The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 3rd, 2012, 07:09 PM
midnightclub 324
Beginning Trainer

Advertise here
I just beat the 1st elite four and wanted a shiny charmander. But i went to the G.T.S and couldn't find any shinies. I have found one legit shiny but forgot to save. I do not have any shinies and not really anything to trade, but I really want a shiny charmander please help me. Thank you.
Old July 4th, 2012, 08:02 AM
Lady Demoonica Darkmoon
Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner

Nature: Adamant
Freedom! Hello welcome back my missing power because of storm.

I admit no news on the shiny front, three days with no power to cause distractions... and of course I hadn't charged up my DS and couldn't even play that. *sighs*

Welcome to new people, did we get any... I hope so.

Congrats on every-ones new shinies... and on a side note, gah, that Joltic is so cute! *coughs*

Going to toss in my opinion of the Shiny Charm on B2/W2, I agree that it takes a great deal of work to even get it onto your game (though if it were available on B/W then I'd have it on Black already) I will be getting the item (oh the pain of all that transferring again...augh) on one copy, and use it... I still haven't seen any shiny on the 5th gen games. I might finally get the Litwik once I have the Charm. Because really 100% chance of encounters... and still no shiny.

Have a happy 4th to all who are celebrating!

- - - LDD

Shiny Litwik hunt OVER! (sorry don't own a camera)

Male
Hardy nature
Hatched (thank you Matsuda method)

Demoonica's Fan Fiction
Co-Owner of the Shiny Hunters Club

Last edited by Lady Demoonica Darkmoon; July 4th, 2012 at 09:26 AM.
Old July 4th, 2012, 01:34 PM
Latios Master
11 Year PC Member

Happy 4th of July to my fellow Americans!

Congrats on the shiny Joltik, Keruso!

Congrats on the shiny Litwick, Lady Demoonica Darkmoon!

Welcome to the club, midnightclub 324!

I finally beat the Elite 4 (post story) on White after 700 hours of gameplay. It took me a long time to get around to it. I have three level 100 Pokémon on my team, so it was easy. As for my Pokédex, I only have two more Pokémon I plan on adding to it, hatching an Azurill and using a Thunderstone to get Eelektross. I have to clear space in the PC to MM again.
Old July 7th, 2012, 07:18 PM
Hooh54
Perhaps it is over.

Nature: Sassy
Oh my god, I used to be in this club ages ago when dinosaurs walked the earth. Guess I should rejoin.

I own no shinies but the Pidgey I found on a ROM whom I forgot to save the game with. I'm currently hunting Cobalion and Suicune, both whom have over 100 SR's.

Shining charm looks awesome.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old July 8th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Latios Master
11 Year PC Member

Welcome back to the club, Hooh54!

This week's random hunt is... the Flying-type!
Old July 8th, 2012, 11:28 AM
Hooh54
Perhaps it is over.

Flying type hunt? I better finish up Suicune and get on to Articuno/Zapdos.

[imghttp://oi45.tinypic.com/29vxlx0.jpg][/img]

This is really cool. In Japan, they're making shiny plush of the Unova starters. Only 1000 of each will be made. The Snivy is so cute!

Flying type hunt? I better finish up Suicune and get on to Articuno/Zapdos.

This is really cool. In Japan, they're making shiny plush of the Unova starters. Only 1000 of each will be made. The Snivy is so cute!

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.

Last edited by Hooh54; July 8th, 2012 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old July 10th, 2012, 09:12 PM
Ninjagon
Back from a break.

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Ninjagon
I'm sorry that i haven't been on in a while but i was on vacation for two weeks. I found the shiny deino after 7,789 RE's. I'll try to be more active.

There aren't many Lions left in the world now, yet poachers still exist. Even though it is illegal it still happens. Don't have anything to do with poaching - Take pride in your actions (pun intended)
Old July 11th, 2012, 08:02 AM
rykerr1
Shiny Fanatic

I'm sorry that I haven't been active on here lately, but that's been because I haven't had any shinies. I'm happy to report that that has changed:

I got a shiny Piplup in my Platinum game today after 10.5 MONTHS of SRing (I started this hunt in August 2011). Unbelievable, I'm still freaking out about this! He has a Bashful nature and I'm naming him Napoleon. This is officially my longest hunt ever!

