The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 13th, 2013, 10:01 PM
G.U.Y.
Bubblegum Betch
Community Supporter

Nature: Naive

Advertise here
Okay this is the fourth time I am typing this post. If my iPod decides to randomly close the page one more time it's going right into the trash after I run it over with my car.

Haven't been here in awhile! Not really playing much (well not before X/Y). Anyways I was training my Dedenne up using hordes and I found my first shiny Pokemon in almost a year!

Spoiler:

It's Jolly so I will only use it in-game since that's once of the worst possible natures. Caught in a Nest Ball. Glad it's a Mareep, was hoping for a Gen 6 shiny but a mega-evolution one is just as nice!

Fun fact: Hordes don't attack each other and can be triggered easily (great for hunting!) they only attack each other when it is beneficial or if one Pokemon is different than the rest. Will post a Shiny Mega-Ampharos soon!

I was just thinking about finding a shiny when it popped up too

Shiny Mega Ampharos!
Spoiler:

♫ Sold my soul and yes the truth hurt ♪

Last edited by G.U.Y.; October 14th, 2013 at 08:44 AM.
Old October 14th, 2013, 05:23 PM
Le Krome
Hi iM sPeNcEr

Nature: Lonely
Congrats, that thing looks sick mega + shiny!

I played through most of the game without finding anything now, but I have reached Yveltal and am gonna see if I can get a shiny - however, I fear that there is a stupid-ass shiny check on this one as well, just like Reshiram and Zekrom before :/ I can still hope but it is doubtful.
Old October 14th, 2013, 08:48 PM
Latios Master
11 Year PC Member

Nature: Adamant
Welcome to the club, Umbr30n and NecroPhysics!

Welcome back, Le Krome! I remember you. I've been well.

Congrats on the shiny Mareep, Landorus! You're the first member to find a shiny in the new games.

I bought my copy of X at Best Buy just minutes after they opened on Saturday. I like to take my time, so I'm only on Route 3 right now. The game looks great.

This week's random hunt is... Tyrogue!
Old October 15th, 2013, 06:36 AM
lunemoon

it's been awhile since I last posted here so I don't know if I can still count as a member but I managed to catch a shiny Pumpkaboo today:
Spoiler:

I really like the colour sceme of it. not going to evolve it yet though in case it's evolution isn't as nice looking.

I'm going to try getting a shiny skrelp by breeding though with all the changes to stuff I'm not sure if the

Masuda method works in x and y...

Let me kno
w if you add me so I can add you back.
Old October 15th, 2013, 09:51 AM
PhantomWolf

It has been a while since i posted but i have great news! I caught a shiny Zigzagoon on my Pokemon X version after 476 REs!

Nature: Sassy
Characteristic: Loves to eat

I have a picture of her on my facebook if you don't know what a shiny zigzagoon looks like.
Old October 15th, 2013, 11:09 AM
TheShinyEevee
ShinyHunter Before it was Cool

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to TheShinyEevee
I haven't managed to grab anything on X or Y yet - I bought X myself, got Y for my birthday tomorrow and accidentally ended up with a second X for free from a mix up! So I'm playing through the game and avidly soft resetting for a shiny Fennekin.

Anyone heard the rumours of lowered odds? I'm desperately hoping they aren't true...

Huge congrats on the Mareep and anything else you guys have found!

3DS FC: 1032-1814-9041
уσυтυвє | ѕнιηу нυηтєя'ѕ ¢υв | тυмвя

Keep your head up...
Keep your heart strong.
Old October 15th, 2013, 01:32 PM
Razer302
Three Days Grace - Break

Nature: Quiet
I have heard rumours of a lower odds, but I haven't found one yet but I have been rushing through the game like I always do the first time.Blaziken speed boost is just over powered haha. I haven't used anything else but my EV trained Blaziken.

I would get another 3DS to SR on but seeing how long the SRing takes on X/Y I really don't ever want to do it haha.

How did you end up with a free copy >.> I'm jealous... Need to learn where to get free things in England haha.
Old October 15th, 2013, 05:24 PM
G.U.Y.
Bubblegum Betch
Community Supporter

Nature: Naive
There are rumors every generation about lowered odds because everyone is playing the game. More people more shinies!

