Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs
Reload this Page ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old June 17th, 2012 (04:19 PM).
Doctor Lobotomy
Crystal Tier

Congratulations to everyone on their shinies!
Once again every is having way more luck than I, Ryker you got really lucky getting regice so quickly after regirock ~yay~.
My hunts are going badly.. Still nothing shining for me and I really want to get started on a play through of black. Someone motivate me to continue till Snivy shines!!!
Old June 17th, 2012 (10:10 PM).
Dragon Power

Nature: Jolly
Hello everyone and welcome to all new members.

It's been a long time since I posted a hunt here, which is currently snivy, I'm doing it by normal hatching, don't know the numbers of eggs, I prefer to count the amount of days that has passed. I have other hunts in mind, but currently I'm only hunting in black. Maybe I'll start playing white again and advance in the storyline. I already evolved my shiny tepig into emboar, and it looks great, also changed it's name.
Well I think that's all for now, cya later and happy hunting.

Egg Swap has returned for GT12! Join us now and get swapping!
Extreme Speed Swaps
Old June 19th, 2012 (02:50 PM). Edited June 19th, 2012 by Keruso.

i dont remember if i had said this last time, but in Emerald (where im currently hunting as i found me my shiny Minun) i decided to cancel my hunt for Smeargle and search for him on a later date (if i was still hunting, this may have been him) and move on for now. well, ive been hunting here for a few weeks (i only hunt on third gen Emerald on Tuesdays as i have a 4.5 hour class and i take HeartGold with me to play when we have breaks, and LeafGreen on Wednesdays and Sundays). today, i've only been hunting for about an hour and a half before she actually showed up. the way this GBA is, for some Pokes, i keep seeing the shiny sprites as they roll by, which annoys me.............. anyway, im now in Route 111's desert, hoping for Trapinch

kinda dead here, isnt it?

Edit:

about a half hour later, this shows up. as you can see, it's not a clone of Minun..........uh.....not much to say. two is my lucky number of shinies in a day. would be extremely rare for me if i got three.

now im gonna try my luck in Fiery Path
Old June 19th, 2012 (10:39 PM).
11 Year PC Member

Nature: Adamant
Congrats on the shiny Minun and Sandshrew, Keruso!

I have more holes in my Pokédex than I thought, so it will be awhile longer until I return to MMing. I thought I was done transferring gen 4 Pokémon a long time ago, but I after I finished gen 3, I noticed several spots I missed in gen 4, from Chatot to the legendaries.
Old June 20th, 2012 (01:31 PM).
Shiny Hunter

Nature: Lax
Went to gamestop and picked up a used Diamond version to add to my White, Heartgold and Leafgreen. My next major goal (besides getting more shinies =D) is to replace the battery in my Ruby so I have 5 games to hunt on. I'm planning on getting Dialga, Uxie, Azelf, Mesprit, Cresselia and Giratina at least plus chaining which I haven't been able to do on account of me not having a sinnoh based game
My Hunts
Ho-oh - 8932 SRs
Gulpin - 293 MMs
Viridian Forest - 260 REs

3DS FC: 5284-2430-5346
Old June 21st, 2012 (09:32 AM).
Follow no false light.
Crystal Tier

Haven't been here in a while (due to loss of interest in hunting, and then no luck)

So I was grinding on my nuzlocke run of sapphire when a shiny machop appeared! I broke the rules to catch it and named him Haru. Finally my drought has been broken! The thing is, my last shiny was a machop on sapphire too. Weird lol.

Congrats to everyone on whatever they've caught!
Old June 24th, 2012 (11:51 AM).
11 Year PC Member

This week's random hunt is... the Normal-type!

I'm done transferring Pokémon to White. I've been spending a lot of time trying to find evolution stones in dust clouds to finish off most of the remaining holes in my Pokédex. I MMed a couple of Pokémon, Litwick and Smoochum (for Pokédex) yesterday. I've also spent a lot of time in the sports dome battling to get money to buy Max Repels. I've been battling a lot of Excadrills in the process of getting the stones, so that's a possible shiny that could pop up, just like Audino last year.
Old June 24th, 2012 (08:02 PM).
GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DDD'SSCEPTILE
Man. This place isn't as buzzing as I thought it would be.

I've tried hunting a few times since I was last here, but if I had something to report, I'd say so, except for that shiny Tentacool I got last year (I think?).

However, the new games BW2 have definitely grabbed my interest finally, and there's a few new things that they bring to the table. I'll put what it is in spoiler tags if you don't want to find out, but I'll only be bare-bonesing it so you might want to take a look.

