The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 5th, 2012, 02:05 PM
Keruso

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yami_Zidane View Post
So then, introducing my first 5th gen shiny and my only owned shiny at the moment:

Spoiler:

Gurdurr Lvl54 M
Lax (+Def -Sp.Def)
IV's 6/7/27/20/28/11 (Used serebii IV calc, anyone know which one is best these days?)

It's been a long day at work, I just got home and decided I'd give training my mons up on Victory Road a quick blast before I go to sleep and this dude popped up! Almost killed it as I was only half paying attention but thought it didn't look right so I looked on serebii to confirm.

Lax nature means I can't really do anything with it terms of competitive battling but hey a shiny is a shiny! and just like that I'm back in the game!

If anyone would be willing to trade so I can evolve it that would be great.

Happy Hunting guys!

EDIT: Just encountered another shiny Gurdurr on Victory Road. WTF?!? Accidentally killed it though. Has the rate in which shiny pokemon are encountered increased in this generation?
well, sometimes you get really lucky. You know that shiny Yamask i have? well, i hunted in that loactaion for at least three days before i got him right after turning on my game. It's actually happened twice to me on that one game, which is my White game. I have yet to hunt in my Black game, and my White2 refuses to give me a shiny Oshawott.....

and speaking of this, i had also bought Black2 yesterday, but will not be opening it until i beat White2.....which may take a while
Old November 5th, 2012, 04:55 PM
Flydro
doobz

Nature: Calm
Welcome to the new members of the SHC. More members, more shinies! And congrats to Yami_Zidane on getting your first new shiny Gurdurr, welcome back to game. It's crazy how you got lucky and found two of em so quickly, wish you woulda caught the other Gurdurr too. Also, another congrats to Chr. Draco on getting shiny Regirock. You should go after the whole Regi set if you dont already have any of the others.

As for my own update I'm chillin on the forums while running around in Soul Silver hunting for the shiny Skarmory, currently at 3005 REs and counting. The hunt is coming along pretty fast though, I really hope green wings shows up soon! Kinda have that feeling that this hunt will take some time but I'm in it till I get it.

But to everyone else, good luck on the hunt!

*hunting:

Last edited by Flydro; November 5th, 2012 at 10:10 PM.
Old November 5th, 2012, 05:11 PM
Shiny Dunsparce
SummerFeuer on P.G.L

I'm currently going for: The Shiny Master for a Shiny Sentret. I obtained a Japanese Ditto and am breeding it with my American Sentret. Wish me luck!
Using Black version.

When I first started playing Black II I caught a Shiny Sewaddle.

"Sig & Ava made by me."
No longer offering services to make customized sigs/avas.

__________________Friend I.Ds__________________
2494-9332-2284 (SoulSilver)
(Black II)
3998-1066-9436 (White)

Last edited by Shiny Dunsparce; November 5th, 2012 at 05:24 PM.
Old November 5th, 2012, 05:37 PM
Necrum
The most dapper evil genius

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny Dunsparce View Post
I'm currently going for: The Shiny Master for a Shiny Sentret. I obtained a Japanese Ditto and am breeding it with my American Sentret. Wish me luck!
Using Black version.

When I first started playing Black II I caught a Shiny Sewaddle.
What a crazy coincidence! I caught one in White 2!
Old November 5th, 2012, 10:30 PM
Ninjagon
Back from a break.

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Ninjagon
Hey guys. Im back! I'm going to get a job on Friday next week (interview) so i'll be able to get a gameboy, some ds's and the sort. I will hunt again. I just needed something to get me back in to Pokemon, as I almost quit. ALMOST so Not yet haha.

