The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 18th, 2013, 12:18 PM
Muani
miau

Nature: Docile

Advertise here
wow! my internet went off 'cause my parents, so i couldnt post last night, but..

yesterday, during my hunt for a shiny espurr, i found shinies of grumpig, duosion, and munna! it took about 2-3 hours for each shiny to show up in the friend safari. definitely a higher rate than in the wild, no? ill be going back again today, hopefully i'll get my espurr eventually.

id offer the shinies for trade, but i gave my friends the duosion and munna. kept the grumpig for myself.

ill provide screenshots later, though warning, my phone camera is crap. unu

@Runasutaru: sure! ive got boxes of espurrs, so i probably have a few hidden ability ones.

blog

currently looking for shinies!
Old November 18th, 2013, 01:43 PM
Runasutaru
Guardian Spectre

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Runasutaru
Oh my, look at what crept in while I was training my brand-new penta-perfect Charizard!

Spoiler:

This is an intriguing Shiny to find and capture, seeing as I used it as the main figure in a Valentine's Day picture about eight years ago (Wow, has it been that long?). Friend Safari odds taken into account, I'll still keep Valentyka for the reason just mentioned. It may be a silly reason, but I love silly things!

~*Guardian Spectre of the Shiny Hunters' Club*~

Friend Safari: Shuppet, Phantump, Spiritomb
3DS FC: 1736 1330 4876
Pearl FC: 0560 9747 0686
Soul Silver FC: 4770 1082 0019
Black FC: 2236 6346 1481
Old November 18th, 2013, 02:13 PM
Kotomine

Nature: Careful
*sigh* Well I just got another Oddish whilst hunting for Espurr. So that makes 3 Sentrets, 2 Oddish and a Nincada. Here we go again.

Lost shinies: Arbok[RECLAIMED], Basculin (Red striped one)
Masuda method: Zorua - 185 eggs
1/8192: Rattata, Arbok, Psyduck, Mankey, Abra, Doduo, Mewtwo, Chikorita, Golbat, Gloom, Unown - A, Smeargle, Zigzagoon, Wingull x 2, Banette, Registeel, Bidoof, Shinx, Roselia, Combee (female), Palkia, Landorus, Kyurem, Boldore x 3, Metang, Archen, Woobat, Nuzleaf
1/4096: Murkrow, Trevenant, Nosepass, Houndour, Snubbull, Eevee, Sentret x 3, Oddish x 3, Nincada
Friend Safari: Rhydon
Old November 18th, 2013, 02:35 PM
fireflystorm
shsl loser

Update on the shiny hunt: 100 eggs in, still no Magikarp. I have no luck whatsoever.

Anyway, I would search for shiny Spritzee but, well... Pokemon X. Alas!

Pokemon X FC: 1091-8862-6895
Poison; Kakuna/Garbodor/Drapion
Old November 18th, 2013, 05:51 PM
ghostshot12349

grrrrr been hunting for a shiny paras for 5 hours now have not found one but i did manage a shiny rattata!!
Old November 18th, 2013, 06:07 PM
Paulthagerous
Master of the Dragonites

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostshot12349 View Post
grrrrr been hunting for a shiny paras for 5 hours now have not found one but i did manage a shiny rattata!!
Paras is a cool one, but nice that you found something! Where/how you been looking?

Gen 4 Shiny Card:
Spoiler:

Friend Code: 0877 1355 2214
Friend Safari: Grass and contains Gogoat, Ivysaur, and Tangela.

Feel free to add me, please send PM with your FC so I can add you back
Old November 18th, 2013, 07:01 PM
fireflystorm
shsl loser

Man, I'm really upset... 25+ chain of Zoroarks broken by a freakin' Amoongus.

Pokemon X FC: 1091-8862-6895
Poison; Kakuna/Garbodor/Drapion
Old November 19th, 2013, 04:46 PM
ghostshot12349

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulthagerous View Post
Paras is a cool one, but nice that you found something! Where/how you been looking?
just ran into him on route 2 in leaf green lol just a random encounter.
Old November 20th, 2013, 05:59 AM
magolor
hsssah!

