, and you've practically maximized your capture chances! Maybe FEAR Rattata would be the best shiny hunting aide...

Last edited by G-Money; May 9th, 2011 at 08:20 PM.
Old May 9th, 2011, 06:02 PM
TheGr8
lovely pair<3

Quote:
"lol" I tried reading it aloud and I couldn't do it!

The only way to get Chikorita is by either SRing at Birch's lab or by breeding, sorry. You can also get one in Emerald, but you need to complete the entire Hoenn Pokedex, and Emerald is a disaster on which to SR. Some people have done 20,000+ SRs for Chikorita in Emerald with no luck *coughMetalMariocoughcough,* so I don't think that would be a very good idea. If you can, definitely SR for it at the beginning of the game, unless you want egg moves or a certain nature.

Good luck! Maybe we could have a race for Litwick? Even though it's my #3 hunt, it could give you a free win.

Welcome to the club! Congrats on shiny Ditto - I love it! What's better than a blue glob of goo?

Good luck on your Snivy quest! And it would be pretty cool if you EVed Stunky and brought it to level 100 for the tournament; imagine the look on the faces of your opponents when they see a shiny Skuntank bring them down! :cer_laugh:

With, what, 54 shinies, I'm sure you have at least some useable OUs. :D You could probably make several awesome shiny teams, "lol."

It disappears? :O Does it disappear in the middle of battle, or does its overworld sprite leave? That's strange!

Thanks for bringing up tricksashing! It's a good plan, and it's kind of like false swipe. It sounds like a good shiny hunting method!

EDIT: Going by this same logic, shouldn't FEAR Rattata also work against all non-Ghost types? That way, you don't have to lose a valuable item and you don't have to worry about False Swipe not being powerful enough. As long as there aren't any weather conditions or recoiling moves, that sounds like the perfect shiny hunting Pokemon. Even if the shiny doesn't attack, it'll still be brought down to the HP of a level 1 Rattata, which is pretty low. Switch in Spore, and you've got practically maximized your capture chances! Maybe FEAR Rattata would be the best shiny hunting aide...

It's actually for a trade for a Shiny Arcanine which has me very excited. lol

Signature by Khalei

Old May 10th, 2011, 12:12 PM
MetalMario
Donator Tier 4

Quote:
Some people have done 20,000+ SRs for Chikorita in Emerald with no luck *coughMetalMariocoughcough,*
No, that was Treecko I did 20,000 for. Then much later, I used Sapphire, found THREE (!!) uncatchable shiny Poochyena DUPEs, then shiny Treecko, all under 1,000 SRs. I've probably hatched a couple thousand Chikoritas on Emerald, and at least another 1000 on Fire Red. (I have the black egg sticker.) I don't have a Storyteller on hand so I can't give the exact count.

Shiny breeding on Emerald shouldn't be so rigged, since you get to go through tens of thousands of frames in a session.

I should probably move Chikorita breeding to Heart Gold, but I'd greatly prefer if I had a High-IV female to breed with. Unfortunately, that's a bit difficult since I don't own a Japanese game. It also seems a shame to lose out on getting a Bold/Calm shiny. I could use White, but then I wouldn't have her on Generation IV.

Quote:
Count me in! Litwick is very high on my Generation V hit list--maybe third, behind Druddigon and Gigalith. I was going to save her hunt for when I need something to EV.

Quote:
Not exactly the balanced team I like to use. I like my Vaporeon, Tyranitar, and Electivire even if they are plainly coloured.

Quote:
When you use Trick, you lose your item permanently
I can Trick it back to myself without issue. If I catch the Gyarados without activating the Focus Sash, it is holding it, as expected. It's only when the sash activates that it disappears--as if it got "consumed." My False Swiper is Level 32 and it takes too many turns to weaken it to SR very fast. (I'm SRing for high IVs/Jolly.)

I used FEAR with a Sunkern to catch shiny Ho-oh last summer. The opponent needs to be strong enough to guarantee an OHKO on you with its weakest move.

I guess the Focus Sash thing is a bug. It's probably still worth sacrificing a Focus Sash to capture a shiny! I'll be tricksashing to catch shiny Giratina whenever I get around to him. Too bad Gentle is such a bad Nature, or I might get the chance to use my shiny Zam as a tricksasher/syncer occasionally.

Now that I think of Ho-oh, who wants to help me name some shinies? I either don't have names or I am dissatisfied with them for:
Pidgeot
Politoed
Starly
Swellow
Delibird
Buneary
Ledian
Flygon
Ho-oh
Lucario

osu!
stream
github
Old May 10th, 2011, 02:12 PM
Hooh54
Perhaps it is over.

