The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 3rd, 2013, 02:45 PM
Razer302
Three Days Grace - Break

Nature: Quiet

Advertise here
I use a calculator on my computer/laptop/phone based on where I am. I always end up losing any other form such as paper so I find it best to use my laptop as I normally SR/RE while watching anime anyway.

350 Coballion SR using charm no luck yet.
Old June 4th, 2013, 03:50 AM
Poldie
Unhatched Egg

I use MyCountR to record my SR's and RE's. I don't know if they have it on Android tho. But it's a realy nice app :-)
Old June 4th, 2013, 05:14 AM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I've been using a calculator, but it turns off automatically after a while, so when I'm done SRing for a while, I write down the number on a piece of paper and put it in my game system. Seems to work well.

I'm at 480 encounters on Heartgold version for a shiny starter, only including what I've done last night and this morning. I'm concerned about being able to get my first badge to trade over without having the starter gain any experience / EV points (I'd like it to be UT for my trade shop), though.
(Copy/paste the above into your browser)
Old June 4th, 2013, 01:49 PM
Kitori
[ ICE QUEEN ]
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Sassy
@Razor302: Oh, man. That sucks! I have nightmares about finding a shiny and accidentally killing it or accidentally running away. Good luck on the shiny moltres!

@Cheesecake: Jeeze! Save some of that luck for the rest of us! xD Congrats on the Chinchou, though! I love that pokemon :3

@HereComesHeracross: Congrats on the shiny starlies!

@Janske: Thanks for the congrats! :D I think Ninetails is the best fire pokemon, personally, but I love infernape's purple hands. xD

@Dimitrius: Sorry to hear about that! Glad everything is on the up-swing!

@Simplysam: Grats on your shiny gastly!

@Paulthagerous: Thanks for giving us the story of your shinies! It was cool getting to read about where you got each of them. I'd like to hear more stories from others about their past pokemon, but I guess we hear about everyone's new pokemon as they get them. ;

Thanks to everyone who congratulated my chimchar, he's now an EV trained monferno. xD 900 REs while doing that with him so far in Platinum for The Shiny Hunter Challenge.

Good luck on your hunts everyone!

Let the storm rage on....
The cold never bothered me anyway.

[ TRADE THREAD | FRIEND CODE | TWITTER | CHALLENGE | PAIR♥]

Old June 4th, 2013, 07:08 PM
Latios Master
11 Year PC Member

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulthagerous View Post
PS if we don't have a fifth gen game is there any exceptions for the yearly quest? IE would 2x first gen be ok?
Welcome to the club! If you don't have a 5th gen game, then I think a good alternative would be a previous gen Pokémon that is obtainable in the 5th gen games. For example, Castelia City has Rattata, Buneary, Skitty, and Eevee. To find more, you can check Serebii.net's Pokéarth. Unova is on the bottom of the page. http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/

Congrats on the shiny Rattata, Cheesecake(GlassTheDragon)! Good luck on finding Mareep!
Old June 4th, 2013, 07:44 PM
Paulthagerous
Master of the Dragonites

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latios Master View Post
Welcome to the club! If you don't have a 5th gen game, then I think a good alternative would be a previous gen Pokémon that is obtainable in the 5th gen games. For example, Castelia City has Rattata, Buneary, Skitty, and Eevee. To find more, you can check Serebii.net's Pokéarth. Unova is on the bottom of the page. http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/

Thanks for that. I am sure by the end of the year I can manage to grab one that fits

When we are checking off what we have is there a master list or is it an honour based system? I would think by now some people have already completed the yearly quest.

Gen 4 Shiny Card:
Spoiler:

Friend Code: 0877 1355 2214
Friend Safari: Grass and contains Gogoat, Ivysaur, and Tangela.

Feel free to add me, please send PM with your FC so I can add you back

Last edited by Paulthagerous; June 4th, 2013 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Fixing quote
Old June 5th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Janske
Shinyhunter - Trance for life

Nature: Jolly
@Kitori: Yes wow tell me about it haha, but I also love infernape just cuz I love using him competitive:p. But ninetails is indeed a beautiful shiny. I might once breed for it in BW:p
Old June 5th, 2013, 07:19 PM
Latios Master
11 Year PC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulthagerous View Post
Thanks for that. I am sure by the end of the year I can manage to grab one that fits

When we are checking off what we have is there a master list or is it an honour based system? I would think by now some people have already completed the yearly quest.
It's an honor system. I'm not sure if anyone has completed the yearly quest yet.
Old June 5th, 2013, 07:28 PM
Paulthagerous
Master of the Dragonites

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latios Master View Post
It's an honor system. I'm not sure if anyone has completed the yearly quest yet.

