Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 27th, 2013 (06:13 PM).
Stronkadonk
:^)

Nature: Lonely
What's crackalackin', y'all? Grats on all yer new shinies and whatnot.

I haven't been playing altogether too much lately due to work and netflix and alcohol and whatnot but uh yeah.
Other night I was chain fishing hoping for either a Poliwhirl or Dragonaire, but of course the shiny that appeared on a chain of 77 was a lame-ass Basculin )^:

Since then I haven't really played Y much, I prefer being able to get shiny legendaries and such so I've gone back to playing Pearl and HeartGold. I actually lost HeartGold the other day (it's probably at my friend's house but I was intoxicated so I have no clue where it is), but ordered a preowned copy of SoulSilver the other day and will have it very soon. Until then I am going to SR for a shiny Treecko on Sapphire, whilst playing through Pearl to go for a shiny Palkia and playing through LeafGreen so I can go for a shiny... uh... somethin'... Either the legendary birds or Mewtwo, not sure which yet. If anyone would be interested on racing me for something in FR/LG I'd be more than happy too!
Quick question though - how exactly does the RNG in those ones work? If I recall correctly it is sort of like Emerald's - starting off at the same place every time, however, the way you go through the recap can change what is generated, as can saving the game every once in a while.
Anywho.
Yeah.
Das all I got to report ):
Old October 27th, 2013 (06:20 PM).
Shimokane

So far, I have caught 2 shinies and got 2 other shinies from trading. Making a total of 4 ((Not including event Pokemon))
Diamond: Gastrodon (East Sea) (Caught)
Black: Zoroark (Trade)
X: Dunsparce (Caught) Bunnelby (Trade)

Please click these dragons to help them grow :3
Old October 27th, 2013 (06:42 PM).
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Nature: Quiet
Thanks for that video. It isn't that good though. I guess it's this Gen's Garchomp/Pikachu for it's shiny color. Could have been awesome if Talonflame's shiny was the color of Naruto's Sage Mode coat with that dark red and black. Oh well.
Old October 27th, 2013 (10:47 PM).
Kotomine

Nature: Careful
Just got another shiny Boldore, this time on White 2 after 723 REs. So now that's 3 shiny Boldores in Mistralton cave. The hunt for Axew continues!

Lost shinies: Arbok[RECLAIMED], Basculin (Red striped one)
Masuda method: Zorua - 185 eggs
1/8192: Rattata, Arbok, Psyduck, Mankey, Abra, Doduo, Mewtwo, Chikorita, Golbat, Gloom, Unown - A, Smeargle, Zigzagoon, Wingull x 2, Banette, Registeel, Bidoof, Shinx, Roselia, Combee (female), Palkia, Landorus, Kyurem, Boldore x 3, Metang, Archen, Woobat, Nuzleaf
1/4096: Murkrow, Trevenant, Nosepass, Houndour, Snubbull, Eevee, Sentret x 3, Oddish x 3, Nincada
Friend Safari: Rhydon
Old October 28th, 2013 (06:02 PM).
MAD31NCH1NA

Nature: Relaxed
I wanna join this club! :D I just recently started shiny hunting, already frustrated lol. I've gotten a shiny Skrelp (x2, gave one to family), Shellder (via trade) and Barboach. I'm trying for shiny Goomy, but I've been having some trouble. :/ Anyway, that's what I'm doing! Good luck to all the other shiny hunters out there!
Old October 28th, 2013 (08:07 PM). Edited October 28th, 2013 by Eastwood2112.
Eastwood2112

I might go back to Stark Mountain eventually to get Slugma/Magcargo but right now I am looking at Route 217 for my next hunt. Since I have all the shinies you can get from Victory Road, (Or at least the most common ones), I won't hunt there for Medicham. Route 217 is the next best place. I wouldn't mind Sneasel but I have a feeling a Snover will shiny here. Machoke can also be found here but I already have one of those.

Good luck to everyone and their hunts! Wish me luck on a Medicham/Sneasel.

EDIT: And I got a Snover... At least it only took 10 hours
Bashful Nature
IVs
HP 30
Att 19-11
Def 0-2
SpAtt 12-14
SpDef 25-27
Spd 9-11
Old October 28th, 2013 (08:34 PM).
Latios Master
11 Year PC Member

Nature: Adamant
Welcome to all the new members, and congrats on all the new shinies!

This week's random hunt is… Litwick! Perfect for Halloween. I was pleasantly surprised to see random.org give me this one.

