Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs
Reload this Page ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old October 6th, 2011 (06:31 PM).
assassinjay1229
Im baaaack

Nature: Naughty
Quote originally posted by Latios Master:
That's what I've been wondering, but the Pokédex received the Japanese text for the Ditto entry, and I also gained access to the Unity Tower after trading for it.

I spent some time looking at what's available on the GTS, but 3/4 of the people on there want an Arceus, Reshiram, or Zekrom in return.
Hmmm, sounds pretty legit then, but i'm willing to get mine cloned if you'd like one

My Petlil hunt is getting neglected a bit now, i've had other things to do v_v. I'm
going to hopefully work on it more this weekend.

Pair: Saerith
Old October 6th, 2011 (09:30 PM).
Latios Master
11 Year PC Member

Nature: Adamant
Quote originally posted by assassinjay1229:
Hmmm, sounds pretty legit then, but i'm willing to get mine cloned if you'd like one ^_^

My Petlil hunt is getting neglected a bit now, i've had other things to do v_v. I'm
going to hopefully work on it more this weekend.
Thanks for the offer, but I feel like giving my Ditto more time to redeem itself. I might let the hunt reach 3,000 before looking at other options. That would be 700 eggs from now. I've seen someone else's hunt reach 2,500 eggs, and I haven't made it there yet, unless you include all of my hunts together. Good luck on the Petilil hunt.

Yesterday I caught several Ditto on White, and one of them has perfect IVs in Attack and Sp. Attack, which will be great for IV breeding. At least I've had some good luck lately.
Old October 7th, 2011 (11:18 PM). Edited October 7th, 2011 by G-Money.
G-Money
Polychromatic Iridescence

Nature: Jolly
I've decided to SR for the Unova starters because they open up a whole bunch of other targets on White (I'm not starting the game until I get all three, and possibly the elemental monkeys). My gosh, they take a long time to SR for!! So far I've done 202 Snivy, 5 Oshawott, and 34 Tepig from forgetting to move the cursor over, "lol." :cer_laugh:

Welcome to the club, atif and Shiny Snivy!

Quote originally posted by Fireworks:
after 2636 abra sr i finally got my shiny
Quote originally posted by Troggy:
it's a shiny Adamant Dwebble
Quote originally posted by Shiny Celebi:
an Audino appeared and it was shiny
Quote originally posted by zombie101:
yester day i got a shiny weavile from GTS!
Quote originally posted by Kirozane:
Shiny goldeen
Quote originally posted by atif:
it was a Shiny Magikarp!
Quote originally posted by abhi123:
After 11368 SRs, tepig FINALLY decides to shine!!
Quote originally posted by Arceus Whisper:
I found a SHINY RAPIDASH.
Quote originally posted by Shiny Snivy:
After 790 eggs I hatched a Shiny Snivy!!
Congrats on all the shinies, Shiny Hunters!! You've had a tremendous streak!! This is really awesome. Whoo!!! *excited for everyone* :cer_boogie:

Nice reactions too, especially Kirozane and Shiny Snivy. I guess Shiny Snivy picked a great name! :cer_laugh:

Quote originally posted by Chr. Draco:
the riddle is sudowoodo
Haha, I was nowhere close! An awesome shiny you've got there, Chr. By the way, you have a really cool title - how were you promoted to such an esteemed Choctor position? :D

Yesterday I caught several Ditto on White, and one of them has perfect IVs in Attack and Sp. Attack, which will be great for IV breeding. At least I've had some good luck lately.
By the time you actually do get your shiny Litwick (optimist's projection: June 2014), at least it'll have good IVs!! "lol," I'm just joking. You're going to get it tomorrow.

EDIT: Haha, that post read more like a "Shiny Hunters's Week in Review." It really wouldn't be that much of a step to turn it into a newspaper - we have a section on recent shinies, an article investigating a member's name, a horoscope for our co-owner, and an update on the hunts of the all-important G-Money. Now we just need some artwork and poor attempts at humorous titles, and we've got ourselves a shiny newspaper! :cer_laugh:

Path of the Dragon: 2/7
Path of the Ghost: 9/18
Path of the Starter: 10/18
Old October 8th, 2011 (01:12 PM).
Chr. Draco
Dragon Power

Current target 938... and counting.

