Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs
Reload this Page ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old March 5th, 2012 (04:47 PM).
Bubblegum Betch
Gold Tier

Nature: Naive
So, I have started a new hunt..or should I say a new series of hunts. I just finished playing through Ruby with only Sceptile (and got to 100 before the E4 so everyone was annihalated.)

Anyways, my goal is to reclaim all my lost shinies since many of my shinies lost were actually in Ruby or are available in Ruby.

Currently I am hunting Wobbeffet (which was originally found in Emerald's Safari Zone and it fled) and I am already 1026 encounters in. The list of my lost shinies are:

Wurmple - Found in Ruby before getting PokeDex.
Wurmple - Found in Ruby, started a new game and lost it.
Voltorb - Same as above.
Golbat - Same as above (although I think I am going to skip this one since I already have a Shiny Golbat and Crobat.)
Regirock - Found in Ruby, didn't realize it was shiny until I battled a normal one.
Tentacool - Found in HG or SS, lost save file.
Roselia - Found in Platinum, started a new game and lost it.
(now for the ones not able to be hunted in Ruby)
Shellos East - Found in Platinum, started a new game and lost it.
Timburr - That's right, during my 150 encounters on every route I found a shiny Timburr and didn't realize until I clicked run. ;_;
Old March 5th, 2012 (04:51 PM).
Highlight my signature :)

^Are you playing on an emulator or the actual console?
Old March 5th, 2012 (05:13 PM).
Strawberry Sunrise, no ice.
Crystal Tier

Nature: Lonely
I would guess I am nearing 750 slugma. I can tell I will be ecstatic when I do find this one, because whenever I tilt the ds to make it appear shiny, my heart skips a beat lol

On another note, my sapphire's internal battery is dead, can I still SR?
Because I was hoping for a treecko...

Good luck to everyone on their hunts. (And congrats on the skitty whether it was recent or not. If you found that in the wild, you have some serious luck!)
Old March 5th, 2012 (05:37 PM).

Quote originally posted by GolurkIsDaBomb:
I would guess I am nearing 750 slugma. I can tell I will be ecstatic when I do find this one, because whenever I tilt the ds to make it appear shiny, my heart skips a beat lol

Good luck to everyone on their hunts. (And congrats on the skitty whether it was recent or not. If you found that in the wild, you have some serious luck!)
no, unfortunately you cannot reset in a dead internal Battery Third Gen game. which is unfortunate, as i wanted a Treecko myself, and i reset for at least 4 months for it and it never showed.

so for me, in Platinum i decided to move from Mt. Coronet to Wayward Cave's Basement, where Gible is seen. i hope i get Gible, or Onix. Zubat and Geodude, go away.

also, why is it i only see at most 4 people in that new chat room? i would like to talk to more than two people at a time
Old March 5th, 2012 (05:44 PM).
Highlight my signature :)

Quote originally posted by GolurkIsDaBomb:

At first I had no idea it was rare I saw it and it looked cute so I figured why not and caught it. I was able to transfer her onto Soul Silver but I could not get her into White. So I used a save game editor and made a Skitty clone except the bastard will not listen to me now that he is past lv. 10 I need to figure out a fix... it seems like with emulators its 1 step forward and than 2 steps back....
Old March 5th, 2012 (10:52 PM).
Gold Tier

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MetalMario
Ohh man, now I need to finish that Druddigon hunt!
I don't really need any prep done for it. I'll just pop in my White and begin REing in the dragonspiral tower ground floor. I'll switch to breeding if Axiom 22 strikes.

I'd rather be a comma than a full stop

osu!
stream
github
latest shiny: Boldore (Oct.30/11)
Old March 6th, 2012 (09:21 PM). Edited March 7th, 2012 by G.U.Y..
Bubblegum Betch
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by Skitty1:
^Are you playing on an emulator or the actual console?
I'm triple hunting on my two SPs and DS lite. Went and bought a used Ruby for 10 bucks to do it. o3o

Edit
Spoiler:

OMG SHINY ODDISH APPEARED IN RUBY SAFARI ZONE!

I caught it on the second ball, nearly had a heart attack when it broke out. lol I love Shiny Bellossom so I am really happy (it's Bashful by the way.) Still have to keep hunting there, though!

It appeared around the 1090th encounter. I just calculated the average amount of encounters I did in the first 10 runs then used that average as the number of Pokemon I found everytime. Might have been more or less. Sorry about the picture, I was in class when it came so I had to take the picture with my cell phone and that was the only one that actually focused. No video.

Edit: At 304 now in the Safari Zone. I am swarming Surskit on Route 114 so I am hunting there until that's over..
Old March 8th, 2012 (04:21 AM). Edited March 8th, 2012 by SS01.
#PoC Collab

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SS01
1940 Viridian Forest encounters.
466 Snivy.
77 Rayquaza.

