Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs
Reload this Page ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old June 11th, 2013 (10:33 AM).
Razer302
Three Days Grace - Break

Nature: Quiet
Still no Shiny Coballion. Which is driving me mad haha. Hate trying to be patient.

Seeing mroe X and Y footage has me hyped for that and still trying to work out how I will ahve all the money to buy a 3DS lol.
Old June 11th, 2013 (01:00 PM). Edited June 11th, 2013 by Lady Demoonica Darkmoon.
Lady Demoonica Darkmoon
Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner

Nature: Adamant
UPDATE!

So, on Friday I was out of town (state even) staying with a friend, I randomly restarted my copy of Ruby, just to do a run through, because I always restart the game I buy second, not that it really matters after I move up to a new generation... I'm rambling.

So I've been playing through it like normal (start with a Torchic, get an Absol soon as I can, etc.) Anyway, started fishing for Luvdisc Once I got to at the top of the waterfall (Evergrande City) you know right before Victory Road cave? Because it's easier to hunt Luvdisc in the older game, better %. And I got this beautiful surprise during the hour I was fishing! Some of you might remember me failing to find one, several years ago. ~_ ~;;;

Luvdisc (shiny!)
Female

Nature Quiet
Somewhat vain
level 35

HP 75
ATK 34
DEF 49
Sp ATK 44
Sp DEF 59
Speed 71

Ability Swift Swim (I don't think they have any other?) Whatever.

I've moved her over to my copy of Black 1, where 99% of my shinies are right now.

Edit: I need to get a new Hunters card.

Demoonica's Fan Fiction
Co-Owner of the Shiny Hunters Club
Old June 11th, 2013 (04:24 PM).
Bern

Nature: Relaxed
Omg gratz on luvdisc :D!

Anywho I have been soft resetting today and got to a total of 6000 resets! (400 more than last time) for my drifloon. I love that yellow balloon with the cyan/turqoise combo, im probs going to not evolve it when i get it cause its so damn cute . I also have been REing at the same time, so i also got around 1000 encounters on FR/LG. today has been pretty productive and i hope to reach 600-700 resets in total for today and hopefully reaching 8192 resets by this Saturday! Gl on you hunts guys! and Gl on the shiny mew competition!

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old June 11th, 2013 (04:46 PM).
Razer302
Three Days Grace - Break

My baterrys on my ruby and saphire have run out unfortunately. Ruby was the first game I ever completed the pokedex on and no matter how hard I try I can't bring myself to reset the game and since sapphire clock ran out while I was SRing for a starter making it so i can't get it anymore I haven't touched it. Really wish I had more copies with battery left to SR on.
Old June 11th, 2013 (05:28 PM).
Lady Demoonica Darkmoon
Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner

I've had oddly good luck with batteries, it took much longer for my old Gold/Silver/Crystal ones to run dry than what people told me it should. I think Sapphire might be gone, but Ruby was a somewhat newer copy (compared to Sapphire)

I also could never bring myself to restart Sapphire, I caught my shiny Duskul on it, my first Gen3 shiny (so the first that counted in this Club)

I have thought about popping open a copy (well have a computer savey friend do it) and see if we can replaces the battery.

Demoonica's Fan Fiction
Co-Owner of the Shiny Hunters Club
Old June 11th, 2013 (09:08 PM). Edited June 12th, 2013 by TheShinyEevee.
TheShinyEevee
ShinyHunter Before it was Cool

Send a message via Skype™ to TheShinyEevee
Quote originally posted by Razer302:
My baterrys on my ruby and saphire have run out unfortunately. Ruby was the first game I ever completed the pokedex on and no matter how hard I try I can't bring myself to reset the game and since sapphire clock ran out while I was SRing for a starter making it so i can't get it anymore I haven't touched it. Really wish I had more copies with battery left to SR on.
Quote originally posted by Lady Demoonica Darkmoon:
I've had oddly good luck with batteries, it took much longer for my old Gold/Silver/Crystal ones to run dry than what people told me it should. I think Sapphire might be gone, but Ruby was a somewhat newer copy (compared to Sapphire)

I also could never bring myself to restart Sapphire, I caught my shiny Duskul on it, my first Gen3 shiny (so the first that counted in this Club)

I have thought about popping open a copy (well have a computer savey friend do it) and see if we can replaces the battery.

You really don't need to be computer savvy at all, I'm not and I did it easily. It saves so much time and money replacing the batteries yourself! People get scared because it's opening up your cartridge but all it involves is opening it, taking out the battery and putting a new one in. It's a common misconception that you need skill xD Click here to see how to do it!