Quote originally posted by G-Money:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chr. Draco
the riddle is sudowoodo

Haha, I was nowhere close! An awesome shiny you've got there, Chr. By the way, you have a really cool title - how were you promoted to such an esteemed Choctor position? :D
I'll be trying to put more riddles as that one for any new shiny i get. Choctor sounds like doctor i guess... still no idea what you mean. btw, hope you get your unova starters soon, you have both b & w?
The newspaper sounds like a good idea, i have some pokemon drawings but don't know which one to use.

To Latios Master:
hope you get your litwick, it must have been a long hunt for you.

947 and counting....

(I'll reveal my target soon, hopefully)

Cya all and happy hunting.
Old October 8th, 2011 (08:40 PM).
Latios Master
11 Year PC Member

Thanks, G-Money and Chr. Draco.

I traded for some Japanese Pokémon on the GTS. They are Eevee, Litwick, Axew, Cranidos, Gible, Cyndaquil, Mudkip x2, Skarmory, Totodile, Archen, Deino, Zorua, Snivy x3, Anorith, and Druddigon. The first two Snivy looked like they may have been hacked, so I had to trade for a third one. They looked normal except for their date of getting received, which said 2000 and 2005, so I released them. I hatched about 30 eggs of various Pokémon using the Masuda Method that people wanted in return. The real prize of the group is the Litwick, which has four perfect IVs in HP, Defense, Sp. Attack, and Sp. Defense. I was really lucky to get that one. I switched the Ditto with Litwick and gave it a Power Lens, which I just got today from the Battle Subway, and I am breeding it with a Litwick that has a perfect Speed stat that I hatched earlier this year while MMing. The Japanese Litwick has a Modest nature, so I gave an Everstone to the Timid Litwick that I'm breeding it with because I want to hatch Litwick with a Timid nature. I hatched a total of 2,320 Litwick using a Japanese Ditto. The hunt, using a Japanese Litwick, picks up from there and is currently at 2,355. Every Litwick I hatch has a perfect Sp. Attack IV, and most have a second or third perfect IV as well. My Archen hunt increased a little to 60. That will be my next main hunt if this Litwick hunt ever ends.

I doubt I'll get it tomorrow. My focus on Sundays is football. Go Vikings! (They may go 0-16)
Old October 9th, 2011 (07:15 AM).
Kirozane
Frolic and fun~
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via AIM to Kirozane Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kirozane Send a message via Skype™ to Kirozane
Thanks, G-Money and Chr. Draco.

I traded for some Japanese Pokémon on the GTS. They are Eevee, Litwick, Axew, Cranidos, Gible, Cyndaquil, Mudkip x2, Skarmory, Totodile, Archen, Deino, Zorua, Snivy x3, Anorith, and Druddigon. The first two Snivy looked like they may have been hacked, so I had to trade for a third one. They looked normal except for their date of getting received, which said 2000 and 2005, so I released them. I hatched about 30 eggs of various Pokémon using the Masuda Method that people wanted in return. The real prize of the group is the Litwick, which has four perfect IVs in HP, Defense, Sp. Attack, and Sp. Defense. I was really lucky to get that one. I switched the Ditto with Litwick and gave it a Power Lens, which I just got today from the Battle Subway, and I am breeding it with a Litwick that has a perfect Speed stat that I hatched earlier this year while MMing. The Japanese Litwick has a Modest nature, so I gave an Everstone to the Timid Litwick that I'm breeding it with because I want to hatch Litwick with a Timid nature. I hatched a total of 2,320 Litwick using a Japanese Ditto. The hunt, using a Japanese Litwick, picks up from there and is currently at 2,355. Every Litwick I hatch has a perfect Sp. Attack IV, and most have a second or third perfect IV as well. My Archen hunt increased a little to 60. That will be my next main hunt if this Litwick hunt ever ends.

I doubt I'll get it tomorrow. My focus on Sundays is football. Go Vikings! (They may go 0-16) :(
Wow. That's somethin. XD If you really want japanese legit pokemon, I have two games I can run around and get stuff with. XD SS and Black. I imported them cause I'm all impatient and stuff....

But I still think my coolest thing was the Litwick I MM'd on my japanese black. My main team Chandelure and an english ditto went in and egg 26 ended up shiny~
Old October 9th, 2011 (05:58 PM).
Shiny Snivy
Beginning Trainer

Hey everyone,

Sorry Kirozane, well done on your shiny Goldeen! :D Also congrats to Chr. Draco for the Sudowoodo, that's amazing, Sudowoodo is a tough pokemon and it looks great shiny!