More pictures:
Spoiler:

I will be moving on to SR Giratina next.

As for my other hunts, I'm at 6.5 months of SRing for Snivy in Black (hoping he'll take a hint to HURRY UP from Piplup), 1 month of SRing for Registeel in Sapphire, 1199 Ponyta eggs and 1192 Blitzle eggs in White, and about 3 months of REing in Pokemon Tower for my LeafGreen badge quest (though that is a low priority right now).

Congrats on all of the shinies that have been posted since I was here last, and good luck to all of you on your hunts!
Old July 11th, 2012, 05:57 PM
Hooh54
Perhaps it is over.

Napoleon is a gorgeous shiny : D Piplup is one of my favorite shinies, I actually plan to hunt for him once I get my planned hunts over with.

Planned hunts/In progress:

Shiny sprites courtesy of Pokecheck.

Spoiler:

- 754 RE's.

- 2,346 SR's

one day, i will finish the list.

Old July 13th, 2012, 06:32 AM
Ninjagon
Back from a break.

HOLY CRAP GUYS!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG! I just started my hunt for Ho-oh on Soul Silver, and after only 55 SR's! IT BECAME SHINY!!!! I CAUGHT SOME SCREENSHOTS, WILL POST THEM TOMORROW! I AM SO HAPPY!! 10 Mins hunt! (sprite courtesy of pokecheck) That covers the fire bit of the monthly hunt!!!! SO HAPPY :D :D I also thought because it was early the sparkles weren't real xD but i caught it, like i said before i'll post screenies :D.
EDIT: Current Hunts
- Cobalion (68 SR's)
- Piplup (5 SR's)

I still can't get over the fact i found this shiny, i'm still freaking out lol

Double Edit:
@Arceus Whisper you can get Ho-oh! Good Luck!
Why is everyone (including me) getting Ho-oh this month?
Screenshots
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012-07-13 23.24.34.jpg‎ (101.1 KB, 6 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: jpg HNI_0004.JPG‎ (81.7 KB, 6 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: jpg HNI_0005.JPG‎ (83.3 KB, 4 views) (Save to Dropbox)

There aren't many Lions left in the world now, yet poachers still exist. Even though it is illegal it still happens. Don't have anything to do with poaching - Take pride in your actions (pun intended)

Last edited by Ninjagon; July 13th, 2012 at 10:45 PM. Reason: update
Old July 13th, 2012, 03:57 PM
Necrum
Scourge of the Mushroom Kingdom!

I have decided to take up shiny hunting. I currently own a shiny Ralts, a shiny Metang, and of course multiple shiny Gyarodos (But so does everyone else). I have never encountered a shiny myself, with the exception of Gyarodos, and have only obtained shinies through trade. I am currently attempting my first Masuda Method shiny buy breeding tons of Charmander. If any of you have any shiny hunting tips, they would be much appreciated. I have been extremely unlucky when it comes to shinies as I have played pokemon since 2nd gen came out and never encountered a single shiny, and I'm fed up with it. But I refuse to RNG abuse the game. It's cheap and destroys the value of shiny pokemon. Hence my new quest.

EDIT: I also have the event shiny dogs...

Last edited by Necrum; July 13th, 2012 at 04:06 PM.
Old July 15th, 2012, 07:39 PM
THEEEVEENATOR999
Beginning Trainer

hello i have decided to take up shiny hunting im barely starting today and does anybody have any tips for a rookie
Old July 15th, 2012, 08:52 PM
Latios Master
11 Year PC Member

Congrats on the shiny Deino and Ho-oh, Ninjagon!

Congrats on the shiny Piplup, rykerr1!

Welcome to the club, NecrumWarrior and THEEEVEENATOR999!

The best tip I can give is... be patient! You may feel like a Pokémon will never shine after weeks of hunting, but don't give up. If a hunt is not going well, take a break or switch to something else for awhile. My Litwick hunt has lasted over a year (since April or May of last year) and I have taken many breaks and switched to many different hunts for awhile to keep things fresh. One hunt I switched to during the winter landed me a shiny Eevee.

This week's random hunt is... Cranidos!
Old July 15th, 2012, 09:13 PM
Munchlax11
Munch?