There aren't many Lions left in the world now, yet poachers still exist. Even though it is illegal it still happens. Don't have anything to do with poaching - Take pride in your actions (pun intended)
Old November 7th, 2012, 12:59 AM
Chr. Draco
Dragon Power

Nature: Jolly
Thanks for the congrats everyone
Time for another update, this time the next regi:

shiny regice white 2.jpg
This was caught in a premier ball like the last one. You have to be careful when hunting It because of the colors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flydro
Welcome to the new members of the SHC. More members, more shinies! And congrats to Yami_Zidane on getting your first new shiny Gurdurr, welcome back to game. It's crazy how you got lucky and found two of em so quickly, wish you woulda caught the other Gurdurr too. Also, another congrats to Chr. Draco on getting shiny Regirock. You should go after the whole Regi set if you dont already have any of the others.
I guess I'll hunt the other two when I get the keys, for now I'll do other hunts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjagon
Hey guys. Im back! I'm going to get a job on Friday next week (interview) so i'll be able to get a gameboy, some ds's and the sort. I will hunt again. I just needed something to get me back in to Pokemon, as I almost quit. ALMOST so Not yet haha.
Welcome back and congrats.

Cya later and happy hunting everyone.
Old November 7th, 2012, 08:18 AM
Spritingyoshi22
That guy over there

Nature: Brave
I havn't found a Shiny Pokemon since April. So i decided to hunt a Shiny Ralts, after I lost count of how many Koffing eggs had hatched without me finding a shiny, but after just 2 encounters with Ralts I find a Shiny Bibarel in my Pokemon Platinum version!

Spoiler:
Pokemon: Bibarel
Level: 18
Ability: Simple
Moves: Water Gun, Rollout,Headbutt, Defense Curl

Good Luck to the rest of you with your hunts!
Old November 7th, 2012, 08:44 AM
rager3
Akatsuki Member

Hey guys haven't been posting for a while...Yet again. Anyway i've just got out of a marathon of exams and have re-watched a couple of Shiny encounter videos. So that got me all hyped up for some hunting.

Because i've restarted all of my games except my SoulSilver i've lost every single shiny i had except my Shiny Meganium on Heartgold, my Shiny Feraligatr, Shiny Raticate on FireRed and my shiny Staraptor. So i've decided to hunt a shiny on every single game in the order of the Gens starting from FireRed-Leafgreen upto Black Version.

İ think i'm gonna hunt in ways i've never before hunted. Gonna put the Pokeradar aside and bring the Soft Resetting to a minimum. İ'm gonna try out the Matsuda method for the first time on black, do random encountering more and never use repels agian. Don't know How thats going to work out for me with the little Time i have because of the Gym and sorts.

Congrats on all the shinys that you've encountered while i wasn't active especially you Yami_Zidane thats my favorite 5th Gen pokemon you've got there :D

Anyway better start hunting , hope you hear from me soon and good luck on all your hunts.

http://s7.zetaboards.com/Nuzlocke_Fo...8719781/1/#new

The greatest form of control is when you think you're free when you're being fundamentally manipulated and dictated to. One form of dictatorship is being in a prison cell and you can see the bars and touch them. The other one is sitting in a prison cell but you can't see the bars but you think you're free.
~Vinnie paz
Old November 7th, 2012, 10:14 AM
Le Krome
Hi iM sPeNcEr

Nature: Lonely
Decided to pick up a copy of Silver (yes, Silver!) and HeartGold yesterday, turns out the HeartGold was the one I swapped out for Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance a couple months ago, as it had the same profile and everything. About three or four hours of hunting later, this happened.

I was like "aw hell naw" and went back to it and confirmed what I thought I saw - shiny Cyndaquil! Which means I have now gotten two of the three Johto Starters shiny (although, this Cyndaquil is now my only shiny Pokemon, no time like the present to build a new collection).

Congrats on all the recent shinies guise. :D
Old November 7th, 2012, 11:54 AM
Lunafloon

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chr. Draco View Post

Attachment 66473
This was caught in a premier ball like the last one. You have to be careful when hunting It because of the colors.