Good luck everyone, especially G-money, SRing for all shiny starters! What dedication, I SRed for Snivy for..... months (no idea how many SRs) before I gave up and started MMing for the starters. AAAAND my quest has officially finished this morning! With the third and final starter hatching!

I have a Sassy Snivy, a Docile Oshawott and a Quiet Tepig (natures are average, but I don't mind) and they are all shiny :D Ah what a great day.

Also I have decided to buy a 3DS this week so I can finally get on the GTS, yay!!

Good luck everyone and keep hunting, I'm going to go and start my Shiny adventure in White now!
Desired B&W RE shiny: Minccino
Old October 10th, 2011 (06:15 AM). Edited October 10th, 2011 by Chr. Draco.
Chr. Draco
Dragon Power

Okay, first things first, my current count is 1144 and counting...

To Kirozane:
Good you got your's in a short amount of hatches, congrats.

To Latios Master:
Don't worry, the point is not give up in something you really want, in this case litwick, and it's good it's going to have a 31 IV Sp. Atk and more probabilities on having the desired nature.
Btw, did your team won on sunday?

To shiny snivy:
Thanks, sudowoodo it's cool, but I had to SR it a lot because I SRed 2 shiny sudowoodo by accident, anyway, the third one is the one, you know. Also congrats on your Unova shiny trio.

I'll start again my HR's for my current target, Cya everyone and happy hunting.
Old October 10th, 2011 (02:19 PM).
Arceus Whisper
Shiny Hunter

Nature: Lax
Just a quick check in. Gulpin 477 Eggs Unown 400 RE's.

I needed a Mudkip in my Heartgold so I restarted my Emerald, but then I decided to play through the rest of the game (thinking I might just run into a Random Shiny). Then today in English Class I was bored I decided to hatch a box of Koffing Eggs, only because it was the first Poke that I encountered both Male and Female. No results, but then it hit me that without the MM then it was a waste to take the time to hatch eggs. Unless you really want a specific pokemon I guess, but anyway now I need a good spot to RE in Emerald, for next time I get an urge to Hunt in English Class (Early American Literature puts me to sleep). I was thinking Fiery Path. Any ideas would be welcomed.

3DS FC: 5284-2430-5346
Old October 10th, 2011 (06:51 PM).
Latios Master
11 Year PC Member

To Latios Master:
Don't worry, the point is not give up in something you really want, in this case litwick, and it's good it's going to have a 31 IV Sp. Atk and more probabilities on having the desired nature.
Btw, did your team won on sunday?
Yes, they won 34-10 over the Cardinals. Now I don't have to worry about a winless season. They only face one more team that's struggling as much as they are, the Broncos on 12/4.

To Kirozane: Thanks for the offer. If there's anything I'm interested in, I'll let you know. I'm pretty sure everything minus the two Snivy I mentioned are legit.

This week's random hunt is... Gligar!

Litwick: 2,411
Old October 11th, 2011 (05:31 AM). Edited October 11th, 2011 by Chr. Draco.
Chr. Draco
Dragon Power

Hello everyone, how are you all doing?

My current count is 1304 and counting, you know.

To Latos Master:
Thats good, maybe they're going to win the next one also. btw, gligar looks cool in its shiny coloration.

To arceus whisper:
If you're going to Fiery path, then I think a good option would be torkoal, if you want a place with suspensful music then meteor falls (bagon) or mt pyre (chimecho).

1316 and counting...
Old October 11th, 2011 (04:51 PM).
Arceus Whisper
Shiny Hunter

Hey I have a quick question. Hypothetically if I wanted to catch a Shiny Wynaut, but don't have a Lax Incense and since it is statistically proven that you are more likely to encounter a Shiny Pokemon than to visit Mirage Island, could I save BEFORE the lady gives me the Wynaut egg, hatch it and if it's not shiny SR and try again?

