The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 27th, 2012, 10:34 AM
Giraffe
キリンリキ

Yikes, I left for a bit; D:
But I'm back! n______n;;

I'm currently trying to hatch a shiny Ponyta via the Masuda Method~
I'll let you guys know how it goes!
Old March 27th, 2012, 11:58 AM
DarkBreloom
Wesker Hater

Nature: Serious
While searching for shroomish I found a Shiny silcoon and I Promptly left to go get my camera. When I came back to my D.S. I found my brother playing Mario Kart With Pokemon Emerald on the table.

Ugh!!!!

Do pokemon you catch in a ROM count as a shiny?

Last edited by DarkBreloom; March 27th, 2012 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Typo
Old March 27th, 2012, 12:36 PM
xShadow46
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Quiet
Right now im on the hunt for a Shiny Squirtle, im going to SR on Fire Red for it.

Old March 27th, 2012, 01:26 PM
Keruso

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkBreloom View Post
While searching for shroomish I found a Shiny silcoon and I Promptly left to go get my camera. When I came back to my D.S. I found my brother playing Mario Kart With Pokemon Emerald on the table.

Ugh!!!!

this is exactly why i have a camera on hand nearby: My phone, with a Photobucket app. then again, i am 26 and the youngest in my family....

and technically, yes, they do count

Quote:
Welcome to the club! Despite what Keruso says, I did hunt Articuno as an early hunt, and after you've seen enough of the pokemon it imprints itself into my mind, and I had no trouble spotting my shiny Articuno. However, of course, Keruso's the man! I hope you find your shiny, whatever it is, quickly!
you know, TSE, i've only been hunting for about two and a half years, and most of this is just common sense that EVERYONE should know.

my hunt for this week is in White. i havent hunted here in a long while, so my hunt shall continue. Im hunting in White Forest, which has Hoppip, Seedot and Nidoran Female
Old March 27th, 2012, 05:14 PM
xShadow46
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Quiet
Now I am attempting to hatch a shiny Axew on White. I have one full box of eggs to hatch. I have a feeling this is gonna be awhile.

Old March 27th, 2012, 05:43 PM
Keruso

wow....................................wow...............

this...............

this makes up for the horror i call today..............

let me tell you this story..............

I wake up at the right time this morning, but didnt have the right energy to get my butt moving for school, so i was late for my first class (thank God the teacher doesnt care if your on time). went home after my second class, got online and started encountering for a bit til i had to leave to go over to my old house to do some yard work and wait for some guy to check out the bathroom in the basement. well, as i was waiting, i had brought Leafgreen with me, but nothing showed. the guy showed, i showed him the room, he left. i heft my lawnmower into my trunk and go to start the car...............which doesnt start, because the battery died on me. called for a jump, got home to drop off the mower and went to buy a new battery. then went to bowling an hour later, with Leafgreen in tow, as usual, and all my scores, well, suck today. Charmander didnt shine either. so i come home, buy milk, get the trash out and sit down to continue encountering. not a half hour after i sit down, Seedot decides to show its true colors!!! March Madness finally came around for me!!!!

well then. White is still my hunting game for the week, ill have to find out where im hunting next

Edit: i decided to pick up a hunt that i never got around to do that ive been wanting to do. Im now in Wellspring Cave. both Pokemon in here i would love to have, so i am now hunting here

Last edited by Keruso; March 27th, 2012 at 06:01 PM.
Old March 27th, 2012, 10:51 PM
G-Money
Polychromatic Iridescence

Nature: Jolly
Standard post:

Hey SHC! Congrats on all those shinies, everyone! Here's a little update on my progress:

3279 Eevee (Primary Hunt)
419 Spiritomb (Secondary Hunt)

Good luck, everyone!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And now, for a G-Money masterpiece:

*cue rolling of eyes and groaning throughout the crowd*

Spoiler:
Howdy, SHC!!

Gosh, 18 days since my last post? 3 new pages? "lol" that's got to be a new record for longest I can go without posting, haha!

I've still been hunting and popping into the IRC from time to time (which you can conveniently find here), but I haven't had all that much to update. Here are my current hunts:

Eevee - 3279 (Primary Hunt)
Spiritomb - 419 (Secondary Hunt)
Snivy - 500 (Tertiary Hunt)
Tepig - 41 (Primary subsidiary of the Tertiary Hunt)
Oshawott - 43 (Secondary subsidiary of the Tertiary Hunt)
Icefall Cave - 10495 (Quaternary Hunt)
Chimchar - 150 (Quinary Hunt)
Dratini - 432 (Senary Hunt, although it possesses potential to rise in the distant future)
Palkia - 5702 (On hold; affectionately dubbed "Hunt Zero")
Manaphy/Turtwig - 17 (Septanary Hunt)
Nincada/Zigzagoon/Taillow/Whismur/Skitty - 500 (Octonary Hunt)
Route 216 - 301 (Nonary Hunt)
Johto starters - 0 since Totodile (Denary Hunt, although it possesses potential for a meteoric rise depending upon whenever I decide to stop being too lazy to trade Totodile to another game and restart to start looking for more starters)

I AM PROUD TO ANNOUNCE A NEW CONTEST!! STARTING APRIL 1ST, THE SHC WILL HOST ITS FIRST CHAINING CONTEST: A COMPETITION TO DETERMINE WHO IS THE GREATEST CHAINER OF THE SHC!