Nature: Serious
I'd like to join..
I've caught a few shinies.
I have:
Golem(Diamond)
Tyranitar(Firered)
Bellossom(Emerald)
Dunsparce(Diamond pokeradar)
Zigzagoon(Emerald)
Chatot(Diamond)
Currently I'm trying to get a shiny Zorua through the Masuda method (Im at like 150 hatched eggs so far) in my white and in diamond I'm looking for a Phanpy with the pokeradar.

|Ever Grande City Forums|My Profile|PM|Pokemoon Chatbox

Pokemon X
3DS FC: 2852-7439-1811
(VM if you add)
Old July 15th, 2012, 09:18 PM
Latios Master
11 Year PC Member

Welcome to the club, Munchlax11!

It's great to see several new members join. It's been pretty dead in here this month.
Old July 15th, 2012, 09:36 PM
Ninjagon
Back from a break.

True dat Latios and thx for the congratz . I haven't been hunting much lately...
EDIT: You can get your Litwick, Latios. I hope my luck rubs off on you .

Current Hunts
Cobalion - 964 SR's
Piplup - 5 (I haven't done anything there lol, it takes way too long to just get the starter, even if you save just before the lake).

Old July 16th, 2012, 09:05 AM
TheShinyEevee
ShinyHunter Before it was Cool

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to TheShinyEevee
Long time no see!

I haven't hunted since whenever I last replied. Strangely enough, I lose motivation most after I recieve a shiny. What kind of logic is that? I guess I like the big numbers :D

Anywho, I don't know when I'll be back into hunting. I'm working hard on RNG abuse (sorry) and EV training for a present for one of my friends

If I get back into hunting during my summer break (I break up this Friday :D) then I will be certain to regularly post again. Anyway, congrats on any shinies I've happened to miss, and good luck to hunters, new and old!

3DS FC: 1032-1814-9041
уσυтυвє | ѕнιηу нυηтєя'ѕ ¢υв | тυмвя

Keep your head up...
Keep your heart strong.
Old July 16th, 2012, 12:32 PM
Le Krome
Hi iM sPeNcEr

Nature: Lonely
Congrats on all new shinies yeh yeh. I haven't hunted since my last post either, I've been working a lot and have been replaying the Kingdom Hearts series because Dream Drop Distance comes out at the end of the month! I'm about to start hunting again though, just to try and get one shiny before DDD comes out, because once it's out that's the only thing I'm focusing on for quite some time!
Old July 16th, 2012, 01:26 PM
rykerr1
Shiny Fanatic

Hey everyone, I have another shiny to report!

I got to Giratina Saturday night (currently at 960 ish SRs) and have been hunting it obsessively. However, today I felt bad that I've been neglecting Registeel this week so I decided to hunt that as well. 3 or 4 hours later, it shone!

It has a Careful nature, which is perfect for it and makes up for Modest Regirock, though its IVs are only so-so. I named it Liberty =)

I'll be going to Meteor Falls to level up my team in preparation for Rayquaza and to hunt Bagon. Hopefully I get one and not a Golbat.

Congrats to Ninjagon on your Ho-Oh, and good luck to everyone on your hunts!
Old July 16th, 2012, 07:03 PM
Necrum
Scourge of the Mushroom Kingdom!

Thanks guys, and thanks for the advice, it was good. I can sometimes be impatient so its good to have that virtue driven into my skull. I'm mostly using the lull before and after work to hunt since I don't really do anything else. I hope that shiny Charizard is worth it.
Old July 16th, 2012, 08:09 PM
G-Money
Polychromatic Iridescence

Nature: Jolly
I haven't been explicitly shiny hunting lately, but hopefully I'll end up with a shiny anyways.

*Long, nonsensical rambling only peripherally related to shinies:*

Spoiler:
I recently decided to start making a competitive 5th gen team, so I started hatching Deino eggs to make a competitive Hydreigon. I wanted it to have Dark Pulse, but it's an egg move only and requires a 4th gen TM. I taught Dark Pulse to an Arbok in SS and sent it up, and then I caught a male and female Deino in Victory Road.

After hatching for a while, I realized that the hatchlings didn't have Dark Pulse. Sure enough, the Arbok from SS was female, and TM egg moves are only passed down by males.