Pidgeot - Glory, R.I.P my Shiny Pidgey's name.
Politoed - Blender
Starly - Cedar
Swellow - Swift
Delibird - Sant/Mrs. Claus
Buneary - Dawn
Ledian - No Idea
Flygon - No idea
Ho-oh - Hoshi ("Star" in Japanese)
Lucario - No idea

Old May 10th, 2011, 06:41 PM
2Cool4Mewtwo
Pwning in Ubers since 1996.

Nature: Rash
2 days ago I've hatched a shiny ralts and now is a gallade Took me couple thousand odd eggs to hatch it, I've stopped counting after around 1.5k

Didn't have a picture at that time, but I guess I could post it later... it's currently sitting on my box, but once I get another one of my pokemon to lv100 then I'll consider putting it on my main team

On a side note, I did acquire a shiny magikarp couple days ago, but it's a hacked one from my cousin @_@ (it has moves like draco meteor, earthquake, etc. - don't count this one for the contest!)

I'll set my next target for shiny in a couple days... who knows what'll it be?

Last edited by 2Cool4Mewtwo; May 10th, 2011 at 06:49 PM.
Old May 10th, 2011, 10:09 PM
Latios Master
11 Year PC Member

Count me in for the Litwick race.

I forgot to mention that I spent some time trying to hatch a shiny Eevee so that I could get a shiny Umbreon, which IMO is the coolest shiny. I gave up after a dozen or so eggs, lol. I've spent most of my breeding time on Snivy and Litwick. My favorite shiny forms in gen 5 are Sandile and Litwick. The Japanese Ditto I'm using has a Timid nature, so it works well with hatching Litwick. I'm searching for good IVs at the same time that I'm breeding for a shiny. So far I've found one with a perfect IV, which was in HP. I got two Snivys with a perfect IV, one in attack and one in speed. I'm holding off on Sandile until I get a female Sandile with a Jolly nature. What are your top 2 hunts, G-Money?

I found out that my shiny Golbat has a perfect IV in Sp. Attack and has a +Sp. Attack nature, but it doesn't have access to Nasty Plot since I caught it and didn't breed it.

Congratulations on the shiny Ralts, 2Cool4Mewtwo!
Old May 10th, 2011, 10:33 PM
TheGr8
lovely pair<3

Quote:

I forgot to mention that I spent some time trying to hatch a shiny Eevee so that I could get a shiny Umbreon, which IMO is the coolest shiny. I gave up after a dozen or so eggs, lol. I've spent most of my breeding time on Snivy and Litwick. My favorite shiny forms in gen 5 are Sandile and Litwick. The Japanese Ditto I'm using has a Timid nature, so it works well with hatching Litwick. I'm searching for good IVs at the same time that I'm breeding for a shiny. So far I've found one with a perfect IV, which was in HP. I got two Snivys with a perfect IV, one in attack and one in speed. I'm holding off on Sandile until I get a female Sandile with a Jolly nature. What are your top 2 hunts, G-Money?

I found out that my shiny Golbat has a perfect IV in Sp. Attack and has a +Sp. Attack nature, but it doesn't have access to Nasty Plot since I caught it and didn't breed it.

Congratulations on the shiny Ralts, 2Cool4Mewtwo!
Nasty Plot's where it's at. You play competitive? I am actually working on my team for that tournament right now. I breed for the good IV's in it's two base stats. I went out and caught dittos with 30-31 in one of the 6 IV's that's when I found my shiny ditto. But yeah Umbreon is sick, I wish I had one. But until im done eving this team, I won't be able to breed/chain.

My hunts are going to be this:

Shiny Snivy (SRing)
I need an idea for a second hunt >_< maybe Elekid?

Signature by Khalei

Old May 10th, 2011, 11:28 PM
Latios Master
11 Year PC Member

Quote:
Nasty Plot's where it's at. You play competitive? I am actually working on my team for that tournament right now. I breed for the good IV's in it's two base stats. I went out and caught dittos with 30-31 in one of the 6 IV's that's when I found my shiny ditto. But yeah Umbreon is sick, I wish I had one. But until im done eving this team, I won't be able to breed/chain.

My hunts are going to be this:

Shiny Snivy (SRing)
I'm currently working on a team so that I can play competitively. It won't be ready anytime soon, unfortunately.

Elekid is a fine choice.
Old May 11th, 2011, 07:15 AM
G-Money

Quote:
It's actually for a trade for a Shiny Arcanine which has me very excited. lol
Well, I'm glad that you're getting the shiny of your favorite Pokemon, but I'll be sad to see the Ditto go anyways.

For Dex reasons: do you know personally the person from whom you're getting the Arcanine, or is it over GTS? If you know the person, we can add Arcanine to our ShinyDex. We lose Ditto, though.

