The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 15th, 2012, 07:38 PM
Le Krome
die

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecrumWarrior View Post
Sewaddle's not much better in my opinion, but at least it has a cool pallet!

@Le Krome Just in case you don't know, you aren't able to catch Black/White Kyurem upon initial encounter. You have to catch Kyurem after the main story, then catch Reshiram/Zekrom. So if you want it to be shiny, hunt Kyurem after the main story. Reshiram/Zekrom don't need to be shiny since only Kyurem's data is used on it's forms. Actually, this is good info for everyone. I hope this helps anyone looking to hunt Kyurem in B2W2!

@Dratizard I'm not going to use it, but not because of my starter. Because I think Sewaddle's shiny is cooler than it's evolutions. Plus I'm using Sunflora as my grass type!
Yeah, I read up on that earlier and was kinda disappointed d: But thanks, nevertheless!

Also, aren't Reshi/Zek still shiny locked?

Little edit: if you guys could sub to my gaming channel (if you wish to watch shiny videos in the future) it would be very much appreciated, I want to try and have YouTube as a potential backup for insurance and car payments so yeah. I'll gladly return the favor for a fellow shiny hunter.

Last edited by Le Krome; October 15th, 2012 at 07:44 PM. Reason: le update le le le xd maymays 9gag master race
Old October 15th, 2012, 07:51 PM
Latios Master
11 Year PC Member

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaryn View Post
when i started the club I was 16, we talked about shiny hunting between some forum memebers, if I recall correctly though, appart from the founders, MetalMario, Latios Master and Lady Demonica where also pretty involved. the idea of making the club was ryan's idea though. I think I was the official founder out of luck really. But it was really the way we became friends here. I felt they were real friends, I enjoyed every conversation I had with these guys and gals.

It started with ruby and sapphire, and some time later my life went into a spiral of pain and distress(lol, how dramatic). My grandpa fell sick and died, and so did my grandma (Alzheimer). One of my uncles suffered a sudden heart attack and died while he was shaving and another uncle of mine died of lung cancer earlier this year. I've experienced some tough stuff really.
I wasn't involved much before last year. I wish I was, though.

I'm sorry to hear about your relatives. I lost both of my grandmas in the past decade.

Congrats on the shiny Foongus, Le Krome!

I think G-Money's comment about B/W2's story was directed at me. I'm sorry if I revealed too much. I will limit what I say about the new games.

I read that the Shining Charm requirements don't include event-only legendaries. Does anyone know if that is just the 5th gen legendaries or all of them from the past? I don't have a Darkrai, Shaymin, or Mew (I do in Silver and Crystal), so hopefully I won't need them. I also don't have Phione or Manaphy, so I don't know if I would need them or not.

I finished the stuff in Nimbasa City today. I've encountered over 800 wild Pokémon so far.
Old October 15th, 2012, 09:05 PM
Keruso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latios Master View Post
I wasn't involved much before last year. I wish I was, though.

I'm sorry to hear about your relatives. I lost both of my grandmas in the past decade.

Congrats on the shiny Foongus, Le Krome!

I think G-Money's comment about B/W2's story was directed at me. I'm sorry if I revealed too much. I will limit what I say about the new games.

I read that the Shining Charm requirements don't include event-only legendaries. Does anyone know if that is just the 5th gen legendaries or all of them from the past? I don't have a Darkrai, Shaymin, or Mew (I do in Silver and Crystal), so hopefully I won't need them. I also don't have Phione or Manaphy, so I don't know if I would need them or not.

I finished the stuff in Nimbasa City today. I've encountered over 800 wild Pokémon so far.
according to Serebii's Itemdex, you have to catch all the National Dex, so im assuming that would be all 693....... which sucks

To Aaryn: You may or may not remember me from the Serebii shiny forum that Zabi had started (i think). Let's not talk about him, but let's just say he PUSHED me to come to PC.....

I bought White2, like i said, and still continuing to reset for Oshawott.......i'd like to play, but im a patient man. I think im repeating myself when i was resetting for Tepig
Old October 15th, 2012, 10:43 PM
Razer302
Three Days Grace - Break

Nature: Quiet
Seeing all this activity really has me wanting to get bak into the hardcore hunting and starting the socialness of the club back like it was back when I first joined. Been slowly playing through Black 2 before I pick up a new DS to start reseting on white 1 and 2 for shiny starters. Aswell as my continued hunt for my shiny spiritomb.