*facepalm*

So I found a male Arbok in Diamond and transferred it up, proceeding to hatch until I found a Modest female so I could Everstone for a 50% chance of passing down the nature. But since this Deino was a hatchling, it would level up rather rapidly in Day Care - to avoid paying exorbitant sums, I leveled it up to about 25.

I then hatched several batches of 5 each (with Volcarona to Flame Body and Fly to Skyarrow Bridge) until I got a Mischievous one. I trained it to level 20 and checked Serebii's IV calculator, and it had a 31 in Sp. Attack! I spent about 5 hours on the Battle Subway to get the points for a Power Lens, but I finally got one so I could pass on Sp. Atk.

After hatching a few more batches, I realized that the new hatchlings weren't getting Mischievous as much as I would expect. Could more than half of these randomly have 31 IVs in other stats?

"lol," no. I forgot to factor in the EVs when calculating the parent's IV, and the mother's Mischievous was actually a 26, haha. I was passing down imperfect stats!! :cer_laugh:

So I took off the Power Lens and hatched many more batches, until finally I had a couple more Mischievous ones. I trained them each to level 25 and checked the online IV calculator again, and I finally managed to get one with a perfect Sp. Attack stat. I used that to replace the father Arbok.

Only after that did I learn that you can check for perfect IVs in the Battle Subway!! *facepalm* I started checking every new hatchling there, looking for one that was Modest and had another flawless stat in addition to Sp. Attack.

I eventually found a female with flawless Speed, and another couple of hours in the Battle Subway got me the Power Anklet to guarantee a perfect Speed stat. Now I could guarantee eggs with two perfect IVs.

...or so I thought. It turns out that you can only pass down one stat with a Power Item, so after a few more batches I swapped the Power Anklet for the Everstone again.

After a couple of days I got one with flawless HP. Since HP is less likely to pass down than Sp. Attack or Speed, I went through the Battle Subway again and managed to get the Power Weight. This took an incredible amount of time because I kept losing due to my not having EV-trained Pokemon, which is the reason I'm going through this whole process!! "lol" once I get my competitively viable Deino, I won't need the Battle Subway anymore for the Power Items.

So now I had guaranteed flawless HP, a 33% chance of flawless Sp. Attack (one flawless parent), and a 33% chance of flawless Speed.

I hatched maybe a hundred more eggs, but I noticed that the hatchlings didn't have Dark Pulse anymore. I had left the father in Day Care so long that it had overwritten the move!! "lol" so I had to take one of the flawed hatchlings that I kept, train it to level 25, and then hatch for the flawless HP again. I finally got it and kept replacing with better Deinos until I reached where I am now: a male with 31s in HP, Defense, and Sp. Attack and a female with 31s in HP, Sp. Attack, and Speed. HP is guaranteed to be flawless and there's a 50% chance of a Modest nature, with a 14% chance of flawless Defense, 33% chance of flawless Sp. Attack and a 20% chance for flawless Speed. I'm probably going to keep hatching until I get one with 4 flawlesses, although if it's not Modest I can put it in Day Care to improve my chances of getting a hatchling with flawlesses in 5 stats.

What does all this have to do with shinies? Well, I haven't been counting eggs, but given all I've done there have probably been at least 500. My chances of getting an outstanding competitive Deino are pretty slim, so hopefully I'll get a shiny in the meantime!

And if I do, it's guaranteed to have a 31 IV in HP!! :cer_laugh:

*end of rambling*

Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightOfRemorse View Post
I named it "Arco Iris" which is Spanish for "Rainbow".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keruso View Post
FINALLY!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Demoonica Darkmoon View Post
Shiny Litwik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjagon View Post
shiny deino
Quote:
Originally Posted by rykerr1 View Post
shiny Piplup
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjagon View Post
SHINY!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rykerr1 View Post
another shiny to report!

Congratulations on all those shinies!!

Also, congrats to LDD on 500 posts in the club!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecrumWarrior View Post
I have decided to take up shiny hunting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEEEVEENATOR999 View Post
hello i have decided to take up shiny hunting im barely starting today
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchlax11 View Post
I'd like to join.
Welcome to the SHC!! May you have the best of luck on all of your hunts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooh54 View Post
I used to be in this club ages ago when dinosaurs walked the earth
"lol," welcome back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinyEevee View Post
Strangely enough, I lose motivation most after I recieve a shiny. What kind of logic is that? I guess I like the big numbers :D
I know exactly how you feel - after I catch a shiny it's like I've accomplished a goal, and I sometimes sit back and get complacent for a while. But the will to hunt always comes back, and the shiny hunter eventually returns to the great passion.

