Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 17th, 2012 (10:06 PM).
PekoponTAS
Game Boy Advance Fan

Nature: Naive
Wow! Thanks for taking the time to type all that up. It was really helpful. I've never been a fan of Emerald anyways, so I guess that's another reason not to like it. XD

Well, with a newfound strategy in hand, it's back to Squirtle hunting.

Oh, and I actually had one other question. If Ruby and Sapphire use real time to determine shininess, what happens when the cartridge's internal clock stops? That happens on the GBA cartridges a LOT, so I wonder if that changes how it works?
Old April 18th, 2012 (01:44 AM).
miloticfan54
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to miloticfan54
Woo! Yeah! Yamask turned out to be a quick hunt! 230 EGGS! This afternoon, I managed to hatch a shiny Yamask while I was checking up some fanfics... When I stared at my screen... I couldn't have been more surprised... Luckily, Everstone worked THIS TIME! Meaning it was Sassy natured... Unfortunately, it's IVs are less then impressive... 15, 0, 13, 8, 7, and 26... Yeah... Speed got 26... Ah well, a shiny is a shiny... (I'd actually like to post the pic, but I have no idea how to considering my images are too large... And I don't think I'm allowed to post links, as far as I can recall... Hopefully, I'll work something out.) (Busy celebrating on shiny Yamask.)
Old April 18th, 2012 (04:14 AM).
Chr. Draco
Dragon Power

Nature: Jolly
Quote originally posted by miloticfan54:
Woo! Yeah! Yamask turned out to be a quick hunt! 230 EGGS! This afternoon, I managed to hatch a shiny Yamask while I was checking up some fanfics... When I stared at my screen... I couldn't have been more surprised... Luckily, Everstone worked THIS TIME! Meaning it was Sassy natured... Unfortunately, it's IVs are less then impressive... 15, 0, 13, 8, 7, and 26... Yeah... Speed got 26... Ah well, a shiny is a shiny... (I'd actually like to post the pic, but I have no idea how to considering my images are too large... And I don't think I'm allowed to post links, as far as I can recall... Hopefully, I'll work something out.) (Busy celebrating on shiny Yamask.)
Congrats on your yamask miloticfan54, a shiny is a shiny as you said, take good care of it.

To G-Money: Thats a complete guide you wrote there, it can go to the future shiny FAQ. .

Well, page 777, the page's number tells everything.
Old April 18th, 2012 (04:44 AM).
SS01
#PoC Collab

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SS01
Congrats! I VM'd you about the pics.
Quote originally posted by PekoponTAS:
Wow! Thanks for taking the time to type all that up. It was really helpful. I've never been a fan of Emerald anyways, so I guess that's another reason not to like it. XD

Oh, and I actually had one other question. If Ruby and Sapphire use real time to determine shininess, what happens when the cartridge's internal clock stops? That happens on the GBA cartridges a LOT, so I wonder if that changes how it works?
Yes. If the clock has stopped, it is no longer possible to obtain shinies by soft resetting. With the clock stopped, SRing in Ruby/Sapphire works exactly like SRing in Emerald.
Quote originally posted by G-Money:
PAGE 777!!
:cer_giggle:

I did the shiny FAQ. Here it is, feel free to put it in (one of) the first post(s).

Spoiler:
Shiny FAQ:

Q: What are shiny Pokemon?

A: Shiny Pokemon are simply Pokemon colored differently which have a 1/8192 chance of appearing anywhere a wild Pokemon can be obtained from Generation II on. The difference may
be barely noticeable, or drastic.

Q: In what games do shiny Pokemon appear in?

A: Shiny Pokemon have a 1/8192 chance of appearing in any game other than Pokemon Red, Blue, Green, and Yellow. Note that they do appear in Red and
Green’s remakes, FireRed and LeafGreen.

Q: Are shiny Pokemon more powerful than normal Pokemon?

A: No. Shiny Pokemon have the exact same stats as a normal Pokemon.

Q: Is there any way to make shiny Pokemon appear more easily?

A: Yes. Starting in Generation IV, the Masuda method, used by putting two Pokemon from a different language game into the day-care and breeding them, obviously included as an extra incentive to use the GTS, will increase the odds to 1/1639 in Generation IV, and 1/1366 in Generation V. Note that to do this the two Pokemon can NOT be from the same foreign language, nor can any one of them be from an in-game trade.

