Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 14th, 2012 (04:40 AM). Edited April 14th, 2012 by SS01.
SS01
#PoC Collab

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SS01
Quote originally posted by TheShinyEevee:
Yo.
Sup?

Hunts:

Giratina: 5435
Ho-oh: 8466
Treecko: 2057
Kyurem: 5313
Shiny hunting.
Good luck!
Quote originally posted by G-Money:
1331 Spiritomb.
Good luck!

Great!

Spoiler:

"lol"

It won't let me quote the quoted spoilers in your posts for some reason, but I'll do it anyways.
Yay \o/

Imagine the trailer for a movie in which Keruso and Fufu are fighting for the Indigo League Championship, but this year's battle has a twist: you must use every shiny Pokemon you've every caught!! You could probably make a whole 120-second ad of just the Pokemon coming out of their Pokeballs and having the shiny sparkles and stars from each generation! Of course, all of this would be accompanied by heavy rock music, cameras starting focused on stadium lights in the night sky and zooming out, and lots of explosions.
Sounds awesome, but it should be Keruso and you. Fufu's too inactive. lol.

*looks awkwardly at Latios Master, turns back to SS01, and tries not to bring up how Latios Master and I raced last May and he still hasn't gotten the shiny Litwick that he deserved to get on the very first egg because of a 7-year drought before that*
Latios Master just got Eevee! You haven't gotten a shiny since December D: But a 7-YEAR DROUGHT!?!?! If I got that, I'd stop hunting for good.

Normally I would assault you with an all-caps rage of red and bold letters warning you of the dangers of undergoing such a perilous quest, but this situation is actually given an exclusive exception in the Shiny Hunter's Manual. There have only been 11 days in the entire history of the SHC (0.4%) that are specified in the Manual as days you're allowed to hunt there, and you happened to pick one of them!!! I'm absolutely astounded that the day you picked to hunt there just so happens to be one of the very, very rare days it's allowed!! Perhaps the omens are aligned in your favor.
G WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH YOU

YOU PICKED FRIDAY THE 13th!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!

I wish you the very best of luck! Prophecy is with you on this day.
Yes, good luck.

That's a great idea! I'm definitely cool with the idea of changing up the Hunt of the Week every once in a while, if Latios Master wants to. *turns to Latios Master* You're more than welcome to make it something else if you want to, or if you're happy with the way they're going, you're free to keep it with the random Pokemon. Whatever works best for you.
Quote originally posted by Lady Demoonica Darkmoon:
Countless more Slugma hatched, still no shiny. Anyone know were it is I put the silver body paint?

Welcome to all new members, yes you can join us, we love the company!

Yay! for new shinyness catches. Congrats.

Yep. Sadly, I've lost 2. I 1 hit KO'd a Shiny Golbat, then was Roared away by a Shiny Lairon just a few short encounters later. Worst 30 minutes I've spent hunting. (Thankfully I have gotten even and hunted down replacements... and caught them.) That was years ago, haven't lost any others, thank goodness.
Good luck with Slugma!

Quote originally posted by PekoponTAS:
Viridian Forest LeafGreen: 2700 Encounters
Treecko Sapphire: 500 Soft Resets

Making good progress in my Viridian Forest LG hunt. 1400 of those 2700 encounters were done today. I've basically been doing this all day, and since my insomnia usually keeps me awake until 2:00AM, I've still got plenty of time left. Though I'll most certainly slow down after I've caught my first shiny since actively searching for them. Still hoping I get Shiny Weedle more than anything else in the forest. Haven't done any Treecko Soft Reseting since starting Viridian Forest.

I think once I get to the 3000 encounter mark, it's safe to say I'm well into the hunt.

If I'm THAT far into a hunt, the way my mind works is that I wouldn't give up until I found something. It's like the game is winning if I quit, and if I've spent THAT much time on it, no way would I give up and make the entire time spent looking for it a complete waste. Keep working at it. You'll find something soon enough.
Good luck! And yeah, good point. I'll keep going for a while.

Quote originally posted by Lieutenant Unstable:
I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO JOIN THIS CLUB :__:

I currently own shiny Squirtle, Charmander, Bulbasaur, and a few others (mind is totally blanking right now). I'm currently hunting Shinx because it's supposed to be easy to chain. Though right now, it's so super frustrating >_<

I've unfortunately never encountered a random shiny. The shinies I have, have all been either gifted to me by dear friends, or traded.
Welcome, and good luck with Shinx! I've never chained before actually, but Shiny is a cool shiny And yeah, it can get frustrating, keep at it though!

