• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
I, Mence Master, am very proud to announce, that the 12,000 Soft Resets have finally payed off.
ShinyUxie.jpg

It finally shone!
A late Christmas gift!
FFFFIINNNAAAALLLLYYY!!!!
So, I gave up on Dialga. Glad I didn't use my Master Ball for a good IVed one.
:D

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 11, 2024
Well nothing new for me after the shiny turtwig.
here is the pic:

View attachment 44362

mence master said:
I, Mence Master, am very proud to announce, that the 12,000 Soft Resets have finally payed off.

It finally shone!
A late Christmas gift!
FFFFIINNNAAAALLLLYYY!!!!

Congratulations, it looks cool.

Aaryn said:
hi guys, I was curious to see if this still existed and how was it doing... as I see.. you guys are still shiny hunting... Wow... Never thought I'd be part of something so "big".

My life has changeed a lot. I don't eveen play pokemon anymore. Don't have time... but oh well.. I drop by once in a while (BIG, BIG while). My neverending hours of resetting and hatching, my endless walks through high grass seem to be over.

Maybe I will try to hunt again when a new pokemon game comes out? who knows...

I see Metal Mario is still here. Greetings to him, he has done a lot for the club.

Merry Christmas to you all.

Hi nice to meet you and see that you're back.

Mateus_ said:
wow I see some verry old members are comming back!
maybe the start of a new gold era for the club? :D
btw I got the shiny rotom :D
yes, it was yesterday... this is my xmas poke :D
couldn't post cause after I got it couldn't come to the computer cause I was with my family :D
here the picture :~

I agree, the start of a new gold era.
Congratulations on the shiny rotom.

good luck everyone.

Mateus_

Retired Hunter.
Years
I think I'll get the firered...
and shiny hunt for charmander when it starts :P
and when I get all the shiny legends in it too (mybe next year? xD) I'll buy the emerald :)

Years
I'd probably go after the birds or Mewtwo first, since they are the absolute best ones for shinies.
Especially Moltres.
I really want G/S/C remakes, for the sake of free shiny Gyarados, shiny dogs, and shiny Lugia/Ho-oh.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Congrats on the Shiny Uxie, Turtwig, and Rotom, guys!

Nice to see that Aaryn is back.. C:

And Mateus, Emerald is not that evil so you can try it too.. </3

Access to shiny Suicune would be hot.. With a Crystal remake.. And the starters.. Screw birds. x_x

Whattt I have nothing new. Things have been hectic for the past 3 days. First it's the holiday and now my glasses broke. Hopeless doctors can't fix them and they won't get new orders/parts until after the New Year. Yeah, when I'm in school. But there's no point ranting here. I need my anti-drug now..

-plays Emerald ferociously-

Years
Well, I'm still trying to get a decent Azelf, but I may come across a speedy little blinger too ;d
Next I'll probably hunt a Giratina in Diamond or Pearl, maybe go back to Regice, or progress through Ruby for a Registeel/Groudon.
Any opinions on what I should hunt guys?
GL to all hunters!

Mateus_

Retired Hunter.
Years
the pokemon G/S/C remakes should come with the 5th generation of games...
and if it comes I'll want one :P
it whould be great to have shiny dogs :P
btw... isn't there a ho-oh in firered???

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
ShinyUxie
It finally shone!
A late Christmas gift!
FFFFIINNNAAAALLLLYYY!!!!

Congratulations. It's about time. :)

I'd probably go after the birds or Mewtwo first, since they are the absolute best ones for shinies.
Especially Moltres.
I really want G/S/C remakes, for the sake of free shiny Gyarados, shiny dogs, and shiny Lugia/Ho-oh.

I just want to play through Johto again, but the "free shiny Gyarados" is a total turnoff. Probably right when I hatch my epic shiny Magikarp, they'll announce the games..

They could make it to where you can't catch it, like the Marowak ghost... :P

the pokemon G/S/C remakes should come with the 5th generation of games...
and if it comes I'll want one :P
it whould be great to have shiny dogs :P
btw... isn't there a ho-oh in firered???

I guess everyone has forgotten about Pokemon Colosseum and how you can get them there.
Ho-oh is not in FireRed, you can only get it through the Ticket event for the GBA games or Colosseum.

SRing for a shiny dog in FR/LG would be a waste of time because they are coded to have bad stats, and even though I can't verify this, I have heard that they are set when you take your starter Pokemon. So you'd have to clear the E4 and then find the dog just to see if it's shiny, then start a new game.

Then I heard another tale about it activates once you get the National Dex or something, but it's just easier to do it on Colosseum...

It's still time consuming, but still easier, especially the fact once you see it shiny you can kill it and refind it later, as long as you save as soon as possible and not SR over it.

Speaking of SRing, I blew through the game yesterday, I got all 8 badges in 7:25 game time and at least 30 minutes of that is just lag time because during the evening I was talking to my friends and sometimes I'd set the game aside.

So today I finished the E4 in nearly record time lol, and now.... Now I can SR my special target. I hope it shines soon, that'd be great.

I also picked up another Ruby at GameStop today, they were having a sale. So if I wanted to I could SR for Groudon, etc. without cutting into the other game.