Good luck on all the hunts!
Old October 29th, 2013 (12:12 AM).
DACALSTA
Shiny Bug Hunter [4/69]

Nature: Calm
I'M BACK!

and this time i plan on regular updates from when i can.

so, to recap, tried resetting for a charmander, didn't get it, tried hatching it, nope. and then i went off and played tf2, but with my new pokemon X card, i hope to see some of that shiny goodness. congrats to any and all shinys between my post, condolences to any lost and of course good luck hunting.

Traded 5 Total:

Bug Types (Including Pre-Evolutions): 4/69
Old October 29th, 2013 (08:56 AM). Edited October 30th, 2013 by magolor.
magolor
hsssah!

Nature: Mild
This group is one of the reasons I went ahead and signed up for this site-- so I'd love to join in!
You all can call me Jay, if you'd like. I'm not that great at hunting, but I'm hoping to get better!

My shinies at the moment are one Shiny Slowking♀ on Y... and a Shiny Pidgeot♂, on an emulated Fire Red.
(Quick question: it's a legitimate shiny, so is there any way to transfer it to an actual game cartridge?)
I'm currently hunting for a Mawile♀ (Safari/Masuda) and a Dedenne.

I'm looking forward to learning more, and hunting with you guys!

EDIT: Add shiny Spritzee♂ to the list! Just managed to snag one in a RE.
Old October 29th, 2013 (12:15 PM).
ConnorRonnoc

I have caught a... SHINY HORSEA!!! I've already evolved it all the way to Kingdra, Seadra colour-scheme is awesome but Kingdra's kind of sucks .-.
Old October 29th, 2013 (04:05 PM).
Lady Demoonica Darkmoon
Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner

Sorry, been away for the weekend (also meant no hunting)

Welcome New Members!

Congratulations on all new shiny catches!

I have nothing to report...

other than a fear of seeing Clamperl while fishing for Remoraid.

Demoonica's Fan Fiction
Co-Owner of the Shiny Hunters Club
Old October 29th, 2013 (09:45 PM).
caza

Nature: Relaxed
Hey I would like to join I have a total of 2 wild encountered shiny's in my entire pokemon experience (my whole life) I recently got a shiny graveler (I evolved it) from pokemon x in victory road when I was evolving pokemon and a shiny shinx in platinum which I have evolved into a luxray and is on my soulsilver game. Also if anyone knows where I can get a good signature to add my shiny pokemon?
I plan to measuda method in x and try not to chain fish.
My friend safari pokemon: Hawlucha,unfezant,

Old October 29th, 2013 (11:04 PM).
Peter Quill
Star-Lord, Legendary Outlaw

Nature: Quiet
I want to join the club D:
I currently have a Gen III, a Gen IV and a Gen VI Pokemon which are shiny, but they are all in Pokemon X. I caught a Shiny Skorupi at Route 15, followed by a Shiny Klefki at Lost Hotel, and then finally a Shiny Loudred from Friend Safari. Someone gave me a Shiny Bagon the other day and this is the most number of shinies I've ever had in a game (without chaining and stuff).

Louiecario in Miiverse | Click Kyogre to visit my gallery!
Old October 30th, 2013 (04:29 AM).
magolor
hsssah!

I really like the colors that were used for the Spritzee's shiny design; it's sort of a "light and dark" theme(comparing it to the original), which is actually really nice. It almost looks like a ghost type now, which is pretty cool. I'm still trying to come up with a name for this little guy, and if I should eventually evolve him. So cute!
Old October 30th, 2013 (04:45 AM). Edited October 30th, 2013 by Chr. Draco.
Chr. Draco
Dragon Power

Nature: Jolly
hi again, and welcome to all new members, hope you enjoy your stay and have fun hunting and posting.

congrats to:
eastwood (graveler and snorunt)
le krome (bascuilin)
kotomine (x3 boldore) (hope you don't mind me using Unlimited Blade Works vs Gilgamesh's gate of babylon)
MAD31NCH1NA (x2 sklerp)
Shimokane (gastrodon, dunsparce)
enderjay (spritzee) (about your question; i don't know if it counts, probably not since those gotten in an emulator have never counted in the club; i have Heard of pleople transfering from 3 gen rom to 4 gen rom and probably using and R4 card, but since that's not my area, i don't know). (also nice slowking and pidgeot).
caza (graveler, shinx)
newt (skorupi, klefki, loudred)

ok, this is a long list, maybe that's why some people just summarize it.

my update: got a shiny whismur

uploading a pic soon along the other 2.

cya later and happy hunting.
Old October 30th, 2013 (07:29 AM).
Floette
Fairy Trainer

Nature: Quirky
Hey! I'm really new, but I just started shiny hunting properly and couldn't resist joining the fun!

