Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 20th, 2011 (06:10 PM). Edited May 20th, 2011 by G-Money.
G-Money
Polychromatic Iridescence

Nature: Jolly
Thanks for the congrats, everyone!

Welcome back, Raichu! I hope everything's okay and you'll be able to shiny hunt again soon.

Quote originally posted by Latios Master:
What will your next hunt be?
*drumroll*

MANAPHY!!

Yup, I'm going after the rarest shiny of them all. I've done three so far! Each one takes a really long time, "lol." I'm content with getting two shinies this week, so this is a good time to start a hunt that's probably going to last years. :cer_laugh:

SoulSilver takes a really long time before you can start trading, so I'm just going to use Platinum, and after each SR trade the egg back to Diamond. I'm not 100% sure that the programmers didn't unshine Manaphy for Platinum, but I've been told by some people who are absolutely convinced that they didn't, so it's worth a try. Getting a shiny Manaphy would be awesome. Also, each HR counts as an HR for a Sinnoh starter (and a Starly/Bidoof/Kricketot), so it's kind of like inherent dual hunting. I was hunting the starters anyways, so it's quite possible that I'll get one HRing for Manaphy.

I also started my Palkia hunt today and found out that Palkia has absolutely awesome walk-up music. I dual hunted it with the Johto starters today, and I got up to 250 Palkia. Three Johto starters take less time than each Palkia, so I got in least 750 Johto starters as well.

On a less related note, I found it pretty cool that during the cutscene with Cyrus (before you battle Palkia), the Valley Windworks are shown, and Drifloon is there! "lol" I just happened to reach that point on a Friday. The Drifloon is purple, kind of like the last several hundred thousand I've seen on Diamond...

Good luck to everyone on your hunts! I finally have some luck to give, so it's worth something now, "lol." Take it while it's available!

Path of the Dragon: 2/7
Path of the Ghost: 8/18
Path of the Starter: 10/18
Old May 20th, 2011 (07:18 PM).
2Cool4Mewtwo
Pwning in Ubers since 1996.

Nature: Rash
Recently I've took a break from shiny hunting and raised some of my pokemon... but I'm getting back on it tomorrow (I'm choosing one of the 4 shinies I mentioned some time ago). And GL on your Manaphy hunt G-Money

Old May 20th, 2011 (08:03 PM).
PinkPirate
Skitty's Girls League Owner

Nature: Timid
My husaband wishes you the best of luck, G-Money. As do I!

League Owner of Skitty's Girls League (Official)

Old May 21st, 2011 (05:37 AM).
TheGr8
lovely pair<3
Community Supporter Tier 5

Quote originally posted by NightOfRemorse:
AHH, see G-Money, your long drought was rewarded with two shinies appearing so quickly, one after the other! Congrats on the Litwick, it's a very pretty shiny.

As for me, I'm up to 1,370 Charmander hatched. It's not much more than I had before though, ahaha.

@TheGr8: Good luck on your hunt, I hope you see the sparkles break through the shell soon! (Weird phrase, though I kinda like it lol)

Thanks Remorse I have been hatching Axew eggs and SRing for a Shiny Snivy in my White Version. So I doing double tasks for shinies before I get back to IV breeding lol

Youtube | Twitter | VGC| Pair

Signature by Khalei

Old May 21st, 2011 (09:38 AM). Edited May 21st, 2011 by G.U.Y..
G.U.Y.
Bubblegum Betch
Community Supporter

Nature: Naive
I've completely updated the first posts with information.

Congrats to G-Money and ShinyDoug on completely the Unique leg of the circuit. And congrats to Chr. Draco for completing the monthly challenge!

I haven't been updating lately, I have finals next week. After next week, I will have graduated and be on summer vacation! So I will post more and hunt more!

Right now, I am continuing my old hunt for a Johto starter. I reset both SS and HG to get one. I have 600 SRs (1800 starters)

Wish me luck, and good luck to you all!

I am a guy on both accounts, name is Judas on both. My HG ID is 25699 and my SS ID is 63655

♫ Sold my soul and yes the truth hurt ♪
Old May 21st, 2011 (11:01 AM).
Hooh
Only if for a night.

Shiny hunting hiatus.....

For now.

I'm still debating if I want shiny Moltres to go with the other birds I might get in the future, 1. It looks like a plucked chicken. 2. It has a good color scheme.
Opinions?

