The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Advertise here

View Poll Results: Hack of the Month
Pokémon Azure Horizons 70 35.18%
Pokémon Dark Cry: The Legend of Giratina 108 54.27%
Pokémon DarkBlue Version 21 10.55%
Voters: 199. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old August 10th, 2009, 10:54 AM
Christos
Project Shinx

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Skype™ to Christos

Advertise here

Introduction

You have until the first of September to vote for your Hack of the Month. The winner hack's thread will be stickied for a month, until the next month's winner is announced. The winner hack will also be added to PokéCommunity's official ROM Hacking Hall of Fame. Only hacks in either the Progressing Hacks forum or the Hacks Showcase forum are eligible for nomination.

Eligible Hacks

Rules

• You may vote once per month, per hack.
  • Asking or bribing others to vote for your hack is not allowed.
  • Creating new accounts to vote multiple times is not allowed and will be dealt with accordingly.
  • Voting is done via the poll not by posting in this thread, votes in the form of posts will not be counted.
  • Don't complain that your hack was not chosen this month.
Old August 10th, 2009, 10:57 AM
SonicBlazePlatinum
/)^3^(\
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Relaxed
I voted for Azure Horizons as HotM AGAIN. This hack really deserves it and Frostbite is a good rom hacker.
Pokemon WARPED: Fixed Beta 3, to be available when I ask permission from Magneto20 or the other guy to fix it. Farfetch'd! Septo Conquest Deluxe is on hold until WARPED is finished to be more awesoming.
Pokemon Light Platinum X will be coming soon after CycloneGU makes a fixed version of the current release.
Also coming soon is Pokemon Summer, Autumn, Winter, and Spring. Also to be known as the Pokemon Seasons, Pokemon Summer and Winter coming soon first!
Old August 10th, 2009, 10:59 AM
.Tactic.
x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to .Tactic.
I vote for Dark Cry!
It rocks!
Great story - amasing tiles - so much going on!
Old August 10th, 2009, 11:15 AM
hashtag
the man in black
Community Supporter

Azure Horizons, you know why? It's probably the second best hack I've played all year. And that is only second to the awesomeness of the new LiquidOcean. But seriously, where do I start on why I voted for Azure Horizons. At the moment on pokécommunity it is the best hack with an active thread. Let's break it down shall we? The mapping, it is so precise to the style of nintendo and it even improves on it. The mapping is pure playability and of course, it is fantastic and wonderful. The tiles are a great mix of the advance generation styles, also with other custom tiles in further parts of the game. Such as the snowy region and the sewers, these may not have been in the beta but still look fantastic nonetheless. The sprites, oh it really seems that FrostBite can sprite. You only really need to start the game to see that. The overworld sprite of the male is just flawless and oh so wonderful, it's sublime. There are other fantastic sprites too, and not just the overworlds. The sprites of the gym leaders are amazingly done and really well put together too. They are a very nice concept and again just flawless. Again, there is the backsprite of the hero, which again is flawless. It's hard to find another word to describe this amazing hack. The scripting, the scripting takes this hack into a class of its own. If you thought everything else was good, you were wrong this just shows how good this hack is. The scripting of this hack is just wonderfully executed and is just so flawless. I know this hack probably won't win hack of the month, mostly for the fact that most people are a sucker for the amazing graphics. But please, help this hack win it is too good not to win hack of the month. Maybe even hack of the year, who knows. Already, this hack has my vote for the yearly competition.

paired with christos
Old August 10th, 2009, 11:56 AM
5qwerty
Pikachu's Beach. No Surfboard.

Nature: Impish
I voted for Dark Cry because of the awesome tiles, the new Pokemon, and that red moon background.

Old August 10th, 2009, 12:56 PM
wee.scot13
Beginning Trainer

i voted for azure horizons cause it rules and i like the storyline great hack frostbite
Old August 10th, 2009, 02:10 PM
.little monster
Donator Tier 4

Pokemon Dark Blue is best, admit it. *votes for it*

Hello, hello baby you called but I can't hear a thing.

Old August 10th, 2009, 02:17 PM
Samike360
Lover of May

I vote for Azure Horizons because I know that Frostbite works hard on it and I like the nintendo-style mapping.

Please warm my eggs...I'll be sure to return the favor

From now one, if you haven't contacted me yet....I will not accept hacks unless they are at least in progressing hacks. So if you want my help, get some screenshots first.
Old August 10th, 2009, 03:01 PM
Pokepal17
More cowbell~

Nature: Modest
I vote for Azure Horizons.
Old August 10th, 2009, 06:44 PM
Vrai
can you feel my heart?

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Vrai
Azure Horizons collects my vote as well.
Old August 10th, 2009, 07:28 PM
mew²
Helix 4 President!

Nature: Quiet
Vote Dark Cry people! It shall be awesome!

