Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs
Reload this Page ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old January 15th, 2014 (09:55 AM). Edited November 2nd, 2014 by TheShinyEevee.
ShinyHunter Before it was Cool

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to TheShinyEevee
Quote originally posted by Razer302:
TSE: Have you ever considered live streaming like ShinyTwins and AAronundead, I watch both of them when I get the chance to. Would be fun to watch. Why are all british people non sleepers xD. I work night shifts though so it became my pattern.

Going to collect lots of eggs on both X and Y then start hatching them all at the same time going around the tower. I never thought of that haha.
I am actually an irregular but often guest on twitch.tv/darkvaporeon 's stream, and have guested on BlushingEevee's stream!

Good luck with your hatching! :3 (Also Razer not sure if I asked this but do you do skype? If you do you should add me, I'm just TheShinyEevee).

3DS FC: 1032-1814-9041
уσυтυвє | ѕнιηу нυηтєя'ѕ ¢υв | тυмвя

Keep your head up...
Keep your heart strong.
Old January 15th, 2014 (12:29 PM).

im back! yesterday was my birthday but i couldnt post it on here. internet was out. but i have been focusing on getting a shiny noibat but no luck so far. even though its not a shiny i DID get a klefki i named booboo keys lol.
Old January 15th, 2014 (02:17 PM).
Whatever Forever
Silver Tier

Nature: Relaxed
Congratz on AAALLL the new shinies!!! I can't believe how you got 4 shinies so quickly eevee, mah gawd xD. Anyway I'm still trying to hatch a shiny Honedge, I haven't been as active as a shiny hunter as I wanted to be. I think I'm at 600 eggs or so for the Honedge. Also, happy birthday mikfulg, it was my birthday yesterday as well. O.o :D
Old January 15th, 2014 (06:45 PM).
Momentai :D
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
YAAAAY SHINY RELICANTH FINALLY. I don't shiny-search as much as most people seem to but I have been trying for this one for quite a while. I ended up catching 4 shiny Clawitza(er?) before finally finding the Relicanth, but now it's finally mine and is going to be the newest star member of my main team. My favourite shiny of all ♥

Incidentally, if anyone wants a shiny Clawitza(er??) then I've got some to spare! Though I'm pretty sure Clawitza(er???) is one of the most common shinies out there right now haha.
Old January 16th, 2014 (05:45 AM).
Tossin' balls since '99

Nature: Impish
Wow, it's been a while!

Anyways, I finally got my grubby little hands on a 3DS and a copy of Pokemon X, and after about a day I caught my first shiny of the sixth generation, a Geodude. I'd upload pictures, but I'm at school at the moment. Catching it was terrifying, because all I had with me was a Talonflame and a level 1 Fletchling, and a horde of Geodudes appeared. Geodudes also have magnitude, which they can kill each other with, so it made for a pretty nerve wracking experience. To top it off, I had only a single ultra ball with me.

Also, it has a decent IV spread, with a 31 in defense and a 29 in attack, maybe I could use in some semi-competitive play. So yeah, I'm pretty pumped about this one.

Congrats to all those new shinies! I swear, gen 6 must have a higher shiny catch rate or something, because they're popping up all over the place.

Pokemon Clan Site/Strategy Guide/Other Thingies
Shuckle is love, Shuckle is life.
Old January 16th, 2014 (08:03 AM).

Quote originally posted by Bobith:
Congrats to all those new shinies! I swear, gen 6 must have a higher shiny catch rate or something, because they're popping up all over the place.
Congrats on your Geodude! That sounds terrifying lol!
Yes, the shiny rate is higher at 1/4096

Keep your head up...
Keep your heart strong.
Old January 16th, 2014 (06:52 PM).
Back to PC~
Silver Tier

Nature: Quiet
I was hunting for some Phantump in a friend safari in an attempt to get one with good IVs. I was talking to some friends on IRC, but glanced down at my 3DS to see if I had found a Phantump.

