The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 24th, 2012, 01:34 PM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I ended up stopping, but I was soft-resetting HG earlier today. I made it to 19 SRs before I had to get out of the car. Nothing so far.
(Copy/paste the above into your browser)
Old November 24th, 2012, 02:20 PM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soar View Post
Will the pokemon be shiny when you see their picture in the little box or do you actually have to accept them and battle to see if its shiny?
That I do not know. I just remember seeing someone explain it on this site somewhere not too long ago and the way they explained it,is that the picture would be shiny. You probably could search google or bing and it might explain better. I have never tried it myself.
Old November 24th, 2012, 03:12 PM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

Soar, you can tell it's a shiny by the picture. (:
I obtained a shiny Chikorita by soft-resetting. I suggest studying how the Pokemon appears as a shiny so you can quickly recognize it (to avoid accidentally soft-resetting and removing a shiny).
Old November 25th, 2012, 09:26 AM
Keruso

excuse me, let a pro hunter butt in here.

first off, NO the pokemon, except in HeartGold and SoulSilver, WILL NOT show up as shiny when you see the overworld sprite. you MUST be in battle to see if it is shiny.

second. Iceman is wrong on how you reset. if you have a GameBoy Advanced, you press A+B+Start+Select. if your on the DS's, its Shoulder pads+Start+Select.

yeah, i may have sounded like an ass here, but i dont want misinformation to go out to newbie hunters
Old November 25th, 2012, 10:31 AM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keruso View Post

first off, NO the pokemon, except in HeartGold and SoulSilver, WILL NOT show up as shiny when you see the overworld sprite. you MUST be in battle to see if it is shiny.

second. Iceman is wrong on how you reset. if you have a GameBoy Advanced, you press A+B+Start+Select. if your on the DS's, its Shoulder pads+Start+Select.

yeah, i may have sounded like an ass here, but i dont want misinformation to go out to newbie hunters
I may have worded the words wrong,but I never said how to reset. I said you had to click the reset button click. Meaning the 4/5 button click. I said the reset button click because I didn't know the exact buttons to click. So thank you for putting out the correct buttons.
Old November 25th, 2012, 03:41 PM
Necrum
The most dapper evil genius

Nature: Adamant
So, I just beat W2, and am looking to move all my breeding tools from W1 to W2. So I'm killing 2 birds with 1 stone. I'm hunting Magikarp since it has the lowest steps to hatch. I'll need a lot of them to trade all my Pokemon over, so hopefully I get at least one shiny. I'm using Masuda Method for this BTW.
Old November 25th, 2012, 08:02 PM
Flydro
doobz

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keruso View Post

I agree with you. When it comes to shiny hunting you come off as being really arrogant and kind of a know-it-all in the way you try and correct people. Nobody is a "pro" shiny hunter, unless you're cheating or using the Masuda method your chances of getting a shiny are just the same as any new player. And having more shinies than the next person only means you just got more lucky. There aren't any real skills involved as far as I know, it's pretty much patience and luck. Not trying to be a jerk or pick a fight, it's only a game and shiny hunting is just a hobby. Chill out bro. :/

But... anyway, as far as my hunting goes I'm still looking for that shiny Skarmory. But at 9200 REs, it still eludes me. Now I haven't really been hunting much over the Thanksgiving holidays but I feel like it's about time that I find it already. Ahh hopefully that lucky encounter happens soon! Good luck to everyone!

*hunting:

Old November 25th, 2012, 09:07 PM
G-Money
Polychromatic Iridescence

Nature: Jolly
I think what Keruso meant by saying he's a "pro hunter" was just that he's been doing it for a long time, so he's had a lot of practice with the different resetting methods and exceptions for HG/SS. From what I read, it looks like he was just trying to help out the new members.

