Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs
Reload this Page ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old June 14th, 2011 (12:09 PM).
NOM NOM NOM

Nature: Relaxed
alright, if ROMs don't count, take out Igglybuff, Goldeen, Geodude and zigzagoon (although the first 2 are from clean ROMs, and i got them by luck, like everyone else)

Good Bye Nintendo WiFi, you were fun. (my codes won't work anymore, so.... ya, hit me up on 3DS if you want dem trades.)
Old June 14th, 2011 (02:52 PM).
Polychromatic Iridescence

Nature: Jolly
I was going to post a few days ago, but I wanted to clear something up with Landorus first. It looks like he's been afflicted with the Curse of the Owner, though, and if he doesn't post within the next 5 years, I'm going to seize control of the club and push through my secret agenda that he keeps on vetoing.

I've been hunting mostly Johto starters and doing some non-shiny hunting activities, so I'm only up to 1935 Palkia.

Quote originally posted by poketranier729:
can i join i have a shiny darkra dexos raqava reasream and grainta
Quote originally posted by poketranier729:
i have made a legend club if any one would like to join
Sure, you can join, but I'm afraid I have to give you a strike. Off-topic posts are fine to an extent, especially if they're to help make the club more active or to continue discussions hinted at in previous posts. However, your second post there was just an advertisement. It would've been fine if you posted something like "I'm SRing for a shiny Palkia, and I'm at 1923 SRs. Speaking of legends, I made a club if anyone wants to join," but your post didn't really mention shiny hunting at all.

Also, what was the 4th shiny you listed? I can't tell what you were trying to say, but I sure hope it isn't Reshiram...

Quote originally posted by MetalMario:
G-Money, your math is wrong. For your math to be right, you must not give up a hunt ever, and you must also not count any shinies until you've completed any hunts you were doing concurrently with them.

Imagine the scenario: You attempt to Masuda breed for a given species. If you don't get it within 500 eggs, you switch to another species. This means the number of tries from each of your successes will never exceed 500.

Count the number of eggs you've hatched on all your 5th-gen games, add them together, divide by the number of shinies you've hatched. That's your experimental mean.
Thanks! I knew that the lack of unsuccessful hunts would skew the numbers a bit, but I wasn't sure by how much. Do you think there are that many unsuccessful hunts where the numbers would shift ~700 eggs?

Latios Master, you better get that Litwick soon! You're making my math look bad.

Quote originally posted by It's Just Fufu:
shiny Paras
Congrats, Fufu! You're getting shinies at a pretty fast pace - it's tough for me to keep up! Slow down so I can gain some ground, "lol."

Quote originally posted by Uade:
The only shiny Pokemon I ever got was a blue Unown H. I was trying to get all the different Unowns in my Heartgold, but then I encountered this, I already had an Unown H but I knew I had to get this. So I threw about 50 Reg pokeballs because I did not have false swipe at the time and did not want to risk attacking it so yea I threw pokeballs lol.

EDIT: Oh yea I just remembered, I have a red gyarados from I think Heartgold or something. Idk maybe my diamond.
Welcome to the club!

Quote originally posted by Latios Master:
shiny Audino
Congrats! You deserved a shiny, and one with a perfect IV at that!

Quote originally posted by Weber:
rayquaza- just becuase ive gotten to it now in emerald
I would suggest going after Rayquaza in HG/SS if you can; Emerald has a broken RNG, so you'll just keep getting the same set of non-shiny Pokemon over and over if you plan on SRing. You could try having each SR a different amount of time, since I think the RNG has something to do with how long the game has been on. Still, I wouldn't take my chances with Emerald, since there's a chance that you don't find a shiny in hundreds of thousands of encounters! :o

Quote originally posted by HaloSonic:
sadly, Ive been in a dry spell catching shinies, but Ive got 4 recently from events, the Pikachu-Colored Pichu, and the 3 legendary dogs to catch Zoroark.

Oh wait, this is a new club? ok, guess I'll have to re-register, and I'll haul across my list from the old one... wait, it's gone? oh crap, I can't even remember what I caught... let's see what I remember.