I own a shiny male Burmy, who is my only shiny that I've encountered (except Red Gyarados). I have a few others in my GenV/GenVI games that I can't recall but I will list later when I can get them to my X game.

Thanks for having me here!

|Image Credit||Tumblr||Twitter||Pokemon Tumblr||DeviantArt||Pokemon Collection|
3DS Friend Code: 2766-8708-1504
Old October 31st, 2013 (06:03 AM).
CrowSvenson
DarkTrainer

Nature: Lonely
I was looking for a Raltz for my team, I got a shiny Poochyena. I see no problem here.
Old October 31st, 2013 (11:41 AM).
Kotomine

I stopped hunting for Riolu and switched to hunting for Espurr. Didn't get that but I did get a Sentret.

Admittedly this is what wanted least where I'm looking, but it's okay I guess. Also stil dual hunting for Axew. I really hope I don't get a 4th shiny Boldore.

1/8192: Rattata, Arbok, Psyduck, Mankey, Abra, Doduo, Mewtwo, Chikorita, Golbat, Gloom, Unown - A, Smeargle, Zigzagoon, Wingull x 2, Banette, Registeel, Bidoof, Shinx, Roselia, Combee (female), Palkia, Landorus, Kyurem, Boldore x 3, Metang, Archen, Woobat, Nuzleaf
1/4096: Murkrow, Trevenant, Nosepass, Houndour, Snubbull, Eevee, Sentret x 3, Oddish x 3, Nincada
Old October 31st, 2013 (12:53 PM).
RayLuminous

Hi guys ! I caught a shiny lilipup ! I am willing to trade it for a shiny egg, if anyone is interested PM me ! :D

I am not hunting any shynies but if I get one, I will posted here ! :D

See ya guys and take care

PM me so I can add you back
Old October 31st, 2013 (08:07 PM).
Lady Demoonica Darkmoon
Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner

Nov 1 - The search starts again.

I've been hatching Slugma through Gen 3 - 4 - 5... I have always tossed a Japanese Ditto in with my own Slugma.

Well thanks to Wonder Trade I actually got a Japanese Slugma. I'm tossing him in the Breeding Center with a English Slugma, going to hatch eggs all day. Hey it's my birthday, maybe fate will smile on me... plus I'm using X... need all the support I can find.

Wish me luck my beloved Hunters!

Demoonica's Fan Fiction
Co-Owner of the Shiny Hunters Club
Old November 1st, 2013 (05:18 AM).
Beechyboy

Nature: Sassy
Hi everyone, hope you don't mind but I wanted to join in the fun.

I've been a shiny hunter for ages, although never had a lot of luck with it, until X and Y. Heres a bit of my shiny hunting background.

Spent 4 weeks soft resseting for a shiny Charmander in FireRed. Never got it.
My first ever was a Braviary in White 2 I called Lindburgh, and I later caught a trubbish and Mincinno.
I then went on to get a totodile (Waylon), and Lugia in Soul Silver.

Now in X and Y and I have quite a few. On my copy of Y my shiny Fenniken starter is now Delphox (kind of regret evolving him).
And in X I a long list;
Pachirisu, Charizard, Lampent, Gabite, Sentret, Loudred, Keckleon, Klefki, Ditto (Traded a Shiny Charmeleon for it), Ferroseed, Metang, Dratini, Pumpkaboo, Phantump, Shuppet and Umbreon.
I actually had 3 shuppets, but I gave one away on wondertrade for halloween (Got a combee for it, but then the guy went full guilt mode and swapped the combee for a braxien), and I traded the other combee for a high IV Mawile to a nice chap on 4chan.

So yeah, hope to catch many more, currently trying for a shiny Rufflet in friend safari. Have been reading through most of your posts so good luck to everyone!

And also Happy Birthday Lady Demoonica!
Old November 1st, 2013 (07:20 AM).
magolor
hsssah!

Happy birthday, Lady Demoonica!

