Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs
Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 9th, 2012, 08:25 PM
Arcturus.
Chews nails and spits napalm

Nature: Quiet

Advertise here
i think i'll join this club. i've never really shiny hunted before and i only have one shiny. it's the gyarados you catch in HG but i dont really count that. i'm going to start hunting for a shiny vulpix in pokemon black. wish me luck.
"War.
War never
changes."
CSS|VM/PM|THEME
Old August 10th, 2012, 07:38 AM
DarkBreloom
Wesker Hater

Nature: Serious
I am still hunting for a shiny mareep in Crystal I lost count at 5,672 encounters.

I lost my shiny Emerald pokes due to a bad save battery.
Old August 10th, 2012, 07:57 AM
TheShinyEevee
ShinyHunter Before it was Cool

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to TheShinyEevee
Gee, I reckoned it was about time to catch up with welcome's and congratulations that I've yet to offer. Guess this means a G-Money sized post is coming...

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Just Fufu View Post
*puts shiny hunting cape back on*

Hiatus is over, hopefully. I'm gonna try and approach shiny hunting a totally different way for now. I have fun doing egg hunts; my first target will be Larvitar, assuming I have the resources necessary to breed the way I want to (perfect IVs, suitable nature, egg moves...you guys know how I roll by now :p)

Good luck everyone.
Good luck! Approaching shiny hunting the funnest way possible sounds like a plan. It also sounds better than mine and G's idea some months ago that exerting yourself to the most pain possible while hunting was a good plan. LolxD

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecrumWarrior View Post
Man. Shiny hunting sure requires a lot of patience. I'm about to get back on my hunt for that shiny Charmander now...
Good luck with the Charmander

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyAlex View Post
I wanna join! i dont have any shiny yet but I am going for shiny bulbasaur right now. Just started collecting shinies :D
Lol, hi. Welcome to the club. I'm totally not that weirdo that sent you a VM, don't worry about it. No, seriously, good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rager3 View Post
İ'm not really on a hunt but i've got this feeling that im gonna get a random shiny sometime this week. İ'm EV training in hp for my shiny bayleef already murdered 102 hoothoots. Hes level 25 alredy and i havent even got the first gym badge

Anyway wish me luck with the hoothoots it would be real cool to have a double shiny run
And Shiny Noctowl is just pure awesome. I hope you recieve one in your epic battles through... death and stuff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Money View Post
Path of the Dragon!!

I still haven't finished making a team yet, but I've been reinvigorated in my quest for shinies. I've only gotten one this whole year!! That's more than 8 months!!

*turns shiny hunting mode from Lax to G-Money Mad Hunting Level Delta*

*Sits in corner scared* Must beat G. Higher number. More SRs. NOW.

I was thinking of what I should hunt, and I thought, why not hunt for my favorite shinies? This had never occurred to me before, "lol."

Rayquaza is far and away my favorite shiny: not only does its shiny form look incredible, but it's also a really awesome Pokemon overall. It's not accessible for me right now, though, as I'm still in Professor Elm's lab in HG, "lol." Seeing as I already have shiny Totodile, my path to Rayquaza will be:

Shiny Cyndaquil -> Shiny Chikorita -> Shiny Ho-oh -> Shiny Groudon/Kyogre -> Shiny Kyogre/Groudon -> Shiny Rayquaza!!

I have a lot of work to do to get there, but it'll definitely be worth it and I'll get a heap of the best shinies around on my way. I'm up to 495 Johto starters so far, and Cynaquil and Chikorita are both among my 5 favorite Pokemon.

LOL, good luck with... all of that! You did set yourself a difficult path indeed, but any shiny path is a good one. And one that leads to Rayquaza, no less! Just.. asking/pointing out, do you have SS & HG? 'Cause you have to have a Groudon from SS, and a Kyogre from HG, to get to Rayquaza. The fact that you aren't going for two starters/Lugia made me wonder XP

My second path will be continuing along the Path of the Ghost, as Misdreavus is one of my favorites as well. Going by Axiom 22 I'll hunt it in Pearl (20% in the Lost Tower at night) along with Gastly, but I need to get the starters first before I can get there. :cer_laugh:

I'll also be going for Eevee in FR so I can get the legendaries/TMs and restart FR to SR for Squirtle and Charmander. That's a totally different path, "lol."