5014 Eevee
13260 Johto starters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifesolstice View Post
Shiny Happiny
Awesome, congrats! Are you planning on evolving it or keeping it a Happiny?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ⊗Slenderman⊗ View Post
Hello (:
Welcome to the club!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dratizard View Post
It's not very encouraging for me to see new members with 10 times more shinies than me, and they haven't even started hunting. G, if those equations of yours are correct, what is my luck? I have encountered probably 1M Pokemon, and only two random shinies. That is not much.
"lol" one million is a huge number!! It's not going to be exact because we're not sure how many random encounters we've had, but let's say you have seen 2 shinies in one million encounters: your luck is -60. There's no way that luck so bad can be sustainable; your luck is going to get better!! Keep up the hope and that number will get closer and closer to 0, and maybe it'll even go positive if you stay positive and let the shinies in!! Maybe you should put up a banner over your house saying, "ALL SHINIES WELCOME!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinyEevee View Post
shiny Lugia!!
Woot, congrats! Only 807 encounters...WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH THE REAL TSE WHO ALWAYS GETS 50,000 ENCOUNTERS BEFORE FINDING SHINIES!!!!?

Quote:
I wanna join!
Welcome to the club! I'm also trying to get all of the starters - they're the coolest! Which one are you going to try to get first?

Path of the Dragon: 2/7
Path of the Ghost: 7/18
Path of the Starter: 5/18
Old November 25th, 2012, 09:35 PM
Latios Master
11 Year PC Member

Congrats on all the new shinies, and welcome to all the new members!

This week's random hunt is... Spinarak!

I made it to the Elite 4 on Black 2, now I just have to train my team until it's ready for the battles ahead.
Old November 26th, 2012, 12:29 AM
Ninjagon
Back from a break.

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Ninjagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman3317 View Post
Soft reset is when someone keeps resetting their game in order to try to get a shiny starter. You have to start a new game and check all the starters and see if they are shiny. If not the person uses the delete save file button click and starts a new game in order to see if there is a shiny. And you repeat until you get a shiny starter.
Actually, you don't do that. You press L+R and Start+Select if your pokemon are not shiny. It then "Soft Resets" your game, i.e. takes you back the title screen and loads the game again.

There aren't many Lions left in the world now, yet poachers still exist. Even though it is illegal it still happens. Don't have anything to do with poaching - Take pride in your actions (pun intended)
Old November 26th, 2012, 06:16 AM
Keruso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjagon View Post
Actually, you don't do that. You press L+R and Start+Select if your pokemon are not shiny. It then "Soft Resets" your game, i.e. takes you back the title screen and loads the game again.
um.....Ninja? you were Ninja'd long ago with this.....by me

G's right, i have been doing this for a while (like two and a half years, i do believe), and while i mainly have RE shinies, i do have a few SR shinies, including three that i've killed by accident including a second Skarmory, a Wurmple (which, i am ashamed to actually admit, i didnt want at the time) and a Smeargle (in fact, in losing that Smeargle, i actually stopped hunting for a while). I have yet to try the Masuda Method, though i am actually in use of it in White1 with a Magikarp at a hold of 95 eggs.

also, another thing for you fledglings, is try to do something else while you hunt. I've found while hunting is to either watch YouTube/TV/a movie, but as long as my sound is up so i dont miss the sparkles

any one else notice that as soon as Aaryn appeared, he also disappeared again?

one more thing: No one comes into the chat anymore
Old November 26th, 2012, 09:04 AM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

I am currently going through White Hollow in White 2 now. I have one more area to go. So I should have a new Shiny Gible or Dratini,which ever one I get in White 2 soon.

I have finished the White Hollow and got Shiny Dratini. B2 you get Shiny Gible and W2 you get Shiny Dritini

Current Shinies:
Spoiler:

x2
x3x2x2

Last edited by Iceman3317; November 26th, 2012 at 09:28 PM.
Old November 26th, 2012, 01:52 PM
roosterman
Freaking annoying!