The competition will last from April 1st, 2012, until May 1st, 2012. All SHC members are eligible to enter. Chaining must take place on Diamond, Pearl, or Platinum. No ROMs or external devices are allowed.

There will be two concurrent challenges:
  1. Obtain the most shinies from a single chain!
  2. Obtain the highest chain!

There thus be two victors, unless one champion is worthy enough of being crowned with titles, in which case the astonishing feat shall be rewarded with permission to declare oneself "Greatest Chainer of the SHC" and display such glory in their usertitle under their name.

To prove your conquests of glory, you must post a picture of the shinies you got from the chain as well as the bottom screen of the DS which shows your highest chain. If your highest chain during the month is lower than your third-highest chain of all time, that's fine; just post explaining that and say what your highest chain of the month was.

Good luck and have fun!

A huge thanks to Chr. Draco for suggesting the competition!! If anyone has any ideas or suggestions for the club, feel free to post them for discussion or PM one of the owners or co-owners and we will be more than willing to discuss implementing new features or contests to the club!

And now, ladies and gentlemen, we would like to introduce a new segment to the program. This portion of the show will be called "Keruso's Kaptures!" and will detail the weekly captures of one of the most prolific shiny-finders of all time. This will be spoilered-inside-a-spoiler, as its length is far too long for even the most avid readers of singularly-spoiled G-Money text might lack the endurance necessary to truly comprehend the vastness of Keruso's Kaptures.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keruso View Post

sweetness. a Pokemon i dont have as of yet. I was hoping for a Magnemite to use on a future team, but who cares!!! (yes i complained about Venomoth, but that's only because i wanted Abra at the time.) which also means that i won the race with ShinySeacher. I was also chatting with SS and TheShinyEeevee in that IRC when it showed. I believe i was going to try for Zapdos next, but ill leave that for another day. Now im going for Tentacool. second pic, as always:

congrats to all other shinies
Congrats!

Quote:

im soooo happy about this. after a long day at work today (4am-12:30pm) i had gotten home and did a few things before i sat down to start encountering. I was talking in the chat with SS, Runa and flubb in the chat room when it decided to show up. i was really hoping that Zubat didnt show up, and was kinda hoping that Geodude would, even though i already have two chained ones and a RE Graveler. I really wanted a Onix or Gible, but i dont care right now!! second pic, as always:

not really sure where im going next in Platinum. ill figure it out soon

Edit: Polarix came into the chat a few minutes later, and while i was looking at random.org, s/he gave me a challenge to hunt wherever a Buizel is, so i decided on Route 213. some excellent Pokes here!!
Congrats!

Quote:

HOLY. FREAKING. HELL!!!!!!! (trying to curb my swearing here, you'll find out in a sec) MARCH MADNESS HAS FINALLY DESCENDED UPON ME!!! SO MUCH SO I CAN BARELY TYPE!!!!!

ahem......................

ok, now that i calmed down a little, i can tell you my story. So, as ive told most of you, mainly in the chat, that i usually change where i hunt every week. so this week, im in Eterna Forest in Pearl, hunting in my BulkDS with Ruby inserted so i can also see Seedot. Well, today, i got home from College, or Uni as most people call it, sat down for a bit and started encountering and watching TV/Youtube. well, i stopped for a bit to go out and do some yardwork (80 degrees on march 22nd. where the heck is the snow?) for about 3 hours, went and paid for some new contacts, then came home and rested and relaxed, continuing hunting while watching Youtube Vids. well, my BulkDS finally died on me, with no shiny to be seen, so i figured, "meh why not hunt in SS for a while before i got to bed in about an hour" figuring i'll see fails until i decide to turn off my game. While i was watching a Nerd Alert Song Parody of Rebecca Black's "Friday", link for those who wanna watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotat...&v=jzq2O54LLIw, this dude decided to appear!!! So, yes, that means that in about an hour, i found a shiny! I now have the Venonat line without even trying!!! Yes, i still want my friggen Abra, but now ill do it in FireRed's GameCorner. Second Pic, as always:

im not sure where to go next, but i do still have x5 Kabuto and the Enigma Stone Lati to reset for, so i may do them, OR i may go somewhere else to RE. as of yet, i am not sure

Edit: the decision is made. i will be heading to Route 11 in Kanto, as i have none (baring the evolutions of Rattata and Magnemite) of the Pokes that are here
Congrats!

Quote:

hello there, my naughty pink bunny!!! (yeah, that was a bad joke)

..................i really dont know what to say here now, i usually have a story to tell, but this time there's no story. Started encountering this morning, went to work, came home, sat down and continued encountering.

my next hunt on this game is Regigigas, since i have my three Regi's on this game.
Congrats!

Well, there you have it. Only four installments for this week's episode, but I'm sure by my next post he'll have at least four more. Stay tuned!

And now for the welcomes, where we greet the newest shiny hunters rising to the challenge:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christianzeo View Post
hey everybody, im new! my shinies (in all games) are starly (now a staraptor) a marill that got away, a torchic i didn't know was shiny till my brother told me about them, a shiny rayquaza and victini i SR'd for, shiny pidgey, caterpie, ekans, and soft resetting for shiny kyogre and groudon in emerald, and looking for shiny slakoth in emerald :shiny:
Welcome to the club!