Congrats LDD on that Luvdisc, what a purty shiny! (I still make cards if you're interested )

EDIT:

Guys! "while the Horde Encounters pit a single one of your Pokemon against an entire horde of wild foes."
Isn't that going to be amazing for hunting??

EDIT 2: With some more X&Y news in relation to shinies....
Horde Encounters seem to have 4/5 pokemon pitted against yours. It seemed to be mentioned that these type of battles were trainers battles as well as wild encounters, but 5 pokemon at once will make encounters very fast!

Also, it seems as though the new video footage actually snuck a shiny in there.
Spoiler:

See the pink hooves, darker leaves and sparkles? Do you think this was just lighting or this is in fact our first glimpse of a shiny?

3DS FC: 1032-1814-9041
уσυтυвє | ѕнιηу нυηтєя'ѕ ¢υв | тυмвя

Keep your head up...
Keep your heart strong.
Old June 11th, 2013 (10:21 PM). Edited June 11th, 2013 by Latios Master.
Latios Master
11 Year PC Member

I'm sorry to hear about the lost Eevee, mad4mareeps!

Welcome to the club, Pikayosh! Congrats on the shinies! You can hunt on them, but they don't count in the club.

Congrats on the shiny Luvdisc, LDD!

The recent X/Y news has got me more interested in playing White and Black 2.

Litwick: 2,874

EDIT: I just realized that I've been a member of PC for 10 years, since May 1st, 2003. I feel old.
Old June 12th, 2013 (01:50 AM).
Paulthagerous
Master of the Dragonites

Nature: Calm
@LDD Congrats on the Luvdisc!

Been a good day for me as I got 2 shinies
(well, one is Red Gyarados from Lake of Rage so doesn't really count!)

The other one was the 11,791st one I saw and it evolves into my favorite Pokemon of them all:

Spoiler:

And because they never get old, here's Red Gyarados as well (lighting was better in first photo).

Spoiler:

Not 100% sure on what I will hunt for next, more interested in evolving him!

Gen 4 Shiny Card:
Spoiler:
Old June 12th, 2013 (08:33 AM).
Poldie
Unhatched Egg

Quote originally posted by Janske:
@Poldie: WTF are you a Belgian too? Zalig man ikke ook xD. First Belgian I encounter in the wild excluding myself haha!
Cool, another Belgian :D

I'm from Ghent :D

never tough i would find Belgian people here :D
Old June 12th, 2013 (11:14 AM).
fishyfins
Reality Sculptor

Pikayosh - Welcome to the group, gratz on past shinies

LDD - Gratz on the Luvdisc. walways been a shiny ive wanted

Paulthagerous - Huge gratz on the Dratini! a great shiny! and gyaradosas well i guess XD

Latios Master - Thats a long time. Even ive not been on this forum that long! (and ive, for the most part, been very inactive)

Im currently at 4600 resets on my Chikorita hunts and counting want to be 5000 by end of tomorrow.
Old June 12th, 2013 (12:21 PM).
Razer302
Three Days Grace - Break

Just completed the national dex on my jap cpopy of white 2 which now means double farming is a go ;)

2x games SRing for cobalion. Hopefully shortens the time of me getting it.
Old June 12th, 2013 (01:04 PM).
darkpokeball
Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o

Can I join the club? My first shiny was a G3 Marill, found directly outside Fortree City. I was grinding up my Absol, and then BOOM! Shiny Marill, randomly, wasn't even hunting. Caught it, imported it to White, lost my White copy, dead Marill.
I've been hunting on 4 different DS's for various shinies, but I have really bad luck. I'm not keeping track of encounters, but I'm doing about 4 hours a day(which is a lot of time, at least to me.) Today's my 4th day, still no luck.
Hunting for:
Mankey(HG)
Absol/Altaria(W2)
Vulpix(SS)
Machop(P)
If this bad luck keeps up, I might just start Masuda'ing for a Shiny Charmander(instead of quad-hunting) because I have a JAP Charmander.
Old June 12th, 2013 (01:10 PM).
Paulthagerous
Master of the Dragonites

Quote originally posted by darkpokeball:
Can I join the club? ...

I've been hunting on 4 different DS's for various shinies, but I have really bad luck. I'm not keeping track of encounters, but I'm doing about 4 hours a day(which is a lot of time, at least to me.) Today's my 4th day, still no luck.
By posting a reply you are a member of the club automatically

Keep up with the hunting, it does take a while. Any idea how many encounters per minute you are doing?