I guess I'll hunt the other two when I get the keys, for now I'll do other hunts.
Here, have another congrats! I'm not a big fan of the regi's shiny or not, but shiny Regice is a lovely shade of blue, so enjoy it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritingyoshi22 View Post
I havn't found a Shiny Pokemon since April. So i decided to hunt a Shiny Ralts, after I lost count of how many Koffing eggs had hatched without me finding a shiny, but after just 2 encounters with Ralts I find a Shiny Bibarel in my Pokemon Platinum version!
Congrats! Shiny Bidoof/Bibarel isn't a huge difference to the normal but a shiny is a shiny! Treasure it! :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Krome View Post
I was like "aw hell naw" and went back to it and confirmed what I thought I saw - shiny Cyndaquil! Which means I have now gotten two of the three Johto Starters shiny (although, this Cyndaquil is now my only shiny Pokemon, no time like the present to build a new collection).
Congrats to you too of course! I love shiny Typhlosion so much, so I was so glad to get mine! You going to evolve yours fully? Or nickname it? Mines named Plume, it's a play on Lava Plume and Plum, because it's purple, I'm a dweeb!
Good luck on your collection too! My shiny collection is small but I love it, and one day I hope to have a Faraligatr to put next to my Typhlosion and Meganium (Hibiscus) :D

Anyways, not much to update for me, still SRing Latias, getting in a good number of SR's a day but I haven't found a good way to count yet, so I'm estimating around 100 a day atm! Musharna is going a lot slower because Latias is my main hunt so to speak but I'll get it eventually too don't worry!

Good luck everyone with current and future hunts! Also, updated my signature again to make it animated, one day I'll have a pretty shiny card though, if I can ever make one... Hehehe >3<
Old November 7th, 2012, 12:41 PM
iZTwi
Jounin Ninja

Nature: Relaxed
Now hunting for a Shiny Combee, since I need to do something with the x67 Honey I bought a while ago xD

Check out my Trade Shop!
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=291144

Shinies Collected
  • Prinplup
  • Marill
  • Marowak
Shinies Hunting
  • Snorlax
  • Steelix
  • Combee
Old November 7th, 2012, 01:03 PM
Flydro
doobz

Quote:

Attachment 66473

Cya later and happy hunting everyone.
Congrats on the Regice! I agree with the color thing, Regice is one of those shinies where it's hard to tell the difference but at least you managed to get it. Good luck with the other Regis in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritingyoshi22 View Post

Spoiler:
Pokemon: Bibarel
Level: 18
Ability: Simple
Moves: Water Gun, Rollout,Headbutt, Defense Curl

Good Luck to the rest of you with your hunts!
Congrats to you on the Bibarel! Too bad you didnt get Ralts, but if you decide to continue to hunt for it then good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Krome View Post

Congrats on all the recent shinies guise. :D
Congrats on getting the shiny Cyndaquil Le Krome! I only have two shiny pokemon since I started playing pokemon again, but shiny Cyndaquil in Soul Silver was the first one to start off my collection as well. I got it in 12 SRs so I was really excited haha. Cool that yours is a female, since that makes it rarer than the male shiny Cyndaquil. Congrats again!

As for me, I'm still looking for Skarmory in Soul Silver. Right now I'm at 3400 REs, and trying to get as much hunting done as I can. Mannnn I just gotta find it!

Good luck to everyone

*hunting:

Old November 7th, 2012, 01:03 PM
GolurkIsDaBomb
Strawberry Sunrise, no ice.

Instead of using a new honey each time, you should slather honey until you find a combee and then SR for the day! Unless you're already doing that XD

As for me, I haven't really been hunting lately. Mainly due to accidentally leaving White 2 at home before embarking on a 5 day vacation... >_<

But hopefully the *spark* will come back soon!

Also, congrats to everyone who got a shiny! :D
Old November 7th, 2012, 04:16 PM
Le Krome
Hi iM sPeNcEr

Thanks for the congrats y'all! I made the desperate yet poor decision to sell most of my Pokemon games along with my 3DS (I just use the systems my brothers never use anymore now) and thus lost all of my shinies - Articuno, Giratina, Rayquaza, Darkrai, Uxie, Meganium, Foongus, and Tangela. Oh well.

