Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs
Reload this Page ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old June 16th, 2013 (09:29 AM).
Shinyhunter - Trance for life

Nature: Jolly
Quote originally posted by Poldie:
Cool, another Belgian :D

I'm from Ghent :D

never tough i would find Belgian people here :D

Yeah what are the chances huh XD. If ou like to know I am from Tremelo or if you don't know that its near Werchter lol.

Small world we live in it seems xD
Old June 16th, 2013 (11:26 AM).
11 Year PC Member

Nature: Adamant
This week's random hunt is... Eevee!
Old June 16th, 2013 (01:19 PM).
Master of the Dragonites

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by darkpokeball:
So why settle for 2 encounters with a 1/8192 chance when I can have 5 encounters with a 1/1366 chance?'
Because to have a random encounter takes max 10 secs - find it, see it, run. To hatch an egg (depending on type and assuming someone with flame armor in the party) means picking it up, running around for a minute, watch it hatch, go to box, release, go pick up new egg. More like 1-2 mins per egg, even if 5 at a time. If it is a really quick one to hatch, the problem becomes waiting for another egg to be made.

I am not saying that MM will be slower - it still MAY be quicker - but it is nowhere near as advantageous as 2/8192 vs 5/1366.
Old June 16th, 2013 (06:56 PM).

Nature: Relaxed
Well just an update, i went on an egg hatching spree just to see if my luck progressed.

180 Munna eggs
32 Roggenrolla eggs
56 Solosis eggs

I did not get a shiny from this sadly (but i wasn't expecting it anyway) I just felt like maybe the luck would continue after charmander lol , but guess not this time. I think i will keep hatching Munna eggs until 250 tonight . I will start Soft resetting drifloon tommorow and continue from my current 6400 total SR's :D (I hope it shines before 8192!!!)

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old June 16th, 2013 (09:28 PM).
Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o

I have hatched tons upon tons of Smeargle...
I'm intending to keep this hunt going until I get it! I'm in the late 100s-early 200s in the egg count right now.
Old June 17th, 2013 (08:57 AM).
Frolic and fun~
Crystal Tier

Nature: Modest
Send a message via AIM to Kirozane Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kirozane Send a message via Skype™ to Kirozane
Thanks for all the advice guys. Now mindlessly SRing doesn't feel nearly as sanity taxing. I've since switched to turtwig since I kept accidentally clicking it and it's my favorite starter anyways. I'm at 2467 SRs so far (39853 if you count the piplup SRs from before I switched) And praying it ends soon so I can actually play this darn game!

Edit: Also! Who do I talk to for an awesome shiny hunter card thingy signature? I feel like I need one while it's still on my mind.
Old June 17th, 2013 (11:21 AM).

Quote originally posted by Kirozane:

Edit: Also! Who do I talk to for an awesome shiny hunter card thingy signature? I feel like I need one while it's still on my mind.
It's prety easy to make in paint or Photoshop. I made mine in Photoshop ( altho it isn't perfect at all ;-) and I don't have shinies yet to put on it ;-))

But I think TSE makes them for members, altho I don't know that for sure.
Old June 17th, 2013 (11:44 AM).
Master of the Dragonites

I don't know if mine is awesome, but I would be happy to make one like it for you if you like.

What I could use is (in chronological order is standard practice):

Pokemon
Method of capture (optional, highly recommended)
# eggs/steps/SR's etc (optional)
Game caught on (optional)
Level (optional)
Nickname (optional)
Anything else you want on there

Personally I only have the first 2 to make it simple and clean. But others include more.
Old June 17th, 2013 (12:02 PM). Edited June 17th, 2013 by Kirozane.
Frolic and fun~
Crystal Tier

Send a message via AIM to Kirozane Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kirozane Send a message via Skype™ to Kirozane
Quote originally posted by Paulthagerous:
I don't know if mine is awesome, but I would be happy to make one like it for you if you like.

What I could use is (in chronological order is standard practice):

Pokemon
Method of capture (optional, highly recommended)
# eggs/steps/SR's etc (optional)
Game caught on (optional)
Level (optional)
Nickname (optional)
Anything else you want on there :)

Personally I only have the first 2 to make it simple and clean. But others include more.
I personally think yours is pretty cool. I may just get more than one and switch them as I feel the desire to. I can be fickle like that. Either way I'll PM you with info (first two is all I really want so yeah :D)

Edit, because I'm curious:
I'm sure we all have stories of how we obtained awesome shinies, how we felt, what was going through our heads, how we reacted... If it ok if I ask you recount your favorite "I just got a shiny -x-!" story?

