The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 30th, 2012, 06:43 PM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Nature: Quiet

Advertise here
After 30 more egges,still no Rufflet. I really have crappy luck when it comes to shinies lol. I plan on just waiting till i get the Shiny Charm now,and even then I probably will not get one.
Old December 1st, 2012, 03:48 AM
Lunafloon

Sorry for not replying sooner, wanted to get on a computer so I could quote easier but I was having trouble getting on a computer so I'm just replying from my trusty iPhone!
Anyways, thank you everyone who congratulated me on Latias, it was very exciting but she's mine hopefully forever now!
And to G-Money, I might have to take you up on that idea to get all the yellow shinies! Not yet because I want to get all my favourite shinies/Pokémon as shinies first, but I do find the yellow ones to be my personal idea of the most beautiful shinies. Shiny Azumarill is one I really want at some point!

Anyways, 5 more Pokémon till I have my round charm, but 2 of those just had to be Thunderus and Landorus, ack! Then I'm going to MM 2 Snovers, 1 for my bf and the other for myself to keep! It will also count for the Serebii SH community hunt, any ice type shiny!
Wish me luck!

I also got the shiny Haxorus from Nature Preserve yesterday, not counting it in my sig but it does get to sit in my shiny box with Latias!
Congrats on anyone who got a shiny in my absence since I got Latias, and good luck to those with current hunts!
Old December 1st, 2012, 02:40 PM
NightOfRemorse
my anxieties have anxieties

Nature: Lonely
Congratulations on all the shinies acquired since I last posted~ Right now I'm playing through Diamond version so I can SR for the legendaries (Uxie, Mesprit and Azelf particularly :D ). Problem is, I've only defeated four gyms so far and like asdfghjkl; I can't wait till after I beat all eight lol.

What can I say? Something about that goldish/coppery color gets me. Although I can't just go without pointing out these two:

Sinnoh legendary shinies, y u so pretty?!?!11!!!eleventyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman3317 View Post
After 30 more egges,still no Rufflet. I really have crappy luck when it comes to shinies lol. I plan on just waiting till i get the Shiny Charm now,and even then I probably will not get one.
Not with that attitude you won't. Stay positive!
I stay away
Old December 1st, 2012, 03:55 PM
Necrum
Scourge of the Mushroom Kingdom!

Nature: Adamant
Soooooooo... I gave out some bad info a while back. Not my fault, youtube tricked me. Turns out, Reshiram and Zekrom are still shiny locked in BW2. I hope no one started hunting them because of me.

Anyway, 397 Magikarp
Old December 2nd, 2012, 07:02 PM
Lunafloon

Sorry to post again so soon, but is there going to be a December monthly challenge thing? The November one says it ended October 31st on front page which might be an error, but either way this would be my first quest/challenge since rejoining the club end of October, and I should have a round charm sometime next week!
Old December 2nd, 2012, 07:45 PM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

I should also have the Shiny charms as well,but I have to transfer about 300 pokemon......what fun... Maybe while i am getting tradeing pokemon,I can get a shiny. Also,I plan to go for the free Shiny Gible after you beat the Black City thing in Black 2. But it is lible to take a while,sense I still have to beat Black 2 and then beat the Black City thing.
Old December 2nd, 2012, 08:08 PM
G-Money
Polychromatic Iridescence

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunafloon View Post
Sorry to post again so soon, but is there going to be a December monthly challenge thing? The November one says it ended October 31st on front page which might be an error, but either way this would be my first quest/challenge since rejoining the club end of October, and I should have a round charm sometime next week!
Never apologize for posting!!

Yes, we're definitely going to have a December Quest! Sorry for being late on it - it's still being discussed in committee! We'll extend the deadline so that you'll have at least 30/31 days for your hunt.

EDIT: Yeah, you were right about the October date! Haha, sorry about that. YOU MUST FIND TWO SHINIES IN NEGATIVE THREE MONTHS! "lol" I've updated it to reflect the current Quest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightOfRemorse View Post
Not with that attitude you won't. Stay positive!
This is one of the truest things ever said.

Path of the Dragon: 2/7
Path of the Ghost: 8/18
Path of the Starter: 10/18

Last edited by G-Money; December 3rd, 2012 at 02:35 AM.
Old December 3rd, 2012, 12:16 AM
Latios Master
11 Year PC Member

Nature: Adamant
Welcome to the club, SP5Number3!

This week's random hunt is... the Ghost-type!