RickySlaughter

Pokemon X - Ricky `~`
FC: 4871 4170 6707
Old August 11th, 2009, 01:37 AM
Lover's Kite
the age of empathy
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Lover's Kite
Kay, I played Pokémon Azure Horizons and Pokémon DarkBlue. My vote goes to Azure Horizons, it's one of the best I've played so far aside from Liquid Ocean~ The maps are really pretty and are not too complex like some I've seen in other hacks and from the Map Rating thread. The scripting is really good too, along with the choice of music (personally, R/S/E music is my favourite out of the current four generations). I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up as a candidate for Hack of the Year '09!
*me votes*
Old August 11th, 2009, 02:02 AM
Surf

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Surf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice. View Post
Azure Horizons, you know why? It's probably the second best hack I've played all year. And that is only second to the awesomeness of the new LiquidOcean. But seriously, where do I start on why I voted for Azure Horizons. At the moment on pokécommunity it is the best hack with an active thread. Let's break it down shall we? The mapping, it is so precise to the style of nintendo and it even improves on it. The mapping is pure playability and of course, it is fantastic and wonderful. The tiles are a great mix of the advance generation styles, also with other custom tiles in further parts of the game. Such as the snowy region and the sewers, these may not have been in the beta but still look fantastic nonetheless. The sprites, oh it really seems that FrostBite can sprite. You only really need to start the game to see that. The overworld sprite of the male is just flawless and oh so wonderful, it's sublime. There are other fantastic sprites too, and not just the overworlds. The sprites of the gym leaders are amazingly done and really well put together too. They are a very nice concept and again just flawless. Again, there is the backsprite of the hero, which again is flawless. It's hard to find another word to describe this amazing hack. The scripting, the scripting takes this hack into a class of its own. If you thought everything else was good, you were wrong this just shows how good this hack is. The scripting of this hack is just wonderfully executed and is just so flawless. I know this hack probably won't win hack of the month, mostly for the fact that most people are a sucker for the amazing graphics. But please, help this hack win it is too good not to win hack of the month. Maybe even hack of the year, who knows. Already, this hack has my vote for the yearly competition.
So tl;dr xD

Azure Horizons defiantly gets my vote, it really deceives to win, because of what Alice said.
clan, to play with casually.
Send me a PM with your Highest Level and your PSN,
and I'll get back to you.
Old August 11th, 2009, 07:17 AM
sasquatchd00d
welcoming a clean head.

Azure Horizons for sure. This hack is the only one that I am interested in playing. The beta was absolutely fantastic.
Old August 11th, 2009, 10:20 AM
Master Terrador
Welcome to the Underworld!

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surf View Post
So tl;dr xD

Azure Horizons defiantly gets my vote, it really deceives to win, because of what Alice said.
Deceives should change to deserves...

I Vote For Azure Horizons...
I've Played Darkblue and Azure Horizons...
And Had A More enjoyable experience playing AH...
Frostbite has really worked hard on this and deserves the award...
Old August 11th, 2009, 10:18 PM
Thrace
@tion

Looks like Azure Horizons is going to take it out this month and I'm glad because its been under appreciated a long time (not so much now). BUTTTTT I don't think it deserves to win this month. This month my vote goes to Dark Cry for the same reasons I attempted to vote for Iris last month.

Dark Cry is a beautiful hack but its not for me. As the saying goes "beauty is in the eye of the beholder". I don't think we should ignore everything mitchel1 has achieved (which imo is more than Frostbite with Azure Horizons) just because its not our type of hack. So yeah... double checks vote... *votes*
Old August 11th, 2009, 10:43 PM
Halcyon
peace and serenity

Nature: Quirky
My vote goes to Azure Horizons like on the previous month.
It has the kind of 'Nintendo feel' that I really like.

Old August 11th, 2009, 10:49 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Dark Cry. Mitchel is awesome hacker and this hack has everything.
Awesome plot, tiles OWs and scripts

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old August 12th, 2009, 10:05 AM
insectduel
Pokémon Brown Manga Maker

Nature: Rash
Pokémon Dark Cry and Pokémon DarkBlue Version is one of those unplayed hacks or even got a chance to look at it. I do know that Pokémon Azure Horizons may deserve it for the month.

Oh wait, I heard of Pokémon Dark Cry before. Screenshots confuses me.

*Pending*
Old August 12th, 2009, 10:28 AM
kacqn
???

Nature: Mild
I vote for Azure Horizons. It looks good
Old August 12th, 2009, 02:54 PM
EmpoleonRules7
Spurs!!!

I voted for Dark Cry. It's very good imo. Especially the Torn World!
Old August 13th, 2009, 05:28 AM
liban_828
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Jolly
i voted dark cry is looks amazing

Future Pokemon Team:

Please tell me what you think about my team!

Old August 13th, 2009, 06:19 AM
poopnoodle

Send a message via Skype™ to poopnoodle
Currently being seduced by nerdy kids with their amazing ideas and graphic expertise.

*I've not tested any betas...the result of deciding to buy a stupid Mac with my savings.

Dark Blue looks enchanting, but I don't speak Spanish. I'm not sure how I feel about Azure Horizons graphically speaking, not the most creative hack I've ever looked at (and I might get crap for that) but I hear good things. So good luck with that. But I'll go ahead and vote for DarkCry, there's so much exciting fantasy happening I don't know what to do with myself.

Last edited by poopnoodle; August 13th, 2009 at 06:40 AM. Reason: spelling error
Old August 13th, 2009, 06:54 AM
●•ΛΣЯӨЩ•●
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
Darkcry it is...And vote casted!!!
Old August 14th, 2009, 07:26 AM
Neo-Wolf
I am back!

Pokemon Dark Cry is the best -
Cool tiles .
Good OWs ( Lets face it . Azure Horizons also has good OWs , but still ... )
Nice Story .
New Battlegrounds .
And mitchel1 , one of the best FR hackers .

Hey guys, I am back!
But NO more ROM Hacking for me.
Nor any CSS.
I am now primarily a writer.

Stuck in your hack? Developed a writer's block? Get cool story ideas from me!
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here