Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 26th, 2012 (12:49 PM).
Spritingyoshi22
That guy over there

Nature: Brave
Quick update:
I have planned to resume shiny hunting on saturday as i havn't been
able to for a decent amount of time due to homework. Other than that nothing else has changed in terms of eggs/encounters/SR's.
Old January 26th, 2012 (05:40 PM).
LucarioGuild7

Nature: Jolly
Quote originally posted by Lake of Retro:
I think I speak for everyone in this club, please try to make posts a little bit more interesting and longer. Just a tip.

Update:

- Torchic : 1250 SR's

- Drilbur : 180 MM'd Eggs

I feel like both of them aren't going to shine for a while, but it's still in the early stages.
sorry im kinda new to the group just trying give an update on what im doing
Old January 26th, 2012 (09:09 PM). Edited January 26th, 2012 by G-Money.
G-Money
Polychromatic Iridescence

It's my first anniversary as an SHC member!! :cer_boogie:

shiny Totodile
Congrats! And I can't make good sigs, but I can make really bad ones if you'd like.

Quote originally posted by Latios Master:
I would like to join the Eevee race too. Umbreon is my favorite shiny.
Awesome!

Quote originally posted by LucarioGuild7:
Hello id like to join i
Welcome to the SHC!

Quote originally posted by DarkBreloom:
Just lost a shiny ho-oh
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm really sorry to hear that. Get another one soon!

Quote originally posted by Chr. Draco:
maybe we can put the winner in the shiny hunter magazine
"lol" that's a brilliant idea!

Quote originally posted by ShinySearcher01:
Hey guys. Bad news and good news.
Bad news: I'm going to have to drop out of the eevee race.
sorry, but I'm just crazy busy right now.

Good news: I closed my shop due to WiFi
issues, so now I can devote myself fulltime to
hunting!
If I understand this right, what you're trying to say is:

Sorry guys, but I have bad news: I won't have any more time to shiny hunt, so I won't be hunting Eevee. Luckily I have a lot more free time now (because I closed my Wifi shop), so I'll have a lot more time to hunt now! I'm going to go for a shiny Snivy.

"lol"

looky what i got
Congrats!!

I think I speak for everyone in this club, please try to make posts a little bit more interesting and longer. Just a tip.
While I appreciate you trying to help out the club, I don't really think that's necessary. Everyone has their own posting style - some people jot quick updates, some type beautiful novels, and others take everything everyone else said and compose it into something that's as long as a novel but ends up being a quick, often nonsensical reply to what others are saying; the people who post like this often have absolutely no idea what they're talking about, and they also tend to post obscure factoids such as the date to the year that they joined the club.

Basically, feel free to post in whatever way is most comfortable for you. Don't worry about length or anything; we're happy to have you posting in the club!

Path of the Dragon: 2/7
Path of the Ghost: 8/18
Path of the Starter: 10/18
Old January 27th, 2012 (04:24 AM). Edited January 27th, 2012 by SS01.
SS01
#PoC Collab

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SS01
43 Snivy.
G-Money, I meant my video game time. I wondered for a sec if it was worth editing in, but didn't bother./embarassed But I'll be back in the race, I thought I had a ton of things this weekend, but I don't.
Also, I'm going to start over soulsilver, and reset starters. we've got a road trip in a few weeks, so it'll be a good time to do it. I wonder if shinies like the Québec wilderness? I just thought of something. in SS, you can see shininess on the selection screen, so what if I get two at once? noooo...

And I RNG'd myself a shiny litwick, don't think that counts for club purposes,
but just since it's my first one.
Old January 27th, 2012 (10:30 AM).
DarkBreloom
Wesker Hater

Nature: Serious
okay this i really darkbreloom the person youve been listening too is my dumb brother who knew my password and i only have the shinies i started with i didnt even find my voltorb yet i see all the posts my brother posted and im sorry plz dont let him join his username is "racter457".
Old January 28th, 2012 (04:19 AM).
SS01
#PoC Collab

Feels like around 100 Eevee. (I don't keep track of SRs, as far as I'm concerned,
it's wasting time you could be doing more resets.)

okay this i really darkbreloom the person youve been listening too is my dumb brother who knew my password
lol! guess that's what you get for telling people your password!

