The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 31st, 2011, 01:47 PM
G.U.Y.
Bubblegum Betch
Community Supporter

Nature: Naive
I'm not going to hunt Gible. Right now I am playing through Platinum, I want to go get PokeRadar because I want to be able to have some good Pokemon for trade in B/W.

I also want to try and get the Regigigas that lets me get the three Regis. Hopefully there are still people with it because I want to SR for them.

♫ Sold my soul and yes the truth hurt ♪
Old July 31st, 2011, 06:56 PM
Weber
Thats Farfetch'd

Nature: Relaxed
thanks for the support everyone, always nice to see some encouragement and i hope everyone does well with there shiny hunts, i might be making a competitive team as well soon here but i think i want this charmander more right now, thanks again everyone.
Old July 31st, 2011, 08:20 PM
2Cool4Mewtwo
Pwning in Ubers since 1996.

Nature: Rash
Gible is a bad choice for hunting IMO... unless you're going to keep it Gible or Gabite. Here's comparison between normal and shiny Garchomp.

Old July 31st, 2011, 08:49 PM
G.U.Y.
Bubblegum Betch
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Cool4Mewtwo View Post
Gible is a bad choice for hunting IMO... unless you're going to keep it Gible or Gabite. Here's comparison between normal and shiny Garchomp.

It wasn't a choice, it was from a random generator. Click where I said "Gible"

Old July 31st, 2011, 09:02 PM
2Cool4Mewtwo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landorus View Post
It wasn't a choice, it was from a random generator. Click where I said "Gible"
Ah. Didn't notice the link for some odd reason... that sucks then ;_;

Oh well... I won't be doing this anyways.... I have my own hunt to fulfill! *crosses fingers*

Old August 1st, 2011, 06:05 AM
SHINY CHARIZARD#1
Shiny Hunting Trainer

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Skype™ to SHINY CHARIZARD#1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Electric View Post
I just got a Shiny Deoxys yesterday! =O Started that hunt in Februari this year and now, just did 240 SR's, it appeared.

what game did you get it in because i want that game! i want a shiny deoxys. :D

Last edited by SHINY CHARIZARD#1; August 1st, 2011 at 06:21 AM.
Old August 1st, 2011, 06:53 AM
2Cool4Mewtwo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHINY CHARIZARD#1 View Post
You can get Deoxys in FireRed, LeafGreen, or Emerald (I'd suggest Emerald because you can use teleport codes). Apparantly you can use your emulator to find it...

Old August 1st, 2011, 01:49 PM
G.U.Y.
Bubblegum Betch
Community Supporter

New Contest: Awesome August

Awesome August
Spoiler:
What a cheesy name again

You must find one of these shinies (or an evolutionary form of it), you do not need to find all, just one! If you are participating in a monthly challenge, then it ends before you get the shiny, you do not get a prize for it.

1st Generation: Abra
2nd Generation: Phanpy
3rd Generation: Wailmer
4th Generation: Cherubi
5th Generation: Tynamo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHINY CHARIZARD#1 View Post
I've given you a warning before about making short pointless posts, now you get a strike. The game was in the title of the video, and this question is more suited for visitor message.

Your strike will expire Monday August 15th, 2011.
Quote:
You can get Deoxys in FireRed, LeafGreen, or Emerald (I'd suggest Emerald because you can use teleport codes). Apparantly you can use your emulator to find it...
No, Emerald is a horrible game. The RNG is messed up, it is nearly impossible to get a shiny through SRing. Just Google "Pokemon Emerald Broken RNG" and you'll find hundreds of sources and explanations.

Pokemon Fire Red and Leaf Green are the best, you can just use a code to get the tickets or use an emulator if you wish.

On another not, I am now in Goldenrod City and am SRing for a Shiny Abra again. o3o

Last edited by G.U.Y.; August 1st, 2011 at 04:12 PM.
Old August 1st, 2011, 06:32 PM
2Cool4Mewtwo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landorus View Post
New Contest: Awesome August

Awesome August
Spoiler:
What a cheesy name again

You must find one of these shinies (or an evolutionary form of it), you do not need to find all, just one! If you are participating in a monthly challenge, then it ends before you get the shiny, you do not get a prize for it.

