The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 3rd, 2013, 05:46 PM
PekoponTAS
Game Boy Advance Fan

Nature: Naive

Advertise here
Congrats on the Shiny Chikorita! Bet that was pretty exciting. : ) Looks like we both had a good day!
Old January 3rd, 2013, 05:52 PM
~CreamyChoco~
Happy new year to everyone

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ~CreamyChoco~ Send a message via Skype™ to ~CreamyChoco~
Guys i wanted to know... is it possible to play a hacked version then umm... get a shiny in it and that shiny will be legit? i mean like Pokemon Light Platinum what if i found a shiny in it and caught it is that a shiny pokemon that i can show in the club and it will be legit or i have to get a original pokemon game? please answer fast

Shines i caught
Old January 3rd, 2013, 06:50 PM
PekoponTAS
Game Boy Advance Fan

Me personally, I wouldn't count it. It's way too easy to cheat on a hack, and a lot of hacks modify the encounter rate of shiny Pokemon. I'd say just play on the games you have. Having a high number of shiny Pokemon doesn't mean anything in this group. It's more about the hunt, so don't worry about how many shinies you have compared to other members. : )

An update to my hunts. My current goals are to get the other two Hoenn Starters on my Ruby cartridge, and level grind Shiny Torchic on Route 102 in Sapphire with the foolish dream of finding and catching a legit shiny Ralts. (Surskit, Poochyena or Lotad would be nice too)

By the way, the Shiny Hunters chat is empty far too often. People should occasionally stop by. : )

FireRed HeartGold Ruby Platinum White2

Last edited by PekoponTAS; January 3rd, 2013 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Had more to say.
Old January 4th, 2013, 10:10 AM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Congratulations on the shiny Chikorita! I need to get my work done early today so I can do some SRing. I'm hoping for Totodile or Cyndaquil, considering I already have a shiny Bayleef from SRing.
(Copy/paste the above into your browser)
Old January 4th, 2013, 11:07 PM
PekoponTAS
Game Boy Advance Fan

Well take a look at Mr. Lucky! Yesterday I got my shiny Torchic, and I spent most of the time inbetween then and now level grinding him and playing through the game. I decided to halt progress and hunt for shinys on Jagged Pass because I would have liked any of the shinys in that area. (plus it's a rare area where you can't find Zubat or Zigzagoon) This time I kept track of how many encounters, and after only 680 encounters, look at what I caught!

It has an awesome nature, (+Special Defense / -Special Attack) I caught it in a Premier ball, and since it was a female Machop I called it "ABB-igail". (Get it?) I'm totally evolving it into Machamp. : )

Two days, two shinys, and two of the yearly quest requirements completed. To quote Mario RPG, "Things are looking up!"

Last edited by PekoponTAS; January 5th, 2013 at 02:09 AM. Reason: cut something out
Old January 5th, 2013, 08:36 AM
Keruso

Quote:
Originally Posted by PekoponTAS View Post
Well take a look at Mr. Lucky! Yesterday I got my shiny Torchic, and I spent most of the time inbetween then and now level grinding him and playing through the game. I decided to halt progress and hunt for shinys on Jagged Pass because I would have liked any of the shinys in that area. (plus it's a rare area where you can't find Zubat or Zigzagoon) This time I kept track of how many encounters, and after only 680 encounters, look at what I caught!

It has an awesome nature, (+Special Defense / -Special Attack) I caught it in a Premier ball, and since it was a female Machop I called it "ABB-igail". (Get it?) I'm totally evolving it into Machamp. : )

Two days, two shinys, and two of the yearly quest requirements completed. To quote Mario RPG, "Things are looking up!"
well, now i know where my shiny luck went. as of today, im in a three month drought, which kinda sucks
Old January 5th, 2013, 10:59 AM
~CreamyChoco~

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ~CreamyChoco~ Send a message via Skype™ to ~CreamyChoco~
i caught another shiny Marill after 3 days and 5 hours and 20 minutes of searching ... and a shiny volbeat

Shines i caught
Old January 5th, 2013, 11:26 AM
ecskate
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Relaxed
Since obtaining the shiny charm in black 2, I have caught 2 shiny piloswine, a shiny Noctowl, and a shiny nuzleaf. Currently masudo method breeding for a shiny koffing.... it looks sooo cool
Old January 5th, 2013, 11:42 AM
PekoponTAS
Game Boy Advance Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keruso View Post
well, now i know where my shiny luck went. as of today, im in a three month drought, which kinda sucks
If it makes you feel any better, I had a seven month drought of no shinys before I found these two. ; I still haven't found anything in Viridian Forest even though I've almost done 10,000 encounters there. : (

Oh, and I had a question about the current monthly quest. by "capture" does that also mean hatch? I only have third gen games, so I can't really "catch" baby Pokemon. It'd be just as tough for me to do since there's no masuda method in these games.

