The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 5th, 2013, 11:56 AM
LegitRed

Nature: Calm
Shiny List:
Zubat
Golbat
Crobat
Poochyana
Geodude
Gravler

Currently hunting down:
Shiny starters
Wooper
Legendaries
Dragon type shinys

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old April 7th, 2013, 04:46 AM
Kitori
[ ICE QUEEN ]
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinyEevee View Post
I was walking to school the other week when, thinking about something completely different, my brain offered up the following prediction "I think I'm going to get all three birds in under the odds." With my huge luck at getting Zapdos in 1,300 something and Articuno just over 3,000, that leaves me room of about 3,758 SRs to get Moltres. Hopefully that prediction will come true; less than 1000 SRs to Moltres if so!
Anyone want to predict a number for my Eevee hunt to motivate me? Lol :D
Good luck with your Zapdos! I think you'll get lucky with it. As for an Eevee prediction... I'll predict 3420... and I'll hope that Koopafan's prediction is true instead. Hehe.

When you guys are counting REs, if you hunt in dark grass do you count each pokemon that shows up in a double battle or just count it as one encounter? I usually just let the game do the counting for me, but I got tired of looking back and forth at my trainer card all the time so I started counting with my computer calculator. I was counting each pokemon, but I checked back at my trainer card to make sure I wasn't missing any and the number was way different! So it looks like it counts each encounter as a battle, rather than each pokemon. I feel like I should be keeping track of each pokemon since they each have their own chance of being shiny, right? Otherwise my lunatone (which showed up in a double battle) would have been paired with another shiny.

So... anyway, my trainer card says I've had 2424 REs on route 14, but it looks like I've encountered a lot more pokemon than that. xD No shiny yet, but I have a feeling today might be the day.

Let the storm rage on....
The cold never bothered me anyway.

[ TRADE THREAD | FRIEND CODE | TWITTER | CHALLENGE | PAIR♥]

Old April 7th, 2013, 08:35 PM
Latios Master
11 Year PC Member

Nature: Adamant
Welcome to the club, koopafan29, DashieFactory, and LegitRed! I'm sorry to hear about the Patrat, koopafan29.

Congrats on the shiny Totodile, arxcrusader!

I'm sorry to hear about the Voltorb, DarkBreloom. My first ever shiny encounter was a Geodude on Silver which used Selfdestruct.

This week's random hunt is... Sandshrew!

Last edited by Latios Master; April 8th, 2013 at 01:01 PM.
Old April 8th, 2013, 12:24 AM
Spritingyoshi22
That guy over there

Nature: Brave
Wow the Pokeradar is so frustrating I managed too get a chain of 40 Dunsparce, I am resetting it to find a shiny patch and what happens I mispress the D-Pad and move into a normal patch which breaks my chain as it contained a normal Roselia.

Edit: 8/4/13 10:54 BST
Holy Shoot just completed a second chain of 40 for Dunsparce with the PokeRadar and look what I found on I believe the 3rd Pokeradar reset after I completed the chain

So glad to get this shiny as I have done quite a bit of hunting since the start of last week.
It's also my 1st hunted shiny and can learn Rain Dance (Via TM).

My other Hunts:
Dialga: 4200 SRs
Tympole: 200 REs

Last edited by Spritingyoshi22; April 8th, 2013 at 02:57 AM.
Old April 8th, 2013, 11:28 AM
PekoponTAS
Game Boy Advance Fan

Nature: Naive
Congrats on the dunsparce! You're smarter than I am at figuring things out I guess, because I cannot wrap my brain around how chaining works even with that one really big guide. Too complicated for me. XD

As for me, I took a break from hunting to just have fun with my shinies in HeartGold and play the rest of the game with them. I needed some help from my empoleon and torterra at Red, but I did finish the game. Now I intend to soft reset for a shiny charmander or squirtle for a while. Haven't fully decided which one yet, but I'll probably go for Charmander.