I beat the elite 4 on Black 2 and now I'm on the Marvelous Bridge. Soon I will be in Black City for the first time ever.
Old December 3rd, 2012, 02:01 AM
G-Money
Polychromatic Iridescence

Nature: Jolly
The December Monthly Quest!!

Happy December! It's time for the Holiday season, and to celebrate, we're going to catch lots and lots of shinies! :D

To complete the Quest, you must obtain 2 shinies that are either red or green. Each one will earn you one point for the Quest, and you get an extra half-point for finding one of each!

In addition, the following Holiday shinies will count as 1.5 points for this Quest:

- Snover
- Abomasnow
- Sudowoodo
- Litwick
- Lampent
- Chandelure
- Delibird
- Stantler
- Any other Holiday shiny you can think of!

Whoever has the most points at the end of the Quest wins!

The shinies must be obtained by yourself in an Advanced generation game (or newer), and no chaining or hacking is allowed. Charm shinies are allowed, but you will need to acquire 3 Charm shinies in order to fulfill one of the shiny requirements, meaning that you could fulfill the Quest by obtaining any of the following:
  • 2 non-Charm shinies
  • 1 non-Charm shiny and 3 Charm shinies
  • 6 Charm shinies

Masuda shinies will be weighted the same as 1/8192 shinies due to the increase in time commitment.

The contest lasts until midnight EST on January 4th, 2013.

Spoiler:
Well, theoretically. In practical terms, the contest will probably end on December 21st along with the rest of the world, but the contest will keep on going until January 1st even if no one gets any shinies over the past 10 days.

Good luck and have fun!

Path of the Dragon: 2/7
Path of the Ghost: 8/18
Path of the Starter: 10/18
Old December 4th, 2012, 11:48 AM
Lunafloon

Yay December Quest! My December is going to be very full of shiny hunting, though I'm unsure if I'll get more than 1, maybe 2, because I'm also working on the National Dex!

Anyways, for the Pokécommunity December shiny quest I'm hoping to get Azurill because it's green and evolves into one of my favourite shinies, yellow Azumarill! I'm also hoping to get Snover as a holiday themed shiny, which would also count towards the community hunt on Serebii which is to find an ice type shiny. I'm thinking of alternating my hunts for Azurill (RE/MM) and Snover (MM). And finally, if I somehow manage to get both of those in December, I might SR for Lapras on SS or HG, but failing that I'll probably MM for Spheal, Cubchoo or Litwik :3
Looked for a red shiny I could get for the December quest, but unless I'm blind I couldn't see very many shinies that were red, and the only ones that appealed to me were Duskull, Skorupi and Scolipede, but I'm not too motivated to get either of those for now so I'll just stick to my green and holiday themed shinies!

I'm also MMing for Charmander too, but that'll be put on hiatus probably for December, though I'll probably hatch Charmanders till I get the round charm though just for fun! Only got Landorus left until the round charm is mine, too many orbs to collect on Dream Radar!

EDIT: Going to go for Marill instead in the double grass of Village Bridge, since the double grass would hopefully make the hunt that little bit quicker! I'll still go for Azurill if/when I MM it though!
And hey, it's still green!

Last edited by Lunafloon; December 4th, 2012 at 11:45 PM.
Old December 4th, 2012, 12:02 PM
imevil
Biggest Scyther Fan
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
So, still no Starly so I'm now moving on to fnd a Shiny Mareep in Black 2. Wish me luck
Emerald Second City Challenge- COMPLETE
ULTIMATE MONOTYPE WATER!
Fire Red (COMPLETE) -> Crystal (COMPLETE) -> Emerald (COMPLETE) -> Platinum(COMPLETE -> Black 2

Hunger Games Challenge- District 8: Ruby 2/8

Old December 5th, 2012, 12:38 AM
skywolf
Unhatched Egg

Can i join i only have a shiny gabite but im looking for zorua and mareep
Old December 5th, 2012, 08:01 AM
Blaze the Cat
Life hurts, and so do I

Nature: Timid
OMG OMG OMG GUESS WHAT
Spoiler:
STILL NO SHINY!
Spoiler:
Sorry
Old December 5th, 2012, 09:23 AM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Started looking for any Giant Chasm Shiny in White 2. I am also close to being at Ho-oh in HG, so I will soon be hunting for Shiny Ho-oH.
Old December 5th, 2012, 07:50 PM
Lunafloon

This club is so quiet, my username is gonna be all over page 800!