I am hatching Fennekin, got a JPN one in wonder trade! Already got a box but I need to catch Z-thing.

♫ Sold my soul and yes the truth hurt ♪
Old October 15th, 2013, 10:50 PM
lunemoon

the friend safari seems to be good place to catch them, I just another one there, female espurr this time. going to evolve it since I've seen pictures of the shiny meowstic and it looks nice.

Let me kno
w if you add me so I can add you back.
Old October 16th, 2013, 07:31 AM
ConnorRonnoc

Sorry for me disappearing, I was hunting on Pokemon X
Old October 16th, 2013, 08:00 AM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

I also have heard about shinies being more likely in X/Y. I don't own it, though, so I can't share my findings on the matter. Hopefully within the next few months I'll be able to get a hold of a 3DS so I can buy Y version.
In the meantime, I've been meaning to download an Arceus from Pokecheck so I can get the lvl1 Dialga on HG/SS. It isn't for myself...I intend to soft reset for a shiny one as a gift for a friend. This'll be my first shiny hunt in quite a while (I haven't been playing Pokemon much), not including RNG abuse.

Congratulations on the new X/Y shinies I'm seeing popping up here. [:
(Copy/paste the above into your browser)
Old October 16th, 2013, 08:52 AM
Hatsuharu
☆ princess of despair ☆

Would I be able to join? ouo If that's alright with all of you, of course.
Old October 16th, 2013, 10:39 AM
jacnoland98

I havent caught any shiny pokemon but I am looking for a shiny absol and could use and tips there besides that I will probably put my shinies on the GTS for other people to enjoy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone know if
a. the masuda method works in x
b. what shiny pokemon look like on the pokeradar on x

Last edited by jacnoland98; October 16th, 2013 at 10:57 AM.
Old October 16th, 2013, 05:12 PM
mikfulg12

My first shiny i ever caught was a magikarp >_< worst day ever lol. i have been hunting a shiny tentacool and a Gengar

does anybody know if trading is allowed?

Last edited by mikfulg12; October 16th, 2013 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old October 16th, 2013, 07:31 PM
Le Krome
Hi iM sPeNcEr

Nature: Lonely
So I've heard that not only are Xerneas and Yveltal shiny locked, but the other legendaries in X and Y are shiny locked as well. This absolutely infuriates me. How do the rest of y'all feel about it?
Old October 16th, 2013, 07:50 PM
Razer302
Three Days Grace - Break

I heard someone got a shiny Moltres on X. Now I'm not so sure. I wish they wouldn't shiny lock them all the time. Leaves no way to see them look amazing and special.
Old October 16th, 2013, 08:28 PM
ConnorRonnoc

Horde encounters may be the best way to find certain shinies now, I'm using it to try to catch a Shiny Geodude.
Old October 17th, 2013, 09:57 AM
Flydro
doobz

Nature: Calm
What's up everyone? Might not remember because I haven't been active in a while but I was a member here a while back. I'm back playing the games and shiny hunting so I'm having fun again. I had stopped hunting altogether for about eight months but I've been playing again doing some light hunting for a couple days. I lost count on my old hunts so I just started fresh with everything, but I got really lucky and found a shiny today on my Platinum version!

Spoiler:

Nature - Sassy; Thoroughly cunning
Gender - Female

Took 427 SRs, and she shone on the 2nd SR of the day! Took me completely by surprise, but I'm very happy. I really hoped for a Male because I already had a cool nickname for it, but I'm gonna name this Sassy lil girl something nice too. I'm mainly glad I can finally start playing in Sinnoh for the first time ever, and I'll have a bunch of new pokemon to hunt. Gonna continue my shiny Dratini hunt on SS and Eevee on HG while I play through Platinum a little until I find my next target. Congrats on the shinies caught since I was last here, welcome to the new members, and good luck to all on their hunts! :]

*hunting:

Old October 17th, 2013, 10:43 AM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

I got a heck of a surprise through my first run through of X on Victory Road.

Got a Shiny Druddigon in a single encounter battle on my first time on victory road. Sorry the in battle is blurry. It was hard to get a picture of just it. Wish they had some kind of 3DS in game screenshot other that the picture ares.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunemoon View Post
it's been awhile since I last posted here so I don't know if I can still count as a member but I managed to catch a shiny Pumpkaboo today:
Spoiler:

I really like the colour sceme of it. not going to evolve it yet though in case it's evolution isn't as nice looking.