I actually had a really awesome fight with Lance that I probably shouldn't have even won, and thankfully I recorded it. If you're ever bored, you should watch it and see how insanely lucky I got. XD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UPqc...ature=youtu.be
(not meant as a channel plug, I just genuinely wanted to share how close this fight was)

FireRed HeartGold Ruby Platinum White2

Last edited by PekoponTAS; April 8th, 2013 at 11:58 AM.
Old April 10th, 2013, 10:14 AM
Lunafloon

Nature: Quiet
Anyone remember me? My last post was January 12th with my shiny Shaymin! I haven't been around this club in a while since the last few times I was here there was barely any posts, so I made my nest at Serebii for all my shiny news, but I thought it was about time for an update!

Since my last post I have found a shiny Golduck (10525 random encounters), Chimchar (11 soft resets), Growlithe (4672 random encounters) and most importantly, I finally got shiny Snivy after much on and off hunting at 1748 soft resets! I also picked up a couple trade/event shinies as seen in my signature!
I'm now hunting for my Platinum and Black 2 badge quests! I have Drifloon and various honey tree hunts on Platinum and I'm alternating between Virbank Complex and Floccesy Ranch on Black 2! I also have other hunts on hiatus, including hatching for a shiny Mudkip with the Masuda method, and soft resetting Heatran on White 2!

Congrats to EVERYONE who got a shiny since January, I'm reading through the posts I missed now, and good luck to everyone hunting! I'll try and at least update you guys when I get a shiny from now on!
Old April 11th, 2013, 11:03 AM
Kitori
[ ICE QUEEN ]

5465 REs on route 14 in White 2... not including double battles. Something has to shine soon! Peko and I have been chilling in the chat almost every night but I haven't seen much of anyone else! Come join us, guys! Is it really just normally dead or is it a time zone thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritingyoshi22 View Post
Holy Shoot just completed a second chain of 40 for Dunsparce with the PokeRadar and look what I found on I believe the 3rd Pokeradar reset after I completed the chain
Congrats on the Dunsparce! Man, that's a super cute shiny! *-* Good luck with your other hunts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PekoponTAS View Post
I actually had a really awesome fight with Lance that I probably shouldn't have even won, and thankfully I recorded it. If you're ever bored, you should watch it and see how insanely lucky I got. XD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UPqc...ature=youtu.be
I know I already told you this... but that was such an awesome fight. xD Go Greg!~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunafloon View Post
Anyone remember me? My last post was January 12th with my shiny Shaymin! I haven't been around this club in a while since the last few times I was here there was barely any posts, so I made my nest at Serebii for all my shiny news, but I thought it was about time for an update!

Since my last post I have found a shiny Golduck (10525 random encounters), Chimchar (11 soft resets), Growlithe (4672 random encounters) and most importantly, I finally got shiny Snivy after much on and off hunting at 1748 soft resets! I also picked up a couple trade/event shinies as seen in my signature!
Welcome back, Lunafloon! I cant say I remember you, since I've only been here a little while myself, but it's nice to see returning members! Congrats on the shinies you've gotten!

Old April 11th, 2013, 11:23 AM
TheShinyEevee
ShinyHunter Before it was Cool

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to TheShinyEevee
Welcome to the club the new members that have joined! (I'll refrain from naming names for fear of missing somebody out lol...)
@Kitori, I've yet to complete an RE hunt but I would count each separate pokemon as one encounter for exactly the reasons you stated I think it must be timezones, I do hang around when I can. Is this what I get for being "across the pond" haha? I hope to chat to some more of you very soon!
@Peko That Lance fight was insane, and made me laugh a few times too XD
Welcome back Lunafloon! I do remember you, how could one not? Haha! Were you posting your shiny successes in any threads in Serebii? Extra reading on your shiny adventures may well prove as motivation lol! 11 soft resets?! Woooah!

And congrats on the Dunsparce Spritingyoshi! Did you get any others off the chain?

As for moi~
I was hoping to get a shiny this spring break but with three days left it isn't looking likely. I'll just triple hunt for the rest of it (adding Dialga) in the hopes! Didn't get Moltres in 3800 either lol:
Moltres SR: 3910
Eevee MM: 1570
Dialga SR: 1759

3DS FC: 1032-1814-9041
уσυтυвє | ѕнιηу нυηтєя'ѕ ¢υв | тυмвя

Keep your head up...
Keep your heart strong.
Old April 11th, 2013, 12:18 PM
Bern

Nature: Relaxed
Im backkkkkkkkkkk. No shiny news though.