Q: Will breeding two shiny Pokemon have a higher chance of hatching a shiny?

A: No. There is no way to increase the chances other than the Masuda
method detailed above.

Q: Does a dry internal battery in Ruby and Sapphire affect shiny Pokemon?

A: Yes. If you get the message “The internal battery has run dry. The game can be played, but clock-based events will no longer occur” when starting your game, you can no longer obtain shinies by soft resetting the game. You can still obtain shinies by encountering, however.

Q: What is the supposed “Broken RNG” in Pokemon Emerald?

Essentially, The RNG in Emerald is set from the beginning of when you start your game, so you'd have to pick a whole new character, ID number, etc. each time you reset because the sole factor in the RNG calculation is amount of time since you turned on your game. You'll see a certain set of characteristics (shinyness, nature, etc.) for every Pokemon you see 1 second after turning on the game, another for every Pokemon you see 2 seconds after you turn on the game, etc. This means that it's possible to hunt in Emerald in the wild as long as you leave your game plugged in and just run around in the grass endlessly.

FAQ by ShinySearcher01.
Emerald RNG section by G-Money.

Enjoy, if you want to edit it, just ask for my permission first please.

Also, I made myself a shiny animated signature, I know it's bad but still:

Hunts:
460 Giratina

Good luck everyone!
Old April 18th, 2012 (06:38 AM).
miloticfan54
Unhatched Egg

Well, thanks to ShinySearcher01, I was able to put up this photo. Thanks a lot!

And here:
Spoiler:
Is the shiny Yamask!
Old April 18th, 2012 (10:02 AM). Edited April 19th, 2012 by TheShinyEevee.
TheShinyEevee
ShinyHunter Before it was Cool

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to TheShinyEevee
I had some questions about soft reseting for starters. I've heard little bits and pieces on how it works, but I'm not 100% sure. I've noticed that after a while, I seem to keep getting identical Squirtles to ones I've already gotten. After reseting my save file and trying again, I start getting different Squirtles. I've heard it has something to do with the RNG of the third gen games, but I'm not sure if reseting the save file every once in a while is something I should do. One popular shiny hunter on youtube says that about 35 soft resets is about as high as you should go before starting a new file. Is there any truth to this? Would it overall lower my chances to stay on the same save file? I've also heard the term "shiny frame" thrown around. Is there something about being on the exact right frame for it to be a shiny? I just want to make sure I'm doing things correctly. I'd love to get my green shelled Squirtle sooner than later. It only takes about a minute to get back to Oak's lab after starting a new game, so it's not like starting a new file takes long. I've also heard the term "early shiny frame" when it comes to starters. Would it be better to choose a default name rather than take the time to spell out a name of my own?

Any info would be appreciated. Maybe if there isn't one already, a "frequently asked questions about shinies" section on the first post may be a good idea.

Oh, and I've done 126 soft resets for Squirtle so far. Not very much, but a decent start.
PAGE 777!!

2315 Spiritomb.

Voila! Thank you for backing up what I had thought, haha.

In fact, there's been some debate as to what's going on with this, with one side saying that the FR/LG RNG is flawed and the other claiming that it's perfectly fine. Normally I'd preface any advice I give on this topic with the qualification "this is what I believe, but a lot of people strongly disagree and I can't promise that I'm right about this," but if you really are getting identical Squirtles, that's really powerful evidence to back up what I'm saying. So what I'm about to tell you I can say with a higher degree of confidence than before, "lol."

Basically, the FR/LG RNG works fine and there are multiple factors that go into determining the features of a Pokemon, but unlike R/S/D/P/Pt/HG/SS/B/W, real time is not one of the factors. Therefore, saving in front of a Pokemon (like Squirtle) and SRing isn't going to change its shinyness, since the information that the RNG is drawing from is the exact same, since nothing relevant has changed since you last saved. That being said, there is a degree of variation, and you can get in a variety of different values in each SR "batch." The number that I've seen is 25, although 35 isn't too far off and both are probably estimations. After 25 SRs, you should shuffle up the RNG by resaving. I like to take a few steps and spin my character for a couple of seconds just in case, but I'm not 100% sure if it's necessary to take steps or if the RNG will be reset from just resaving. I take a couple of steps to be on the safe side, but you might be able to get away with just saving again.