Gen 4 Shiny Card:
Spoiler:
Old June 12th, 2013 (03:14 PM).
Sableye~
Back to PC~
Community Supporter

I was SRing earlier today, while somewhat conversing with a few relatives. After less than half of an hour, a beautiful golden Chikorita showed up. Hours and hours of resetting have finally paid off! I've been training up a Geodude for battling the first gym, so I can trade it over and try again for Totodile or Cyndaquil.

I've managed to keep it UT, aside from the required rival battle (which is before you get pokeballs).
Old June 13th, 2013 (08:52 PM).
darkpokeball

@Paulthagerous
A LOT of encounters per minute. I'm almost ready to give up, the hunting's getting tedious! (Why can't things happen quickly and easily, like my random Marill?!)
Anyways, I've gone down to 2 DS's because my brother wanted his DS back and I decided to give up on the hunt for Machop. Still hunting in HG and W2 though. Also, looking for some Japanese pokemon so I can masuda method.(I want dat Shiny Smeargle!)

@Slenderman
Good job on that Chikorita! It's a pretty awesome shiny.
Old June 14th, 2013 (04:20 PM).
Kirozane
Frolic and fun~
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via AIM to Kirozane Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kirozane Send a message via Skype™ to Kirozane
My god Cheesecake slow down lol. But in all seriousness congrats.

I myself am near tears. The route 201 music and Barry battle music have become so burned into my head. I'm at almost30k SRs now. Maybe more. Piplup... Who do I have to pay... what do I have to sacrifice... How much of my own blood must I shed before you shine!?

Like... seriously, melodrama aside... this hunt is breaking me guys... Any encouragement other than "It'll be worth it when you get it!" (Because I have heard that more times than I can count now...) you can give me? Because I've already cried twice over this thing not shining yet and I'm not prepared to do that again.
Old June 14th, 2013 (07:01 PM).
darkpokeball

Quote originally posted by Kirozane:

I myself am near tears. The route 201 music and Barry battle music have become so burned into my head. I'm at almost30k SRs now. Maybe more. Piplup... Who do I have to pay... what do I have to sacrifice... How much of my own blood must I shed before you shine!?

Like... seriously, melodrama aside... this hunt is breaking me guys... Any encouragement other than "It'll be worth it when you get it!" (Because I have heard that more times than I can count now...) you can give me? Because I've already cried twice over this thing not shining yet and I'm not prepared to do that again.
Your experience is beginning to parallel mine. Here's what I do to make my hunt a little more bearable:
~Hook up to some sort of shiny hunter live chat, through skype or just through some chat service. While you're hunting, you can drop a few remarks and get a few responses and it makes things a little more bearable.
~Don't expect the next encounter to be shiny(I'm having a bit of trouble with this rule.) It justs has a little disappointment when it's a normal, but all that dissapointment stacks up and becomes...bleh.
~Keep track of your encounters with a piece of paper and a pen. Or a phone with a calculator. Every 10 encounters, make a little dash. It helps track progress. So you've done 200 encounters? Great! Now do 200 more and call it a day.

...That's all I've got. It doesn't help much, but it does help. Also, I have long since abadoned the 'It will be worth it when you get it' thought. I have adopted the 'Once I get it, this hunt will be over and I never have to hunt for this Mankey again! I can move on to a cooler shiny!' thought. I just want this hunt to end TT_TT
Old June 14th, 2013 (07:12 PM).
Bern

Nature: Relaxed
I bring shiny news after a drought of 3 months!!!

I was just continuing my on and off hunt for charmander on my white version for kicks this morning when I was shocked to see this pop up

I am very happy to have gotten my first starter shiny :D!
This Male shiny charmander took 172 eggs in total to get after an on and off hunt of a couple months.

I am quite elated because this is my first EVER masuda method shiny, and I am also happy because my first masuda hunt for litwick reached well over 3000 eggs without a single shiny, so now I just feel like the game compensated me, lol

Anywho, here's another pic

Sorry for the crappy quality of the pictures, best i could do for now :x

Gl everyone else on their hunts!

