Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion
Reload this Page "Old Rivals, New Tricks!" Episode Discussion

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Episode Discussion Whether you want to speculate about the upcoming episodes or reminisce about the episodes you watched years ago, Episode Discussion is your place for discussing, speculating, and reviewing all the Pokémon anime episodes.

Old September 4th, 2009 (10:01 PM).

Send a message via AIM to Charaxes
Here is where you can discuss the Sandalstraw Contest in "Old Rivals, New Tricks!"

My review to come forthwith.

(I should be able to do next week's, as well, but the week after is somewhat iffy.)
Old September 5th, 2009 (04:06 PM). Edited September 6th, 2009 by Vernikova.
Banned

<Rebecca “Vernikova” Reyes claims this spot to post the holier-than-thou review of this dead thread's episode. This post will be edited in the near future to fit the previous statement. If you don't like it, well, no one cares.>

I'm hoping for a good episode.

It was a nice episode. It was obvious that Dawn wouldn't win because she has 4 Contest Ribbons while Ash only has 6 Gym Badges. It would've been nice though since that might've let us see her train for the Grand Festival. I like that Mamoswine also seemed interested in participating in Pokémon Contests but this week wasn't the week. Throughout the episode, while I was watching it with my brother, we were making fun of Ambipom since neither of us like it. He doesn't know that thing leaves next week though so woop. Anyway, it's too bad that Kenny went away this episode since I like him more than Barry but at least I don't have to hear his voice anymore. That was annoying. Well, it really wasn't but his character doesn't interest me but he's still better than Barry.

↓ I do.
Old September 6th, 2009 (05:17 AM).
What do I put here?
Gold Tier

^ Who does that?

- Barry, yay!
- Interesting TPCI music...
- Kenny's voice...
- Wow, I completly forgot about Mime Jr
- I hate you, Remarkable Man
- I remember that Team Rocket outfit....
- Mamoswine looks really scary because they cropped the edges XD
- Random pingpong...
- Scary Mamoswine again
- Dawn lost again?
- Meowth doing a contest? Should be interesting
- Noo, it cropped off Barry a bit D:
- I love you, Barry
- How Barry said "great" and "awesome" was hilarious XDD

Music kept

TR Sneaking Theme
DP Contest Theme
When Jessie sent out Mime Jr?
When Mime Jr started using Teeter Dance
RBY Gym Theme
Kimi no Soba de battle remix
Flying Pokeball Chaos
Satoshi's Battle decison
Prinplup uses Drill Peck
DP Wild Pokemon Battle
Route 214
Kanto ending theme
Old September 8th, 2009 (02:25 PM).
¯\(º_o)/¯

Nature: Calm
Grandma's house ain't got no cable.... Heh, I'm glad I got my brother to record it.

Pretty good episode. It's sad that Dawn lost, but I think she handled it well. Jessie also got pretty close. Too bad she....uh, pretty much failed at her battle. I wonder if Dawn and Kenny will face each other for the next ribbon, or if Kenny will win his next ribbon by himself. I'm leaning more towards the latter, though. Also, Jessie entering the next contest with Meowth is going to be awesome...
Old September 8th, 2009 (04:54 PM).

Send a message via AIM to Charaxes
Y'know, if Dawn goes into the Grand Festival and loses in the first round, I'll demand my money back. May, that would have been alright, as she was a newbie, but this constant streak of losing....

"Why did they make her mother a top Coordinator, if they weren't going to go that way with her, anyway?"

I'm sorry, but honestly, this is getting monotonous.

Edit: Although, Jorah's "I hate you, Remarkable Man" made me feel better.
Old September 13th, 2009 (12:46 PM).
Normal is a synonym for boring
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
This was a decent episode, though I wish we'd seen more of Jessie's battle. I think the problem That most people have with TR is thatthey don't get enough screen time to really be anything other than quick, uninteresting villains for the most part. I would happily watch an episode with two full battles and without the whole scene at the end. Like, does Jessie not matter enough for her match to be shown properly?

By the way, did anyone notice Ambipom using DOUBLE HIT against a HAUNTER during the montage that skipped the first few rounds?

Old September 13th, 2009 (05:14 PM).
We're Safe and Sound~
Gold Tier

Nature: Rash
Gahhhh.............I forgot to watch that Episode too....
Old September 13th, 2009 (05:24 PM).
Posting King
Crystal Tier

I love that episode i saw it about 2 weeks ago.

If you want to chat with me shoot me a VM. Trust me I can't bite you through the computer
Old September 15th, 2009 (10:11 AM).
Self-Proclaimed Gym Leader

Nature: Gentle
I liked the contest battle. It's nice to see (playing devil's advocate) Jessie, aka Jesselina, step up and advance to the next level. I liked how she used Mime Jr.'s Teeter Dance to engage the audience in dancing along. Dawn's Ambipom was impressive, too, with using Swift and Double Hit. It kinda sucked that Dawn has 4 ribbons, Kenny now has 4, and Jesselina only has 2. I really want Jessie to enter the Grand Festival. (Does that make me a bad guy?) I mean, she has really good potential and Meowth now wants to be in the next contest. I wonder what he'll do...

We can make a Pokémon Concert! All we need is Jigglypuff to sing...wait, that would be a bad idea because we would all fall asleep, Jigglypuff would get mad and then it would draw on all of our faces...yeah, let's not do that!

75% of Pokémon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their Pokémon battle-worthy.
If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokémon up legally, put this in your signature.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links