Spoiler:

Welcome back! Good luck!

Instead of Skype, why don't you come on over to the Official SHC Chat?

What!? I've never heard of this before. Could you explain a little more, please? I'm interested in hearing about this, "lol." Why wouldn't Cute Charm let you get female shinies?

I don't remember much about it, but I read somewhere that because of the RNG, the odds of cute charm coincide somewhere with the odds of a shiny, and thus cute charm is pretty much reversed. I do believe it was something official I read it from, but you know. Sorry for the horrible explanation xD

Haha, box hunting is one of the best ways to get shinies. You already have it caught, and it can't flee! :cer_laugh: Congrats on finding a shiny Vulpix!!

Welcome back! Congrats on the Chikorita!

Welcome to the SHC! Good luck!

Welcome back! Shiny hunting capes are a great idea. We totally need to get those for everyone!!

Congrats! 13,000 isn't really that high of a number for you, "lol." If it were anyone else, I would have told them that they deserved a shiny and a half for all that effort. :cer_tongue: You should've gone for 50k!

26k if you include Kyurem, Treecko and Zapdos too. It made a little piece of me die inside when I saw that low number )":

I really like your sig, too!

Thanks xD

Welcome to the club, ShinyAlex! I hope you get your shiny Bulbasaur soon and get many more after it.

TSE is ALWAYS right - this does sound ominous! I hope it's good (nonexistent?) news, like finding 10 shinies or something!! :D

Tell me about it!! Seriously, the time it takes SRing for a starter in White is completely absurd. I SRed for Snivy for a bit, and in the time it took me to do one SR, I could do something like 25 Johto starters, "lol." I'm seriously considering not going back and just breeding for them instead. Hopefully BW2 have a faster starter reset time, "lol."

Then again, there's nothing a shiny hunter can't do!! Keep at it, hunter!!

Hurry! Before it runs out!!! Get your shiny as soon as possible!! *rerouts all luck vents towards Jacinth*

P. S. Is the multiquote not working for anyone else? I had to individually quote each message in a new tab and copy/paste them into one post. :/

Obviously Worked for me

EDIT: 888 Johto starters!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjagon View Post
Hey guys, i've been online but not hunting, and i visit this thread every (second?) day, so i know whats been going and all, so i haven't been hunting because i've no targets... i'm thinking that i'll go Groudon on my AWESOME SS file (SHINY HO-OH in 55 SR's!) i'm rather talented at chaining, but thats way too easy. Anyway, congrats to everyone on their shinies!
Welcome back and good luck with Groudon! :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keruso View Post

i figured i may as well post this. I found this little guy a few days ago while in that new chat with G, Arceus Whisper and TSE. I was searching for the space cow and bull, but this guy showed up first. im still searching here for them, and HOPEFULLY i dont get a third Meowth or another Raticate or Farfetch'd (as i have those two already). i wouldnt mind another Magnemite, and definitely wouldnt mind a Snubbull.

more people need to come and chat, so here's the link http://xat.com/PokeCommunityShinyHuntersClub?p=6

i will post, probably in spoilers, the stats of this Meowth and the Staravia when i can
Congrats! (Lol memories of when you had to leave after posting this *Sigh* XD)

Quote:
Finally, after three days of chain breeding, I've got some suitable parents for my Larvitar breeding. Just so you guys have an idea of what I'm working with....

Papa Larvitar: 31/31/x/x/31/x, knows Curse, Rock Slide, Pursuit, and Crunch
Mama Larvitar: 31/31/31/x/31/x knows Rock Slide, Crunch, Earthquake, and Stone Edge and holding the Power Def EV Item

My rationale behind using the Power Def EV Item is this: Mama and Papa Larvitar both have flawless HP, Attack, and Special Defense already. The chances are that the offspring Larvitar will inherit Attack, HP, or Special Defense from one of them...using the Power Def EV Item ensures that I get the maximum number of 31s possible. Also, no Everstone on either parent because neither of them have good natures. I can't be bothered to go to all THAT trouble.