Other times, though, it just feeds my drive to hunt even more and I double my efforts based on the inspiration from the new shiny!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Krome View Post
Although I was wondering - how exactly does the RNG on FR/LG work? There's no clock you set like in Ruby or Sapphire, and I know it starts once you hit A/Start on Charizard/Venosaur, but I'm not sure as to how it exactly works. Does it repeat frames or if I just constantly press B to skip history then mash A for the encounter will I be good? I don't want to do what some people did in Emerald by constantly trying to get a shiny with no such luck, so yeah...
The clock in FR/LG is better than Emerald's, but it's still not set in real time. It's based upon certain events in-game, like steps taken (?) and last save. The consensus seems to be that it's safe to SR in FR/LG, but you should resave every 25-35 SRs to optimize results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecrumWarrior View Post
I hope that shiny Charizard is worth it.
Charizard is quite possibly the coolest-looking shiny ever, up there with Rayquaza and Metagross. Of course it's worth it!!

Path of the Dragon: 2/7
Path of the Ghost: 8/18
Path of the Starter: 10/18
Old July 17th, 2012, 07:18 PM
PekoponTAS
Game Boy Advance Fan

Nature: Naive
Haven't been here in a while. Sort of got burned out on shiny hunting after not encountering anything in Viridian Forest for over 6100 encounters, but I think I'm ready to get back to it. I think I'm going to try and reclaim a bunch of the shinies I used to have, and route 10 in Leafgreen is a good place to start. I could either get my old shiny Voltorb back, or my old shiny spearow. I'd rather do this on FireRed because then I could also have a chance at getting an awesome Shiny Arbok, but I don't have FireRed anymore. Sandshrew would be fine too I guess. Hopefully I will actually come across something this time. : )
Old July 17th, 2012, 11:44 PM
Kleinchen
boldly going

Send a message via AIM to Kleinchen
Hi, I'd like to join! I've always been quite interested in shinies but have only very recently gotten seriously into shiny hunting, and just completed my first major "hunt" the other day - a shiny Growlithe using the Masuda Method, as a gift for my boyfriend's birthday later this month. I was actually quite lucky as I got a shiny after only about 120-150 eggs (didn't keep an exact count, haha)! I definitely intend to keep hunting because I really love shinies, and I've been lurking in this thread on and off for the past week or so I figured I might as well officially join. :)

White: Klein -- 5457 9480 5619
Black 2: Nikolas -- 5244 0858 4656

Old July 18th, 2012, 01:49 PM
Arceus Whisper
Shiny Hunter

Nature: Lax
Glad to see I'm not the only one who "burned out" I haven't hunted in about a month but I picked back up today. I'm also glad to see this place picking back up I noticed this place was kinda empty.
My Hunts
Ho-oh - 9717 SRs
Gulpin - 645 MMs
Viridian Forest - 520 REs
EDIT:

OH YEAH!!!!! SHINY GULPIN AFTER 465 EGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't believe this I just picked back up hunting today. This is my third target for the yearly quest (The Masuda target)
Not much else to say its pretty self explanatory it has bold nature fyi.
I'm not sure what I want to do for the RE portion of the quest. I am SRing Ho-oh for the legendary part of it.

3DS FC: 5284-2430-5346

Last edited by Arceus Whisper; July 18th, 2012 at 08:09 PM.
Old July 18th, 2012, 08:01 PM
Latios Master
11 Year PC Member

Thanks, Ninjagon.

Welcome back, TheShinyEevee and PekoponTAS!

Congrats on the shiny Registeel, rykerr1!

Good luck on Deino, G-Money!

Welcome to the club, Kleinchen!

I haven't hunted for awhile. My computer crashed a week ago, so I've been busy replacing stuff that was lost. Luckily my MM hunts were listed on my iPod, so I was able to type it up on the computer again, but it wasn't up-to-date. I can read my previous updates on here to figure out what the right numbers are.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here