Hunts:
Viridian Forest: 3829
Giratina: 411

Good luck everyone!
Old April 14th, 2012 (01:39 PM). Edited April 14th, 2012 by G-Money.
G-Money
Polychromatic Iridescence

Nature: Jolly
1750 Spiritomb.

Quote originally posted by Keruso:
This would be epic. Just Imagine, I send out my 4 Patrats (PATRAT ARMY!!!), two Purrloins, Dialga, 2 Duskulls, Cyndaquil, Magneton and every other shiny i have. hell, i could battle myself with half the shinies on each team!!
"lol" there could be one where you clone yourself, your clone steals 43 of your shinies, and you need to battle him with the rest...all at the same time! :cer_laugh:

Quote originally posted by Lieutenant Unstable:
I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO JOIN THIS CLUB :__:
Welcome to the club!

Oh.
That.
A little while ago we thought we spilt some luck...
Was that silver stuff your paint?
D:
Oh no, those were LDD's luck buckets!?? I AM SO SORRY, LDD!!!! No wonder there was so much luck in those; she had been saving them up for two years!!

I wonder if luck changes to the color that you need it to be the most...

Quote originally posted by ShinySearcher01:

Fufu was driven away by evil post-deleting mods. He's actually active, but his posts get deleted before you can see them!

"lol" I don't think I would be the best person to- *looks as each one of G-Money's shinies are surrounded by 4 Keruso shinies*

Oh no, my shiny Giratina is surrounded by 4 shiny Patrat! The horror!! :o

G WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH YOU

I get that a lot.

YOU PICKED FRIDAY THE 13th!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!

NO, I DIDN'T!!!! That's the amazing thing about it!!!!! IT WAS ALREADY IN THE MANUAL!!!
1792 Spiritomb voted for George Washington. Runner-up John Adams received 77 electoral votes (also from non-shiny Spiritomb) and was named Vice President.

Path of the Dragon: 2/7
Path of the Ghost: 8/18
Path of the Starter: 10/18
Old April 14th, 2012 (03:49 PM).
LucarioGuild7

1792 Spiritomb voted for George Washington. Runner-up John Adams received 77 electoral votes (also from non-shiny Spiritomb) and was named Vice President.
... what the heck are you guys talking about i guess i missed a lot in a week
anyway heres a quick update
Ponyta: 493 REs
Guys my shiny senses are starting to go off for ponyta and also realisticaly as messed up as it is ive been camping out here for what like 2 weeks now those shinies in hiding have got to be getting hungry
Old April 14th, 2012 (06:36 PM).
Keruso

Quote:

Fufu was driven away by evil post-deleting mods. He's actually active, but his posts get deleted before you can see them!

"lol" I don't think I would be the best person to- *looks as each one of G-Money's shinies are surrounded by 4 Keruso shinies*

Oh no, my shiny Giratina is surrounded by 4 shiny Patrat! The horror!!
i dont think my Patrats would even stay in the same place if your Giratina was out. Palkia and Dialga, on the other hand......
Old April 14th, 2012 (08:29 PM).
PekoponTAS
Game Boy Advance Fan

Nature: Naive
4500 encounters in Viridian Forest in LeafGreen. Still no shiny, just plenty of times where I've been paranoid that I might have missed one, when I'm 100% sure I haven't missed one by mistake.

Hopefully I'll get one sooner than later. I'd love to get out of this dang forest and move on. It would at least be nice if I could load the cartridge with my own mp3s and have some different forest music. Some Beware the Forest's Mushrooms perhaps? How about a little bit of Stickerbrush Symphony? Maybe a more obscure Extensive Green Forest? Just SOMETHING other than "dun dun dun dun, DUN DUN DUN DUN, dun dun dun dun, DUN DUN DUN DUN"

Though I guess I COULD just play the mp3s from my computer. : P
Old April 14th, 2012 (09:39 PM).
Latios Master
11 Year PC Member

Nature: Adamant
Wow, the activity skyrocketed since I was last on here.

Welcome all new members, and congrats to all those who got new shinies!

Quote originally posted by miloticfan54:
Say, have any of you guys lost a shiny before?
I had a shiny Geodude Self-destruct on me on Silver or Crystal. I was so distraught that I restarted my game. I didn't even know shinies existed at the time.