WB aaryn. Been a long time since I have seen you post. MM hasn't been here in ages but LLD pops up every now and then.
Old October 16th, 2012, 12:40 AM
Aaryn
I Want a DS!!!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Aaryn Send a message via Yahoo to Aaryn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer302 View Post
Seeing all this activity really has me wanting to get bak into the hardcore hunting and starting the socialness of the club back like it was back when I first joined. Been slowly playing through Black 2 before I pick up a new DS to start reseting on white 1 and 2 for shiny starters. Aswell as my continued hunt for my shiny spiritomb.

WB aaryn. Been a long time since I have seen you post. MM hasn't been here in ages but LLD pops up every now and then.

those were the days... sigh*

You're gonna buy a 3DS or a new DSi? Just curios, since I have a 3DS now and I'm debating about buying a DSi to play through Pokemon soulsilver and White 2... (I can afford these things now xD)

Full credits to MetalMario for the card and for the banner!
Old October 16th, 2012, 04:27 AM
Wilhelm
Hail the Almighty Robot Policeman

In order for National Pokedex to be complete, none of the event Pokemon from any Generation are needed. And for Shiny Charm you only need a complete Nat Dex. So these Pokemon will not be needed:
-Mew
-Celebi
-Jirachi
-Deoxyx
-Darkrai
-Manaphy
-Phione
-Shaymin
-Arceus
-Victini
-Meloette
-Keldeo
-Genesect

Also I believe Reshiram and Zekrom are NOT Shiny locked in B2W2. I've seen some videos of people hunting them on youtube. It's a translated ROM so I can't say for certain:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oy0kk1dT33o

Old October 16th, 2012, 02:54 PM
Razer302
Three Days Grace - Break

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaryn View Post
^_^

those were the days... sigh*

You're gonna buy a 3DS or a new DSi? Just curios, since I have a 3DS now and I'm debating about buying a DSi to play through Pokemon soulsilver and White 2... (I can afford these things now xD)
Going to get a 3ds and just an old ds. Only getting it for reseting so don't need a dsi for that. Need to get a copy of White 2 still as I don't have it yet.

When I get my set up complete I will have 4 SRing.

Still working slowly through Black 2, Maybe get a random shiny as I am doing a lot of grinding.
Old October 16th, 2012, 07:53 PM
Lunafloon

I joined the club ages ago I believe! But it was years ago, probably 2009/10 since that's when I got my last shiny! If I need to rejoin just say so but for now I'll assume no if that's okay! :3

Anyways, as I said, I haven't found a shiny, bar the red Gyarados, since 2010 which was my shiny Chikorita, Hibiscus, who's now a beautiful yellow Meganium. I stopped shiny hunting for personal reasons and just never picked it back up. Might have been nice to find a random encounter shiny but no!
Regardless, with the release of Pokémon White 2 and remembering and rereading this thread I'm in a shiny hunting mood again! So depending how long it takes me to at least beat the Elite 4 in White 2, I'd like to participate in either the October challenge or wait until November, though I do love Ghost types so a Ghost type shiny would be nice!

Just popping in I guess to reintroduce myself! I'm hoping I can become an active member, or at least semi-active, but if I don't then feel free to forget me. I always struggle with forums and the "being social" thing in general!

On that note, does anyone know of any cute black or orange shinies I can look for? Also, congrats to everyone who got a shiny in the 2 years I was gone, I don't think I need to list them!
Old October 16th, 2012, 09:18 PM
DDD'SSCEPTILE
GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DDD'SSCEPTILE
Haha, oh wow. Aaryn came back, how cool is that?

Welcome back. May you be as blessed in the new games as you have in the old ones, lol

Who, me?

I've been unsuccessful with every hunt after that random Tentacool. I got a terrible rash back in May and hatched 750 Charmander eggs, then said screw it.

I'm more excited now that I'm playing White 2 though, and plan to try and complete the National Dex.
I've already beat the Champion and have caught 165 Unova Dex Pokemon.