Rather than what I had been searching for, it was a Lampent. I thought I had seen movement out of the corner of my eye, so I took a closer look and realized that she was shiny! Her nature and IVs aren't great, but I'm still quite happy to have caught her. I kept stalling after using Leech Seed to lower her HP, then eventually caught her in a Luxury ball.
Old January 16th, 2014 (09:07 PM).

Hey there i would like to join! you said list all the shinnies i have, but, i have about 3 boxes of them in my Black version (no pokebank yet sorry) so that would make this post very long so if you have any questions about which ones i have fell free to ask! and for the shinnies i'm looking for are shiny protean Froakie (preferably timid), shiny honedge (preferably relaxed), and a shiny bunnelby (preferably jolly) and that is that!
Old January 16th, 2014 (09:17 PM).
Protect his very soul.
ModeratorCS

I haven't posted in here since July 2011, wow! I usually RNG abuse shinies, so that's why I spent less time actually hunting.

Sooo XY stripped me of that ability, wouldn't you say? In my Y version, which was only possible with Luke's help :D, my shiny collection includes:

- Fish chained 3 shiny Horsea and 2 shiny Skrelp
- Pokeradar chained 1 shiny Skiddo
- Got a shiny blue Flabebe and shiny Hippopotas from Luke
- Got fish chained Relicanth from Mia and Alomomola from Drakow
- Got a chained shiny Pancham from Keiran
- Got several shinies myself or as gifts (Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie, Eevee, Vulpix, Tyrunt, Trevenant, and Absol) through Smogon's Shiny Value method, but those feel rather cheapened more-so than chaining, hm
... I should work on getting my own shinies, hmph!

SO I completed the National Dex to get the Shiny Charm this month... And I didn't expect hatching a shiny so soon when breeding with English parents! Here's the shiny 4IV Pumpkaboo I managed to hatch today.

Old January 17th, 2014 (12:14 AM).
Master of the Dragonites

Nature: Calm
500 Bulbasaur eggs and no luck...

Got a copy of Black the other day, will see how it goes. Going to start it on Sunday, stupid work.

I tried RNG abuse in Gen 4 but I could never hit it. Always slightly off, too hard when there are 60 frames/second. Sounds like it is a lot easier in Gen5 so if I find a shiny legitimately I may try that to see if I can figure it out. I don't care about the stats, just shininess, as I don't battle competitively. I really wanted to do it just once to prove I could do it but I spent many hours to no avail.
Old January 17th, 2014 (09:40 AM).
Back to PC~
Silver Tier

Shiny RNG breeding on D/P/Pt is actually really easy and doesn't involve delays, if you're only going for shininess / gender / nature. I've only managed to find one guide that doesn't use delays, but have yet to relocate it. If you'd like, though, I can send you a VM/PM and explain the process. I previously had had no experience with RNG abuse, and I had it memorized and just about mastered within a few days.

I'm grateful that the odds have changed in X/Y. I've only had my copy of Y since late December and I already have encountered three shinies (one from chaining, one RE, and one via SRing). <3
Old January 17th, 2014 (10:22 AM).
Master of the Dragonites

Nature: Calm
be
Quote originally posted by ⊗Slenderman⊗:
Shiny RNG breeding on D/P/Pt is actually really easy and doesn't involve delays, if you're only going for shininess / gender / nature. I've only managed to find one guide that doesn't use delays, but have yet to relocate it. If you'd like, though, I can send you a VM/PM and explain the process. I previously had had no experience with RNG abuse, and I had it memorized and just about mastered within a few days.

I'm grateful that the odds have changed in X/Y. I've only had my copy of Y since late December and I already have encountered three shinies (one from chaining, one RE, and one via SRing). <3
Good job on 2 at the full odds!