Hunts

Current:

- Repel trick
- SR

Future:

- Masuda Method
- SR
- SR
Old May 22nd, 2011 (11:41 AM).
MetalMario
Donator Tier 4

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MetalMario
Noo G-Money, don't do it! That hunt will chew you up and spit you back out. I don't want to see a good hunter lose heart.

I'd rather be a comma than a full stop

osu!
stream
github
latest shiny: Boldore (Oct.30/11)
Old May 22nd, 2011 (12:34 PM).
Metal Electric
Whut?

Hey guys! At the moment I'm still hunting on Chimchar and today I restarted Fire Red and my plan is to do a Shiny Quest in FR too. I hope Chimchar will appear really fast, because that would be my most favorite shiny ever! It's taking so long! Congrats to everyone how got a shiny and good luck. =3
Old May 22nd, 2011 (11:51 PM).
rustymenon
Master of Illusions

Nature: Relaxed
Hey, can somebody give me a description of how they hunt shinies, ie, what method and how it works? I need to know what a method does. I already know what is masuda method,
but I need to know about SRs and Repel tricks etc.
Old May 23rd, 2011 (12:20 PM). Edited May 23rd, 2011 by G-Money.
G-Money

Thanks for all the encouragement (and discouragement!) for the Manaphy hunt. It especially means a lot coming from your husband, PinkPirate, since he's the only person in the known universe to have a shiny Manaphy! That kind of inspired me, knowing that it is possible.

I haven't timed myself yet, but it's probably more than half an hour per reset. I'm still at three because I moved back to Drifloon on Diamond, so I'll take it easy with the hunting. Maybe only on Thursdays and Fridays?

Quote originally posted by Landorus:
I have finals next week. After next week, I will have graduated and be on summer vacation! So I will post more and hunt more!
Good luck! That's awful that your school makes seniors take finals. I'm sure the summer will bring you more shinies - it's already brought me two!

Quote originally posted by Hooh54:
I'm still debating if I want shiny Moltres to go with the other birds I might get in the future, 1. It looks like a plucked chicken. 2. It has a good color scheme.
Opinions?
The way I view it, you're eventually going to get all shinies anyways, so why not go for it when you can? Since you're already going for the other two, you have even more reason to hunt Moltres because you can say you've completed a trio.

I'm working on finishing up the Creation Trio right now, so I'll be able to take the title of...Shiny Creationist? 666 Palkia (who doesn't evolve, by the way)

Quote originally posted by Metal Electric:
Hey guys! At the moment I'm still hunting on Chimchar and today I restarted Fire Red and my plan is to do a Shiny Quest in FR too. I hope Chimchar will appear really fast, because that would be my most favorite shiny ever! It's taking so long! Congrats to everyone how got a shiny and good luck. =3
Good luck on your Chimchar hunt. It must be really exciting to hunt your favorite shiny! You'll have a true prize when you emerge victorious from the hunt! Shiny Quests are really fun, too. I'm doing 5 right now, and they're a blast!

I also want to give you a huge congratulations for using a club banner! Great way to show club pride.

A reminder to everyone: The Artwork Contest is still open. Any member is free to submit banners to be used by the club. Banners submitted will be included in the first post and free for anyone in the club to use in their signature. If you decide to put a club banner in your sig, you don't have to give credit unless the artist specifically asks for it, but you do have to make the banner a link to this thread. All credit will be included in the first post, and if the artist asks for credit, it will be noted that credit is required.

Other types of art are also permitted for the Artwork Contest. There is currently no deadline.

Quote originally posted by rustymenon:
Hey, can somebody give me a description of how they hunt shinies, ie, what method and how it works? I need to know what a method does. I already know what is masuda method,
but I need to know about SRs and Repel tricks etc.
SR: Save in front of an interactable overworld Pokemon. Encounter the Pokemon; if it's not shiny, press A + B + Start + Select (3rd generation) or Start + Select + L + R (4th and 5th generations). Repeat until desired shiny is summoned. Capture shiny and immediately trade it to G-Money.

Encountering: Just run around in grass. If the Pokemon isn't shiny, faint it or run. I suppose you could catch it, but you'd run out of boxes, "lol."