It's possible to get a shiny in FR/LG from simply SRing over and over (I got my shiny Bulbasaur without resaving at all), but you'll probably continue to see identical Pokemon with the same stats, etc. You'll eventually get your shiny, but you'll waste a lot of time with reused duplicates from the RNG pool.

The thing about "shiny frames" is a problem from Emerald, whose RNG is by far the worst of any Pokemon game. The RNG in Emerald is set from the beginning of when you start your game, so you'd have to pick a whole new character, ID number, etc. each time you reset because the sole factor in the RNG calculation is amount of time since you turned on your game. You'll see a certain set of characteristics (shinyness, nature, etc.) for every Pokemon you see 1 second after turning on the game, another for every Pokemon you see 2 seconds after you turn on the game, etc. This means that it's possible to hunt in Emerald in the wild as long as you leave your game plugged in and just run around in the grass endlessly. In my Emerald, I have a shiny frame around 5 hours in and another about 9 hours in. For SRing things like the starters, you would have to SR, wait a second, encounter the Pokemon, SR, wait 2 seconds, etc., and once it gets to the point where you have to wait a minute between SRs, it's not really worth it. If you're lucky (/unlucky) enough to have a shiny frame, say, 55 seconds in, that means that every single Pokemon you encounter 55 seconds after turning the game on will be shiny. So technically, you could get every SRable Pokemon shiny if you can time your shiny frame, although you might have to wait several hours to do it, "lol." It's a really cheap method and the Club only counts one shiny per frame to prevent you from abusing the method to get all the Emerald shinies, "lol."

FR/LG, on the other hand, have a perfectly fine RNG compared to Emerald's. You don't have to restart your whole save file each time; simply taking a step and saving will mix it up just fine. For all other games, you don't have to resave or anything, since everything except for E/FR/LG use real time as a factor, meaning every SR you do will naturally mix up the batch.

(I'm not entirely sure about the following part since I've never tried it, but this is how I understand the name rumors: ) The name thing only matters in Emerald, as there's a way to calculate your shiny frame by using a cheating method that factors the letters in your name, your ID number, and your hidden ID, which isn't available in the game and can only be found by using an external device. For all intents and purposes, the name thing has no merit and doesn't affect your shiny hunting. There's something like certain names change your chances from 1/8192 to either 1/8191 or 1/8193, but the difference is so small that it's negligible in the grand scheme of shiny hunting.

TL;DR: Resave after every 25 SRs on FR/LG and never play Emerald. Everything else is fine. :cer_smile:

And the idea about a shiny FAQ in the first post is a really good idea! That sounds like it would be pretty helpful, so maybe I'll make it when I have some more free time (or if someone else wants to, you're more than welcome).

Wow, those are really long hunts! I'm hunting for Spiritomb too, but I'm about 7700 behind, "lol." Would you like to race?

*looks at the 15 Spiritomb since his last post*
I was about to type all that almost exactly the same...
English time sucks! ;_;

Again? Really? XD
Though, Ruby/Sapphire can be RE'd in perfectly fine with a dry battery. If you want some help replacing your battery I did mine last week so just shoot me a PM or something

Well, thanks to ShinySearcher01, I was able to put up this photo. Thanks a lot!

And here:
Spoiler:
Is the shiny Yamask!
Congratulations! I'm happy it was fast - you deserved it!

I was trying to quote your last post, SS01, but I must have misclicked and I'm too lazy to go back and do it now, so I'll just type xD

I LOVE your signature! It's so cool :D
Also - maybe you just got lucky with the fact you chose blacks and greys, or you knew already - GIFs have only 256 colours available or so. I bet you knew that anyway, but it tends to mess up and revert colours outside of that into the closest, which ends up kinda odd.
Just a heads up :D

AND!
MATHS!

So, I'm sure you've all heard of Tom's pocket money.
Take the concept of doubling 1 = 2, double 2 = 4, etc.
LOOK AT THIS!

Double:

1 = 2
2 = 4
4 = 8
8 = 16
16 = 32
32 = 64
64 = 128
128 = 256
256 = 512
(It does get better soon)
512 = 1024
1024 = 2048
2048 = 4096
And now....
4096 = 8192.