Quote:
Originally Posted by damion View Post
new member?
Hi remember when i discovered my first shiny in G/S i thought it was some kind of glitch i havnt found many. to be honest i forget how to hunt for them i m looking for a pikachu shiny and a haxorus shiny, i would love to join
Welcome! We hope you have fun here at the SHC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowblaze740 View Post
Someone message meee lets shiny hunt together on certain targets and race :3 sorry if this is now how i am supposed to go about this but thanks
Welcome to the club! You can hunt for whatever you want and post about your progress here, but if you want to race someone, you can post that here too! Just throw out the names of some Pokemon you'd like to hunt and I'm sure someone would be interested in racing you. :cer_wink:

We also have the March Quest going on, which is a search to find two green shinies. You have four days to find two green shinies, so get going!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodieDoodie View Post
I'm up for hunting for shinies! I did encounter a shiny golbat once, but was completely stumped by it and why it was a different colour x) Therefore I didn't catch it!

I'll probably start by looking for a shiny Pikachu or something.
Aw, sorry to hear about the Golbat. Welcome to the club and hopefully you'll find many, many more to make up for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xShadow46 View Post
Hey, can I join the Shiny Hunters Club? I would really like to start a full expedition just for shinies. I currently don't have any, but i would like to be in this club. Right now I am about to hunt for a shiny Growlithe on FireRed.
Sure, welcome to the club! Good luck on getting Growlithe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toshiro. View Post
Hey guys! Can I join? Been really interested in shinys lately.

I dont have many... only a shiny Marill in Sapphire and shiny Umbreon in Platinum.

Today I started trying out the masuda method, trying to hatch a shiny Snorunt. So far hatched about 30 eggs. Hoping he hatches soon!
Welcome to the club! Congrats on getting Marill and Umbreon, and good luck with your Snorunt quest! Shiny Froslass is so awesome...but so is Glalie! You'll have quite a decision to make once you get your shiny, "lol."

And now for the section where we welcome back returning members and use excessive amounts of exclamation points to make them feel welcome once again:

Welcome back, Fufu! To quote ShinySearcher01,

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinySearcher01 View Post
Spoiler:
!!!!!!!!!!!!:cer_boogie:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cer_boogie:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cer_boogie:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cer_boogie:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cer_boogie:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cer_boogie:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cer_boogie:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cer_boogie:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU'RE ALIVE!! REJOICE!!
Welcome back, Runa! To quote SS01,

Quote:
Spoiler:
!!!!!!!!!!!!:cer_boogie:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cer_boogie:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cer_boogie:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cer_boogie:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cer_boogie:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cer_boogie:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cer_boogie:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cer_boogie:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU'RE ALIVE!! REJOICE!!
Welcome back, NightofRemorse! To quote SS01,

Quote:
Spoiler:

YOU'RE ALIVE!! REJOICE!!
Welcome back, Giraffe! To quote SS01,

Quote:
Spoiler:

YOU'RE ALIVE!! REJOICE!!
Welcome back, DDD! To quote SS01,

Quote:
Spoiler:

YOU'RE ALIVE!! REJOICE!!
!!

Now for the Spectacular Shiny Spactating, where we "Ooo!" and "Ah!" at the beautiful shinies that SHC members have managed to capture:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinyEevee View Post
ANOTHER SHINY!
ARTICUNO!!!
Pinch me...
Congrats!!!! *pinches TSE*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonTsuba View Post
I have my Heatran!
Congrats! Heatran is an awesome shiny, and you certainly worked hard to get it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christianzeo View Post
And i caught a shiny Mewtwo in FireRed today! :D
Awesome! Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolurkIsDaBomb View Post
A (shiny) wild machop appeared!!!!!!
Woo! Congrats, GolurkIsDaBomb!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arceus Whisper View Post
OMG OMG OMG.... SHINY CHARMANDER AFTER 2035 EGGS
Congrats! Nice job making progress on the quest, and you get a shiny Charizard to boot! He's definitely in my top 5 greatest shinies ever...a black dragon with a tail of fire flying through the sky and being all awesome? Heck yeah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landorus View Post
a Shiny Exeggcute appeared.
Congrats!! Safari Zone shinies are terrifying - finding one is a huge scare! Nice job on catching it; now you can forever relate the tale of your glorious quest to obtain the mythical shiny-o'-the-Zone! :cer_laugh:

Now for the Spectacular Non-Shiny Spactating, where we "Ooo!" and "Ah!" at the things that aren't shinies but are still worthy of congratulatory remarks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latios Master View Post
Post no. 2,000!
Congrats!

And last but certainly not least (alright, maybe this one is the least), I hereby present to you the Miscellaneous & Spontaneous Remarks on Modern Shiny Occurrences! ... :

Quote:
I don't like Quilava's Glaciation.. Route 167+ is the best!
Oh no you didn't! You did not just say that!!!!!!!! *gets into theme fight and disappears in a cloud of swirling brawling with only punches visible outside the cloud, before realizing several minutes later that SS01 is standing outside of the cloud and G-Money has been fighting himself*

Quote:
Hey guys! Sorry for the lack of activity.