One more thing. Does anybody know if synchronize affects gift pokemon, such as Eevee? Thanks!
Old January 28th, 2012 (06:56 PM).
G-Money

I finally got some time to hunt!!

639 Eevee.
409 Spititomb. (I know, not much. But it's an improvement!)

G-Money, I meant my video game time.
Haha, alright. I totally read your post wrong, "lol." So you have less time for video games overall, but that time you spend on video games will be spent solely on hunting. Got it. :cer_wink:

And having two shiny Johto starters would be a great dilemma to have!! I would love to have that "problem," "lol."

No, RNG shinies don't count for the club. I would go so far as to say they're not even shiny - those trickster Pokemon just painted themselves with an illusory veil to make themselves look shiny, but they aren't really. :cer_laugh:

okay this i really darkbreloom the person youve been listening too is my dumb brother who knew my password and i only have the shinies i started with i didnt even find my voltorb yet i see all the posts my brother posted and im sorry plz dont let him join his username is "racter457".
"lol" what a situation! I don't think this has happened before, haha.

One more thing. Does anybody know if synchronize affects gift pokemon, such as Eevee? Thanks!
Synchronize only works for wild Pokemon and legendaries (who don't roam), unfortunately. "However, [Synchronize] does not apply to ... Generation IV's roaming legendaries and its non-legendary one-offs, including Bebe's Eevee and the Porygon in Veilstone City."

Old January 29th, 2012 (05:07 AM). Edited January 29th, 2012 by SS01.
SS01
#PoC Collab

Over 100 Eevee.

Quote originally posted by G-Money:
I finally got some time to hunt!
Great!

No, RNG shinies don't count for the club. I would go so far as to say they're not even shiny - those trickster Pokemon just painted themselves with an illusory veil to make themselves look shiny, but they aren't really.
Okay. I'll keep my RNG in Trade Corner from now on.
Note that when I fix my WiFi (which may be a while, or never)
every SHC member gets a free one. If your interested, PM for details.

And I see we are no longer using the ''ShinyDex'' on the first page.
It's too bad, although I imagine the upkeep of such a thing might be tedious.

In addition, if anyone cares, I'll be on a ski vacation from this Thursday to Saturday.
There is WiFi there, but I want to do as many things as possible, so you probably won't see much of me.
Farewell!
Old January 29th, 2012 (09:32 AM). Edited January 29th, 2012 by Arceus Whisper.
Arceus Whisper
Shiny Hunter

Nature: Lax
*Drum Roll* I FINALLY BEAT WHITE *calms down* now I can start shiny hunting with the new (for me) improved Masuda odds, I'm so excited i can also now transfer pokemon from my heartgold
I think I'm gonna Masuda Charmander while RE'ing for Litwick
EDIT: Thanks Keruso for pointing out my typo

3DS FC: 5284-2430-5346
Old January 29th, 2012 (10:18 AM).
Keruso

Quote originally posted by Arceus Whisper:
*Drum Roll* I FINALLY BEAT WHITE *calms down* now I can start shiny hunting with the new (for me) improved Medusa odds, I'm so excited i can also now transfer pokemon from my heartgold
I think I'm gonna Medusa Charmander while RE'ing for litwick
er-hem. if i may interject here, what you are actually referring to is the mythical creature called Medusa, who turned you to stone with her eyes and had snakes for hair. the person you are actually referring to is MASUDA. though i do find it funny that you with turn Charmander into stone if you go that way.

yes, im still around. ive picked up hunting a little bit more, by going into Platinum and continue hunting by the Valley Windworks, though so far nothing has showed up. also, my DSi has now decided to freeze up every now and then on a wymsi, so now i have to be careful how i place the darn thing (no, i dont have a 3DS..............yet
Old January 29th, 2012 (11:37 PM).
Lake of Retro
Just keep swimming.

