The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: which nightmare ponyta looks better on page 6?
The first one 231 74.28%
The second one 87 27.97%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 311. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 9th, 2009 (04:14 PM).
Rabbit
where is my mind?

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Rabbit Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Rabbit
You are one hell of a spriter! These are just amazing. Better than Nintendo sprites, overall. All of your fakemon kick ass. Aerodactyl's prevo is adorable. And Dunsparce's evo is just the greatest thing ever. I've seen a lot of Dunsparce evos on DevArt, but yours takes the cake. Is it drgon-type?

Whoah...terrains. Just whoah.

Hunting Pokemon - great idea. Everyone loves exclusive Pokemon, right? Especially when they have awesome typing! (I think Nightmare Ponyta should be ghost/fire, though.)

So much for art and extra things. I can't wait to see the content. :) Your plot sounds pretty basic but not in a bad way, in fact it avoids being completely improbable the way a lot of them are.

Can I take one of the fakemons and make a support bar? The one you have just doesn't stand out from the rest, imho.

PS: Clean up your first post. It's super messy, everything is in capitals, and looking at the spoilers stretches the page. :P Make it look professional! Presentation can make all the difference.

dreaming again
of a train track ending at the edge of the sea
Old December 9th, 2009 (04:28 PM).
Andinator
Got my Account Back

the hunt sounds interesting, but the story is too complicated (they should be short and to the point).

Click us!!!!!
My Poképet!!

ELECTIVIRE

Old December 9th, 2009 (07:32 PM).
HeavyOctillery
Locked & Loaded

Actually, Rabbit has a good point; the Nightmaree Ponyta would probably do better as a Ghost/Fire rather than Dark/Fire.

Btw, what did you think about the idea I had a while back regarding a new icon for the hunt Pokemon variants? It seems unnecessary to rename the Pokemon when they're still the same Pokemon (albeit with very notable differences, obviously), and adding a special icon next to its name (when it doesn't have a nickname) and on the Summary screen would look better.

Also, how do I go about putting the userbar in my sig? There's no URL code for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthvagabond100 View Post
@heavyoctillery: Wats up man, and yea i knew the little guy was a mole so i was like fuc it and redrew him with legs lol. also whatever u do dont google diglett and dugtrio images. HIGHLY DISTURBING
Lololol, I'll keep that in mind.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old December 9th, 2009 (08:32 PM). Edited December 10th, 2009 by Rabbit.
Rabbit
where is my mind?

Send a message via AIM to Rabbit Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Rabbit
But they are a different species, Oct. Different typing, different movepool, maybe even different stats. The crystal Nosepass even gets a new evolution. The only relation they have to the original species is that they look similar.

Edited by Neo-Dragon: One of those images should not have been posted. You know which one.

Lol. Come on, it wasn't that bad.

dreaming again
Old December 10th, 2009 (12:47 AM).
HeavyOctillery
Locked & Loaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
But they are a different species, Oct. Different typing, different movepool, maybe even different stats. The crystal Nosepass even gets a new evolution. The only relation they have to the original species is that they look similar.
A Nosepass is still a Nosepass. An altered one, but still the same species. Otherwise, it shouldn't even be considered a Nosepass at all. But how all of that works is darth's decision.
Quote:
Try surrounding the image with {url=}{/url}.
Tried that; I can't get the image pasted into my sig.
Quote:
DIGLETT DIGLETT DIGLETT DUGTRIO Oh God.
I won't touch those links with a 10-foot pole for obvious reasons........not to mention you might have just broken a giant rule of these forums.....ya' might want to take those down before the mods see em.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old December 10th, 2009 (11:53 AM).
Rabbit
where is my mind?

Quote:
Tried that; I can't get the image pasted into my sig.
Have you tried highlighting, copying and pasting the image?

dreaming again
Old December 10th, 2009 (12:24 PM).
jwadey
Experienced Trainer

The Idea is good, but it'll be interesting to see how it turns out.

<<Credit goes to ~pokemon-master for artwork>>

Thanks to Pokemonjake for the avatar!
Old December 10th, 2009 (08:02 PM).
Andinator
Got my Account Back

Quote:
@heavyoctillery: Wats up man, and yea i knew the little guy was a mole so i was like fuc it and redrew him with legs lol. also whatever u do dont google diglett and dugtrio images. HIGHLY DISTURBING
Well, I warned you

Click us!!!!!
My Poképet!!

ELECTIVIRE

Old December 10th, 2009 (08:02 PM). Edited December 10th, 2009 by darthvagabond100.
darthvagabond100
Pokemon ~NEBULA~ Creator

@heavyoctillery. Ponyta has been changed to a fire ghost type.