Anyone recognise that number? 8192? 'Cause I do.
It's the simplified shiny rate!!!
Just an interesting fact I found XD

EDIT: I'm selecting Treecko in the bag of Pokeballs by default without realising now.
What a sad, sad day this is! XD

EDIT II: I hate having no time to hunt ;_; SCHOOL! I did get some hunting done last night - up to 22,930. Here's a deal, games: I'll complain when I hit 30k
I'm SRing on four games, incase you didn't know, for four different targets; I'd love Ho-oh/Giratina first and then Ho-oh/Giratina second (the one I didn't get first, obviously XD). Then I'd love Treecko. Since I got 4 MM shinies, and I already have one SR shiny, I'm going for three more, then moving on to RE. I'd love Treecko first, so I'm gonna try really hard to get it (though it's fairly likely, since I can do two Treecko SRs to one Giratina/Ho-oh, and 3(!!!) to a Kyurem XD) so I can RE for my next team member in my Badge Quest.

EDIT III: April 19th 2012:
Giratina: 5990
Ho-oh: 9010
Treecko: 2750
Kyurem: 5660
Total: 23,410!

3DS FC: 1032-1814-9041
уσυтυвє | ѕнιηу нυηтєя'ѕ ¢υв | тυмвя

Keep your head up...
Keep your heart strong.
Old April 18th, 2012 (12:07 PM). Edited April 21st, 2012 by SS01.
SS01
#PoC Collab

Quote originally posted by TheShinyEevee:
I LOVE your signature! It's so cool :D
Also - maybe you just got lucky with the fact you chose blacks and greys, or you knew already - GIFs have only 256 colours available or so. I bet you knew that anyway, but it tends to mess up and revert colours outside of that into the closest, which ends up kinda odd.
Just a heads up :D
Thank you!

Hunts: 479 Giratina. Viridian Forest is paused until I get FRLG, when it will be moved to Power Plant to get Pikachu again. Good luck everyone!

EDIT: 500 Giratina. Unpaused Viridian Forest and am back to using Static, but its a secondary hunt and I won't be updating it much. Also, RUBY IS MINE! Hoping it gets here soon, I'll play through it first before doing any hunting on it, then go RE somewhere.
Old April 18th, 2012 (12:12 PM).
Keruso

<snip>
TL;DR: Resave after every 25 SRs on FR/LG and never play Emerald. Everything else is fine. :cer_smile:
hmm...... you know, ive been resetting for Charmander for quite a while on my LeafGreen...............maybe i should do this

Quote:
Now, Peko, as the foremost "expert" in shiny hunting, i have found myself shinies in Emerald. In fact, i found six in it before i restarted the game to play it again with a team that the Serebii forums had given me. I was at one time leveling up my Rhyhorn that they gave me into a Rhydon (because they didnt give me a water type....) around route 114 in Emerald. i was at bowling at the time as well, and while leveling, a Shiny Swablu showed up out of nowhere. Now, you can hunt if you like, just dont throw it out altogether.

for me, i have yet to find myself a shiny since Venipede (or Roggenrola, i forgot who came last). right now, i moved from the desert to Chargestone Cave on the bottom floor where Tynamo is 6-ish %.
Old April 18th, 2012 (02:15 PM).
PekoponTAS
Game Boy Advance Fan

Quote originally posted by Keruso:
hmm...... you know, ive been resetting for Charmander for quite a while on my LeafGreen...............maybe i should do this

Now, Peko, as the foremost "expert" in shiny hunting, i have found myself shinies in Emerald. In fact, i found six in it before i restarted the game to play it again with a team that the Serebii forums had given me. I was at one time leveling up my Rhyhorn that they gave me into a Rhydon (because they didnt give me a water type....) around route 114 in Emerald. i was at bowling at the time as well, and while leveling, a Shiny Swablu showed up out of nowhere. Now, you can hunt if you like, just dont throw it out altogether.
It's not just the shiny thing though. I've always much preferred playing Ruby and Sapphire over Emerald. I can't even remember the last time I played Emerald instead of Ruby or Sapphire. Was never fond of a lot of the little changes they made.
Old April 18th, 2012 (07:04 PM).
Latios Master
11 Year PC Member

Nature: Adamant
Quote originally posted by ShinySearcher01:
GOODBYE!!! THE SHC SHALL NEVER BE SAME :'(
I'm not leaving, lol. I'm just taking a break from MMing. You could say I'm hunting Route 12 while I'm leveling up Pokémon. The next one is Whismur. If I get a shiny, hopefully it won't be another Audino. I was leveling up Pokémon on this route when I caught my shiny Audino.