Quote originally posted by Landorus:
Congrats!

Nothing much going on here, Viridian Forest still my main hunt, hoping to get something before 3000. I also plan to start REing for Wingull/Pelliper on route 13 in black, I wanted something for the March contest, and shiny Wingull and Pelliper both have green on their wings. And we certainly do need more people in the chat, on that topic, I need to see what you think about something. You see, the other PC IRC's (#tradecorner,#pokemonclubs,#thepokecommunity) are all on the systemnet server. Several admins from those servers believe we should move the channel there. You see, everything kind of works together over there, you're admin on one channel, you're admin on all of them, which may draw some more attention in our channel. If Ozzy's in a good mood, I'll get him to mention us in the #pokemonclubs topic, which should certainly draw attention. The channel's already made, I just have to get you guys to tell me what you think. In addition, we could get on the channel significantly easier this way: all you need to do is click this link, enter a nick, and click go. I strongly recommend we do this, but I want to see what you guys think. So, let me know!

EDIT: After advice from the mods, the channel has been moved. To join, click this link enter a nickname, and click go. The old channel's topic has been updated to say this, I'll be in there for the next few days to make sure everyone knows. See ya! Also forgot to mention I'm racing against Keruso for electric type now, he's doing them in the Power Plant.

EDIT II: 2012 Pikachu! :cer_laugh:
Old March 8th, 2012 (10:03 AM).

Quote originally posted by ShinySearcher01:
Also forgot to mention I'm racing against Keruso for Pikachu now, he's doing them in the Power Plant.
no, no, no. i said an "Electric" Race, not a Pikachu race. Pika is only 25% in FireRed's Power Plant. And since the Power Plant is not a Screen Cap in HG/SS, i decided to pick this hunt up, mainly because i dont have any of the Pokes here. I also might, if i dont get my Abra in SoulSilver, Reset for Abra at the game corner

Once i get something to shine in Wayward Cave (Gible please) in Pearl, im going to make my way to SR for Regigigas, as i do have all three Regi's (two shiny, one not) in that game.

....................god, i have a lot of hunts going on
Old March 9th, 2012 (05:59 AM).
#PoC Collab

2222 Pikachu!
466 Snivy.
77 Rayquaza.

Quote originally posted by Keruso:
no, no, no. i said an "Electric" Race, not a Pikachu race.
Yes yes, my mistake. We are having an electric race. Pikachu's being a huge pain, he still won't shine, and I SO want to SR starters, if I see a cheap used HG I might pick it up. If not I might give up on this one and resume when I get to Viridian forest again, but I don't really want to, with all these encounters in. Bye!
Old March 9th, 2012 (08:16 AM).
Shiny Hunter

Nature: Lax
Congratulations to everyone on their shinies as for myself...

My Hunts:
1950 Charmander
644 Relic Castle

I started the relic castle hunt this morning after seeing nearly 2000 non-shiny charmanders, I'm not giving up on charmander, just putting it on hold for a little might pick it up later this weekend but idk hunting in relic castle is nice cause whether i find a shiny sandile or yamask i dont really care (well i do I would prefer yamask cause cohagrigus is beast) anyway wish me luck and good luck to your selves

3DS FC: 5284-2430-5346
Old March 9th, 2012 (10:29 AM).
ShinyHunter Before it was Cool

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to TheShinyEevee
Ah! Haven't posted in a while...

Quote originally posted by Arceus Whisper:
Congratulations to everyone on their shinies as for myself...

My Hunts:
1950 Charmander
644 Relic Castle

I started the relic castle hunt this morning after seeing nearly 2000 non-shiny charmanders, I'm not giving up on charmander, just putting it on hold for a little might pick it up later this weekend but idk hunting in relic castle is nice cause whether i find a shiny sandile or yamask i dont really care (well i do I would prefer yamask cause cohagrigus is beast) anyway wish me luck and good luck to your selves
I'm sure you'll get Charmander soon! Good luck on both hunts

I'm triple hunting on my two SPs and DS lite. Went and bought a used Ruby for 10 bucks to do it. o3o

Edit
Spoiler:

I caught it on the second ball, nearly had a heart attack when it broke out. lol I love Shiny Bellossom so I am really happy (it's Bashful by the way.) Still have to keep hunting there, though!

It appeared around the 1090th encounter. I just calculated the average amount of encounters I did in the first 10 runs then used that average as the number of Pokemon I found everytime. Might have been more or less. Sorry about the picture, I was in class when it came so I had to take the picture with my cell phone and that was the only one that actually focused. No video.

Edit: At 304 now in the Safari Zone. I am swarming Surskit on Route 114 so I am hunting there until that's over..
Congratulations on both finding an awesome shiny, and catching it, considering it's the Safari Zone! I hope you get another Shiny soon :D

Quote originally posted by ShinySearcher01:
2222 Pikachu!
466 Snivy.
77 Rayquaza.