Nature: Brave
i was leveling up my wobbuffet in the daycare and got some eggs so i just hatched them to see if i could get one with better stats and got a shiny with perfect defenses and hp! what do you guys think i should name her? all i'v got is lady wobbuffet or ms. wobbuffet. i also got my shiny gibble the other day and evolved him to a garchomp (which was disappointing when i found out shiny garchomp look the same)

pokemon black 2 friend code: 1979 8164 1100
my best battle video: 72-38989-76548. tell me your thoughts!
"Believe it or not, angels crap much more than other beings. Ever wonder why the phrase "holy crap" is so popular?" -macomuu
Old November 26th, 2012, 09:27 PM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Got my Female Shiny Gyarados tonight. It is the one from Lake of Rage,but still a shiny. I have yet to run into any wild shinies on my Heartgold again. Though I still have a lot of the game to go after the first 8 gyms.
Old November 27th, 2012, 08:03 AM
rager3
Akatsuki Member

Quote:

Current Shinies:
Spoiler:

x2
x3x2x2

Hey how'd you do the sprites thing. I've been trying to figure it out for months but i couldn't find out. I am thinking of putting up the shinys i own . Could you help me with that ?? i'd be gratefull

http://s7.zetaboards.com/Nuzlocke_Fo...8719781/1/#new

The greatest form of control is when you think you're free when you're being fundamentally manipulated and dictated to. One form of dictatorship is being in a prison cell and you can see the bars and touch them. The other one is sitting in a prison cell but you can't see the bars but you think you're free.
~Vinnie paz
Old November 27th, 2012, 09:08 AM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rager3 View Post
Hey how'd you do the sprites thing. I've been trying to figure it out for months but i couldn't find out. I am thinking of putting up the shinys i own . Could you help me with that ?? i'd be gratefull
I go to Serebii and then go to the pokedex where they show pokemon shiny and normal spirits and then I just choose the pokemon I need and copy and paste the picture. You don't even have to highlight it.
Old November 27th, 2012, 09:49 AM
rager3
Akatsuki Member

Quote:
I go to Serebii and then go to the pokedex where they show pokemon shiny and normal spirits and then I just choose the pokemon I need and copy and paste the picture. You don't even have to highlight it.

Thanks alot man :D You just made my day

http://s7.zetaboards.com/Nuzlocke_Fo...8719781/1/#new

The greatest form of control is when you think you're free when you're being fundamentally manipulated and dictated to. One form of dictatorship is being in a prison cell and you can see the bars and touch them. The other one is sitting in a prison cell but you can't see the bars but you think you're free.
~Vinnie paz
Old November 27th, 2012, 02:52 PM
Necrum
The most dapper evil genius

Quick update, I'm up to 240 hatched Magikarp. Still no shiny, but I have many more to hatch before I'm done anyway, so maybe I'll get really lucky and score 2!

Last edited by Necrum; November 27th, 2012 at 03:03 PM.
Old November 27th, 2012, 08:02 PM
SP5Number3
Unhatched Egg

Hello there!! I would like to join this shiny hunting club! My shinies so far are as listed: 3 Cyndaquils, Pidove, Eevee, Bronzong, and Vulpix. I am currently hunting Mudkip, Squirtle, and Turtwig. (I decided to join this forum because I saw G-Money's profile pic, who I have met before)
Old November 28th, 2012, 05:57 PM
Soar
n00b

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Money View Post
Welcome to the club! I'm also trying to get all of the starters - they're the coolest! Which one are you going to try to get first?
I'm trying to get all of the Jhoto starters! But if that doesn't happen, I at least want Cyndaquil. But im going to be attempting it in Crystal, so wish me luck o.o

Pokemon Snakewood Series: Click Here :D

Pokemon Emerald Series: Click Here :D

Pokemon Dark Energy: Click Here :D
Old November 29th, 2012, 08:59 AM
TheShinyEevee
ShinyHunter Before it was Cool

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to TheShinyEevee
Thanks for all the congrats! =3

Congratulations on that Wynaut (and any others I've possibly missed? Computer... so... slow...)
Good luck with all those other hunts too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Money View Post

Woot, congrats! Only 807 encounters...WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH THE REAL TSE WHO ALWAYS GETS 50,000 ENCOUNTERS BEFORE FINDING SHINIES!!!!?