I haven't come across a single shiny yet though, which is a little disheartening because it was the furthest thing from my mind while playing. I encountered so many wild Pokemon, too.

Either way, this will still have to take a backseat to life in the end, because I have to do life stuff and continue trying to become a decent artist.

I did nab a foreign Ditto from the GTS though, and now that I have access to the Day Care, I'm going to breed some of the rarer Pokemon with it and use the babies as GTS bait, and to get some of the Pokemon I don't have like Rufflet.

If anything pops out, I'll pop in.

Good luck everyone!
Old October 17th, 2012, 06:29 AM
Keruso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunafloon View Post
I joined the club ages ago I believe! But it was years ago, probably 2009/10 since that's when I got my last shiny! If I need to rejoin just say so but for now I'll assume no if that's okay! :3

Anyways, as I said, I haven't found a shiny, bar the red Gyarados, since 2010 which was my shiny Chikorita, Hibiscus, who's now a beautiful yellow Meganium. I stopped shiny hunting for personal reasons and just never picked it back up. Might have been nice to find a random encounter shiny but no!
Regardless, with the release of Pokémon White 2 and remembering and rereading this thread I'm in a shiny hunting mood again! So depending how long it takes me to at least beat the Elite 4 in White 2, I'd like to participate in either the October challenge or wait until November, though I do love Ghost types so a Ghost type shiny would be nice!

Just popping in I guess to reintroduce myself! I'm hoping I can become an active member, or at least semi-active, but if I don't then feel free to forget me. I always struggle with forums and the "being social" thing in general!

On that note, does anyone know of any cute black or orange shinies I can look for? Also, congrats to everyone who got a shiny in the 2 years I was gone, I don't think I need to list them!
Cacnea comes to mind for Orange shinies, but other than that, i really have no idea. Check Serebii's page's for that
Old October 18th, 2012, 05:59 AM
Aaryn
I Want a DS!!!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Aaryn Send a message via Yahoo to Aaryn
Hi peeps!

I got the fourth medal yesterday in white 2, slow and steady for me. Nothign shiny yet, but I really didn't hunt for any either.. so..

Full credits to MetalMario for the card and for the banner!
Old October 18th, 2012, 06:58 AM
Wilhelm

Oh, thought I should mention that I got a Medal in White 2 for finding a shiny. Wasn't that nice of GameFreak?

Old October 18th, 2012, 08:49 AM
WhiteAce
Unhatched Egg

Hee i just starting hunting. Can Somebody give my some tips <_< i am hunting on a shiny tepig btw

Can you ppl help me? XD

Last edited by WhiteAce; October 18th, 2012 at 09:03 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old October 18th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Wilhelm

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteAce View Post
Hee i just starting hunting. Can Somebody give my some tips <_< i am hunting on a shiny tepig btw

Can you ppl help me? XD
Same advice I was given, patience.

Old October 18th, 2012, 04:31 PM
GolurkIsDaBomb
Strawberry Sunrise, no ice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteAce View Post
Hee ;) i just starting hunting. Can Somebody give my some tips <_< i am hunting on a shiny tepig btw

Can you ppl help me? XD :P
Let's see, you can always SR on BW or BW2, however, those take quite a bit of time, so you're best bet is probably Masuda Methoding. if you don't know what that is, it's breeding a pokemon from a different language game with a pokemon from your game. (i.e japanese ditto and english tepig)

This increases the odds from 1/8,192 to 1/1366. If you go this root, make sure you have a pokemon in your party with either magma armor or flame body to increase the hatching speed.
Old October 19th, 2012, 05:25 PM
DDD'SSCEPTILE
GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DDD'SSCEPTILE
I was looking for a female Combee to evolve for my Unova Dex, and then I felt it coming... then... Boom.

VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7AE1EHOFt4

Yeah... the Nature isn't the best, but I'm gonna use this guy as a False Swiper later. I've always wanted one of these because of the amazing color. It's ridiculous.

So.. yeah. Another RE shiny for me.

Back to filling up the Dex.
Old October 19th, 2012, 09:42 PM
Latios Master
11 Year PC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecrumWarrior View Post
In order for National Pokedex to be complete, none of the event Pokemon from any Generation are needed.
That's good to hear. The one non-legendary Pokémon that I don't have is Spiritomb, but I will probably find one on the Dream Radar soon.