Spoiler:

First of all, there's 2 'set' shiny Pokemon in this game, like the red Gyarados. They are both ownable. The first is a shiny Haxorus at Lv. 60 that you have to battle to catch, and the other is a shiny Gible you can obtain after doing certain events.

But here's the big one:
There's an item you can get call the Shiny/Shining Charm. It supposedly increases the chance of encountering Shiny Pokemon.
But it is, by far, no easy means to get. You have to complete the National Dex to get it. Whether this means seeing them or actually owning all the Pokemon I'm not sure yet, and how much it changes the odds I'm not sure yet either. I want to know if it's stackable on the Masuda Method.
At first I thought it would be a Held Item, but turns out it's apparently a Key Item...?
This would be a major reward for those who have all the Pokemon.

Other than that, I haven't been hunting. Too much other stuff going on and when I've been playing games it's been Tales of Symphonia lately.
Old June 25th, 2012 (06:22 PM).
:^)

Nature: Lonely
Wow, surprised to see this still here... haha... Well, I dunno if any of y'all remember me, but if you do, I love you. If you don't. Hi. And I still love you. But yeah. I'm back into this charming little game. I've actually been playing it a lot lately and have been shiny hunting again for a while now but haven't gotten anything even though I've been into it again for at least a month. Right now, I'm mainly going for Dialga because I haven't had a chance to use the other DS in my house to go for either Kyurem or a shiny HGSS starter. I'm also saved in front of Articuno in LeafGreen but haven't touched that for quite some time. Whatevs. So how've y'all been?
Old June 26th, 2012 (05:17 AM).
Three Days Grace - Break

Nature: Quiet
So I was looking at new info on Black and White 2 and came across the shiny charm.

The item will increase the odds of finding a shiny to 1/2,370 and with masuda breeding 1/1,024. Not sure on everyone elses opinions but it looks like shinys just became easy again. Although to get the item you have to heave seen every pokemon in the national dex which is no easy feet. Just though I would inform you all.

Still no spiritomb :(
Old June 26th, 2012 (05:52 AM).
Life hurts, and so do I

Nature: Timid
Quote originally posted by Razer302:
So I was looking at new info on Black and White 2 and came across the shiny charm.

The item will increase the odds of finding a shiny to 1/2,370 and with masuda breeding 1/1,024. Not sure on everyone elses opinions but it looks like shinys just became easy again. Although to get the item you have to heave seen every pokemon in the national dex which is no easy feet. Just though I would inform you all.

Still no spiritomb
Shiny charm? Sounds like my kind of item. I probably wouldn't run into one anyway, but a bit of increase in odds couldn't hurt.

As for my current hunts, I don't seem to be having any luck *looks jealously at Keruso*
Old June 26th, 2012 (07:56 AM).

Honestly, I'm not too fond of the shiny charm. I'll probably use it in one of the two games, if I ever get my hands on it, but I'm going to purposefully leave it alone in the other one. I think it's far cooler to get a shiny with the full 1/8,192 odds than anything else. Don't get me wrong, they're still not easy to get by any means, but I just like getting shinies without having anything to assist me. However, I was wondering, has there been any talk of the prevention of shinies in these two games? I really want to be able to get a shiny Zekrom/Reshiram, so they damn well better have removed the block.
Old June 26th, 2012 (01:38 PM).
Shiny Fanatic

Nature: Sassy
Quote originally posted by Le Krome:
Honestly, I'm not too fond of the shiny charm. I'll probably use it in one of the two games, if I ever get my hands on it, but I'm going to purposefully leave it alone in the other one. I think it's far cooler to get a shiny with the full 1/8,192 odds than anything else. Don't get me wrong, they're still not easy to get by any means, but I just like getting shinies without having anything to assist me. However, I was wondering, has there been any talk of the prevention of shinies in these two games? I really want to be able to get a shiny Zekrom/Reshiram, so they damn well better have removed the block.
I completely agree with you about the shiny charm. For me, it kind of cheapens shinies... but since I never have (and probably never will) completed the national dex in any game it probably won't be an issue for me >.<

Also, to answer your question... apparently Smogon confirmed that Reshiram/Zekrom cannot be shiny =,( Kyurem can (supposedly) be shiny, though, so THEORETICALLY Black/White Kyurem can be shiny as well. But I don't think that's been confirmed yet.