If it's worth anything, I actually had 21/22k+ at that point, I just didn't spend the time adding them all up lol! But no, not 50!
(Anyone wanna borrow my luck quickly?! :D )

Hunt update stuff:
Treecko: 14,818
Zapdos: 577
Dialga: 326
Kyurem: 6590

Kyurem's on hold until I complete one of the other three, and I'm not gonna start any new hunts after I finish the others. Still wanna do some RE hunts!!

3DS FC: 1032-1814-9041
уσυтυвє | ѕнιηу нυηтєя'ѕ ¢υв | тυмвя

Keep your head up...
Keep your heart strong.
Old November 30th, 2012, 05:03 AM
Blaze the Cat
Life hurts, and so do I

Nature: Timid
Quote:
(Anyone wanna borrow my luck quickly?! :D )

Over here :D
I need it.

I haven't been hunting lately, but I hope to run into something randomly while I'm completing the maps of Black 2.
Old November 30th, 2012, 11:50 AM
imevil
Biggest Scyther Fan
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
Been a long time but still no Starly, not giving up though.
Emerald Second City Challenge- COMPLETE
ULTIMATE MONOTYPE WATER!
Fire Red (COMPLETE) -> Crystal (COMPLETE) -> Emerald (COMPLETE) -> Platinum(COMPLETE -> Black 2

Hunger Games Challenge- District 8: Ruby 2/8

Old November 30th, 2012, 12:18 PM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

I'll quick get the sprites of my shiny Pokemon now that I know how.

(either 2 or 3)[Lake of Rage] [Soft-resetting encounter] [Traded; Probably hacked] [Traded] [Random encounter] [First shiny; Random encounter]

Those are the ones I remember, at least. n_n"
The Nidoking is my newest...just got him about a week ago as a level 14 Nidoran. The reason why I assume he's hacked is that his egg hatched in the Mystery Zone.
Old November 30th, 2012, 04:32 PM
G-Money
Polychromatic Iridescence

Nature: Jolly
PAGE 800!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

May we celebrate this glorious occasion - the beginning of a new SHCentury! May the next 800 be as great as the first! :cer_smile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosterman View Post
i was leveling up my wobbuffet in the daycare and got some eggs so i just hatched them to see if i could get one with better stats and got a shiny with perfect defenses and hp! what do you guys think i should name her? all i'v got is lady wobbuffet or ms. wobbuffet. i also got my shiny gibble the other day and evolved him to a garchomp (which was disappointing when i found out shiny garchomp look the same)
Congrats on the shiny Wobbuffet!! Yeah, Garchomp is probably the least-shiniest of any shiny. He's still my 649th favorite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP5Number3 View Post
Hello there!! I would like to join this shiny hunting club! My shinies so far are as listed: 3 Cyndaquils, Pidove, Eevee, Bronzong, and Vulpix. I am currently hunting Mudkip, Squirtle, and Turtwig. (I decided to join this forum because I saw G-Money's profile pic, who I have met before)
Welcome to the SHC, SP5Number3! Good luck on your starter hunts!

Quote:
I'm trying to get all of the Jhoto starters! But if that doesn't happen, I at least want Cyndaquil. But im going to be attempting it in Crystal, so wish me luck o.o
Awesome! The Johto starters are probably my favorite set, along with maybe the Hoenn starters and the Kanto ones...haha, I guess they're all good. But Cyndaquil is the best!

Quote:
If it's worth anything, I actually had 21/22k+ at that point, I just didn't spend the time adding them all up lol! But no, not 50!
"lol" nice job getting Treecko to 14,000+, too! Only about 35,000 more resets! :cer_laugh: *secretly takes TSE's luck buckets, collects them, and waits to pour them all on her at the same time so she can break the record and get like 10 shinies in a day*

Path of the Dragon: 2/7
Path of the Ghost: 7/18
Path of the Starter: 5/18

Last edited by G-Money; November 30th, 2012 at 05:11 PM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links