Now lets see. crystal nosepass technically belongs to the species nosepass because it has undergone a natural mutation like albino in real life, though upon reaching its fake third form it becomes a completely new pokemon. so both you and rabbit were correct. in your own respective ways.
honestly i just made crystal nosepass have a new name cuz i didnt wanna see nosepasse then nosepass directly under each other in the pokedex. Oh and i like your icon idea most definitely. i might get to work on that. how do u think the icon should look?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death5 Shadow View Post
whats up with the evolution of the unearthed diglett it looks nothing like a dugtrio
its because its a solo unearthed digglet. it doesnt rely on the other three upon going into evolution. so i thought i'd make it look different when it evolves, to suit the need fore more digging power.

@lizardman- its just hair lol. also i put it there because it doesnt spend as much time underground as its brothers

USEFUL STUFF: PRODUCTS I THINK U GUYS MIGHT LIKE

LEARN HOW TO MAKE MONEY WITH
CELL PHONES!!!Click this link>>> http://tinyurl.com/yaqyfop
(I'm doing it to haha)

WANNA COPY CONSOL GAMES?PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, Gamecube, Psp, Nintendo Ds, Playstation, Ps One, Ps2, Xbox, Dreamcast, And Game Boy/GameBoy Advanced...
Click this link>>> http://tinyurl.com/ygs3gas

LEARN HOW TWO DOMINATE MAFIA WARS!!!
Click this link>>> http://tinyurl.com/ycerrnu

Old December 11th, 2009 (07:59 AM).
Hybrid Trainer
My Secrecy. My Advantage.

Hey i know it takes time and all to make a game with looks as good as this and such complicated scripting needs but could you give us a date of when it might be finished, or even a persentage of how much is done. thanks

"I am confident that if anyone actually penetrates our facades, even the most perceptive would still be fundamentally unprepared for the truth of House Dimir."
-Szadek, Lord of Secrets

Old December 11th, 2009 (01:39 PM).
Ty 101
Advanced Trainer

Asking that is against the rules.
Old December 11th, 2009 (03:15 PM).
Spikey-Eared Pichu
Pichu-pi!

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via AIM to Spikey-Eared Pichu
Wow, Alex, the Unearth Diglett and its evolution are both really awsome. Makes me wanna raise a Diglett. The Hitmonlee evolution made me laugh, that's a good thing btw. Nicely done =)
Old December 11th, 2009 (10:27 PM).
CensorFairy
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Quirky
I'm amazed how receptive to suggestions you are- this combined with phenomenal sprites and ideas makes this one of the few fangames I'm dying for.

Old December 12th, 2009 (02:00 PM).
lizardman974
I'm honestly just that awesome

Darth, I made an icon to go next to a hunt pokemon's name that I thought would be appropriate.

It's a safari hat. You know, safari, hunt, same sort of thing.

Old December 12th, 2009 (04:39 PM).
Missingno2101
Beginning Trainer

If you don't mind, I have a hunt for you that you can use.Well, that is if you want to use it.

Hunt NameI have no name for it)
Reward: Firestone, Leafstone, Waterstone, Thunderstone,
Descriptionomebody, help! It started out as a normal fishing day for me, until I caught an amazing looking Clamperl! It had a strange aura around it!It had three pearl heads and each one had one eye open that looked REALLY annoyed! An amazing aspect about it was that each head was a different color! Red, green, and blue! What was even more amazinng was that the shell was yellow and even had an annoyed face! I didn't even know that Clamperls' shells' had faces! Well, anyway, I started to battle it and as soon as I sent out my Milotic, each head and the shell used an attack. Flamethrower, Magical Leaf, Hydro Blast, and Thunderbolt! It KOed my Milotic like that. After that, it went on a rampage attacking a lot of swimmers and surfers! Please catch that monstrosity!
~Fisherman Josiah
(If Clamperl evolves into Gorebyss, It will have a head as the tail and will have a Clamperl head on top of one head, and another on top of the other head.One Gorebyss head will have a yellow stripe, the other will have a blue stripe. One Clamperl head will have a red stripe, the other will have a green stripe. Samething applies if Clamperl evolves into Huntail.)

If you can't do it, I'm sorry for wasting your time.
Old December 12th, 2009 (04:46 PM).
HeavyOctillery
Locked & Loaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
Have you tried highlighting, copying and pasting the image?
Yup. Didn't work.
Quote:
Oh and i like your icon idea most definitely. i might get to work on that. how do u think the icon should look?
Hm, I actually hadn't gotten that far. I sorta have an idea, but I don't have a concrete design yet.

Old December 12th, 2009 (06:14 PM).
Andinator
Got my Account Back

Hey guys, I made some banners for the game XD:

Hydratini Banner:

Code:
[IMG]http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l382/AndinatorX/NebulaBannerDratini.png[/IMG]

Autumn Oddish Banner:

Code:
[IMG]http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l382/AndinatorX/NebulaBannerOddish.png[/IMG]

Lucipass Banner:

Code:
[IMG]http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l382/AndinatorX/NebulaBannerNosepass.png[/IMG]

Click us!!!!!
My Poképet!!