Welcome back, Lunafloon!

Welcome to the club, WhiteAce!

Congrats on the shiny Pinsir, DDD'SSCEPTILE!

I've spent the last two days trying to catch Volcarona with a Timid nature on Black 2, but I've had no luck. I've caught at least one with almost every nature, maybe every nature, except for Timid. I think I've caught six with a Jolly nature. The natures that appear the most are those that reduce Sp. Attack or boost Attack, which are the worst. I have five badges so far. Once (if?) I find what I'm looking for I will fly back to Driftveil City and head towards route 6. I've encountered over 1,000 wild Pokémon so far.
Old October 21st, 2012, 07:16 PM
Lunafloon

Back again with a question! That's if anyone sees it, hasn't been a post for 2 day :0
Couldn't think of a better place to ask this than on a shiny hunters club full of people who love shinies but what are your thoughts on the Shining Charm? Who's going to get one? I hope I got the name right >3<

Right now, I'm on the fence about it. On one hand, I've always wanted to complete the Pokédex but I've never had any real motivation since the rewards you get aren't amazing. Now, I finally have a reason to complete it! And encountering more shinies would be fun, since shinies are quite fun to just collect, even if you never use them, and I only have 6 right now...
On the other hand, I feel kinda conflicted. I'm worried finding more shinies or making them easier to find might ruin the fun, and that they won't be as special or as exciting as finding a 1/8000 something shiny would be. I mean, the Pokéradar plus RNG already make it easier, and the Masuda Method does too though I believe not so much, but I've never used this methods out of either laziness or just never really getting round to it. So I dunno, it's weird to explain but I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet! I don't want to feel like I'm cheating myself out of the fun of finding shinies...
Would be nice to hear everyone elses thoughts, maybe help me make a conclusion too?

As for shiny hunting, still working on completing White 2 first! Having a bad cold and generally being indecisive about my team is slowing me down, I'm getting there though!
Thinking that Numel might be the first one I go for, just because I think Camerupt is strangely adorable, and I need to find a shiny, any shiny, to kick my want-ness into gear, since 2 years has made me forget how exciting it can be to find one! However, maybe if I'm lucky a RE shiny will appear on my playthroughs anyways? We'll see!
I write too much I know ;D

Last edited by Lunafloon; October 21st, 2012 at 07:25 PM.
Old October 22nd, 2012, 07:19 AM
Wilhelm

Im going to get the charm, but I wont count any shiny Pokemon I find with it towards this club, Im inly going to use it to have a better chance of filling someones request in my shop as a shiny. My hunting will still be on white version 1.

Old October 22nd, 2012, 09:51 AM
Latios Master
11 Year PC Member

I think the Shiny Charm is a nice reward for completing the Pokédex, which is something very hard to do, and something that I will probably never accomplish. Even with the charm it's still hard to get a shiny, IMO. You could get 1/64 on G/S/C if you bred with a shiny parent, so it used to be a lot easier. I'll probably just hatch eggs on White, because the IV checker was removed from the Battle Subway in B/W2.

I got the Volcarona I wanted a few hours after my last post. SRing went a lot easier with the DW Deerling. I got a Jolly female on only the second attempt. I just made my way through Chargestone Cave and will soon be in Mistralton City. Tynamo took a lot longer to find than on White. I think I encountered 200-300 wild Pokémon in the cave before I found a Tynamo. I came across a second one soon after.

This week's random hunt is... Mime Jr./Mr. Mime!
Old October 22nd, 2012, 10:13 AM
Blaze the Cat
Life hurts, and so do I

Nature: Timid
The Shining Charm seems to be something for me, as the normal likelihood of me running into a shiny is like 1/999999999. With the Charm and MMing combined, me finding a shiny might become an annual thing.
Old October 23rd, 2012, 02:27 PM
Kirozane
Frolic and fun~
Community Supporter

Send a message via AIM to Kirozane Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kirozane Send a message via Skype™ to Kirozane
(Holy bajeezus I still exist!)
I agree. The shiny charm is a nice reward for completing the pokedex. I cracked down hard once I finished the story and achieved my goal yesterday. 649/649 and now I am running around dragonspiral trying to get a shiny golurk for my boyfriend. I know to a lot of you it won't count because I am using the charm as a boost. But, honestly, the boost seems rather nonexistent. I know it's supposed to be like 1/2300-somethin or somethin like that but it still feels like 1/8192 with how I have had no luck despite having been searching since last night. Who knows... maybe I'll get some luck so my boyfriend can have a shiny golurk on his game when I get him he gets 5th gen. Or I could couple the round charm and shiny charm with masuda and get him a golett he could actually use... I dunno...
But... wish me luck on my golurk hunt yesyes?
Old October 24th, 2012, 06:36 AM
Synerjee
A madman with a box.