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old June 14th, 2013 (11:03 PM).
TheShinyEevee
ShinyHunter Before it was Cool

Send a message via Skype™ to TheShinyEevee
Quote originally posted by ⊗Slenderman⊗:
After less than half of an hour, a beautiful golden Chikorita showed up.
Quote originally posted by Cheesecake(GlassTheDragon):
anyway SHINY ABRA AFTER 13155 SEEN!!! My longest hunt if you count pokemon obtained.
Quote originally posted by Bern:
I bring shiny news after a drought of 3 months!!!
Huge congrats to all three of you (and all yellowy/gold shinies it seems haha! XD )

Quote originally posted by Kirozane:

Quote originally posted by darkpokeball:
Your experience is beginning to parallel mine. Here's what I do to make my hunt a little more bearable:
~Hook up to some sort of shiny hunter live chat, through skype or just through some chat service. While you're hunting, you can drop a few remarks and get a few responses and it makes things a little more bearable.
~Don't expect the next encounter to be shiny(I'm having a bit of trouble with this rule.) It justs has a little disappointment when it's a normal, but all that dissapointment stacks up and becomes...bleh.
~Keep track of your encounters with a piece of paper and a pen. Or a phone with a calculator. Every 10 encounters, make a little dash. It helps track progress. So you've done 200 encounters? Great! Now do 200 more and call it a day.

...That's all I've got. It doesn't help much, but it does help. Also, I have long since abadoned the 'It will be worth it when you get it' thought. I have adopted the 'Once I get it, this hunt will be over and I never have to hunt for this Mankey again! I can move on to a cooler shiny!' thought. I just want this hunt to end TT_TT
To both of you guys~ the only advice that counts for anything is "Hunt without expecting anything." If you expect or hope to get the shiny today, like darkpokeball said, when you don't it sucks. Also don't expect/hope for one each encounter - the encounters I do when I get lost in something else go by so much faster than the ones spent staring at a screen.
But last and not least, if you stick with it, not only will it be worth it but it will slowly get easier. A longer hunt just makes you more motivated (huh Treecko? Lol)

3DS FC: 1032-1814-9041
уσυтυвє | ѕнιηу нυηтєя'ѕ ¢υв | тυмвя

Keep your head up...
Keep your heart strong.
Old June 15th, 2013 (05:25 AM).
Cheesecake(GlassTheDragon)

Nature: Hardy
Congrats Bern on charmander and Slenderman on Chikorita and to anyone I missed Good luck TSE! anyway I have some shiny new of my own!

2 SHINIES IN 1 DAY 2X IN THE SAME MONTH! SHINY SUDOWOODO AFTER 427 SRs!

I found this shiny last night at 11:00pm and I immediately froze in disbelief before shutting the DS to catch the sparkles and you don't get to see the battle because I upload videos to youtube and I like to catch the sparkles to my shinies. This shiny is so beautiful I did not expect it to appear so early pretty sure my next hunt will be long so *throws my luck to everyone* good luck guys .

The nature is hasty and its somewhat vain and I'm now at 4124 SRs for moltres.

Old June 15th, 2013 (01:34 PM).
Paulthagerous
Master of the Dragonites

Congrats @Slendermen, Bern, Cheesecake x2!

I am still hunting for my next one. Taking a while though. Decided not to use the Red Gyarados for the Shiny Hunters Challenge.

Gen 4 Shiny Card:
Spoiler:
Old June 15th, 2013 (04:42 PM).
Latios Master
11 Year PC Member

Congrats on the shiny Dratini and Gyarados, Paulthagerous!

Congrats on the shiny Chikorita, Slenderman!

Congrats on the shiny Abra and Sudowoodo, Cheesecake(GlassTheDragon)!

Congrats on the shiny Charmander, Bern!

Welcome to the club, darkpokeball! I'm sorry to hear about the Marill.

@Kirozane: I like to watch TV or listen to podcasts or music on my iPod while hunting. Doing something else at the same time helps me. Good luck on your hunt!
Old June 15th, 2013 (11:25 PM).
darkpokeball

@LatiosMaster Oh, believe me, it was painful to lose my first legit shiny pokemon that had been with me since Ruby.

I have decided to start Masuda'ing, instead of wild-encountering. The reason for this is that wild encounters are beginning to drag on and I realized 'wait...I can hatch like...5 eggs at once, right? So why settle for 2 encounters with a 1/8192 chance when I can have 5 encounters with a 1/1366 chance?'
Deciding which of my japanese pokemon I should start breeding first...most likely a Smeargle or a Charmander.
Old June 16th, 2013 (08:54 AM).
Poldie
Unhatched Egg

Gratz on all the new shinys and welcome to new members.

My hunts are becoming really really painful... As I'm still waiting for my first shiny for my collection...and nothing seems to shine for me.

shiny mew(contest): 1001
shiny starter on HG: 401
shiny cobalion: 3227
shiny solosis: 1015

The numbers aren't very high yet, but come on...let just one pokémon shine for me...
Maybe it's hard for me to hunt now because I have never seen a legit shiny pop up, and the wait for the first one takes abit long...maybe if I get my first one the pain of hunting will be less .

Sponsored Links