As for the shiny FAQ, I would like to submit the following amendments:

Quote:

A: Yes. Starting in Generation IV, the Masuda method, used by putting two Pokemon from a different language game into the day-care and breeding them, obviously included as an extra incentive to use the GTS, will increase the odds to 1/1639 in Generation IV, and 1/1366 in Generation V. Note that to do this the two Pokemon can NOT be from the same foreign language, nor can any one of them be from an in-game trade. In G/S/C if at least one of the parents is a shiny, the odds are 1/64. The Odd Egg you receive in Crystal has a 14% chance of being a shiny, 50% in the Japanese version.

method, except for in G/S/C, detailed above.
Quote originally posted by Razer302:
Looks like I need to post more in here,

Well since my last post I have hatched 4389 Torchic eggs and SR over 10,000 spiritombs. Really hoping to get Spiritomb soon as I have been after it for a long time.
Wow, another MM hunt that reached 4,000. I'm assuming you're MMing? That makes my Litwick hunt look short.

Congrats on the shiny Yamask, miloticfan54!
Old April 19th, 2012 (02:18 PM). Edited April 20th, 2012 by SS01.
SS01
#PoC Collab

Quote originally posted by Latios Master:
I'm not leaving, lol. I'm just taking a break from MMing.

As for the shiny FAQ, I would like to submit the following amendments:
*Sigh of relief* Good. I don't know what we'd do without you XD

Those changes to the FAQ are fine with me.

550 Giratina. Ruby hasn't gotten here yet, when it does I'll play through it first then probably head to Shoal Cave.

Good luck everyone!

EDIT: 600 Giratina.
Old April 19th, 2012 (02:45 PM).
Razer302
Three Days Grace - Break

Nature: Quiet
I am defo up for a race. Gives me more motivation. Haven't hunted fully since back around when Ruby first came out through to SS/HG after that I have been very lax.I just haven't liked the new shinys that have come out. Still I want to increase my shiny count and maybe beat my highest shiny chain. which was over 30 btw lol. Was for an old girlfriend who lost a shiny Geodude when it exploded so I chained one for her and ended up with 34 of them lol. Maybe I will someday get back on that level.
Old April 19th, 2012 (10:50 PM).
miloticfan54
Unhatched Egg

Ah well... For some reason, I've had a recent craving to Masuda Cryogonal... So, I guess I'm starting on a hunt now for Cryogonal...
Old April 20th, 2012 (02:41 AM).
Arceus Whisper
Shiny Hunter

Nature: Lax
Wow I haven't posted here in forever...
Well first off welcome to all the new members and congrats to all the people who got shinies.
As for myself
My Hunts:
Ho-oh - 4800 SRs
Axew ~ 40 Eggs
I've been caught up with stuff irl, we all know how that can be =/ anyway I still won't be able to post regularly until May 31st, my last day of school, but I figured i would drop in and let you guys know I'm still alive =)
Anyway I am planning to get to 6000 SR by the end of the weekend

3DS FC: 5284-2430-5346
Old April 20th, 2012 (07:27 AM). Edited April 20th, 2012 by TheShinyEevee.
TheShinyEevee

Super low budget posts ftw:

@SS01 - Haha, awesome! I like the colours :3
@Keruso @SS01 @Razer302 @Milotic54 @Arceus Whisper - Good luck!
(Yeah, you can RE, but if you know you have an early shiny frame I think alot of shinies are prolly RNG clones on that game D

May be making some userbars later. *Thumbsup*

ALSO!
So, I'm on youtube, like many others, and I make videos of my shinies. A cool idea on there is that before a person announces there shiny's nature, they'll get people to do "nature guesses", which is pretty self-explanatory.
Whatcha think?
I'll ask you guys to guess when I get my shiny something or other ;3
Also, I had a dream about Shiny Treecko last night (along with stolen cars and snow...?) so... Hopefulface!

Keep your head up...
Keep your heart strong.
Old April 20th, 2012 (07:58 AM). Edited April 20th, 2012 by Spritingyoshi22.
Spritingyoshi22
That guy over there

Nature: Brave
I have a feeling you guys won't believe me but while playing Pokemon Snakewood, a Rom Hack by Cutlerine, I encountered a random Shiny Vulpix
I swear when I skip ahead in the video all I did was go and heal up my team I didn't turn any cheats off! So that is 2 shinnies in April. Sorry about not including it's nature that was a clumsy mistake and it has... a Careful nature. I think that's good.