I am currently hunting for shroomish in emerald and i have written down the encounters and i have gotten up to 8,621 shroomish and im not giving up like i gave up on voltorb.
Wow, that's a lot of encounters! Good luck getting it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runasutaru View Post
Quilava's Glaciation, represent!
*High-fives*
*High-fives*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonTsuba View Post
7777 Soft resets for Heatran but still no luck! Definitely prefer Masuda Method.
Haha, awesome number!

Quote:
Yup, that's annoying alright. I'm not sure what's worse, that or the DPP journal.
Caught a male Bidoof. :cer_giggle:
The journal only shows up once every other day, so it's not all that bad. As long as you take 10 seconds to save, it shouldn't take up more than 150 seconds per month. Less than 3 minutes! And that's about half an hour per year, assuming you shiny hunt every single day!!

Quote:
I think, I think...
Awesome shiny pics! Also, go for Nincada!! It's a two-for-one deal while supplies last, so order now!! (As a bonus, Shedinja just happens to be one of the coolest Pokemon of all time!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Demoonica Darkmoon View Post
In truth, I spend more time writing fanfiction that I do playing games. I guess that could be considered 'working' on a skill? I am writing original works too.
Haha, you're still working on something! Every line you write develops you into a better writer, just as every non-shiny encounter we have...develops us into better shiny hunters! More experience helps manifest lifelong skills such as patience and endurance that are vital to fostering values with tangible effects...[/recruitment program]

Quote:
Overseeing the mass production of Nincada, currently!
Mass producing them!? How could you!!? You horrible, horrible person!! Those cute and cuddly Nincada offer you a once-in-a-lifetime deal to give you two shinies for the price of one, and you start forcing them to breed against their wills in factories!? Tsk tsk, Runa!

Quote:
The chance of a Shiny escalates with each added number on the scale, getting to 1/64 when 40 is hit.
Hmm, I'm not sure about that number. From what I've heard, chaining increases the odds by 1/200 with each successive number, so a chain of zero would be 1/8192, a chain of one would be 1/7912, and so on until a chain of forty would be 1/192. I think I've also heard people say it maxes out at 1/200, but I'm not sure if that was an approximation of the 1/192 number or if the logic doesn't follow all the way through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladimir Makarov View Post
I lost all my shinies
That's terrible!!! I really hope you can reclaim all of them soon.

I know there's nothing I can do to help you get your shinies back, but if you ever need some moral support...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladimir Makarov View Post
Wish me luck
Good luck! :cer_laugh:

Quote:

Ugh!!!!

I'm sorry to hear about your lost Shroomish.

No, the club does not support ROMs or any external devices. However, if you want to hunt on ROMs and report your progress/findings in the thread, you are free to do so. ROMs aren't counted for official competitions, though.

Quote:
Congrats on Exeggcute (Spelling?!)
You do realize that the penalty for misspelling Exeggcute is...*puts on sunglasses*...Exeggcution!! *is attacked by an angry mob*

EDIT: My gosh, I can't even get through making a post without Keruso getting another shiny! "lol" congrats (again!)! Sorry about your day though, but at least you got another shiny! Are you wearing a shiny magnet or something? I didn't even have enough time to finish making this week's Keruso's Kaptures before you go out and get another one, "lol!"

Path of the Dragon: 2/7
Path of the Ghost: 7/18
Path of the Starter: 5/18

Last edited by G-Money; March 28th, 2012 at 07:10 AM.
Old March 28th, 2012, 03:52 AM
SS01
#PoC Collab

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SS01

I <3 Century Gothic :D

Quote:
Seedot decides to show its true colors!!!
*sigh* Keruso, I think you're stealing all my shinies. Congrats anyway..

Quote:
Now I am attempting to hatch a shiny Axew on White. I have one full box of eggs to hatch. I have a feeling this is gonna be awhile.
Good luck!

Quote:
Woof... Woof....? I will xD
YAY *gives treat*

Oh gosh, how am I going to quote the following without giving myself a headache..
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Money View Post
Hey, try serving those up more often, kay?

Quote:
Well, there you have it. Only four installments for this week's episode, but I'm sure by my next post he'll have at least four more.
G, at your current pace, every member in the club will have four more before your next post. :cer_wink:

Quote:
Oh no you didn't! You did not just say that!!!!!!!! *gets into theme fight and disappears in a cloud of swirling brawling with only punches visible outside the cloud, before realizing several minutes later that SS01 is standing outside of the cloud and G-Money has been fighting himself*
And I'm still watching you..

Okay, now I've gotta update my hunts..
114 Giratina. (Primary hunt)
3100 Pikachu. (Secondary but nearly as important as primary hunt)

Good luck!
Old March 28th, 2012, 07:35 AM
Keruso

wow! Three shinies in three days! My luck has improved!!

there is no story here. i started this last night right after i got Seedot. Woke up this morning at 9:30 and got this 3 three minutes ago!!

my next hunt, still in this game, will be an avenging mission. I wanted a Venipede to use during the game, but it never showed up for me. So im going back to the Forest in this game. I just hope i dont get a third Petilil. If i get a Pidove, that would also be an avenging mission
Old March 28th, 2012, 08:27 AM
miloticfan54
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to miloticfan54
Umm... I'm new here, but I'd like to join... I'm more of a mediocre shiny hunter as I only use MM as my option... And I've recently got back into another hunt. Currently hunting for Litwick at 563 eggs so far...
Old March 28th, 2012, 04:27 PM
Lady Demoonica Darkmoon
Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner

Nature: Adamant
*wanders in*

Welcome to new members. Congratulations to all new shiny catches.