By the way, I had an idea about something to shake up the random shiny of the week thing. Maybe every once in a while instead of just looking for a certain Pokemon, the goal is to find a certain colour shiny. So say after a few random pokemon of the week, you say "Now this week look for a green shiny!", so we'd all go try to get a shiny Marill, Huntail, chimecho, scizor, or any other green shiny. Or you know, whatever colour it is you happen to pick to look for. Doesn't have to be green of course.
That's an interesting idea.

This week's random hunt is... any shiny that is gray/silver!
Old April 15th, 2012 (10:43 AM).
SS01
#PoC Collab

Quote originally posted by Latios Master:
Wow, the activity skyrocketed since I was
last on here.
See what happens when you post more G?
4500 encounters in Viridian Forest in LeafGreen. Still no shiny, just plenty of times where I've been paranoid that I might have missed one, when I'm 100% sure I haven't missed one by mistake.

Hopefully I'll get one sooner than later. I'd love to get out of this dang forest and move on. It would at least be nice if I could load the cartridge with my own mp3s and have some different forest music. Some Beware the Forest's Mushrooms perhaps? How about a little bit of Stickerbrush Symphony? Maybe a more obscure Extensive Green Forest? Just SOMETHING other than "dun dun dun dun, DUN DUN DUN DUN, dun dun dun dun, DUN DUN DUN DUN"

Haha, that would be awesome wouldn't it!
Oh no, those were LDD's luck buckets!?? I AM SO SORRY, LDD!!!! No wonder there was so much luck in those; she had been saving them up for two years!!
I wonder what would happen if we spilled Latios Master's luck buckets? Or..
Spoiler:
The founder's? :cer_disbelief:

3839 Viridian Forest encounters.
420 Giratina.

Good luck everyone!
Old April 15th, 2012 (12:28 PM). Edited April 15th, 2012 by G-Money.
G-Money

2222 Spiritomb.
555 Snivy. I might slow down on these until Black 2 and White 2 come out to see if the SR times are faster, because I'm seriously getting nowhere with them, "lol." I can do like 3 Spiritomb in the time it takes for one Snivy, haha.

Oh, and I tried the wireless thing. I turned off the Wireless Option on my 3DS, and sure enough I don't have to scroll through the C-Gear screen anymore!! Thanks, TSE!!! I tried confirming the test by turning it back on to see if the C-Gear thing would go back, but I couldn't turn it back on, "lol." I guess that's because I don't have access to DS-compatible Wifi here. *calls out to Lv 100 Arceus trapped in the Dream World with no means of return*

Quote originally posted by LucarioGuild7:
... what the heck are you guys talking about

Guys my shiny senses are starting to go off
"lol" I was making a bad joke at how I had 1792 Spiritomb SRs at the time, and in the year 1792 George Washington won the American presidential election, with John Adams coming in second place. There was no American presidential election in 2222, partly because it only happens once every four years (being scheduled for both 2220 and 2224) and partly because the Apocalypse would've happened 210 years ago!

"lol" shiny senses!!

i dont think my Patrats would even stay in the same place if your Giratina was out. Palkia and Dialga, on the other hand......
"lol"

DUN DUN DUN DUN
"lol"

Spoiler:
*coughkickpermabanShinySearchercoughcough*

Old April 15th, 2012 (04:13 PM).
LucarioGuild7

2222 Spiritomb.
"lol" I was making a bad joke at how I had 1792 Spiritomb SRs at the time, and in the year 1792 George Washington won the American presidential election, with John Adams coming in second place. There was no American presidential election in 2222, partly because it only happens once every four years (being scheduled for both 2220 and 2224) and partly because the Apocalypse would've happened 210 years ago!

"lol" shiny senses!!
Oh ok i get it *eye roll* yeah and maybe i shouldnt say shiny senses especially when i only have one other shiny
Quick Update
Ponyta Route 206:REs 582
Old April 15th, 2012 (08:20 PM).
Latios Master
11 Year PC Member

*wonders if babies born in 2013 will have the chance to race Latios Master for Litwick someday*
Probably.

Quote:
*looks awkwardly at Latios Master, turns back to SS01, and tries not to bring up how Latios Master and I raced last May and he still hasn't gotten the shiny Litwick that he deserved to get on the very first egg because of a 7-year drought before that*
It was about an 8 or 9 month drought between Pidgey and Audino. I think my longest drought is 3 years between Silcoon and Pidgey.