I'm in the process of blasting through my Emulated Fire Red to begin the cycle of transferring my Pidgeot to Y; Thank you so much for the help, Runasutaru! As far as my other shinies go, I'm training Adeleine(Slowking) up to lvl 100. Only 15 levels to go! I'm going to be super-training her for HP and Defence, mostly. I'm not going to evolve my Spritzee for now, since he needs to be traded, so I'll be training him up (mostly for attack) as well through the Battle Chateau and etc... and I'm still stuck on a name. -u-

As far as hunting goes, I'm about 100-something eggs into getting Mawile, plus about 50 safari encounters with both Mawile and Dedenne. I'm SRing for a shiny starter in SoulSilver (50), and I'm going to be hunting Poliwag again in BW (I have 610 REs so far), and Whismur in Ruby. I'm also expecting to get either a Croagunk or a Smeargle from Pokeradar real soon!

Congrats on the Lilipup, Rayluminus, And same to Kotomine and CrowSvenson for the Sentret and Poochyena!

Good luck on the Slugma And Rufflet, Lady Demoonica and Beechyboy!
Old November 1st, 2013 (08:03 AM).
Runasutaru
Guardian Spectre

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Runasutaru
Hey, hey, hey, fellas! Hope you're all doing well.

Congratulations on all the Shinies; you've been hunting hard. Fun to see people hunting in so many different games!

I'm currently cruisin' and bruisin' on my Pokémon Y! No Shinies as of yet and I'm not expecting to see one too soon. Still, the possibility is on the horizon, for I am going through the game at an almost negative speed, having clocked 72 hours of gameplay and having six Badges. Quite the catching and exploring spree has been in process, along with Super Training and Pokémon Amie fun.

I've spied on some Shinies and may be hunting something as soon as I'm done with the main story; either that or I'll be continuing my neverending train of Nincada hatching; maybe even hatching on both games, if my coordination won't be off.

Now, time for the personal commentary.

@LDD: Happy birthday, crazy bunny woman! I hope you've gotten Lady Luck to give you a present.

@Kotomine: I've been wondering about your spoiler tags for a bit - are you trying to put the image inside a spoiler or a link inside a spoiler? If it's the former, then use [ img]insertlinkhere[ /img] tags (minus the spaces) instead of URL ones.

@Beechyboy: Welcome aboard! Are most of those X/Y Shinies from trades or just a lot of Safari spamming?
Also, is /vp/ hanging on with all the news? I've stayed away to avoid the spoiler waterfalls, since I'm yet to finish the game.

@Enderjay: Now that's a lot of different hunts! My condolences for the time and potential patience lost doing the Sevii Islands part of the trading attunement.
As for your latest Shiny; are you planning to evolve Spritzee? If not, then I may have some ideas, ranging from original to punny. If you will, then these may still apply.

Punny:
>Mascawra
>Skyliner (because it's a bird and it looks like it could have eyeliner)
>Florance (floral fragrance)
>Bootique (looks like it has boots and, well, French region and its boutiques)

Trying to sound like normal names:
>Enzi
>Cresto
>Parfen

Outlandish:
>Feronno (uses "pheromone" as a root word for the distortion)
>Latrisse (made up to sound pompous)
>Gleidoc (was thinking of the word "glitter", but it's quite far removed)

Ridiculously outlandish:
>My Dragon Cave account

After that torrent of brainstorming, I bid you adieu! I'll be stalking the thread while playing.

Shine on!

~*Guardian Spectre of the Shiny Hunters' Club*~

Friend Safari: Shuppet, Phantump, Spiritomb
3DS FC: 1736 1330 4876
Pearl FC: 0560 9747 0686
Soul Silver FC: 4770 1082 0019
Black FC: 2236 6346 1481
Old November 1st, 2013 (08:24 AM).
Beechyboy

Nature: Sassy
Thanks Ender and Runasutaru!
If you are afraid of spoilers I'd avoid VP for now, a well known hacker has managed to finally get pokemon x and y working on his modded 3DS, and has released several screenshots of as yet unseen pokemon in X and Y (some look good, won't say more than that though).

As for the Shinies, all aside from Ditto are caught in game, and the only ones not caught in friend safari were Dragonair (chain fishing) and Sentret. Caught sentret while hunting for a shiny honedge that I mean to go back for soon.

I actually caught about 7 in a 48 hour period recently. the 3 shuppets, pumpkaboo, klefki, ferroseed and metang all came really close together. Dry spell today though, still working on that rufflet.
Old November 1st, 2013 (10:55 AM).
Kotomine

@Runasutaru It's the latter. While I guess it doesn't make sense to just put a link in a spoiler, it makes the post look a bit cleaner to me. I may go back to just putting the pics in like I used to however.

Not much to report, still doing what I said in my previous post. Currently a little over 5000 REs each on White 2 and Black and about 1500 REs on X.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links