Nature: Relaxed
Hi! Can I join?

I've only had 2 encountered shinies the whole time I've been playing Pokemon.

My first was a shiny Psyduck in Emerald, which when I first found it, I wasn't interested/didn't know much about shinies and disregarded it, even restarting my game. When I finally realised that what that blue Psyduck was, I was like whaaaaat!? *huge facepalm* >__<

My second was a shiny Audino! :D I was mass Audino-killing for exp. when suddenly this purple Audino popped out. It was the first time I ACTUALLY found a shiny and acknowledged it. Best moment of my Pokemon life.

Well, the other shinies I (and probably most people) have were, of course, the Red Gyarados and the shiny Dratini (now Dragonite) Banjirou gave me after defeating him in the White Tree Hollow.

I'm not currently hunting for any specific shiny. I'm just going on with the game and waiting for one to pop up.

Last edited by Synerjee; October 24th, 2012 at 02:04 PM.
Old October 24th, 2012, 07:06 AM
GolurkIsDaBomb
Strawberry Sunrise, no ice.

So I was exploring Castelia Sewers in White 2 with Hugh. Yes, Hugh, the rival whose Dewott, in my tests, (in case I found a shiny) could not be OHKO'd by any of my weak team, but could almost OHKO any wild pokemon with Razor Shell. And whose Dewott was faster than my entire team. That Hugh.

After just defeating a construction worker with a Drilbur, I rntered a wild battle. On the right was a rattatta, and on the left was a zubat. A SHINY ZUBAT. I started freaking out, as I knew, I just KNEW Hugh would kill it. I had to try and kill his Dewott first!

First turn: I had my Venipede use poison yail on Dewott. Dewott used Focus energy.
Second Turn. I used poison tail on Dewott again, to no avail. Dewott used Razor Shell.

Rattatta fainted! "Phew"

I then threw a pokeball at a completely healthy zubat. "Stupid!" I thought, "Why didn't I use a repeat ball!?!?"

Spoiler:

*Click*

Female, Level 16, Bashful nature.
20/20/15/18/26

YAYAYAYYAYAYAY! I was so scared I was going to lose this! I've always wanted a shiny zubat! :DDDDD
Old October 24th, 2012, 07:28 AM
Synerjee
A madman with a box.

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by GolurkIsDaBomb View Post
So I was exploring Castelia Sewers in White 2 with Hugh. Yes, Hugh, the rival whose Dewott, in my tests, (in case I found a shiny) could not be OHKO'd by any of my weak team, but could almost OHKO any wild pokemon with Razor Shell. And whose Dewott was faster than my entire team. That Hugh.

After just defeating a construction worker with a Drilbur, I rntered a wild battle. On the right was a rattatta, and on the left was a zubat. A SHINY ZUBAT. I started freaking out, as I knew, I just KNEW Hugh would kill it. I had to try and kill his Dewott first!

First turn: I had my Venipede use poison yail on Dewott. Dewott used Focus energy.
Second Turn. I used poison tail on Dewott again, to no avail. Dewott used Razor Shell.

Rattatta fainted! "Phew"

I then threw a pokeball at a completely healthy zubat. "Stupid!" I thought, "Why didn't I use a repeat ball!?!?"

YAYAYAYYAYAYAY! I was so scared I was going to lose this! I've always wanted a shiny zubat! :DDDDD
Congrats on the shiny Zubat and for capturing it in that tough situation! If I'd encountered it, I would have gone WILD. Once you endure Zubat's weak stats and fully evolve it to Crobat, it's one of the best flying types ever (in my opinion). It being shiny makes it twice the better! :D
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links