Did 4900 soft resets for drifloon, and no luck yet ;(

I have built up 3000+ re's on lg and fr with no shiny too, >.>

Well hopefully were all lucky and get our wants :D!

I think ill go chain for now, since i have decent experience.

Gl to all!

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old April 11th, 2013, 01:24 PM
PekoponTAS
Game Boy Advance Fan

I had massive insomnia last night, so I stayed up pretty much all night listening to "Half in the Bag" and drawing. I drew pictures of all my shinies to put in my signature, but the problem is they're so tiny you don't get to see the full detail. So I figured I'd just post bigger versions in the chat for you to see. (In spoiler tags of course) This was drawn with pencil, a super thin fine tip sharpie marker and this really awesome 24 pack of multicoloured sharpies. (Gotta try and buy more since it's a limited time item)

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I drew Zebstrika really dumb since I didn't care at all that I found a shiny Zebstrika since it's a Pokemon I don't care about, and it's a lame shiny, so I felt the effort I put into his drawing should reflect that. XD
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

These were pretty fun to draw, so I look forward to doing more when I catch other shinies. Unless of course my next shiny Pokemon has hands and fingers. Then it will be a pain to draw. XD

Old April 12th, 2013, 11:11 AM
Spritingyoshi22
That guy over there

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally posted by PekoponTAS
I drew pictures of all my shinies to put in my signature, but the problem is they're so tiny you don't get to see the full detail. So I figured I'd just post bigger versions in the chat for you to see. (In spoiler tags of course) This was drawn with pencil, a super thin fine tip sharpie marker and this really awesome 24 pack of multicoloured sharpies. (Gotta try and buy more since it's a limited time item)
Those are some epic drawings PekoponTAS. The derp Zebstrika is probably my fav. Also watched your Lance battle and Greg the Beedrill is a boss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern
Did 4900 soft resets for drifloon, and no luck yet ;(

I have built up 3000+ re's on lg and fr with no shiny too, >.>
Good Luck with those hunts dude, Hopefully 1 will shine soon

Quote:
Originally posted by TheShinyEevee
congrats on the Dunsparce Spritingyoshi! Did you get any others off the chain?
Thanks and no I kind’ve ended the chain on purpose after I caught the shiny

Quote:
Originaly posted by Kitori
Congrats on the Dunsparce! Man, that's a super cute shiny! *-*
Thanks!

Good luck with your hunts everyone!
Old April 12th, 2013, 07:32 PM
Kitori
[ ICE QUEEN ]

@Bern: Welcome back!

@PekoponTAS: I already told you in chat, but amazing drawings! I think Greg is my favorite, but Pidgeot is also really good and Zebstrika made me giggle. >3

No shiny news from me... I only did a hand-full of REs today and yesterday. I might take a break from RE soon, especially if something doesn't shine quickly. >< I want to play through some older games and get to some legendaries that I can SR. We'll see how that goes since I have almost the whole weekend free~

Old April 12th, 2013, 10:03 PM
Bern

Well, I bring shiny news!

I reached 5400 soft resets for drifloon with nothing :/
I reached 5000+ rand encounters on firered and leafgreen and nothing still :c

But!!!! I decided to chain for some giggles afterwards. I decided to do ponyta, as i want a 3rd one (idk why, but blue flames look sick anyways). So im chaining blah blah and i saw a shiny patch!! and at chain of 16!!! Thats really lucky i think.

Sad thing is i forgot to faint my syncher.... so i dont know if the nature will be synched if i change the slot of my pokemon after i activate the patch, but we will see. Ill update when i catch it.

EDIT: Well! Jolly synch worked! but the ability.... out of my 3 shiny ponyta's each has run away -.- i want flash fire for god sake lol.... anyways... ill take it! Ill try to get to 40 and achieve my goal lol.

Here are some pictures!

The fact it has run away makes me mad, but since i got this so easily, and within 25 minutes, i cant complain! Time to continue the chain. Furthermore, ive been wondering about the chat, everytime i go in their its so dead, so i avoid it, but it would be nice to hunt with others so ill keep checking. Also ive been watching nikita while i hunt now . Cant stop watching it lelele.