Gen II
Cleffa
Gyarados (duh)
Ledyba
Igglybuff
Goldeen

(missed out on catching a shiny Spinirak in Prism)

Gen III
Machop x2
Torkoal
Mahiukita
Golbat
Crobat
Geodude
Zigzagoon (disguised as a Bidoof in a ROMhack)

Gen IV
Ponyta
Nosepass
Gyarados (HeartGold)

Obatined through Events (Gen IV)
Pichu
Suicune
Raikou
Entei
Welcome back! We don't count GenII Pokemon for the Dex either, but you're more than welcome to hunt them if you want. Is your Gyarados the Lake of Rage one or did you find it while surfing? (same goes for Uade)

I like the consistency between your introductory posts, "lol." The old club is still around, but it's locked for new posting:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=5784241#post5784241
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=5886462#post5886462

Path of the Dragon: 2/7
Path of the Ghost: 10/18
Path of the Starter: 10/18
Old June 14th, 2011 (03:08 PM).
Gotta Derp em all

Shiny Charizard lvl 38 brave nature knows Slash, Flamethrower, Wing attack, Dragon Rage

Shiny Pidgeotto lvl 24 Naughty nature, Twister, arial ace, Quick attack, Hidden power

Shiny Arcanine lvl 55 impish nature, Moring Sun, Flare Blitz, Aerial ace, Fireblast

I have a VERY large collection Of shinys, i am looking for 1 right now, And I am offering these. What I really want is a shiny Metagross/ Pre evo the hunt goes on for me constantly so shoot me with a PM if you have a shiny metagoss and or another nice shiny. Happy hunting:D
Old June 14th, 2011 (04:14 PM).

Quote originally posted by hiff8:
Shiny Charizard lvl 38 brave nature knows Slash, Flamethrower, Wing attack, Dragon Rage

Shiny Pidgeotto lvl 24 Naughty nature, Twister, arial ace, Quick attack, Hidden power

Shiny Arcanine lvl 55 impish nature, Moring Sun, Flare Blitz, Aerial ace, Fireblast

I have a VERY large collection Of shinys, i am looking for 1 right now, And I am offering these. What I really want is a shiny Metagross/ Pre evo the hunt goes on for me constantly so shoot me with a PM if you have a shiny metagoss and or another nice shiny. Happy hunting:D
Sorry, but I'm going to have to give you a strike. You can't make posts here that exclusively talk about trading, even if it's about trading shinies. If you want to talk about looking for a shiny Beldum/Metang/Metagross in your games, we'd be more than happy to welcome you to our club and talk about them with you.

Old June 14th, 2011 (04:53 PM).
11 Year PC Member

Nature: Adamant
Thanks for the congrats, G-Money!

I'm now up to 1,375 Litwicks and 43 Magnemites. I've hatched some really good Magnemites with the Sturdy ability, but I want the Magnet Pull ability. I'm not sure how many more Litwicks I'll hatch. The shiny Audino was wild Pokémon encounter no. 3,987.
Old June 14th, 2011 (10:49 PM).
Thats Farfetch'd

thanks for that bit of info G, i got a shiny rayquaza from that game previously so i was thinking i could just do it again, hmmm looks like a fairly big challenge now

i think im gonig to go back to charmander for a while and if i dont get it by monday i will give it a break and go onto litwick or axew but possibly numel.
Old June 15th, 2011 (07:32 AM).
Gold Tier

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MetalMario
AAH who erases their shinies??! Also that Emerald save had an early shiny frame which is pretty rare. (Rather than being impossible to SR, it's super easy instead, possibly depending on the target.) It's a shame you restarted it. I believe early frame shinies from Emerald count as RNGing, so we don't accept them, but I'm not 100% on the new rules.

Currently playing through Black (Spiral Mountain) instead of hunting. I'm still hoping in vain for a beautiful Boldore to show up but keeping my expectations down. I plan to return to Generations 3 and 4 to clear up some of my old targets.

I'd rather be a comma than a full stop

osu!
stream
github
latest shiny: Boldore (Oct.30/11)
Old June 15th, 2011 (11:15 AM).
Gotta Derp em all

Quote originally posted by G-Money:
Sorry, but I'm going to have to give you a strike. You can't make posts here that exclusively talk about trading, even if it's about trading shinies. If you want to talk about looking for a shiny Beldum/Metang/Metagross in your games, we'd be more than happy to welcome you to our club and talk about them with you.
K sorry I thought it was a shiny trading one

Im attempting to Musada for the first time wish me luck
Old June 15th, 2011 (12:50 PM).