Nature: Relaxed
It looks like the club has had a drought for a long time, I haven't been one to receive it so I'll give it.

GOOD LUCK!

Anyway, I gave up on Torchic with 2000 resets because lets be honest, the shiny sprite for Torchic and Blaziken is just horrible. So I've transitioned to Treecko, and am hoping for some good luck from you guys.

Old January 30th, 2012 (04:49 AM). Edited February 2nd, 2012 by SS01.
SS01
#PoC Collab

Lake of Retro - The drought is OVER!
Okay, I thought I wouldn't have time to post between now and when I get back from vacation, but:

Spoiler:
I JUST CAUGHT A SHINY RATICATE!

Well, the NHL All-Star game had just ended (C'mon, ANY Hockey fans other than me?) and it occurred to me that my friend had asked me to RNG something for him, and I should get started. So, I headed to the dreamyard basement to find a synchronize Munna. And, after a little while, a shiny Raticate appeared in a double encounter with a Munna! so I KO the munna, and caught Raticate.

Photos:
Spoiler:

Sorry about the low-quality iPod Photos.
I gave it Squeak as a temporary nickname,
but I plan on changing it changed it to Alfie, the captain of
my all-star team. (Google Daniel Alfredsson)

Quote:
Anyway, I gave up on Torchic with 2000 resets because lets be honest, the shiny sprite for Torchic and Blaziken is just horrible. So I've transitioned to Treecko, and am hoping for some good luck from you guys.
Really? I like Torchic's shiny sprite way more than the normal one.
And, well, you asked for it: Good Luck to you, and everyone else!
Old January 31st, 2012 (10:33 AM).
Latios Master
11 Year PC Member

Nature: Adamant
Congrats on the shiny Raticate, ShinySearcher01!

This week's random hunt is... Krabby! Sorry for being late again.

I'm currently only hatching Eevee. I bred the move Wish onto it and am currently breeding for the preferred nature for an Umbreon, Careful. I also spent a short amount of time MMing Cyndaquil.
Old January 31st, 2012 (08:01 PM).
LucarioGuild7

Okay, I thought I wouldn't have time to post between now and when I get back from vacation, but:

Spoiler:

Congrats! thats so crazy =)

i gave up on finding a shiny Poliwhirl to do a montype challenge on SoulSilver, but i might pick up the hunt again on Platinum
Old February 2nd, 2012 (05:30 PM).
Arceus Whisper
Shiny Hunter

Nature: Lax

Spoiler:

Photos:
Spoiler:

Congratz just dropping in for a quick update and question

Charmander: 250 Eggs
Litwick: 150 Encounters (I know its absolutely nothing but I REALLY want Shiny Charizard he's probably on my top 10 coolest Shiny list)

I been reading about others shiny hunting experiences and I found them complaining that there internal batteries have died. Can your game not produce shinies after the battery dies?

3DS FC: 5284-2430-5346
Old February 2nd, 2012 (10:05 PM).
G-Money

Quote originally posted by Keruso:
what you are actually referring to is the mythical creature called Medusa, who turned you to stone with her eyes and had snakes for hair.
"lol" no wonder the club activity slows down! Shiny hunting is a very dangerous business, I warn ye! All beware the evil Medusa Method! The treasures are bountiful, but the risks are...risky! Many a hunter has fallen and is now turned to stone. :cer_cry:

Spoiler:
Congrats!!! Also, enjoy your skiing! Go Bruins!