I'm still hatching for shiny Slugma when I can, not been hunting last few days on the other game.

Demoonica's Fan Fiction
Co-Owner of the Shiny Hunters Club
Old March 28th, 2012, 05:55 PM
GolurkIsDaBomb
Strawberry Sunrise, no ice.

Nature: Lonely
Wow, congrats on the seedot and the roggenrolla keruso! (also congrats to any others I've missed? And welcome new members!)

Still hunting, been busy these past couple of days so its been more on and off...

Slugma: Still hatchin' - 2,000ish?

Route 114 or whatever the route seviper is on: 3,500ish REs?

Outside Dragonspiral: 100ish REs?

Tangela: About the same as last time, maybe 1,000 or 1,500?

@LDD Wanna race? I'm hatching slugma, you're hatching slugma... let's have a orange/hopefully silver slug party!? I need motivation... :/

Also, I've been thinking about trying to hatch me a croagunk. Its so blueee!

Good Luck etc. Keep Hunting!
Old March 28th, 2012, 06:58 PM
Keruso

alright, here i thought that today was good enough that i got Roggenrola, but VENIPEDE HOURS LATER!!!!!!!

I assure you guys, i cheat in no way. these are all legit captures. i even had Critical Captures for Seedot AND Roggenrola.

well then, should i push my luck for Pidove? probably not, dont want to get a 5th Patrat. I think i'll try for Sandile next at the Desert Resort (where Darumaka, Maractus, Scraggy and Dwebble dwell).

and here i thought my SoulSilver was lucky
Old March 28th, 2012, 07:37 PM
CarefulWetPaint
I burn. Come at me, you'll see
Community Supporter Tier 5

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to CarefulWetPaint
Keruso i seriously hate you.
Goodwork on all that luck stealing!!
Congrats..

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old March 29th, 2012, 07:45 AM
DarkBreloom
Wesker Hater

Congratz Keruso........ *unsheaths hidden blade*

I Stayed up all night Looking for Shroomish and had no luck.......
I get up this morning and get a call from my friend.......
She got a Shiny Shroomish.......
Am I cursed?!
Old March 29th, 2012, 08:58 AM
TheShinyEevee
ShinyHunter Before it was Cool

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to TheShinyEevee
My post is so long that I got halfway down the page after selceting multiquote on all the posts that I just decided to quote them all. Have fun reading it...!

Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giraffe View Post
Yikes, I left for a bit; D:
But I'm back! n______n;;

I'm currently trying to hatch a shiny Ponyta via the Masuda Method~
I'll let you guys know how it goes!
Welcome back! Good luck *A.K.A. cut infront of Keruso at the desk...*

Quote:

Ugh!!!!

I'm very sorry to hear about it ): Sisters and brothers, eh? I hope Shroomish returns very soon.

Quote:
Right now im on the hunt for a Shiny Squirtle, im going to SR on Fire Red for it.
Good luck!

Quote:

you know, TSE, i've only been hunting for about two and a half years, and most of this is just common sense that EVERYONE should know.
*Cough, cough* ONLY?!

Well, I'm blonde, and either that's the cause for my lack of common sense or being bashed in the head by a tree is. Either way, I have none!!

Quote:
Good luck again!

Quote:

wow....................................wow...............

this...............

this makes up for the horror i call today..............

let me tell you this story..............

I wake up at the right time this morning, but didnt have the right energy to get my butt moving for school, so i was late for my first class (thank God the teacher doesnt care if your on time). went home after my second class, got online and started encountering for a bit til i had to leave to go over to my old house to do some yard work and wait for some guy to check out the bathroom in the basement. well, as i was waiting, i had brought Leafgreen with me, but nothing showed. the guy showed, i showed him the room, he left. i heft my lawnmower into my trunk and go to start the car...............which doesnt start, because the battery died on me. called for a jump, got home to drop off the mower and went to buy a new battery. then went to bowling an hour later, with Leafgreen in tow, as usual, and all my scores, well, suck today. Charmander didnt shine either. so i come home, buy milk, get the trash out and sit down to continue encountering. not a half hour after i sit down, Seedot decides to show its true colors!!! March Madness finally came around for me!!!!

well then. White is still my hunting game for the week, ill have to find out where im hunting next

Edit: i decided to pick up a hunt that i never got around to do that ive been wanting to do. Im now in Wellspring Cave. both Pokemon in here i would love to have, so i am now hunting here
Congratulations! You have amazing luck stealing skills luck...

Quote:
Standard post:

Hey SHC! Congrats on all those shinies, everyone! Here's a little update on my progress:

3279 Eevee (Primary Hunt)
419 Spiritomb (Secondary Hunt)

Good luck, everyone!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*cue rolling of eyes and groaning throughout the crowd*

Spoiler:
Howdy, SHC!!