Wish me luck you guys.
That's gonna be one brilliant Larvitar haha xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Element0 View Post
i think i'll join this club. i've never really shiny hunted before and i only have one shiny. it's the gyarados you catch in HG but i dont really count that. i'm going to start hunting for a shiny vulpix in pokemon black. wish me luck.
Good luck! Nintales is one of my favourite shinies

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkBreloom View Post
I am still hunting for a shiny mareep in Crystal I lost count at 5,672 encounters.

Dude that sucks ): Hopefully there are many shinies in store for you in the near future!

My hunts:

Treecko: 8971 SRs
Lugia: 295 SRs

Haven't done much on either of them for the past few days, as I've been working on a drawing. Possibly 5 hours in it so far I'm also thinking about buying a Sapphire and a second SP to help with Treecko, but I'm not sure.

3DS FC: 1032-1814-9041
уσυтυвє | ѕнιηу нυηтєя'ѕ ¢υв | тυмвя

Keep your head up...
Keep your heart strong.
Old August 11th, 2012, 11:30 AM
Arceus Whisper
Shiny Hunter

Nature: Lax
Sorry TSE but I'm gonna have to disagree with you on the whole Cute Charm thing. I was talking to some guys at Smogon who dedicate their existence to understanding the RNG and they said it won't hurt and in some cases it can get the shiny odds up to at most 1/32, because it pins certain values of the PID removing some of the variables that go into deciding things such as Gender, Nature, IV's and Shininess. Note that to get enhanced shiny odds with a cute charmer you need one of the several combinations of TID/SID (This is an over simplified explanation, they took about an hour telling me all about their RNG research they've been doing for months)
Anyway...
My Hunts:
Viridian Forest - 3863 REs
Dialga - 1500 SRs
Unown - 3863 REs
Fossils - 400 revived

3DS FC: 5284-2430-5346
Old August 11th, 2012, 07:02 PM
LucarioGuild7

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arceus Whisper View Post
Sorry TSE but I'm gonna have to disagree with you on the whole Cute Charm thing. I was talking to some guys at Smogon who dedicate their existence to understanding the RNG and they said it won't hurt and in some cases it can get the shiny odds up to at most 1/32, because it pins certain values of the PID removing some of the variables that go into deciding things such as Gender, Nature, IV's and Shininess. Note that to get enhanced shiny odds with a cute charmer you need one of the several combinations of TID/SID (This is an over simplified explanation, they took about an hour telling me all about their RNG research they've been doing for months)
Huh?? i have no idea what you guys are talking about, anywho i havent been really shiny hunting that much, infact not really doing much of anything, but any way i just wanted to make a post to mention im going on week long trip were we will drive pretty much the whole time so i have a week worth of shiny hunting a head of me, sadly i will probably have to RE because ally my jap pokes are in white which wont work but still i might return with good news-LucarioGuild Out...
Join The Guild
---------------
Pokemans!!!
Old August 12th, 2012, 10:01 AM
Latios Master
11 Year PC Member

Nature: Adamant
Congrats on the shiny, Ho-oh, TSE!

Congrats on the shiny Meowth, Keruso!

Welcome to the club, ShinyAlex and Element0!

I'm sorry to hear about your Emerald, DarkBreloom.

Good luck on everyone's hunts!

I'm MMing Elgyem now, along with Litwick and the Nidorans.

Random.org is gone, so I will be discontinuing the random hunt of the week.
Pokémon White Friend Code: 4813 6266 9528
Pokémon Black 2 Friend Code: 1979 7985 3252
Old August 12th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Jacinth
~Darling~

Nature: Docile
Well, shiny Snivy hunt is over at i don't know how many Sr's (I got tired of counting, but it's above 1000.)

And no, I did not get a shiny Snivy.

I guess I accidentally clicked Tepig without noticing, so when I battled Bianca there was a shiny Tepig. At first I was mad it wasn't a Snivy, but oh well. At least I got a shiny.