And "lol," if you think those are low-quality, you probably haven't seen my potato or toaster shots before! :cer_laugh:

Quote originally posted by Latios Master:
MMing Cyndaquil.
Beware the Medusa Method, lest you and your shinies turn to stone!! :cer_disbelief:

Quote originally posted by Arceus Whisper:
I been reading about others shiny hunting experiences and I found them complaining that there internal batteries have died. Can your game not produce shinies after the battery dies?
The internal battery is only an issue in Ruby and Sapphire. There's some uncertainty as to exactly what it does, but basically it prevents you from getting SR shinies, or at the very least makes it much more difficult to get them. You can still find shinies, but the game clock is stopped, so you can't get berries, Shoal Cave is stuck at one tide all the time, and other time-based events won't occur. You will still be able to get shinies from random encounters, though.

And I've been forgetting to distribute the luck!! Thanks to Lake of Retro for reminding us, "lol." *passes luck around, starting with Lake of Retro*

*hopes Lake of Retro doesn't get turned to stone Medusa Methoding* :D

Old February 3rd, 2012 (06:29 AM). Edited February 3rd, 2012 by Chr. Draco.
Chr. Draco
Dragon Power

Ok, I finished organizing all my data for now, so time for some updates.

First, I got a shiny musharna on january 19th, here's the pic:

shiny musharna.jpg

Also evolved my shiny lilipup who is now a stoutland and leveled my shiny stunfisk to lv 100, I'm planning to train my litwick soon and I still have my shiny servine at lv 99.

Moving on to the next subject:

Congrats to G-Money for his anniversary as a member.
Congrats to shinysearcher01 for his shiny raticate ( I like the name squeak makes me remember the tv program garfield).

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keruso
what you are actually referring to is the mythical creature called Medusa, who turned you to stone with her eyes and had snakes for hair.

"lol" no wonder the club activity slows down! Shiny hunting is a very dangerous business, I warn ye! All beware the evil Medusa Method! The treasures are bountiful, but the risks are...risky! Many a hunter has fallen and is now turned to stone.
wow, makes me remember of some games where the character has the petrify/stone status, be careful guys and have a soft or remedy on hand (items that cures stone status) and also a mirror shield.

Also I'll add soon in my signature an item that may be helpful for hunting.

Don't know if I forgot to add something so congrats to any new shinies.

I think that's all for now, cya and happy hunting everyone.

Quick edit: ok, I've added the item to my signature, hope it helps.
Old February 3rd, 2012 (09:22 AM).
TheShinyEevee
ShinyHunter Before it was Cool

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to TheShinyEevee
Heya!

I haven't posted in almost, very nearly, forever. And I was going to attempt to read up on every post since I posted last but...
Well...
Maybe I have less patience for that than shiny hunting!
So, good luck and congratulations for everything I've missed thus far!

As for me, I just started hunting again. Finally.

Riolu is at just over 950 eggs (MM). I'm gonna leave Snivy for now, and Ho-oh, until I finish Riolu. I'll probably resume Snivy as a side-hunt like before when I start my next Masuda target.
I have a feeling Riolu will shine soon - and I hope so!

3DS FC: 1032-1814-9041
уσυтυвє | ѕнιηу нυηтєя'ѕ ¢υв | тυмвя

Keep your head up...
Keep your heart strong.
Old February 4th, 2012 (12:23 PM). Edited February 4th, 2012 by SS01.
SS01
#PoC Collab

Hey Everyone, I had a great trip, didn't actually reset starters (forgot I had to catch the Kanto birds) but still had a great time, and hopefully I brought back de la bonne chance de Québec for everybody. Still MM'ing Snivy and SR'ing Eevee, although I'm more focused on Snivy at the moment.
Thanks for all the congrats everyone.

Congrats!!! Also, enjoy your skiing! Go Bruins!