Anyway I'm facing Flannery as we speak I will hopefully beat the E4 before this weekend so that way when I'm ready I will be able to take on my Legendary Hoenn Hunt. My plan is to catch a Shiny Groudon, Kyorge, Rayquaza, Regirock, Regice, Registeel and Lati(a/os). After that transfer them to my Heartgold (confession time... I do not own a fifth gen game yet, I know they're already a year old. I am getting White for Christmas so I will be able to MM with 1/1133 chances or whatever odds it is). I'm thinking after I MM Gulpin and RE Unown that I will start that Shiny Quest, to be honest I will be super pleased if I can catch all seven before college. :\

Quote:
To arceus whisper:
If you're going to Fiery path, then I think a good option would be torkoal, if you want a place with suspensful music then meteor falls (bagon) or mt pyre (chimecho).
Well I'm not looking for a single target, I am looking for a place with a lot of really cool shinies and running around there and see if something pops up. I do like the Mt. Pyre idea, both Chimecho and Shuppet are really cool shinies.

Good luck on all of our respective shiny hunts and may we see some blue Gulpins and Unowns.

Old October 11th, 2011 (11:11 PM). Edited October 11th, 2011 by G-Money.
G-Money

btw, hope you get your unova starters soon, you have both b & w?
Thanks! I have both B and W, and I finished B back in April. I never even opened W until recently, and I'm going to try to get the starters now. I have a lot more incentive to hunt them than Palkia right now because I don't have the W version exclusives or the ability to trade in the 5th gen right now. *is motivated to get Unova starters*

Quote originally posted by Shiny Snivy:
I have a Sassy Snivy, a Docile Oshawott and a Quiet Tepig (natures are average, but I don't mind) and they are all shiny :D Ah what a great day.
Congratulations!!!!! That's a really nice set! I hope you don't mind if I keep up the spirit of your hunt.

sudowoodo it's cool, but I had to SR it a lot because I SRed 2 shiny sudowoodo by accident, anyway, the third one is the one, you know.
Aw, that's so frustrating! It's absolutely taunting to have a shiny in your grasp and watch it slip through. I know how it feels (SRed over a shiny Chikorita), and it's one of the worst experiences a shiny hunter can have. May none of us ever SR over a shiny again! *enchants SHC*

Hey I have a quick question. Hypothetically if I wanted to catch a Shiny Wynaut, but don't have a Lax Incense and since it is statistically proven that you are more likely to encounter a Shiny Pokemon than to visit Mirage Island, could I save BEFORE the lady gives me the Wynaut egg, hatch it and if it's not shiny SR and try again?

Anyway I'm facing Flannery as we speak I will hopefully beat the E4 before this weekend so that way when I'm ready I will be able to take on my Legendary Hoenn Hunt. My plan is to catch a Shiny Groudon, Kyorge, Rayquaza, Regirock, Regice, Registeel and Lati(a/os). After that transfer them to my Heartgold (confession time... I do not own a fifth gen game yet, I know they're already a year old. I am getting White for Christmas so I will be able to MM with 1/1133 chances or whatever odds it is). I'm thinking after I MM Gulpin and RE Unown that I will start that Shiny Quest, to be honest I will be super pleased if I can catch all seven before college. :\

Well I'm not looking for a single target, I am looking for a place with a lot of really cool shinies and running around there and see if something pops up. I do like the Mt. Pyre idea, both Chimecho and Shuppet are really cool shinies.

Good luck on all of our respective shiny hunts and may we see some blue Gulpins and Unowns.
Sure, why not? (Sorry, necessary pun. :cer_laugh You can SR before you get the egg, but it's a lot faster to just get 5 eggs and then hatch them all at the same time, with a Slugma (or any Flame Body/Magma Armor Pokemon) in the front of your party. You can get a Lax Incense on Mt. Pyre in R/S/E or in the Lost Cave in FR/LG. Mt. Pyre is an awesome place to shiny hunt, and you can get the Lax Incense while you're over there!

Good luck on your Hoenn Quest! That's remarkably similar to one of my very first posts on PC, which just shows you how long I've been putting off my own Hoenn Quest, haha. Mine was a little different, and I've failed miserably, "lol." The best of luck to you! *channels Hoenn luck and energy into artifact, gives artifact to Arceus Whisper*

Old October 12th, 2011 (05:45 AM). Edited October 12th, 2011 by Chr. Draco.
Chr. Draco
Dragon Power

Just updating my progress... 1464 HRs

I sometimes play other games when I'm starting to get bored of waiting, but surely it will appear soon.

To G-Money:
Thanks, I think a GL charm will do for all type of hunts, anyway, I believe you in chikorita because when you saw it, you maybe were ready to SR and your fingers where faster than yourself, It's a little frustrating, more when you repeatedly do it, and more when it takes more time to appear again.