Nature: Mild
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latios Master View Post
This week's random hunt is… Spritzee! The first random hunt from gen 6.
What luck-- I just caught one not too long ago! Speaking of which, I finally decided to name that cutie Merlot, due to its darker color.
Old November 20th, 2013, 03:57 PM
Muani
miau

Nature: Docile

shes finally mine! after four days!

blog

currently looking for shinies!
Old November 21st, 2013, 07:35 AM
Keruso

not sure when i was here last, but it must have been after i posted the Mime Jr. and Skorupi, so here goes:

I decided to attempt chain fishing for the first time so i had to go find a Suction Cups Inkay (which took about 10 Inkay before i got the right one) and after 15 encounters, i get this guy:
Spoiler:

then i was traveling through Friend Safari's seeing what i had. i went through one of mine who was a ground type, saw the Nincada and Trapinch and moved on, not realizing there was a third Poke in the Safari. so i went back in, and the first time the Poke showed:
Spoiler:

and then, i was running in a Fire Safari, and this showed:
Spoiler:

right now, im attempting my first/second ever MM (my first actually being a stopped Magikarp in White at 95 eggs) with Gible. i had this thing a while back that i wanted to do a full party of all six dragons from all 6 gens on a game run (and here i keep thinking Tyranitar is a Dragon). i currently have two boxes of FailGibles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lURz8OqB8Q Metroid Prime 3: Corruption Let's Play

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiJ8gz5M8GY Ratchet and Clank 2: Going Commando Let's Play

Friend Safari: Psychic with Siglyph, Grumpig and Xatu. if you add me, please let me know and i can add you
Old November 21st, 2013, 02:02 PM
magolor
hsssah!

I was training my Slowking (so close to lvl 100!) and Spritzee in the Friend Safari, when I came across this cutie!

Spoiler:

Congrats on those three, Keruso, and that Espurr, Muani! I'm definitely going to try for an Espurr some time!
Old November 22nd, 2013, 12:08 PM
mikfulg12

Anybody caught shinys lately?
Old November 22nd, 2013, 12:28 PM
Broncos
Jesus take the wheel

I'm on my 80th egg and still no shiny Mawile. I'm not giving up since mega Mawile is one of the reasons I bought the new gen. I'm doing the masuda method and out of curiosity; having my Mawile hold an everstone doesn't effect the method -- right?

If I drown it'll be in the fountain of youth.
Old November 22nd, 2013, 12:39 PM
magolor
hsssah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos View Post
I'm on my 80th egg and still no shiny Mawile. I'm not giving up since mega Mawile is one of the reasons I bought the new gen. I'm doing the masuda method and out of curiosity; having my Mawile hold an everstone doesn't effect the method -- right?
I'm on 110+ Mawile eggs so far-- I think the everstone just increases the chances of it inheriting the parent's nature(s). Try having a Pokemon with Flame Body in your party to make the eggs hatch faster! My favorite spot to hatch eggs is right next to Prism Tower-- you can just hold ( or tape ) down the control stick and go around in circles.

Good luck, and keep hatching!
Old November 22nd, 2013, 12:45 PM
Broncos
Jesus take the wheel

I hear ya. Yeah I have Talonflame up front. I'm hatching as I type

GL to you too, dude.

If I drown it'll be in the fountain of youth.
Old November 22nd, 2013, 03:45 PM
Runasutaru
Guardian Spectre

Hooray! I got myself a Shiny Roggenrola a few days ago - I was breeding on Y -, which ends a hunt that was actually started on my Black. I'll post pictures tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enderjay View Post
My favorite spot to hatch eggs is right next to Prism Tower-- you can just hold ( or tape ) down the control stick and go around in circles.
While that is a great way to autopilot hatching five eggs, it's actually not the best way to hatch the most eggs in the shortest amount of time.

When you take (up to) 255 steps or when you receive an egg, the remaining "Egg Cycles" until an egg hatches for every egg in your party goes down by 1; I say "up to" because (an) egg(s) you just received start(s) at 0 steps out of 255, but one(s) you already had with you is/are not at 0 steps. When the value of Egg Cycles hits 0 on any egg, the egg(s) hatch(es), with a descending priority being given from the ones on the top of the party down to the bottom of the party (this is why you sometimes hatch two eggs one step apart; only one can hatch at a time, but both of them have finished their counts); any eggs that don't hatch when the other(s) do(es) still go down one Egg Cycle.