Last edited by PekoponTAS; January 5th, 2013 at 01:46 PM.
Old January 5th, 2013, 10:59 PM
Latios Master
11 Year PC Member

Nature: Adamant
Congrats on the shiny Torchic and Machop, PekoponTAS! You can hatch baby Pokémon too.

Congrats on the shiny Chikorita, TSE! It's a good thing you put those pictures in a spoiler.

Congrats on the shiny Marill and Volbeat, ~CreamyChoco~! What game did you catch them on? Pokémon caught on a hacked game do not count in the club.

Welcome to the club, ecskate! Congrats on the shinies!

This week's random hunt is... Baltoy!
Old January 6th, 2013, 04:17 AM
Arlo~
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Skype™ to Arlo~
I had a dream I ran into a shiny yesterday.

It wasn't even a species that existed or found in a place that exists in any game. It was called "Aryary" or some something like that :I
I woke up right as I went to google it to find out what non-shiny versions look like.

My current White 2 team
Old January 6th, 2013, 09:56 AM
~CreamyChoco~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latios Master View Post
Congrats on the shiny Marill and Volbeat, ~CreamyChoco~! What game did you catch them on? Pokémon caught on a hacked game do not count in the club.
[/B]
Ummm well i caught 2 shiny Marills 1 from pokemon emerald and another from a hack Rom and the shiny volbeat is caught on a legal pokemon emerald so don't worry

I am bored and i broke my arm in school [A bully beat me up with his gang because i love pokemon]
Any way i have been trying to get a shiny Mewtwo from pokemon Firered and i failed lol a whole day have been wasted from now time for no reason Noononononoooooooo

Shines i caught

Last edited by ~CreamyChoco~; January 6th, 2013 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old January 7th, 2013, 10:26 AM
Eeveelution Co-ordinator
Budding Breeder/Co-ordinator

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Eeveelution Co-ordinator
Sorry, i've been gone for a wile as I did a bit of a Shiny Hunting by myself, but I'm back! So I've just notice, but where's the monthly and yearly quest?

White 2:
Old January 7th, 2013, 12:24 PM
PekoponTAS
Game Boy Advance Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeveelution Co-ordinator View Post
Sorry, i've been gone for a wile as I did a bit of a Shiny Hunting by myself, but I'm back! So I've just notice, but where's the monthly and yearly quest?
monthly and yearly are on page 804. : )

As for my current hunts, I'm currently stuck at Kyogre in Sapphire, so I'm playing through LeafGreen until I can soft reset in front of Hitmonchan. Both of my current shinys are fighting types, so I might as well see how long I can keep that up before breaking the combo. So far I've only just left Mt. Moon.

Old January 7th, 2013, 01:55 PM
~CreamyChoco~

Well everyone i was just wondering why is there is no much activity on the club? i mean i thought the club will have alot of members and they will keep talking and it will be crowded and fun but only 5 to 12 person talks and in a very low rate

Shines i caught
Old January 7th, 2013, 03:11 PM
~CreamyChoco~

Everyone i wanted to say that the shiny Volbeat i have is traded! and i will remove it from my list BUT i caught a Shiny Surskit and Peko was the one who helped me to capture it and here are the pictures of the shiny surskit in the attachments
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo-0001.jpg‎ (58.9 KB, 6 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: jpg Photo-0002.jpg‎ (80.9 KB, 6 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Shines i caught
Old January 7th, 2013, 04:37 PM
Keruso

CreamyChoco, you really shouldnt double post

also, you really need to stand up for yourself against bully's. Someone beating you up over a game is.........................................stupid, to say the least. you MUST tell an adult about that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lURz8OqB8Q Metroid Prime 3: Corruption Let's Play