And "lol," if you think those are low-quality, you probably haven't seen my potato or toaster shots before! :cer_laugh:
Thanks lol! I'm pretty finicky when it comes to photos, just couldn't be bothered to go find my dSLR. And that's funny, we fit three of G-Money's posts on one page! Well, I'm off to Scotiabank place pretty soon to see the Battle of Ontario unfold as the Sens kick the butts of the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Happy hunting everyone!
Old February 5th, 2012 (11:03 AM).
WolfsbaneCharm52

I've decided I might as well join up here. But one quick question, why doesn't chaining count for the challenges?
Old February 5th, 2012 (01:14 PM). Edited February 6th, 2012 by SS01.
SS01
#PoC Collab

Quote originally posted by WolfsbaneCharm52:
I've decided I might as well join up here. But one quick question, why doesn't chaining count for the challenges?
Welcome to the club, Wolfsbane! (I figure I can do this, sorry if only the owner can accept new members) The reason chaining doesn't count for challenges is you can only do it if you have (and have beaten) DPPt, which wouldn't be fair to members who don't. But you can feel free to post about chained shinies AFAIK.

Quote:
Basically what G-Money said. If you wanted to get it fixed, you can either:
If you also have a copy of Emerald or FRLG, two GBAs and a link cable, just hold SELECT and B as you boot it, and follow the instructions.

Contact Nintendo. They will replace your game for free, however, you will lose all saved data.

Edit: We NEED more posts... Hopefully when spring break gets here we'll
get back to the five-or-so a night like it was at Christmas, as opposed
to the like, two per week that we have now.
Old February 6th, 2012 (04:20 PM).
Chr. Draco
Dragon Power

Quote:
ShinySearcher01Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfsbaneCharm52

Welcome to the club, Wolfsbane! (I figure I can do this, sorry if only the owner can accept new members) The reason chaining doesn't count for challenges is you can only do it if you have (and have beaten) DPPt, which wouldn't be fair to members who don't. But you can feel free to post about chained shinies AFAIK.
It's not only that, I read in other post that it's because chaining makes shinies to appear too easy, specially when you get used you would complete challenges too fast, maybe if there were a challenge that would be like a race of the first three that catch three shiny chainable pokemon or something like that then maybe things would be different.
Old February 6th, 2012 (08:30 PM).
Latios Master
11 Year PC Member

Nature: Adamant
Welcome to the club, WolfsbaneCharm52!

This week's random hunt is... Bidoof!
Old February 7th, 2012 (09:19 AM).
Keruso

er-hem. well, this was a surprise. ive only been encountering for at least a half hour today after i had gotten home from college, opened up my laptop and started watching Youtube videos and clicking some on GPX+ (secondary reason why i stopped hunting). this breaks my 4 and a half month drought, the longest ive had so far. now, i know it doesnt look like a shiny, that's why i thought ahead:

i was hoping for Abra to shine. been hunting here for...........oh..........about 3-4 days. I have one from chaining a while back, but a RE is SOOOO much better. im moving into Eterna Forest, hopefully to either a) avenge a lost Wurmple, b) acquire a Cascoon to complete the Wurmple line or c) get a Budew, Buneary or Misdreavous. I dont want a Dustox, but ill grab one if one shows

i think im back....... now i hope for Charmander to shine.....
Old February 7th, 2012 (10:24 AM). Edited February 7th, 2012 by TheShinyEevee.
TheShinyEevee
ShinyHunter Before it was Cool

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to TheShinyEevee
Welcome to the club WolfsbaneCharm52!
Wow, Keruso, congrats! Good luck on your new hunt!

Right now, I'm up to 1213 MM eggs for Riolu, and 445 MM eggs for Snivy. I'm deciding whether I'll SR for Ho-oh & Articuno or RE for Tangela and something else after I've done with Riolu.

Good luck to everyone else!

EDIT: Just hit 1234 eggs on Riolu! Nothing special, just a funny number :D

3DS FC: 1032-1814-9041
уσυтυвє | ѕнιηу нυηтєя'ѕ ¢υв | тυмвя

Keep your head up...
Keep your heart strong.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links