Btw, I'm trying to do a non-evolution shiny game, so my shiny totodile won't evolve, for sudowoodo, well in my opinion it's not an evolution but a normal stage, because it was not until generation IV when it got it's pre-evolution, so I think I will use it for my SS adventure, I already did something similar in ruby, but had to evolve everyone during the elite 4 (good battle music, one of my favorites), because the evolved forms overpowered my team; I think it was not until steven when I decided to evolve them, for the rest I had to use a lot of strategy, even having a little more lvl than their's, frustrating but fun at the same time and you may imagine other forms of difficulty I wanted to add at that time, but this time I want to do it with a shiny team without evolution, and I think I'll do the same in B&W. There's also a solo speedrun I want to do, saw some people on youtube and it inspired me, unfortunately can't do because I want to catch Reshiram/zekrom at the dragon spiral tower because I find the place more epic.

Wow, I had never written a lot for a post, so sorry for any mistakes in my writting and if it's too long, I'll try to make it short next time.
Well, time to continue my hunt. cya and happy hunting for everyone.
Old October 14th, 2011 (09:54 PM).
Shiny Snivy
Beginning Trainer

Anyone had any luck lately?

I've been continuing my BW play through and my shiny trio have all evolved (see updated sig.) I'm sitting on badge 7/8 and I have suddenly decided I want a shiny Solosis so that's my current target. I've been MMing for that today. I'm only just over 60 eggs in and I'm hoping I'll be one of those ridiculously lucky people that hatch a shiny after about 100 (earlier would also be appreciated)

Good luck everyone :D
Desired B&W RE shiny: Minccino
Old October 14th, 2011 (10:45 PM).
Arceus Whisper
Shiny Hunter

I've been doing a ton of RE's for Unown (ton being a relative term) I am now up to 567 RE's, I know not a lot but over the past three weeks I only did 400 now today alone I did 167 plus I still have the whole weekend. I am taking a break from Emerald, I really want Gulpin and Unown. Tomorrow I probably will push for Gulpin since I'm spending all tonight on Unown. I also have taken an interest in Rumble shinies (my interest perked after my Rapidash find) I was wondering if the chances of finding a shiny on Rumble are still 1/8192 or not cause if they are then I am definitively gonna take a handheld hiatus and pursue some shines on Rumble in the near future.

Quote:
I'm hoping I'll be one of those ridiculously lucky people that hatch a shiny after about 100
I'm in your boat I am currently at 495 eggs for Gulpin =/

Old October 16th, 2011 (02:23 PM).
encas
Don't tread on me.

Nature: Quirky
Today, after deciding to take a break from my attempts to MM a shiny Nasty Plot Smoochum, I thought it would be cool to try my luck SRing for a shiny Virizion. So I headed to Pinwheel Forest with a Timid Munna at the front of my party, and started SRing.

Although I started SRing in the morning, I wasn't expecting much. My previous attempts to SR for shinies never paid off in the third generation, so I never even bothered in the fourth or fifth generation games. However, I figured that shiny Virizion was so pretty in pink that I wanted to try my hand at catching one myself. Also, I had not encountered a single shiny in my Black despite logging about 300 hours of game play time, so I felt that it was time to change that.

After thinking that I saw at least two shinies due to the glare on my DS screen (they were actually of normal coloration), I trudged on. Sometime in the afternoon after hunting on-and-off, I encountered a shiny! Needless to say, I started chucking my balls from the get go; the Gothitelle that I was using to endure the Virizion's hits was ten levels above Virizion, so I was afraid of fainting it, even if I were to use Charge Beam. Thankfully, I had a Litwick with me from the Smoochum hatching, and it knew Night Shade, so I could whittle down the Pokemon's health with confidence.

After some time, I caught the Virizion and nicknamed it Rosalind. As it turned out, she ended up with a Modest nature and average to decent IVs where it counted, so I was quite pleased, especially upon noticing that my Munna did't have Synchronize as its ability all along. I got really lucky with Rosalind; I'm pretty sure I only did 100-200 SRs (I don't really have the patience or willpower to count, haha). :D
Old October 16th, 2011 (06:52 PM).
Basculin
Dragonite Fan

Nature: Gentle
You guys are so dedicated! I can't get past 10 eggs. /very, very impatient.