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiJ8gz5M8GY Ratchet and Clank 2: Going Commando Let's Play

Friend Safari: Psychic with Siglyph, Grumpig and Xatu. if you add me, please let me know and i can add you
Old January 7th, 2013, 04:58 PM
~CreamyChoco~

keruso i did stand up for my self .... why do you think hd broke my arm.... he did that because i stand up againts him... [this post have been posted by a phone]

Shines i caught
Old January 7th, 2013, 09:21 PM
G-Money
Polychromatic Iridescence

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeveelution Co-ordinator View Post
Oops, sorry about that! *updates first post*

I'm really sorry to hear about that, ~CreamyChoco~. Hope things get better for you soon! Congrats on the shiny Surskit, though!

Path of the Dragon: 2/7
Path of the Ghost: 8/18
Path of the Starter: 10/18

Last edited by G-Money; January 7th, 2013 at 09:28 PM.
Old January 8th, 2013, 12:25 AM
~CreamyChoco~

well thank you G-Money :-) by the way i wanted to thank peko for the help :-)

Shines i caught
Old January 8th, 2013, 01:57 AM
PekoponTAS
Game Boy Advance Fan

Well pretty much as soon as I got my shinies, they're gone. My sapphire save data just randomly deleted itself. Seriously, a message popped up saying "The save data has been deleted", and boom, both shinies are magically gone. So I guess I'm back to square 1. Soft reseting for shiny Torchic. It stinks, but in a way I'm a little glad. I should have properly ev trained and evolved my torchic into an awesome Blaziken, and now I have a reason to try and get him again and do it right this time. It still really stinks though. : (

Old January 8th, 2013, 03:33 AM
~CreamyChoco~

awwwww peko :-C you lost your data? thats why i hate 3rd gen games any way i have been trying to get a shiny ponyta in pokemon emerald i stopped at 125 encounter but then i was bored and i paused thd game and left to do something else.

Shines i caught
Old January 8th, 2013, 02:09 PM
Chr. Draco
Dragon Power

Nature: Jolly
Congrats on new shinies.

Sorry to hear what happened creamy choco, hope you get well soon, and remember to not face bullys alone, always ask an adult for help, and don't show them you are afraid or they will continue to bother you, just ignore them because they are just hiding that they are really cowards and jealous of you. Take things easy and always be happy because there's always a shining tomorrow. And never drop your guard.

Sorry to hear what happened to your game Peko, it was just starting or did it reach more than 999:99 hours of playing, or got hit, got dust or anything happened to it or found a glitch in the safe file, because it's really rare for a game to do that. Hope you recover your shinies soon.

Cya everyone and happy hunting.
Old January 11th, 2013, 05:40 PM
Lunafloon

Nature: Quiet
Congratulations to everyone who got a shiny since my last post! Sorry for not naming names, but I don't come her much since there seems to be 1 post every 2-3 days :/

However I do come bringing good news, I got myself a shiny today! :D

Spoiler:

I've only been soft resetting since the 7th January so this was a very very quick hunt, ~500 resets! I caught her in a Quick Ball on the 5th or 6th turn in the end, so I may as well have used a Pokéball! She's Bashful nature and I ended up calling her Gracidea. Obvious, but extremely fitting!
My boyfriend wanted me to include that today also, a good 7ish hours earlier, he found his shiny Registeel which he'd been hunting since beginning of December on and off, so in the end probably did just over the odds. He just Master Balled it and it has a Rash nature.

My plan now is to find something at Village Bridge, which I'm hoping won't take too long with the Shiny Charm, and then start my Black 2 and possibly also my Platinum Badge Quests!
Good luck everyone else on your current hunts!
Old January 12th, 2013, 09:19 AM
Keruso

GOOD LORD!!!!!!

my three month drought is over!!!
look in the spoiler to see who i caught (my pics tend to be too big for some reason)

Spoiler:

not quite who i wanted, though im glad its not another Zubat. I really wanted Cleffa or Nosepass, even Machop for crying out loud! i will eventually use this guy in the future on a team

now for my next trick! Shiny Oshawott.........when im not busy with something else

now to find a new place to hunt in for a while
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here