The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: which nightmare ponyta looks better on page 6?
The first one 231 74.28%
The second one 87 27.97%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 311. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #1126    
Old December 22nd, 2009, 02:09 PM
Ty 101's Avatar
Ty 101
Advanced Trainer
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Sorry for my prolonged absence.
life is really full and stressful right now.
I do have good news though.
After two weeks of so much work and lack of time, I will be able to continue working on the hunt system Friday or Saturday.

what animation script are you talking about.
__________________
Pokemon Forest of Secrets Creator.
Currently in the Drawing Board
  #1127    
Old December 22nd, 2009, 02:36 PM
darthvagabond100's Avatar
darthvagabond100
Pokemon ~NEBULA~ Creator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty 101 View Post
Sorry for my prolonged absence.
life is really full and stressful right now.
I do have good news though.
After two weeks of so much work and lack of time, I will be able to continue working on the hunt system Friday or Saturday.

what animation script are you talking about.
like a script to animate pokemon in battle like in my sig. Of course I would have to draw more frames...but if you can pull the scriptin off. then I would have no problem making them
__________________



USEFUL STUFF: PRODUCTS I THINK U GUYS MIGHT LIKE

LEARN HOW TO MAKE MONEY WITH
CELL PHONES!!!Click this link>>> http://tinyurl.com/yaqyfop
(I'm doing it to haha)

WANNA COPY CONSOL GAMES?PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, Gamecube, Psp, Nintendo Ds, Playstation, Ps One, Ps2, Xbox, Dreamcast, And Game Boy/GameBoy Advanced...
Click this link>>> http://tinyurl.com/ygs3gas

LEARN HOW TWO DOMINATE MAFIA WARS!!!
Click this link>>> http://tinyurl.com/ycerrnu















  #1128    
Old December 22nd, 2009, 02:53 PM
Spikey-Eared Pichu's Avatar
Spikey-Eared Pichu
Pichu-pi!
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: My house
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Send a message via AIM to Spikey-Eared Pichu
The building looks very interesting, I'm intrigued to know if it's a special location or just an ordinary building.

The legendary Pokemon, imo, is pure awsomeness =)
__________________


If you feel like battling, send me a message (: I do use hacked Pokemon and am not afraid to admit it. If you have an restriction (No DW Pokemon, no legendaries, etc.) I'd be happy to oblige by those rules.
  #1129    
Old December 22nd, 2009, 02:58 PM
Andinator's Avatar
Andinator
Got my Account Back
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Gender:
Nature: Relaxed
i could probably do some of theframes too, since one of my best spriting abilities is copying a style
__________________



Click us!!!!!
My Poképet!!

ELECTIVIRE



  #1130    
Old December 22nd, 2009, 03:59 PM
SkullHydra's Avatar
SkullHydra
Derpy Fan
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Aperture Science Enrichment Center
Age: 22
Gender: Male
I love the new building. Is it some kind of lab, or do all the people in Terra have hi-tech buildings?
The new legendary is EPIC btw. I can't wait to see the others (Especially the alien one).
__________________
"There was even going to be a party for you. A big party that all your friends were invited to. I even invited your best friend the companion cube. Of course he couldn't come because you murdered him. All your other friends couldn't come either because you don't have any other friends because of how unlikable you are. It says so right here in your personnel file; 'Unlikable. Liked by no one. A bitter unlikable loner whose passing shall not be mourned.' SHALL NOT BE MOURNED. That's exactly what it says. Very formal. Very official. It also says you were adopted. So that's funny too." ~GLaDOS
  #1131    
Old December 22nd, 2009, 09:02 PM
HeavyOctillery
Locked & Loaded
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
The building is alright. Glad we get to see one of the Legendaries finally (not counting Deoxys-O).
__________________
This signature has been disabled.
Exceeds signature height limit.
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
  #1132    
Old December 23rd, 2009, 09:14 AM
lizardman974's Avatar
lizardman974
I'm honestly just that awesome
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
I don't think that animating the pokemon during the entire battle would be a good idea because:

1) It would take a lot of time, effort, and space.
2) It would delay progression of the rest of the game.
3) When animated, the sprites look like they lost color and they look grainy.
__________________