If you take this into account, you can take up to an extra 255 steps for every other egg in your party at the time your first egg hatches or you pick up an egg. If you take ~16 or 17 seconds (each second is around 10 steps' worth) to go into the Day-Care, run to the box, quickly deposit an egg, X out of the box and remount your bicycle outside the building and pick up an egg/keep hatching, you'll get a fair amount of extra eggs done, especially if you have a Hatching Power active on yourself.

Old November 23rd, 2013, 01:25 AM
TheShinyEevee
ShinyHunter Before it was Cool

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to TheShinyEevee
[
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runasutaru View Post
....you'll get a fair amount of extra eggs done, especially if you have a Hatching Power active on yourself.
That's actually really interesting! I may try that next time I do a Masuda hunt. I've always just gotten five and hatched those five, but I'm willing to experiment haha.

Anyway hello there everyone, remember me? Lol, since I was last here I've managed to find two shinies:
*BIG PICTURE WARNING
Spoiler:

Yep! I was going after shiny Fennekin at the start, and I got to about 1,000 SRs but just didn't want to carry on with it. I then did various amounts of REs around the region, and then settled down to do some MM. I got to around 1250 eggs and put it on hold to get some of the friend safari action everyone else'd been having... and achieved my first shiny this gen, a shiny reclaim Mightyena! (Reclaimed from an uncatchable pooch from about a year ago). For the rest of the day and into the next day I hatched eggs hardcore, really wanting the hunt over with, and managed to get a live shiny Fennekin!

Somehow I managed to get near perfect competitive battlers with these two, with Mightyena having 31 IVs in Attack and Speed, and Fennekin having a Timid nature and 31 in Sp Attack!

3DS FC: 1032-1814-9041
уσυтυвє | ѕнιηу нυηтєя'ѕ ¢υв | тυмвя

Keep your head up...
Keep your heart strong.
Old November 23rd, 2013, 04:31 AM
Pokemount
Hello

Hiya, I would like to join!

At the moment I have a Shiny Arcanine, Clauncher and Ditto. I used to have A shiny Wingull and Horsea, but traded both.

Over the next few days/weeks I'm going to be hunting for shinies through the various methods. Right now I'm MMing for a shiny Deino.

NIce shinies by the way guys and gl on future shinies!
Old November 23rd, 2013, 05:52 AM
Razer302
Three Days Grace - Break

Nature: Quiet
Ended up getting 2 remoriads while trying to get 2 clampearls. Haha. I will.get them for my lovely shiny huntail or gorbyass.

Been still trying to complete my huge gaming backlog. Rushing games isnt ever as fun though. But needs must.
Old November 23rd, 2013, 08:13 AM
Runasutaru
Guardian Spectre

@Pokemount: Welcome to the club! Hope you enjoy your hunts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinyEevee View Post
(...)Somehow I managed to get near perfect competitive battlers with these two, with Mightyena having 31 IVs in Attack and Speed, and Fennekin having a Timid nature and 31 in Sp Attack!
Congratulations on your two new Shinies!

I wouldn't quite call that "near perfect", since it's much quicker to get a 5-6 perfect IV Pokémon (5 is best for certain things) this gen than in any other thanks to Destiny Knot, egg moves keeping on passing down if the parent got it as an egg move (even if it loses it from level-ups at the Day-Care!) and...

...the fact that Friend Safari Pokémon have two guaranteed max IVs (and much higher Shiny chance). That's why your Mightyena landed two maxed stats and they landed on nice stats!

Were you breeding for Fennekin with the Sp.Atk Power item on one of the parents or did you get lucky?

In any case - as I mentioned yesterday, here's Slabhide, my Gigalith!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

The max IVs are marked in order, so they're Attack and Special Defense. Not amazing, but at least I didn't get a 31 in Speed, since that would be the equivalent of 0 on a Curse + Brave nature set, hah!