My personal favorite was the shiny ponyta I got off normal chances from the seventh egg when I was just looking for a properly natured morning sun parent.
Old June 17th, 2013 (12:28 PM).
ShinyHunter Before it was Cool

Send a message via Skype™ to TheShinyEevee
As Poldie said I have offered to make them for.. wow it must be over a year now o_o I made mine and Janske's. I can certainly make others but it looks like you have offers already Mine pretty much has the max amount of info but I could well change anything on it if you wanted stuff like those coloured boxes representing the methods. I might change mine like that, actually...

3DS FC: 1032-1814-9041
уσυтυвє | ѕнιηу нυηтєя'ѕ ¢υв | тυмвя

Keep your head up...
Keep your heart strong.
Old June 17th, 2013 (12:53 PM).
The New Species Pokémon - mostly inactive

Nature: Brave
Unless you count cheating, I have no legit shinies, but I will keep looking, always! Can I join??

Mew

Old June 17th, 2013 (01:03 PM).
Master of the Dragonites

Quote originally posted by UltraMew:
Unless you count cheating, I have no legit shinies, but I will keep looking, always! Can I join??
By replying to this thread you are automatically a member!

Be sure to let us know if/when you find one and if you need any help.
Old June 17th, 2013 (01:08 PM).
The New Species Pokémon - mostly inactive

Nature: Brave
Once I'm done checking my Gen 1 Pokémon club,I'll look for some shinies in White 2!

Mew

Old June 17th, 2013 (01:28 PM).
Frolic and fun~
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by UltraMew:
Once I'm done checking my Gen 1 Pokémon club,I'll look for some shinies in White 2!
I wish you the best of luck on your venture!
Old June 17th, 2013 (06:16 PM).
Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o

I have filled up 16(almost 17) boxes with Smeargle, none of them shiny. I have also found out something strange; The JPN Smeargle I'm using might not be JPN. His name is not the japanese name. I checked my Pokedex and there's ONLY a USA and JPN entry in there, and I'm beginning to think that the JPN entry is from when I got my second(possibly first) JPN Smeargle. What I"m saying is...I may have been breeding 2 US Pokemon without even knowing it. Or maybe the JPN Smeargle I"m using is just nicknamed or something.
Old June 17th, 2013 (08:08 PM).

Nature: Relaxed
Sigh.... 7050 Soft Resets for drifloon, and nothing yet. I'm beginning to think maybe the drifloon in D/P/Pt cant be shiny? Idk, well i really hope i get it before 8192... only 1042 resets until i reach that dreaded number... ugh.

SHINE DRIFLOON SHINE :[

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old June 17th, 2013 (08:15 PM).
Master of the Dragonites

Quote originally posted by Bern:
Sigh.... 7050 Soft Resets for drifloon, and nothing yet. I'm beginning to think maybe the drifloon in D/P/Pt cant be shiny? Idk, well i really hope i get it before 8192... only 1042 resets until i reach that dreaded number... ugh.

SHINE DRIFLOON SHINE :[
It can be shiny. Sucks hitting that 8192 number
Old June 17th, 2013 (09:15 PM).
Frolic and fun~
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by darkpokeball:
I have filled up 16(almost 17) boxes with Smeargle, none of them shiny. I have also found out something strange; The JPN Smeargle I'm using might not be JPN. His name is not the japanese name. I checked my Pokedex and there's ONLY a USA and JPN entry in there, and I'm beginning to think that the JPN entry is from when I got my second(possibly first) JPN Smeargle. What I"m saying is...I may have been breeding 2 US Pokemon without even knowing it. Or maybe the JPN Smeargle I"m using is just nicknamed or something.
I think the smeargle is nicknamed. There is no way a US nationality pokemon could have japanese characters as its non-default nickname. I know. I've tried. Though unless it was caught on a japanese game the possibility still remains. I learned that the nationality of the egg decides the nationality of the pokemon. An english Egg can hatch in a japanese game into a ドーブル, but still have the US nationality. Vice versa is true. タマゴ could hatch in an english game but still be japanese... just as evolving an un-nicknamed pokemon will change its name to that languages name for its new form, but it will still be its starting nationality.
Old June 18th, 2013 (02:37 PM).
Reality Sculptor

Currently at 6460SRs for Chikorita, and i havent seen anything since that second Totodile. Oh well, Nil Desperandum. I suppose with 3 chances each SR, then the chance would be 1/2731. So im still in the "chance zone" for my third, so to speak. Hopes i get it soon, i wanna start my badgequest... wahhhhhhh T_T
Old June 18th, 2013 (05:57 PM).
What're you lookin' at?

Nature: Hasty
Hi guys! I'm new here. My shiny PKMN are: Klinklang, Drifblim, Golbat (lost), Spiritomb, and Sawk. Currently hunting for shiny Zubat in Black 2 to reclaim my shiny Golbat. I'm up to 503 RE's now. Might stop for a while and hunt something else though.