Gosh, 18 days since my last post? 3 new pages? "lol" that's got to be a new record for longest I can go without posting, haha!

I've still been hunting and popping into the IRC from time to time (which you can conveniently find here), but I haven't had all that much to update. Here are my current hunts:

Eevee - 3279 (Primary Hunt)
Spiritomb - 419 (Secondary Hunt)
Snivy - 500 (Tertiary Hunt)
Tepig - 41 (Primary subsidiary of the Tertiary Hunt)
Oshawott - 43 (Secondary subsidiary of the Tertiary Hunt)
Icefall Cave - 10495 (Quaternary Hunt)
Chimchar - 150 (Quinary Hunt)
Dratini - 432 (Senary Hunt, although it possesses potential to rise in the distant future)
Palkia - 5702 (On hold; affectionately dubbed "Hunt Zero")
Manaphy/Turtwig - 17 (Septanary Hunt)
Nincada/Zigzagoon/Taillow/Whismur/Skitty - 500 (Octonary Hunt)
Route 216 - 301 (Nonary Hunt)
Johto starters - 0 since Totodile (Denary Hunt, although it possesses potential for a meteoric rise depending upon whenever I decide to stop being too lazy to trade Totodile to another game and restart to start looking for more starters)

I AM PROUD TO ANNOUNCE A NEW CONTEST!! STARTING APRIL 1ST, THE SHC WILL HOST ITS FIRST CHAINING CONTEST: A COMPETITION TO DETERMINE WHO IS THE GREATEST CHAINER OF THE SHC!

The competition will last from April 1st, 2012, until May 1st, 2012. All SHC members are eligible to enter. Chaining must take place on Diamond, Pearl, or Platinum. No ROMs or external devices are allowed.

There will be two concurrent challenges:

1. Obtain the most shinies from a single chain!
  2. Obtain the highest chain!

There thus be two victors, unless one champion is worthy enough of being crowned with titles, in which case the astonishing feat shall be rewarded with permission to declare oneself "Greatest Chainer of the SHC" and display such glory in their usertitle under their name.

To prove your conquests of glory, you must post a picture of the shinies you got from the chain as well as the bottom screen of the DS which shows your highest chain. If your highest chain during the month is lower than your third-highest chain of all time, that's fine; just post explaining that and say what your highest chain of the month was.

Good luck and have fun!

A huge thanks to Chr. Draco for suggesting the competition!! If anyone has any ideas or suggestions for the club, feel free to post them for discussion or PM one of the owners or co-owners and we will be more than willing to discuss implementing new features or contests to the club!

And now, ladies and gentlemen, we would like to introduce a new segment to the program. This portion of the show will be called "Keruso's Kaptures!" and will detail the weekly captures of one of the most prolific shiny-finders of all time. This will be spoilered-inside-a-spoiler, as its length is far too long for even the most avid readers of singularly-spoiled G-Money text might lack the endurance necessary to truly comprehend the vastness of Keruso's Kaptures.

Spoiler:

Congrats!

Congrats!

Congrats!

Congrats!

Well, there you have it. Only four installments for this week's episode, but I'm sure by my next post he'll have at least four more. Stay tuned!

And now for the welcomes, where we greet the newest shiny hunters rising to the challenge:

Welcome to the club!

Welcome! We hope you have fun here at the SHC!

Welcome to the club! You can hunt for whatever you want and post about your progress here, but if you want to race someone, you can post that here too! Just throw out the names of some Pokemon you'd like to hunt and I'm sure someone would be interested in racing you. :cer_wink:

We also have the March Quest going on, which is a search to find two green shinies. You have four days to find two green shinies, so get going!

Aw, sorry to hear about the Golbat. Welcome to the club and hopefully you'll find many, many more to make up for it!

Sure, welcome to the club! Good luck on getting Growlithe!

Welcome to the club! Congrats on getting Marill and Umbreon, and good luck with your Snorunt quest! Shiny Froslass is so awesome...but so is Glalie! You'll have quite a decision to make once you get your shiny, "lol."

And now for the section where we welcome back returning members and use excessive amounts of exclamation points to make them feel welcome once again:

Welcome back, Fufu! To quote ShinySearcher01,

Welcome back, Runa! To quote SS01,

Welcome back, NightofRemorse! To quote SS01,

Welcome back, Giraffe! To quote SS01,

Welcome back, DDD! To quote SS01,

!!

Now for the Spectacular Shiny Spactating, where we "Ooo!" and "Ah!" at the beautiful shinies that SHC members have managed to capture:

Congrats!!!! *pinches TSE*

Congrats! Heatran is an awesome shiny, and you certainly worked hard to get it!

Awesome! Congrats!

Woo! Congrats, GolurkIsDaBomb!

Congrats! Nice job making progress on the quest, and you get a shiny Charizard to boot! He's definitely in my top 5 greatest shinies ever...a black dragon with a tail of fire flying through the sky and being all awesome? Heck yeah!

Congrats!! Safari Zone shinies are terrifying - finding one is a huge scare! Nice job on catching it; now you can forever relate the tale of your glorious quest to obtain the mythical shiny-o'-the-Zone! :cer_laugh:

Now for the Spectacular Non-Shiny Spactating, where we "Ooo!" and "Ah!" at the things that aren't shinies but are still worthy of congratulatory remarks:

Congrats!