I really wouldn't recommend the Repel Trick, since it goes against the spirit of Axiom 22. It essentially limits you to encountering only Pokemon above a certain level. Here's how it works: on each route, wild Pokemon appear. Sometimes, certain Pokemon appear at higher levels than others. If 5 Pokemon appear on that route but you only want the shiny of the highest-leveled one, find out the highest level at which that Pokemon appears (or the lowest level at which no other Pokemon appears on that particular route). Get a Pokemon of that level and put it first in your party. Use Repel, and the only Pokemon that will appear are the ones whose level in the wild is greater than or equal to the level of the lead Pokemon in your party. That way, you'll never see the 4 Pokemon of whom you don't want shinies.

I don't think it's worth it, but if you already have a shiny of the lower-leveled Pokemon or if you only care about the shiny form of the highest-leveled Pokemon on that route, it might be a good option.

By the way, I found the first known application of Axiom 22!! http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=1983369#post1983369

EDIT: I'm going to see if I can get HeartGold this week. That way, I don't have to waste my limited time in Sapphire SRing for Latias, Kyogre, and Rayquaza, and I can actually play SS without having to wait months or years for the starters.

Old May 23rd, 2011 (01:36 PM).
TheGr8
lovely pair<3

Quote originally posted by G-Money:

Good luck on your Chimchar hunt. It must be really exciting to hunt your favorite shiny! You'll have a true prize when you emerge victorious from the hunt! Shiny Quests are really fun, too. I'm doing 5 right now, and they're a blast!
I agree it is. That's why I went for Elekid for my first Shiny in Masusa Method. I am taking a break from hunting Axew's simply because it's coming closer to tournaments this summer so I need to IV breed my Gen V guys and once that is completed I will be hunting again Good luck on your Manaphy hunt G-Money, and everyone else hunting!

Signature by Khalei

Old May 23rd, 2011 (04:53 PM).
Latios Master
11 Year PC Member

Nature: Adamant
I got tired of hatching Litwicks and decided to IV breed Staryu and Magnemite, and I also hatched some more Eevees. I got up to 61 Staryu and 23 Magnemite. I got what I wanted IV wise with Staryu, so I'm done with that one. The Magnemite I hatched mostly had bad IVs, so I'll have to work some more on that one. I also got up to 17 of Eevee. After that I missed hatching Litwick, so I returned to doing that. So far I have hatched 654. I hope I get a shiny soon. I hatched a third Litwick that randomly had two perfect IVs, this time in Sp. Atk and Sp. Def. When I'm done with Litwick I'll return to IV breeding Magnemite, and then I will try to hatch a shiny Archen, which is my favorite gen 5 Pokémon. I wasn't planning on hatching Archens anytime soon until I found out here that nature breeding can be done using males now too, and my Archeops has a Jolly nature, which is the nature I want to breed, so that will be my next shiny hunt after Litwick. Sandile and Axew are the other two I want to hatch in the future, which I mentioned before, when I catch ones that have Jolly natures.

Good luck on the Manaphy and Drifloon hunts, G-Money!
Old May 23rd, 2011 (06:09 PM).
Hooh
Only if for a night.

A SHINY DRAWING CONTEST?!

I'm in, let's draw some shiny birds + plucked chicken Moltres.

I'm working on getting off my butt and beat Heartgold's Kanto region so I get some shiny birds.
Did more Sr'ing on Cobalion today - NO LUCK.
Old May 24th, 2011 (07:31 PM).
MetalMario
Donator Tier 4

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MetalMario
By the way, I found the first known application of Axiom 22!! http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=1983369#post1983369
Older than you thought?
Thaaaanks, making me read SHC posts from 2006! Right when it was at its peak.

Posts like this gem:
Quote originally posted by MetalMario:
Chikorita. Shiny Meganium is liek t3h best shiny of all time! I'm going to get one.
April 5, 2006~ 5 years later... orzzzzzzzzzz

I'd rather be a comma than a full stop

osu!
stream
github
latest shiny: Boldore (Oct.30/11)
Old May 24th, 2011 (07:40 PM).
Hooh
Only if for a night.

*agrees with Metelmario for some reason in asterisks*

Shinies hate me, no wonder I lost Pidgey so fast. Mandibuzz and Tranquill refuse to shine, too.
Old May 25th, 2011 (09:20 AM). Edited May 25th, 2011 by TheGr8.
TheGr8
lovely pair<3

I got a good friend into using the Masuda method. He's going for a shiny Vulpix. As for me, I need to get ready for this tournament on June 18th. VGCs here I come lol . but I am still working on my Axew hunt I'm at like 300 eggs +

quick question for you guys?