(That's not all. I also got a PIRATED copy of Pokemon FireRed. It won't even play/load, so it's going back tomorrow. Which is a shame, I was hoping to actually play a hack or something or a crappy foreign ripoff version, but no, it won't even start.)

Good luck everyone and congratulations

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2013
Well I have work off for the next three days, so I'll be focusing my attention on getting Darkrai to shine(unless ToS: DotNW takes over my attention*is addictive*). I hope that it decides to appear within these three days, as I'd like to move on towards other targets.

Also still SRing for Regirock, but it seems like my Emerald has given me all of the shinies it wants me to. Regirock has been a thorn in my side for a while, so I'd like it to shine soon. After several months, I'll be glad when the hunt is over.

Years
Thanks DDD
Good luck with Magikarp, but at least you'll have a LEGIT, SUPER RARE Shiny Gyarados, not a Raging Red Boi.
GL Storm Dragoon, I'm hunting a Darkrai in Pearl right now (I luvz me my Tweaking Glitch)

Years
Tweaking Glitch? What is that? Please explain.
Basically the American's surf glitch.
Look it up on YouTube (There are some guides)
I used it, and found a SHINY DARKRAI in 200 RESETS!
I think Christmas luck it paying off.
But it has terrible IVs, other than a perfect attack X_X
ShinyDarkrai.jpg

Wow, when will my next shiny be?

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2013
That is totally not fair ><, 200 SR's and you got a shiny Darkrai. I'm never going to get a shiny one before the end of the year :(.

Seems like my luck for shinies is gone for the year, nothing wants to shine >_>.

Years
That is totally not fair ><, 200 SR's and you got a shiny Darkrai. I'm never going to get a shiny one before the end of the year :(.

Seems like my luck for shinies is gone for the year, nothing wants to shine >_>.
Yeah, but you have 2 shiny Dialga, and many other SR shinies. These are my first two x]
Oh well, good luck, hopefully your shinies don't have crap for IVs

Years
Wot? Where did my post from last night go? Did I forget to hit Submit again? -.-

Welcome back Aaryn! And don't worry about the challenges of the past. The new Pokéradar makes finding shinies almost brokenly easy. I'd suggest picking up a DS and Pokémon D/P--you'll be glad you did.

SRing for a shiny dog in FR/LG would be a waste of time because they are coded to have bad stats, and even though I can't verify this, I have heard that they are set when you take your starter Pokemon. So you'd have to clear the E4 and then find the dog just to see if it's shiny, then start a new game.

Then I heard another tale about it activates once you get the National Dex or something, but it's just easier to do it on Colosseum...

It's still time consuming, but still easier, especially the fact once you see it shiny you can kill it and refind it later, as long as you save as soon as possible and not SR over it.
The story I heard was that it's determined once you give Celio the Sapphire. I'm almost at that point in my Leaf Green, so I'll actually do some tests when the time comes.

[snipped image: http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk284/SRkid/ShinyDarkrai.jpg]
Where did you tweak? Last I checked, no one found a viable path to get them to either of the islands. Can I see a video of someone tweaking to enter the dead zone and actually making it to the island?

(Note that if you can verify that this can be done, then your Darkrai is considered legitimate and will be counted.)

Yawn. Nothing on Christmas. Currently mixing Chikorita eggs with Turtwig soft resets. If I hit 6000 Turtwig resets, I will continue with the game and switch to breeding. It seems to take nearly the same time, and I can get egg moves and ensure a good Nature. My current count is STILL at 256 because of the inaccuracy of my counting method, and how I haven't seen another 22HP female since then.

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
ShinyDarkrai

Congratulations I suppose......... I don't really like the idea of the tweaking glitch though..

Well.. anyway... Besides a bad Pokemon FakeRed game, I'd like to reveal my plans of an SR target:

sugimoris380.png

Thanks to my Eon ticket and beating Ruby in less than a day, I can SR for Latias now. I'm up to about 50 resets.

I have the ticket, I got it from Nintendo Power, so why not? It'd be a sorta rare-ish and unique shiny.

I just wish I could save at the stupid stone tablet thing. The boat and then walking is getting on my nerves, but in reality it's not that much time difference than SRing on D/P...

I plan to do a lot more SRing tomorrow as I have a lot more riding around and shopping to do, and the taking back of the bad Pokemon game.

(It's also worth noting that I think this is the first time here that I've actually had DDD as my avatar. I may have once before, but it would've had to have been a long, long time ago)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2013
Yeah, but you have 2 shiny Dialga, and many other SR shinies. These are my first two x]
Oh well, good luck, hopefully your shinies don't have crap for IVs

Yeah, but they didn't take me 200 SR's to find. My first one took 9000+ SR's and the second took me 5515 SR's. Congrats though, was just annoyed you got it that fast and its taking me forever.

~~~~~~~~~

Well I'm SRing for shiny Darkrai, please shine soon! Unsure of the SR count, not going to bother counting for my own sanity XD.

Years
Good luck with your Darkrai!
I hate the IVs of my first 2 SR shinies :\
MetalMario, search PspTitanFan1 on YouTube. He has 4 parts to the Darkrai video.
Greenalink also has a pretty good walkthrough of if.

Back