I will be switching from shiny hunting to filling out my Pokédex soon. I won't be MMing much between now and when I'm going through the story on Black 2. I want to get my Pokédex filled out before the new games are released.
Old April 16th, 2012 (07:23 AM).
miloticfan54
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to miloticfan54
Probably.

It was about an 8 or 9 month drought between Pidgey and Audino. I think my longest drought is 3 years between Silcoon and Pidgey.

I will be switching from shiny hunting to filling out my Pokédex soon. I won't be MMing much between now and when I'm going through the story on Black 2. I want to get my Pokédex filled out before the new games are released.
Oh my... You still haven't gotten shiny Litwick..? I'm beginning to feel guilty when I complained of one week... Either way, I am starting a hunt on Yamask now... Masada Method as usual. Wish me luck... I hope this turns out quick.
Old April 16th, 2012 (07:37 AM).
Blaze the Cat
Life hurts, and so do I

I was playing around on an Emerald rom, and ran into a shiny Tentacool(screenshot on bottom), my first legit rom shiny. Sadly, I didn't save and the game froze when I tried to cheat myself a Feebas :'(

Bulbasaur MM: 107
Johto starter SR: ????
Attached Images
File Type: png Pokemon Emerald.png‎ (6.2 KB, 7 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old April 16th, 2012 (08:01 AM).
PekoponTAS
Game Boy Advance Fan

6095 encounters in Viridian Forest. Still nothing. Got frustrated last night and stopped counting for a while, so there's probably a good extra hundred on that total. I'm going to make it feel less tedious by training a Beedrill in the mean time instead of just running away. Hopefully it will shine soon. For a first hunt, this is getting somewhat silly.
Old April 16th, 2012 (12:01 PM).
TheShinyEevee
ShinyHunter Before it was Cool

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to TheShinyEevee
From now on I'm just gonna quote all the posts since my last one.
Which is pretty much what I do anywhooze xD

Spoiler:

Shiny hunting.
Good luck!

Thanks! :D

Welcome, and good luck with Shinx! I've never chained before actually, but Shiny is a cool shiny And yeah, it can get frustrating, keep at it though!
Shiny sure is a cool shiny.. XD

Hunts:
Viridian Forest: 3829
Giratina: 411

Good luck everyone!
Good luck to you too, my friend!
1750 Spiritomb.

"lol" there could be one where you clone yourself, your clone steals 43 of your shinies, and you need to battle him with the rest...all at the same time! :cer_laugh:

Welcome to the club!

I wonder if luck changes to the color that you need it to be the most...

I didn't get the vote thing either.
However it's hardly surprising XD

... what the heck are you guys talking about i guess i missed a lot in a week
anyway heres a quick update
Ponyta: 493 REs
Guys my shiny senses are starting to go off for ponyta and also realisticaly as messed up as it is ive been camping out here for what like 2 weeks now those shinies in hiding have got to be getting hungry
I hope you get something soon!

We need to get this done. Like, movie style. *G-Money style camera shots*

That's what I do! Youtube is my friend :D

Wow, the activity skyrocketed since I was last on here.

Welcome all new members, and congrats to all those who got new shinies!

I had a shiny Geodude Self-destruct on me on Silver or Crystal. I was so distraught that I restarted my game. I didn't even know shinies existed at the time.

That's an interesting idea.

This week's random hunt is... any shiny that is gray/silver!
If I get Giratina/Ho-oh, would they count? They have sooome greyish/silver on them...! XD

See what happens when you post more G?

Haha, that would be awesome wouldn't it!

I wonder what would happen if we spilled Latios Master's luck buckets? Or..
Spoiler:

3839 Viridian Forest encounters.
420 Giratina.

Good luck everyone!
Nothing.
Literally, nothing would.
):

2222 Spiritomb.
555 Snivy. I might slow down on these until Black 2 and White 2 come out to see if the SR times are faster, because I'm seriously getting nowhere with them, "lol." I can do like 3 Spiritomb in the time it takes for one Snivy, haha.

Oh, and I tried the wireless thing. I turned off the Wireless Option on my 3DS, and sure enough I don't have to scroll through the C-Gear screen anymore!! Thanks, TSE!!! I tried confirming the test by turning it back on to see if the C-Gear thing would go back, but I couldn't turn it back on, "lol." I guess that's because I don't have access to DS-compatible Wifi here. *calls out to Lv 100 Arceus trapped in the Dream World with no means of return*

"lol" shiny senses!!