Are there shinies that are "easier" to obtain than others? Like a bidoof for example is that easier than a houndoom? or any other pokemon? I'm curious to know.

Signature by Khalei

Old May 25th, 2011 (10:43 AM).
pokewalker
If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by TheGr8:
I got a good friend into using the Masuda method. He's going for a shiny Vulpix. As for me, I need to get ready for this tournament on June 18th. VGCs here I come lol . but I am still working on my Axew hunt I'm at like 300 eggs +

Are there shinies that are "easier" to obtain than others? Like a bidoof for example is that easier than a houndoom? or any other pokemon? I'm curious to know.
Nope.

On a shiny hunting break, just have alot of tests coming up so I need my sleep and learning time. 4 weeks left till it's summer break and then I should be able to hunt a lot and OUTSIDE! :D Also started Sudowoodo hunt But won't continue it for some time.
Old May 25th, 2011 (05:51 PM).
2Cool4Mewtwo

I dunno if I should continue with the 4 shines that I'm hunting or restart SoulSilver and hope for a shiny starter =] (I can breed 3 of the 4 shinies with SS anyways)... If you need a reminder, just go back to one of my earlier posts... don't feel like telling it again

P.S. - Good luck everybody with your hunting :D

Old May 25th, 2011 (06:03 PM).
Hooh
Only if for a night.

I suggest breeding your starter with Masuda, restarting to get him/her in Elm's lab gives you a risk, like, you want Totodile but accidently getting Cyndaquil.
Old May 25th, 2011 (08:02 PM).
G-Money

I've taken a short break from major hunting to play SS. The game is awesome - having Pokemon follow you around is the best thing since shinies! (I remember wishing you could do that back in 2003, and now my dream has finally come true, "lol.") Other than the eventual Groudon and Latios, I'll do all my SRing in HG, which I'll hopefully get this week.

Quote originally posted by Latios Master:
I hatched a third Litwick that randomly had two perfect IVs, this time in Sp. Atk and Sp. Def.
Congrats! I don't completely understand IVs, but from what I've heard, there's a chance that you can pass them down through breeding. It would be really awesome if you got a shiny Litwick with a perfect IV or two!

A SHINY DRAWING CONTEST?!

I'm in, let's draw some shiny birds + plucked chicken Moltres.
Awesome! I look forward to seeing your artwork.

Quote originally posted by MetalMario:
Thaaaanks, making me read SHC posts from 2006! Right when it was at its peak.
Correction: relative peak. Think of the SHC as a cos graph, starting off great (Fall 2004), going down, coming back up, reaching a relative max in Spring 2006, hitting another trough in Fall 2010-Winter 2011, and then coming up again. The only difference is that when the graph hits Summer 2011, it suddenly goes out of control and exponentially approaches infinity (like the right side of x^3) without ever having an inflection point afterwards. :cer_laugh:

Yes, I did just mathmatically solve the SHC:

Fall 2004 - Summer 2011: SHC = cos x
Summer 2011 onwards: SHC = x^3 :D

Quote originally posted by TheGr8:

Yes, some shinies are easier to get than others. Masuda Magikarp is one of the easiest, since it has the least amount of egg steps; the baby Pokemon and starters hatch quickly too.

Even faster are some SRs, depending on your target. A Hoenn starter takes 15 seconds for each reset, so you can see 4 per minute. The 3rd gen games typically have the shortest SR time, so you might want to hunt there, preferably R/S (FR/LG have that intro at the beginning which takes a bit longer, and you have to resave every once and a while).

Is the tournament 4th or 5th gen? If it's 5th, make sure you MM in B/W so that you can pass on natures with an Everstone.

The fastest way would probably be REing. You can Synchronize for natures, but you're not sure of the shiny you'll get. The most likely would be whichever Pokemon appears most commonly on the route.

I'd recommend preparing a non-shiny team first, since it's quite possible that you might not see a shiny until then. (See: G-Money's March, April, and first half of May!) Have a backup team ready, and whenever you get a shiny, you can put it in. Shinies might not always have the best natures or the highest IVs, but they'll look the coolest and you'll get tons of respect for having a shiny team, "lol." I really hope you can get a shiny team for the tournament - you'd be an SHC pride!