Anyway, I haven't been on here in a couple of weeks because I haven't had any new shinies to report. I'm at about 1200 eggs between Ponyta and Blitzle, and I'm still SRing Piplup, Snivy, and Registeel as well. Pokemon Tower has been put off for now, I'll probably focus on it more once Piplup or Snivy shines. Hopefully something will shine for me or somebody else here soon, so good luck to you all on your hunts!

Oh, and congrats to Keruso on Minun and Sandshrew. Hopefully you get something good in Fiery Path =)
Old June 27th, 2012 (03:41 AM).
Dragon Power

In my opinion, I see the shining charm as a thank you gift from gamefreak to all the players who have dedicated time to play the game and complete the pokedex, it's also a prize to reward the player's effort and make the player enjoy more the game.
I'm sure the creation of the item was because of the low probabilities of encountering/catching a shiny and because there are people who hunt these pokemon, after all there are people who like shiny pokemon for many different reasons, and that led to the creation of different shiny pokemon clubs like this one.

Well it's just my opinion.

By the way, congrats to all new catches.

Cya everyone and happy hunting.

Egg Swap has returned for GT12! Join us now and get swapping!
Extreme Speed Swaps
Old June 27th, 2012 (05:00 PM).
11 Year PC Member

Welcome back, Le Krome! I don't remember you, sorry.

I'm fine with the addition of the charm. It makes it easier, but it's still not easy, and it's hard to get. It's unlikely that I will ever see every Pokémon in the Pokédex, so it's unlikely that I'll ever get it.

Litwick: 2,790
Old June 29th, 2012 (02:41 AM).
Villain

Nature: Hasty
I would like to join in this club.

Obtained Shinies

Magikarp:
Spoiler:

Currently Hunting: Shiny Tepig in Nuvema Town

Currently Playing: Pokemon X | 3DS Friend Code: 4313-1107-3365
(PM me with your Friend Code and tell me if you have added me)
Old June 30th, 2012 (04:06 PM).
Shiny Hunter

Nature: Lax
Im back from vacation (again) as usual
My Hunts:
Ho-oh - 9113 SRs
Gulpin - 300 MMs
Viridian Forest - 260 REs
And about the whole Shiny Charm thing this is the only thing I'm gonna say about it... if you don't like it (like me and several others it appears) you don't have to use it you can still hunt shinies like we have been and it will all be the same.

3DS FC: 5284-2430-5346
Old July 1st, 2012 (06:31 PM).
11 Year PC Member

Welcome to the club, Raichupacabra!

This week's random hunt is... Tyrogue!
Old July 1st, 2012 (07:23 PM).
Polychromatic Iridescence

*drops in for monthly post*

*doesn't read posts mentioning BW2*

Not much new for me. I'm (still!) training a Kingdra to level 100 for my 4th gen competitive team hoping to find a shiny in Mt. Silver, and I encountered a negligible amount of Golett in Dragonspiral Tower.

It's a new month, and you know what that means!!

The July Monthly Quest!!

To complete this Quest, you must obtain one Fire-type shiny and one Water-type shiny. Get that Water shiny to cool you off during these hot summer months!

The shinies must be obtained by yourself in an Advanced generation game (or newer), and no chaining or hacking is allowed. Good luck! The contest lasts until midnight EDT on August 1st, 2012.

Spoiler:
Quote originally posted by Keruso:
Bellsprout
Quote originally posted by rykerr1:
Regirock
Quote originally posted by Chr. Draco:
Attachment 64791

And with this I complete all the shiny starters in the unova region.
Quote originally posted by rykerr1:
Regice
Minun

about a half hour later, this shows up
Quote originally posted by GolurkIsDaBomb:
machop

Congrats!

An extra congrats to Chr. Draco for completing the Unova starter set!

"lol" at Keruso getting two shinies in the same post! :cer_laugh:

Spoiler:
Quote originally posted by jerichob10:
Hi everyone!! i would like to become part of the club :D i have been hunting shinys for a while and unfortunatly havent gotten any yet but i am planning on making a jackpot on shinys :D hope to see all of you on here soon

Jericho
Quote originally posted by .Rai_Chu.:
Hi Everyone! I was hoping to be able to join this Shiny Hunting Club! :D I currently have 8 Shinies, but I don't count the chained and traded ones. My shiny card is currently in my Signature. I caught my shiny "Happy" (Caterpie) last night actually. I am hoping to get a ton of more shinies starting with Dialga....YOU WILL BE MINE D:<
Quote originally posted by Raichupacabra:
I would like to join in this club.