Anyways, small update! Got Landorus and the Oval Charm today so I can begin my search for Snover! Tomorrow however I have the long task of hatching 120 Charmander eggs, bringing my total number of Charmanders up to 164, which is pretty good considering I started Monday I believe. Wish me luck that one is gold! :3
Also did about 30 Village Bridge encounters for Marill, but ended up running off to hatch Charmanders again... Ah well, I'll get motivated soon, I do really want that yellow aquatic bunny, but RE isn't my usual method of shiny hunting so I'm still not sure what I think. I still like SR best I think, got 4 shinies that way so far!

One last thing also, just to get some conversation going maybe! Out of interest, what's everyone stance on evolving shinies? Such as, how do you decide if you want to evolve a shiny, or do you never/always evolve shinies and why? For me, it depends on 2 things: First, whether the evolved form has a better or equally good shiny sprite and second, what I'm using it for. I evolved my Lucario, Meganium and Typhlosion by using them throughout the game, where as Drifblim was evolved due to simply liking Drifblim a little more than Drifloon, and they have the same shiny colours.
As for not evolving them, I'm not evolving Charmander when I get it because just personally I like golden fire lizard more than black fire dragon, and Bidoof and Zigzagoon are going to be evolved one day, I'm guilty of being lazy!

With that, good luck everyone else on your hunts! I hope to see a whole bunch of shinies appear soon, I'll send out as many buckets of luck as I can but I don't have many D:

Last edited by Lunafloon; December 5th, 2012 at 08:00 PM.
Old December 5th, 2012, 08:13 PM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Mainly the color. Such as Gible. Clearly you can tell a diffrence between normal and shiny Gible. However, Garchomp hardly looks diffrent. It is almost the exact same color.
Old December 7th, 2012, 04:03 PM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

Well, I'm hunting for a shiny Treecko.
I, sadly, have been unable to obtain a Japanese one so I can't Masuda Method it. I'm using a Treecko that was traded to me on here, so I plan on cloning the shiny and sending it to that person once I get it.

No eggs hatched yet but 5 obtained and one being held by the daycare guy.
(Copy/paste the above into your browser)

Last edited by ⊗Slenderman⊗; December 7th, 2012 at 04:25 PM.
Old December 7th, 2012, 07:04 PM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Why not try to get a Jap Ditto or does it work diffrently with Ditto?

Also, I was trying to get a Shiny Roggenrole using MM, sadly nothing after 90 eggs though. But I needed them to trade over the last 90 Kanto pokemon anyways.
Old December 7th, 2012, 10:18 PM
Flydro
doobz

Nature: Calm
YES!!!! After 2 months, it FINALLY decided to show up:

Spoiler:

Gender - Male
Ability - Keen Eye
Nature - Bold (+Def, -Atk); Capable of taking hits
HP - 77
Attack - 45
Defense - 95
Sp Attack - 27
Sp Defense - 44
Speed - 48

Caught in a Dusk Ball.

So after 11,329 REs the SHINY SKARMORY is now mine! I'm still a little in shock but I just can't explain how happy I feel right now. Been feeling very discouraged these last couple days and I had barely been hunting for the past two weeks. Tonight I decided to get a little hunting done in Soul Silver after I got home from work out of boredom, not really expecting any results. I had just finished marking yet another encounter on the calculator when I went back to watching Burn Notice. While watching I heard another encounter come up and I glanced down just in time to see those green wings coming across the screen! Then I saw that shine and my face fell to the floor. I immediately stopped everything and went into that zone where all my focus was on trying to catch the shiny. I caught it and saved as quickly as possible, thought about making a video of it but I didn't wanna take that chance of something going wrong (idk what I would've done if the game froze or something) but after I caught it I took some pics so I'll post them up later. This was my longest hunt ever at 11,329 as well as my first RE hunt. I have been wanting shiny Skarmory ever since I first saw it and I just had to have it. The hunt was long but so well worth it, I now have my third shiny! And I feel like my tribute to my lost Swampert and Swellow (RIP) in Ruby version is now finished; Swampert and Typhlosion - both starters, both luckily obtained in less than 20 SRs, also Swellow and Skarmory - both flying types, both have green in their shiny colors. Now I plan on playing my way through SS while I figure out what my next target will be. I'm not in too big of a rush though, I'm still riding high from catching Skarmory. I'll post pics of it later, as well as what my new target will be. Meanwhile, GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE ON THEIR HUNTS! Stay motivated! :DDD

*hunting:

Last edited by Flydro; December 7th, 2012 at 11:27 PM.
Old December 8th, 2012, 02:23 AM
miloticfan54
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to miloticfan54
It's been a while... Schoolwork has really disrupted much of my time hunting, but apparently I used up an entire week to obtain the shiny charm... With this new thing at hand, I promised myself I'd start hunting after the break... But temptation struck... Due to being forced on bedrest for breaking my back, the temptation has broken through!!! Currently at a hunt for Frillish, and according to the Trainer Card.... 1142 REs so far...