Platinum FC:
1291 7915 8896
White FC: 1163 2702 7590
White 2 FC: 2280 5895 3333
Pokemon X FC: 4081 6662 2044
CMT? http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=6883822#post6883822
Old October 16th, 2011 (07:57 PM).
Keruso

you guys wouldnt mind if i joined this club, would you?

Most of you guys actually know me (mainly, G-Money and Yanappu/Landorus) from other websites and forums.

and i actually come into the club with two fresh shinies:

yesterday, i started my plan of action to get in shape (im not overly overweight, i just need to lose around 50 lbs) and got back on Wii Fit for a little while. there's one exercise that i can do for 30 minutes, so i started that and returned to my encountering in Firered Route 3, mainly hoping for a Nidoran. later on that night, in fact just about when i was gonna head to bed, a shiny Spearow had appeared (id post a picture of it, but the site wont let me until i made 15 posts). Before the Spearow appeared, i was looking on Serebii's PokeEarth to see where my next hunt would be, and and decided it to be Sevault Canyon, so that's where i headed next. i had gotten lost and went up to Pattern Brush by accident and, hand to heaven, my first Pokemon that i saw in that Brush was a Shiny Heracross!! 5 minutes AFTER Spearow!!! This is a new record for me!!! I was hunting in there before without luck, and this is only the second time this has happened! The first was a Petilil after 8 encounters and then a few hours later after work a Purrloin showed after around 600 encounters!

uh, so, does this let me in or do i have to make a pledge?
Old October 16th, 2011 (08:15 PM).
Latios Master
11 Year PC Member

Congrats on the shiny Virizion, encas!

Welcome to the club, Keruso! Congrats on the shinies! You only needed to ask if you could join to become a member of the club.

This week's random hunt is... Ponyta!

Litwick: 2,515
Swablu: 3

I hatched Swablu so that I could trade for a Japanese Absol on the GTS. I also traded a Ditto for a Japanese Ditto. The Japanese Ditto has a Jolly nature, which was the nature I wanted the most when I traded for a Japanese Ditto in April, but I had to settle for my second choice, Timid. Now I have both.
Old October 17th, 2011 (11:26 AM).
G-Money

My 100th post in this thread! Party!!!

:cer_boogie:

SHINY LUCK FOR EVERYBODY!!!!!

Spoiler:

People have been talking about very manly things like football and Vikings, so I figured I'd continue the trend of manliness. I warn you, though: it's not for the faint of heart! Only the most manly of men should open the spoiler, for few can withstand the machoness inside.

To G-Money:
Thanks, I think a GL charm will do for all type of hunts, anyway, I believe you in chikorita because when you saw it, you maybe were ready to SR and your fingers where faster than yourself, It's a little frustrating, more when you repeatedly do it, and more when it takes more time to appear again.
I know, right! But I'll be avenged one of these days...

Cool quest! That sounds like a lot of fun. Good luck!

I was wondering if the chances of finding a shiny on Rumble are still 1/8192 or not cause if they are then I am definitively gonna take a handheld hiatus and pursue some shines on Rumble in the near future.
I'm not totally sure on this, but I think it's still 1/8192. However, you get shinies a lot faster because you encounter so many Pokemon so quickly, whereas it might take over a minute for each individual encounter while playing through a main game. It's still shiny hunting, but in very large doses.

Quote originally posted by encas:
shiny Virizion
Congrats! Welcome to the club, and the best of luck on your future hunts! Actually, wait. We've reserved the best of luck for Latios Master, so you get the second best of luck! Once Latios Master gets his shiny (which he's been searching for since April? May? It was a really long time ago.), you'll be bumped up in the queue to get the best of luck. :cer_laugh:

So yeah, sorry about that. You've been placed on the waiting list to get good shiny luck - but you're second! *evil laughter*

Quote originally posted by Basculin:
You guys are so dedicated! I can't get past 10 eggs. /very, very impatient.
You can do it! We believe in you! Well, except for the fact that you probably don't exist...but other than that, you can do it! Persevere!

Getting a shiny is really rewarding, even if it doesn't seem to be worth the effort. If you get too bored hunting the same shiny over and over again, you can take up the challenge someone suggested a while back - hatch one egg of each Pokemon, and hope one ends up shiny! For conveniency, you could even get 5 eggs of each Pokemon and run/bike around with a Slugma. You'll be pleasantly surprised when one of the eggs turns up shiny.

Quote originally posted by Keruso:
you guys wouldnt mind if i joined this club, would you?