I'm so freaking happy I don't have to SR on that hellish game anymore. So annoying!

The tepig is Bold; not very good, but I'm sure it could be worse. Anyways, I really don't care; my first SR'd shiny, so hurrah!

I'm hoping to MM for Cubone after I beat the game.
I'M GONE
Old August 12th, 2012, 02:09 PM
Keruso

http://www.random.org/

that doesnt look gone to me
Old August 12th, 2012, 05:27 PM
Arceus Whisper
Shiny Hunter

@ Keruso lol
@ Jacinth Congratz on Shiny Tepig
anyway...
My Hunts:
Viridian Forest - 4585 REs
Dialga - 1500 SRs
Unown - 4250 REs
Fossils - 500 (< this one and dialga will remain as they are until I find either unown or whatever in viridian forest)
My logic behind those is simple. I need a RE shiny to complete the yearly quest so I will actually RE for a shiny, makes sense huh. anyway good luck to you and wish me luck on my hunts =)
EDIT: Oh yeah I found this btw

so yeah after 4585 REs this little fella showed up and with this I have completed the yearly quest *applause*
Here's what I found
1) Obtain a shiny starter (Charmander)
2) Obtain a shiny via encountering (Unown)
3) Obtain a shiny from an egg (Gulpin)
4) Obtain a shiny legendary (Ho-oh)
5) Obtain a shiny Dragon (Axew)

Last edited by Arceus Whisper; August 13th, 2012 at 07:54 AM.
Old August 13th, 2012, 12:47 PM
Latios Master
11 Year PC Member

It looks like random.org was just down due to a glitch. When I tried to go there it kept sending me to a page that I only get sent to when a website doesn't exist. This the first time it's happened when it was just a glitch.

This week's random hunt is... Deino!

Congrats on the shiny Tepig, Jacinth!

Congrats on the shiny Unown, Arceus Whisper!
Old August 14th, 2012, 03:16 PM
Arcturus.

I think i'm going to put hunting for a shiny vulpix on hold and hunt something a bit easier for my first hunt. Maybe a Pidove or i'll try the weekly hunt for Dieno.
"War.
War never
changes."
CSS|VM/PM|THEME
Old August 15th, 2012, 05:04 AM
Chr. Draco
Dragon Power

To Jacinth: Congrats, you got yourself a starter. Hopefully you will get snivy next time, maybe by breeding.

To Arceus Whisper: Congrats on the unown, and congrats on completing the 2012YQ.
Maybe you're the first, or maybe the second, don't know.

To Element0: Deino would be a good target.

Last edited by Chr. Draco; August 15th, 2012 at 05:09 AM.
Old August 15th, 2012, 10:08 AM
Arcturus.

I decided to go for a shiny dieno and have two dieno eggs that hatch within a few steps of each other. So every time I SR, I have two chances for a shiny. Am I doing this stuff correctly? This is my first time shiny hunting.
"War.
War never
changes."
CSS|VM/PM|THEME
Old August 15th, 2012, 11:53 AM
rykerr1
Shiny Fanatic

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
I decided to go for a shiny dieno and have two dieno eggs that hatch within a few steps of each other. So every time I SR, I have two chances for a shiny. Am I doing this stuff correctly? This is my first time shiny hunting.
Shininess is set when you get the egg from the day-care man, not when it hatches. So, if you got the eggs, saved before they hatched, and then SR'd (which is what I think you're doing), you're doing it wrong. To MM by SRing, you have to save before you get an egg from the daycare man, get your eggs (5 is a good number), hatch them, then SR and repeat.

Anyway, I have no new shinies to report... I was on vacation for the last few days and did absolutely no hunting. No worries though, I have 3 days to hunt before I go to college and then a 10 hour car trip to hunt during as well. I'm at 5206 Palkias, 1915 Groudons (slacking on that one, I know haha) and 2359 Ponyta eggs. I'm also at a month in Meteor Falls and 4 months in Pokemon Tower. And almost 8 months for Snivy -.-

I've also decided that I'm going to go for a RE Pawniard again in my White version after Ponyta shines. Route 9 was my first RE hunt ever in any game and resulted in Garbodor even though I wanted Pawniard. I got a magnet pull magnemite so I'm hoping I will get Pawniard this time ^.^

Congrats to everyone who has gotten shinies recently, especially Jacinth on that Tepig. I accidentally click tepig all the time and I'm not sure how I'd react if it shone >.< Also, I can definitely sympathize about the hellishness of those SRs.