And last but certainly not least (alright, maybe this one is the least), I hereby present to you the Miscellaneous & Spontaneous Remarks on Modern Shiny Occurrences! ... :

Wow, that's a lot of encounters! Good luck getting it!

*High-fives*

Haha, awesome number!

The journal only shows up once every other day, so it's not all that bad. As long as you take 10 seconds to save, it shouldn't take up more than 150 seconds per month. Less than 3 minutes! And that's about half an hour per year, assuming you shiny hunt every single day!!

Awesome shiny pics! Also, go for Nincada!! It's a two-for-one deal while supplies last, so order now!! (As a bonus, Shedinja just happens to be one of the coolest Pokemon of all time!)

Haha, you're still working on something! Every line you write develops you into a better writer, just as every non-shiny encounter we have...develops us into better shiny hunters! More experience helps manifest lifelong skills such as patience and endurance that are vital to fostering values with tangible effects...[/recruitment program]

Mass producing them!? How could you!!? You horrible, horrible person!! Those cute and cuddly Nincada offer you a once-in-a-lifetime deal to give you two shinies for the price of one, and you start forcing them to breed against their wills in factories!? Tsk tsk, Runa!

Hmm, I'm not sure about that number. From what I've heard, chaining increases the odds by 1/200 with each successive number, so a chain of zero would be 1/8192, a chain of one would be 1/7912, and so on until a chain of forty would be 1/192. I think I've also heard people say it maxes out at 1/200, but I'm not sure if that was an approximation of the 1/192 number or if the logic doesn't follow all the way through.

That's terrible!!! I really hope you can reclaim all of them soon.

I know there's nothing I can do to help you get your shinies back, but if you ever need some moral support...

Good luck! :cer_laugh:

I'm sorry to hear about your lost Shroomish.

No, the club does not support ROMs or any external devices. However, if you want to hunt on ROMs and report your progress/findings in the thread, you are free to do so. ROMs aren't counted for official competitions, though.

You do realize that the penalty for misspelling Exeggcute is...*puts on sunglasses*...Exeggcution!! *is attacked by an angry mob*

EDIT: My gosh, I can't even get through making a post without Keruso getting another shiny! "lol" congrats (again!)! Sorry about your day though, but at least you got another shiny! Are you wearing a shiny magnet or something? I didn't even have enough time to finish making this week's Keruso's Kaptures before you go out and get another one, "lol!"
Oh, G.
Ooh, G.
Ooooooooooooooooooh, G.
Thank you for that summary! If you do those more often maybe I'll have an easier read or less time.
But, that was truly wonderful! Hahah! My Shiny Articuno got an ooh/aah too!

Quote:
I <3 Century Gothic :D
ME TOO!

*sigh* Keruso, I think you're stealing all my shinies. Congrats anyway..
ME TOO!

Good luck!

YAY *gives treat*
WOOF!
Oh gosh, how am I going to quote the following without giving myself a headache..
Impossible....
Hey, try serving those up more often, kay?

G, at your current pace, every member in the club will have four more before your next post. :cer_wink:
Keruso defintely will...

And I'm still watching you..

Okay, now I've gotta update my hunts..
114 Giratina. (Primary hunt)
3100 Pikachu. (Secondary but nearly as important as primary hunt)
LUCK GOOD WOOF!

Good luck!
Quote:

wow! Three shinies in three days! My luck has improved!!

there is no story here. i started this last night right after i got Seedot. Woke up this morning at 9:30 and got this 3 three minutes ago!!

my next hunt, still in this game, will be an avenging mission. I wanted a Venipede to use during the game, but it never showed up for me. So im going back to the Forest in this game. I just hope i dont get a third Petilil. If i get a Pidove, that would also be an avenging mission
*Murmurs something jealously* Congratulations! I officially am renaming you Paelen. After a very nice mythical greek boy a.k.a. Ex theif.
Grrr.
:D

Quote:
Originally Posted by miloticfan54 View Post
Umm... I'm new here, but I'd like to join... I'm more of a mediocre shiny hunter as I only use MM as my option... And I've recently got back into another hunt. Currently hunting for Litwick at 563 eggs so far...
Welcome! Good luck with the Litwick! :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Demoonica Darkmoon View Post
*wanders in*

Welcome to new members. Congratulations to all new shiny catches.

I'm still hatching for shiny Slugma when I can, not been hunting last few days on the other game.
Good luck still!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolurkIsDaBomb View Post
Wow, congrats on the seedot and the roggenrolla keruso! (also congrats to any others I've missed? And welcome new members!)

Still hunting, been busy these past couple of days so its been more on and off...

Slugma: Still hatchin' - 2,000ish?

Route 114 or whatever the route seviper is on: 3,500ish REs?

Outside Dragonspiral: 100ish REs?

Tangela: About the same as last time, maybe 1,000 or 1,500?

@LDD Wanna race? I'm hatching slugma, you're hatching slugma... let's have a orange/hopefully silver slug party!? I need motivation... :/

Also, I've been thinking about trying to hatch me a croagunk. Its so blueee!