Quote originally posted by hiff8:
Im attempting to Musada for the first time wish me luck
Awesome! You're going for Beldum, right? Good luck!

Could you please list the shinies that you caught yourself, or that a friend you trust in real life traded to you? We'll add them to our shiny Pokedex if you want.

Old June 15th, 2011 (02:11 PM).
11 Year PC Member

I reached 1,400 Litwicks and 50 Magnemites. I spent a lot of time using the Pokéradar on Platinum last summer trying to get a shiny Magnemite, but I could never reach a chain of 40. It would always snap when I was in the 30s. I'm just gonna hatch Magnemites now until I get the IVs that I want. Snivy took 56 eggs, so I hope it doesn't take much longer. I want to get started on Archen and Cranidos soon. Archen is my favorite gen 5 Pokémon and Cranidos is my 2nd favorite Pokémon overall, behind Latios. Speaking of Latios, I want to eventually SR for one in Sapphire someday.
Old June 16th, 2011 (12:01 AM).
Thats Farfetch'd

dont worry metal mario, i imported it onto soul silver, but i hope that dosnt count as rng'ing becuase it would be pretty lame if it was espeically becuase i have a mac and i dont think there is programs for it yet or atleast that i know of. i also got a shiny wingull that play through though

ugh numel is taking forever, did a couple hundred more eggs and no shiny yet, its been since feb since ive seen a shiny of my own...
Old June 16th, 2011 (10:46 AM).

The Emerald thing is a tricky issue. I think it would be fair to accept any RE or hatched shinies, and at least the first SRed one. If you do manage to get a shiny frame, you'd have to time it perfectly to get another. I don't want to be discounting people's old Emerald shinies, and you'd have to know your secret ID to get them at the beginning. I don't have a problem with people making an SR, waiting 1 second, making another SR, waiting 2 seconds, etc. Now if they do get the shiny and write down how many seconds they waited after the SR and use that to get all the Emerald encounterables, we'll change the rule then. Right now, all Emerald shinies count, but we can talk about it if you want to discount SRed shinies after 2 or 3; that's open for discussion. The evil tyrannical dictator is afflicted by the curse, so we might have a little more freedom for a while.

Old June 16th, 2011 (10:57 PM).
Gold Tier

Thing is, getting a save file with an early frame is about as hard as getting a shiny in the first place. With an early frame, they're legit shinies, but effectively "clones" of one another. The first SRed shiny should be okay to count, but not subsequent ones from the same save file. Hatched and RE shinies of course will count as usual, provided they aren't also from early frames. This should be pretty hard to do accidentally, so you should be safe unless you're intentionally abusing it.

Weber: This means your Rayquaza is fine. I'm wondering, though--why do you want another one if you still have the original?

osu!
stream
github
Old June 16th, 2011 (11:10 PM).
Thats Farfetch'd

im only trying to get another rayquaza so i can get one with a better nature hopefully other then that no real reason to in my eyes... well besides the fact that it looks pretty sweet as well.

also 30 more numels and no luck yet, up to 1240 and no luck, only 7000 more before i definatly should have one (acutally i guess its less then that becuase of the whole MM)
Old June 17th, 2011 (05:14 AM).
Nostalgia is powerful.

Nature: Hasty
I thought eggs on Emerald use a completely different RNG on Emerald, thus they can be hunted any which way the hunter desires. But I suppose I was wrong.

Anyway, as usual, the main reason for my post is a new shiny! And this time, it's somewhat unique:

Spoiler:

Here's the video, too! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFcjM2Aa6Wg

Credit goes to ShinysHunters Forum for the image.

Old June 17th, 2011 (05:17 AM).
Gold Tier

Egg IVs are totally different. It's never been disproven to me that Emerald creates PVs in the usual way, or uses the Synchronize method for Everstone, so I treat this as being true.

osu!
stream
github
Old June 17th, 2011 (07:19 AM). Edited June 17th, 2011 by G-Money.