Video link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6SBpQU1CbY&feature=plcp&context=C4e13144VDvjVQa1PpcFNuxa5wOJTb3qlrKQMVaBBbAHU_20XgpSA=
Old April 20th, 2012 (11:03 AM).
PekoponTAS
Game Boy Advance Fan

I'm going to be taking a break from shiny hunting for a bit to simply play through leafgreen. I'm going to take a couple of Pokemon I've never used before. My team this time will be Blastoise, Beedrill, Mr. Mime, and Flareon. Flareon will make for a great Fire type, and probably one of the best Pokemon in the third gen games to teach Shadow Ball too. Hopefully I'll come across a shiny along the way, but it's unlikely. After I beat the game, I'll go hunt in the Pattern Bush. Lots of great shines in there. Though for the movesets I want, I'm going to be spending a LOT of time at the slots. Fortunately I'm good at them, but there are four tms I want there. O_o
Old April 20th, 2012 (03:54 PM).
Razer302
Three Days Grace - Break

Completely missed the post about whether i was MMing. Yep I am MMing, anything to give me better odds really. Only thing I have stopped doing is chaining as it makes it to easy to get shinies. I love the feeling of a random encounter or watching the egg hatch.

Laxed today and only did around 500 SR for spiritomb. As I went to town and have work at 5am... and its currently 1 am... soo yeh not much time with the new games I bought. SRing in between certain points has been fun though.
Old April 21st, 2012 (12:28 AM).
Chr. Draco
Dragon Power

Well it looks like my target decided to appear finally, but I was forced to use my masterball, almost 30 min trying to catch it, well here's the pic:

PICT0003.jpg

dex data:

PICT0004.jpg

Well, a shiny is a shiny and it's my dragon.

Cya around and happy hunting.
Old April 21st, 2012 (02:11 AM).
TheShinyEevee

I know I just posted... But I had to post to congratulate!

Quote originally posted by Chr. Draco:
Well it looks like my target decided to appear finally, but I was forced to use my masterball, almost 30 min trying to catch it, well here's the pic:

Attachment 64218

dex data:

Attachment 64219

Cya around and happy hunting.
WOW! Congratulations!! What was the final SR count? And the nature? I hope your next hunt is quicker - congrats again! (You won the race too )

Completely missed the post about whether i was MMing. Yep I am MMing, anything to give me better odds really. Only thing I have stopped doing is chaining as it makes it to easy to get shinies. I love the feeling of a random encounter or watching the egg hatch.

Laxed today and only did around 500 SR for spiritomb. As I went to town and have work at 5am... and its currently 1 am... soo yeh not much time with the new games I bought. SRing in between certain points has been fun though.
I hope something shines soon!

I'm going to be taking a break from shiny hunting for a bit to simply play through leafgreen. I'm going to take a couple of Pokemon I've never used before. My team this time will be Blastoise, Beedrill, Mr. Mime, and Flareon. Flareon will make for a great Fire type, and probably one of the best Pokemon in the third gen games to teach Shadow Ball too. Hopefully I'll come across a shiny along the way, but it's unlikely. After I beat the game, I'll go hunt in the Pattern Bush. Lots of great shines in there. Though for the movesets I want, I'm going to be spending a LOT of time at the slots. Fortunately I'm good at them, but there are four tms I want there. O_o
I generally always use Blastoise or Venusaur - but good luck with your team! I'm sure the trials they may give you in the beginning will lead to a team of brilliant fighters!

Quote originally posted by Spritingyoshi22:
I have a feeling you guys won't believe me but while playing Pokemon Snakewood, a Rom Hack by Cutlerine, I encountered a random Shiny Vulpix
I swear when I skip ahead in the video all I did was go and heal up my team I didn't turn any cheats off! So that is 2 shinnies in April. Sorry about not including it's nature that was a clumsy mistake and it has... a Careful nature. I think that's good.

Video link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6SBpQU1CbY&feature=plcp&context=C4e13144VDvjVQa1PpcFNuxa5wOJTb3qlrKQMVaBBbAHU_20XgpSA=
Sweet! Congratulations!