I will investigate tomorrow when I have some time, but if you could give me a very brief overview that would be helpful. Then I will at least know what to look for lol. As I say I do understand the theory where you have to hit your seed, but, my timing just sucks
Old January 17th, 2014 (10:52 PM).

found a shiny protean froakie after 1 egg :D but I want it perfect :c his ivs are 31/x/31/x/31/31 but still is a shiny :D
Old January 18th, 2014 (01:02 AM).
Whatever Forever
Silver Tier

Nature: Relaxed
1 egg?!?!?!?!? O.o Wow congratz man!
Old January 18th, 2014 (09:48 PM). Edited January 18th, 2014 by Enth.

Nature: Timid
I Enth, have read all of the Forum and Club rules and promise to follow every single one of them. I also agree that breaking a rule, no matter which one, will give me a strike.

If anybody remembers that /\
|

Anywho, I'm relatively new to the shiny hunting scene. I am just getting into proper hunts (RE, MM etc) but i spammed the heck out of chaining in gen IV.

I joined PokéCommunity for the sole purpose of posting in this thread

My shinies are:

X and Y:
Skrelp (Chain Fishing)
Remoraid (Chain Fishing)
Gabite x 2 (Friend Safari)

Black and White:
I sadly never got anything here

DPPtHGSS:
I can't remember off the top of my head but something like 20 chained shinies
Voltorb (RE at the start of a chain)
Graveler (Also RE at the start of a chain)
Spearow (RE)

Ruby:
Sableye (RE, my first ever shiny )

My current hunts (I don't tend to keep count):
Shelgon in friend safari
Scraggy horde encounters of route 5

A question: for the monthly/yearly/SHC shinydex, do friend safari shinies count?
Old January 19th, 2014 (09:42 AM).
dance of swords
AdministratorCS

I've started my hunt for a shiny Chespin two days ago. Been breeding some good parents - a male Mienfoo with 31/31/31/x/31/31 IV spread and my Japanese female adamant bulletproof Chespin which, if I remember right, has a x/31/31/31/31/31 IV spread. Can't wait! Shiny Chespin is one of my goals. <3
Old January 19th, 2014 (09:22 PM).

I did it! I found my first shiny ever! It's a shiny Chlorophyll Oddish. This is the first shiny I have ever found while playing Pokemon, other than the shiny Espeon I encountered in the Battle Tower . Here's a pic

3DS Friend Code: 2380-4071-7537
Old January 19th, 2014 (10:34 PM).

Yesterday i was in my PC box and saw i had a Japanese Furfrou, so I decided i would try and hatch for a shiny Furfrou. Only 80 eggs in I hatched Midnight the shiny Furfrou! My first successful MM hunt! Pictures may come later because my internet is slow where I am.

The 80 egg count was sort of justified though, because in Black 1 (i think) i MMed Charmander for about 2 weeks flat hatching 100-200 eggs a day and didn't get a thing (except a bunch of Modest Charmanders)

Midnight is Adamant (everstone worked, yay!) but the IVs are bad (<90 total, best stat speed: don't know exact numbers) but a shiny is a shiny!

My next hunt will be shuppet via MM (already have JAP male banette)

My Vivillon pattern: River

"Only three things are infinite: the universe, human stupidity and the amount of Zubat in dark caves"
- Albert Einstein

Old January 19th, 2014 (11:09 PM).
I'm food

Nature: Naive
Heey y'all! This is my first post here in SHC!
Yeah, I still got no shinies...but I'm currently hunting for a shiny Bulbasaur.
Wish y'all luck!
Old January 20th, 2014 (09:04 AM).
That guy over there

Nature: Modest
Dang! I havn't been here for a while. Not since September I think.
I'd love to be able to congratulate everyone individualy on the shinies they have gotten since then but there are just to many to count!!! (Hopefully that keeps up!!!). So I'll say now HUGE CONGRATZ TO EVERYONE WHO GOT A SHINY!!!!