Congrats on the Farfetch'd, Fufu! That is a rare shiny; you don't see too many people with one! You're outpacing me, though... >.>

*still happy with getting 5 shinies in a year*

Quote originally posted by MetalMario:
The first SRed shiny should be okay to count, but not subsequent ones from the same save file. Hatched and RE shinies of course will count as usual, provided they aren't also from early frames. This should be pretty hard to do accidentally, so you should be safe unless you're intentionally abusing it.
This sounds good! This is the new rule, unless Landorus decides to change it. All shinies up until now are fine (no ex post facto!), but from here on, we'll only count 1 SRed shiny per Emerald file.

Old June 17th, 2011 (01:09 PM). Edited June 17th, 2011 by Latios Master.
11 Year PC Member

Congrats on the shiny Farfetch'd, FuFu! You've been really lucky lately.

I haven't hatched eggs for the last couple of days. I decided to cross Bagon off my list of future hunts. So besides Litwick and Magnemite I'll be hatching for Archen, Cranidos, Sandile and Axew. I have to catch Jolly nature versions of Sandile and Axew first before I get to them.
Old June 17th, 2011 (10:56 PM).
Thats Farfetch'd

congrats on the shiny farfetch'd, i love mine and i only took me 7 eggs.

im going for a shiny numel on my soul silver, and im also thinking of going for axew as well this weekend. lets see how this ends up.
Old June 18th, 2011 (09:10 AM).
Gotta Derp em all

Quote originally posted by G-Money:
Awesome! You're going for Beldum, right? Good luck!

Could you please list the shinies that you caught yourself, or that a friend you trust in real life traded to you? We'll add them to our shiny Pokedex if you want.
K ended up getting my beldum on GTSN in the middle of my mussading when i decided to take a break -.-' anyone want 317 beldum. heres a list of my shiny pokemon i caught Pidgeotto, and Breloom. thats about it. I have more but those are the one i caught and i dont trust my friends with trades cause they all hackers.
Old June 18th, 2011 (09:53 AM).
Whut?

Yeah, my third badge quest shiny appeared! =D And it's Shiny Caterpie, I prefered a Weedle/Kakuna/Pikachu, 'cause I already have Shiny Metapod, but I really like the gold color of Caterpie, so I'm happy with it I'm going futher with Chimchar, I really want it and it's taking really long now, about 6830 SR's. Here below the link to my vid and some pics:

Spoiler:

Old June 18th, 2011 (04:31 PM).
Fufufu, All according to plan.

Nature: Naive
After 519 eggs, and many days of not hatching eggs due to laziness (before I got past 1 box). I finally got my shiny Emolga!

Spoiler:

Here's the video (but it has no sound, whoops)
!

I am a member of the Shiny Hunters Club!
::My GPXPlus account::
Diamond FC: 1763 1441 8561 (Name: Evey)
Black FC: 4212 3408 4293 (Name: Evey)
Old June 18th, 2011 (07:27 PM).
11 Year PC Member

Congrats on the shiny Caterpie, Metal Electric!

Congrats on the shiny Emolga, Evil Sonic!

I'm now up to 108 Magnemites. I've hatched about 1,700 Pokémon using the Masuda Method so far.
Old June 19th, 2011 (10:26 AM).

Can I join? Anyway... I have never gotten a shiny other then from trades or events... But I am trying to Masuda a Cubchoo right now :D
Unless the Red Gyrados from HG/SS counts....
Old June 20th, 2011 (10:16 AM).

Quote originally posted by Nato4eyes:
Can I join? Anyway... I have never gotten a shiny other then from trades or events... But I am trying to Masuda a Cubchoo right now :D
Unless the Red Gyrados from HG/SS counts....
Welcome to the club!! Good luck on that Cubchoo!

Congrats on the shinies, Metal Electric and Evil Sonic!

Congrats on the Pidgeotto and Breloom, hiff8! Landorus will add them to the ShinyDex if he ever returns.

The Gr8 is back from the VGCs, where he was representing the SHC, battling with a shiny Pokemon on his team! Here's his story of his heroic battle, fighting on behalf of the SHC:

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links