"lol"

"lol"
Look at this XD

*coughkickpermabanShinySearchercoughcough*
PERMABANNOOOD:
*Cough*

Oh ok i get it *eye roll* yeah and maybe i shouldnt say shiny senses especially when i only have one other shiny
Quick Update
Ponyta Route 206:REs 582
Good luck again!

Probably.

I think you're severely lacking in the bucket - I mean luck department! We must fix this somewhere...
Where are those leprechauns..

Oh my... You still haven't gotten shiny Litwick..? I'm beginning to feel guilty when I complained of one week... Either way, I am starting a hunt on Yamask now... Masada Method as usual. Wish me luck... I hope this turns out quick.
A week must seem ages to you, you do MM so fast! I'm so amazed still at how quick you are XD
Good luck!

Quote originally posted by Dratizard:
I was playing around on an Emerald rom, and ran into a shiny Tentacool(screenshot on bottom), my first legit rom shiny. Sadly, I didn't save and the game froze when I tried to cheat myself a Feebas :'(

NO WAY D:
Get something soon, won't you? ):

6095 encounters in Viridian Forest. Still nothing. Got frustrated last night and stopped counting for a while, so there's probably a good extra hundred on that total. I'm going to make it feel less tedious by training a Beedrill in the mean time instead of just running away. Hopefully it will shine soon. For a first hunt, this is getting somewhat silly.
*Again has an urge to show you some of the insane figures that some people go through before a shiny*
Though I have to say, you're going insanely fast too XD
I need some of this speed potion! Do they sell it in Costa?

No change in my hunts (stupid school D: )
I didn't actually hunt at all today. Since I had no time.
That feels so strange, since it hasn't happened for at least 2 months! xD

3DS FC: 1032-1814-9041
уσυтυвє | ѕнιηу нυηтєя'ѕ ¢υв | тυмвя

Keep your head up...
Keep your heart strong.
Old April 16th, 2012 (06:03 PM).
Latios Master
11 Year PC Member

Don't feel guilty. Good luck with Yamask!

I'm sorry to hear about the shiny Tentacool, Dratizard.

If I get Giratina/Ho-oh, would they count? They have sooome greyish/silver on them...! XD
Yes, they will count.
Old April 16th, 2012 (07:04 PM).
PekoponTAS
Game Boy Advance Fan

I think I'm going to give up on Viridian Forest for now. Over 6500 Random Encounters with nothing to show for it, I'm kind of tired of it. Gonna restart my save file and soft reset for Shiny Squirtle instead. Green shelled Blastoise is under appreciated. : )
Old April 16th, 2012 (08:25 PM). Edited April 17th, 2012 by G-Money.
G-Money

WITH THIS POST, I PASS AARYN ON THE ALL-TIME POSTERS LIST!!!!!!!!!!

2292 Spiritomb.

Well, you went 7 years without posting a shiny! And 3 shinies in 7 years is still pretty droughtish; you can still have water in a desert, and as long as there's a very small amount of water, it's still a desert! *claims lexicographical skills from a very bad technicality and distortion of the definition of the word drought* But yeah, an 8 month drought using the approved definition is still enough to make you deserve to get, like, a shiny every day for a whole week. And then a shiny the next Monday, too!

*hopes Latios Master gets a shiny while working on the Pokedex*

From now on I'm just gonna quote all the posts since my last one.
Oh dear, what monsters have I created!? :o The length of posts have probably increased by a factor of 20 since I joined, "lol." I guess we need to try to make up for the lost DDD/Fufu word count, haha.

I think I'm going to give up on Viridian Forest for now.
No!!!!!!!!!!!

Gonna restart my save file and soft reset for Shiny Squirtle instead.
Oh, okay. Good luck getting shiny Squirtle! Maybe it'll be more fun hunting in the Viridian Forest when you're sending out your green-shelled buddy for the next (hopefully less than!) 6500 times!

Oh, and as a precaution to ensure the SHC continually runs smoothly, would everyone be okay if I implemented a basic successionary system? I was thinking that if the owner goes 6 months without posting, ownership should be institutionally transferred to the longest active co-owner. By active, how about calling it the co-owner who has made at least one post in each month? If the two longest-active co-owners are tied for the same amount of months, it would go to whoever's post came first in that month.