ELECTIVIRE

Old December 12th, 2009 (06:21 PM).
Vanitas~
Ink Blot

Nature: Bold
Those are awesome. I've already got it in my sig. Could you make another one featuring the Meteor Bagon? THEN they would be undeniably incomparable. (Or maybe my Hol-loh for me xD)
Old December 12th, 2009 (07:03 PM).
snap12
Billie Jean is not my lover

Nature: Lax
@ Andinator

Those look great man, but i think they are a little dark... maybe lighten them up if its possible? But then again, what do i know?

V I I I. T h e . F u r r y . o f . D a n c i n g . F l a m e s
Old December 12th, 2009 (08:04 PM).
Andinator
Got my Account Back

thnx for the feedback guys

Click us!!!!!
My Poképet!!

ELECTIVIRE

Old December 12th, 2009 (09:54 PM).
darthvagabond100
Pokemon ~NEBULA~ Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno2101 View Post
If you don't mind, I have a hunt for you that you can use.Well, that is if you want to use it.

Hunt NameI have no name for it)
Reward: Firestone, Leafstone, Waterstone, Thunderstone,
Descriptionomebody, help! It started out as a normal fishing day for me, until I caught an amazing looking Clamperl! It had a strange aura around it!It had three pearl heads and each one had one eye open that looked REALLY annoyed! An amazing aspect about it was that each head was a different color! Red, green, and blue! What was even more amazinng was that the shell was yellow and even had an annoyed face! I didn't even know that Clamperls' shells' had faces! Well, anyway, I started to battle it and as soon as I sent out my Milotic, each head and the shell used an attack. Flamethrower, Magical Leaf, Hydro Blast, and Thunderbolt! It KOed my Milotic like that. After that, it went on a rampage attacking a lot of swimmers and surfers! Please catch that monstrosity!
~Fisherman Josiah
(If Clamperl evolves into Gorebyss, It will have a head as the tail and will have a Clamperl head on top of one head, and another on top of the other head.One Gorebyss head will have a yellow stripe, the other will have a blue stripe. One Clamperl head will have a red stripe, the other will have a green stripe. Samething applies if Clamperl evolves into Huntail.)

If you can't do it, I'm sorry for wasting your time.
@HybridTrainer: In due time my friend

@NotchEar: Thx man longtime no see whats up?

@CensorFairy: Lol man thx also i see u like spriting keep practicing

@Lizardman: I like it. If i decide to not rename the pokemon 9/10 I will use your icon

thats a pretty good idea I feel slow because im a little confused with all the heads XD

@Andinator: Damn...... thats sweet. Ima put all three in my sig lmao. ooh like vanitas said make one of meteor bagon. use the nuetronstar bg or the endofthe world one. those are cool man good job

Hey guys i kno this dnt have nothing to do with the game but wouldnt it be cool if the pokemon could be animated in the game like this
make your animated sig at www.gifninja.com

USEFUL STUFF: PRODUCTS I THINK U GUYS MIGHT LIKE

LEARN HOW TO MAKE MONEY WITH
CELL PHONES!!!Click this link>>> http://tinyurl.com/yaqyfop
(I'm doing it to haha)

WANNA COPY CONSOL GAMES?PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, Gamecube, Psp, Nintendo Ds, Playstation, Ps One, Ps2, Xbox, Dreamcast, And Game Boy/GameBoy Advanced...
Click this link>>> http://tinyurl.com/ygs3gas

LEARN HOW TWO DOMINATE MAFIA WARS!!!
Click this link>>> http://tinyurl.com/ycerrnu

Old December 12th, 2009 (10:26 PM).
Andinator
Got my Account Back

thats what i was trying to get my friend to do. anyways, why don't you just use imageready? it comes with photoshop. and my banners are fails. you can't see the text. lol

Click us!!!!!
My Poképet!!

ELECTIVIRE

Old December 12th, 2009 (11:18 PM). Edited December 12th, 2009 by Rabbit.
Rabbit
where is my mind?

Inspired by Andinator.

Those animations look awesome...but isn't it going to be a lot of work animating all of the fakemons?

dreaming again
Old December 13th, 2009 (11:24 AM).
Spikey-Eared Pichu
Pichu-pi!

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via AIM to Spikey-Eared Pichu
Not much, Alex. Nice animations by the way. If all of the Pokemon were animated during battles then I think you'd find a lot more people to be interested (Not that a lot of people aren't already.) since it'll give battles a bit more life.
Old December 13th, 2009 (12:21 PM).
~Kian~
Spriter In The Making

Nature: Quirky
havnt posted in a while but just thought id let you know im still alive

yeh animated sprites would be cool

really like the un-earthed diglett nice evo too

PS: ive got a cool idea for a hack im gonna make when my laptop gets fixed (i sent it off) so if you wanna help with spriting that would be great if you wanna know the info let me know

~Kian~

'tyranilacegon'
Made By The Mystery Egg,
Please visit his Fusion thread.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links