1st Generation: Abra
2nd Generation: Phanpy
3rd Generation: Wailmer
4th Generation: Cherubi
5th Generation: Tynamo

They're good shinies but I won't ever find uses for them... (Mewtwo > Alakazam) Are those pokemon randomly generated as well?

Quote:
No, Emerald is a horrible game. The RNG is messed up, it is nearly impossible to get a shiny through SRing. Just Google "Pokemon Emerald Broken RNG" and you'll find hundreds of sources and explanations.

Pokemon Fire Red and Leaf Green are the best, you can just use a code to get the tickets or use an emulator if you wish.

On another not, I am now in Goldenrod City and am SRing for a Shiny Abra again. o3o
I didn't know that O_O... Oh well

I'm now going to reveal what method of shiny hunting I'm using for my secret hunt.

Spoiler:
Masuda Method

Old August 1st, 2011, 09:27 PM
Latios Master
11 Year PC Member

Nature: Adamant
Gible is one of my favorite Pokémon, so I'm definitely participating in this weeks contest. Right now I'm spending a lot of time hatching Larvitars, which has a very high step count. So far I've hatched 48. I gave up on Sneasel after hatching 62 eggs. I hatched 50 Rotoms after that. I got what I wanted in IVs with Rotom early on, but I decided to keep going until I reached 50. Besides that, the Litwick count is now up to 1,710. I won't have much time for Awesome August.
Old August 4th, 2011, 08:12 AM
JalordaSerpent
Run, you clever boy...
Community Supporter

Nature: Mild
Ugh. Hunting shinies is not my thing. I only caught 1 shiny in my life and it was a Drowzee on my HeartGold which I lost.
Old August 4th, 2011, 07:20 PM
Latios Master
11 Year PC Member

I'm sorry to hear about the lost Drowzee, JalordaSerpent7.

I finished hatching Larvitars once I got what I wanted in IVs, which means that I'm done hatching for my competitive team. I hatched 61 eggs. So far I've hatched 17 Gibles for this weeks contest. I've been focused on hatching Litwicks lately, a hunt that has reached 1,801 eggs. I've hatched almost 3,000 eggs overall using the Masuda Method without getting a shiny.
Old August 4th, 2011, 07:29 PM
JalordaSerpent
Run, you clever boy...
Community Supporter

Nature: Mild
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latios Master View Post

I finished hatching Larvitars once I got what I wanted in IVs, which means that I'm done hatching for my competitive team. I hatched 61 eggs. So far I've hatched 17 Gibles for this weeks contest. I've been focused on hatching Litwicks lately, a hunt that has reached 1,801 eggs. I've hatched almost 3,000 eggs overall using the Masuda Method without getting a shiny.
MY GOODNESS! I could never even think about doing that! You must be VERY good at this!
Old August 4th, 2011, 07:54 PM
2Cool4Mewtwo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latios Master View Post

That sucks... I hope you get it soon! (hope I do too for my secret hunt... don't want to hatch 2000 more eggs like I did trying to get Scyther)

I've reached 150 eggs for my secret hunt, and I'm still going strong. Battling with friends did hinder my progress a bit though :x (and I lost 7 out of 7 battles)

Old August 5th, 2011, 01:18 AM
CarefulWetPaint
I burn. Come at me, you'll see
Community Supporter Tier 5

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to CarefulWetPaint
Quote:
That sucks... I hope you get it soon! (hope I do too for my secret hunt... don't want to hatch 2000 more eggs like I did trying to get Scyther)

I've reached 150 eggs for my secret hunt, and I'm still going strong. Battling with friends did hinder my progress a bit though :x (and I lost 7 out of 7 battles)

Bummer 2C4M, how could you lose 7 outta 7 though?
And you MMers are insane, it must be so frustrating hatching egg after egg after egg. How do you psych yourself up for that?

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old August 5th, 2011, 09:02 AM
G.U.Y.
Bubblegum Betch
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by carefulwetpaint View Post
And you MMers are insane, it must be so frustrating hatching egg after egg after egg. How do you psych yourself up for that?
The thing that I like most about MMing is that you don't really have to pay much attention most of the time. You can watch TV or go online without really needing to look away that much.