I certainly hope this wouldn't be necessary, but it would be a safeguard to guarantee that the Club would always have access to the first post. I don't see it happening anytime soon (I certainly hope not! :cer_love: ), but for the far, far future to make sure that the Club couldn't be closed down again. I think it's important to have everyone be able to know about and talk about any potential rule changes, so I'd like to hear your thoughts/suggestions/alterations.

I also made a new banner, inspired by TSE's userbar and the original shiny cards. I'd like to someday maybe have stars or different colors per 6 or 8, but I'll have to wait until MetalMario gets back to ask for his permission. Until then, behold my new banner!

Old April 17th, 2012 (02:46 AM). Edited April 17th, 2012 by SS01.
SS01
#PoC Collab

Probably.

GOODBYE!!! THE SHC SHALL NEVER BE SAME :'(
Quote originally posted by Dratizard:

Officially we don't count ROMs here, but congrats anyway! And good luck on those other hunts!
Good luck!
From now on I'm just gonna quote all the
I didn't get the vote thing either.
However it's hardly surprising XD
I did XD /me is an American history buff lmao

I didn't actually hunt at all today. Since I had no time.
That feels so strange, since it hasn't happened for at least 2 months! xD
*shuns*
WITH THIS POST, I PASS AARYN ON THE ALL-TIME POSTERS LIST!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats?
2292 Spiritomb.
Good luck!
Oh, and as a precaution to ensure the SHC continually runs smoothly, would everyone be okay if I implemented a basic successionary system? I was thinking that if the owner goes 6 months without posting, ownership should be institutionally transferred to the longest active co-owner. By active, how about calling it the co-owner who has made at least one post in each month? If the two longest-active co-owners are tied for the same amount of months, it would go to whoever's post came first in that month.
That seems smart to me. Just maybe a bit unnecessary considering I'm 100 percent sure that if the club gets closed, somebody will remake it in the same thread, so literally nothing would be lost anyways. But overall it seems like a good idea, just why not make it most active co-owner instead? Just wondering if that would make more sense.
I certainly hope this wouldn't be necessary, but it would be a safeguard to guarantee that the Club would always have access to the first post. I don't see it happening anytime soon (I certainly hope not! :cer_love: ), but for the far, far future to make sure that the Club couldn't be closed down again. I think it's important to have everyone be able to know about and talk about any potential rule changes, so I'd like to hear your thoughts/suggestions/alterations.

I also made a new banner, inspired by TSE's userbar and the original shiny cards. I'd like to someday maybe have stars or different colors per 6 or 8, but I'll have to wait until MetalMario gets back to ask for his permission. Until then, behold my new banner!

You know the plural of shiny is shinies, right? XD
Hunts:
Viridian Forest: 3926. Decided to give up my original target of Pikachu and just hunt here, so no longer using static, but now illuminate. Static was just going too slow, LOL. I'll MM Pikachu sometime.

Giratina: 420

I also started a new hunt yesterday. *facepalm* You see, I really like shiny Croagunk, and the thing's hatch steps are so low, I started to MM it in Black.
I managed to get my hands on a female Dream World Croagunk, which is breeding with a Japanese male Mienshao (egg move Drain Punch), so hoping my shiny will have the hidden ability! Done 30 of those.

Good luck everyone!
Old April 17th, 2012 (07:14 AM).
miloticfan54
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to miloticfan54
Whew, at 100 eggs for Yamask... I'm slower now, since I have a new schedule... I still have piano lessons and fanfiction to work on...

Either way, would Yamask count? I mean, their shiny IS a bit silver, right?
Old April 17th, 2012 (08:43 AM).
G-Money

2300 Spiritomb. Yes, 8 more does warrant another post. :cer_tongue:

Congrats?
Thanks!

Good luck!
Thanks!

That seems smart to me. Just maybe a bit unnecessary considering I'm 100 percent sure that if the club gets closed, somebody will remake it in the same thread, so literally nothing would be lost anyways. But overall it seems like a good idea, just why not make it most active co-owner instead? Just wondering if that would make more sense.
I think that the owner should be someone who would stay around for a while, so the mods don't get mad from constantly switching the first post, "lol." I wouldn't have a problem with having it be the most active co-owner, but I think it would be better for it to be the co-owner who has been active for the longest time, to ensure that someone doesn't become a co-owner, make 50 posts in a month, and then leave. With having it be someone who's been posting consistently for a long time, this guards against the owner becoming inactive (or at least reduces the probability).