Well, good luck to everyone else who is out there. Hopefully this shiny charm will do us some good?

I'm... so... happy... and... depressed at the same time.... Ugh... My first RE'd shiny didn't go well... Fishing spot had to pop up randomly and I wasn't watching...
Spoiler:

She has a Bashful and appeared after 10 REs after my dinner break... I wasn't looking when the fishing spot appeared... When I stared down I was like "Odd... Purple... YESYESYES, Wait... NOOOOOOOOOO!" And there you have it... First RE'd shiny on first day... I'd say if it was for Frillish, it would be about.... 1842 REs...

I feel so spited!!!! I'm gonna triple DS RE now! Frillish!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by miloticfan54; December 8th, 2012 at 04:57 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old December 8th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Aaryn
I Want a DS!!!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Aaryn Send a message via Yahoo to Aaryn
Little update to keep in touch. Not much time to play actually but oh well, I'm getting along.

I got myself a Wii U. Any og you guys got one so I can add you?

Full credits to MetalMario for the card and for the banner!
Old December 8th, 2012, 02:37 PM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

Update:
I've hatched around 45 Treecko eggs. 3 females (or maybe it's 2) obtained and no shiny one yet. T:

But I'm going to keep trying. By the time I hatch all of the ones I have on hand, It'll have been 90 eggs.
(Copy/paste the above into your browser)
Old December 8th, 2012, 03:20 PM
miloticfan54
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to miloticfan54
Quote:
Originally Posted by ⊗Slenderman⊗ View Post
Update:
I've hatched around 45 Treecko eggs. 3 females (or maybe it's 2) obtained and no shiny one yet. T:

But I'm going to keep trying. By the time I hatch all of the ones I have on hand, It'll have been 90 eggs.
Don't worry, you'll get it eventually... Masuda shinies don't show up that quickly, and the longer it takes to find a shiny... The more worth it has.
Old December 8th, 2012, 08:31 PM
Lunafloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flydro View Post
YES!!!! After 2 months, it FINALLY decided to show up:
Congrats! Shiny Skarmory is so pretty with that green colour! And I'm glad you made up for your lost shinies, I hope your next shiny will be just as good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miloticfan54 View Post
She has a Bashful and appeared after 10 REs after my dinner break... I wasn't looking when the fishing spot appeared... When I stared down I was like "Odd... Purple... YESYESYES, Wait... NOOOOOOOOOO!" And there you have it... First RE'd shiny on first day... I'd say if it was for Frillish, it would be about.... 1842 REs...

I feel so spited!!!! I'm gonna triple DS RE now! Frillish!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm not sure if your happy or disappointed but congrats on getting the shiny Alomomola, I haven't seen it in it's shiny form yet! And I hope a sparkly, shiny Frillish grabs your rod soon :3

As for my shiny hunts, Charmander is now on hold at 220 eggs, Snover was MEANT to be started today but I've become hooked on REs right now so I've done 1186 in 2 days. I don't think that's too many, but I'm hoping if I keep it up I might get a shiny by Christmas, whether it's Snover, Charmander, Marill or even something else at Village Bridge!
Good luck everyone else, nice to see some shinies appearing right after sharing my luck buckets, I guess I can spare a LITTLE more, but I'll need the rest back!
Old December 8th, 2012, 08:41 PM
SP5Number3
Unhatched Egg

Just a short update.

Mudkip is one of my current main hunts, standing at 5100 SR's. However, there is a problem: the batteries are dying on both of the games (Ruby and Sapphire). The natures of the Mudkips are repeating themselves, as though the battery is dry, when it is not. A trustworthy source told me that meant the batteries are dying. I'm not sure if you can get shinies at this point (I'm sure you can), but I'm still reseting. (If anybody knows anything about this, could you please let me know?)

The exterior of Dragonspiral Tower is my second main hunt. I am at 4700 RE's. I hope to get a shiny before December ends, for this hunt was started as a holiday thing! I'm duel hunting on Black and White (the originals).

After these hunts, I will probably go back to my Blitzle hunt, which I put on hold after I got a shiny Pidove a long while ago. If I get Mudkip, I will probably do Route 110 in both of them, which I also started earlier.

Anyways, good luck on everyone's hunts, and congragulations if I missed anyone's shinies!!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here