With SRing or REing you have to look away much more often (especially me since I like playing with the sound off.)

I joined some sort of challenge where you have to get every fully evolved Unova Pokemon in the Hall of Fame. So, I'll be doing that. Hopefully I'll find a shiny through training. :3

Old August 5th, 2011, 09:30 AM
R.K 9
Trainer

^that's actually given me a pretty good idea for a contest!

the idea being a shiny contest with masuda method - hatch each pokemon in ascending order (bulbasaur, then charmander, then squirtle, then caterpie and so on) until you hatch out a shiny. obviously this only applies to those that can breed, so no legendaries or other genderless pokemon. if you go past the final pokemon, you can start again from bulbasaur and keep going. :D
Old August 5th, 2011, 11:05 PM
Weber
Thats Farfetch'd

thats a pretty interesting idea R.K.9 i think im going to take that challenge up. also to keep me from throwing my fire red versions in the trash (up to 18k now... ugh)
Old August 5th, 2011, 11:06 PM
CarefulWetPaint
I burn. Come at me, you'll see

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to CarefulWetPaint
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.K 9 View Post

the idea being a shiny contest with masuda method - hatch each pokemon in ascending order (bulbasaur, then charmander, then squirtle, then caterpie and so on) until you hatch out a shiny. obviously this only applies to those that can breed, so no legendaries or other genderless pokemon. if you go past the final pokemon, you can start again from bulbasaur and keep going. :D

That is possibly, the cruelest idea ive ever read. Thatd take so long as well, would be pretty interesting though. Mainly cause i like reading other peoples torment while doing challenges and this 'contest' seems a bit more challenge like.. hehe...

18000. :O Oh god may the clubs luck be with you! Weber.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old August 6th, 2011, 06:44 AM
2Cool4Mewtwo

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.K 9 View Post

No. I'd have to then pull out every single pokemon from my box and deposit them every egg hatched, and you also have to WAIT for it to hatch. The amount of attention needed is just ridiculous compared to normal masuda method. It's certainly a nice idea though, but actually executing that idea is terrible.

P.S. - G.G. 666th post... I was saving it for my Dark type fan club and it's still not approved yet...

Old August 6th, 2011, 12:26 PM
Latios Master
11 Year PC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carefulwetpaint View Post
I almost always watch TV or listen to music or podcasts when I MM.

Litwick: 1,860
Old August 8th, 2011, 06:25 PM
G.U.Y.
Bubblegum Betch
Community Supporter

Ffff! So I was doing a solo playthrough of Platinum for Bidoof and I was just getting the TM for Rock Tomb in Ravaged Path and all of a sudden a shiny Zubat comes up!

I didn't even react at first because I normally do train shiny Pokemon on playthroughs but then I realized this wasn't my Pokemon (and my Pokemon wasn't shiny) so I quickly closed the DS. I didn't even know it was a Zubat until I opened it up to record. xD;

It's Hasty nature, which is actually pretty good since it raises Speed. I don't know if I will keep it as a Golbat or evolve it to Crobat, since I already have a Crobat shiny. odfjkoskdfosk EXCITED <3

Here's the video:

Also..the Pokemon of the week is: Zoroa!

Old August 11th, 2011, 02:28 PM
2Cool4Mewtwo

Bump.

My secret hunt is not going too well... Will give up if I can't get it before the school starts. I hope I do get it though!

Old August 12th, 2011, 06:34 AM
Crimson5M
Please call me Crimson

Nature: Quiet
Congrats on all the recent shinies everyone!

I haven't hunted anything in a while, I've been really busy getting prepared for going back to school next week, finally getting my room all to myself and NOT sharing with my brother, and playing Mystery Dungeon Sky (just finished today).
I think I'm at something like 2400 for Abra, 230 for Grimer and I have no idea about Venipede, I'll check later.

Because it should've won HotY.
Pear
Frodo Baggins
Twitter
Youtube
CBC
Old August 12th, 2011, 01:12 PM
Latios Master
11 Year PC Member

Congrats on the shiny Zubat, Landorus!

I took some time off from playing White this week. So far I've hatched 1,912 Litwicks. I'll be skipping this weeks contest since I hatched Zoruas not that long ago.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links