Quote:
No, that was Treecko I did 20,000 for. Then much later, I used Sapphire, found THREE (!!) uncatchable shiny Poochyena DUPEs, then shiny Treecko, all under 1,000 SRs.
Oh, sorry! I knew it was a green grass starter from a generation that's a prime number and has a "k" in its name!

That's pretty incredible, though. Not getting a shiny in 20,000 SRs, but then getting 4 in less than 1,000? Hopefully that's what happening with me...

*looks for shinies*
*none appear*
Don't all jump out at once, now!

Quote:
I can Trick it back to myself without issue. If I catch the Gyarados without activating the Focus Sash, it is holding it, as expected. It's only when the sash activates that it disappears--as if it got "consumed." My False Swiper is Level 32 and it takes too many turns to weaken it to SR very fast. (I'm SRing for high IVs/Jolly.)

I used FEAR with a Sunkern to catch shiny Ho-oh last summer. The opponent needs to be strong enough to guarantee an OHKO on you with its weakest move.

I guess the Focus Sash thing is a bug. It's probably still worth sacrificing a Focus Sash to capture a shiny! I'll be tricksashing to catch shiny Giratina whenever I get around to him. Too bad Gentle is such a bad Nature, or I might get the chance to use my shiny Zam as a tricksasher/syncer occasionally.
That's strange. I didn't know that it was still holding it when you catch it if it was never activated. It does sound like a bug, then, since the item is normally reusable. Unless shiny Gyarados eat Focus Sashes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Cool4Mewtwo View Post
2 days ago I've hatched a shiny ralts and now is a gallade Took me couple thousand odd eggs to hatch it, I've stopped counting after around 1.5k
Congratulations!! I love all the 4th gen evolutions of Pokemon from previous regions.

I think with Masuda now, you were actually above the average! It doesn't sound like a lot, but you actually had...bad luck? "lol," hopefully this means you'll get one sooner next time!

Quote:
Quote:
Count me in! Litwick is very high on my Generation V hit list--maybe third, behind Druddigon and Gigalith. I was going to save her hunt for when I need something to EV.
It's on! Chandelure is (in my opinion) the coolest looking 5th gen shiny. As an added bonus, it counts for the Unique Typing Leg of the circuit! It also counts for the Ghost Quest (for all 1 members participating!).

Quote:
What are your top 2 hunts, G-Money?
Probably for the last week or so, I've been hunting exclusively for Mudkip and the Johto starters. I probably have about 20 other hunts going on, but I've just been focusing on those two. Now, though, it's Litwick time! I can finally track my encounters, so now my incessant complaining about not getting any shinies can finally get some credibility with concrete numbers, especially when they reach 6 and 7 digits. :cer_laugh:

Quote:
Judging by your avatar, I think Elekid would be the perfect shiny hunt for you. Imagine a shiny Electivire on your competitive team! :cer_smile:

EDIT: Yet another motivation for me to get a shiny is so that I can finally fix that banner! I'm not going to go through the work of changing it when I'm just going to get a shiny soon anyways, you know...

Old May 11th, 2011, 09:29 AM
TheGr8
lovely pair<3

Quote:
Well, I'm glad that you're getting the shiny of your favorite Pokemon, but I'll be sad to see the Ditto go anyways.

For Dex reasons: do you know personally the person from whom you're getting the Arcanine, or is it over GTS? If you know the person, we can add Arcanine to our ShinyDex. We lose Ditto, though.

Oh, sorry! I knew it was a green grass starter from a generation that's a prime number and has a "k" in its name!

That's pretty incredible, though. Not getting a shiny in 20,000 SRs, but then getting 4 in less than 1,000? Hopefully that's what happening with me...

*looks for shinies*
*none appear*
Don't all jump out at once, now!

That's strange. I didn't know that it was still holding it when you catch it if it was never activated. It does sound like a bug, then, since the item is normally reusable. Unless shiny Gyarados eat Focus Sashes...

Congratulations!! I love all the 4th gen evolutions of Pokemon from previous regions.

I think with Masuda now, you were actually above the average! It doesn't sound like a lot, but you actually had...bad luck? "lol," hopefully this means you'll get one sooner next time!

It's on! Chandelure is (in my opinion) the coolest looking 5th gen shiny. As an added bonus, it counts for the Unique Typing Leg of the circuit! It also counts for the Ghost Quest (for all 1 members participating!).