Good luck to all of you on your hunts!
Old August 15th, 2012, 01:39 PM
Arcturus.

Thanks rykerr1, that was the way i was doing it. Good thing I hadn't wasted to much time doing that. I'll go start hunting the right way now.
"War.
War never
changes."
CSS|VM/PM|THEME
Old August 15th, 2012, 08:54 PM
Lorenzo The Comic
Pokégen User

Nature: Docile
I was just messing around at the Global Trade Station and traded one of my Pokémon for a Lv. 1 Snorlax. Then later I found Kuro*, who offered me a Lv. 100 Shiny Porygon-Z! Too bad I lost my starter in the process. Sorry if GTS Shinies don't count.

Last edited by Lorenzo The Comic; August 15th, 2012 at 08:59 PM.
Old August 16th, 2012, 01:29 PM
Necrum
The box. You opened it. We came.

God! I've been hatching eggs all day. Matsuda Method takes forever...
Pinhead
Moderator of Pain
Paired with Orianna

Challenges
Carnival of Horrors
Monotype Challenge
Ones That Got Away

Trade Info
1435-4289-9306
TRT DB Shuppet!
Old August 16th, 2012, 08:01 PM
Keruso

look at that gorgeous beauty!! i started this hunt back in March, and for some reason, i didnt touch it again until this week. i've been hunting it almost non-stop, except for when i had to go to work. I happen to have been in the chat, which, by the way here is the link http://xat.com/PokeCommunityShinyHuntersClub?p=6 and no one was there. G had come in previously, and had left while i was busy with something else. I had heard the sparkles (as i wasnt watching the screen) and started choking on my own spit as i looked down to see a (to me) black Gigas. Now, i've been hunting all day (except for about 5 hours when i had to go to work), so my DSBulk was almost dead when it showed up. i had 64 Ultra Balls and 1 Master Ball when i started, and when i got down to my last Poke, which happened to be my Shiny Regice, i feared the worst and just MasterBalled the guy. i ended with 29 Ultra Balls. Im currently still in Snowpoint Temple with a near dead DS, so i wont be getting out for a while.

......now, what to do next? should i finish my Enigma Stone event Lati? or should i continue Hatching Magikarp in White/Black........

I'll figure it out.
Old August 17th, 2012, 06:38 AM
Arceus Whisper
Shiny Hunter

Huge Congrats Keruso glad you finally got it.
Anyway as for myself...
My Hunts:
Viridian Forest - 4600 REs
Dialga - 2216 SRs
Fossils - 735 Revived
Yeah I really want Dialga to shine the most right now I have lots of hunts planned in my Diamond Version and Dialga Is holding them up. Good luck to all of you and wish me luck on my hunts

Old August 17th, 2012, 01:47 PM
Chr. Draco
Dragon Power

congrats keruso, you finally got that king.
Old August 18th, 2012, 02:33 AM
Eeveelution Co-ordinator
Budding Breeder/Co-ordinator

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Eeveelution Co-ordinator
I currently own the shiny Gyarados from the Lake of Rage and I'm hunting 8 shiny eevees to evolve and train for contests and pokestar studios when black 2 and white 2 come out and a shiny beldum to evolve into a Metagross, which wll hopefully become easier with the shiny charm in black and white 2!
Old August 18th, 2012, 11:26 PM
Eeveelution Co-ordinator

Oh and i am trying to catch a shiny giratina in turnback cave and i just tried some of the easest pokemon to use the pokeradar to catch shinies, but i keep failing, any tips as i've never done this befrore, but i changed my mind when i ran into a shiny metapod in the wild during bug catching contest and wasn't able to catch it!
Old August 19th, 2012, 12:25 PM
G-Money
Polychromatic Iridescence

6222 Johto starters.
4319 Eevee.

Spoiler:
Quote:
I found this
Congrats!