Yes yes, my mistake. We are having an electric race. Pikachu's being a huge pain, he still won't shine, and I SO want to SR starters, if I see a cheap used HG I might pick it up. If not I might give up on this one and resume when I get to Viridian forest again, but I don't really want to, with all these encounters in. Bye!
Ooh! Good luck on your new race! :D

As for my hunts:

I'm triple SRing Articuno, Ho-oh and Kyurem. As soon as I get any I will SR Giratina, but I was too lazy to get further in my Platinum, and my White file hasn't caught Kyurem yet.. so it seemed a good idea! Haha!

Articuno: 2130 SRs
Ho-oh: 2134 SRs
Kyurem: 555 SRs

I want Ho-oh first, really, or I'd be pleased with Articuno. I want Shiny Kyurem but it's my least favourite of them.
(March madness please?)
I hope I get something soon!
TSE

3DS FC: 1032-1814-9041
уσυтυвє | ѕнιηу нυηтєя'ѕ ¢υв | тυмвя

Keep your head up...
Keep your heart strong.
Old March 9th, 2012 (11:26 AM).
Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner

Congratulations on everyone's hunts.

White- Hatching Slugma eggs
Black- moved from the tower (and hunting Litwick) to Rt12 I think, anyway, to hunt Combee/Sunkern

Demoonica's Fan Fiction
Co-Owner of the Shiny Hunters Club
Old March 10th, 2012 (05:07 AM).
#PoC Collab

Like my new font?

Quote originally posted by TheShinyEevee:
Ooh! Good luck on your new race! :D

As for my hunts:

I'm triple SRing Articuno, Ho-oh and Kyurem. As soon as I get any I will SR Giratina, but I was too lazy to get further in my Platinum, and my White file hasn't caught Kyurem yet.. so it seemed a good idea! Haha!

Articuno: 2130 SRs
Ho-oh: 2134 SRs
Kyurem: 555 SRs

I want Ho-oh first, really, or I'd be pleased with Articuno. I want Shiny Kyurem but it's my least favourite of them.
(March madness please?)
I hope I get something soon!
TSE
Awesome! Good luck with those, especially Ho-Oh. Shiny Kyurem has never appealed to me much, but that's your choice!
I'm at 2345 Pikachu. I think I'll stop updating my other hunts, as this is all I'm doing at the moment. I really hope to get something soon, so I can SR starters. Bye everyone, see ya!

P.S. Anyone coming on the IRC soon?
Old March 10th, 2012 (01:14 PM).

SHINY! SMEARGLE! MASUDA! SHINY! WUT?!
WELL. I'd better tell this story as the video uploads...
So, I've been SRing Articuno, Ho-oh and Kyurem ALL DAY. ALL DAY! Short of about an hour ago when I got an urge to start playing Platinum. And, maybe a week ago I started a Masuda Smeargle hunt, because I needed to train my Giratina Catching Smeargle up. I decided it'd be fun to Masuda it while I trained it, so it seemed perfect.
So, back to today. I was playing Platinum and decided to get some eggs hatched since it's been almost a week since I have worked on the hunt, and after all of 8 EGGS, and Shiny Smeargle appeared! I still can't comprehend this xD
My shortest hunt ever, tallying 73 eggs. And a dizzy TSE to top it all.
My last Shiny, Snivy, appeared in March while watching Chuggaaconroy's pokemon Emerald walkthrough.. Exact same with this one! I named the Smeargle Platinum, though I might change that later. Not sure.
I'll grab some pictures later, but I'm still revelling in it's red tailed glory thus far.
(Oh, and, sorry Keruso! ): )
TSE

Keep your head up...
Keep your heart strong.
Old March 10th, 2012 (05:04 PM).
Bubblegum Betch
Gold Tier

Congrats on Shiny Smeargle, TheShinyEevee!

I've been doing some random hunting lately.

I contined my Abra hunt, and I am at 3202 on that.
I started a Fire Red Journey hunt (150 on each route), and I am at 1500 on that.
I also did some RAs (run-aways) for Zapdos, and I did 256 of those.

Now I get to go to work for 10 hours. Yay for working 9PM to 7AM. o3o
Old March 10th, 2012 (07:30 PM).
Polychromatic Iridescence

Nature: Jolly
2675 Eevee.

"lol" carefulwetpaint, I've named a few of my characters Shiny for SRing starters, haha!

I like the font, SS01! It contrasts nicely with Quilava's Glacation (the skin I've been using since 2006! And it's still the best :cer_tongue: ). Maybe a size or two bigger, though?

Anyways, my goal is to reclaim all my lost shinies since many of my shinies lost were actually in Ruby or are available in Ruby.
I'm sorry to hear that, Landorus. I hope you can reclaim them all soon!