Old November 23rd, 2013, 08:22 AM
Pokemount
Hello

Quote:
Thanks! And your new Gigalith looks pretty awesome.

Yay! Got really lucky and got my first MM shiny on the 25th egg!

Here is my brand new shiny Deino!: :D

Spoiler:

Last edited by Pokemount; November 23rd, 2013 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old November 23rd, 2013, 11:17 AM
TheShinyEevee
ShinyHunter Before it was Cool

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to TheShinyEevee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runasutaru View Post

Congratulations on your two new Shinies!

I wouldn't quite call that "near perfect", since it's much quicker to get a 5-6 perfect IV Pokémon (5 is best for certain things) this gen than in any other thanks to Destiny Knot, egg moves keeping on passing down if the parent got it as an egg move (even if it loses it from level-ups at the Day-Care!) and...

...the fact that Friend Safari Pokémon have two guaranteed max IVs (and much higher Shiny chance). That's why your Mightyena landed two maxed stats and they landed on nice stats!

Were you breeding for Fennekin with the Sp.Atk Power item on one of the parents or did you get lucky?
Not near perfect as in near flawless IVs by any means haha. I don't think a flawless IV poké is even possible in the wild, is it? Lol!

Nah, just as-near-to-perfect-as-you-can-get-by-luck-for-what-purpose-they-would-serve-in-battle-near-perfect. Yeah I did know about all those whatnots and things in this gen, which is why I actually checked Mightyena, just that it got the two it would possibly need the most, the Mightyena's stupid speed lowering nature *grumble grumble*.
I did infact breed for Fennekin with the Sp.Atk item! Just wasn't sure if it was always 100% which is why I called myself lucky xD the nature was happenstance though, that was lucky indeed. :3

Anywho congratulations on your Rocky guy and any others I've missed and of course, hello there and welcome to the club to any new hunters. It seems the new generation is providing a lot of those lol!

3DS FC: 1032-1814-9041
уσυтυвє | ѕнιηу нυηтєя'ѕ ¢υв | тυмвя

Keep your head up...
Keep your heart strong.
Old November 23rd, 2013, 02:54 PM
Paulthagerous
Master of the Dragonites

Nature: Calm
Congrats on all the shinies guys! And welcome to all the new hunters!

Anyway, got my 8th shiny on Y today, she is one I wanted back in 3rd gen but back then I didn't have the patience. Plus the Friend Safari helps a lot

Anyway here she is:

Spoiler:

Best part is she has 3 perfect IVs! Perfect HP, Defence, Special attack. With Speed 25, Attack 14, and Sp Def 12 she is not 'perfect' but well above average

Very happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinyEevee View Post
Not near perfect as in near flawless IVs by any means haha. I don't think a flawless IV poké is even possible in the wild, is it? Lol!
I believe that it is technically possible, but as the IV's are determined individually the probability is 1 in 32^6, which is roughly 1 in a billion. (1 in 1,073,741,824). In the Friend Safari, given there are two 31 IV's artificially loaded, it drops to 1 in 32^4, which is roughly 1 in a million (1 in 1,048,576).

So good luck finding one lol

Gen 4 Shiny Card:
Spoiler:

Friend Code: 0877 1355 2214
Friend Safari: Grass and contains Gogoat, Ivysaur, and Tangela.

Feel free to add me, please send PM with your FC so I can add you back

Last edited by Paulthagerous; November 23rd, 2013 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old November 23rd, 2013, 05:12 PM
Hooh54
Perhaps it is over.

Nature: Sassy
192. Eggs.

It took only 192 eggs for my shiny Fletchling to hatch, I'm honestly stoked. Am I the first to complete the November challenge? Salamence and Fletchling are my wonderful flying types!

His name is Kestrel, he's a gorgeous male Fletchling with GALE WINGS! I'm still pretty excited I got him, now to EV him up!

Yearly progress:

Gen 1: Eevee (formerly)
Gen 2: None yet.
Gen 3: Salamence
Gen 4: Floatzel
Gen 5: Panpour
Gen 6: Fletchling, Sylveon

Challenges completed: 1

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here