Most of you guys actually know me (mainly, G-Money and Yanappu/Landorus) from other websites and forums.

and i actually come into the club with two fresh shinies
KERUSO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the SHC!!! I'm really glad to see a shiny hunting legend join the club!

Wow, two shinies within 5 minutes of each other!!!? That's amazing!! And Heracross, too! That's a really awesome shiny - you're the one who's been sapping (no pun intended) our luck! Well, I hope your shiny Heracross is well-fed, because you're getting bumped to the bottom of the luck queue! We have people waiting in line for months, and you come along and get 2 shinies within 5 minutes? And in your first post, no less? Tsk tsk, Keruso. ("lol" jk, we're honored to have you!)

Old October 17th, 2011 (12:54 PM). Edited October 17th, 2011 by Keruso.
Keruso

Heh, you call me a shiny hunting legend, whereas ive only been a hunter for a year and a half and got about 2 boxes of shinies. my luck is completely random, so i may jump that queue a few times.

so, i may as well post up all my hunts since im here:

Fire Red: Sevault Canyon, hoping for a Natu, but don't care what i get (just not another Spearow)
LeafGreen: Charmander Resets, then im gonna play through the game with a random team that i got from the challenge thread on Serebii (hopefully, they work)
Ruby: no longer hunting in it since the battery died
Sapphire: was resetting for Treecko, but the battery died on me as i was doing so, so no longer hunting in this game (and i had many hunts to do in this one)
Emerald: yes Emerald. Smeargle in Artisan Cave, Mt.Pyre, the Desert, then maybe go for Plusle or Minun. I got a Swayellow from training up my Ryhorn, so im only doing five hunts
Pearl: Random areas. i might use tat random site to help me out. currently looking for a Pachirisu. also Regigigas
Diamond: Currently playing through with some of my shinies, but when im done, EVERYTHING RESETTABLE!!!1
Platinum: Random areas
Soulsilver: Enigma Stone Lati, Kabuto Resets, then.....nothing i guess
Heartgold: Currently doing a play through with some of my shinies, but im also doing a Shiny Eyecatch tour, where everyplace that shows you an Eyecatch i will hunt in. Currently in the Burned Towers basement, hoping for a Koffing
White: no current hunts, but when i do get back into it, i wanna hunt in my White Forest
Black: Don't have it yet

All that i posted above will be IN ORDER that i hunt, so i wont be getting back to white for a LOOOOONG while

Edit: Whoops, its actually Ruin Valley that i went to, not Sevault Canyon
Old October 17th, 2011 (01:35 PM).
Basculin
Dragonite Fan

Quote:
You can do it! We believe in you! Well, except for the fact that you probably don't exist...but other than that, you can do it! Persevere!

Getting a shiny is really rewarding, even if it doesn't seem to be worth the effort. If you get too bored hunting the same shiny over and over again, you can take up the challenge someone suggested a while back - hatch one egg of each Pokemon, and hope one ends up shiny! For conveniency, you could even get 5 eggs of each Pokemon and run/bike around with a Slugma. You'll be pleasantly surprised when one of the eggs turns up shiny.
Oh I know! I have always wanted to get one myself. I think I might try. (:

Platinum FC:
1291 7915 8896
Old October 17th, 2011 (02:24 PM).
G-Money

Heh, you call me a shiny hunting legend, whereas ive only been a hunter for a year and a half and got about 2 boxes of shinies.
only been a hunter for a year and a half and got about 2 boxes of shinies.
a year and a half and got about 2 boxes of shinies.
about 2 boxes of shinies.
2 boxes of shinies.
Thank you for proving my point.

I've been hunting since 2006, and I've blessed with all of 18 shinies, which is barely over half a box. Then again, I haven't been hunting every day, but still! I'm really proud of the shinies I have, and you have even more! Two boxes is awesome and we're really glad to have you here (and encas and Basculin!)!

Quote originally posted by Basculin:
Oh I know! I have always wanted to get one myself. I think I might try. (:
Definitely! The thrill of getting a shiny is awesome. Do you have any favorites you might go after?

Old October 17th, 2011 (02:37 PM).
Basculin
Dragonite Fan

Quote:
Definitely! The thrill of getting a shiny is awesome. Do you have any favorites you might go after?
Hmmm... not, not really.
I just wish I was lucky enough to come across a random one!
I might go after Shuppet come to think of it.

Platinum FC:
1291 7915 8896
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links