Quote originally posted by KaosDarkrai:
shiny totodile
Quote originally posted by Skitty1:
I have a Skitty (shiny)
Congrats on all those shinies!! Welcome to the club, Skitty1!

Path of the Dragon: 2/7
Path of the Ghost: 10/18
Path of the Starter: 10/18
Old March 11th, 2012 (12:09 AM).

Nature: Jolly
Quick Update:
Eevee MM 90 eggs

Im thinkingof puttin eevee on hold to see if i can complete the march quest also congrats to everyone on their shinies especially TSE on the shiny Smeargle
Old March 11th, 2012 (05:49 AM).

4444 resets for Heatran so far ;P

It's annoying, I found out the other day that my Sapphire's internal battery had died, and also that I can no longer connect to the internet because the new router we got a couple of months back uses WPA security. I never got a foreign ditto so I can't Masuda much without the GTS... I might have a couple of males from former trades that I could breed the egg groups of (I think MM still works in that situation?), but I'd prefer some variety :/
That and I can't connect to distributions like the Zekrom/Reshiram one that just started!
Old March 11th, 2012 (06:06 AM).
#PoC Collab

Quote originally posted by G-Money:
I like the font, SS01! It contrasts nicely with Quilava's Glaciation (the skin I've been using since 2006! And it's still the best :cer_tongue: ). Maybe a size or two bigger, though?
I don't like Quilava's Glaciation.. Route 167+ is the best!

Quote originally posted by NeonTsuba:
I can no longer connect to the internet because the new router we got a couple of months back uses WPA security.

(I think MM still works in that situation)
That's too bad!
Whether the router uses WEP or WPA can easily be changed. Just PM me if you want to me to tell you how to do it.

Yes, MM still works in that situation.

Congrats! I've gotta watch chuggaconroy more, maybe he is lucky.

I'm at 2598 Pikachu. I've stopped updating my other hunts until I get this.
After I'm done with him, I might RE Wingull for the March quest, or I might get some SRing done on Articuno, after which I eventually will SR starters.
Old March 11th, 2012 (06:51 AM).

I'm lost. Flipping out. Confused.
ANOTHER SHINY!
ARTICUNO!!!
My first ever 1/8192 shiny and I HAVE IT!! I'm kinda upset that I used the Masterball, but heck, I DON'T CARE!
3108 Articuno SRs, and 6998 in total, counting Ho-oh and Kyurem too. I saw it scroll across the screen, and I just froze with my hand over my mouth! I cannot BELIEVE the luck I've been having!
Also, thanks everyone who congratulated Smeargle.
Two Shinies in under 24 hours!!! What is this?!
Still shaking. I cannot comprehend Smeargle yet, let alone Articuno too! WHAT?!
I was watching ChuggaaConroy's Emerald Let's Play again xD Ep 35 this time! Third shiny in a row!
Pinch me...
TSE

Keep your head up...
Keep your heart strong.
Old March 11th, 2012 (08:50 AM).
11 Year PC Member

Welcome to the club, Skitty1! Congrats on the shiny Skitty!

Congrats on the shiny Oddish, Landorus!

Congrats on the shiny Smeargle and Articuno! Wow, two in one day. What's this ChuggaaConroy's Emerald Let's Play? Is it a video series on Youtube? Maybe I should watch some while hunting.

This week's random hunt is... Togepi!
Old March 11th, 2012 (08:52 AM).

sweetness. a Pokemon i dont have as of yet. I was hoping for a Magnemite to use on a future team, but who cares!!! (yes i complained about Venomoth, but that's only because i wanted Abra at the time.) which also means that i won the race with ShinySeacher. I was also chatting with SS and TheShinyEeevee in that IRC when it showed. I believe i was going to try for Zapdos next, but ill leave that for another day. Now im going for Tentacool. second pic, as always:

congrats to all other shinies
Old March 13th, 2012 (02:07 PM).
Strawberry Sunrise, no ice.
Crystal Tier

Nature: Lonely
By now, I am surely past a thousand slugma. I have discovered that I don't mind egg-hatching, it just feels really tedious. I also get my hopes up at every egg that hatches. So far this is my longest hunt (only two weeks) but I can't really complain to much after my previous luck. Who knows? Perhaps it'll shine tonight
Congrats on the oddish, smeargle, articuno and magneton as well as any others I might have missed! Perhaps I will try watching this chugaaconroy, maybe he is lucky...
Old March 13th, 2012 (04:03 PM).
Wesker Hater

Nature: Serious
Hey guys! Sorry for the lack of activity.

I am currently hunting for shroomish in emerald and i have written down the encounters and i have gotten up to 8,621 shroomish and im not giving up like i gave up on voltorb.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links