You know the plural of shiny is shinies, right? XD
"lol" I made the template before that was officially determined, haha. I had that as my banner about a year ago, unanimated and with about 10 less shinies, haha. I should probably spice it up somehow...

I also forgot to include the frame with my shiny Torchic, "lol." But I'm not going to waste the energy to fix the banner now; it'll be a waste since I'll have to be adding Spiritomb soon anyways (I hope!)!

would Yamask count?
Yes!

Old April 17th, 2012 (11:09 AM).
Chr. Draco
Dragon Power

Wow, too much text, G-Money created a lot of monsters.

Ok, so everyone is doing fine with their hunts?

To Dratizard: Sorry about what happened with your emerald rom Dratizard, but still congrats on tentacool, even if you were not able to keep it, maybe you will find it again.

To Latios Master: can't believe you haven't got your litwick after all this time, definitely you deserve at least one after all the eggs you hatched and all the time you have spend playing and hatching. Hope you get at least a shiny while completing the pokedex.

In my case I have nothing to show for now, when I get it I'll let you all know.

Happy hunting everyone.
Old April 17th, 2012 (12:20 PM).
PekoponTAS
Game Boy Advance Fan

I had some questions about soft reseting for starters. I've heard little bits and pieces on how it works, but I'm not 100% sure. I've noticed that after a while, I seem to keep getting identical Squirtles to ones I've already gotten. After reseting my save file and trying again, I start getting different Squirtles. I've heard it has something to do with the RNG of the third gen games, but I'm not sure if reseting the save file every once in a while is something I should do. One popular shiny hunter on youtube says that about 35 soft resets is about as high as you should go before starting a new file. Is there any truth to this? Would it overall lower my chances to stay on the same save file? I've also heard the term "shiny frame" thrown around. Is there something about being on the exact right frame for it to be a shiny? I just want to make sure I'm doing things correctly. I'd love to get my green shelled Squirtle sooner than later. It only takes about a minute to get back to Oak's lab after starting a new game, so it's not like starting a new file takes long. I've also heard the term "early shiny frame" when it comes to starters. Would it be better to choose a default name rather than take the time to spell out a name of my own?

Any info would be appreciated. Maybe if there isn't one already, a "frequently asked questions about shinies" section on the first post may be a good idea.

Oh, and I've done 126 soft resets for Squirtle so far. Not very much, but a decent start.
Old April 17th, 2012 (02:57 PM).
Razer302
Three Days Grace - Break

Nature: Quiet
Looks like I need to post more in here,

Well since my last post I have hatched 4389 Torchic eggs and SR over 10,000 spiritombs. Really hoping to get Spiritomb soon as I have been after it for a long time.
Old April 17th, 2012 (05:03 PM).
LucarioGuild7

... so many...words
lol i feel kind of left out now also everyone else hunts really fast
Anyway here is my update:
Ponyta Poute 206:669 REs
Its gotta happen anysay now...
Old April 17th, 2012 (09:04 PM). Edited April 17th, 2012 by G-Money.
G-Money

PAGE 777!!

2315 Spiritomb.

I had some questions about soft reseting for starters. I've heard little bits and pieces on how it works, but I'm not 100% sure. I've noticed that after a while, I seem to keep getting identical Squirtles to ones I've already gotten. After reseting my save file and trying again, I start getting different Squirtles. I've heard it has something to do with the RNG of the third gen games, but I'm not sure if reseting the save file every once in a while is something I should do. One popular shiny hunter on youtube says that about 35 soft resets is about as high as you should go before starting a new file. Is there any truth to this? Would it overall lower my chances to stay on the same save file? I've also heard the term "shiny frame" thrown around. Is there something about being on the exact right frame for it to be a shiny? I just want to make sure I'm doing things correctly. I'd love to get my green shelled Squirtle sooner than later. It only takes about a minute to get back to Oak's lab after starting a new game, so it's not like starting a new file takes long. I've also heard the term "early shiny frame" when it comes to starters. Would it be better to choose a default name rather than take the time to spell out a name of my own?

Any info would be appreciated. Maybe if there isn't one already, a "frequently asked questions about shinies" section on the first post may be a good idea.
Voila! Thank you for backing up what I had thought, haha.