Fair enough. Might I suggest a 'Hall of Fame' in the first post to record who has done it? Could be cool to see who has. Clearly I am not even close though

Gen 4 Shiny Card:
Spoiler:

Old June 5th, 2013, 08:12 PM
Lady Demoonica Darkmoon
Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinyEevee View Post
Would you mind telling this young new hunter horror stories of the 2 lost shinies in 3 encounters? O:
It was years (and game Generations) ago, back when I was going through my copies of Ruby/Sapphire. I had made it all the way to Victory Road. I was running back and forth inside the cave entrance, when I hit a Shiny Golbat. I switch out my high level party leader for a Pokemon 10 levels lower than the Golbat, intending to hit it once and start tossing balls. I unfortunately ended up getting a critical and 1-hit KO it. It was sad, yes, but still only a Golbat. I next hit (I think it was) a Hariyama, and ran. A few steps later another fight, a Shiny Lairon! Well I wasn't going to attack that, so I toss an Ultra Ball at it. No, it broke out! Okay I'll toss another next- Lairon used Roar! No! NO~! How in the... *cries*

Yes, it was the worst day in Shiny Hunters history. *nods sagely* It's why I started keeping a Master Ball on me at all times (when possible) normally trading one over to a new game, in the off-chance of ever hitting another Shiny with Roar/Whirlwind/etc.

Also, I now never attack a Shiny at all. I instead own several thousand Balls as soon as I start making money (I never buy healing items so it adds up fast) so i can sit back and never worry about running out of balls.

*The old hunter returns her gaze to the fire.*

Updates, I finished White Treehollow so I have picked up the Shiny Dratini (I don't think I announced that yet, did I?) and I know I haven't said this because I just did it, but finished the Unova Dex on White2 and went out and caught another Haxsourus.

And I can't spell anything. >_<

Demoonica's Fan Fiction
Co-Owner of the Shiny Hunters Club
Old June 5th, 2013, 08:17 PM
Paulthagerous
Master of the Dragonites

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Demoonica Darkmoon View Post
It's why I started keeping a Master Ball on me at all times (when possible) normally trading one over to a new game, in the off-chance of ever hitting another Shiny with Roar/Whirlwind/etc.

Thanks for the story, and I too trade a Master Ball over ASAP just in case...

Gen 4 Shiny Card:
Spoiler:

Old June 5th, 2013, 08:30 PM
Lady Demoonica Darkmoon
Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner

Your welcome, the original post is someplace way back in the 800 pages. You get the full effect of it in the hunter-breakdown I had. ;;; Heh. But it really does make a great horror story.

On the bright side, I did get "revenge" on my bad luck. It took some time, but I eventually caught both a Shiny Zubat and Shiny Aron, who in honor of their lost forerunners, I have kept as a Golbat and Lairon.

Demoonica's Fan Fiction
Co-Owner of the Shiny Hunters Club
Old June 5th, 2013, 08:48 PM
TheShinyEevee
ShinyHunter Before it was Cool

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to TheShinyEevee
Hey everyone!

Sorry I haven't been able to post much, school loves to get in the way consistently but I do have some good news!

I was having a phone call with my friend last night when he had to go, and I only had about half an hour till bed, so I picked up Eevee and Mudkip for a bit and almost didn't start recording. Then a lovely little shiny appeared!
I didn't take any pictures haha, so I'll upload the video and put a link here.... bear with....

EDIT: Clicky clicky

3DS FC: 1032-1814-9041
уσυтυвє | ѕнιηу нυηтєя'ѕ ¢υв | тυмвя

Keep your head up...
Keep your heart strong.

Last edited by TheShinyEevee; June 6th, 2013 at 08:58 PM.
Old June 5th, 2013, 10:54 PM
nwh212
Unhatched Egg

I only have a joltik shiny pokemon card, but I want to join, please! I promise I will look for shinies, and I am determined to get to work.
Old June 6th, 2013, 05:35 AM
Cheesecake(GlassTheDragon)

Nature: Hardy
Quote:
Hey everyone!

Sorry I haven't been able to post much, school loves to get in the way consistently but I do have some good news!

I was having a phone call with my friend last night when he had to go, and I only had about half an hour till bed, so I picked up Eevee and Mudkip for a bit and almost didn't start recording. Then a lovely little shiny appeared!
I didn't take any pictures haha, so I'll upload the video and put a link here.... bear with....
Congrats TSE! on finally getting that stubborn eevee!

Sorry i haven't posted in a while I've been hunting like crazy and a few days ago I found a shiny yanma in the great marsh I tossed 1 safari ball at it and it broke out and of course it fled it sucked losing a shiny but I chose to hunt in the Great Marsh and we must live with the mistakes we make.