Good Luck etc. Keep Hunting!
Good luck to you too! I will

Quote:

alright, here i thought that today was good enough that i got Roggenrola, but VENIPEDE HOURS LATER!!!!!!!

I assure you guys, i cheat in no way. these are all legit captures. i even had Critical Captures for Seedot AND Roggenrola.

well then, should i push my luck for Pidove? probably not, dont want to get a 5th Patrat. I think i'll try for Sandile next at the Desert Resort (where Darumaka, Maractus, Scraggy and Dwebble dwell).

and here i thought my SoulSilver was lucky
Ahem.
Gratz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarefulWetPaint View Post
Keruso i seriously hate you.
Goodwork on all that luck stealing!!
Congrats..
You betcha...

Quote:

Am I cursed?!
): Congrats to her.
You're either cursed, or the Shiny Hunting Gods are trying to tell you to keep hope and keep hunting!!!

3DS FC: 1032-1814-9041
уσυтυвє | ѕнιηу нυηтєя'ѕ ¢υв | тυмвя

Keep your head up...
Keep your heart strong.
Old March 29th, 2012, 09:07 AM
miloticfan54
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to miloticfan54
Quote:

Am I cursed?!
Ouch! Rubbing salt on a wound... But don't give up! I've been at Day 5 so far for Litwick (with minimal sleep time) and about 950 and above eggs (lost count)... Oh well, hunts just keep getting longer and longer to me... Good luck, I guess it's just normal...
Old March 29th, 2012, 11:16 AM
DarkBreloom
Wesker Hater

Ok I'm happy now.......

I dont even care about the nature at this point!

Got The Shroomish!!

After 11'476 Encounters!!!!!

And how do you do spoiler tags?
Attached Images
File Type: png shroom.PNG‎ (5.5 KB, 7 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: png Finnaly!!!!.PNG‎ (5.8 KB, 11 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Last edited by DarkBreloom; March 29th, 2012 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Typo
Old March 29th, 2012, 02:28 PM
Arceus Whisper
Shiny Hunter

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Glad to see I'm not the only member of the Brotherhood here.

So I haven't hunted since I found Charmander, but I plan to hunt Ho-oh and Axew this weekend and all next week because I'm on Spring Break all next week so I expect another shiny within a week.

3DS FC: 5284-2430-5346
White FC: 4385-5365-2671
Old March 29th, 2012, 02:59 PM
DarkBreloom
Wesker Hater

Next I am Hunting for these on the following games:

Crystal:Zubat

Fire Red: Hitmonlee

Sapphire: Duskull

Emerald: Rayquaza

Diamond: Zubat
Old March 29th, 2012, 03:15 PM
Keruso

Quote:
Ok I'm happy now.......

I dont even care about the nature at this point!

Got The Shroomish!!

After 11'476 Encounters!!!!!

And how do you do spoiler tags?
well, finally, someone besides me showing off a shiny.

and no, i do not (currently) have a shiny to post

and i guess i gotta watch my back (and games) around you now.......

and apparently, im now getting flack from CarefulWetPaint. So, i will tell you all my secret........

Spoiler:
I have no secret. i have no friends either, so i just hunt all day. I usually just have my game in one hand and watch Youtube and Tv until my DS dies, then hunt on another. IT'S ALL RANDOM FRIGGEN LUCK
Old March 29th, 2012, 03:20 PM
CarefulWetPaint
I burn. Come at me, you'll see
Community Supporter Tier 5

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to CarefulWetPaint
Quote:
well, finally, someone besides me showing off a shiny.

and no, i do not (currently) have a shiny to post

and i guess i gotta watch my back (and games) around you now.......

and apparently, im now getting flack from CarefulWetPaint. So, i will tell you all my secret........

Spoiler:
I have no secret. i have no friends either, so i just hunt all day. I usually just have my game in one hand and watch Youtube and Tv until my DS dies, then hunt on another. IT'S ALL RANDOM FRIGGEN LUCK
My good man, you do realise I was joking because I am jealous of your luck with getting shinies? You've gotten more shinies this week then I've seen in my 12 years of playing. No need to be mad bro I'm sorry.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old March 29th, 2012, 03:51 PM
DarkBreloom
Wesker Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarefulWetPaint View Post
My good man, you do realise I was joking because I am jealous of your luck with getting shinies? You've gotten more shinies this week then I've seen in my 12 years of playing. No need to be mad bro I'm sorry.
Yeah me too dude. Sorry for making you feel uncomfortable...

....Just Jokes.
Old March 29th, 2012, 04:02 PM
Keruso

Quote:
Yeah me too dude. Sorry for making you feel uncomfortable...

....Just Jokes.
no, your joke i understood quite well, you werent making me uncomfortable at all.

CarefulWetPaint, while in the chat, "jokingly" accused me off cheating, thats what set me off a little bit.....
Old March 29th, 2012, 06:15 PM
DarkBreloom
Wesker Hater

Quote:
no, your joke i understood quite well, you werent making me uncomfortable at all.

CarefulWetPaint, while in the chat, "jokingly" accused me off cheating, thats what set me off a little bit.....
Ahh! I see

Well your just a beast shiny hunter

That shroomish was my first shiny since 2010
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links