In Club News:
  • G-Money has been named co-owner of the week yet again, with a whopping 0 bans and 0 strikes given. With 0 votes, he has once again tied his own record for worst co-owner ranking while still *earning* the award.
  • Sources confirm that the SHC has offered lucrative contract offers to several top free agents, citing a need to further boost the roster in order to compete with division rivals. An SHC official released a statement Wednesday noting "The SHC is a highly prestigious organization and should be considered the top destination for the greatest shiny hunters in the game. We feel a need to aggressively pursue established stars in order to remain competitive in an increasingly competitive league. Whether it means offering more money or more years, our organization does whatever it takes to win."
  • Latios Master has extended his streak of longest tenured SHC member to 6 years, 7 months, and 17 days. The ageless wonder is turning in what looks to be his best season yet and has already set career highs in multiple categories.
  • The SHC has selected TheGr8 to represent them at the VGCs on June 18th. An SHC official was not available to comment, but the selection was not unexpected given TheGr's tremendous competitive battling abilities.
  • G-Money is tied with 46 others for first place in the Artwork Contest with an astonishing 0 points. This multi-way tie is not expected to last, taking into account G-Money's complete lack of artistic abilities.

Old May 25th, 2011 (10:40 PM).
Latios Master
11 Year PC Member

Nature: Adamant
Congrats! I don't completely understand IVs, but from what I've heard, there's a chance that you can pass them down through breeding. It would be really awesome if you got a shiny Litwick with a perfect IV or two!
Thanks! I think each Pokémon hatched take three IVs from it's parents. Power items can be used to pass a certain IV, which I don't have. The Ditto and Chandelure that I'm using don't have any perfect IVs, so the Litwicks I hatch are getting perfect IVs by random. I don't know what the odds are of that happening. I think about 1 in every 20 Litwicks that I hatch end up with a perfect IV. The two parents reached level 100 with how much time I've spent hatching Litwicks. I'm spending about half the time playing White now that I got Dead or Alive: Dimensions on Tuesday. So if I get a shiny Litwick, it probably won't happen anytime soon. So far I've hatched 703 Litwicks. I've hatched around 900 Pokémon using the Masuda Method so far which has resulted in 0 shinies. The Masuda Method hasn't turned out to be as great as I thought it was. It has resulted in a lot of Pokémon with perfect IVs, however.
Old May 25th, 2011 (11:32 PM).
PokeTrainer87
Playing through Black Version

Whats up shiny hunters! Today i started a shiny hunt on my 3ds in pokemon white. I was gonna MM for a shiny Patrat so i can use it on pokemon black. I started this afternoon around 4 and to my surprise it ended at 7:47. I was only on my 13 egg when the little critter hatched!!! Here are some pics enjoy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0583.jpg‎ (475.9 KB, 10 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: jpg IMG_0585.jpg‎ (660.0 KB, 6 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: jpg IMG_0590.jpg‎ (784.9 KB, 8 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old May 26th, 2011 (10:57 AM).
2Cool4Mewtwo

I suggest breeding your starter with Masuda, restarting to get him/her in Elm's lab gives you a risk, like, you want Totodile but accidently getting Cyndaquil.
I'm done with the game anyways, 493 pokemon caught, and most of them were poketransferred to my black version, and I don't mind if I get any of the 3 shinies. Thanks for the input though.

Quote originally posted by PokeTrainer87:
Whats up shiny hunters! Today i started a shiny hunt on my 3ds in pokemon white. I was gonna MM for a shiny Patrat so i can use it on pokemon black. I started this afternoon around 4 and to my surprise it ended at 7:47. I was only on my 13 egg when the little critter hatched!!! Here are some pics enjoy.
Wow... only 13 eggs? Is it that I'm really unlucky or everybody else is just extremely lucky? (others have gotten it in like less than 10 tries)

Old May 26th, 2011 (03:39 PM).
Chr. Draco
Dragon Power

Hi everyone, nothing new except training a shiny team to beat the battle tower; had to change my previous team to one of only shinies.

Congrats for the shiny patrat poketrainer87.

To G-Money: Wow, those are interesting news, congrats for the awards.

To TheGr8: Good luck, surely you'll win.

About the shiny drawing contest, don't know what to draw but I guess I'll be participating.

In my next post I'll try to update my hunts, good luck and happy hunting.
Old May 26th, 2011 (08:02 PM).
TamaTurtle
Call me Flamin' B

Hi. I am new to the forum but PinkPirate (my wife) assures me that I would be welcome to join this group.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links