No shinies over here - but my gba sp came today! (And I got a delightful surprise that the seller didn't realise it was the LE rare Mario edition.... so I got it mega cheap!)
It's a perfect fit for my Ruby, and I will be using it to hunt Treecko from now on.
Anything soon please? xD

Keep your head up...
Keep your heart strong.
Old April 21st, 2012 (04:55 AM).
SS01
#PoC Collab

No shinies over here - but my gba sp came today! (And I got a delightful surprise that the seller didn't realise it was the LE rare Mario edition.... so I got it mega cheap!)
It's a perfect fit for my Ruby, and I will be using it to hunt Treecko from now on.
Anything soon please? xD
Good luck!
Well it looks like my target decided to appear finally
:o

Congrats!

Hunts: I finally gave up on Viridian Forest, now doing Johto starters.
Johto starters: 50 resets (150 Pokemon seen)
Giratina: 674 resets

Good luck everyone!
Old April 21st, 2012 (06:15 AM).
miloticfan54
Unhatched Egg

Ah well... I was hoping Cryogonal would be a quick hunt, but I guess I can't abuse my luck anymore... I'm back to hunting seriously, which means it's back to twelve hours a day... I honestly didn't keep track of my eggs now, as I was getting tired... But I know it exceeded 500... My, I guess I'll just hatch about 30 more before calling it a day...
Old April 21st, 2012 (12:20 PM).
G-Money
Polychromatic Iridescence

3000 Spiritomb.
10777 Icefall Cave encounters.
777 Nincada-like characters.

I picked up my Icefall Cave hunt for a little bit, but I realized that it's more of a wintery hunt and would be more fun when it's cold. So it's on hold for now, but I'll definitely be back, probably around December. :cer_laugh:

I also continued my Route 116 hunt in Ruby for the first time since February 1st, 2011, "lol." I'm going after Nincada, so my odds are actually 1/40960! I certainly don't mind though, as the other Pokemon available are pretty cool. I'm going to keep hunting there until I get a shiny Nincada, even if it means that I get duplicates. It's probably faster to see 40,960 wild Pokemon than it would be to breed 8,192 Nincada, although I might change my mind if I end up getting shiny Whismur, Zigzagoon, Taillow, and Skitty!

I'm continuing my Nincada hunt after nearly 15 months because not only does it count for my Ghost Quest, but you get two shinies in one!! :cer_laugh:

If the clock has stopped, it is no longer possible to obtain shinies by soft resetting. With the clock stopped, SRing in Ruby/Sapphire works exactly like SRing in Emerald.
Though, Ruby/Sapphire can be RE'd in perfectly fine with a dry battery. If you want some help replacing your battery I did mine last week so just shoot me a PM or something
But if it starts working like Emerald after the internal battery dries up, doesn't that bring in the shiny frames and whatnot? I know that REing is fine with shiny frames since it's almost impossible to time your REs exactly so you'll always be on a different frame after each time you turn on the game, but that would mean that any shiny after your first one post-dead battery would be an RNG clone.

*wants to be able to get multiple shinies on Ruby*

Spoiler:
shiny Yamask
Congrats!!!

I did the shiny FAQ. Here it is, feel free to put it in (one of) the first post(s).

Spoiler:
Shiny FAQ:

Q: What are shiny Pokemon?

A: Shiny Pokemon are simply Pokemon colored differently which have a 1/8192 chance of appearing anywhere a wild Pokemon can be obtained from Generation II on. The difference may
be barely noticeable, or drastic.

Q: In what games do shiny Pokemon appear in?

A: Shiny Pokemon have a 1/8192 chance of appearing in any game other than Pokemon Red, Blue, Green, and Yellow. Note that they do appear in Red and
Green’s remakes, FireRed and LeafGreen.

Q: Are shiny Pokemon more powerful than normal Pokemon?

A: No. Shiny Pokemon have the exact same stats as a normal Pokemon.

A: Yes. Starting in Generation IV, the Masuda method, used by putting two Pokemon from a different language game into the day-care and breeding them, obviously included as an extra incentive to use the GTS, will increase the odds to 1/1639 in Generation IV, and 1/1366 in Generation V. Note that to do this the two Pokemon can NOT be from the same foreign language, nor can any one of them be from an in-game trade.

method detailed above.

Q: Does a dry internal battery in Ruby and Sapphire affect shiny Pokemon?

A: Yes. If you get the message “The internal battery has run dry. The game can be played, but clock-based events will no longer occur” when starting your game, you can no longer obtain shinies by soft resetting the game. You can still obtain shinies by encountering, however.