As for mareep now another 4150 REs and still haven't found anything but I'm keeping my hopes up that the next shiny I find is mareep

Old June 6th, 2013, 11:09 AM
Janske
Shinyhunter - Trance for life

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Hey everyone!

About time you got it haha! Well deserved xD!

I am at 13k RE for nidoran and NOTHING this is just complete insanity haha. I really need one :'(
Old June 6th, 2013, 12:55 PM
Paulthagerous
Master of the Dragonites

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janske View Post
About time you got it haha! Well deserved xD!

I am at 13k RE for nidoran and NOTHING this is just complete insanity haha. I really need one :'(
Based on your signature you have had a LOT of quick hunts so it was statistically likely that one eventually took a long time

Gen 4 Shiny Card:
Spoiler:

Old June 6th, 2013, 12:59 PM

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME OUT OF ALL THE POKEMON ON THIS ROUTE...

I didn't think it would happen I kept telling myself I would get something new this time but as you can see that was a lie
even with static this hunt still remains to failw ith the same shiny everytime at least this one is a female oh well you must
stay optimistic and never give up let this be a lesson guys if you really want something never stop until it is yours.

Old June 6th, 2013, 01:03 PM
Paulthagerous
Master of the Dragonites

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesecake(GlassTheDragon) View Post
YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME OUT OF ALL THE POKEMON ON THIS ROUTE...
Just remember some people aren't even on the board yet, and you have 4...

Gen 4 Shiny Card:
Spoiler:

Old June 7th, 2013, 02:17 PM
fishyfins
Reality Sculptor

Quote:
Hey everyone!

EDIT: Clicky clicky
Huge gratz on the ellusive Eevee glad you finally got it will you be evolving it, or keeping as is?

Im currently on 3615 resets on SS, still trying for that Chikorita. It will shine soon, i know it! *defiant stance*
Old June 7th, 2013, 03:16 PM

FINA-FREAKINGLY AFTER 22240 REs 3 SHINY RATTATAS AND POKERUS THIS BEAUTY APPEARED:

Yes this baby finally appeared a month since I started my Badge Quest I still can't believe it I've never worked this hard for a shiny (oshawott) It had a saasy nature and somewhat vain I don't care if i sucks its here and its mines I caught it in an epic heal ball and now I'm on my way to Bugsy for the 2nd badge and on to abra THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT and good luck on your hunts never give up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old June 7th, 2013, 03:22 PM
Bern

Nature: Relaxed
WOW, omg gz 3 shinies and pokerus is well... 1/8192 each and pokerus is even 10 times that. I would say thats very succesful as you could trade a rattata for something else as you have the entire evolutionary line in shiny form! '

Well im back guys and resuming drifloon hunt, wrote my final 2 exams today so hello summer!

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old June 8th, 2013, 05:48 AM
Poldie
Unhatched Egg

Huge grats on eevee TSE
And huge grats on the mareep ;-)
And grats to all the other shiny's :-D

My shiny hunt for cobalion is at 3200 now, buy didn't have alot of time to hunt, as I have alot to plan for my wedding in 2 months.

Happy Hunting and good luck guys :-D
Old June 8th, 2013, 12:51 PM
Spritingyoshi22
That guy over there

Nature: Brave
Havn't been able to post for a while as I had my end of year exams this week! I also havn't been hunting too much, not even in the small opportunities I've had (oops).

Congratz on the Mareep CheeseCake and the Rattata (Maybe?) also sorry about the Yanma, it's pretty sad to lose a shiny (Damn Hariyama) especially an cool one like Yanma.
Congratz on the Eevee THS, it looks pretty cool.

Congratz to people who got any other shinies while I was away.

As for my hunts:
Not really much progress, plan to SR like crazy for Dialga for the rest of tonight. Also I can now double hunt for Dialga as I finally got up to him/her/it on my 2nd Diamond version but I enjoy single SRing more, Not gonna progress further just yet, just incase I change my mind. Also I started REing in the Ertena forest on platinum, dunno how i started i just kinda picked up platinum and started doing REs
Old June 8th, 2013, 01:21 PM
TheShinyEevee
ShinyHunter Before it was Cool

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to TheShinyEevee
Hey everyone! Back again. After 3270 random encounters over 3 days of hunting I've found a Shiny Weedle on my SS! Here are some photos.

Spoiler:

I got very excited over this one!

Click here to see the video!

3DS FC: 1032-1814-9041
уσυтυвє | ѕнιηу нυηтєя'ѕ ¢υв | тυмвя

Keep your head up...
Keep your heart strong.

Last edited by TheShinyEevee; June 8th, 2013 at 01:48 PM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here