And yes, I do intend on evolving it all the way - it's already a Quilava, and will be a Typhlosion in due time.

For now, I'm going to hunt a shiny starter (probably Charmander) on LeafGreen, a shiny Treecko on Sapphire, and a random encounter shiny before the next gym in HeartGold. I might just do a shiny badge quest in all of them for maximum s&g's. The Silver I got had a dead battery so I had to swap it out for the LG, so I won't have any of the classics again for a bit ):
Old November 7th, 2012, 05:18 PM
Necrum
The most dapper evil genius

Wow! Lots of shiny Pokemon! We are living in a great time for hunting apparently! Anyway, I am almost to Snorlax in LeafGreen. I never did get an answer as to whether you can SR hunt in LG, but I've heard elsewhere that you can. I'll be doing that for this month's quest, and then filling in a second Pokemon with whatever I feel like.

Congratulations to everyone!
Old November 7th, 2012, 06:41 PM
Yami_Zidane
Scyther

Nature: Impish
Checking in.

Well with the elite 4 over and with I'm team building so I can get back into competitive battling, just finished EV training a Jellicent so moving on to Ferrathorn next.

Now that I'm back in the game I'm trying to decide what to hunt for. I've always wanted a shiny Bulbasaur but a shiny Kuryem is also on my to do list. Decisions, decisions.

Le Krome - Congrats dude. Cyndaquil was my first ever shiny Pokémon (not counting red Gyarados). Brings back good memories.

Have fun guys!
Old November 7th, 2012, 09:21 PM
Le Krome
Hi iM sPeNcEr

Wow! Another one already, I'll update this post with the video in a bit! But, I was just starting to hunt again for my next shiny in the badge quest when I got a shiny Zubat! It was 11:58, so I technically got two shinies on the same day, and on the same game which is absolutely insane. Really excited to see what else this game has in store for me d:

Necrum, you CAN SR hunt, myself and many other have done it, however I would advise you to save the game every hundred SRs or so, others may advise more frequently but I'm unsure as to just how frequent so I'd say 100.
Thanks Yami! Cyndaquil is adorable to me, which is why I like it d:

Last edited by Le Krome; November 7th, 2012 at 09:44 PM.
Old November 8th, 2012, 04:18 AM
iZTwi
Jounin Ninja

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by GolurkIsDaBomb View Post
Instead of using a new honey each time, you should slather honey until you find a combee and then SR for the day! Unless you're already doing that XD
Well the point is use up my Honey and hunt for a combee along the way :I

Check out my Trade Shop!
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=291144

Shinies Collected
  • Prinplup
  • Marill
  • Marowak
Shinies Hunting
  • Snorlax
  • Steelix
  • Combee
Old November 8th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Autophobic
Fearing Isolation

Nature: Gentle
Hey, I'm going to join this and start my shiny hunt! I'm starting a new save on Pokemon Crystal, and I'll be hunting on there using the Red Gyarados/Ditto method. Using this method will allow me to capture a Shiny Ditto and increase my breeding chances for shiny pokemon to 1/64.

EDIT: I have obtained the Shiny Ditto, as well as the Shiny Gyarados! With this Ditto, I can breed a ton of shinies!

I'm currently breeding for a Shiny Tauros.

Last edited by Autophobic; November 8th, 2012 at 04:21 PM.
Old November 10th, 2012, 08:04 PM
Ninjagon
Back from a break.

Until my interview in 5 days, today I've started my SS over. I'm going to hunt Totodile and i'm aiming for 150 - 400 SR's by the end of today. This is going to be an active hunt that I refuse to forget or give up on. My other hunt on White from a while ago is at 2200 RE's or something around those lines. I'd better get started if i'm going to be getting a shiny! Good luck with your hunts everybody! *Lest we forget*

There aren't many Lions left in the world now, yet poachers still exist. Even though it is illegal it still happens. Don't have anything to do with poaching - Take pride in your actions (pun intended)
Old November 11th, 2012, 06:17 AM
rager3
Akatsuki Member

I swear i have got no DANG LUCK with Marill. I have hunted and hunted and hunted for years but something always happens.