Quote:
Finally, after three days of chain breeding, I've got some suitable parents for my Larvitar breeding.
That's a great idea! I think I'll try it sometime, breeding for competitively viable shinies. Although, I would really try to get an Everstone on one of them - Nature has a huge effect on their stats, and you've already done all the hard parts, "lol."

Quote:
i think i'll join this club.
Welcome to the club!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkBreloom View Post
Aw, that's terrible. I hope you can reclaim your lost shinies soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinyEevee View Post
Gee, I reckoned it was about time to catch up with welcome's and congratulations that I've yet to offer. Guess this means a G-Money sized post is coming...

Oh, boy. This sounds dangerous!

Good luck! Approaching shiny hunting the funnest way possible sounds like a plan. It also sounds better than mine and G's idea some months ago that exerting yourself to the most pain possible while hunting was a good plan. LolxD

Gah!! Don't remind me of the horror of those dark days! *still has Icefall Cave hunt at 10777 encounters and hasn't touched it so that he can have a higher number than TSE*

And Shiny Noctowl is just pure awesome. I hope you recieve one in your epic battles through... death and stuff!

*is terrified by TSE and hides*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacinth View Post
shiny Tepig
Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arceus Whisper View Post
I have completed the yearly quest *applause*
Here's what I found
1) Obtain a shiny starter (Charmander)
2) Obtain a shiny via encountering (Unown)
3) Obtain a shiny from an egg (Gulpin)
4) Obtain a shiny legendary (Ho-oh)
5) Obtain a shiny Dragon (Axew)
Congrats on the Unown and completing the yearly quest! *applauds*

Quote:
DSBulk
"lol"

Congrats on Regigagas! I would go after the SRable Lati next if I were you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeveelution Co-ordinator View Post
I'm hunting 8 shiny eevees
Welcome to the club!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeveelution Co-ordinator View Post
Oh and i am trying to catch a shiny giratina in turnback cave and i just tried some of the easest pokemon to use the pokeradar to catch shinies, but i keep failing, any tips as i've never done this befrore, but i changed my mind when i ran into a shiny metapod in the wild during bug catching contest and wasn't able to catch it!
Have you been SRing for Giratina? The Pokeradar is pretty tough to master, but once you get it down it's probably the quickest way to get lots of shinies. I would recommend trying Giratina first (or Eevee or Beldum) and maybe try shiny hunting by exploring the grass/caves and encountering as many Pokemon as you can. There are lots of great Pokeradar guides too that I could link for you if you want to practice chaining, too.
Shiny Hunting Status:

Path of the Dragon: 2/7
Path of the Ghost: 8/18
Path of the Starter: 10/18
Old August 19th, 2012, 03:50 PM
Latios Master
11 Year PC Member

Congrats on the shiny Regigigas, Keruso!

Welcome to the club, Eeveelution Co-ordinator! I'm sorry to hear about the Metapod. In the future please don't double post. If you have more to say and no one has posted since you last posted please just edit it into your last post.

This week's random hunt is... the Ghost-type!
Old August 20th, 2012, 04:40 AM
Eeveelution Co-ordinator

Quote:
In the future please don't double post.
Sorry Latios Master, I'm kind of new at this. It will never happen again! Oh, and thanks for the advice G-Money, I think I might re-start with Giratina with SRing as I tried in an old save file, but lost patience and gave up (I heard something happened to the pokemon after SRing, but only recently did I find out it could become shiny!) and if I succeed I might try Volcarona in Black or try Regigigas (congrats by the way Keruso, I'm probably not going to be able to get it whatsoever!) Oh and I have two things to ask everyone. 1) Can you catch a shiny Suicune/Entei/Raikou in HG/SS for the Zoroark in Black and White? Just wondering. And finally, G-Money, please can you link some guides as I am terrible at the moment, tried the most common pokemon on a route and swarm pokemon but the chain always breaks at 14! No matter what I try! Thanks and goodnight (even though its the middle of the day, but you know what I mean!)
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here