In fact, there's been some debate as to what's going on with this, with one side saying that the FR/LG RNG is flawed and the other claiming that it's perfectly fine. Normally I'd preface any advice I give on this topic with the qualification "this is what I believe, but a lot of people strongly disagree and I can't promise that I'm right about this," but if you really are getting identical Squirtles, that's really powerful evidence to back up what I'm saying. So what I'm about to tell you I can say with a higher degree of confidence than before, "lol."

Basically, the FR/LG RNG works fine and there are multiple factors that go into determining the features of a Pokemon, but unlike R/S/D/P/Pt/HG/SS/B/W, real time is not one of the factors. Therefore, saving in front of a Pokemon (like Squirtle) and SRing isn't going to change its shinyness, since the information that the RNG is drawing from is the exact same, since nothing relevant has changed since you last saved. That being said, there is a degree of variation, and you can get in a variety of different values in each SR "batch." The number that I've seen is 25, although 35 isn't too far off and both are probably estimations. After 25 SRs, you should shuffle up the RNG by resaving. I like to take a few steps and spin my character for a couple of seconds just in case, but I'm not 100% sure if it's necessary to take steps or if the RNG will be reset from just resaving. I take a couple of steps to be on the safe side, but you might be able to get away with just saving again.

It's possible to get a shiny in FR/LG from simply SRing over and over (I got my shiny Bulbasaur without resaving at all), but you'll probably continue to see identical Pokemon with the same stats, etc. You'll eventually get your shiny, but you'll waste a lot of time with reused duplicates from the RNG pool.

The thing about "shiny frames" is a problem from Emerald, whose RNG is by far the worst of any Pokemon game. The RNG in Emerald is set from the beginning of when you start your game, so you'd have to pick a whole new character, ID number, etc. each time you reset because the sole factor in the RNG calculation is amount of time since you turned on your game. You'll see a certain set of characteristics (shinyness, nature, etc.) for every Pokemon you see 1 second after turning on the game, another for every Pokemon you see 2 seconds after you turn on the game, etc. This means that it's possible to hunt in Emerald in the wild as long as you leave your game plugged in and just run around in the grass endlessly. In my Emerald, I have a shiny frame around 5 hours in and another about 9 hours in. For SRing things like the starters, you would have to SR, wait a second, encounter the Pokemon, SR, wait 2 seconds, etc., and once it gets to the point where you have to wait a minute between SRs, it's not really worth it. If you're lucky (/unlucky) enough to have a shiny frame, say, 55 seconds in, that means that every single Pokemon you encounter 55 seconds after turning the game on will be shiny. So technically, you could get every SRable Pokemon shiny if you can time your shiny frame, although you might have to wait several hours to do it, "lol." It's a really cheap method and the Club only counts one shiny per frame to prevent you from abusing the method to get all the Emerald shinies, "lol."

FR/LG, on the other hand, have a perfectly fine RNG compared to Emerald's. You don't have to restart your whole save file each time; simply taking a step and saving will mix it up just fine. For all other games, you don't have to resave or anything, since everything except for E/FR/LG use real time as a factor, meaning every SR you do will naturally mix up the batch.

(I'm not entirely sure about the following part since I've never tried it, but this is how I understand the name rumors: ) The name thing only matters in Emerald, as there's a way to calculate your shiny frame by using a cheating method that factors the letters in your name, your ID number, and your hidden ID, which isn't available in the game and can only be found by using an external device. For all intents and purposes, the name thing has no merit and doesn't affect your shiny hunting. There's something like certain names change your chances from 1/8192 to either 1/8191 or 1/8193, but the difference is so small that it's negligible in the grand scheme of shiny hunting.

TL;DR: Resave after every 25 SRs on FR/LG and never play Emerald. Everything else is fine. :cer_smile:

And the idea about a shiny FAQ in the first post is a really good idea! That sounds like it would be pretty helpful, so maybe I'll make it when I have some more free time (or if someone else wants to, you're more than welcome).

Quote originally posted by Razer302:
Well since my last post I have hatched 4389 Torchic eggs and SR over 10,000 spiritombs. Really hoping to get Spiritomb soon as I have been after it for a long time.
Wow, those are really long hunts! I'm hunting for Spiritomb too, but I'm about 7700 behind, "lol." Would you like to race?

everyone else hunts really fast
*looks at the 15 Spiritomb since his last post*

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links