Anyways I noticed that over Christmas as well as other peoples shinies I missed a ton of Youtube videos by my favorite youtubers and I also realised that I havn't hunted since I got my Ralts. At least not done any major hunting. So I thought what better time to get back into it? I'll hunt while I'm catching up on the Youtube videos at the same time. I think I'll start off by doing some of that new chain fishing (It's new to me at least) just to get me back into the swing of things and then once I've done that I think I'll get back hunting for the long overdue Dialga that keeps illuding me.

Good Luck with your hunts everyone!!!!

(Also would it be too late to say Happy New Year?)
Old January 20th, 2014 (04:16 PM).

Hi all,
I was just EV training Midnight and on the final battle for one last HP EV, I chanced upon a shiny Gulpin! She was in a horde so was kinda anxious. I caught her in a premier ball. She is Gentle natured so i think i will make her special wall (if i ever use her)'. Her IVs are above average (91-121 IV total). I am still deciding on a nickname. I was thinking Blobella. Pictures may come later.

Good luck on everybody hunts.

"Only three things are infinite: the universe, human stupidity and the amount of Zubat in dark caves"
- Albert Einstein

Old January 21st, 2014 (12:09 PM).

Quote originally posted by G-Money:
I picked up my Palkia hunt for a little bit last night, got to 5700 SRs, and then tore open a portal in time and flung it far into the future where my evil is law. Expect a shiny Palkia from me circa 2016. :cer_laugh:
G, it's almost time...

In other news I managed to nab a shiny Tropius from the friend safari, and I also got a 2nd shiny Chikorita after 9624 starters seen.

Keep your head up...
Keep your heart strong.
Old January 21st, 2014 (01:03 PM).
So strong, it hurts!

Not sure if it's worth the mention, since I caught it in a Friend Safari, but I added a shiny Aipom to the collection.

He's got a decent nature and IVs - Impish with Attack/Speed Ivs

I really like his nickname - Floyd. Like the post if you get it haha

Spoiler:

Completed Challenges: Pokemon Y Nuzlocke - Birthday Challenge - Random
Current Challenges: Ground Mono-type (5/8)

Pokemon X/Y Safari: Wooper/Camerupt/Palpitoad IGN: Chris (X), varies (Y)
Teams: My Poison Team - My Ground Team
Old January 21st, 2014 (01:28 PM).

Hehehehe Pink Floyd

I other news, I am having some insane luck. I managed to get a nosepass from horde encountering! I was up till 11 pm (in australia) watching the tennis, and after it finished i was doing a couple more encounters before I went to sleep and there she was. I named her Magneta. The best part is though, that even though she wasn't in the friend safari, she has two perfect IVs - defense and HP. 3 shinies in 2 days! this luck has to end!

Nice job on the Tropius and Chikorite TSE, and nice job on aipom @Superstrength79

- Albert Einstein

Old January 21st, 2014 (03:34 PM).
BOO!

Nature: Naughty
Hello all.
I've seen this club before and often thought of joining. The problem was I never had any shinies with my OT. In gen 5 I almost traded for a complete shiny dex. I was missing around 60 maybe, give or take a few.
Along comes gen 6. Now I have some ground to stand on here. My first ever wild shiny was a friend safari nuzleaf. Shortly after that I caught a charmeleon and then a Lillipup. My most recent wild catch was a dedenne. Along with catching, I started the masuda method. In that endeavor, I have obtained a HA treecko with crunch and a phantump. The phantump was hatched last night and has 4 iv's that are perfect. Super stoked about that one( if you can't tell ).

Now that I hatched the phantump, I've moved onto my original attempt at MM - ING again, froakie with protean(hopefully).
After that, I want to try for chespin and then noibat.

Well there you have it, my introduction. I hope to have many wonderful conversations here.

Ps. I have several more shinies in gen 6 that I've traded for. I will discuss those if you guys want but I was mainly concerned with MY shinies in this post, XD .
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)