Q: What is the supposed “Broken RNG” in Pokemon Emerald?

Essentially, The RNG in Emerald is set from the beginning of when you start your game, so you'd have to pick a whole new character, ID number, etc. each time you reset because the sole factor in the RNG calculation is amount of time since you turned on your game. You'll see a certain set of characteristics (shinyness, nature, etc.) for every Pokemon you see 1 second after turning on the game, another for every Pokemon you see 2 seconds after you turn on the game, etc. This means that it's possible to hunt in Emerald in the wild as long as you leave your game plugged in and just run around in the grass endlessly.

FAQ by ShinySearcher01.
Emerald RNG section by G-Money.

Enjoy, if you want to edit it, just ask for my permission first please.
Thanks for the FAQ! It's been added to the first post, along with Latios Master's additions.

Your GenIV shiny rate brings back a discussion that I thought had ended a long time ago, haha. The "accepted" rate was 1/2048 and that's what everyone always said, although for a time I questioned that and tried to prove it wrong. I conducted a brief survey of MM hunts and the results of about 70 hunts were 1/587. Now that's a pretty small sample size and it doesn't include unfinished hunts or times when people gave up, so the number should be much higher. But I thought it was interesting that after 70 hunts, the number was so low. There were a couple of other interesting things about it, like:

13.43% of hunts produced a shiny within 10 eggs, and 37.31% produced a shiny within 100 eggs. Only 9 of the 67 hunts took longer than the assumed average.
Maybe the rate really is 1/1639 instead of 1/2048. I really don't know, and different sources give different answers. I'd tend to lean towards the better chances, but 1/2048 is still the accepted and widely held number.

Also, I made myself a shiny animated signature, I know it's bad but still:
Cool banner!

After realizing how crooked that one was, I made a more decent one with just the icons, and it worked too XD

Not cool. Stealing people's work is not okay, and there have been some pretty big issues in the past with people stealing artwork without permission. I know I told you how to make one, but I never gave you permission to use my idea. Your first one was fine since it was distinctly different (ie., it used sprites instead of icons and had capture info underneath), but this one is practically a direct copy of mine.

Now I don't mind you using my banner idea (I'm actually quite flattered that someone thought it was good enough to be worth stealing) and I would've given you permission if you asked first. You can keep using it, but please make sure you ask from now on before taking someone's idea or artwork.

Anyone who wants to use the banner design is welcome to. *grants general permission*

I am defo up for a race. Gives me more motivation.
Sweet! Good luck! (Also, 34 shinies from a chain is ridiculously awesome, "lol!")

Quote originally posted by Arceus Whisper:
Wow I haven't posted here in forever...
Welcome back, Arceus Whisper!

So, I'm on youtube, like many others, and I make videos of my shinies. A cool idea on there is that before a person announces there shiny's nature, they'll get people to do "nature guesses", which is pretty self-explanatory.
Whatcha think?
I'll ask you guys to guess when I get my shiny something or other ;3
Sure, we could guess the Natures! *hopes TSE gets 30 shinies really soon so G-Money has a good chance at guessing the right Nature at least once*

Attachment 64218

dex data:

Attachment 64219

Congratulations, Chr.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111 Giratina is one of the best shinies! :cer_smile:

I finally gave up on Viridian Forest
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't give up!!

Path of the Dragon: 2/7
Path of the Ghost: 8/18
Path of the Starter: 10/18
Old April 22nd, 2012 (05:42 AM).
Arceus Whisper
Shiny Hunter

Nature: Lax
Well since Ho-oh soft resets are starting to bore me (not gonna quit don't worry) and axew eggs take forever to hatch I've picked my Route 18 hunt back up, I am also gonna hunt tyrogue when its swarming, which it hasn't yet =(
Anyway speaking of my hunts
My Hunts:
Ho-oh - 5400 SRs
Axew - 50 Eggs
Route 18 - 70 REs
All you can find on Route 18 (by fishing) are Finneon, Horsea, and Chinchou and I would be happy with any of them =)
Anyway good luck on all your hunts

3DS FC: 5284-2430-5346
Old April 22nd, 2012 (03:49 PM).
Razer302
Three Days Grace - Break

Still trying to get that dam illusive Spiritomb. Doing on average 500 SR a day and it still won't show. Might take a slight break to play a game I bought recently though and hope my luck shines when I come back to it.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links