2011: 4567 RE's on ruby saw a shiny marill, ran out of STUPİD pokeballs. CAN THAT EVEN HAPPEN!!!

Early 2012: 7451 RE's HG & SS killed a shiny Marill by accident.

Today: 1578 RE's Platinum No pokeballs on me.

By the time i had killed it i had already had enough . Shiny Azumarill was my favourite shiny, and i could not catch it ! İ thought '' Forget That wheres my PokeRadar?''. Yet agian still no luck. İ swear i'm cursed.

PokeRadar attempt *1: Broke on 31
PokeRadar attempt *2: Broke on 47

İ have psychologically got Marill engraved into my head. İ am going to get that Son of a Beach even if i have to chain for it!!!!!!!

Oh and BTW ... Good Luck

The greatest form of control is when you think you're free when you're being fundamentally manipulated and dictated to. One form of dictatorship is being in a prison cell and you can see the bars and touch them. The other one is sitting in a prison cell but you can't see the bars but you think you're free.
~Vinnie paz

Last edited by rager3; November 12th, 2012 at 08:14 AM.
Old November 11th, 2012, 08:15 AM
Chr. Draco
Dragon Power

Nature: Jolly
To Rager3: Something similar happened to me with a torkoal, my first ever shiny, fainted it, began a new file and found one again, and caught it, and when decided to start again, got another one and caught it again; of course I no longer have ruby; the point is that I found shiny torkoal around 3 or 4 times. It was in the days before diamond and pearl were released and before knowing shinies existed.

To Ninjagon: Hope everything goes ok.

Congrats to Spritingyoshi22, Le Krome and any other shiny caught.

Now my update and again caught in a premier ball: (I guess I'm a premier ball user).

shiny latias white 2.jpg

Cya later everyone and happy hunting.
Old November 11th, 2012, 08:38 AM
rager3
Akatsuki Member

Quote:
To Rager3: Something similar happened to me with a torkoal, my first ever shiny, fainted it, began a new file and found one again, and caught it, and when decided to start again, got another one and caught it again; of course I no longer have ruby; the point is that I found shiny torkoal around 3 or 4 times. It was in the days before diamond and pearl were released and before knowing shinies existed.
Ha ha yeah i remember those days. Before Pearl and Diamond my world revolved around Emerlad and Ruby. İI can remember seeing a shiny wishmur and i can remember fleeing. My first shiny was a hariyama in victory road though. Still got it on my emerald file haha.

Oh and about that Torkoal thing. At least you caught it man , i just can't seem to catch it

~Vinnie paz
Old November 11th, 2012, 11:00 PM
Latios Master
11 Year PC Member

It's nice to see this thread active again. Congrats on all the new shinies, and welcome to all the new members! There has been a lot of luck going around lately.

rager3: I'm sure you will get that shiny Marill eventually. Good luck!

This week's random hunt is... Grimer!

I had the worst luck in my life of SRing for a specific nature when it came to Virizion. I wanted a Jolly nature. I started on the 3rd and finally finished on the 11th. I must of caught at least a dozen with a Calm nature. It felt like it would never end. For some strange reason almost every one on Sunday was caught using just 1-3 Ultra Balls. It took 15-33 (33=ran out) on most tries before Sunday. Now I can work on getting my 7th gym badge.

Good luck on everyone's hunts!
Old November 12th, 2012, 01:41 AM
Ninjagon
Back from a break.

Ok guys just an update. My new hunt is going rather well considering i'm only using my DSi. So right now? 225 SR's or 675 Johto Starters seen. I've been looking for all three just in case. It'll be 330 by the end of today.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here