Probably for the last week or so, I've been hunting exclusively for Mudkip and the Johto starters. I probably have about 20 other hunts going on, but I've just been focusing on those two. Now, though, it's Litwick time! I can finally track my encounters, so now my incessant complaining about not getting any shinies can finally get some credibility with concrete numbers, especially when they reach 6 and 7 digits. :cer_laugh:

Judging by your avatar, I think Elekid would be the perfect shiny hunt for you. Imagine a shiny Electivire on your competitive team! :cer_smile:

EDIT: Yet another motivation for me to get a shiny is so that I can finally fix that banner! I'm not going to go through the work of changing it when I'm just going to get a shiny soon anyways, you know...
Well the trade is for Stunky, not ditto xD I am never trading my ditto it's sick. Also yeah I wish I had one. I first need to get a jolly/adamant syncer, since I've had bad luck with my adamant. But I might just breed a new one non shiny for IV's and that one for my RL friends :D thanks for the idea! Those will be my two hunts

Signature by Khalei

Old May 11th, 2011, 03:58 PM
It's Just Fufu
Nostalgia is powerful.

Nature: Hasty
Thanks for the congrats everyone.

MetalMario, how exactly is breeding on Emerald rigged? I've been planning on using my Emerald version for breeding Torkoal and possibly some other targets, but if I'd like to know if I'm better of just sticking to breeding on Diamond and HeartGold.

Also, I started my second hunt on White today. I WOULD be double hunting for it on Black and White, but ever since I got my shiny Tepig, I let my brother play through Black. I figured it would be a win-win for us; he would get to have his fun playing through the game (I hate playthroughs, tbh, they get in the way of hunting to me) and when he was finished, I would get the game and just shiny hunt on it. The plan seemed great, until my brother got bored after beating the E4 and didn't even explore the last three towns + routes...so I'm trying to get him to beat the game before I do any hunting on Black. I really need to transfer over some Synchers and strong Pokemon before I do any heavy duty hunting on the 5th Gen.

I'm also REing on R/S. I'm alternating between Tailow, Swablu, Torkoal, Cacnea, and Spheal on a bunch of different routes.

Good luck to all.

Credit goes to ShinysHunters Forum for the image.

Old May 11th, 2011, 08:10 PM
TheGr8
lovely pair<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Just Fufu View Post
Thanks for the congrats everyone.

MetalMario, how exactly is breeding on Emerald rigged? I've been planning on using my Emerald version for breeding Torkoal and possibly some other targets, but if I'd like to know if I'm better of just sticking to breeding on Diamond and HeartGold.

Also, I started my second hunt on White today. I WOULD be double hunting for it on Black and White, but ever since I got my shiny Tepig, I let my brother play through Black. I figured it would be a win-win for us; he would get to have his fun playing through the game (I hate playthroughs, tbh, they get in the way of hunting to me) and when he was finished, I would get the game and just shiny hunt on it. The plan seemed great, until my brother got bored after beating the E4 and didn't even explore the last three towns + routes...so I'm trying to get him to beat the game before I do any hunting on Black. I really need to transfer over some Synchers and strong Pokemon before I do any heavy duty hunting on the 5th Gen.

I'm also REing on R/S. I'm alternating between Tailow, Swablu, Torkoal, Cacnea, and Spheal on a bunch of different routes.

Good luck to all.
Hey quick question here? how are you hunting in b/w. I don't think there is chaining anymore, so what is the easiest way to get a shiny/hunt for one? B/W only. Also gratz on shiny tepig, i'm SRing my white for a shiny snivy.

Signature by Khalei

Old May 12th, 2011, 12:14 AM
PokeTrainer87
Playing through Black Version

What's up guys!! I just got myself a shiny charmander from prof oaks lab on my Soul Silver!!! I'm soooo happy! The best thing is that it happened while SRing for a modest nature. I wasn't even trying to get it through SRing. I've been MMing on my Black version but who knew I would get it this way. It's a naive nature:/ but why should I complain it's a shiny!!! I'll upload pics later since im on my phone.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0545.jpg‎ (526.8 KB, 6 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: jpg IMG_0548.jpg‎ (635.1 KB, 6 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Last edited by PokeTrainer87; May 13th, 2011 at 11:09 AM. Reason: uploading pictures
Old May 12th, 2011, 08:07 AM
MetalMario
Donator Tier 4

Quote:
It's not. Or not to any significant extent anyway. PVs are chosen when the egg is made, making it very difficult to RNG abuse them. Other than that, since you're not SRing, you go through very many different frames, stabilizing your odds of finding a shiny. When it comes to Emerald, SRing is the enemy. Anything that causes you to repeat the first few minutes of gameplay will be broken.

Quote:
inb4 you find shiny Seviper on that Swablu route...

I finished EVing Zekrom but no shiny green dragons appeared. I need to get around to EVing that backlog of shinies I haven't dealt with yet.

osu!
stream
github
Old May 12th, 2011, 01:01 PM
zwertydog
Beginning Trainer

hey guys n gals!
im currently at 145 Venipede eggs which isnt much
but im very busy with school work (exams incoming too)
Ive also done some more SRing on Cobalion but no luck.
Sorry i cant be more active here, anyway everyone good luck on your hunts!

Sponsored Links

Advertise here