Obtained Shinies

Magikarp:
Spoiler:

Currently Hunting: Shiny Tepig in Nuvema Town

Welcome to the SHC! I wish the best of luck in your hunts!

Quote originally posted by Le Krome:
Wow, surprised to see this still here... haha... Well, I dunno if any of y'all remember me, but if you do, I love you. If you don't. Hi. And I still love you. But yeah. I'm back into this charming little game. I've actually been playing it a lot lately and have been shiny hunting again for a while now but haven't gotten anything even though I've been into it again for at least a month. Right now, I'm mainly going for Dialga because I haven't had a chance to use the other DS in my house to go for either Kyurem or a shiny HGSS starter. I'm also saved in front of Articuno in LeafGreen but haven't touched that for quite some time. Whatevs. So how've y'all been?
Welcome back!

Quote originally posted by CarefulWetPaint:
Someone motivate me to continue till Snivy shines!!!
I love your FMA theme! Go for a Fire-type in honor of Roy Mustang!

It counts for the monthly quest, too!

Path of the Dragon: 2/7
Path of the Ghost: 11/18
Path of the Starter: 10/18
Old July 1st, 2012 (07:33 PM). Edited July 1st, 2012 by NightOfRemorse.
my anxieties have anxieties

Quote originally posted by G-Money:
To complete this Quest, you must obtain one Fire-type shiny
Well awesome, I've done that part! :D I have gotten this on the 2,317th soft reset:
Spoiler:

I used a master ball cause I completely freaked out :P And yes, I love not saying what shiny it is and making you have to open the spoilers. Lol. Sorry for not including a picture of the initial encounter, I wasn't home at the time and I only got a really blurry picture of it in my phone (shaky car pictures ftw). I named it "Arco Iris" which is Spanish for "Rainbow".
I stay away
Old July 1st, 2012 (09:28 PM).

Quote originally posted by NightOfRemorse:
Well awesome, I've done that part! :D I have gotten this on the 2,317th soft reset:
Spoiler:

I used a master ball cause I completely freaked out :P And yes, I love not saying what shiny it is and making you have to open the spoilers. Lol. Sorry for not including a picture of the initial encounter, I wasn't home at the time and I only got a really blurry picture of it in my phone (shaky car pictures ftw). I named it "Arco Iris" which is Spanish for "Rainbow".
All my grats b/c I love that shiny.

Eh, I suppose if you're gonna have a contest that includes two of the three starter types I might as well be EZmode scum and switch back to the Johto Starters in HG/SS. I wouldn't be surprised if I got Chikorita though, because a) Why would I get the type that the contest calls for b) why wouldn't I get the one shiny starter I had before again and c) why wouldn't I get my least favorite of the three? tl;dr, I want a shiny soon.
Old July 2nd, 2012 (01:26 PM).

Found this last night, but my phone was having an issue with sending to Photobucket, which i then fixed

FINALLY!!!! Now i dont have to see Chargestone cave for a while...... I really wanted Tynamo, but i'll take Joltik. i already moved to Route 10, hoping for either Bouffalant or Rufflet
Old July 2nd, 2012 (09:05 PM).
Three Days Grace - Break

Nature: Quiet
I swear keruso is either lucky or a complete hardcore hunter.

Nothing new here... Driving me mad. Spiritomb is just never going to shine.
Old July 2nd, 2012 (09:17 PM).
Life hurts, and so do I

Nature: Timid

Found this last night, but my phone was having an issue with sending to Photobucket, which i then fixed

FINALLY!!!! Now i dont have to see Chargestone cave for a while...... I really wanted Tynamo, but i'll take Joltik. i already moved to Route 10, hoping for either Bouffalant or Rufflet
Are you freaking kidding me?

Bulbasaur is currently on 580 MM.
30 Litwick MM, but I've put it on hold.
Almost a year of SRing the Johto starters. I've decided to MM a team for SoulSilver until it shows. Anyone suggest a good Fire or Electric shiny?
Old July 3rd, 2012 (06:23 PM).

Congrats on the shiny Joltik!

I am further being scum by switching from Articuno to Moltres in LeafGreen. Although I was wondering - how exactly does the RNG on FR/LG work? There's no clock you set like in Ruby or Sapphire, and I know it starts once you hit A/Start on Charizard/Venosaur, but I'm not sure as to how it exactly works. Does it repeat frames or if I just constantly press B to skip history then mash A for the encounter will I be good? I don't want to do what some people did in Emerald by constantly trying to get a shiny with no such luck, so yeah...
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)