Goodluck to others!

Last edited by Bern; April 12th, 2013 at 10:14 PM.
Old April 12th, 2013, 11:15 PM
PekoponTAS
Game Boy Advance Fan

Keep checking the chat. Me and a couple other people are in there pretty often, and the more the merrier. We're not always there, but we always like it when more people join.

EDIT: I bring shiny happiness! I tried chaining for the first time today, and was surprised at how difficult and stressful it was at first. I figured it out pretty quickly though, and I was able to get THREE shinies of one of my favourite Pokemon, the ever so cuddly Pachirisu!

Of the three, this one was perfect. Modest nature, Pick-up ability, and it even had the IV quote I wanted of "loves to eat". Not so much for the HP IVs, but because Squirrels are cute when they eat. :3

I'll probably keep the other two in fourth gen, but this one will eventually be transferred to gen five with Beedrill. I don't know if I'll do another chain hunt any time soon since it was pretty stressful, but I'm glad I did this one. : )

Last edited by PekoponTAS; April 14th, 2013 at 12:17 AM. Reason: Cut out my whining, replaced with shiny joy!
Old April 14th, 2013, 08:05 AM
Bern

Nice!!

Yeah chaining can be really stressful, i remember chaining nincada and i got to 38, and it broke, the next time it broke at 36 i wanted to smash my ds. I also chained ralts and failed like 20 times.... my best is 35 -.-. But i have a lot of chain shinys (around 20 species) Gl on your other chains.

Old April 14th, 2013, 10:13 AM
Kitori
[ ICE QUEEN ]

@PekoponTAS: GRATS Peko! Now I want to try chaining even more than before. >< I'm so jealous!

Ugh, guys, I want to curb stomp my DS. xD ~9000 REs and no shiny... with the shining charm. What the heck?! I'm even more worried than before that I've just been missing them by not paying attention but I feel like that's unlikely since none of the ones in the area are subtle...

Old April 14th, 2013, 10:40 AM
TheShinyEevee
ShinyHunter Before it was Cool

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to TheShinyEevee
Congratulations Bern on the Ponyta and Peko on the Pachirisu!

So it's looking very doubtful I'll get a shiny this spring break, with only an hour left to hunt ):
However I far surpassed my goal of 5,000 Moltres SRs, so I'll throw some numbers at you:
Dialga SRs: 2675
Moltres SR: 5415
Eevee MM: 1750 Eggs hatched

3DS FC: 1032-1814-9041
уσυтυвє | ѕнιηу нυηтєя'ѕ ¢υв | тυмвя

Keep your head up...
Keep your heart strong.

Last edited by TheShinyEevee; April 14th, 2013 at 11:03 AM.
Old April 14th, 2013, 10:55 AM
Latios Master
11 Year PC Member

Nature: Adamant
Congrats on the shiny Dunsparce, Spritingyoshi22!

Of course I remember you, Lunafloon! Welcome back! Congrats on the shinies!

Congrats on the shiny Ponyta, Bern!

Congrats on the shiny Pachirisu, Peko! I like the drawings.

This week's random hunt is... Venipede!
Old April 15th, 2013, 02:36 PM
fishyfins
Reality Sculptor

Hey guys! Ive finally finished replaying all the games i had stolen from me, and have fully completed the national pokedex on white 2 to get my shiny charm! all my special pokes (including my shinies) have been transfered to White 2 as well. So now, i can start my shiny hunts! I think first, i will hunt for Sandile :)TO THE DESERT RESORT! *rushes off*
Old April 15th, 2013, 11:52 PM
PekoponTAS
Game Boy Advance Fan

I got another shiny, but in a kind of odd way. I actually traded one of my shiny Pachirisu to Kitori for her Shiny Lunatone that she caught a few pages back. I had intended to hunt a lunatone eventually, and she wasn't too thrilled when she got her Lunatone, and since I had two other shiny Pachirisu from my chaining, we traded! Normally getting shinies in trades isn't that special, but when you get one in a trade with someone you know, and also when you know that person got it 100% legit, it's still pretty exciting. : )