I'm going to try getting a shiny skrelp by breeding though with all the changes to stuff I'm not sure if the

Masuda method works in x and y...

Ooo I like that shiny. Love the color. It is even more Halloweenish. Very nice shiny to get in October indeed.

Gratz to everyone else who got a shiny.

Last edited by Iceman3317; October 17th, 2013 at 12:00 PM.
Old October 17th, 2013, 01:07 PM
Kotomine

Nature: Careful
Hey everyone!

Well last night I got a shiny Roselia after 8,647 RE's on White 2:

Spoiler:

It wasn't what I was hunting for but I'm still happy. Currently I'm hunting Pinsir/Female Combee in White 2 and Black. Also dual hunting Charmander in FireRed/LeafGreen at around 5,000-5,500 SRs. I got Pokemon X on Monday been playing it slowly, initially I was going to SR for a starter but I was just too eager to start playing.

Congrats to everyone on their shinies and good luck on your hunts!
Old October 17th, 2013, 04:34 PM
mikfulg12

even though this dosent count, i downloaded a shiny giratina on white 2

m new here , congrats its amazing looking , and you weren't even trying .

Last edited by mikfulg12; October 17th, 2013 at 06:45 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old October 18th, 2013, 09:11 AM
Keruso

well, i havent been in here in a while. Since July, i do believe. and yes, im still alive.

I picked up my copy of X with full intention of resetting for Froakie (and Charmander) but after 3 days of it not showing up, i decided to just pick up the next female i came across and run with it. i also decided to shiny hunt for my team and whoever shone, was my next party member. Well, after about a day after i took my Froakie and run, this guy appeared:

Spoiler:

yeah, i know, thats a bad pic. here's another:

Spoiler:

the one on the left is mine, which is the shiny one. it's now evolved to its second stage

im hunting Route 3 now (after getting the first badge). mainly hoping for Fletchling, but wouldnt mind Bunnelby or Dunsparce

Edit:

The one Pokemon i didnt want to appear, did:

Spoiler:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lURz8OqB8Q Metroid Prime 3: Corruption Let's Play

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiJ8gz5M8GY Ratchet and Clank 2: Going Commando Let's Play

Friend Safari: Psychic with Siglyph, Grumpig and Xatu. if you add me, please let me know and i can add you

Last edited by Keruso; October 18th, 2013 at 05:32 PM.
Old October 18th, 2013, 05:36 PM
Lady Demoonica Darkmoon
Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner

Nature: Adamant
I've dropped over 60 hours onto my copy of X in the last half-week. I come bearing News!

SHINY GROWLITHE out of a Friend Safari. I still have nothing to take pictures, sorry guys and gals.

Male (lvl 30, everything in Friend Safari is)

Nature - Impish
Ability - Justified
Characteristic - Capable of taking hits

HP 81
ATK 55
DEF 45
SpATK 50
SpDEF 42
Speed 41

"Serebii info - It also appears that the Pokémon found within the Friend Safari have got two IVs of 31. "

Looking at these stats, untouched, can anyone tell me where the 31's are on his IVs?

Demoonica's Fan Fiction
Co-Owner of the Shiny Hunters Club
Old October 18th, 2013, 09:51 PM
Kotomine

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Demoonica Darkmoon View Post
Looking at these stats, untouched, can anyone tell me where the 31's are on his IVs?
HP 27-29
Attack 27-29
Defense 30-31
Sp Attack 30-31
Sp Defense 24-26
Speed 0-3

Based on Psypokes IV calculator.
Old October 18th, 2013, 10:05 PM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Hey I am back. No new shiny, but I meant to list the ability and stats the Druddigon had.

Spoiler:
Lv 58
Hp: 160
Att: 161
Def: 124
Sp Att: 76
Sp Def: 109
Speed: 70
Nature: Naughty
Ability: Rough Skin

I honestly hated Druddigon in 5th Gen games, but in 3D it looks so so much better. I hope the rumor about Druddigonite will be real and will be found soon.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here