  #1133    
Old December 23rd, 2009, 09:20 AM
lx_theo's Avatar
lx_theo
Game Developer
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardman974 View Post
I don't think that animating the pokemon during the entire battle would be a good idea because:

1) It would take a lot of time, effort, and space.
2) It would delay progression of the rest of the game.
3) When animated, the sprites look like they lost color and they look grainy.
1 and 2 are true, but are the same as any significant feature that they'd want to add

I don't know where you got #3, because its just switching between a few frames like in the official games.
  #1134    
Old December 23rd, 2009, 09:25 AM
Andinator's Avatar
Andinator
Got my Account Back
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Gender:
Nature: Relaxed
animation would probably be added into later releases (once all the plotline and post game stuff have been added) but would come before stuff like online play (just an example. not even being considered right now)
__________________



Click us!!!!!
My Poképet!!

ELECTIVIRE



  #1135    
Old December 23rd, 2009, 09:27 AM
lizardman974's Avatar
lizardman974
I'm honestly just that awesome
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by lx_theo View Post
I don't know where you got #3, because its just switching between a few frames like in the official games.
Here's where I got 3 :

and

See? They look grainy.
__________________


  #1136    
Old December 23rd, 2009, 09:42 AM
Ty 101's Avatar
Ty 101
Advanced Trainer
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
I kind of agree with that but I'd rather have animation than perfect quality
__________________
Pokemon Forest of Secrets Creator.
Currently in the Drawing Board
  #1137    
Old December 23rd, 2009, 09:56 AM
lizardman974's Avatar
lizardman974
I'm honestly just that awesome
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Okay, so compare the last fakemon here: with this:

Personally, I think the still one looks better.
__________________


  #1138    
Old December 23rd, 2009, 10:04 AM
Death5 Shadow's Avatar
Death5 Shadow
Apocalyptic Salvation
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Nature: Mild
I agree with lizardman on this topic.
__________________

  #1139    
Old December 23rd, 2009, 10:06 AM
lx_theo's Avatar
lx_theo
Game Developer
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardman974 View Post
Okay, so compare the last fakemon here: with this:

Personally, I think the still one looks better.
That's like that because its not a PNG. Now a game would be cycling through different frames of the still, all with the same quality. It is just that the process for making that GIF probably lower the quality considerably
  #1140    
Old December 23rd, 2009, 10:26 AM
Andinator's Avatar
Andinator
Got my Account Back
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Gender:
Nature: Relaxed
its cause he saved the graphic quality wrong. he should have saved it as 256 colors
__________________



Click us!!!!!
My Poképet!!

ELECTIVIRE



  #1141    
Old December 23rd, 2009, 11:18 AM
Wichu's Avatar
Wichu
Project Amethyst
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: North Herts, England
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Naive
In short, in-game it will have the same quality as the still one, right?

Anyway, I think that if you're up to the spriting, animated sprites would be better. It looks like a lot of work to make extra sprites for every Pokémon...
__________________
  #1142    
Old December 23rd, 2009, 11:45 AM
CensorFairy's Avatar
CensorFairy
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Texas
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
I think animation would be a great addition to the game.
And I don't think it would be that hard if you had help-
All you really have to do is edit the existing sprite and tweak a bit.
__________________
Blarg I'm really out of practice.




  #1143    
Old December 23rd, 2009, 01:58 PM
snap12's Avatar
snap12
Billie Jean is not my lover
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: USA
Gender: Male
Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardman974 View Post
I don't think that animating the pokemon during the entire battle would be a good idea because:

1) It would take a lot of time, effort, and space.
2) It would delay progression of the rest of the game.
3) When animated, the sprites look like they lost color and they look grainy.
I totally agree. I think it very well could be added down the road when more gameplay is done. What would you rather have: a nice long beta with still sprites or an unfinished game with animations?

But if you and Andinator can find some help, I say go for it.
__________________

V I I I. T h e . F u r r y . o f . D a n c i n g . F l a m e s
  #1144    
Old December 23rd, 2009, 02:36 PM
darthvagabond100's Avatar
darthvagabond100
Pokemon ~NEBULA~ Creator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardman974 View Post
Here's where I got 3 :

and

See? They look grainy.
Hmm I see your point but in this particular case i have to object because Gif. Lowers the animation quality...as you can see with the animated fakemon i created, they are in gif format because i was using them as examples. Ingame the quality would be good because you are switching between 2 or more png. image frames...But one issue i am scared of is lag! I think we should do a test and if i can find a scripter to pull it off ill post a test video. then we can debate.