Old April 16th, 2013, 04:36 AM
nizare18
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Modest
Sorry i meant to post this weeks ago but couldn't find my usb cord for my phone. But here it is my lovely pokemon who i call Stickybuns. Caught it in a moon ball, I was leaving from a clamperl swarm and decided to start hatching eggs again for a shiny vulpix, no luck so far around 2300 eggs and still nothing. Still trying to get one but this will satisfy me for the time lost. For ditto's nature doesn't matter to me and neither are the stats, haven't checked iv's but this will only be as a trophy.
20130313_095200[1].jpg

20130313_095511[1].jpg

20130313_095633[1].jpg

20130313_095649[1].jpg
Old April 16th, 2013, 05:35 AM
Kitori
[ ICE QUEEN ]

@TheShinyEevee: I hope you got something! I'm sure you're at least getting close to a moltres shine!

@Fishyfins: Congrats on your shining charm and good luck with your sandile!

@PekoponTAS: I'm sure it will be much happier with you than in my PC box. =p

@nizare18: Congrats on the shiny ditto! I actually had a shiny ditto back when I still had my copy of Pearl. I think I got really lucky with the pokeradar on that one... I was just looking for a ditto with it and got a shiny, I didn't know about chaining at the time. ;

EDIT 10:36AM: AHHH SHINY ABSOL! ^___^ I'm so happy!

6707 total battles but with the double grass I would estimate 8383-8920 total REs. It's nature is Rash which isn't a good one for it... but I don't care. x3

Oh, and it can learn rain dance so that's two for the monthly challenge!

Last edited by Kitori; April 16th, 2013 at 09:39 AM.
Old April 16th, 2013, 04:39 PM
Bern

Well, no shiny news yet V_v havent done any sr's just random encounters.

I am currently on the hunt for some more gameboy advanced cartridges so far i found a copy of sapphire at a garage sale for 5$ which i picked up in a heartbeat. I might order crystal online just for nostalgia as i lost my childhood copy (i think...) anyways i want to have more cartidges to hunt on so... Ill be scouting around. I am also looking for some cheap SP's. Hopefully i get a bargain, my friend got pokemon red,blue,yellow,crystal, firered and emerald all for 40$.... so lucky ;3..

Edit: Chained phanpy to 34 and taking a break for now! Shiny donphan is going to look sweet!

Last edited by Bern; April 16th, 2013 at 08:02 PM.
Old April 17th, 2013, 08:27 AM
Kitori
[ ICE QUEEN ]

No more shiny hunting yet for me... I'm trying to decide what to do now! All that hunting on route 14 kind of jaded me on REs while I was doing it... but now that I got the absol I kind of want to jump back into it! LOL. Akali the absol is now EV trained and I'm working on leveling her to 100. ; I might go back to MMing for zorua...

@Bern: Good luck with your GBA cartridge hunt! I've been battling with myself over re-buying a DS Lite so I could play GBA games and still transfer them over to the DS games but I think I'm leaning towards not doing that... I would mostly want it for shiny hunting in Gen III, but with the rumors of them remaking R/S I might just wait and save the money. Good luck with your phanpy hunt too!

Old April 17th, 2013, 06:15 PM
PekoponTAS
Game Boy Advance Fan

I decided to do another chaining hunt to catch another of my favourite, oddly cute Pokemon, and this was actually a pretty easy hunt since the area of grass was so huge that it made chaining it really easy. I got to fourty on my first try, and ended up catching three shiny Chatot before I got one I liked and ended the chain.

(he's holding a blue shard because I'm going to trade him to platinum and teach him some move tutor moves)

I named it Dinty after my Grandma's parrot, and while it's not the greatest nature, it has really good ivs, so I was fine with that. I'll trade one to heart gold of course, then I don't know what I'll do with the third one. :/

Still, that's another shiny for me! I think now with the four shiny battlers I have, I could beat the round 2 elite four in black 2 with basically no problems. I might even be able to take on the challenge mode round 2 elite four! I also notice that this is another bird shiny I have. (Torchic and Pidgeot being the others)

In case you were wondering, the other two are named Chitchat and Chatbot.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links