Old June 20th, 2013 (08:02 AM).

Nature: Hardy
Hey everyone! I decided to give Virbank Complex a try for a shiny Patrat and...

Not going to say I'm disappointed at all with this beauty . It's a great shiny that I'm proud 1 premier ball and that baby was mines. It has an impish nature and intimidate. In other news I'm still hunting Moltres sadly at 8175 SRs I could really use a forth gen shiny charm right now (Lol! just kidding) anyway hopefully he shines soon. Call me crazy but I also started hunting for another unova starter, Snivy! Hopefully he doesn't troll me like Moltres is. Good luck everyone!

Old June 23rd, 2013 (03:17 PM).
11 Year PC Member

Welcome to the club, UltraMew and ShinyNuzLover!

Congrats on the shiny Growlithe, Cheesecake(GlassTheDragon)!

This week's random hunt is... Gastly!
Old June 24th, 2013 (05:28 AM).

Nature: Hardy
Congrats to Helio, Anothername, City of Delusion, xkatie, Worldwaker, Kittykitty, Zenn, 201238, Ohjeezeitskim, and Markasdarkas

I have more shiny news! Yes that means 7 shinies this month! Continuing to break my record of 5.

2nd Shiny Spearow 2058 HBs

I have good news and bad news...The good news is I caught it and its my 7th 1/8192 shiny this month.. The bad news is this is the only target I didn't want. Oh well its a shiny I'm happy but I will continue headbutting until I get heracross/aipom in this place. But for right now I'm back to my platinum BQ hunting for porygon 350 SRs so far. I'm also still hunting for Moltres thats now at 10518 SRs I guess deserved a long hunt after all my luck this month. Well good luck everyone!

Old June 24th, 2013 (04:28 PM). Edited June 24th, 2013 by Chr. Draco.
Dragon Power

Hi everyone, it's been a long time; looks like there have been some activity; GOOD.
Congrats on all new catches and welcome to all new members.
The last SR shiny I got was Kyurem like 2 months ago, but I've been busy lately so i couldn't post it; currently decided to finish playing through my platinum and was doing some tests with a whole new team to defeat the elite four, complete de pokedex and get national and decided to try pokeradar aprox 2 weeks ago: currently i have got starly, nidoran (female), 4 bagons, pichu, and currently at a chain of 47 7 eevees.
I don't count pokeradar pokemon, but since they are shiny, i guess i had to post something, and ofcourse they don't count for any event, they are just for my personal collection. The chain is continuing. I have used almost all of my max repels (200 left).
On a side note: i dont know if the chat is working; everytime i enter there's no one.
By the way; i have been practicing making pofins now that im playing mostly platinum and want to enter my shiny pokemon in super contest, but i need mild poffins; if anyone here is good at it you can PM me and we can sort things during weekends since i have more time in weekends. The more people making poffins the better.
Going back to topic: ill probably still target some legends in platinum after the eevee chain since im playing platinum now.

Cya everyone and happy hunting

Update: chain broke at 48 ( obviously edge shiny patch ) of course i could have continued chaining by just ignoring that patch of grass, but decided to stop there, 8 shiny eevee's are enough for me to have the full set, now starting to SR other targets in platinum.
Old June 24th, 2013 (04:41 PM).
Guardian Spectre

Send a message via Skype™ to Runasutaru
Greetings, night owls and sparkle-chasers!

A topic on an entirely different website relating to "forums you used to visit long ago" got me into passing by and checking up on you guys. I hope everyone is doing well, and it does seem the hunting flame is still as radiant as it has always been!

I'm glad to see quite a few familiar faces still posting around here, even those who are around as occasionally as I am.

I'm currently messing about with a pretty typical Nuzlocke run on Platinum (daring and dangerous, since I've only played Pearl, in terms of Gen IV originals), but I'm certainly breaking any catch rules if I bump into a Shiny of any sort.

I feel a bit demotivated towards Shiny Hunting, these days. I feel I don't do much in the games other than that and maybe some fun runs through the Battle Frontier, and I seem to be losing interest in new installations of Pokémon games (excluding competitive battling).

How are you guys keeping up motivation and a good encounter/hatch rate, these days? Are you enjoying the hunt for sparkles similarly to past times? Less, more? Do you multitask it a lot or have you found ways to multitask in-game that make the grind more entertaining?

~*Guardian Spectre of the Shiny Hunters' Club*~

Friend Safari: Shuppet, Phantump, Spiritomb
3DS FC: 1736 1330 4876
Pearl FC: 0560 9747 0686
Soul Silver FC: 4770 1082 0019
Black FC: 2236 6346 1481
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links