But on a side note i would add animation as a final touch to the game after story etc are complete. that way i could release a demo to keep you guys busy then the full version with animations later.

But like i said frames aren't the issue with me...I actually enjoy making the animations.....

On another note im working on tiles at the moment to give nebula new look you know..currently working on underound city...Subterra
__________________



USEFUL STUFF: PRODUCTS I THINK U GUYS MIGHT LIKE

LEARN HOW TO MAKE MONEY WITH
CELL PHONES!!!Click this link>>> http://tinyurl.com/yaqyfop
(I'm doing it to haha)

WANNA COPY CONSOL GAMES?PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, Gamecube, Psp, Nintendo Ds, Playstation, Ps One, Ps2, Xbox, Dreamcast, And Game Boy/GameBoy Advanced...
Click this link>>> http://tinyurl.com/ygs3gas

LEARN HOW TWO DOMINATE MAFIA WARS!!!
Click this link>>> http://tinyurl.com/ycerrnu















  #1145    
Old December 23rd, 2009, 03:39 PM
snap12's Avatar
snap12
Billie Jean is not my lover
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: USA
Gender: Male
Nature: Lax
I think doing the test is a great way to figure this thing out.

And Subterra sounds cool man! is it going to have buildings or just caves that people live in? like a small cave could be someones house and a big cave could be a gym haha
__________________

V I I I. T h e . F u r r y . o f . D a n c i n g . F l a m e s
  #1146    
Old December 23rd, 2009, 03:55 PM
darthvagabond100's Avatar
darthvagabond100
Pokemon ~NEBULA~ Creator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
High tech underground...at least thats what i hope I can spritelol
__________________



USEFUL STUFF: PRODUCTS I THINK U GUYS MIGHT LIKE

LEARN HOW TO MAKE MONEY WITH
CELL PHONES!!!Click this link>>> http://tinyurl.com/yaqyfop
(I'm doing it to haha)

WANNA COPY CONSOL GAMES?PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, Gamecube, Psp, Nintendo Ds, Playstation, Ps One, Ps2, Xbox, Dreamcast, And Game Boy/GameBoy Advanced...
Click this link>>> http://tinyurl.com/ygs3gas

LEARN HOW TWO DOMINATE MAFIA WARS!!!
Click this link>>> http://tinyurl.com/ycerrnu















  #1147    
Old December 23rd, 2009, 06:02 PM
lizardman974's Avatar
lizardman974
I'm honestly just that awesome
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Actually, speaking of high-tech underground, I had made this previously but had no use for it. But now I do! Behold! I call it the Stalac-lite™. You can have a scientist talk about how they made it so that it was easier to see down there, and made it blend in with the cave, so as to not disturb the native pokemon!
__________________


  #1148    
Old December 23rd, 2009, 06:26 PM
Death5 Shadow's Avatar
Death5 Shadow
Apocalyptic Salvation
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Nature: Mild
Stalaglite is actually harder to say than it looks. But thats unimportant. I like the idea of an underground city. Also I've been on this thread for so long I can't even remember and it's fun to look at how the discussions move from one subject to another. Hunts are the funniest thing ever to see how they have changed.
__________________

  #1149    
Old December 23rd, 2009, 06:50 PM
lizardman974's Avatar
lizardman974
I'm honestly just that awesome
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Not stalaglite. Stala*C*-lite.
__________________


  #1150    
Old December 23rd, 2009, 07:00 PM
Andinator's Avatar
Andinator
Got my Account Back
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Gender:
Nature: Relaxed
man darth, i think its your lack of experience with GIF. unless you have adobe imageready, send me the frames. i don't know if GIF can dothis, but you need to set the number of possible colors. GIF automatically does the same thing indexing does. therefore, you need to change the number of colors. your options should be 8 16 24 128 and 256
__________________



Click us!!!!!
My Poképet!!

ELECTIVIRE



Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 01:01 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.